PDA

View Full Version : When are they planning to tell us who is taking over?

trane
09-30-2010, 03:39 PM
That is the only thing I care about right now. Untill I get that answer I will not renew. That is my bottom line. Nothing else interests me. When I know the answer to this question, then I can make a reasoned decision as to wether I will renew. Right now I only have passed history to go on, and that is not good enough for me to renew.

Red Rat
09-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Trane
you will have to wait a long, long time.

rr

trane
09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
^ That is what I am afraid off. THe most important piece of info, will not be known to us, untill well after they have their money in hand. Well if that is the case they will not have mine.

Red Rat
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
in typical MLSE fashion it will be announced 2 days before the home opener.

rr

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Gord Stellick is the front runner...

flatpicker
09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
^ God help us.

trane
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
^ That is pretty much what I am thinking, then when they are shit for the first half they have a built in excuse. That is what I am tiered off. I mean why could they not have had a list ready, why could they not move the process over quickly, They shuold have known that they may fire Mo, for some time. In that case you need to be ready for the contingency that you do fire him.

trane
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Dale Mitchell, no man has done less with more.

trane
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Fuck, I can already see it, they will be bringing a players throught the midle of the season.

__wowza
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
PIERRE MCQUIRE, THIS MAN HAS DONE BIG WITH BODY PRESENCE

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Stanley+Cup+Finals+Practice+Sessions+EdL4gJzLTPrm. jpg

Lucky Strike
09-30-2010, 04:12 PM

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Stanley+Cup+Finals+Practice+Sessions+EdL4gJzLTPrm. jpg

If one of the other team's players gets sent off, he's probably be on the touchline going "WHAM-O!"

TFCRegina
09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
If one of the other team's players gets sent off, he's probably be on the touchline going "WHAM-O!"

At least he won't have an excuse to talk about people's (Read: Hal Gill's) long stick.

Red Rat
09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
The one man that will suit this institution to the tie, will be Diego Maradona.

sold

rr

Alixir
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM

He'll be all talking about how JDG is a MONSTER!!

flatpicker
09-30-2010, 05:36 PM
^ And he will conduct in depth interviews from the team bench, while the game is on.... and I will hate him for it.

Seriously... why do they allow that to happen???

ensco
09-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't expect anything soon. Hans Backe was hired January 7.

jloome
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Wasn't backe at notts county with ericksson? That was imploding at the time so the timing was fortunate, i think

Sullivan
09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I wasn’t asking, but this came out of nowhere, no official sources, and I share it for what it is, a rumour under fwiw.

My friends in Chicago tell me that Anselmi has had meetings with Jay Berhalter about the position of President of TFC. Berhalter is 38 and currently president of Kentaro USA. Kentaro markets the rights for several FA’s, the most prominent one is England (and of course the USA) and clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea. Berhalter, previous to Kentaro, was the USSF’s chief operating officer so he has the high level experience, including the 94 World Cup and the 03 Women’s World Cup, plus involvement with MLS.

The other name I keep hearing is Jim Sheldon, who retired in 2009 after 17 years as Executive Director of the NSCAA.

So it “looks” like Anselmi could be seeking an executive to take over his TFC duties and run TFC.

MFG1
09-30-2010, 06:30 PM
^ Pictures or it didnt happen, Sully.....:)

Sullivan
09-30-2010, 06:43 PM
^ Pictures or it didnt happen, Sully.....:)

that's exactly what I said,

anyway, ..... something to talk about...

I googled and dogpiled, appears Berhalter has good pedigree so I'd say its BS, Anselmi not football savy enough to pull this kind of hire off.

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
that's exactly what I said,

anyway, ..... something to talk about...

I googled and dogpiled, appears Berhalter has good pedigree so I'd say its BS, Anselmi not football savy enough to pull this kind of hire off.

Depends on which consultant they hired. They hired a consultant to find a GM for the hockey team - and then signed the guy every caller to talk radio suggested. Don't you wish you could get the consultant's fee?

kaos197O
09-30-2010, 06:50 PM
What's
Jürgen Klinsmann

and co. doing these days?

Sullivan
09-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Depends on which consultant they hired. They hired a consultant to find a GM for the hockey team - and then signed the guy every caller to talk radio suggested. Don't you wish you could get the consultant's fee?

Gord Kirke's a consultant, I thought he was Larry Tanenbaum's lawyer. meh

Sullivan
09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
What's
Jürgen Klinsmann

and co. doing these days?

Sitting in sunny California, waiting for the perfect gig

Suds
09-30-2010, 06:58 PM
I wasn’t asking, but this came out of nowhere, no official sources, and I share it for what it is, a rumour under fwiw.

My friends in Chicago tell me that Anselmi has had meetings with Jay Berhalter about the position of President of TFC. Berhalter is 38 and currently president of Kentaro USA. Kentaro markets the rights for several FA’s, the most prominent one is England (and of course the USA) and clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea. Berhalter, previous to Kentaro, was the USSF’s chief operating officer so he has the high level experience, including the 94 World Cup and the 03 Women’s World Cup, plus involvement with MLS.

The other name I keep hearing is Jim Sheldon, who retired in 2009 after 17 years as Executive Director of the NSCAA.

So it “looks” like Anselmi could be seeking an executive to take over his TFC duties and run TFC.

I understand it's wild rumour at this point.

Reading his history and resume he is a business/marketing guy. His resume in this area is pretty impressive. However, nothing in his resume says he has run a football club. A short stint at the Metro Stars and the rest of his background has been in event marketing/organization and selling rights. He's a straight up business guy.

That being said, he has been around the soccer for a long time and around the MLS since it started. His connections in US soccer probably run wide and deep.

Still, the cynic in me see just another business guy and not a football guy. Man, I hate that I'm so glass half empty right now. I blame MLSE for that too.

Sullivan
09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I understand it's wild rumour at this point.

Still, the cynic in me see just another business guy and not a football guy. Man, I hate that I'm so glass half empty right now. I blame MLSE for that too.

I hear ya.

My friends in Chicago tell me he is a football guy, played high level youth and then NCAA; and then there is his brother, he plays for the Galaxy, Gregg Berhalter. So he's from a football family.

Suds
09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
I hear ya.

My friends in Chicago tell me he is a football guy, played high level youth and then NCAA; and then there is his brother, he plays for the Galaxy, Gregg Berhalter. So he's from a football family.

Hopefully someone at MLSE has seen the light and that they need someone who can run the entire football operation. Turn everything over to one guy and let him build out a team of football people to run everything. I guess a guy like this has the background to run the business but also the football background to know who to hire to run & build out the team side of things.

What's amazing that any one of the 16,000 season seat holders could have told MLSE this 5 years ago when we got our franchise. :rolleyes:

CoachGT
09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
I hear ya.

This wouldn't be a bad thing IMO. At least he speaks the language.

ArmenJBX
09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
If he signs, he'll easily get his brother to come join us :D

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Gord Kirke's a consultant, I thought he was Larry Tanenbaum's lawyer. meh

At the time I think they called him "Head of the Search Committee," something like that. He's much more than just a lawyer ;).

Sullivan
09-30-2010, 07:38 PM
If he signs, he'll easily get his brother to come join us :D

NOT! ;)

Have you seen GB play lately; he just might be the Galaxys version of Garcia.