PDA

View Full Version : New TFC email - Sep 30

H Bomb
09-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Im sure you all got this --

"We wanted to get in touch today because we know there has been some confusion regarding next year's Season Ticket Package. Hopefully, this email will clarify some of the main differences between what you received this year and what is included in your 2011 Season Ticket PackageShould we not qualify for these matches, you will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the value of the matches based upon the 2011 season ticket package pricehttp://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/1/Renew+Now.JPG (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=c4ba7249378b517aeb576c9f1965c03e85342438d64b13 605ef371230c06c564)You can follow the link above for all of the information on Season Seat renewals, but we want to remind you that the deadline to qualify for the early renewal contest is today (September 30) at midnight. If you renew before then, you will be automatically entered into a draw to win an exclusive Toronto FC road tripThe lucky winner and a guest will travel with the team to our final match of this season against D.C. United.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call our sales and service team at 416-360-GOAL (4625). Thanks for supporting Toronto FC!

-------------------------------------------------

This pisses me off so much. "There has been confusion"? Trust me assholes, there hasnt been any confusion at all. The tactlessness of this all will leave a sour taste in my mouth for years I'm sure. needed to vent. Those rat bastards.

Parkdale
09-30-2010, 09:51 AM
your copy paste didn't work out exactly.... but the point is clear.

we aren't "confused" about anything. We DO understand, and we're not happy about it.

ACSertL
09-30-2010, 09:56 AM
So a full refund and not just credit?

ensco
09-30-2010, 09:58 AM
I meant to put this up elsewhere but forgot.

That trip with the team to DC on Oct 23, wow, what a prize. Come see the two worst teams in the league play out the string.

Maybe they could line up a couple of funerals in the area, or a trip to the morgue, for the lucky fan who wins.

AL-MO
09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Just saw this.

:lol:

Fuck off, we get it you are bending us over the table like every other year. They just see us as walking dollar signs. Their sales pitch-line this year is a joke (see my sig). These people don't care. Maybe never have, they were just disguising themselves for a while.

neuf
09-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Its hard to read this email without making an air jerk-off motion.

Suds
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
hahahaa!!! "some confusion" .... nice attempt at SPIN

I guess the reps are taking a fair bit of heat when they are making their calls for renewals (or lack thereof).

Pyeddo
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/53c/29f/53c29f27-829b-4d09-836a-228a2c40fb0c

jabbronies
09-30-2010, 10:18 AM
This was also in the email:

http://www.raviaujla.com/webBlogs/matches.gif

billyfly
09-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Bring back the "international" thread to all users. We need something else to occupy us on the boards.

Wagner
09-30-2010, 10:24 AM
too funny.
"you're not mad...you're confused"

I'm going to say that the next time the Mrs. is mad at me....see how that goes.

The Professor
09-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I spat my coffee at the "1 year only!"

People who have been only raped once are still rape victims.

Wull
09-30-2010, 10:34 AM
too funny.

Be sure to call the hospital to advise of your arrival in advance!

razor787
09-30-2010, 10:36 AM
It's kinda funny. When the mls cup was announced in Toronto, we were doing quite well. People were throwing around how great it would be to have Toronto in the final. Definitely different scenario now

TFC Cityboy
09-30-2010, 10:42 AM
and there I was thinking "aha, the light bulb has gone on. MLSE is making the MLS Cup an option".
Should've known better.
To be fair, the club did an awful job of communicating the added features at the time they blindly sent the renewal email. They should have broken it out then.

Roogsy
09-30-2010, 10:44 AM
too funny.

Oh man I spit my coffee out at this one.

DaBandit
09-30-2010, 10:48 AM

That trip with the team to DC on Oct 23, wow, what a prize. Come see the two worst teams in the league play out the string.

Maybe they could line up a couple of funerals in the area, or a trip to the morgue, for the lucky fan who wins.

LMFAO!!!

Cas87
09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
The one plus side, i guess, is that who ever does keep their season seats doesn't have a stupid friendly that costs an arm and a leg which they don't want to go to and sell the tix for $20

DaBandit
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I replied to there email saying..

'I'm not confused, i see quite clearly that your gouging me again, and I'm not happy about it.'

Cant wait for my rep to call me about my renewal, so i can bring up the price increase last year, the real madrid fiasco, the G20 crap. Then I'm going to tell her to walk down the hallway and stick my tickets up the arse of the first excutive she see's.

Brooker
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
we're confused... it's just a phase... we'll grow out of it..... right?

uhhh

Pookie
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM

Maybe DeRo will invite the lucky fan into the locker room for a fake trophy presentation.

P-NUTZ
09-30-2010, 11:09 AM
they really are stupid pigs.
the full refund is by law.

the nerve.

ensco
09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Maybe DeRo will invite the lucky fan into the locker room for a fake trophy presentation.

Sounds like a Pookie short idea to me....

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM

The lucky fan better watch out, he could end up in the line-up...

__wowza
09-30-2010, 11:43 AM

:smilielol5:this got me.

jloome
09-30-2010, 11:49 AM

I know it's not your intent dude, but the continuing use of this term really downplays rape. You haven't been raped.

jloome
09-30-2010, 11:49 AM

Maybe he'll sign everyone's refund cheques.

Pookie
09-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a Pookie short idea to me....

Not a bad idea at all.

That said, I think I’ve shown my commitment to this team and this Group and these boards. It's time for The Toronto Star and the RBP Membership Committee to show me some commitment as well.

With every Pookie Short, with the exception of the JDG one, I’ve been showing my worth and it’s about time they come to me with something. I know of other SGs who have gone and offered up a free beer or a custom avatar I think it’s only fair. It does get frustrating after a while after you continue to give your all and perform. It does get frustrating but in saying that, I’m still going to go out there and continue to give my 100 per cent.

Will I stop making Pookie Shorts? No. Not me. You’re probably asking the wrong guy. I’m still going to give 100 per cent. I still go out there to create with pride and that’s pretty much it.

Roogsy
09-30-2010, 11:54 AM
^ Evil... :lol:

H Bomb
09-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Not a bad idea at all.

That said, I think I’ve shown my commitment to this team and this Group and these boards. It's time for The Toronto Star and the RBP Membership Committee to show me some commitment as well.

With every Pookie Short, with the exception of the JDG one, I’ve been showing my worth and it’s about time they come to me with something. I know of other SGs who have gone and offered up a free beer or a custom avatar I think it’s only fair. It does get frustrating after a while after you continue to give your all and perform. It does get frustrating but in saying that, I’m still going to go out there and continue to give my 100 per cent.

Will I stop making Pookie Shorts? No. Not me. You’re probably asking the wrong guy. I’m still going to give 100 per cent. I still go out there to create with pride and that’s pretty much it.

that was pretty awesome.

menefreghista
09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
This email made me laugh.

Its obvious renewals aren't going as planned and the reps are probably tired of taking shit from the fans.

The over use of exclamation marks was good too. That's putting a PR flack to work big time.

By the way. We usually get something in the mail about renewing. I haven't got it yet. Are they not doing that this year?

Joe Kool
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I never got this email that you guys are talking about. NOW I am confused I think...or am I mad? Not sure which.

DangerRed
09-30-2010, 12:42 PM
The insult implicit in this email is amazing.

"We've noticed a few of you dumb sheep have strayed away during the march to the slaughterhouse, so we just want to make sure you understand how great the slaughterhouse is. It's bigger and more roomy than last year! Now shut the fuck up and get back on the path."

The Professor
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
I know it's not your intent dude, but the continuing use of this term really downplays rape. You haven't been raped.

A. I didn't say that I had been raped. I was using an extreme statement to point out the FO's ridiculous logic of "1 year only!" in their pathetic attempt to justify forcing MLS Cup tickets on SSHs.

B. In doing so, I didn't intend to downplay a sexual crime. I used 'rape' in its primary - not common - meaning:

rape v
1. a. trans. and intr. To take or seize (something) by force

Why? Because "scam" or "swindle" don't seem to quite relate my anger over the renewal process for next year's season's tickets - particularly the FO's assumption that we all have the spare cash just sitting around in the next few weeks to make their payment dates at the new inflated price.

I'd say "gun-to-the-head" renewal process, but I really haven't had a gun to my head, have I? And don't wish to downplay the victims of gun crimes.

Wagner
09-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Dude,
he's a professor...
you aren't going to win a battle of wits.

Parkdale
09-30-2010, 01:08 PM
leather elbow patches a-swinging!

Petor
09-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Dude,
he's a professor...
you aren't going to win a battle of wits.

http://www.frightenstein.com/images/prof3.jpg
http://www.frightenstein.com/images/proftit.jpg

H Bomb
09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah...a professor of history....what have ya done for me lately.

Oldtimer
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Not a bad idea at all.

Do we have 2 designated humourist slots? Pookie's for the first. Ensco's Fake Tom Anselmi Diary should be a shoo-in for the second slot.

pekduck
09-30-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah...a professor of history....what have ya done for me lately.

witnessed your exclusion from history that's currently being made :D

lol j/k matt

GBV
09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
if nothing else, at least this means they're feeling some heat.
fkrs.

trane
09-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I have to confess I am confused. I am confused as to what the fuck TFC has as a long term plan, not their fucking business plan , but their fucking plan to create a tradition were it counts ON THE PITCH. CREATE A TRADITION ON THE PITCH and we will create a tradition in the stands. Show us what your direction, with a serious hireing and we will renew, I am confident of that. But no way I am paying you to keep on fucking our team up.

hamiltonfan
09-30-2010, 01:41 PM
dispite all that has happened, that video gets me going. after following soccer in toronto, and canada for 10+ years, MLSE stepped up gave us a team...hardly a team but a team to love. i'll be back, :flare::canada:

maninb
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
The insult implicit in this email is amazing.

"We've noticed a few of you dumb sheep have strayed away during the march to the slaughterhouse, so we just want to make sure you understand how great the slaughterhouse is. It's bigger and more roomy than last year! Now shut the fuck up and get back on the path."

My sentiments EXACTLY!!

Dave67
09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
if nothing else, at least this means they're feeling some heat.
fkrs.

That's exactly what I thought. All is not well in renewal land.

Phase 1 - send the STH an email and tell them they are just paying more money.

Phase 2 - you idiots did not listen. Pay us more money. Here we'll break it down to you.

I am waiting for phase 3. I predict it will be worded like this.

"Great news xxxxxx Toronto FC is making a one time exciting offer. The renewal window is being extended to Oct 23. Apparently some of you idiots need more time to understand that we want more money. After Oct 23 your tickets will be released the the 35,000* person waiting list"

* This list was confirmed accurate by the same company that confirmed the 180,000 waiting list for the Buffalo Bills in Toronto series.

Pachuco
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
I wonder why they didn't use the same chart last year. The chart would have looked like

2009 - 1 Champions League match ticket
2010 - ZERO Champions League tickets.

These fuckers think they take me for a fool. The Puerto Rico game was included in season's tickets in 2009.

So they took it away in 2010, and then they add it in 2011 but they are justifying the price increase by using this game as an example of why prices went up.

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE! They just took something away from us that was initially included, then they put it back and charge us for it. Fucking wonderfull.

DaBandit
09-30-2010, 02:18 PM
I wonder why they didn't use the same chart last year. The chart would have looked like

2009 - 1 Champions League match ticket
2010 - ZERO Champions League tickets.

These fuckers think they take me for a fool. The Puerto Rico game was included in season's tickets in 2009.

So they took it away in 2010, and then they add it in 2011 but they are justifying the price increase by using this game as an example of why prices went up.

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE! They just took something away from us that was initially included, then they put it back and charge us for it. Fucking wonderfull.

I was thinking the same thing.. They made such a big deal when our non playoff team for the 3rd year was only increasing ticket price by $1, hell PB even twitted it.. But no where did they mention it was one less game meaning the price per game was ALOT higher then the year before. These guys think everyone a FUCKING MORON.. ML$E exec's sitting in the boardroom laughting away 'hahaha, look guys I think we can pull the wool over these sheep's eyes again'..

Seriously cant we just get one team (Leafs, Raps or TFC) away from this JOKE of an organization?? 40 years in the city and all we have to show for it are two jays world series wins (Which were great dont get me wrong) and a couple of grey cups for the argos.. Please ML$E make like a tree and FUCK OFF already! Give the Leafs or TFC back to the fans. I know wishful thinkings, cause as long as there's a penny to be made your not going anywhere...

Stencils
09-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Something sad about all this is that in five years time when TFC manages maybe an average attendance of 8,000 to 10,000 a match, MLSE will be quoted as saying:

"The attendance of those early years could never have been maintained. They were abnomally high because of the freshness of the franchise, etc. etc. etc. It was always a part of our business model for us to stabilize where we are. Blah blah blah bullshit-vomit."

It's only a matter of time before CBC can't even afford to broadcast the games and your only viewing option will be Jerry Dope-son on Sportsnet or Gol(d) TV

trane
09-30-2010, 03:03 PM
^ That is the shit that we need to avoid. But to avoid it without simply putting up with shit play, we need to be vocal and decisive.

Parkdale
09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
It's only a matter of time before CBC can't even afford to broadcast the games and your only viewing option will be Jerry Dope-son on Sportsnet or Gol(d) TV

I'm sure MLSE would strong arm them into it, with the dangling carrot of Leafs and Raps games.

Kooper
09-30-2010, 03:10 PM
What pisses me off most about this email is the thought of what they will send us next year. "Hey good news your season ticket price is down/the same as last year." only this time there will be no MLS cup match.

menefreghista
09-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm sure MLSE would strong arm them into it, with the dangling carrot of Leafs and Raps games.

They can't do shit fuck all about it.

CBC negotiates its contract with the NHL and Raptor games are hardly a selling point.

Parkdale
09-30-2010, 03:16 PM
They can't do shit fuck all about it.

CBC negotiates its contract with the NHL and Raptor games are hardly a selling point.

and you don't think there's a Leafs presence in the NHL side of the negations? If the Leafs have veto power over a 2nd team in the Golden Horseshoe, I'd be willing to bet they can flex some muscle with the NHL-CBC broadcasting deal. After all, aren't they one of the biggest draws?

DaBandit
09-30-2010, 03:17 PM
LOL.. Just got and email about Raptor tickets being available for as low $12.50**

**Based on one upper bowl corner balcony ticket in the Fan Zone.

menefreghista
09-30-2010, 03:31 PM
and you don't think there's a Leafs presence in the NHL side of the negations? If the Leafs have veto power over a 2nd team in the Golden Horseshoe, I'd be willing to bet they can flex some muscle with the NHL-CBC broadcasting deal. After all, aren't they one of the biggest draws?

CBC recently dropped the Raptors.

If MLSE could have any type of pull you are asserting they would have used it already.

If the NHL ever pulled the CBC contract there would be a national outcry so big that it would make the current hate for Bettman seem tame.

james
09-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Leafs are the most supported team in NHL. I saw a few years ago Leafs made profits double the size of the 2nd higest profitable team ( i cant even remember who it was now), and the Leafs didnt even make the playoffs. Leafs get something like 1million viewers on Saturday nights on CBC....its a massive rattings, no other team comes close in Hoceky.

And Leafs im pretty sure are the reason there isnt a 2nd team in the Golden Horse shoe. Everyone knows the support is there, but Toronto ( the biggest team) arent happy about having a 2nd team to compete with. Im pretty sure the Leafs are the ones who tells Betman not to let a 2nd team in this area, and Betman has no choice but to listen to them because they probably secretly pay him off, lol.

james
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Something sad about all this is that in five years time when TFC manages maybe an average attendance of 8,000 to 10,000 a match, MLSE will be quoted as saying:

"The attendance of those early years could never have been maintained. They were abnomally high because of the freshness of the franchise, etc. etc. etc. It was always a part of our business model for us to stabilize where we are. Blah blah blah bullshit-vomit."

very true, when the actual fact will be the Soccer fans are here, but wont pay rediculous prices.

Maybe TFC fans can support a lower division team in the area and with well support even build it up over the years to have more fans then TFC get....ya its a long shot and a dream, but still. Teams have done it in the UK!

Wagner
09-30-2010, 05:24 PM

there's a reason the leafs get most of the Saturday night games...even when they're playing like garbage.

ensco
09-30-2010, 05:43 PM
there's a reason the leafs get most of the Saturday night games...even when they're playing like garbage.

This isn't true anymore. Historically about half the Leaf home games (20 or 21) were on Saturday nights. That number started dropping about 3 years ago. It was 16 last year. It's 14 this year.

Just as telling, the majority of the Leaf Sat games are against the best TV draws (Montreal, Pittsburgh, Washington etc)

HNIC is running away from the Leafs.

Darlofletch
09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
What pisses me off most about this email is the thought of what they will send us next year. "Hey good news your season ticket price is down/the same as last year." only this time there will be no MLS cup match.

next year, the carlsberg cup match will be back, bank on it.

I'd say in 2011 it'll be our turn to get someone big what they can do a real madrid with. 2012 will be back to the usual bolton/river plate standard, and will be back in the season package.

Miko
09-30-2010, 06:22 PM
This isn't true anymore. Historically about half the Leaf home games (20 or 21) were on Saturday nights. That number started dropping about 3 years ago. It was 16 last year. It's 14 this year.

Just as telling, the majority of the Leaf Sat games are against the best TV draws (Montreal, Pittsburgh, Washington etc)

HNIC is running away from the Leafs.

Not so much that HNIC is running away from the Leafs but that the contracts from Sportsnet and TSN are worth far more to the team. HNIC is negotiated on a national level and all teams split the revenue equally.

The Sportsnet deal is worth, I believe, $750K a game that the Leafs get all to themselves.

ParadymeTFC
10-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Not a bad idea at all.

Epic!

DichioTFC
10-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Not a bad idea at all.

Too bad you made your cheque-signing gesture after the JDG short
:P

promojosh
10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
My response to that email as sent to my rep.
"The confusion lies within the fact that after setting yet another record this year for franchise impotence in MLS, MLSE feels justified in increasing ticket packages. Not just by adding new games, but at a cost per game, prices have increased. Most of us are aware that if games are added to the schedule, prices will go up. Give us some credit. We may have blindly bought into to TFC, ignoring what MLSE has done with the Leafs and Raps, but as a collective we're smart enough to figure out more games = more money. The real confusion lies in:
1) paying more/game. What does that cover outside of severance packages for Mo and Preki, as well as covering your mis-spend on guys like Mista and to an extent; DeGuzman? I'm sure I could list more (I.e. Cunnigham, Samuel, Garcia, etc...)
2) being forced into MLS Cup ticket purchases. Good on ya for showcasing time and again that TFC supporters are the most passionate in the league. That doesn't mean we're positively passionate about watching two teams (1 or 2 of which are our rivals) play in OUR stadium for a championship WE want.

WE have built this club beyond expectation through attendance records & merchandise sales records. MLSE on the other hand has degraded and disgraced this club with ineptitude in the front office and a failure to recognize your true fan base (other than to use images of the fan passion to extol the greatness that is MLSE when it suits your needs and builds your profits).

But thank you for clearing up the ticket package situation while ignoring the $/game increase. You have demonstrated once again that the interests of this organization are not success on the pitch and in relating to your fan base. Champions League success at the cost of focusing on reaching your original promises for MLS success do not justify this increase or your attempted spin on it.

Along with that email, a scathing conversation with my rep and a number of angry "tweets", @torontofc has started following me (@promojosh) on Twitter. Tin foil hat time. I think i'm being followed and a my life is in jeopardy. In the event I never tweet or post again, lead the investigators to MLSE front offices. Charges should include murder (both of myself and the success of TFC), extortion and generally just being douchebags.

torontocelt
10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
A $180 price hike in my ticket means I am not renewing. For me I have ploughed in a lot of money into this club and they will not be receiving even a quarter of my normal amount next year. The prices in the dark grey are already insane and the price hike does not help. TFC are basically charging me the equivalent of 32 pounds a game to see TFC and the team currently is not worth even half of that.

The continued price hike when the product continues to fail tells me everything I need to know about what direction this club is going. Those in charge at TFC do not give a damn about their support, this has been shown in numerous examples over the years. I am confident that due to the continued abuse of the TFC fans that this club is going to fall flat on its face within the next 5 years. When the FO comes begging its its fans to come back and starts offering us deals which are prevalent amongst other MLS clubs I will consider getting a season ticket again but as it stands I will be happy to pick and choose what games to go to and it will cost me a hell of a lot less.

TOBOR !
10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Don't mean to be obtuse, but if TFC doesn't make it to the MLS cup final will the cost of the ticket be refunded ?

menefreghista
10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Don't mean to be obtuse, but if TFC doesn't make it to the MLS cup final will the cost of the ticket be refunded ?

LOL. You are stuck with the ticket.

If TFC doesn't make the CCL next year you might get 1 or 2 games refunded. All depending on the format of the NCC.

SirBobSaget
10-04-2010, 03:28 PM

Well cross that bridge when we get there.

The organization has plenty motivation to win their way into the final so I'm pretty much expecting to be cheering them on in November.

Actually just got an idea ... the TFC fans being given the privilege of 'first dibs' rights at the MLS cup tickets should go to the game pretending its TFC game? wear the red and go on with regular chants, and curse at the LBs and DMs whenever they screw up.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-04-2010, 10:33 PM
LOL. You are stuck with the ticket.

If TFC doesn't make the CCL next year you might get 1 or 2 games refunded. All depending on the format of the NCC.

I thought Paul B. said it would be a credit. I can't imagine MLSE offering any sort of refund.

menefreghista
10-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I thought Paul B. said it would be a credit. I can't imagine MLSE offering any sort of refund.

I'm pretty sure they have to offer you a refund by law.

Suds
10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm pretty sure they have to offer you a refund by law.

It will be a credit against the following year's renewal. When the following year renewal time comes around and you choose not to renew, then you will be refunded.

Now, I don't know if by law they can hold that money if you request it back. I'm just saying how the process is handled.

menefreghista
10-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Now, I don't know if by law they can hold that money if you request it back. I'm just saying how the process is handled.

If you ask for it they have to give it to you. They can't wait.