PDA

View Full Version : Are You going to the MLS Cup?

bgnewf
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Here is why I am not

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/no-to-mls-cup/

Bars92
09-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Maybe if Beckham or Henry play.

Kaz
09-30-2010, 09:34 AM
really depends on the teams and cash flow for me.. if I can walk up on the day of and buy a ticket, I might; but your blog has many good points.

Darlofletch
09-30-2010, 09:37 AM
I'll be going. I was quite happy when it was announced, thought it'd be kind of cool to go to even if tfc don't make it. So it works quite well for me that I get it at a discounted season ticket rate.

I get why people are upset, and it really should have been an optional thing, but yeah, I'll be there.

RedsYNWA
09-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Nah......... I don't care

tfcgk
09-30-2010, 09:40 AM
I will be attending

mastermixer
09-30-2010, 09:40 AM
I'll be going. I was quite happy when it was announced, thought it'd be kind of cool to go to even if tfc don't make it. So it works quite well for me that I get it at a discounted season ticket rate.

I get why people are upset, and it really should have been an optional thing, but yeah, I'll be there.

Great, the one theread the suits prob decide to read and its all positive so far lol.

MartinUtd
09-30-2010, 09:42 AM
If I'm there, I'll be wearing a bag over my head.

pekduck
09-30-2010, 09:42 AM
I'll go.

Been to the last 2 in LA and Seattle.

Will continue to go to all future MLS Cups.

Wull
09-30-2010, 09:49 AM
no interest in any mls game not involving TFC

stugautz
09-30-2010, 09:50 AM
If I can get tickets at a reasonable price I'll go. It's the cup we all want and I'm not a season ticket holder so at least I can say I went to a championship game in Toronto.

maninb
09-30-2010, 09:53 AM
I hope it's RSL against Columbus.....and NOBODY shows up......

FootieChick
09-30-2010, 09:58 AM
I went last year with my dad and it was the most amazing experience the supporters from all over North America are amazing people! My two girlfriends are coming to this game... one from London ON, and the other flying in from Saskatchewan... which reminds me, how do I get 2 extra tickets? I am going because I love the game and the atmosphere.

MKR
09-30-2010, 10:00 AM
haha God no.

Suds
09-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Most likely not going to the game, however, in my case it will be due to work commitments.

Will I leave my seat empty for this game? Undecided.

Fort York Redcoat
09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
I went last year with my dad and it was the most amazing experience the supporters from all over North America are amazing people! My two girlfriends are coming to this game... one from London ON, and the other flying in from Saskatchewan... which reminds me, how do I get 2 extra tickets? I am going because I love the game and the atmosphere.

Girl you joking? Tickets for this will be plentiful. Most people don't want to go and would love to get some $$$ for theirs.

I'm not going unless it's to protest.

CretanBull
09-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Here is why I am not

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/no-to-mls-cup/

I couldn't agree with your perspective more! I made the same point in a discussion in our members section. MLSE have chosen to screw over the STH to make themselves look good in the eyes of the league (delivering a full stadium for their big event) the power is in our hands to use that to our advantage.

For it to be effective we would have to get the message out that its a formal boycott...we can't allow MLSE to excuse the poor turn out on weather or some other factor - it must be known that we're not there because we have grievances with MLSE.

Heathen
Girl you joking? Tickets for this will be plentiful. Most people don't want to go and would love to get some $$$ for theirs.

I'm not going unless it's to protest.

Amen

Darlofletch
Great, the one theread the suits prob decide to read and its all positive so far lol.

The question was are you going? not do you think mlse did the right thing by forcing it on to season ticket holders?

while my answer to the second one would be no, answer to the actual question of the thread is yes.

Azerban
09-30-2010, 10:08 AM
a giant dick two-stick

literally a seven foot tall shaft with tiny little balls, mlse written in the veins

Roogsy
09-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Unless there is an organized, effective demonstration of our unhappiness, I will eat these tickets and leave 4 seats unused.

trane
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
As someone said previously NO interest in an MLS game that does not involve TFC. [ My view may change if there was another Canadian team involved right now-I have not interest-NONE]

AL-MO
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Unless there is an organized, effective demonstration of our unhappiness, I will eat these tickets and leave 4 seats unused.

I won't be attending either.

trane
09-30-2010, 10:13 AM

If I somehow change my mind, l am not sure how at this point, but if I did and buy tickets, I would only show up as a protest, and to make the atmosphere unwelcoming for both teams.

trane
09-30-2010, 10:15 AM
I would like the message that it would send to MLS, we support of local team not MLS. Which I think reflects the sentiment of many.

bgnewf
09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
For the record i am not calling for any organized boycott. What your group collectively decides to do or no do is of course up to you guys.

trane
09-30-2010, 10:25 AM
^ I think people are just puttin thoughts out there. Clearly out of anger.

London
09-30-2010, 10:33 AM
how much are blow up dolls??

or who has some under there bed?

CretanBull
09-30-2010, 10:34 AM
For the record i am not calling for any organized boycott. What your group collectively decides to do or no do is of course up to you guys.

I was responding to your point:

"Since MLSE seems to be structurally tone deaf to what they must be hearing from TFC supporters then one of the only ways at this point that we as fans can perhaps effect positive change within the club is to embarrass them in front of the city, the league and the assembled sports media. And if enough of us stay away from the league’s showcase event the troubles at TFC will be the story. I wish it was not so, but I see no other way for MLSE to get the message that they have been obviously ignoring for four years."

I agree wholeheartedly with that point of view, I just think to effect the change that we all want to see that it must be known that there's a reason why we're not there so it can't be dismissed or swept under the rug with some excuse like "bad weather".

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
^ I think people are just puttin thoughts out there. Clearly out of anger.

Yeah, there's a lot of anger all right.

And probably almost all of it would go away if MLSE just hired someone qualified to run TFC.

At least Mo would have said he was looking for someone ;).

Roogsy
09-30-2010, 10:39 AM
I am with you big guy.

If this group as a collective isn't going to do anything then as an individual supporter, I will.

Azerban
09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I am with you big guy.

If this group as a collective isn't going to do anything then as an individual supporter, I will.

if this group as a collective isn't going to do anything this group has no function and should honestly disband

Redboy11
09-30-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll be there.

Roogsy
09-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Since Toronto will not be in this game I feel that not going does not hurt our club at all. The only thing hurt will be MLSE’s reputation. And I encourage all of you to at least consider joining me in not going to big game in November. Not showing up and embarrassing MLSE in front of the league and a North American TV audience would perhaps put the issues we as supporters have been upset about on their front burner for once.

:thumbsup:

C.Ronaldo
09-30-2010, 01:43 PM
not going

but i might burn my tickets at the gate

C.Ronaldo
09-30-2010, 01:44 PM
p.s

would MLS want tickets available to real supporters of the participating teams?

Red Rat
09-30-2010, 01:47 PM
how much are blow up dolls??

or who has some under there bed?

my cast is finally off so I can donate mine.

rr

trane
09-30-2010, 01:47 PM
^ Fuck them. Sorry, but right now I care about TFC. Let the supporters in the north end stand, they would all fit. I would love to see an empty stadium.

Oldtimer
09-30-2010, 01:52 PM
I may go, I may sell my tickets.

I'm not doing an anti-MLSE protest. I'm renewing this year (giving MLSE one last chance). If I'm unhappy next year, I just won't renew.

Oldtimer
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Here's why you shouldn't boycott:

http://www.24thminute.com/2010/09/letter-bag-boycotting-mls-cup-is-not.html

trane
09-30-2010, 02:01 PM
^ Saying it is about ticket prices is overlly simplisitc. For me it is not. For me it is about 4 years of exeptionaly little growth, WHICH many people on these group predicted would be the case in year 2. Instead it took MLSE almost 4 years to take real action. Now they need to she me, and many other, what they will do. Not force us to buy tickets to games we do not give a shit about.

Detroit_TFC
09-30-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm going, and my Detroit friends want to go, so I'll be looking for extra tickets.

trane
09-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Well guess what I do not give a shit about the MLS, I think it is part of the problem for footy in CANADA, I do not give a shit if another game of footy is played in the United States. That is their business.

Footy is viable in the Canada. TFC has shown that, as will Vancouver and Montreal. That is what I care about.

Azerban
09-30-2010, 02:07 PM

third times the charm

trane
09-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Yes, I am a Canadian nationalist. I am OK with that. Very OK.

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 02:35 PM

So, he gives some reasons why it would be better for the fans in Seattle if there wasn't any protest in Toronto.

Otherwise what he says is, "You're stuck with MLSE, too bad for you, but don't fuck it up for the rest of us."

gtaguy
09-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Im done.. finished.. No seasons tickets renewed and will be sitting at a bar watching whoever is in the final..

Brooker
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM
If this happens, do you really believe that MLS will ever play another Cup final or All-Star match in Toronto?well whether we show up or not, we won't even be considered for another 15+ years atleast.... so I'm not too concerned about it right now.

This will also give the haters in all the other MLS clubs, Bill Archer comes to mind, more ammo against TFC and their supporters groups as being whiney arrogant blowhards.uhm... why should anybody give 2 shits what Bill Archer or any other fanbase in MLS think about us? Basically we should attend the game because people in Columbus or Seattle will think ________ about us. I know just as well as you know the majority of us are neither arrogant nor blowhards so what other opinion matters?

whatever.

DangerRed
09-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Absolutely not going.

And I beg you all to apply reason and think of the sweat, tears and money -- and most of all, the heart -- you've invested in this team and join me in not going either.

If there is a half-empty stadium, the MLSE will have to take notice.

The FO -- I once even wanted to work there, I love this team so much!! -- has proven time and again it doesn't give a fuck and a half about any of the valid concerns we've raised.

Think about it all and it boggles the mind: the ticket price increases, the performance on the pitch, the excuse making, the condescending insult contained in their latest email to each and every season ticket holder.

You can show them that they have to listen.

I implore you: don't go to the MLS Cup final.

flatpicker
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm like, totally going.
I'm gonna buy my popcorn and drinks.
I'm gonna spend half the game snapping humorous pictures of my friends.
I'll spend the other half texting all my other friends about where I am, how much I drank, what Beckham's hair looks like.
And when Beckham comes over for a corner kick, I'm gonna jump up and down and scream like a 14 year old girl.
I should then have enough to talk about on Facebook for at least 6 hours after the game.

trane
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
^ Now that is a true supporter.

After all it is about the atmosphere. Hahaha.

P-NUTZ
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
i might go. and if i do i'll drink heavily and think to myself how much of a mess these last 4 years have been, then i'll drink more and forget that and look at this as simply my last live game of the year and hope the game is good and the winning team worthy. i'll think about how going to euro 2012 is going to be really cool. i'll remind myself that i love soccer more than the tfc brand and mls and mlse combined and that it could be worse - i could be a leafs fan as well.

i'll do all these things if i go but i will try not to spend another ounce of energy getting mad because i've simply been tapped dry of that.

mlse is rotten to the core . we know it. they know it.

daner90
09-30-2010, 04:36 PM
probably going

NoNameboys
09-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Not going. Hopefully make some money on my tickets

Bloor West FC
09-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I have only been to 1 and that was in DC, missed the other's due to work. So I will be attending this game. It's fun and too bad we will not be in it but it will be some good soccer.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm going, kind of looking forward to it. Hoping for NY versus Seattle, my two favourite MLS team's who aren't TFC.

DavydMT
09-30-2010, 10:20 PM
After doing some thinking tonight YES i will be at the final. In my opinion final is about city of Toronto and our region and all the TFC supporters. Fuck MLS and MLSE.

WE ARE TORONTO

mclaren
09-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Im done.. finished.. No seasons tickets renewed and will be sitting at a bar watching whoever is in the final..

what he said

Red CB Toronto
09-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Who the fuck would not want to go, all this anti-MLS Cup talk is crap, all this crying about being forced to buy tickets to the game is making me sick, give it a rest and enjoy it for what it is, a Big Event.

I am a big fan of sports on the big stage, having gone to both the Mets at Philies and Red Sox at Yankees with packed stadiums over the last few days, I appreciate it even more when I get to watch the best the sport or in this case the league (MLS) has to offer.

The reality is, soccer is a sport and sport is a business, it is just plain simple, if you want to go, you are going to have to pay what the markets set at, which in this case is MLSE.

Hooligan69
09-30-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm not a season ticket holder, obviously, but I do wish to experience the MLS Cup final at least once in my lifetime. This is my chance.

Anyway, if folks renew their season tickets for 2011 and do not attend the final game, well, MLSE already has your money regardless.

Supporter: No chance in hell I'm showing up on Nov. 21.
MLSE: Meh. We've got your money now anyway. LOL *shrug*

Mikey
10-01-2010, 07:04 AM
I'll be going if Columbus make the final. I'm not ducking out on trouble that big in my home stand.