PDA

View Full Version : There Are No Meaningless Games!

bgnewf
09-29-2010, 11:13 AM
http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/goodbye-concacaf/

Why I strongly feel that we as supporters should still go to the Arabe Unido game next month even though the game means nothing to the results of the tournament.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
your view is your opinion...enjoy the game..!

This has nothing to do with the team i love (Lets make this clear)...Nothing about results....This has everything to do with the People who run the circus!

iTS Been explained in many threads already....

I wont be attending various reasons!

DangerRed
09-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I tend to agree with you bgnewf, but not this time.

This game is as meaningless as they get. You'll see this reflected in the attendance as well as in the disinterested performance of some of our squad.

I'll watch the highlights afterwards because Arabe Unido is a very annoying team and it'd be great to see them get pounded. But I'm not about to pay MLSE for the privilege.

I'm most definitely not attending.

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM

Why I strongly feel that we as supporters should still go to the Arabe Unido game next month even though the game means nothing to the results of the tournament.

If I lived or worked downtown Toronto, and it was a sunny saturday afternoon I may consider it. But since I don't, I'm not going out of my way to go to a meaningless game on a Tuesday when I'll get home at midnight, work the next morning and be stuck in traffic for probably 6+ hours on that day.

menefreghista
09-29-2010, 11:28 AM
I will be watching this game on an illegal stream.

I don't feel like paying MLSE for Gol TV.

I'm trying to move my tickets for this match but I don't think that will be possible.

Wull
09-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I'll be there, I want to see that team get their comeuppance

Alixir
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM

Why I strongly feel that we as supporters should still go to the Arabe Unido game next month even though the game means nothing to the results of the tournament.The reason everyone should go is because TFC went out and accomplished exactly what they should have.
I see this years CL as a success for TFC, and we should show them that we appreciate what they did to get there.
Getting out of the group stage would have been nice but really if people think we were there to accomplish more then we did need to wake up.
TFC had a great CCL.

maninb
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
If it's a nice evening I may attend...otherwise my empty seats will be telling MLSE to go fuck themselves....

H Bomb
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I'll be there, because I bought tickets, and wont be able to sell them off. that's it.

reggie
09-29-2010, 12:09 PM
im going because tfc is my team and i will support them good or bad.
for a team that has been around only 4 yrs there sure are a lot of people jumping off the bandwagon...

ensco
09-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Yes there are. This is as meaningless as any game has ever been in professional sports history.

TFC should play the Academy kids. Imagine if a valuable player takes a serious injury in that game.

Go and have fun. Or don't. But who cares?

Greg
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I will most likely be there. I agree with Alixir, despite everything that has happened (especially the game in Panama) TFC weren't really in a great position when the groups were drawn.

We were in a group with the MLS champs (and one of the best teams of the current season) and one of the best Mexican teams. The fact that we got 4 points off of Cruz Azul makes it sting more than it would've otherwise.

We got the points we didn't expect and lost the points (Arabe) that we should've taken care of easily.

On a more technical not, bgnewf, you suggest selling tickets for $5. Can they even do that given that they've announced and sold tickets for much higher prices up until now? Wouldn't all those people that bought at $30/40/50 clamor for refunds?

Anyway, hopefully it will be an entertaining game and the boys will be in a mood to get some revenge on those diving panamanians.

Heathen
09-29-2010, 12:18 PM
See its all very well accusing folks of disloyalty but its not like getting to and home from games is without monetary cost.

Phil
09-29-2010, 12:19 PM
They should do like the G20 game.

If you have a scanned ticket for this game, rebate it to you against next years seasons.

Edit: and pigs will fly...

Mark in Ottawa
09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes there are. This is as meaningless as any game has ever been in professional sports history.

TFC should play the Academy kids. Imagine if a valuable player takes a serious injury in that game.

Go and have fun. Or don't. But who cares?
^^ +1. Good chance for the up and comers to get some experience.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 12:26 PM
I am eating my tickets for this game.

I'd rather take this opportunity to show MLSE how unhappy I am by making sure my seats are one of many empty seats that will be there that day.

Pookie
09-29-2010, 12:27 PM
They should do like the G20 game.

If you have a scanned ticket for this game, rebate it to you against next years seasons.

Edit: and pigs will fly...

Or give you a free ticket towards next year's CCL. It shouldn't break the bank. Apparently they had 11,000 of them to give away last night.

Mikey
09-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I actually bought back the two tickets I had sold on for this game, all four of my seats will be empty. I highly doubt the first eleven will be taking to the field for this one.....

TOBOR !
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
A wise man said :

I'd rather take this opportunity to show MLSE how unhappy I am by making sure my seats are one of many empty seats that will be there that day.

Darlofletch
09-29-2010, 01:37 PM

literally? cos that would make a great anti-mlse publicity stunt.

Menelaos
09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Not going period.

Dbl_D
09-29-2010, 01:42 PM

but not going to the MLS cup and leaving your seats empty would ...

imagine 80% renewal and 80% empty mls cup seats

J .
09-29-2010, 02:00 PM
If I can, Ill be there

mike_bouma
09-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Travel an hour after work to a game that I could barely care less about, be tempted by expensive beers, travel and hour back home... and for what? 2 hours of engaging soccer? I doubt it. The satisfaction that some people see me as a "real supporter"? Who cares. I'm pretty sure I'll be printing out my ticket to wipe my behind with instead.

mdc 77
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
If supporters were going to protest the price increase for any match by staying away this is an easy pick.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Which should it be? The cardboard tickets we get in the package or the electronic print-offs? :D

DavydMT
09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
i think my tickets will be going to Kids Up Front Foundation (http://www.kidsupfront.com/TO-donate.htm)

Darlofletch
09-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Which should it be? The cardboard tickets we get in the package or the electronic print-offs? :D

the electronic print offs. a big group of supporters literally eating them outside gate 4, before leaving to go the pub would be awesome. set up an eating contest kind of thing, fastest to finish wins.

Wull
09-29-2010, 04:22 PM
the electronic print offs. a big group of supporters literally eating them outside gate 4, before leaving to go the pub would be awesome. set up an eating contest kind of thing, fastest to finish wins.

Do it with the MLS Cup ones!!! :D

Hooligan69
09-29-2010, 04:32 PM
A half-empty BMO Field for the MLS Cup final would send a message to management and the league much better than a meaningless CCL game.

Not judging.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
i think my tickets will be going to Kids Up Front Foundation (http://www.kidsupfront.com/TO-donate.htm)

Shoot...that's a really nice idea. I'd love to do something like this but I'd hate to not send a message to TFC. I gotta think about this one. I may opt for this idea simply because my problems with TFC should not deprive a kid from having a great night out.

Thanks for making it tough for me Davyd!

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 05:22 PM

No kids should be allowed in the stadium when Arabe plays. The last thing we want is these kids to grow up thinking you play soccer lying on the ground.

Yeoman
09-29-2010, 06:04 PM

the academy kids have playoffs to worry about.
yeah and with extremely short time off being the last game of the season and all

Sally Mack
09-29-2010, 07:19 PM

I was going to intentionally leave my seat empty, but this seems like a better idea.