PDA

View Full Version : Great job MLSE!!

Menelaos
09-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Please, do not give the supporters any of the North Stands, they are looking fantastic just the way you wanted them...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/MeneIaos/IMG00287.jpg

We are winning 1-0 at this point, and look how great the North Stands looked last night.

Seriously, way to go MLSE...

menefreghista
09-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Tom Anselmi and Paul Beirne just got a lesson in supply and demand.

I can't wait to see the numbers for the Arabe Unido game. 5,000 is a possibility.

Cashcleaner
09-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Please, do not give the supporters any of the North Stands, they are looking fantastic just the way you wanted them...

We are winning 1-0 at this point, and look how great the North Stands looked last night.

At the price they're charging for North Stand tickets, who in their right mind would want to go there now? South End seats are cheaper by far.

Menelaos
09-29-2010, 06:40 AM
^100% correct, so how about they lower them to actually get people into those seats? How about they open them up for supporters? How about they realize that we don't give a flying fuck about "cup holders"?

menefreghista
09-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Its going to be interesting to see how well north end tickets sell as seasons for about $50 per game.

My guess is poorly.

wzhxvy
09-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Good job Paul...GENIUS business move...the cup holders were a great idea though

zamperina
09-29-2010, 07:12 AM
HAHA

Looks good on those greedy suits....

Pookie
09-29-2010, 07:13 AM
I guess the few that did buy tickets there did so for the "atmosphere"

Even more exciting is the fact that they added what, 1,400 seats? Our attendance is up 1% or about 200 people. 1,200 empty seats for every home game.

Guess you kind of mis-read the market in setting your prices, eh?

ensco
09-29-2010, 07:19 AM
That's what Crew stadium looked like three years ago. It's better than that now.

Who among us ever thought that BMO would look like that for a meaningful game?

kaos197O
09-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Its going to be interesting to see how well north end tickets sell as seasons for about $50 per game.

My guess is poorly.

My guess is very well. There will surely be many people in the clubs seats, reds and dark greys who'll be looking to cut back on costs. That section will provide them a reasonable alternative.

Pyeddo
09-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Looked completely empty on TV last night thats for sure (except of course for the South End)

Cashcleaner
09-29-2010, 07:32 AM
^100% correct, so how about they lower them to actually get people into those seats? How about they open them up for supporters? How about they realize that we don't give a flying fuck about "cup holders"?

Lower prices? That's crazy talk, Menelaos!

So sad really. There was a time when so many supporters looked to the prospect of a North Stand with wishful tears in their eyes. Imagine...a stand completely devoted to the most hardcore fans and supporters of the club. No scalpers. No Beckham fan boys showing up with Galaxy jerseys. Just row after row of jumping, singing TFC fans...

Yep, it's a real shame nobody at the club has any sort of imagination like that.

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 07:34 AM
At the price they're charging for North Stand tickets, who in their right mind would want to go there now?

The same people who were there last night...no one.

Oblio2
09-29-2010, 07:36 AM
On TV, it looked really bad....empty except for the corners and south end.

Nice going MLSE.

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Paul's excuse for the lowered attendence at the last game was that they didn't have enough time to promote it. Now that the attendence was less than half of the previous low what's his excuse? Don't blame the weather, we've seen much worse and still sold the place out. Time to look yourself in the mirror MLSE - you've pissed off the most loyal fans in the league, killed the atmosphere and that's driven away the people on your mythical waiting list.

I wonder if they'll throw in some TFC tickets if I buy Marlies season tickets next year?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/CretanBull/Goose-that-laid-2-960x1024.jpg

Menelaos
09-29-2010, 07:49 AM
I wonder if they'll throw in some TFC tickets if I buy Marlies season tickets next year?

HA HA!

Oldtimer
09-29-2010, 07:55 AM
I expected about 10,000 and that's what we got.

I expect much lower, maybe 3,000 for the final CCL match, given that it's meaningless.

People are giving up on this team.

Ticket prices are too high, the games aren't fun. The "value proposition" is way out of whack.

If TFC is mathematically eliminated, the stands will be pretty empty for the final home MLS match.

ML$E still has a chance to correct their mistake. They still can change season ticket prices.

Carts
09-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Paul's excuse for the lowered attendence at the last game was that they didn't have enough time to promote it. Now that the attendence was less than half of the previous low what's his excuse? Don't blame the weather, we've seen much worse and still sold the place out. Time to look yourself in the mirror MLSE - you've pissed off the most loyal fans in the league, killed the atmosphere and that's driven away the people on your mythical waiting list.

Cretan, I always agree with everything you say b/c you're always spot on. So take this as a little "devils advocate"...

- - - - -

"you've pissed off the most loyal fans in the league"

Have they...???

Or are they just a losing franchise that the glory hunters and wanna-be-seen people bailed on...???

Fact of the matter is "the most loyal SUPPORTERS" section was basically full (on TV it looked that way)...

The RPB South East Corner looked full...

The NEE section looked full...

The corner sections looked occupied...

The empty sections on the tube were 106-107-108-109 - aka the prawnies and expensive seats...

So, have MLSE driven the SUPPORTERS away...? No...

They have driven away the glory hunters and corporate crowd...

The day we know that MLSE has "driven away loyal supporters" is the day that its sunny, 75 degrees, and the middle of BMO is packed, and the south-end is empty...

Last night's attendance made the point that no matter how bad the team is, how much shit goes on, the supporters will still show up - and with that, MLSE knows they are 3-4 wins in a row away from the corps coming back and using their SSH's...

Last nights crowd might have sent exactly the wrong message that some people on here have wanted to get across...

They keep "pimping the atmosphere"... Well, last night, with 10,000 people there - the "atmosphere people" were still there - so if anyone occupied one of those empty seats, they still got what MLSE was pimping...

Carts...

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 08:03 AM
ML$E still has a chance to correct their mistake. They still can change season ticket prices.

That would be step 1 of many that it will take to not only correct their most recent error but to make up for years of gouging. Fire the person who dreamed up the ransom packs, fire the person who decided bring in - I can't even remember who - to satisfy the STH 'friendly' obligation and then brought in Real Madrid at an insane cos etc. Yes MLSE, each of those actions made you money but they also pissed people off and the chickens have come home to roost.

mastermixer
09-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Cretan, I always agree with everything you say b/c you're always spot on. So take this as a little "devils advocate"...

- - - - -

Have they...???

Or are they just a losing franchise that the glory hunters and wanna-be-seen people bailed on...???

Fact of the matter is "the most loyal SUPPORTERS" section was basically full (on TV it looked that way)...

The empty sections on the tube were 106-107-108-109 - aka the prawnies and expensive seats...

The day we know that MLSE has "driven away loyal supporters" is the day that its sunny, 75 degrees, and the middle of BMO is packed, and the south-end is empty...

Last night's attendance made the point that no matter how bad the team is, how much shit goes on, the supporters will still show up - and with that, MLSE knows they are 3-4 wins in a row away from the corps coming back and using their SSH's...

Last nights crowd might have sent exactly the wrong message that some people on here have wanted to get across...

They keep "pimping the atmosphere"... Well, last night, with 10,000 people there - the "atmosphere people" were still there - so if anyone occupied one of those empty seats, they still got what MLSE was pimping...

Carts...

Damnit! I know your right but I wish you were wrong. :facepalm:

Hooligan69
09-29-2010, 08:07 AM
How will MLSE explain a half-empty stadium for the MLS Cup on November 21?

H Bomb
09-29-2010, 08:11 AM
I dunno Carts. Lots of tourists in my part of the south end last night. Just sayin. And also they're driving away families, and little boys/girls turn into the supporters section as they grow older, so its bad long term too.

mastermixer
09-29-2010, 08:22 AM

I don't see many fairweather fans lining up to watch two American MLS teams at 8pm in late November. Although I bet they are hoping for a Red Bull vs Galaxy match, but I hope its not just to spite MLSE and their pockets.

scooterTFC
09-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Was the attendance Really 10k? They announced 21k on Saturday and it was clearly less (my guess would be 10-15% less... so more like 18-19k ). If 10k was the announced number last night that was probably also overstated by a similar amount.

My assumption is that they announce tickets sold and not actual attendance for game.

We had two tickets that we didn't use for the game. I'dsay we're pretty loyal supporters, we've probably missed 8 games in the club's history and always because of a conflict (vacations, weddings, my son's soccer games etc). Last night was the first game that we just skipped. Frankly we just didn't feel like it would be fun.

I know some hardcore supporter types are going to jump on me for saying that but its the truth.

ACSertL
09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
The announced attendance last night was 10,000 and change.

When I walked into the stadium there seemed to be present more vendors than spectators.

JonO
09-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Lower prices? That's crazy talk, Menelaos!

Isn't it? Who in their right mind would drop season ticket prices. Oh wait RSL did. They're dropping their supporter section tickets next year to $200 (from $250). Many of their other season teicket prices are moving lower too (although some are going up)

DangerRed
09-29-2010, 08:29 AM

- - - - -

Have they...???

Carts...

Sorry, but that's just preposterous.

If you were to add all the supporters in all the supporters' sections together, how many people do you think you'd get? 3,000? 4,000 tops? Let's be conservative and make it 5,000.

That's 15,000 other glory-hunter, tourist, whatever you want to call them fans who are being driven away. By that math, they matter about three times as much as the supporters.

To drive them away is horrible, horrible business. And that was the point being made by the original poster.

The guy I brought to the game last night is a bit of a tourist, but knows enough to say what's what. We looked around the stadium, noting its very obvious emptiness.

I pointed to the south stand and said to him, "they're killing those guys with money." Then, I pointed to the east and west and said "and those guys, they're killing with money and shitty soccer."

Like on cue, the NEE put up their $$$ signs. I could hear a single pair of hands clapping.

It was a sad moment.

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 08:31 AM
So take this as a little "devils advocate"...

My use of the word "fan" and not "supporter" was intentional. We are, for better for worse, always there. But the fans of TFC have proven themselves above and beyond most - probably all - other MLS fans. I don't think that they're glory-hunting because there's never been any glory to hunt in Toronto. The crowd at large fed off of the supporters section and create an atmosphere around the whole stadium. Sitting in 217 doesn't offer the same experience of standing in 112, but they feel the energy and there's an excitment in the air that's felt by all. This season that crowd has been shrinking - shockingly so last night.

I think that there's a lot of issues at play, but the general feeling of being fed up is high on the list. A good number of those fans are Leafs and Raptors fans as well and between the three teams hardly anyone can remember the last time anyone had anything to be excited about.

Last night should be seen as a lesson in price-point. The cheaper seats were basically fully, the more expensive seats were basically empty. MLS soccer in this city is worth about $20-$40 a game.

In terms of season tickets, my prediction for next season is that they'll do OK. They'll find enough desperate people to fill the seats left behind by the truly pissed off and on the surface things will seem normal. The question is this - will those people who have been hearing about the hype and excitment of a TFC game feel like they got their money's worth for $2000 reds next season? I'm going to guess no.

I realize that once is Mista gone the likelihood of TFC signing their first real DP (of the Henry, Beckham variety) is high and that will win back some fans, but to some extent the damage has been done.

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 08:33 AM
I don't see many fairweather fans lining up to watch two American MLS teams at 8pm in late November. Although I bet they are hoping for a Red Bull vs Galaxy match, but I hope its not just to spite MLSE and their pockets.

This is the MLS...given the circumstances, I'm willing to bet that they make it happen.

TFC Cityboy
09-29-2010, 08:34 AM

When I walked into the stadium there seemed to be present more vendors than spectators.

Actual attendance lloked more like 7,000. South holds around 3,500 and was perhaps 80% full, so call it 3,000 present. As for the other stands- I reckon 3-4k total.

So as Bobby Iaruscci called it on last week's Soccer Show -let's see how many of the 18,000 on the waiting list show up on Tuesday".

Erm- not many.

I dread to think hoe few will be there vs Arabe Unido or even Columbus....Columbus will think it's a home game apart from the colour of the empty seats.

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 08:34 AM

- - - - -

Have they...???

Carts...

I have to disagree here Carts. Everyone in the stadium (except for me the idiot) bought seats in the south end as opposed to getting seats where they normally sit. There was a crap load of people who bailed in the south end and people who normally sit in the more expensive seats got their chance to experience the south. I'm sure it's a bit of both. But I'm positive that alot of loyal south end supporters haven't been to any of the Concacaf games.

Limani_Ole
09-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Anyone see what the NEE banner said? They had the dollar sign banners right in the face of Tom Anselmi, Pettie and Tanenbaum who were sitting in the booth.. it was a class act..

Carts
09-29-2010, 08:38 AM
My use of the word "fan" and not "supporter" was intentional. We are, for better for worse, always there. But the fans of TFC have proven themselves above and beyond most - probably all - other MLS fans. I don't think that they're glory-hunting because there's never been any glory to hunt in Toronto. The crowd at large fed off of the supporters section and create an atmosphere around the whole stadium. Sitting in 217 doesn't offer the same experience of standing in 112, but they feel the energy and there's an excitment in the air that's felt by all. This season that crowd has been shrinking - shockingly so last night.

I think that there's a lot of issues at play, but the general feeling of being fed up is high on the list. A good number of those fans are Leafs and Raptors fans as well and between the three teams hardly anyone can remember the last time anyone had anything to be excited about.

Last night should be seen as a lesson in price-point. The cheaper seats were basically fully, the more expensive seats were basically empty. MLS soccer in this city is worth about $20-$40 a game.

In terms of season tickets, my prediction for next season is that they'll do OK. They'll find enough desperate people to fill the seats left behind by the truly pissed off and on the surface things will seem normal. The question is this - will those people who have been hearing about the hype and excitment of a TFC game feel like they got their money's worth for $2000 reds next season? I'm going to guess no.

I realize that once is Mista gone the likelihood of TFC signing their first real DP (of the Henry, Beckham variety) is high and that will win back some fans, but to some extent the damage has been done.

Agreed 100%...

Except for one thing... When I say "glory hunter" it was not to watch a winner, for years just having a ticket was something to brag about - anywhere in the stadium...

In year 1-2, I knew people who bought tix off craigslist etc, and bragged about it everyday leading up to the game - having the ticket and just going to the game was the glory hunting part - ya know not glory-hunting ManU style ;) (I joke before I get my head taken off)...

That's what I meant by that...

I wonder how many of the 107-108-109 were sold and just unused? Hopefully the empty seats were actually unsold seats...

As for price point - bang on again...

Its just like the Celtic/ManU match at the Rogers Centre. There is without a doubt 50,000 people in Toronto would watch those two teams play on a Friday night in the city. But at rediculous prices, 20,000 (if that) showed up...

Carts...

sidvan
09-29-2010, 08:41 AM
I believe announced attendance vs Arabe Unido will be the same as for RSL last night. Those that bought for last night pretty much all had to buy the Arabe game as well (MLSE tied those together) walk ups last night virtually non existent i would suspect.

Beach_Red
09-29-2010, 08:42 AM

The first point has a lot to do with the second point. You're right, the damage has been done so the big-name signing will only go so far.

it's really too bad because if MLSE had done a better job from the beginning and won (or really, just looked more competent) while it was still mostly a low-budget parity league they could have dug themselves much deeper into the sports psyche in the city.

What will likely happen now is that attendance at TFC games will continue to fall until they invite the Argos into the stadium. Then they'll be just like Montreal and sell out every game (what are the Als at now, over 100 straight sell-outs).

Paul B made his snarky Twitter remark, asking if the Argos got such support when they played in Mexico - well, you know what, the Argos got over 20,000 people out to see them play in Moncton.

Well done, MLSE, well done.

ACSertL
09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Actual attendance lloked more like 7,000. South holds around 3,500 and was perhaps 80% full, so call it 3,000 present. As for the other stands- I reckon 3-4k total.

So as Bobby Iaruscci called it on last week's Soccer Show -let's see how many of the 18,000 on the waiting list show up on Tuesday".

Erm- not many.

I dread to think hoe few will be there vs Arabe Unido or even Columbus....Columbus will think it's a home game apart from the colour of the empty seats.

:lol: my brother made a similar joke about RSL last night.

JonO
09-29-2010, 08:46 AM

Have they...???

You're making the assumption that all of the loyal supporters have seats in those sections. I know you don't ;)

Seriously though, the south end was at 75% capacity - max. Top it off with the fact that there were a lot of new faces (at least where I was in 112) and I'm sure a lot of people snuck in.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 08:47 AM
That's what Crew stadium looked like three years ago. It's better than that now.

Who among us ever thought that BMO would look like that for a meaningful game?

It does make me sad.

JonO
09-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I wonder how many of the 107-108-109 were sold and just unused? Hopefully the empty seats were actually unsold seats...

I bet you they were unsold. I have little doubt that is what prompted them to add as many games to the season's ticket package rather than make them optional...

TFC Tifoso
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Anyone see what the NEE banner said? They had the dollar sign banners right in the face of Tom Anselmi, Pettie and Tanenbaum who were sitting in the booth.. it was a class act..

ML$E: ONLY $EEING DOLLAR $IGN$

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Isn't it? Who in their right mind would drop season ticket prices. Oh wait RSL did. They're dropping their supporter section tickets next year to $200 (from $250). Many of their other season teicket prices are moving lower too (although some are going up)

and they're defending cup holders who are poised to make a run in the CCL.

our price hike is in the wake of all our successes....oh yeah, wait, none. if MLSE had RSL's triumphs to use as ammunition, look out! abortions for some, 800% hikes for all!

ACSertL
09-29-2010, 08:53 AM
I bet you they were unsold. I have little doubt that is what prompted them to add as many games to the season's ticket package rather than make them optional...

That is a very, very good point.

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 09:07 AM

Paul B admitted exactly that on the "It's Callled Football" interview that he did.

Darlofletch
09-29-2010, 09:12 AM

rsl? you mean current mls champions, playoffs and concacaf quarter final qualifiers and very good team who rarely ever loses at home.

and they're taking this momentum and combining iot with cheaper seats in an effort to grow their fanbase, rather than taking this momentum and using it as a reason to get more money from the existing fans?

madness! madness I say! madness!

reggie
09-29-2010, 09:29 AM
wow....another anti MLSE thread,this is getting boring,people they dont give a shit.

BS1327
09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
I just hope there's more people at the Crew game then there was traveling support at the season opener in Columbus...

Not too much to ask for, right??? :p

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-29-2010, 09:45 AM
wow....another anti MLSE thead,this is getting boring,people they dont give a shit.

as a lions fan i know how this all feels. tfc/mlse is doing the same to us - treating us like a battered str1pper girlfriend who takes a pummeling but keeps coming back asking for more.

ps. downtown bolton, lol. viva mainstreet and the black bull!

Stryker
09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Bet "the sky is falling" now eh Paul.
LOL!

Pigfynn
09-29-2010, 10:01 AM
wow....another anti MLSE thead,this is getting boring,people they dont give a shit.

About threads on this board? No they really don't.

I do take comfort in the fact that Anselmi sat up in that box last night and atleast part of him was thinking ":facepalm: FUCCCCCK"

Gazza
09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I sit in the "prawnie" section?? I'm going to have to ask my boss for a raise!

I brought a guy to the game who is considering buying season tickets based on the Kyle Peckerman song alone. We all had tears in our eyes. I will personally buy the guy who came up with that chant a prawn sandwich.

Parkdale
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
ps. downtown bolton, lol. viva mainstreet and the black bull!

I went there one time on a motorbike ride and had a delicious chicken curry pot pie.

I had to listen to some shady characters talking about horse races though.
I've decided that I could never trust a person involved in horse racing.

but the pie was delish!

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
I believe announced attendance vs Arabe Unido will be the same as for RSL last night. Those that bought for last night pretty much all had to buy the Arabe game as well (MLSE tied those together) walk ups last night virtually non existent i would suspect.

Nah, I can tell you there will atleast be two people who own tickets and aren't going to bother going to that game. Dealing with traffic into Toronto on a tuesday night, getting home at midnight, gotta get up for work...

All for a meaningless game? Nah...

Not happening, not for me anyways. I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

werewolf
09-29-2010, 10:27 AM

Other MLS FO's continuing to embarass TFC's.

Suds
09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
On the plus side there were no line-ups for beer, washrooms, food, or other concessions .... wait, is that an upside? :rolleyes:

Ben - D.O.W.
09-29-2010, 10:31 AM
On the plus side there were no line-ups for beer, washrooms, food, or other concessions .... wait, is that an upside? :rolleyes:

Not when you're skipping those niceties to afford next years tickets. Well not the washrooms part.

werewolf
09-29-2010, 10:35 AM

I dont remember the last time there was that little traffic leaving the stadium, it was wonderful. Now if we could just get rid of those stupid street-cars on King St. Maybe MLSE can take over the TTC for that section of the city and start charging $10/ride.

Wull
09-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Not when you're skipping those niceties to afford next years tickets. Well not the washrooms part.

Don't give them ideas about charging to use the washrooms!

Parkdale
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Maybe MLSE can take over the TTC for that section of the city and start charging $10/ride.

but you'd have to ride for 4 extra spots before you could get off.

trane
09-29-2010, 10:49 AM

At one point I considered myslef a supporter, I still support the idea of a " Toronto Football Team" I love this city, I love the game. BUT this organization gives you no other reason to support it other then the fact it is football in this city, it has given very little else to me. They do not play a game I like, for the most part they never did, they were uniforms which lets face it are based on a club that I have no affinity for, LFC, other "supporters" tell me how I should support, and for the most part deried the football tradition that I grew up in. SO yes while I still consider myself a supporter of FOOTBALL and of this City, supporting TFC after 4 seasons of the same shit. Shit that, me and many others called season two if not earlier, it is hard to support them. It is not about loyalty. Loyalty is a two way street. They have given me something that I like the Canadian Cup and the CL, I am among those that care about that more then I care about the MLS. But beyond that this club, has very little, other then georgraphy to offer. I will be for the final CL match, as I do want to support my city in a great competition, BUT I do not give too shits about Columbus nor the american league.

maninb
09-29-2010, 10:49 AM
There used to be plenty of DEDICATED supporters who used to sit in 108 around us...just as passionate as those in the South end...and now they ARE GONE just because of the price increases...people around here saying the supporters groups are far superior fans than those sitting elsewhere can piss off...

trane
09-29-2010, 10:51 AM
but you'd have to ride for 4 extra spots before you could get off.

You do not have to ride , you just have to pay.

JonO
09-29-2010, 10:51 AM
I dont remember the last time there was that little traffic leaving the stadium, it was wonderful. Now if we could just get rid of those stupid street-cars on King St. Maybe MLSE can take over the TTC for that section of the city and start charging $10/ride.
I have never got home from BMO so quickly... ever. I even managed to avoid the King St. street-cars :D

Parkdale
09-29-2010, 10:55 AM
You do not have to ride , you just have to pay.

I picture sideshow bob under a car, driving though a cactus patch.

trane
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
^Fuck I have not seen the Simpsons in a while, I should rent a movie. I would ask you were to find it, but that thread has not place here anymore.

Cowboy905
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
i had tickets to the southend but i sat in the north end the first half...great view. and then the 2nd half i sat in the 200 level right in the middle and those were beautiful seats too.

might as well take the $$$ seats if nobody is sitting there, just to experience them.

trane
09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
^ The prawnies in the 200's are great fucking seats. If I renew seasons, I may get some there.

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 11:13 AM
There used to be plenty of DEDICATED supporters who used to sit in 108 around us...just as passionate as those in the South end...and now they ARE GONE just because of the price increases...people around here saying the supporters groups are far superior fans than those sitting elsewhere can piss off...

That hasn't been said or even implied, so let's not go down that road ok?

BFin
09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
ML$E: ONLY $EEING DOLLAR $IGN$

That might be partly due to the fact that you're only using dollar signs, and not using the letter S.

Vancity RED
09-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I paid a visit to MLSE's website to look for the proverbial "contact us" link that every other organization has. Couldn't find anything but managed find the email address for the advertising guy (Anthony Attard - aattard@mapleleafsports.com) and sent him this:

Hi Anthony,

I paid a visit to MLSE's website seeking some "contact us" information. I didn't see anything obvious so I thought that clicking on "advertise with us" would provide me with the email address of someone at MLSE. Indeed it did.

This message is not for you, I am hoping you might be able to pass this along to Tom Anselmi.

Dear Tom,
You're killing Toronto FC. Murdering it. All of the support that TFC has accumulated since its inception is being wasted away by management and it is sad and horrible to watch. From aweful personnel decisions to insane ticketing policies, MLSE is in danger of turning something that was once so promising into a massive failure.

You know, I attended my first TFC game a few months before moving to Vancouver. I loved it. Had a great time. After that game I made a conscious decision to become a TFC supporter (not just a fan) despite my fear that MLSE would run the team into the ground much like it has managed to do with the Leafs and Raptors. I thought no, TFC will be different. This time they'll get it right. Sadly it seems as though my fears were well founded. And my worst fear - that Vancouver would enter MLS and show TFC how things are supposed to be done - looks to be a very real possibility.

I hope it's not too late. Please, for the love of all things good and beautiful, get the GM decision right and please rethink your ticketing policies. I want to cry when I turn on the TV to watch TFC and I see a stadium that is half empty. TFC and its supporters deserve better.

Thanks for listening,
Mike
-----------------------------------

It'll never go anywhere but it made me feel better.

Thrillos
09-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Watching MLSE gouge fans for the past 4 years is getting really close to that final hit to the nail of the coffin. I drive over 2 hours to get to the games, and I have only missed 7 games. I actually missed a very close friends wedding ceremony for one game (year 2, not sure I would have missed during year 3 and 100% sure I wouldn't have this year). I actually decided that last nights game wasn't worth the drive and was going to wait to see if the Unido game had meaning. Its safe to say I won't be making that drive.

First I wanna say that I don't blame the players whatsoever, I can blame them for certain games if they fuck up or whatever but in reality they were brought in for whatever price they got and go to "work." I can't blame Garcia for being here and sucking the big one for most of his games played, I can blame Mo for bringing him in and I can blame MLSE for giving Mo so much ability and power over the team.

I also think that Daso deserves a shot next season, for the situation he was given we are playing much better, we actually outplayed the top team in the league last night and deserved the win. Additionally those that say we need a complete re-haul again on the roster are oblivious to the reasons we have been an "expansion" team every year. We do need some changes, but we actually have a good team I think, we just had a shitty tactician for the majority of the season.

Back to the main point, I have actually been planning on moving to Toronto for the soul reason of being closer to my beloved TFC. That plan, needless to say has been put on hold. Anselmi's move to "save" season renewals worked for me I have to say. I will be renewing for one more year, if I don't see proper management come in, i'm out. Liverpool, is in taters, yet they still sell out Anfield because of 100 years of history and it being engrained into the lives of there fan's.

There was a time I thought TFC could have that, but needless to say, TFC hasn't been around long enough for that. And I strongly believe MLSE overestimated that. They are going to pay for it in the one place they actually feel it. On the books, they fucked up..... big time.

I forget what thread and who said it but one of the sections had seen I believe it was 73 or 74% hike in season ticket prices. That is absolutely disgusting and I find extremely egotistical of the peice of shit that thought fans would be ok with it.

TheRenter
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
So my buddy and I are leaving the game after the final whistle, and as we exit the steps and turn left to walk along the suite wall, Paul B exits, me and my buddy turn and say, "Nice work you fuckin jackass, why don't you go raise season ticket prices again" Followed by the chant of "BULL SHIT, BULL SHIT!"

God damn that felt good! Only regret is I wish we ripped him some more...pos.

Macksam
09-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Watching MLSE gouge fans for the past 4 years is getting really close to that final hit to the nail of the coffin. I drive over 2 hours to get to the games, and I have only missed 7 games. I actually missed a very close friends wedding ceremony for one game (year 2, not sure I would have missed during year 3 and 100% sure I wouldn't have this year). I actually decided that last nights game wasn't worth the drive and was going to wait to see if the Unido game had meaning. Its safe to say I won't be making that drive.

First I wanna say that I don't blame the players whatsoever, I can blame them for certain games if they fuck up or whatever but in reality they were brought in for whatever price they got and go to "work." I can't blame Garcia for being here and sucking the big one for most of his games played, I can blame Mo for bringing him in and I can blame MLSE for giving Mo so much ability and power over the team.

I also think that Daso deserves a shot next season, for the situation he was given we are playing much better, we actually outplayed the top team in the league last night and deserved the win. Additionally those that say we need a complete re-haul again on the roster are oblivious to the reasons we have been an "expansion" team every year. We do need some changes, but we actually have a good team I think, we just had a shitty tactician for the majority of the season.

Back to the main point, I have actually been planning on moving to Toronto for the soul reason of being closer to my beloved TFC. That plan, needless to say has been put on hold. Anselmi's move to "save" season renewals worked for me I have to say. I will be renewing for one more year, if I don't see proper management come in, i'm out. Liverpool, is in taters, yet they still sell out Anfield because of 100 years of history and it being engrained into the lives of there fan's.

There was a time I thought TFC could have that, but needless to say, TFC hasn't been around long enough for that. And I strongly believe MLSE overestimated that. They are going to pay for it in the one place they actually feel it. On the books, they fucked up..... big time.

I forget what thread and who said it but one of the sections had seen I believe it was 73 or 74% hike in season ticket prices. That is absolutely disgusting and I find extremely egotistical of the peice of shit that thought fans would be ok with it.
Which section was that?

Thrillos
09-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Not sure, I have tried finding the post but couldn't, I read alot of threads lol. The only thing that I remember was the % because I couldn't believe it. In all honesty no matter what section it is, its really sad

Stencils
09-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if instead of everyone paying to renew their season tickets, they gave that money to charities that the individual players on the team support.

I may actually do this.

:)

Davenport
09-29-2010, 12:01 PM
DeRo will start his own charity.

maninb
09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
DeRo will start his own charity.

LOL! Well said!!!

Thrillos
09-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I just listened to Anselmi's interview on the FAN and I gotta say I really loathe this guy now. "It's apples and oranges" was his response to the MUFC ticket prices and TFC ticket prices. It technically is right, he in reality things are more expensive in England, not cheaper so those prices are even more skewed, not in the way he wants us to think. Also, sure there stadium holds 3 times as much, but also they pay there players, of which they have alot more, the same amount in a week as we pay our players for a year. AND MLSE DOESN'T EVEN PAY MOST OF OUR SALARY THE LEAGUE DOES.

I think we need to get more drastic with our opinions on the prices. Not violent in away, but more along the lines of what MUFC fans did with the projector on the outer wall of old trafford. We should march like were going to a game down to MLSE headquarters.

Now that I would make the drive for!!!

Pookie
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Do any season ticket holders have the current 2011 prices?

I started a thread awhile back comparing our prices to those around the league. I'd be interested in getting the prices for new subscribers to compare with teams around the league.

SirBobSaget
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Theres ME!!! 1st row 132, all by myself because no one wants to take the free ticket and see the game with me.

Parkdale
09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Theres ME!!! 1st row 132, all by myself because no one wants to take the free ticket and see the game with me.

sorry dude, but John Stamos said I could sit in with his band and play some tunes. His offer was more interesting than yours.

ps. you have some funny videos

Whoop
09-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I had feeling this was the inevitability with MLSE running the franchise.

Initially you had a hope that this, this would be different.

But in the end, it's going down the same MLSE path as with their other franchises.

Then Torontonians wonder why citizens of Toronto support other teams other than the Leafs and the Raptors and ultimately, one day, TFC.

Like I said a few days ago, MLSE should stick to building condos.

DangerRed
09-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Not sure, I have tried finding the post but couldn't, I read alot of threads lol. The only thing that I remember was the % because I couldn't believe it. In all honesty no matter what section it is, its really sad

Supporter-section tickets in the south stand have increased about 77% since 2007.

You can find a broader article here:
http://yorkies1812.blogspot.com/2010/09/after-90-tfc-draws-in-champions-league.html

And here:
http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/cash-grab/

kodiakTFC
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Tom Anselmi and Paul Beirne just got a lesson in supply and demand.

I can't wait to see the numbers for the Arabe Unido game. 5,000 is a possibility.

So it'll look like a FC Dallas game?

billyfly
09-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I had feeling this was the inevitability with MLSE running the franchise.

Initially you had a hope that this, this would be different.

But in the end, it's going down the same MLSE path as with their other franchises.

Then Torontonians wonder why citizens of Toronto support other teams other than the Leafs and the Raptors and ultimately, one day, TFC.

Like I said a few days ago, MLSE should stick to building condos.

I know this is directed at me...LOL..

F.U. VIC..:scarf:

Huyton
09-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm on the waiting list.

I'd love seasons tickets in the south stand.

After seeing this, how many scalpers are going to renew their seasons tickets when they're only going to get face value for them at best?

And then those who really want them can get them.

After the game last night, I asked my seatmate if he still wanted seasons tickets next year.

"Oh yes", was his reply. "I haven't waited for four years to give up now".

Me too.

"...through all of the highs and lows..."

Parkdale
09-29-2010, 01:21 PM
"...through all of the highs and lows..."

what highs?

;)

I know that a lot of people are considering this Year 5 reboot as the last kick at the can. Some major hurdles have been overcome (field turf and MoJo being the main two) - so if they can't get it right now, then maybe it's just a sign that it will never be right.

billyfly
09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
The only HIGH was June 18 2009

Wull
09-29-2010, 01:26 PM
The only HIGH was June 18 2009

Motagua home and away, Cruz Azul at home (even getting a point away)

Menelaos
09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
" through all the highs and lows" does not apply here. This is not our team having a losing streak, nor having a winning streak.

We don't support ML$E, we support the Toronto FC team and they are not the morons doing this to the team.

billyfly
09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
^Nah, rainy night in Montreal wins in my beer filled eyes.

Dbl_D
09-29-2010, 01:30 PM

I wondered what I was going to do with my MLS Cup tickets ... now I know... protest... none will sit in my 4

TOBOR !
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM
i had tickets to the southend but i sat in the north end the first half...great view. and then the 2nd half i sat in the 200 level right in the middle and those were beautiful seats too.

might as well take the $$$ seats if nobody is sitting there, just to experience them.

Dude - I was in 127 for the first half (don't get me started) and we moved to those chairs they have tipped up against the railing over on the West Side just north of the halfway line. It was ace. I'd do that again in a heartbeat - as long as I didn't have to pay, like.

trane
09-29-2010, 01:37 PM
what highs?

;)

I know that a lot of people are considering this Year 5 reboot as the last kick at the can. Some major hurdles have been overcome (field turf and MoJo being the main two) - so if they can't get it right now, then maybe it's just a sign that it will never be right.

You are spot on, I am not sure I can get over buying tickets to watch two MLS teams that are not TFC, but I am waiting for the announcment of who they hire. If they hire, what in my view is more of the same, I am will not renew 100%, but if they hire a realy football man. Then it could be different. But they better do something soon.

TOBOR !
09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
I wondered what I was going to do with my MLS Cup tickets ... now I know... protest... none will sit in my 4

that's usin' yer noodle !

Mango Kid
09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't it be great if MLSE gets all its season tickets sold and NONE show up for MLS Cup? Now that kind of embarrassment would be awesome to watch.

Menelaos
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Wouldn't it be great if MLSE gets all its season tickets sold and NONE show up for MLS Cup? Now that kind of embarrassment would be awesome to watch.

I agree, but it will never happen. The mentality of "I paid for it so I am going" is next to impossible to eliminate.

Plus, not everyone who goes to the game goes for the right reason, some are there to be seen at the MLS Cup. Bet you a whole bunch of them have never even been to BMO before that game.

mastermixer
09-29-2010, 02:03 PM

Yup... the vendors in the stands seemed bored out of their minds last night. I actually think if I begged enough I could have got a free beer out of them to lighten their load lol.

Suds
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree, but it will never happen. The mentality of "I paid for it so I am going" is next to impossible to eliminate.

Plus, not everyone who goes to the game goes for the right reason, some are there to be seen at the MLS Cup. Bet you a whole bunch of them have never even been to BMO before that game.

This is where MLSE is usually smart. I will bet that MLSE will announce some sort of hand-out to the first x thousand people through the gates to try and get people to the MLS Cup. You'd be amazed at how many people will show up for a free t-shirt or other crappy shiny bobble.

There will be some added incentive. I'm sure MLSE and the MLS brass are worried that thousands of seats will be empty on their big night.

menefreghista
09-29-2010, 02:10 PM
You'd be amazed at how many people will show up for a free t-shirt or other crappy shiny bobble.

Dichio bobblehead day.

That will ensure a sell out.

Red Rat
09-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey MLS
MLSE promised sun on Nov 21, you will get snow suckersss!

Parkdale
09-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Dichio bobblehead day.

they'd only hand them out AFTER the game.

ensco
09-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Imagine if this happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVzGJ_2Tu5s

pekduck
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Imagine if this happens
yVzGJ_2Tu5s

fixed

and

4 pm November 19, 2008

otnVQ0baGKQ

deltox
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM
well im gonna sell all my MLS cup tickets to CREW fans....

so if you are in upper 110 and your going to the game......... youve been warned

Pyeddo
09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
^^^ (the snowstorm) Only in my dreams would that happen to screw MLSE... but then again, it would also hand them a convenient excuse!

Red Rat
09-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Imagine if this happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVzGJ_2Tu5s

I will get a chicken do some weird voodoo shit for lots of snow on that day, every TFC supporter should do the same.

rr

deltox
09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
or i might sell 1 ticket to CREW fan..and the other to the other team fan

gtaguy
09-29-2010, 02:59 PM
so i read through the Seasons seats Renewal notice and i found this beauty

"The 2011 Season will be the start of a new era for TFC. Football coaches and players come and go, but fans are forever. Together with you, we have not only created authentic football culture in Toronto, but we're building a tradition. We appreciate and are inspired by your support for this club, and want you to be a part of our 2011 Season."

REALLY

flatpicker
09-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Dichio bobblehead day.

I'd show up for that! :D

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/dichio-bobble.gif

jloome
09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
From a column I wrote in March:
"It's just pathetic, like watching a reality show about a badly run boy's camp, complete with grade-c intrigue and an overwhelming sense of diminished expectations.

Astounding.

Anselmi, for the love of all that's good and decent in football, save us from this wreck by firing Mo Johnston. He's had every shot. He's blown every shot."

I've yet to meet a corporate executive yet who actually managed to keep up with the wisdom of crowds. It's one thing to ignore the fan base when they're clamouring about a player, but by the time I wrote that, Mo was already loathed by every Toronto fan from here to Hong Kong.

These people are too stupid. How do you blow this kind of fanbase, this kind of support? By ignoring common sense in deference to the path of least resistance, which is the typical corporate route to advancement, even as it produces nothing.

It never occurs to the likes of MLSE that they succeed in spite of themselves due to their sheer capital investment. It never occurs to them that they're literally pissing away wealth by reacting with such glacial pace to obvious problems.

Stunning. Go have another three cocktail lunch, Tom. Go fucking flush something else that's important to people down the toilet.

Red Rat
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I'd show up for that! :D

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/dichio-bobble.gif

you have been dying to get your hands in one for a long time.

rr

DaBandit
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
You are spot on, I am not sure I can get over buying tickets to watch two MLS teams that are not TFC, but I am waiting for the announcment of who they hire. If they hire, what in my view is more of the same, I am will not renew 100%, but if they hire a realy football man. Then it could be different. But they better do something soon.

I can't see them announcing anything in regards to a hiring prior to the Oct 16th deadline day for renewals.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 03:22 PM
"It's just pathetic, like watching a reality show about a badly run boy's camp, complete with grade-c intrigue and an overwhelming sense of diminished expectations.

Astounding.

Anselmi, for the love of all that's good and decent in football, save us from this wreck by firing Mo Johnston. He's had every shot. He's blown every shot."

I've yet to meet a corporate executive yet who actually managed to keep up with the wisdom of crowds. It's one thing to ignore the fan base when they're clamouring about a player, but by the time I wrote that, Mo was already loathed by every Toronto fan from here to Hong Kong.

These people are too stupid. How do you blow this kind of fanbase, this kind of support? By ignoring common sense in deference to the path of least resistance, which is the typical corporate route to advancement, even as it produces nothing.

It never occurs to the likes of MLSE that they succeed in spite of themselves due to their sheer capital investment. It never occurs to them that they're literally pissing away wealth by reacting with such glacial pace to obvious problems.

Stunning. Go have another three cocktail lunch, Tom. Go fucking flush something else that's important to people down the toilet.

I remember that column.

It should be daily reading for MLSE brass. They should be pounded over the head with it on a daily basis.

menefreghista
09-29-2010, 03:28 PM

Sometimes I'm amazed how the average fan can see moves that are needed to be made way before these morons. They may have their degrees and high paying jobs but they just prove that sometimes its who you know and who you blow that gets you as far as they did in life.

Two points that immediately come to mind are keeping Mo Johnston this long and the season ticket debacle for this renewal period. How do people so 'smart' fuck things up this badly?

wzhxvy
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Sometimes I'm amazed how the average fan can see moves that are needed to be made way before these morons. They may have their degrees and high paying jobs but they just prove that sometimes its who you know and who you blow that gets you as far as they did in life.

Two points that immediately come to mind are keeping Mo Johnston this long and the season ticket debacle for this renewal period. How do people so 'smart' fuck things up this badly?

I wouldnt give them too much credit. TFC is probably a $40M per year business. I would say that there are 1000 fans (5% of the 20,000 people that are in BMO on a regular game day) that know more than those geniuses about running a business of that complexity and of that size. They just happen to have public jobs...thats all.

ensco
09-29-2010, 03:41 PM

You know the answer, you've written about it yourself. Anselmi foolishly gave Mo an extension last year, so he had to wait to fire him.

Nothing else mattered, just run of the mill corporate survival stuff at play here.

Pookie
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM

Astounding.

If the culture at MLSE is to look at short term trading profit then you can see why they are reluctant to react. Even more, it will highlight why they can't seem to project into the future.

For them, over the short term, tickets are sold. Noticeable warning signs such as the declining resale market and fewer people actually at the games can be dismissed as related to "G20, traffic or recent team performance" but at the end of the day, the metric of profit still looks fine on a game by game basis.

I'd wager they were a little concerned over the unsold CCL tickets but even then, their profit would be up year over year because they never had those games last year. Even 10,000 people is 10,000 more than they had the year before. Net gain.

When they are asked by the Board for a summary, this is what they will show. If they are bonused based on profit (or some metric related to revenue) everyone is smiling right now.

I don't think that they see the warning signs and really don't believe that they think renewals will be an issue.

Remember that their experience in other sports has taught them that the same target market is willing to pay a Personal Seat License just for the right to have season tickets. While we aren't there (yet) with TFC, I think they believe there is value that people are afraid to let go of.

If a person lets go, they go back in line. They lose their regular seat. Nothing in their experience has told them that people are willing to do it.

MLSE has always been short term focused and I believe they literally can't see the warning signs.

Beach_Red
09-29-2010, 03:51 PM
You know the answer, you've written about it yourself. Anselmi foolishly gave Mo an extension last year, so he had to wait to fire him.

Nothing else mattered, just run of the mill corporate survival stuff at play here.

The really amazing thing is how he got away with the hiring in the first place. How many other employees do you think they hired with so little experience?

mastermixer
09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
so i read through the Seasons seats Renewal notice and i found this beauty

"The 2011 Season will be the start of a new era for TFC. Football coaches and players come and go, but fans are forever. Together with you, we have not only created authentic football culture in Toronto, but we're building a tradition. We appreciate and are inspired by your support for this club, and want you to be a part of our 2011 Season."

REALLY

Wow. If Anselmi and the rest of his goons thought they had a lot of pressure to win this year, I can't imagine what it's going to be like next year.
I guarantee fans will boo if we lose our home opener. It's going to be vicious!

volunteer
09-29-2010, 03:56 PM
The really amazing thing is how he got away with the hiring in the first place. How many other employees do you think they hired with so little experience?

yeah, but Mo was Scottish, and has a cool accent

DaBandit
09-29-2010, 03:57 PM
If the culture at MLSE is to look at short term trading profit then you can see why they are reluctant to react. Even more, it will highlight why they can't seem to project into the future.

For them, over the short term, tickets are sold. Noticeable warning signs such as the declining resale market and fewer people actually at the games can be dismissed as related to "G20, traffic or recent team performance" but at the end of the day, the metric of profit still looks fine on a game by game basis.

I'd wager they were a little concerned over the unsold CCL tickets but even then, their profit would be up year over year because they never had those games last year. Even 10,000 people is 10,000 more than they had the year before. Net gain.

When they are asked by the Board for a summary, this is what they will show. If they are bonused based on profit (or some metric related to revenue) everyone is smiling right now.

I don't think that they see the warning signs and really don't believe that they think renewals will be an issue.

Remember that their experience in other sports has taught them that the same target market is willing to pay a Personal Seat License just for the right to have season tickets. While we aren't there (yet) with TFC, I think they believe there is value that people are afraid to let go of.

If a person lets go, they go back in line. They lose their regular seat. Nothing in their experience has told them that people are willing to do it.

MLSE has always been short term focused and I believe they literally can't see the warning signs.

Great post!! They remedied that concern real quick by making sure STH didnt have the option of passing on these games next year.

GBV
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
my guess is there were about 6,500 bodies there last night.
teams, cops, beer openers included.
lots of empties in the supporters sections too.

flatpicker
09-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow. If Anselmi and the rest of his goons thought they had a lot of pressure to win this year, I can't imagine what it's going to be like next year.
I guarantee fans will boo if we lose our home opener. It's going to be vicious!

And this is why I will renew my tickets.
The club is walking a very fine line right now.
Fan love is at an all time low, and attendance is suffering.
MLSE must recognize the need for urgency in correcting the situation.
Another consecutive year of unhappy customers just might signal the demise of TFC.
My hope is that MLSE will pull out all the stops for 2011.
If I'm wrong, then I guess I better start deciding who my favourite Premier League team is so at least I have someone to cheer for when I watch footie.

Menelaos
09-29-2010, 04:04 PM
So that those who were not there understand...I was able to walk out at half, walk right up to the beer tent, get 2 beers and be back at my seat in less than 5 minutes.

AL-MO
09-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I heard King Dave gave Peddie, Anselmi and Tenebaum and good blast as they were leaving last night!

:lol:

GBV
09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
So that those who were not there understand...I was able to walk out at half, walk right up to the beer tent, get 2 beers and be back at my seat in less than 5 minutes.

I'm happy to say I was there and stuck to my plan of not spending a single penny in the place last night. For the first time ever. It felt good. It'll happen again. Lots.

Assuming I return, that is . . .

Wull
09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
my guess is there were about 6,500 bodies there last night.
teams, cops, beer openers included.
lots of empties in the supporters sections too.

God bless you boys and girls! :drinking:

TFC Cityboy
09-29-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm happy to say I was there and stuck to my plan of not spending a single penny in the place last night. For the first time ever. It felt good. It'll happen again. Lots.

Assuming I return, that is . . .
managed that for the last 2 games, will for at least the rest of the season.

Kooper
09-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I know it is a small part but why not build a "criticism" section in the MLSE Wikipedia entry. Many entries have critiscism sections to discuss documented issues people, companies and organizations ahve with the topic of the entry. I do not know enough about Wikipedia to add a new section but I would be happy to add to it and edit. If we are going to do this we should use sources, it should be factual and follow the proper format. We can't just have a paragraph of "TOM ASELMI IS A DOUCHBAG!!!"

Thrillos
09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Just throwing this out there, I remember a time when alot of people were talking of trying to get a group together for buying the team. I thought the idea was brilliant, although at an inopportune time as everything was great on the books for MLSE. I think now is beginning to be the best time. People are right that the "prawn" seats are slowly emptying while the supporter sections are staying full. So lets remember that right now we are the balance sheet for MLSE.

Think of it this way, if all of the supporter section STH didn't renew, took that cash and dropped it in the bank, anyone have an idea on what that collective number would look like.

LFC just set up a deal with a bank where there supporters can deposit money to save for shares for an eventual takeover bid by the fans.

Just throwing out there, see what you guys think....

jloome
09-29-2010, 06:47 PM

It was an astonishingly vapid move for a new organization. One that's been around for awhile, I could see it.

Ensco, as for the extension....still axed him in the end, so there was still a buyout, so in the end they could've easily done it then and perhaps saved us another season of woe.

jloome
09-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Just throwing this out there, I remember a time when alot of people were talking of trying to get a group together for buying the team. I thought the idea was brilliant, although at an inopportune time as everything was great on the books for MLSE. I think now is beginning to be the best time. People are right that the "prawn" seats are slowly emptying while the supporter sections are staying full. So lets remember that right now we are the balance sheet for MLSE.

Think of it this way, if all of the supporter section STH didn't renew, took that cash and dropped it in the bank, anyone have an idea on what that collective number would look like.

LFC just set up a deal with a bank where there supporters can deposit money to save for shares for an eventual takeover bid by the fans.

Just throwing out there, see what you guys think....

A leveraged buyout wouldn't work. For one, MLSE clubs don't carry debt, because it's a single entity. For another, the value of the club has gone up about 10-fold since they bought it, so the buyout would be prohibitively expensive without an angel suitor....at which point it ceases to be a fan buyout.

The best we could hope is that someone at MLSE thinks this slide is a permanent return to the Lynx days, and they sell it to a partnership that takes the same kind of approach as the Seattle owners.

Red Rat
09-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Losers hire losers!
hear that Anselmi!!

Thrillos
So we need a rich guy...... here's to hoping one of us invents the greatest thing since sliced bread and becomes filthy rich!!

denime
They sold 16000 tickets so if only 5000 showed up,MLSE still have $$$ from 16K and that's what counts for them anyway.

Red Rat
09-29-2010, 06:58 PM
So we need a rich guy...... here's to hoping one of us invents the greatest thing since sliced bread and becomes filthy rich!!

I could start printing my own money and pay in cash for the team.

rr

Thrillos
09-29-2010, 07:03 PM
They sold 16000 tickets so if only 5000 showed up,MLSE still have $$$ from 16K and that's what counts for them anyway.

Ur right, but what i'm saying is, what if everyone stops renewing...... how much is the team worth then :D

Hooligan69
09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
I could start printing my own money and pay in cash for the team.

rr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/tigerdriver91/monopoly_20money.jpg

billyfly
09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
managed that for the last 2 games, will for at least the rest of the season.

I did the same thing. No beer. The one I had in my hand was bought for me and I didn't ask for it.

gbherron
09-29-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm not a tfc fan, but I'm not going to troll...

If I were you guys, I'd translate the discontent you have here on the forums and take it out on the pitch. Your CCL is done, you're pretty much out of the mls race, and no one wants to see real salt lake play new york red bull in MLS Cup at your place. If you want to say "fuck you" to MLSE, make a two-stick that says "fuck you." Who is going to stop you? The pathetic stewards in their cute yellow jackets? If you want to have a pyro show to say "lower ticket prices," have a pyro show. AS long as you prostest as a unit, they can't do anything. The minute they decide to ban all of RPB or NEE, they lose an eighth of their revenue. This is about money, and doing anything to actually punish you is just shooting themselves in the foot. You guys have four game left, and I really hope you can get your shit together and show a middle finger to ML$E.

gbh

GBV
09-29-2010, 07:57 PM

Not sure I'd go that far.
They make a mint on the $10 beers ... and when people see empty stadiums on TV, it sure won't do much to inspire them to want to buy a ticket down the road.

Pyeddo
09-29-2010, 08:10 PM

This is your man.... Alex Shnaider

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shnaider

He has shown interest in both the Leafs and TFC in the past and no doubt would be a great person to own this club. Also, he would be a single figure that we could direct our concerns (if any when he owned the club) to, and not a shadowy boardroom of unaccountable individuals with motives that do not include producing winning clubs.

Thrillos
09-29-2010, 08:38 PM

He has shown interest in both the Leafs and TFC in the past and no doubt would be a great person to own this club. Also, he would be a single figure that we could direct our concerns (if any when he owned the club) to, and not a shadowy boardroom of unaccountable individuals with motives that do not include producing winning clubs.

Holy shit, great find, he owns maccabi, they are in champions league right now (although they beat my beloved Olympiacos to get the group stage) and that is really good for them.

We need to find a way to get a hold of this guy to buy TFC. He wanted to buy the whole MLSE from the looks of wiki, but fuck the leafs and raps.

Macksam
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM

It would be ideal if someone like him stepped up. Also, I take it he doesn't like basketball? Either that, or I'm guessing he knows all too well that the Raps have problems that are beyond MLSE's control.

CretanBull
09-29-2010, 08:59 PM
^If he owns the Maccabi soccer team he probably also owns the Maccabi basketball team (just guessing!).

TFCtoMUFC
09-29-2010, 09:34 PM
^If he owns the Maccabi soccer team he probably also owns the Maccabi basketball team (just guessing!).

Just like MLSE, Maccabi Tel Aviv Sports is one entity. I somewhat follow the IPL (have family living in Israel) and it wouldn't be bad if he owned the team.

TFC_Central
09-29-2010, 10:00 PM
At one point I considered myslef a supporter, I still support the idea of a " Toronto Football Team" I love this city, I love the game. BUT this organization gives you no other reason to support it other then the fact it is football in this city, it has given very little else to me. They do not play a game I like, for the most part they never did, they were uniforms which lets face it are based on a club that I have no affinity for, LFC, other "supporters" tell me how I should support, and for the most part deried the football tradition that I grew up in. SO yes while I still consider myself a supporter of FOOTBALL and of this City, supporting TFC after 4 seasons of the same shit. Shit that, me and many others called season two if not earlier, it is hard to support them. It is not about loyalty. Loyalty is a two way street. They have given me something that I like the Canadian Cup and the CL, I am among those that care about that more then I care about the MLS. But beyond that this club, has very little, other then georgraphy to offer. I will be for the final CL match, as I do want to support my city in a great competition, BUT I do not give too shits about Columbus nor the american league.

We need our own league, not some ethnic league CSL. We need teams in the neighborhoods of Toronto, like st.clair , greek town, eg west, scarbs, YnE .... china town ...... the list goes on. Tdot needs a solid league with 2 big teams say 15k stadiums (st clair & greek town) and others at like 8k. THATS how footy would thrive in this city.

king dave
09-29-2010, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the info P.
I have started the wheels a turnin'.
Best news all week.
This guy can save us.
KD.

king dave
09-29-2010, 10:11 PM
We need our own league, not some ethnic league CSL. We need teams in the neighborhoods of Toronto, like st.clair , greek town, eg west, scarbs, YnE .... china town ...... the list goes on. Tdot needs a solid league with 2 big teams say 15k stadiums (st clair & greek town) and others at like 8k. THATS how footy would thrive in this city.
I agree with you. But the logistics of pulling that off in a city that is about to cut to the bone?
We have enough pitches throughout the city, we have enough support for local/regional soccer (CSL).
But this city is about to cutback so large it will be unbelievable this time next year if Ford gets in.
But we all agree the MLSE is the badguy here, yes?
KD.

RealG-TFC
09-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Does Frank Stronach still own a part of Rapid Wien?

Red Rat
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm not a tfc fan, but I'm not going to troll...

If I were you guys, I'd translate the discontent you have here on the forums and take it out on the pitch. Your CCL is done, you're pretty much out of the mls race, and no one wants to see real salt lake play new york red bull in MLS Cup at your place. If you want to say "fuck you" to MLSE, make a two-stick that says "fuck you." Who is going to stop you? The pathetic stewards in their cute yellow jackets? If you want to have a pyro show to say "lower ticket prices," have a pyro show. AS long as you prostest as a unit, they can't do anything. The minute they decide to ban all of RPB or NEE, they lose an eighth of their revenue. This is about money, and doing anything to actually punish you is just shooting themselves in the foot. You guys have four game left, and I really hope you can get your shit together and show a middle finger to ML$E.

gbh

let's not get tow far ahead, if I had to do something will be to bring the house down and let them have it.
Nov 21 st will be the date that they will remember.

rr

__wowza
09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/merchandise-offer-tonight
when the hell did this happen? i didn't hear/see anything about it!

__wowza
09-29-2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/training-troubles
oh, also apparently they didn't train for yesterdays game. great.

BakaGaijin
09-29-2010, 11:16 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/merchandise-offer-tonight
when the hell did this happen? i didn't hear/see anything about it!

.....or wait another couple of months and buy this shit at National Sports for at least 60% off.

My personal opinion is that these fuckers don't need any more of my money.

Fuck ML$E.

Beach_Red
09-29-2010, 11:21 PM
It was an astonishingly vapid move for a new organization. One that's been around for awhile, I could see it.

Ensco, as for the extension....still axed him in the end, so there was still a buyout, so in the end they could've easily done it then and perhaps saved us another season of woe.

It's likely the initial deal was more with the agency - they got Mo, Jimmy B (Carl Robinson?) and filled out quite a bit of the roster (then Carver) - kind of one stop shopping, the way a movie deal is packaged by agents.

So now they've replaced one guy, but do the problems go deeper? It'll be interesting to see who reps the next GM...

Menelaos
09-30-2010, 07:30 AM

Wouldn't that be nice!

Pyeddo
09-30-2010, 08:17 AM
I just think its somewhat re-assuring to know that there ARE people out there with the cash and interest to actually change things in the Toronto sports scene.

I'm as apathetic as anyone, but I hold hope. The first step is to get in contact with one of Alex's reps. The current president of this club & NEE would be the best people to present "our" case. Create a business plan... maybe he WOULD want our input? Who knows... options are limitless at this point (as most pipe dreams are lol).

The second step is showing the OTPP that they've made their best returns and the time to sell at a profit is now.

By the way, I know how insane this whole idea is.... but its always nice to have hope.

flatpicker
09-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Stop getting my hopes up guys!

MKR
09-30-2010, 08:37 AM
hold on. some of you are suggesting specific new owners for the team?
where did this come from?

why would MLSE even want to sell TFC?

Wull
09-30-2010, 08:42 AM
It's likely the initial deal was more with the agency - they got Mo, Jimmy B (Carl Robinson?) and filled out quite a bit of the roster (then Carver) - kind of one stop shopping, the way a movie deal is packaged by agents.

So now they've replaced one guy, but do the problems go deeper? It'll be interesting to see who reps the next GM...

Robbo isn't part of First Wave, it's part of the reason he was punted

Pyeddo
09-30-2010, 08:44 AM
hold on. some of you are suggesting specific new owners for the team?
where did this come from?

why would MLSE even want to sell TFC?

Because the way things are going, owning the team is going to be more of a headache then taking a profit and moving on. And in the end, the owners of MLSE want a profit first and foremost.

TFC supporters are not the same as Leaf supporters. We won't sit quietly with our hands in our laps until the scoreboard says "make some noooiiiiisseeee".

If anyone wants to discuss this possibility more, I have some ideas I would happily contribute into the fold.

mastermixer
09-30-2010, 08:51 AM
let's not get tow far ahead, if I had to do something will be to bring the house down and let them have it.
Nov 21 st will be the date that they will remember.

rr

I think the supporters groups should start from now to create a buzz about threatening to tarnish MLSE's precious little showcase event in November. Make these guys sweat a little.
The good thing is that the game will have nothing to do with TFC and our players, so supporters can focus on making sure the suits know how we feel about them.

Blizzard
09-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Robbo isn't part of First Wave, it's part of the reason he was punted

Don't be ridiculous. How many First Wave players are on the team now? A total of five meaning over 20 are not! Conway, White, Hardin, Sanyang and Barrett!

Parkdale
09-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Don't be ridiculous. How many First Wave players are on the team now? A total of five meaning over 20 are not! Conway, White, Hardin, Sanyang and Barrett!

don't let logic get in the way of a heated argument ;)

Wull
09-30-2010, 09:08 AM
There's no heated argument, I'm just going by what Carl inferred to me in a conversation about it on twitter (Christ, I can't believe I just typed that!!)

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 09:13 AM

No, we weren't talking about now, we were talking about how the expansion franchise was put together and why MLSE made such poor hiring decisions in the beginning. And why they lived with them so long. And not just players, but management.

Of course, TFC was (is) pretty small compared to the other two teams they run, so it's possible they simply didn't care - but to hand it over to just one guy with pretty much no experience seems a bit much, even for MLSE. All I realy want to know is, who really made the decisions when the team was starting, decisions that set the tone for the whole mess we have? And does that person still have influence?

Because like people have been saying, a season ticket is an investment in next year and right now they're asking people to invest in a team that's being run by.... no one?

Parkdale
09-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I was just talking about the connection to First Wave.

agreed that it seems like this team is a rudderless ship, with a rocky lee shoal and gale force winds. And we've been told the lifeboats aren't working.

Menelaos
09-30-2010, 09:26 AM
agreed that it seems like this team is a rudderless ship, with a rocky lee shoal and gale force winds. And we've been told the lifeboats aren't working.

:facepalm:

So true...

Pyeddo
09-30-2010, 10:04 AM

Cmon Parkdale... MLSE says the water is fine if not just a tad "brisk"... jump right in!!!

Kevvv
09-30-2010, 10:13 AM

More like, we've been heading towards an iceburg, and the skipper who pointed us in that directions has been jettisoned. We haven't changed course yet, but they want us to sign up now for the next cruise.

trane
09-30-2010, 10:21 AM

I agree with this. There is already 3 solid teams, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton is up an coming. This city could support two teams. Canada can and shuold have its own league.

trane
09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
More like, we've been heading towards an iceburg, and the skipper who pointed us in that directions has been jettisoned. We haven't changed course yet, but they want us to sign up now for the next cruise.

THAT IS MY BIGGEST issue, I do not want to renew untill I know who is going to take over. I do not want to renew and find out that Parkdale has taken over managment of the club. [just an example]

trane
09-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I agree with you. But the logistics of pulling that off in a city that is about to cut to the bone?
We have enough pitches throughout the city, we have enough support for local/regional soccer (CSL).
But this city is about to cutback so large it will be unbelievable this time next year if Ford gets in.
But we all agree the MLSE is the badguy here, yes?
KD.

YES.

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree with this. There is already 3 solid teams, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton is up an coming. This city could support two teams. Canada can and shuold have its own league.

Yes, it should. Soccer could be a major sport in Canada - it could be as big as hockey. And Canadians will follow their teams internationally.

But it really doesn't look like soccer is going to be that big in the US. They aren't very interested in international play and there are too many sports already.

It would be a shame for Canadian soccer to rely on the US for success.

Menelaos
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Yes, it should. Soccer could be a major sport in Canada - it could be as big as hockey. And Canadians will follow their teams internationally.

But it really doesn't look like soccer is going to be that big in the US. They aren't very interested in international play and there are too many sports already.

It would be a shame for Canadian soccer to rely on the US for success.

Sorry to say, but I think this is not just a possibility...but its the reality.
We may not want to admit it, but there is nothing (perhaps the exception being hockey) that we don't rely on their success to translate to ours.

A Canadian league would simply not work...not because of support, but because which players would want to come here when they can play elsewhere and be 1) paid more and 2) have a higher profile

Pookie
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Big shots don't like to be embarrassed. Don't discount the awkwardness in that Executive Box as they host the MLS Brass in the showcase game.

Don't forget too that this is a differently run beast. MLS is still a single entity proposition and empty seats... paid for or not.. in Toronto.. the supposed blueprint for how to launch an expansion team... would be concerning to Garber and co.

ManUtd4ever
09-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Big shots don't like to be embarrassed. Don't discount the awkwardness in that Executive Box as they host the MLS Brass in the showcase game.

Don't forget too that this is a differently run beast. MLS is still a single entity proposition and empty seats... paid for or not.. in Toronto.. the supposed blueprint for how to launch an expansion team... would be concerning to Garber and co.

It's a safe assumption that Garber and Co. are already concerned. TFC is headed down the same path as the Raptors a few years ago in their search for a qualified GM. NBA comissioner David Stern was instrumental in the hiring of Bryan Colangelo and it appears that Don Garber will now have a similar role in the hiring of the next GM of TFC. Everyone knows Anselmi has no clue and I'm actually relieved that MLSE has at least acknowledged that they require assistance in finding a qualified successor to our favorite Scotsman...

Azerban
09-30-2010, 11:33 AM
didn't mls suggest us mo in the first place

ManUtd4ever
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
didn't mls suggest us mo in the first place

I don't know...I certainly hope not :facepalm:

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
It's a safe assumption that Garber and Co. are already concerned. TFC is headed down the same path as the Raptors a few years ago in their search for a qualified GM. NBA comissioner David Stern was instrumental in the hiring of Bryan Colangelo and it appears that Don Garber will now have a similar role in the hiring of the next GM of TFC. Everyone knows Anselmi has no clue and I'm actually relieved that MLSE has at least acknowledged that they require assistance in finding a qualified successor to our favorite Scotsman...

Yeah but is Garber any more qualified? Didn't he come over from the NFL? And yes, didn't the league pick the last GM here?

What TFC needs is a president, a chairman, not another GM or coach. They need someone with a long history running soccer teams to do Anselmi's job. The problems here are deeper than a GM and not going to be solved at that level.

MLS isn't the NBA.

Wull
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
what would be the legal standpoint if they got wind of a boycott and filled our seats without issuing a refund?

jloome
09-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Sorry to say, but I think this is not just a possibility...but its the reality.
We may not want to admit it, but there is nothing (perhaps the exception being hockey) that we don't rely on their success to translate to ours.

A Canadian league would simply not work...not because of support, but because which players would want to come here when they can play elsewhere and be 1) paid more and 2) have a higher profile

Not a cogent argument. There are over 140 professional leagues around the globe and more than 100,000 registered professionals. It might not be at the level we'd want at first, but European players were quite willing to come and play for Vancouver in the NASL. Don't see why this would be any different.

The determining factor for a league in Canada is infrastructure. We don't have it, at least nothing close to ideal for footy.

Plus, the width of the country coupled with the relative lack of population in its geographical centre means we'd have to play two separate loops, east and west, most of the time, or travel costs would become prohibitive.

Both of these issues can be overcome but they take a lot of will and a lot of money.

Anyone here know people with deep enough pockets to get the ball rolling? (I know of at least one person, but calling people out on pie-in-the-sky ideas is never a good idea.)

There are several models overseas proving it can be profitable (in fact, most of the 109 or so clubs in England actually made money last year; the model is horribly skewed by half the premiership losing a ton).

Azerban
09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
what would be the legal standpoint if they got wind of a boycott and filled our seats without issuing a refund?

if they could fill our seats they wouldn't force us to buy the cup ticket

Beach_Red
09-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Both of these issues can be overcome but they take a lot of will and a lot of money.

Anyone here know people with deep enough pockets to get the ball rolling? (I know of at least one person, but calling people out on pie-in-the-sky ideas is never a good idea.)

There are several models overseas proving it can be profitable (in fact, most of the 109 or so clubs in England actually made money last year; the model is horribly skewed by half the premiership losing a ton).

Yes, the two issues you mention can be overcome - the CFL does it every year.

So, here's a crazy idea, there are a lot of owners with teams in more than one sport - like MLSE. How about a league with two sports? The CFL could start a soccer division, using the infrastructure of the league and each team could use its own infrastructure. The way the NE Revs use the Patriots office and ticket sales and so on. It would mean sharing stadiums, too, but it's working okay in Seattle.

Then you'd need a good TV deal...

Auzzy
09-30-2010, 12:29 PM

Oh and by the way, next year you have the privilege of having to sign up for a minimum of two cruises, and we will only increase the average per-cruise price by 10%. So it's actually a bargain as long as you don't let yourself get all confused about it.

sulfur
09-30-2010, 01:39 PM
How can they confirm that you won't show up at the last minute after all?

trane
09-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes, the two issues you mention can be overcome - the CFL does it every year.

So, here's a crazy idea, there are a lot of owners with teams in more than one sport - like MLSE. How about a league with two sports? The CFL could start a soccer division, using the infrastructure of the league and each team could use its own infrastructure. The way the NE Revs use the Patriots office and ticket sales and so on. It would mean sharing stadiums, too, but it's working okay in Seattle.

Then you'd need a good TV deal...

CFL stadiums are pretty good in terms of size for footy.

manitou22
09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Looks like the ship has sprung another leak.

From the Travelzoo Newsdesk:
Toronto -- September 30, 2010 -- This morning, the NBA's
Toronto Raptors launched an exclusive presale and discount
on seats to select October, November and December games.
Some seats are as much as 30% off regular ticket prices.

Auzzy
09-30-2010, 03:43 PM
^ But did they increase the regular ticket prices by 30% before offering that deal? ;)

james
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM
its so stupid.

Heres my plan to sell tickets for 2011:
Build a North Stand, create similar atmosphere as South End and charge $18 and boom it will be sold out. Charge $18 in South End and it will sell out. Lower prices in the East and West stand ( even just by a litle bit) and fans will come. Atmosphere will be great, and the fact that team is shit will be the only problem TFC has.

Dont go fucking raissing prices after 4 years of pure shit, ripping people off in the North Stand and East and West. Atmosphere will die and TFC sucking on the field wont be there only problem. TFC will always make more money if they kept prices the same or even lowered them just a bit, rather then raissing prices and forcing many fans out, shit atmosphere and many empty seats.

Red Rat
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey ML$E troll reading thishttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/ratonrojo/we_are_friends-1406.jpg

rr

koryo
10-02-2010, 11:03 AM
ML$E are blowing it. Raising ticket prices to watch a crap team fuck about through another pointless season is going to hurt them.

You get what you deserve.

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 12:49 PM
At this rate, crickets are the only thing MLSE will be hearing at BMO Field.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 02:03 PM
ML$E are blowing it. Raising ticket prices to watch a crap team fuck about through another pointless season is going to hurt them.

MLSE futures sales pitch.
Come watch Beckham play at BMO field.

rr

J .
10-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Making Losing Seem Easy

says it all.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 04:49 PM

I need to say this again.

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Look on the bright side, people. There is always next season, right? It worked for the Leafs and Raptors.

Oh, right. Nevermind.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Look on the bright side, people. There is always next season, right? It worked for the Leafs and Raptors.

Oh, right. Nevermind.

That is I am banning you.

I am pressing the ban button right now, just wait.

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 04:54 PM
^ But did they increase the regular ticket prices by 30% before offering that deal? ;)
NO! Essentially they are offering SSH prices on single game tickets. Makes you want Season seats eh? In Columbus you can get $10 tix at times and a scarf included. I would RIOT as a SSH! Anyways, it will end up coming to this with TFC if MLSE doesn't wake up soon!

Davenport
10-02-2010, 04:57 PM
This could have been so good.
It's turned into a nightmare.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:00 PM
nothing good comes from MLSE, except food of course from their new franchise restaurants

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
nothing good comes from MLSE, except food of course from their new franchise restaurants

Are these restaurants super expensive? :lol: Careful the price might go up before you're finished eating your meal.

Suds
10-02-2010, 05:04 PM

I've been to Real Sports Bar ... the food is average at best

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:04 PM
They were made to pay their employees with as bonus bouchers.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:05 PM

they have a new HI end restaurant opening
111 I think

Davenport
10-02-2010, 05:06 PM
They were made to pay their employees with as bonus bouchers.
Is that French food ?

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Is that French food ?

yeap pretty close.

The place is called
e11even, weird

kodiakTFC

The food and beer selection is pretty good but like their other endeavors everything is overpriced.

kaos197O

I would disagree. I've had better better food at most Sports Bars. The only reason it wins awards is because it is futuristic and has tonnes of TV's. FOOD IS ABSOLUTE SHITE!

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:08 PM
This is their new model.
Since they can't win with the teams they are trying now with Restaurants and condos

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 05:10 PM
This is their new model.
Since they can't win with the teams they are trying now with Restaurants and condos

I'd be worried about those restaurants and condos collapsing just like their sports franchises.

ag futbol
10-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Are these restaurants super expensive? :lol: Careful the price might go up before you're finished eating your meal.
Ah fuck you beat me to it.

"but I don't understand i thought..."

"supply and demand buddy, pay up!"

flatpicker
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
This is their new model.

I have no doubt they will be successful with condos.

But restaurants?... that requires giving people satisfaction for their money.
In no time at all, the food will be overcooked, and the beer will be flat.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Ah fuck you beat me to it.

"but I don't understand i thought..."

"supply and demand buddy, pay up!"

is all about the apple, not wait oranges

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 05:13 PM
This is their new model.
Get ready! Next season we'll likely get a 10% discount at their restaurants. What a great perk for being a SSH!

:picard:

flatpicker
10-02-2010, 05:16 PM
is all about the apple, not wait oranges

Dude.... that just gave me an idea for a tifo!

We need to make some giant apples and oranges for our last game.

I'm not sure where to go with this... but there's got to be something humorous there.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Get ready! Next season we'll likely get a 10% discount at their restaurants. What a great perk for being a SSH!

:picard:

10% fuck that
5% if you spend over $500

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 05:17 PM
10% fuck that
5% if you spend over $500
and only on game day

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:22 PM
and only on game day

we should work for them bro.

Davenport
10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd be worried about those restaurants and condos collapsing just like their sports franchises.
Their condos will be like the accomodation in the Indian athletes village......full of shit.

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Their condos will be like the accomodation in the Indian athletes village......full of shit.
Only retired teachers can afford to buy them. They get a HUGE discount, don't ya know!

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Only retired teachers can afford to buy them. They get a HUGE discount, don't ya know!

oh wait did they got a 10% discount?

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 05:37 PM
oh wait did they got a 10% discount?
It's better than that. THEY OWN THEM! And they only sell them if they can rape you in the process. Teachers are a touch twisted eh?

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 05:56 PM
It's better than that. THEY OWN THEM! And they only sell them if they can rape you in the process. Teachers are a touch twisted eh?

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband cause they be raping everybody up in here!

smtavare
10-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Power to the people. See this and get pumped

::flare::flare::flare::flare::drum::drum::drinking ::drinking::drum::drum::flare::flare::scarf::flare ::flare:

MotNtq41NDw

RPB forever!

billyfly
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
TFC related:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?...hl-value011010 (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ys-canadianbusiness-nhl-value011010)

No surprise that Leaf fans have least value.

maximo_rpd
10-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Power to the people. See this and get pumped

MotNtq41NDw

RPB forever!

Oh Yesss!!

Pefect sentiment - rock on!!