PDA

View Full Version : Post Game - TFC 1 - RSL 1 (Eliminated From Champions League)

prizby
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
So we are pretty much done for the season...attendance of 0 for Arabe Unido?

Doesn't matter, I am so upset right now...I am going to a detox clinic

for my TFC addiction

</3

I love you forever TFC...but this hurts a lot right now

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 09:00 PM
For the record, Daso had the tactics right, but didn't have the players.

Entertaining as hell.

mclaren
09-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Entertaining as hell.

Don't know if I'd go that far lol

TFC USA
09-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm expecting 10 for the Crew game.

Which to me is perfectly fine. Fuck management for raping us for 4 seasons and fuck MLSE.

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Knowing we needed 2 wins in a row AND help, I had already accepted that we weren't going through.

It was a good game, I saw a lot of good things.

JDG played well.
Conway is solid.
Nana was steady.
But player of the game was DeRo......LOL! Just kidding, I wanted to see people's reaction. For real, player of the game for me was Barrett, he's showing consistentcy and fire, I like.

Negatives:

If Mista is wearing TFC red next season I will lose it. I am POSITIVE we signed this guy sight unseen...for a million bucks...dear lord.
Usanov is Uselessnov.
Obie isn't good enough to be on our academy let alone the senior team.

I am not upset nor am I happy. Indifferent is the word. And that is too bad, it's an indication MLSE's ineptitude has finally begun to make me jaded.

ag futbol
For what it's worth, I'd say we made the most out of what we had on our roster. Lot of boos at the whistle but we played reasonably well i thought.

We really don't have one player on this team that can face up the defender and be a threat to take on the man consistently. A lot of "wingers" who would just turn back, shield the ball and make the safe pass.

Year 5: the first time we get a good wing player (I hope)

Oblio2
I thought we were unlucky.

-Barratt looked really good.
-Stadium was half empty???????? WTF

mclaren
09-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Which to me is perfectly fine. Fuck management for raping us for 4 seasons and fuck MLSE.

Quoted for the damn truth.

prizby
09-28-2010, 09:05 PM

i expect a sellout...i hate the CREW

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
For the record, Daso had the tactics right, but didn't have the players.

Entertaining as hell.

I agree. I am more certain than ever that we were so good defensively over the course of the season because we sacrificed offence. Once we made any effort to take the game to them, our backline looked shaky.

prizby
09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
for the record, that foul that led to the goal looked bush league

sulfur
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Conway is solid.
He was always solid when he was the visiting GK before he joined TFC, rarely gave up poor goals.

smtavare
09-28-2010, 09:09 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/04/23/anselmi_peddie_big_381.jpg:picard::picard::mad5::r ant:dum fucks the three stoogees

TFC USA
09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
i expect a sellout...i hate the CREW

The season is over anyway. If the stadium is empty anyway it's like they never left home.

boysblue
09-28-2010, 09:11 PM
keep frei, gargan, nana, cann & barrett and let dasovic build his own team. sign 3 dps...fuck, mlse have the money. in this league a team can get real good real quick.

ag futbol
09-28-2010, 09:12 PM

You know, this price increase might work to our advantage after all.

Instead of gradually building "demand" and following with appropriate price increases, they've put the cart before the horse. They'll be chewing on shoe leather for quite a while and in the meantime we'll be getting cheaper tickets.

mclaren
09-28-2010, 09:12 PM
The rest of the season SHOULD be all about protesting MLSE and its destruction of this club. But I highly doubt enough will stand up. That's what is disappointing about all this.

Canary Canuck
09-28-2010, 09:13 PM
We had this one. Stupid Usanov the walking talking red card had to pull a dumb foul again.

Shakes McQueen
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Knowing we needed 2 wins in a row AND help, I had already accepted that we weren't going through.

This is pretty much my take, too. It's always disappointing to get eliminated from the CCL, obviously, but there were positives to be found from this game.

The odds were always incredibly long for us to get out of this stage of the competition.

- Scott

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 09:15 PM
This is pretty much my take, too. It's always disappointing to get eliminated from the CCL, obviously, but there were positives to be found from this game.

The odds were always incredibly long for us to get out of this stage of the competition.

- Scott

Especially in a tough group like this one.

I am more upset we didn't make the MLS playoffs than the fact that we didn't get past the group stage of the CCL.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 09:17 PM
All things considered, TFC played pretty well against two of the best teams in the competition, even taking the majority of the points from Cruz Azul, which is likely the best team in the entire competition.

MartinUtd
09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't know, that was a pretty dreadful game. Maybe I'm just bitter about the gouging and am looking at everything in a more negative light.

On the topic... can anyone think of a good way to embarrass MLSE during the all star game?

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't know, that was a pretty dreadful game. Maybe I'm just bitter about the gouging and am looking at everything in a more negative light.

On the topic... can anyone think of a good way to embarrass MLSE during the all star game?

You mean MLS Cup? I say banners. BUT...considering what TFC pulled at the beginning of the season, my guess is that they will "accidentaly" forget to allow banner demonstrations at the cup game. MLS and MLSE won't want to be embarrassed on national TV.

SmokedPanda
09-28-2010, 09:24 PM
make a banner saying "i was scammed into being here"

TFC07
09-28-2010, 09:25 PM
- We simply not good enough to win and score a lot of goals.
- Play the kids for rest of the season now!
- It's going to be a long off-season. :(

ag futbol
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
You mean MLS Cup? I say banners. BUT...considering what TFC pulled at the beginning of the season, my guess is that they will "accidentaly" forget to allow banner demonstrations at the cup game. MLS and MLSE won't want to be embarrassed on national TV.
I was thinking since they like to giggle so much at the fans who paid money to attend complaining about the price increase, we wait until inevitably there's a game with less than 10k next year then we say something ironic about the stadium being half empty.

that will really bust their balls.

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
make a banner saying "i was scammed into being here"

Classic!

Hitcho
09-28-2010, 09:31 PM

So we give Paul B and his cronies loud and clear advance notice - we're bringing banners for the MLS Cup, so make sure the knobheads are programmed to let them in.

If we do that, then they can't pull that lame excuse about "breakdown of communication, sorry about that, won't happen again" etc.

By the way, has anyone ever noticed that mlsintoronto only seems to become visible on these board when things are going well overall? When the "sky is falling" for real and there's a long and genuine list of major concerns about the team and the club, where the fuck is mlsintoronto on the forums? :rolleyes:

MartinUtd
09-28-2010, 09:31 PM

Oops, my mistake. I ended up passing on the all-star game, is that was really happened? Because I'm sure that's exactly what they'd this time around if they've set the precedent.

Maybe if 10000 people all held up an 8.5x11" "$" like what NEE did, that might get the point across.

MartinUtd
09-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Hitcho, Paul B is a snake oil salesman. He loves to get chummy with the fans but he's just another spineless suit like the rest of them.

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 09:33 PM
I was thinking since they like to giggle so much at the fans who paid money to attend complaining about the price increase, we wait until inevitably there's a game with less than 10k next year then we say something ironic about the stadium being half empty.

I was surprised more was not made about this little tidbit of information we were given.

kaos197O
09-28-2010, 09:34 PM

Chant.

They don't care about players
They don't care about fans
Toronto's football club
Is in the wrong hands

I also think we should wear paper bags over our heads. The could spell out anti MLSE stuff or just be blank. Security could do shit about it and it would look a disgrace on tv.

MartinUtd
09-28-2010, 09:34 PM
ag futbol & Roogsy, the Arabe Unido game will be perfect for that statement.

Jarrek
09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
The battle is on for third place. If we finish third, we get into the North Americana League.

:picard:

ag futbol
09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I was surprised more was not made about this little tidbit of information we were given.
Pretty much arrogance at it's best. I think everyone makes fun of their clients at times, but you'd have to be pretty dumb to do it publicly.

Imagine if Scotts made fun of TFC because they charged them way to much for grass but they paid anyway. I think MLSE would collectively shit their pants.

SmokedPanda
09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
i'm willing to travel 5 hours to protest at the Arabe Unido game

Pookie
09-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Pretty much arrogance at it's best. I think everyone makes fun of their clients at times, but you'd have to be pretty dumb to do it publicly.

Imagine if Scotts made fun of TFC because they charged them way to much for grass but they paid anyway. I think MLSE would collectively shit their pants.

I wonder if MLSE ever reaches a point where they consider selling the team.

Arguably interest has peaked. Less arguably (or perhaps the word is "clearly") they have reached (some might say exceeded) a limit with respect to ticket prices. They've hosted an All-Star Game and soon will host the MLS Cup. They must have some metric in terms of the renewal rate to this point.

Is this the high part of buy low and sell high?

ilikemusic
09-28-2010, 09:43 PM
The battle is on for third place. If we finish third, we get into the North Americana League.

:picard:

:lol:

Another failed season.

Now im especially pissed that I have tickets to the Unido and Crew games. :(

If there is anything worse than watching horrible football, its watching meaningless, horrible football.

Pookie
09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
From John Molinaro:

"Make no mistake about it: Toronto FC is in a state of crisis.

All of which has not escaped the attention of TFC's diehard supporters, who have become disillusioned over the team's poor form on the field, the behind-the-scenes drama and the recently announced increase in season ticket prices for next year.

The announced crowd of 10,581 for Tuesday's match was a clear sign of fan unrest. Large areas in the stands at BMO Field, including the north end, were sparsely populated, leading to a funereal atmosphere."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/09/28/sp-torontofc-saltlake-concacaf.html?ref=rss#ixzz10soyqFmx

Beach_Red
09-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I wonder if MLSE ever reaches a point where they consider selling the team.

Arguably interest has peaked. Less arguably (or perhaps the word is "clearly") they have reached (some might say exceeded) a limit with respect to ticket prices. They've hosted an All-Star Game and soon will host the MLS Cup. They must have some metric in terms of the renewal rate to this point.

Is this the high part of buy low and sell high?

The bigger question might be, would the teachers ever consider selling MLSE? They did just sell CTV and in the past 5-6 years MLSE haven't made nearly as much profit as they could have if any of their teams had made the playoffs.

If there was an owner who felt they could do a better job than MLSE the teachers might consider offers.

mclaren
09-28-2010, 09:55 PM
:lol:

Another failed season.

Now im especially pissed that I have tickets to the Unido and Crew games. :(

If there is anything worse than watching horrible football, its watching meaningless, horrible football.

and to make matters worse, Daso will probably try out some of the youngsters so you won't even be watching the first team.

alex andrew
09-28-2010, 09:57 PM
first team ???

Pookie
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM
The bigger question might be, would the teachers ever consider selling MLSE? They did just sell CTV and in the past 5-6 years MLSE haven't made nearly as much profit as they could have if any of their teams had made the playoffs.

If there was an owner who felt they could do a better job than MLSE the teachers might consider offers.

Maybe we need to start a collection...

bgnewf
09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
We played well, and Peterson's goal should be up there with TFC goals of the season...

We are just not that good a team.

gutted.

kaos197O
09-28-2010, 10:01 PM
and to make matters worse, Daso will probably try out some of the youngsters so you won't even be watching the first team.

Actually, it couldn't be much worse than watching the shitshow thats been ver the last 2 months.

Beach_Red
09-28-2010, 10:03 PM

It's pretty shocking that such a big sports market as Toronto doesn't have more interest from prospective owners. If the teams can be profitable not even making the playoffs you'd think there must be someone interested in all that extra profit that could be made.

THA BUTCHA
09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I think that whiff by Conway at the end of the game summed up our season perfectly.

I kind of wish it went in. It would of been poetic.

Darlofletch
09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
thought the booing was a bit harsh for tonight, but hopefully the players see it as a reflection of the season as a whole rather than a comment on their performance tonight.

happy for peterson to score, he's the one player I'd say has really improved since dasovic got the job.

mista really is hopeless, up there for worst dp ever i think.

crowd really was feeble, where's the demand that anselmi and co think they're supplying. felt bad for the beer guy's, no way they were making good tips tonight.

once again, with feeling, fuck you preki for the arabe unido fiasco.

Oldtimer
09-28-2010, 10:07 PM

I'm sure the Leafs and Raptors fans would be in.

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 10:12 PM
thought the booing was a bit harsh for tonight, but hopefully the players see it as a reflection of the season as a whole rather than a comment on their performance tonight.

happy for peterson to score, he's the one player I'd say has really improved since dasovic got the job.

crowd really was feeble, where's the demand that anselmi and co think they're supplying. felt bad for the beer guy's, no way they were making good tips tonight.

Sums it up for me.

Especially the Mista comment. Man, he could not have been a bigger bust.

ag futbol
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
crowd really was feeble, where's the demand that anselmi and co think they're supplying. felt bad for the beer guy's, no way they were making good tips tonight..
Yeah something about "supply and demand" tells me that as long as you don't have seasons, TFC tickets next year will be more affordable than ever next year.

alex andrew
09-28-2010, 10:16 PM
time to start an 'own the podium'.

flatpicker
09-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I agree that Mista was a bust.
But in his defense, he was never given a chance here in Toronto.
Seriously, how many games did he start for TFC?
I think he could have made a much bigger impact if he actually saw game time.
But it is what it is, and he needs to be let go... and he can take DeGuz with him (with all due respect of course).

Kevvv
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM

Actually, that justifies their decision to force the games on SSHs - when it's optional, almost half the SSHs didn't bother. THAT'S what busts their balls.

By the way, has anyone ever noticed that mlsintoronto only seems to become visible on these board when things are going well overall? When the "sky is falling" for real and there's a long and genuine list of major concerns about the team and the club, where the fuck is mlsintoronto on the forums?

And if he was on here? What do you propose a Q&A session? The questions are predicatable, the answers are predictable, and the response to the answers is predictable. It would turn into a shitshow, so what's the point? Go twitter him - he may well respond.

mclaren
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I agree that Mista was a bust.
But in his defense, he was never given a chance here in Toronto.
Seriously, how many games did he start for TFC?
I think he could have made a much bigger impact if he actually saw game time.
But it is what it is, and he needs to be let go... and he can take DeGuz with him (with all due respect of course).

Agreed, but then Preki wasn't given a chance either was he? Which coach gets less than a season to prove himself? We gave Carver two seasons but couldn't even give Preki one. Granted, Mo had to go and probably was best to give the GM a clean slate. But Mo should have gone long ago.

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
And if he was on here? What do you propose a Q&A session? The questions are predicatable, the answers are predictable, and the response to the answers is predictable. It would turn into a shitshow, so what's the point? Go twitter him - he may well respond.

I agree. Paul being on here would get ugly real fast. It serves no real purpose. That is the main reason I had a problem with ICF letting him off the hook, it was a venue where the tough questions could have been asked by fans but in a place where Paul was not going to get ganged up on.

I don't expect him to show up around here for a while, although I suspect he (and others) are lurking.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Actually, that justifies their decision to force the games on SSHs - when it's optional, almost half the SSHs didn't bother. THAT'S what busts their balls.

This is where real marketing has to come into play. Sooner or later MLSE will have to rely on some sort of walk-up crowd, because I don't see SSHs sticking around forever.

alex andrew
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
to be let go... and he can take DeGuz with him

1.7 millions for zero goals and four own goals....i envy him.

Hitcho
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM

Agree with all of this except the beer guys bit. No way will I ever feel sorry for anyone who charges $11 for a can of piss-berg and then expects to be tipped for taking the effort to pour it out, regardless of how little money they make for doing it. It's like getting a job culling baby seals and then expecting people to feel sorry for you if they all run away and you make hardly any commission.

Agreed about Mista. Does that mean we have the dubious distinction of having the worst DP ever and the biggest waste of a DP slot ever? Along with the longest goalless streak ever, the highest ticket prices ever and the worst play-off-free run ever? Can anyone see what's going wrong here? Anyone? :facepalm:

Toronto Ruffrider
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
The outcome of this game was disappointing to be sure, but at least I was entertained tonight. Peterson's goal was sweet, and Conway's throw should be nominated for assist of the year. I wonder if the Blue Jays could use him.:D

Beach_Red
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
This is where real marketing has to come into play. Sooner or later MLSE will have to rely on some sort of walk-up crowd, because I don't see SSHs sticking around forever.

Only one thing gets walk-up sales -- winning.

Wull
09-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Everything will be fine when our two new DPs get here, that is what anselmi meant when he said prices were going up due to Supply and Demand right .................

andyc
I was in 126 and just before half time NEE put up their MLSE and $ banners when it was clear MLSE management were in their box right next to 127.

Basically Anselmi turned from the TV, shook his head and turned away. The rest of the executive team just ignored the whole display.

Thanks for your concern management...

ag futbol

Let's see the renewal numbers (if they even release them) before we come to a conclusion on that.

I'd also say jamming this down people's throat is bad in the long term even if they physically manage to sell tickets to one or two extra games.

That extra $100 is going to look pretty small compared to potentially losing a customer in annuity.

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Let's see the renewal numbers (if they even release them) before we come to a conclusion on that.

There is still time to "influence" their renewal numbers.

LesH
09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
We played well, and Peterson's goal should be up there with TFC goals of the season...

We are just a below average team.

gutted.

I corrected it for you.

billyfly
09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I didn't buy a beer just like I promised in the pre-game thread.

My friend bought me one.

Hitcho
09-28-2010, 10:39 PM
From John Molinaro:

The announced crowd of 10,581 for Tuesday's match was a clear sign of fan unrest. Large areas in the stands at BMO Field, including the north end, were sparsely populated, leading to a funereal atmosphere.

Jesus, that's frightening. This was not a dead rubber, it was a CCL game against a league rival with something at stake and 4 points off Azul shows we could have won. Plus the rain stayed away. It's a reminder that we're only a couple of steps away from becoming another Columbust.

Too bad ML$E will chalk it down to end of season blues and mid-week rain instead of a serious warning to be heeded before they bleed the fanbase to death.

kaos197O
09-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Agree with all of this except the beer guys bit. No way will I ever feel sorry for anyone who charges $11 for a can of piss-berg and then expects to be tipped for taking the effort to pour it out, regardless of how little money they make for doing it. It's like getting a job culling baby seals and then expecting people to feel sorry for you if they all run away and you make hardly any commission.

Agreed about Mista. Does that mean we have the dubious distinction of having the worst DP ever and the biggest waste of a DP slot ever? Along with the longest goalless streak ever, the highest ticket prices ever and the worst play-off-free run ever? Can anyone see what's going wrong here? Anyone? :facepalm:
Actually a job is a job and these guys are trying to make a living. While I amm boycotting all merch,food and beer sales I am still giving Josh(our beer boy) a couple bucks a game. Can't punish him for MLSE's crap!

boozilla
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
The rest of the fans have been protesting by staying away. Only the South end was full tonight. We booed and got rid of Mo/Precki and let MLSE know they f*cked up.
All messages have been sent. Bottom line: The season is over.

Inklink
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Shame on TFC.

Edit: Link contained virus??

Hitcho
09-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I was in 126 and just before half time NEE put up their MLSE and $ banners when it was clear MLSE management were in their box right next to 127.

Basically Anselmi turned from the TV, shook his head and turned away. The rest of the executive team just ignored the whole display.

Thanks for your concern management...

Well in fairness to MLSE they have spent a bucket load of money on TFC, so you can see how Anselmi might take those banners the wrong way, but it's worrying that they don't seem to realise that spending money doesn;t make it ok to rape the SSH for even more money to mnake it all back again, without giving them anything in return.

That extra $100 is going to look pretty small compared to potentially losing a customer in annuity.

Exactly. Gouging me for an MLS Cup final ticket I don't want will cost you a lot more if I end up not keeping 4 season tickets for the next 20 plus years as a result. $100 vs $40,000. Even MLSE must be able to see that one. Or maybe not.

billyfly
09-28-2010, 10:45 PM
TORONTO FC KEEPS HOPES ALIVE WITH DRAW AGAINST REAL SALT LAKE??

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=335602

Pachuco
09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm going to type this out before I see anyone else's comments just to be sure that no one influences me in what my thoughts on the game:

* DeGuzman, what can I say, an absolute beast tonight. Seems to have come into his own the last few games but I think it's too little too late for me. If he performed like that consistently we may not be in the position we are in now.

* Peterson with a moment of brilliance. Yet, no way I'm convinced he's a starting winger in the MLS.

* Maicon looked out of it today before his injury

* Barett, provided some good runs and a spark once he came onto the field. Why didn't he start anyways? don't understand that one. Our offense just seems so much better when he's on the field.

* Canana back together was pleasant to see. I think we had a damn good game defensively today aside from a free kick that I'm still not sure was a foul in the first place. Would have to see that one again. But really, Cann and Nana are just so much freekin better then Cann and Harden. Just because Harden is invisible people think he's decent, but if you watch the game when Nana is paired up with Cann it's an entirely different story.

* Conway - I don't know, looked real shaky to me and he was barely tested. Why didn't Frei start anyways on our last meaninful game of the season?

* Gargan - lots of running, solid performance in my mind.

* Usanov - This guy for me is so hard to figure out. He has moments where he looks good and moments where you wonder how he plays professional football.

* Garcia - Pretty good performance actually. Can only remember seeing him get caught once in this game but he made up for it with some good defensive clearances.

* Labrocca - I don't know, somewhat invisible. Don't remember him doing much offensively today.

* Dero - Yikes. Didn't do himself any favors today with the anti-Dero crowd. Poor performance and showed his selfishness when he failed to give the ball to DeGuzman for a tap in. I'm sure people are crucifying him all over the place right now, I guess in a way he brought it on to himself. Still, one game won't change my opnion. If it did, I'd be saying Peterson for DP right now.

* Mista - oh yeah, Mista. Meh, I really have nothing to say about the guy.

* Atmosphere - FUCK YOU MLSE!

mclaren
09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
So MLS officials were in town for the game - wonder what they thought of the tiny crowd?
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/TorontoFC/2010/09/28/15513006.html

Toronto Ruffrider
09-28-2010, 10:49 PM

Fail.:facepalm:

nobuzz
09-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I just want to know where I apply for a job as a scout for TFC? Has to be the easiest job in the world, they obviously don't watch anything and then just give a list of names to management and hope for the best.

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 10:53 PM
The rest of the season SHOULD be all about protesting MLSE and its destruction of this club. But I highly doubt enough will stand up. That's what is disappointing about all this.

I'm in favour of people bringing screwdrivers to the next home game and unscrewing things. I want a 110 sign.

Kevvv
The outcome of this game was disappointing to be sure, but at least I was entertained tonight. Peterson's goal was sweet, and Conway's throw should be nominated for assist of the year. I wonder if the Blue Jays could use him.:D

It was a great goal. Between tonight's game and the Cruz Azul home game, CONCACAF games should not be missed.

I'd also say jamming this down people's throat is bad in the long term even if they physically manage to sell tickets to one or two extra games.

You don't think they'll have 10,000 renewals? I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but seeing only 10,000 seats sold tonight supports their decision.

So here's why tickets have gone up: extra league games, CONCACAF, MLS Cup, and an increase of $1 per game. I want to go to all the league games, so that's two games spoken for. I bought the CONCACAF anyway, so that's a wash. But sticking the SSHs with the MLS Cup and trying to weasel an extra $1 a game looks like it will be the deal breaker for many people.

Roogsy

Taken from the Canadian Press...I don't think it's TSN's fault although someone should have fact checked at TSN as well.

werewolf
09-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Supply and Demand! Supply and Demand! Supply and Demand!

king dave
09-28-2010, 10:54 PM
I am done.
Was a lot of good times with all the supporters in the last 4 years though.
Thanks and all the best in the future you douchebags!
Cheers, KD.

billyfly
09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
The Dave has spoken.

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Supply and Demand! Supply and Demand! Supply and Demand!

Anselmi and Paul are getting a lesson in that tonight aren't they?

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I was part of the booing at the end of the game. It was more directed at the pure disappointment of the season, not really at the boys' effort...

There really is *no* point going to any more games. Not the Unido game, not the Columbus game, not the game in DC. It seemed that the boys, at times, didn't want to be there at all.

I can't believe I stopped playing FIFA 11 to show up for that shit.

kaos197O
09-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Well in fairness to MLSE they have spent a bucket load of money on TFC, so you can see how Anselmi might take those banners the wrong way, but it's worrying that they don't seem to realise that spending money doesn;t make it ok to rape the SSH for even more money to mnake it all back again, without giving them anything in return.

Exactly. Gouging me for an MLS Cup final ticket I don't want will cost you a lot more if I end up not keeping 4 season tickets for the next 20 plus years as a result. $100 vs $40,000. Even MLSE must be able to see that one. Or maybe not.
You are kidding me right? Just in ticket sales alone they take in $35 million a year, forget all the sponsors, merch sales, food and beer sales.....blah blah blah. Their on field payroll is not even 20% of tickets sales. They are ROLLING in our dough my friend.

Hitcho

Hah, love the way the opening paragraph completely contradicts the headline. Or maybe they did it on purpose just to be cruel?

Roogsy
I am done.
Was a lot of good times with all the supporters in the last 4 years though.
Thanks and all the best in the future you douchebags!
Cheers, KD.

This is truly sad. And yet I can't blame you big guy. MLSE has ruined this experience. Ruined it completely. They had carte blance to build something great here and shit the bed.

kaos197O
09-28-2010, 10:59 PM
I was part of the booing at the end of the game. It was more directed at the pure disappointment of the season, not really at the boys' effort...

There really is *no* point going to any more games. Not the Unido game, not the Columbus game, not the game in DC. It seemed that the boys, at times, didn't want to be there at all.

I can't believe I stopped playing FIFA 11 to show up for that shit.
+100

Wicked game! Much improved over last year!

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
+100

Totally dude!! I'm still getting used to the weighted passes function, but it really is an improvement over last year's edition. And that's saying *a lot*!

Pachuco
09-28-2010, 11:01 PM
+100

Please don't make me jealous. I left work with the intent to buy Fifa on the way to the TFC game. Got out late, got stuck in traffic, and instead of just making it to the stadium around game time, I sacrificed Fifa for being at the stadium 40 minutes early to do my routine. I could be pulling an all nighter playing FIfa right now.

werewolf
09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
http://resources.sportingo.com/gallery/Getty-Images/Football/Marc-van-Bommel_270x200.jpg

Hitcho
09-28-2010, 11:03 PM
You are kidding me right? Just in ticket sales alone they take in $35 million a year, forget all the sponsors, merch sales, food and beer sales.....blah blah blah. Their on field payroll is not even 20% of tickets sales. They are ROLLING in our dough my friend.

I'm not saying they didn't make lots of profit along the way, but they invested in the team in the first place, contribued to stadium costs, laid down grass, signed a couple of DP's and put up the north stand. Plenty of owners would not have done all that (well, aside from investing in the team and stadium, otherwise you wouldn't be an owner to start with). And anyway the real thrust of my point was that although they spend money they seem to think that they then have to gouge it all back from us, instead of accepting it as dollars spent to improve the product.

kaos197O
09-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Totally dude!! I'm still getting used to the weighted passes function, but it really is an improvement over last year's edition. And that's saying *a lot*!
Wished we were sayin' that about TFC right now

rocker
09-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I didn't think the foul on Usanov was warranted. I sit close to where it happened. Looked very weak to me.

I'd like to see it again on the TV.

greatwhitenorf
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM

So true.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/SJCCLIFF/MEERKAT.jpg

Hitcho
09-28-2010, 11:08 PM
This is truly sad. And yet I can't blame you big guy. MLSE has ruined this experience. Ruined it completely. They had carte blance to build something great here and shit the bed.

Hard not to agree with this. And really I just feel sad and disillusioned about it rather than angry. They've fucked it all up so badly I almost don't even care any more, and almost can't afford to anyway with all the ticket price hikes, so what does difference does it make?

Hopefully this is the bottom of the curve and there's a huge upward trajectory coming. They have the clean slate to do it, but there's nothing at all to suggest that they'll get it right, which is really the most worrying thing, because it means it's hard to have hope, so where does that leave us? We have nothing, not even hope.

No wonder people don't want to renew their over-priced season tickets...

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 11:08 PM
I didn't think the foul on Usanov was warranted. I sit close to where it happened. Looked very weak to me.

Much like the Gargan foul in the San Jose game, it did look a little weak, but the real blame lies in the bad decision making by Usanov. De Vos indicated Usanov was playing unecessarily tight to the RSL player which was pretty much asking to draw the foul.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-28-2010, 11:10 PM

And they could be rolling in even more dough. The greed of MLSE will cost the club a lot of money in the long run, starting with tonight's pathetic turnout.

jazzy
09-28-2010, 11:11 PM

JDG played well.
Conway is solid.
Nana was steady.
But player of the game was DeRo......LOL! Just kidding, I wanted to see people's reaction. For real, player of the game for me was Barrett, he's showing consistentcy and fire, I like.

Negatives:

If Mista is wearing TFC red next season I will lose it. I am POSITIVE we signed this guy sight unseen...for a million bucks...dear lord.
Usanov is Uselessnov.
Obie isn't good enough to be on our academy let alone the senior team.

I am not upset nor am I happy. Indifferent is the word. And that is too bad, it's an indication MLSE's ineptitude has finally begun to make me jaded.

I like your analysis but can't agree on Barrett tonight he was the barrett of old...his touch's were horrific lost the ball at first touch, I feel he has been rushed back since the hammie though, as of course he's always game...although he did have 1 good rush, at which he screamed at teamates all the way back up the field for?..(nonsupport)...It seems on counterattacks their never was enough support...still feel there are cliques on this team, something isn't right.....or are they just burnt out?....I am! why do we always get the ball in your end, kick it to the other team in their end only to lose it,...and give up possesion constantly....esp with 1 striker?

greatwhitenorf
09-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Meanwhile, back at the TFC executive offices, the top brass react to word of a fan backlash:

http://static.flickr.com/42/115847835_e60f34737c.jpg

jazzy
09-28-2010, 11:25 PM

I watched it,...in his own clumsy way he basically ran into him, it looked like RSL player knew if he backed up he could sideswipe him....and Usanov as usual off balance did just that....and again a set piece F**ks us....do we ever get such gifts.....can't remember any.....teams must set us up for this now.....

Sparta
09-28-2010, 11:30 PM
walking from bmo to the go train -- in a somber mood --- all of a sudden, a tfc chant breaks out and people banging my drum????????????????

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK

i literally yelled to the crowd saying are you fucken stupid --- we are out of the league play and concacaf play -- this tie was a lose -- we needed to win

Yet they were chanting -- not caring of the outcome but of the moment of being at the game

SICKENS ME --- this is a joke -- and to all that were at that go train chanting -- even if your RPB -- smarten the fuk up -- u dumb fuks -- know the scores and outcomes of all games -- how dare you chant this crap that we were shown

AND OUT OF THE BLUE

when they showed our coach on the jumbotron, what was with the cheers????????????? what did he do????????????? this is not his team, not yet -- he misplayed personal movements just like preiki --- we cheer next year when he has had time as a coach with these players --- YES HE WAS ASSISTANT COACH, and might know the players --- but still, nothing to be proud of OR dissappointed about --- its not his team yet until HE MAKES THE RIGHT PERSONAL CHANGES -- too late in the season to worship

What have we become --- horrible ---that is what

No tailgate
No communication
No leadership
Lack luster chanting
No nothing--- but empty hopes of the same bullshit next year

LETS SMARTEN THE FUK UP IN EVERY ASPECT

Torontotonto
09-28-2010, 11:33 PM

I think it was less than 1/2 tonight.
The lowest i've seen since day 1.
Anyone ?

:noidea:

MartinUtd
09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Wow... I remember seeing some of that spontaneous chanting after a loss in season 1 and 2... I figured we were past that.

__wowza
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM
i take it to be the "casual" fan.
the "hey i know the TFC clap chant!" fan.

if i'm wrong.. well.. i'd rather not be wrong.

jazzy
09-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Actually a job is a job and these guys are trying to make a living. While I amm boycotting all merch,food and beer sales I am still giving Josh(our beer boy) a couple bucks a game. Can't punish him for MLSE's crap!

absolutely.....these guys and gals are working honestly trying to make a living......my hats off to them...they're paid shit....don't be miserable people....if you can afford to drink you can afford a tip!

__wowza
09-28-2010, 11:50 PM
also.

FUCK THAT DEFENDER

who flipped off the south end (right behind the net) after the game.
you classless dipshit. i forget who he was.

Hooligan69
09-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Missed out on attending tonight's game due to feeling like crap, but I caught the action via online video stream. Disappointing result yet rather predictable at the same time.

Such is the life of a TFC supporter. One agony after another.

Blizzard
09-28-2010, 11:58 PM

It was an almost exact replica of the Cruz Azul goal.

A horrible foul call off a man hitting the deck after the slightest of contact and then a free kick from just outside the box to the identical area of the goal.

The only difference this time was that the ball was more of a lob and that JDG actually raced back to the line and wasn't all that far from stopping it ... and I'm still stunned that anybody on this forum is so absolutely stupid as to refer to that play as an own goal.

If the ball is going into the net anyway and defender makes contact with it in attempt to clear the ball, it simply isn't an own goal. If the defender deflects the ball such that the keeper can't stop it, that's a different story.

menefreghista
09-29-2010, 12:00 AM
I think it was less than 1/2 tonight.
The lowest i've seen since day 1.
Anyone ?

:noidea:

The attendance was announced at around 10,500. Definitely the absolute lowest attended TFC game by a wide margin.

I consider this game a turning point in the financial history of our club. I have a feeling that the arrogance of the FO is finally going to bite them in the ass.

Sally Mack
09-29-2010, 12:09 AM
IF I end up being scammed into season tickets... my MLS cup two stick: "price increases: 4, playoff appearances: 0. Do the math"

If I have room it'll say "all for $1" at the bottom.

__wowza
09-29-2010, 12:12 AM
BRIGHT SIDE OF THE GAME
actually, after the game.

gargan running to the NEE and saluting them,stopping midfield briefly for handshakes, then running over to the south side and saluting us. maybe we didn't stand and cheer in the rain that was supposed to come tonight, but he knows we would have. and during the chorus of boos, the man turned to his attention to us and started clapping in our direction, his head held humbly low.you know what an action like that says to the fans? it says "i get it.."

the man is a class act, all the way.

BeerBaron95
09-29-2010, 12:28 AM
BRIGHT SIDE OF THE GAME

gargan running to the NEE and saluting them,stopping midfield briefly for handshakes, then running over to the south side and saluting us. maybe we didn't stand and cheer in the rain that was supposed to come tonight, but he knows we would have. and during the chorus of boos, the man turned to his attention to us and started clapping in our direction, his head held humbly low.you know what an action like that says to the fans? it says "i get it.."

Gargan and Cann acknowledged the SG's tonight... even Conway at the end... the rest of them... Thankfully Dero and JDG ran into the dressing rm after the game... CB19 was visibly angry with his team mates tonight... no support upfront, terrible delivery... i felt for him tonight.

Wish he would have made his way to the south end tonight

TFCRegina
09-29-2010, 12:33 AM
MLSE has a lot to answer for.

Shit product on the field in terms of tactical style.
Shit handling of the players and their signings/releases
Shit control over team information - why are we only being fed information from the TFC Front Office through the media
Shit results on the field.

The two most important are the first and last.

I could stand a shitty entertainment product if we were winning.
I could stand shit results on the field if it was mildly entertaining.

This season has been a general combination of shit, and TFC supporters deserve better.

We're not a cash cow. The fact that the real ticket prices are increasing after this season is a total joke.

What are we paying for?

Anti-football, talentless hacks and losses.

Just what I want to spend my money on...

reggie
09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
fold the team,only 10k tonight omg the sky is falling...

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-29-2010, 12:44 AM
MLSE has a lot to answer for.

Shit product on the field in terms of tactical style.
Shit handling of the players and their signings/releases
Shit control over team information - why are we only being fed information from the TFC Front Office through the media
Shit results on the field.

The two most important are the first and last.

I could stand a shitty entertainment product if we were winning.
I could stand shit results on the field if it was mildly entertaining.

This season has been a general combination of shit, and TFC supporters deserve better.

We're not a cash cow. The fact that the real ticket prices are increasing after this season is a total joke.

What are we paying for?

Anti-football, talentless hacks and losses.

Just what I want to spend my money on...

Last couple games have been pretty entertaining. All and all I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think the problem with the recent matches has been lack of entertainment value.

TFCRegina
09-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Last couple games have been pretty entertaining. All and all I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think the problem with the recent matches has been lack of entertainment value.

I don't disagree with you. But guess what? The vast majority of this season was shit football.

Get rid of Preki and it's entertaining again...go figure.

But MLSE needs to know. Why should we pay for a sub-par product?

Fuck, I often watch more fluid football at an Ottawa Fury game than any TFC game has. Why should TFC fans pay for a shit product when they can have fluid, fun football for 10 dollars a pop from the CSL/PDL?

ilikemusic
09-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Has MLSE cooked the golden goose?

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-29-2010, 01:01 AM
^ I agree with you (TFCRegina, sorry some posted in between). I like the CSL and get out to four or five games a year, but let's not kid ourselves, it's apples and oranges. I've seen lots of CSL games that are entertaining, but not so many that I would call fluid.

I'm renewing, but if I couldn't afford to, i'd go the CSL route for my live football.

DichioTFC
09-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Please don't make me jealous. I left work with the intent to buy Fifa on the way to the TFC game. Got out late, got stuck in traffic, and instead of just making it to the stadium around game time, I sacrificed Fifa for being at the stadium 40 minutes early to do my routine. I could be pulling an all nighter playing FIfa right now.

Bro, next year, go to Amazon.com like 3 weeks before the release. They had this insane offer where they would ensure you have it *in hand* the morning that it was released, and, of course, they would deliver it to your door.

Seriously dude, FIFA > TFC

walking from bmo to the go train -- in a somber mood --- all of a sudden, a tfc chant breaks out and people banging my drum????????????????

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK

i literally yelled to the crowd saying are you fucken stupid --- we are out of the league play and concacaf play -- this tie was a lose -- we needed to win

Yet they were chanting -- not caring of the outcome but of the moment of being at the game

SICKENS ME --- this is a joke -- and to all that were at that go train chanting -- even if your RPB -- smarten the fuk up -- u dumb fuks -- know the scores and outcomes of all games -- how dare you chant this crap that we were shown

AND OUT OF THE BLUE

when they showed our coach on the jumbotron, what was with the cheers????????????? what did he do????????????? this is not his team, not yet -- he misplayed personal movements just like preiki --- we cheer next year when he has had time as a coach with these players --- YES HE WAS ASSISTANT COACH, and might know the players --- but still, nothing to be proud of OR dissappointed about --- its not his team yet until HE MAKES THE RIGHT PERSONAL CHANGES -- too late in the season to worship

What have we become --- horrible ---that is what

No tailgate
No communication
No leadership
Lack luster chanting
No nothing--- but empty hopes of the same bullshit next year

LETS SMARTEN THE FUK UP IN EVERY ASPECT

How do you *really* feel? :D

Yeah, I heard the chants. I don't want to say too much about that because they're also (hopefully) the ones who chant during the game (as opposed to the vast majority who talk to each other about the weekend).

BRIGHT SIDE OF THE GAME

Gargan and Cann have applauded every match that I'm aware of, no matter the result. I remember Cann coming over with a couple other guys after the 4-1 NYRB loss looking ashamed, but applauding us. The class both of those guys demonstrate really make me proud to be a TFC fan.

menefreghista
09-29-2010, 06:49 AM
I was disappointed that they didn't hand out those CCL line up cards when you got into the stadium.

Looks like they are already in cost cutting mode for this team. Trying to save every last cent because they know what's coming.

v00d00daddy
09-29-2010, 08:05 AM
We sure are scoring in bunches with our new found offensive openness under Daso.

We scored on a fucking throw out from the goalie!

I'm trying to remember some other bonafide scoring chances.

Were there any others?

This team is missing a midfield general. An attacking midfielder who actually passes to his team mates.

Section 117
09-29-2010, 08:05 AM
A friend wasn't at the game and he was bashing me for being there. I summed it up pretty good IMO and I want you guys to tell what you think of my comment:

"I have come to the realization that I will support the badge and not the player. As players come and go. So at the end of the day no matter who is playing or coahcing TFC is my team and I will be there supporting and cheering them on till the end"

ManUtd4ever
09-29-2010, 08:15 AM
I thought TFC actually played well enough to deserve a victory last night despite a poor performance from DeRo, who clearly seemed distracted. Unfortunately, the Arabe Unido match came back to bite us in the ass big time. In a tournament of this nature, a team simply cannot afford to give away points.

I guess it's time to play for pride...

J .
09-29-2010, 08:41 AM
JDG, DeRo and Daso can go.

Borga
09-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I couldn't count how many attacks upfield DeRo ruined because he waits too long to make a pass, and when he does, usually passes it behind a player who is making a run. It seems like he looks to score for himself until he realizes he can't, then makes a bad pass and screws up the chance.

Selfish player, should no longer be captain after this year. I think MLSE should tell him that if he wants to get paid, he gives up the captain's armband as he has clearly displayed his lack of leadership all year. There's a lot more to leadership than scoring the occasional big goal and then strutting around the field. You lead by example, by playing hard, using your teammates appropriately and owning up to your mistakes when you make them.

I hope they can get some value for him if they trade his ass, but either way, I think the team is better off without him.

DangerRed
09-29-2010, 08:57 AM
It's scary that people thought yesterday's match was entertaining, tactically sound and "good soccer."

Or maybe it's funny.

What it is for sure is good for MLSE's business because I have a very strong hunch that those same people will be renewing their seasons.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Was Preki a relative of yours or something?

J .
09-29-2010, 08:59 AM

Are you DeRo in disguise?

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
We sure are scoring in bunches with our new found offensive openness under Daso.

We scored on a fucking throw out from the goalie!

I'm trying to remember some other bonafide scoring chances.

Were there any others?

This team is missing a midfield general. An attacking midfielder who actually passes to his team mates.

See Voodoo...you just ruined it for me. I agreed with you right up until the end when you decided to take a shot at DeRo.

I watched the game from home, I specifically paid attention to DeRo and wanted to see for myself the selfishness that you claim is so pervasive in his game.

I didn't see it. He passed often. Very often. He setup plays just as much as he took on players himself. Isn't that what a good player does? Change things up?

The one selfish play where I facepalmed was the obvious one...sidefooting it to JDG at the top of the box would have been a better choice than trying to take a shot on net with a defender on you. Tough choice under pressure and he made the wrong one. I will give you that. But if you watched the entire game and still came to the conclusion that DeRo plays too selfish...then I can only conclude that while I may be biased in his favour, you are totally biased against him not matter what.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Are you DeRo in disguise?

Ah deflection... if you had been paying attention, that question has been asked and answered.

sulfur
09-29-2010, 09:10 AM
It's scary that people thought yesterday's match was entertaining, tactically sound and "good soccer."
Entertaining? Yes.

Tactically sound? No.

Good soccer? Taken as a whole, I've seen better on men's league pitches.

Were there moments of good soccer? Definitely. RSL had more of them (as is to be expected with a team of their quality), but there were moments.

soccerguy_778
09-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Toronto Fc needs to make some changes for next year
The team needs to be built around Frei.
Attakora, Cann, Gargan, Barrett, Santos, Sanyang, Harden, Conway
Thats It the rest of the team needs to hit the road

Section 117
09-29-2010, 09:12 AM
See Voodoo...you just ruined it for me. I agreed with you right up until the end when you decided to take a shot at DeRo.

I watched the game from home, I specifically paid attention to DeRo and wanted to see for myself the selfishness that you claim is so pervasive in his game.

I didn't see it. He passed often. Very often. He setup plays just as much as he took on players himself. Isn't that what a good player does? Change things up?

The one selfish play where I facepalmed was the obvious one...sidefooting it to JDG at the top of the box would have been a better choice than trying to take a shot on net with a defender on you. Tough choice under pressure and he made the wrong one. I will give you that. But if you watched the entire game and still came to the conclusion that DeRo plays too selfish...then I can only conclude that while I may be biased in his favour, you are totally biased against him not matter what.

Roogsy

I was at the game and you know what he does hold on to the ball a tad to long most times. the problem is that when he holds it too long and then decides to pass it is off and not where it should be.

Just my take on it

Oldtimer
09-29-2010, 09:14 AM

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing for some time.

DangerRed
09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Entertaining? Yes.

Tactically sound? No.

Good soccer? Taken as a whole, I've seen better on men's league pitches.

Were there moments of good soccer? Definitely. RSL had more of them (as is to be expected with a team of their quality), but there were moments.

Your sentiments sum up exactly what I'm driving at.

This isn't a shot at you or anything, but I'm always surprised at how this group can have a gigantic piece of shit shoved in its face (the general quality of soccer) and only be able to notice that the shit is sprinkled with a few chocolate chips (the "moments").

Am I right in assuming you'll be renewing next year?

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 09:22 AM

Seriously? Throwing Daso under the bus already? I'd like to hear your drawn out and honest asessment of Daso and why you think he should go. This should be interesting.

Ivan
09-29-2010, 09:23 AM
So MLS officials were in town for the game - wonder what they thought of the tiny crowd?
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/TorontoFC/2010/09/28/15513006.html

Wow. Wheeler is bang on.

phonzo
09-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Well...

The better team won and made it through. Simple as that. Good on them and at least it's an MLS team moving forward in the tourney....also remember we did get destroyed by RSL on the 15th so a tie last night still makes me a somewhat content man.

ensco
09-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Seriously? Throwing Daso under the bus already? I'd like to hear your drawn out and honest asessment of Daso and why you think he should go. This should be interesting.

Because Daso has done nothing to earn this shot, and 8 games as interim this year can't change that.

I'm tired of us bringing in rookies and seeing how it goes. Mo himself, Carver, Cummins, none of them deserved the shot they got. The only one who had a resume was Preki, and he had other issues. MLSE has a long history of going down the cheaper, unproven, wrap yourself in the flag, give the guy a shot, road (JFJ, Babcock, Triano)

phonzo
09-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Wow. Wheeler is bang on.

/nod quite a few great points with respect to the MLS cup too.

Beach_Red
09-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Because Daso has done nothing to earn this shot, and 8 games as interim this year can't change that.

I'm tired of us bringing in rookies and seeing how it goes. Mo himself, Carver, Cummins, none of them deserved the shot they got. The only one who had a resume was Preki, and he had other issues. MLSE has a long history of going down this road (JFJ, Babcock, Triano)

So true. At least Daso has been an assistant for some time. Still, if you have a rookie in a key position (everybody is a rookie at some point) he's usually protected by being surrounded by veterans.

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 09:31 AM

I'm tired of us bringing in rookies and seeing how it goes. Mo himself, Carver, Cummins, none of them deserved the shot they got. The only one who had a resume was Preki, and he had other issues. MLSE has a long history of going down this road (JFJ, Babcock, Triano)

I don't understand what you are arguing. That Daso needs to go and take a hike out of town or that a qualified coach needs to come in who Daso can continue to work with as assistance coach?

I have no problems with Daso going back to assistant. He's an interim coach right now because of the situation. But that's a massive difference from saying Daso needs to go because he's a terrible coach.

I'm willing to bet J. thinks he's a terrible coach and he should take a hike. Which is why I asked.

ensco
09-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't understand what you are arguing. That Daso needs to go and take a hike out of town or that a qualified coach needs to come in who Daso can continue to work with as assistance coach?

I have no problems with Daso going back to assistant. He's an interim coach right now because of the situation. But that's a massive difference from saying Daso needs to go because he's a terrible coach.

I'm willing to bet J. thinks he's a terrible coach and he should take a hike. Which is why I asked.

Ah. OK. He is 100% qualified to be an MLS assistant, no question. But what to do with Daso should be 100% the call of the new management team. No strings attached.

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Ah. OK. He is 100% qualified to be an MLS assistant, no question. But what to do with Daso should be 100% the call of the new management team. No strings attached.

Yeap, completely agree.

dupont
09-29-2010, 09:54 AM
The booing seemed strange last night.
I felt deflated after the game. It was just another thing we let slip away this season.
However, the team played better than many other games so I just didn't see the point in booing.

Huyton
09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
I did not boo the team last night even after the end.

I applauded Gargan, and the guts he showed to applaud us. The guy makes in a year what DeGuzman makes in a week.

I'm not sure what the team will do after the Columbus game, or at the last game at BMO field for the season against Arabe Unido. I'd like to think they'll all come out and thank us for our support.

I'd also hope that we'll hold down our feelings about individual players and applaud as strongly as we can for them, because, as supporters, it's what we do.

Or are the words to the songs we sing just empty noises?

So you're pissed off with ML$E? Fine...protest all you like with banners...the players understand.

But when you boo, you hurt the honest, decent players out there like Dan Gargan, who applauds you. The very least you can do is to acknowledge the guts he showed by chanting his name. Nothing fancy, but he needs to hear it.

And so does every player who headed for the dressing room as soon as the whistle came that ended the game.

Especially them.

Pyeddo
09-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Someone suggested a couple days ago invading the field after the match on Oct. 16th... you'd be better off invading the private boxes owned by MLSE and raiding some free food and drinks on their dime

reggie
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM
the boys gave it everything lastnight,just a lack of talent.
dero and julian worked there asses off yesterday.
we never get a break,a cheap pk or a fluke goal wtf.

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I did not boo the team last night even after the end.

I applauded Gargan, and the guts he showed to applaud us. The guy makes in a year what DeGuzman makes in a week.

I'm not sure what the team will do after the Columbus game, or at the last game at BMO field for the season against Arabe Unido. I'd like to think they'll all come out and thank us for our support.

I'd also hope that we'll hold down our feelings about individual players and applaud as strongly as we can for them, because, as supporters, it's what we do.

Or are the words to the songs we sing just empty noises?

So you're pissed off with ML$E? Fine...protest all you like with banners...the players understand.

But when you boo, you hurt the honest, decent players out there like Dan Gargan, who applauds you. The very least you can do is to acknowledge the guts he showed by chanting his name. Nothing fancy, but he needs to hear it.

And so does every player who headed for the dressing room as soon as the whistle came that ended the game.

Especially them.

I boo'd for the first time in D.C United. But last night was not the right place to boo, atleast not for me. I don't really take it personal if someone else felt better by booing. Last night I thought the team played their hearts out. I don't boo good effort and they deserved our support last night.

DC United was a whole different story.

ACSertL
09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
http://resources.sportingo.com/gallery/Getty-Images/Football/Marc-van-Bommel_270x200.jpg

Mark Van Bommel has spoken.

maninb
09-29-2010, 10:21 AM
JDG running around like a chicken with it's head cut off....pathetic....for every good play he makes, he does 3 bad ones....RSL was so much bigger and stronger than us, with the exception of Nana and Cann...they were brushing our midfielders off like flies...

Darlofletch
09-29-2010, 10:23 AM
agree with sulfur about the entertainment, It has been more entertaining at times, but not in any way that I'm happy about or would want to see continue. the attitude is there but not really the skill or the strategy, at the end of the san jose game, 6 people in the box including both cb's, sure it's exciting, but it's a very blunt way of trying to score, it'll get you a few goalmoth scrambles and such like. Since dasovic took over, we've used peterson a lot better, but that's about it, have we seen any great increase in intelligent attacking football, and chances created? i don't think i have.

as far as dasovic is concerned, It would be incredibly short sighted to have judged him either way on the end of this season, if we've done really well or if we'd shat the bed, i wouldn't expect either way to be the norm going forward.

I'd rather he didn't get the head coach job, as an assistant, i'd be fine with it, but I hope the new gm, whoever it may be makes that decision with no interference.

Darlofletch
09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
the boys gave it everything lastnight,just a lack of talent.
dero and julian worked there asses off yesterday.
we never get a break,a cheap pk or a fluke goal wtf.

what happened when we played in rsl? dasovic's first game. cheap goal. unfortunately we had white up front so couldn't take advantage of other chances and let them back into the game, but we did get that break.

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 10:26 AM
JDG running around like a chicken with it's head cut off....pathetic....for every good play he makes, he does 3 bad ones....RSL was so much bigger and stronger than us, with the exception of Nana and Cann...they were brushing our midfielders off like flies...

This was your opinion of JDG last night? I don't know, to me JDG was nothing short of incredible last night. He was all over the place, actually winning balls and I don't remember a single bad pass from him. He played like he was hungry and he played like he wanted it. I'm goin to go ahead and say he was the best player on the pitch on both teams. RSL wasn't very good last night.

I don't know, maybe this is how I sound to other people when I think he had a terrible game and they think he had an amazing game. One thing is for sure, JDG polarizes fans. :D

maninb
09-29-2010, 10:37 AM
This was your opinion of JDG last night? I don't know, to me JDG was nothing short of incredible last night. He was all over the place, actually winning balls and I don't remember a single bad pass from him. He played like he was hungry and he played like he wanted it. I'm goin to go ahead and say he was the best player on the pitch on both teams. RSL wasn't very good last night.

I don't know, maybe this is how I sound to other people when I think he had a terrible game and they think he had an amazing game. One thing is for sure, JDG polarizes fans. :D

There had to be 10-12 times where a RSL player ran past JDG WITH THE BALL and he didn't even ATTEMPT a tackle...was it lack of effort? Not sure...but to me he looked like a frightened little kid...his tackling is ABSOLUTELY pathetic when faced with bigger opponents...In the Cruz game he seemed fine, so I know he can do it...but for a DM he's a waste of space most of the time...Best player??? Nana and Cann were head and shoulders above him...

Wull
09-29-2010, 10:54 AM

There had to be 10-12 times where a RSL player ran past JDG WITH THE BALL and he didn't even ATTEMPT a tackle...was it lack of effort? Not sure...but to me he looked like a frightened little kid...his tackling is ABSOLUTELY pathetic when faced with bigger opponents...In the Cruz game he seemed fine, so I know he can do it...but for a DM he's a waste of space most of the time...Best player??? Nana and Cann were head and shoulders above him...

I'm in between, I saw more good from him than I'm used to but he was letting people drift by a lot and again some of his passes were atrocious. Tackling was much improved and he was making him self available further forward too

Limani_Ole
09-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Its hard to evaluate players when there isnt a system.. and TFC has never had a one.. you could bring some of the best players in the world and they will look like crap.. because there is no coordination or system to play in..

you can be JDG and try to do it all.. but you'll end up tired and looking like sht.. then some dudes will say your running around like a chicken without a head..

so its cheap to call players crap.. ie Cunningham.. because when they play with a team that has a system.. all of a sudden they are superstars..

maninb
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Its hard to evaluate players when there isnt a system.. and TFC has never had a one.. you could bring some of the best players in the world and they will look like crap.. because there is no coordination or system to play in..

you can be JDG and try to do it all.. but you'll end up tired and looking like sht.. then some dudes will say your running around like a chicken without a head..

so its cheap to call players crap.. ie Cunningham.. because when they play with a team that has a system.. all of a sudden they are superstars..

well said...but IMO JDG will NEVER be very good in MLS because of his size....MLS players are much bigger than those in Spain and Latin America...JDG's tackling ability against bigger opponents is terrible...but just looking at at the 2 Cruz Azul games he more than held his own and did quite well....and I still stick by my point that he looked scared at times last night...

jloome
09-29-2010, 11:32 AM

Roogsy, I actually agree with you, for the most part, about DeRo.

But Voodoo was right! He's not a midfield general. he had the odd good pass last night, but he's an in-the-hold attacker or a striker. He has THREE assists this year.

And, in case you didn't notice, he didn't take a shot at DeRo. You're just reading that into it (literally: it's not there) because you two have been bitching at each other for two months.

Play him as a striker. As a connecting player, he is not valuable to us. As a scorer, he is.

jloome
09-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Man, I don't know what game you were watching. He had ONE incident where a player blew by him. Other than that, he was the dominant player on the pitch by a mile.

Seriously, that's nuts.

maninb
09-29-2010, 11:53 AM
^ I dare you to cite ONE EXAMPLE of where JDG won an INDIVIDUAL tackle and took the ball off an opposing player...Hell even my girlfriend who knows little about the game was pointing out how easy it was for RSL to blow right by our central midfield...If it wasn't for Nana and Cann getting stuck in at the edge of 18 yd box we'd have been slaughtered...

Wull
09-29-2010, 12:54 PM
^ I dare you to cite ONE EXAMPLE of where JDG won an INDIVIDUAL tackle and took the ball off an opposing player...Hell even my girlfriend who knows little about the game was pointing out how easy it was for RSL to blow right by our central midfield...If it wasn't for Nana and Cann getting stuck in at the edge of 18 yd box we'd have been slaughtered...

first half, near the NEE he practically burst a gut then almost blew the other guy out of the water, took the ball then made a (backward) pass to a teammate (yes, i was shocked to see all 3 at once too!)

SirBobSaget
09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
first half, near the NEE he practically burst a gut then almost blew the other guy out of the water, took the ball then made a (backward) pass to a teammate (yes, i was shocked to see all 3 at once too!)

Plus he drew 2 yellows. He was creating havoc all over the midfield blocking passing lanes. Its hard to cite exactly his big moment because he does doesnt do highlite real type plays. But wins loose balls, pressures players and provides outlet targets.

The only screw up pass I can remember is trying to lead Dero down the sideline late 2nd half, it was off and rolled out, then he was booed.

For all the love Attakora and Gargan get I dont really recall them doing anything exceptional, Attakaro booted the ball out of bounds 3 consecutive times around the 89 min mark when he should have forced the ball upfield instead. Gargan just hangs around in the centre, if he ever gets the ball in or around the box he dribbles around with his head down then gets closed down by 3 defenders and loses it. There was a good example of this 2nd half.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Roogsy, I actually agree with you, for the most part, about DeRo.

But Voodoo was right! He's not a midfield general. he had the odd good pass last night, but he's an in-the-hold attacker or a striker. He has THREE assists this year.

And, in case you didn't notice, he didn't take a shot at DeRo. You're just reading that into it (literally: it's not there) because you two have been bitching at each other for two months.

Play him as a striker. As a connecting player, he is not valuable to us. As a scorer, he is.

LOL! Could be...could be...

The only point I would make about the assists Jeremy is that for all we know he could have 10 assists this year, but are the players he is passing to burying their chances?

I have never really looked them up but what are his assist numbers in previous season elsewhere?

I look at the TFC club stats and the top assists is Gargan I believe? Sitting at 4. 3 doesn't look that bad on this squad and frankly that is a sad thing to realize.

Roogsy
09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I thought JDG had a great game. I think his time here is tarnished though. That albatross of a contract is going to taint everything he does. Unless he single-handedly wins games for us, he will never be able to justify it and that is an impossible reality for him to reach.

Wull
09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I thought JDG had a great game. I think his time here is tarnished though. That albatross of a contract is going to taint everything he does. Unless he single-handedly wins games for us, he will never be able to justify it and that is an impossible reality for him to reach.

I think by being the 2nd best DM in the league (after Marquez) he could turn it around. He has to stop shitting out of tackles, getting dumped on his ass and letting people run past him with little to no hustle or attempts at stopping them. Last night there were flashes of this but the odd time he'd revert to form. We all need/want him to live up to his billing so I think it's on him to make us forget about it.

JonO
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Any follow up on the bump on Santos' noggin? It probably wasn't too serious, but damn did that swell up quickly

alex andrew
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
... and I'm still stunned that anybody on this forum is so absolutely stupid as to refer to that play as an own goal.
story.

not stupid, but absolutely stupid, hahaha, always thought of me as being uber smart, but hey, then al gore invented the internet and oops !

ok, he is very small and afraid of the ball.

remember him in the wall ?

there are also at least 3 goals allowed, i won't say 177, when he braced the post at corner kicks.

why ? he is 4 feet tall, and when he jumps he's 3 !!!!

it's only playing macho, hey boys, i'll watch the post, but when the ball comes he grins in agony and shuts his eyes.

he avoids every header at midfield , and when he sees the ball up in the sky, at 6 feet altitude, he jumps vertically, eyes closed and fingers crossed.

but he doesn't cross 'em well enough.

Blizzard
09-29-2010, 05:34 PM
not stupid, but absolutely stupid, hahaha, always thought of me as being uber smart, but hey, then al gore invented the internet and oops !

ok, he is very small and afraid of the ball.

remember him in the wall ?

there are also at least 3 goals allowed, i won't say 177, when he braced the post at corner kicks.

why ? he is 4 feet tall, and when he jumps he's 3 !!!!

it's only playing macho, hey boys, i'll watch the post, but when the ball comes he grins in agony and shuts his eyes.

he avoids every header at midfield , and when he sees the ball up in the sky, at 6 feet altitude, he jumps vertically, eyes closed and fingers crossed.

but he doesn't cross 'em well enough.

Hey, I didn't say he was perfect. He has strong points and weak points like any other player.

My comment was aimed only at the contention that he scored an own goal last night. He actually came within a whisker of making a miraculous save.
When a player gets to a ball that is going into the net and attempts to stop it going into the net, it obviously cannot be considered an own goal if he can't stop it.

If we were to think that way, any time a keeper gets a hand to a ball and it goes in, that would be an own goal too! Obviously it isn't.

nfitz
09-29-2010, 05:49 PM
I love all this complaining that started so soon after the end of the game, that it makes me wonder how many of those whose location says Toronto were at the game ...

Here's a question; why did Red Patch Boys not have a capo yesterday - and instead were going to use the podium to store a banner.

alex andrew
09-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey, I didn't say he was perfect. He has strong points and weak points like any other player.

My comment was aimed only at the contention that he scored an own goal last night. He actually came within a whisker of making a miraculous save.

i wonder if he volunteered for that scheme or it was a well repeated play that went wrong.

i think it was his ideea, as i think all his watching the post are.

he can run but that is all, he is scared of the ball.

it happens everytime when he plays spiderman.

at 4 feet tall and afraid to head it, what was he expecting exactly ?

he didn't even have the guts to handball it.

anyway, the coach and the players should know perfectly what to do in that situation.

ok, decisive game, free kick, 20 yards lateral left, they have three potential shooters, what options do we have ?

one, two, three, four.

ok, who does what ?

i do !!!

but why ? the only player scared of the ball ? probably because he's fast.

you don't do stunts like these on your own, so my problem is, did conway ask for it ? did daso ? did nana and cann ? why de guzman and not a taller gent ? or a braver one ?

nobuzz
09-29-2010, 06:17 PM

Um, he did handball it, he was lucky not to get a card for it.

alex andrew
09-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Um, he did handball it, he was lucky not to get a card for it.

yeah...no football, no handball, no headball, just a measly 17 hundred thousand a year.

( listening to dero's 100 per cent crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

(( power off, he sucks ! ))

jazzy
09-29-2010, 06:59 PM

How come noone realises this?.....their huge #4 and Warner, just play rugby out their......unfortunately this MLS......where lack of skill and bodychecks seem legal now at least against TFC

v00d00daddy
09-29-2010, 09:49 PM
LOL! Could be...could be...

The only point I would make about the assists Jeremy is that for all we know he could have 10 assists this year, but are the players he is passing to burying their chances?

I have never really looked them up but what are his assist numbers in previous season elsewhere?

I look at the TFC club stats and the top assists is Gargan I believe? Sitting at 4. 3 doesn't look that bad on this squad and frankly that is a sad thing to realize.

lol...Roogsy..your instinct was bang on. That was a shot at DeRo. lol

More often than not he passes as a last ditch desperate act, when he's got no other options. Even then he sometimes just decides to put his head down and see what will happen if he tries to smash a ball through 3 defenders.

That being said...it was an indirect shot at DeRo. It's not his fault that he's not a midfield general. It's not his job to be one.

We genuinely need a Guevara type player and just because DeRo is not that type of player it doesn't mean that he's shit. He's just not a distributor of the ball.

btw..if he's looking for more assists maybe he should start laying the ball off into open spaces for teammates to make runs on to, instead of firing volleys from 40 yards out or trying to take on every player he sees.

as for those of you who found that game entertaining......all I can say is that I disagree.

Pachuco
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
i wonder if he volunteered for that scheme or it was a well repeated play that went wrong.

i think it was his ideea, as i think all his watching the post are.

he can run but that is all, he is scared of the ball.

it happens everytime when he plays spiderman.

at 4 feet tall and afraid to head it, what was he expecting exactly ?

anyway, the coach and the players should know perfectly what to do in that situation.

ok, decisive game, free kick, 20 yards lateral left, they have three potential shooters, what options do we have ?

one, two, three, four.

ok, who does what ?

i do !!!

but why ? the only player scared of the ball ? probably because he's fast.

you don't do stunts like these on your own, so my problem is, did conway ask for it ? did daso ? did nana and cann ? why de guzman and not a taller gent ? or a braver one ?

He did the same thing twice against Real Salt Lake. I had noticed in that game that he was trying this stuff. I personally think it's a retarted play, but I'm not sure it's JDG coming up with it on his own. I wonder if the new coach has him trying something new. At the end of the day I think it's stupid to risk breaking up the wall and also risk De Guzman getting in the way of the goal keeper. I realize on this particular play Conway didn't even seem to move, but the shot wasn't all that hard and some goal keepers can get to that ball if they read it properly. In my mind the keeper always has a better chance of getting that then a short guy running backwards off the wall.

The Mask
09-30-2010, 01:05 AM
I think im actually going to sit down the whole next game

Glenchen29
10-03-2010, 07:20 AM
I counted 65 people in the north stands, nice turn out!

BASE
10-03-2010, 09:49 AM
[quote=Wull;1141675]I think by being the 2nd best DM in the league (after Marquez) he could quote]

Do you even watch other MLS games to make such an bs bold statement?
Just look at Kyle Beckerman on RSL for what you get for a tenth of the price - by far the best player in the league at the position. And he has an MLS Cup to prove it!!!

Auzzy
10-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I counted 65 people in the north stands, nice turn out!

Well, that proves what a good idea it is, that TFC is raising the ticket prices for the North Stand by 27.5% for next season... :facepalm:

sulfur
10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Just look at Kyle Beckerman on RSL for what you get for a tenth of the price
Beckerman plays more of a creative midfielder role for RSL, similar to what Joseph does. Of the two, Joseph is the more "defensive" midfielder.

There is no question that both are highly skilled at a fraction the price though! :)