PDA

View Full Version : TFC v RSL Pregame/Match thread

TOBOR !
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Is anyone going to the game ?

BeerBaron95
09-27-2010, 11:01 PM
seems not many ppl are going with all the tickets on the Ticket Trader :facepalm:.

Joe Kool
09-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Hope people are going....I am doing my best to make it but I have some pretty screwed up circumstances that might keep me away unfortunately. They are calling for 60% chance of showers now in the evening so that may keep some fairweather fans that are sitting on the fence. It won't deter the hardcore supporters though I am sure.

DichioTFC
09-27-2010, 11:07 PM
What? There's a game approaching?

@Tobor, change the title of your post to reflect that this is the official-pregame / match thread

Red Rat
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
will head out just to have fun and sip a Martini with DeRo

rr

TFCRegina
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
11 De Ros will take the field! Mark my words. And we'll win because of it.

DichioTFC
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
11 De Ros will take the field! Mark my words. And we'll never see a pass because of it.

/fixed :D

TFCRegina
09-27-2010, 11:25 PM
/fixed :D

No seen passes means I don't have to groan in agony every time we aimlessly pass the ball to the other side.

rocker
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
I'll be there.. I wanna see some more De Ro field goals, slips, and offsides.

DichioTFC
09-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm hoping DeRo makes a gesture *worth* talking about.

After he scores to make the score 3-1 RSL, he should celebrate CFL style. He should run to the locker room, get a table a few chairs and his agent, bring it all on the field, and pretend to negotiate a new deal.... its all about being subtle

BeerBaron95
09-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I'll be there.. I wanna see some more De Ro field goals, slips, and offsides.

Field goals are very common for him... He should be kicking for my Raiders... Janikowski shit the bed yesterday and cost us the game:D

TOBOR !
09-28-2010, 04:47 AM
I was half-joking seeing that there was no talk of it. I began to doubt whether there was a game at all.

menefreghista
09-28-2010, 06:33 AM
I wonder if the attendance for this game will look like Canada v Peru.

Number Nine
09-28-2010, 06:38 AM
There's been so much negative shit going on, DeRo's antics, us virtually getting eliminated from the playoffs, but I really hope the hardcore supporters come out for this one. I'm bring a buddy today (TFC virgin), and I want to show him what it's all about. I don't care if the rest of the stadium is empty, but I just want the south end (+NNE) to be ROCKING! I mean, playoffs may be gone, but we're still in this competition; I hope 2 wins at home isn't THAT farfetched for you all.

Ricky_Portugal
09-28-2010, 06:55 AM
i'm taking a few people to the game today my new girlfriend whose never been and my best friend and his son for his sons birthday kinda sucks i'm in the north end tonight

Number Nine
09-28-2010, 06:57 AM
i'm taking a few people to the game today my new girlfriend whose never been and my best friend and his son for his sons birthday kinda sucks i'm in the north end tonight

North end? Ill make sure to wave to you from the south end. It'll be hard to see you, with the immense crowd that always congregates in the north end curing CCL games. :)

Fort York Redcoat
09-28-2010, 07:09 AM
I wonder if the attendance for this game will look like Canada v Peru.

What 60% of the crowd will be Salt Lake fans that live in Canada?

I'm hoping everyone will change their mind and get to the game to see DeRo. They've gotta cheque him out.

H Bomb
09-28-2010, 07:20 AM

I'm hoping everyone will change their mind and get to the game to see DeRo. They've gotta cheque him out.

not bad for 8 in the morning.

Ricky_Portugal
09-28-2010, 07:21 AM

hey pete stop peteing off :D:D:D:D

GBV
09-28-2010, 07:27 AM

I perdict 10,000. Maybe.

And ML$E in their heads will just blindly blare "Blame it on the rain."

I'm not spending a single penny there tonight. Not a one.

daner90
09-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Well tonight is an opportunity to potentially salvage something from this season but I find it tough to be positive we can get the W we need....
I will be there

Oldtimer
09-28-2010, 07:38 AM
I'll be there.

wzhxvy
09-28-2010, 07:44 AM
I will be there but when I got up this morning I have to admit (for the first time in a long time) I was questioning if I wanted to make it down there in the rain, traffic, juggling work and life prioritiesetc. No excuse obviously but this team is wearing on me vs. in the past when I got up and the game was to be the highlight of my day.

GBV
09-28-2010, 07:47 AM
^ I feel the same.

menefreghista
09-28-2010, 07:52 AM

LOL. I meant the numbers.

But that was good.

Section 117
09-28-2010, 07:53 AM
My brother sent me text asking me if we are going to game.

My response was that even an option?? I don't give a rats ass about the the weather or how fucked up management is. They will always be my team and I will always support them...

ManUtd4ever
09-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Today has to be the most depressing game day in TFC history. Supporter resentment is at an all time high and expectations are at an all time low. The message boards are laden with posts mocking our best player. DeRo is learning the hard way that one error in judgment can have severe consequences when you are a high profile professional athlete.

I can only hope that amidst all the negative publicity surrounding the team at the moment that the players can somehow find a sense of motivation to perform well tonight. The CONCACAF Champions League is all they have left to play for, and if nothing else, an upset victory over RSL tonight would give supporters a sense of optimism during the most tumultuous period in franchise history...

RedsYNWA
09-28-2010, 08:17 AM
I'll be there .It's the LAST CHANCE for TFC to salvage something out of this season......but If they lay down and die, the Season is over for me. If this team does not try, I will not try to renew my seats

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 08:26 AM
We've all been negative on the boards and I've been just as negative as everyone else...

But as soon as those XI wearing the crest come on to the field, the negativity stops. We have all pre-game and all post-game to be negative, those 90 minutes are for the guys wearing our colours, our jersey and playing for our team and our city.

Fuck that, tonight, they're representing our country and for that *alone*, the negativity stops at 8pm.

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 08:27 AM
^ Feel free to restart the negativity at 10pm :D

Roogsy
09-28-2010, 08:29 AM

Maybe mormons cheer for RSL? :noidea:

:D

Carts
09-28-2010, 08:31 AM

Not gonna lie - as of right now, I ain't going...

Carts...

pekduck
09-28-2010, 08:32 AM
rain or shine, i'll be there

rain brings out better performances as it tends to cool down people's mind

David_Oliveira
09-28-2010, 08:37 AM
I'll be there. Unfortunately, I'll be with the prawnies tonight first row 123. Not my usual thing but when you win tickets, it doesn't really matter where you sit... What am I kidding. I hate having to sit during the game. Bring it boys. It is now more important than ever to bring it. FUCK EVERY SINGLE PLAYER If you wish!!! Come for the crest not the players. Players are here one day and gone the other. THE TEAM will always be here. The players represent us at this time. Come not for the players but the crest they play for

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 08:37 AM
In Detroit right now. Will be at BMO in 10.5 hours at the top of 110 cheering my ass off

Number Nine
09-28-2010, 08:40 AM
In Detroit right now. Will be at BMO in 10.5 hours at the top of 110 cheering my ass off

That's what I like to hear! I want a raucous crowd, I don't care about attendance as long as hardcores are loud. Too much negativity lately, I just want to stand in the rain and cheer my ass off.

__wowza
09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I perdict 10,000. Maybe.

And ML$E in their heads will just blindly blare "Blame it on the rain."

I'm not spending a single penny there tonight. Not a one.

http://www.crapfromthepast.com/millivanilli/blameitontherainsleevefront.jpg

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 08:54 AM
http://www.crapfromthepast.com/millivanilli/blameitontherainsleevefront.jpg

LOL this was the first album that I *ever* bought!!! Oh, I'm so ashamed of 5 year-old DichioTFC
:facepalm:

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Maybe mormons cheer for RSL? :noidea:

:D

We only have 1 wife...
We only have 1 wife...

TFC_Junky
09-28-2010, 08:55 AM
I'll be there! Tonight needs to be LOUD, playoffs may be out of the picture now but advancing to the next round of champs league isn't!

Redpunkfiddle
09-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Sorry to say, but I have to respect Salt Lake's commitment to this tournement- playing full strength squads , resting starters in league game for this one. We better put a good squad out and have a battle.

I was working on Saturday and admit I didn't rush down to the stadium for the second half but just checked into a bar to watch our zany little team in comfort.

But tonight's a different book- our Concacafian nights. The magic of international competition (fine, against Salt Lake but...). The closest thing to a playoff we game we'll see. And it's raining. I actually can't wait.

pekduck
09-28-2010, 09:03 AM
sooooooooooo....

Is Nana Attakora starting then?

mastermixer
09-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Guys gotta show up... I think this game is huge!

If we can get by RSL tonight and get a win against those weasly Arabe Unidos then we get to see more football in February! And by then this may be a very different team then the one we will see tonight!

Carts
09-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Guys gotta show up... I think this game is huge!

If we can get by RSL tonight and get a win against those weasly Arabe Unidos then we get to see more football in February! And by then this may be a very different team then the one we will see tonight!

Don't we need help, even if we win both...?

I'm lost on the scenarios - actually I just really suck at math! :)

Carts...

Carts
09-28-2010, 09:19 AM
LOL this was the first album that I *ever* bought!!! Oh, I'm so ashamed of 5 year-old DichioTFC

I think I taped that song on my boombox...

I guess that was the 80's version of downloading songs illegally... LOL

Carts...

Fort York Redcoat
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Concacafian nights. The magic of international competition (fine, against Salt Lake but...). The closest thing to a playoff we game we'll see. And it's raining. I actually can't wait.

:rofl:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!

Well said Punky!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

TFCDP
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
I'll be there loud and proud in 112... Although I'm not very optimistic for a result tonight.. I just hope we can fill the SE corner with nothing but diehards..

mastermixer
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't we need help, even if we win both...?

I'm lost on the scenarios - actually I just really suck at math! :)

Carts...

Yes we would need help. But all we would need is either RSL or Cruz to lose against eachother in the final game. If they tie we are done (which is very possible considering they play after us :facepalm:)

TFCDP
09-28-2010, 09:23 AM
It's my understanding that if we win our last 2 games then all we need is a winner in the CA vs RSL game... just can't be a tie.. could be wrong

Number Nine
09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I'll be there loud and proud in 112... Although I'm not very optimistic for a result tonight.. I just hope we can fill the SE corner with nothing but diehards..

Yes, I'm a little off, at the back of 114. BUT, I want the entire south end filled up and loud! After that, I don't care. There's something to be said about diehards standing, cheering, all in unison, in the rain. And CHEER we MUST!

DangerRed
09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
For the first time, it feels like I'm dragging myself out to BMO. FIFA 11 came out today and I honestly would rather spend the evening playing that game than watching this one.

I predict about 10,000 quiet, rain-soaked people.

And my buddy and I agreed on a full boycot, so not a penny spent at BMO beyond the price of admission.

DichioTFC
09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
About the rain:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hourlyfx/caon0696/hourlytable/1?ref=qlink_obs_hourly

Looks like it should be ending around 8.

Number Nine
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
For the first time, it feels like I'm dragging myself out to BMO. FIFA 11 came out today and I honestly would rather spend the evening playing that game than watching this one.

I predict about 10,000 quiet, rain-soaked people.

And my buddy and I agreed on a full boycot, so not a penny spent at BMO beyond the price of admission.

10,000? Yeah, about right, but hopefully not quiet. Lol, FIFA 11, TFC, manager mode, I'm gonna build the team the way it SHOULD be built. I know it's hasn't been implemented, but imagine, DP rules, salary cap, CONACAF? It would be pretty cool.

TOBOR !
09-28-2010, 09:42 AM

^ this guy is the champ. Win. Every time.

flatpicker
09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Of course I will be there.
The CCL represents our last bit of hope for this year.
Why would I miss that?

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 09:54 AM

First album I bought was Alabama's Greatest Hits Volume 3... :picard:

Pachuco
09-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I'll be there. And coming prepared to chant and scream my balls off today. If I see Peterson miss another heart breaking breakaway though then this is most likely my final home game of the season.

maninb
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
We'll be there...last chance to salvage something from the season...Come on you REDS!!

daner90
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Alright let's talk line-ups.
I say we try and score right out of the gate, be aggressive, be be aggressive!!
Let's use the wonderful 4-3-3

--------Mista---------
Santos-----------Barrett
-----Dero------Labrocca
--------JDG-------------
Gargan-Cann-Attakora-Whoever

Super
09-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Rainy day, but what's a little wet weather vs. the potential of making the next round in the CCL? See you at the stadium!

Darlofletch
09-28-2010, 10:32 AM
absolutely going to be there. not a question for me, this is all we've got left now. The columbus game and the arabe unido game if we're out, those ones I'll ask myself the question, I 'll probably come anyway, but there'll be a bit of internal debate.

Hopefully the anthem goes off well this time, the motagua game, it was great and the atmosphere really kicked off from there, from my vantage point in 227, I could see much more of the south end involved than usual.

cruz azul, it all went wrong, fortunately the team scored early to get things going, but i doubt we can rely on that.

as for line ups, is anyone suspended? if not I'd go with

barrett-------Santos------Captain chequebook
---overpaid dp 1-----overpaid dp 2
--------------saric-----------------
gargan----Cann-----Nana----Usanov
-------------Frei-------------------

Hopefully get an earlyish goal, and then be able to go a bit more defensive and control the game from there, if we go down early, i can see us desperately chasing the game and getting burned repeatedly on the counter attack.

fun fact, rsl have never scored at Bmo field.

Section 117
09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Daro - Saric is injured

Auzzy
09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
It's my understanding that if we win our last 2 games then all we need is a winner in the CA vs RSL game... just can't be a tie.. could be wrong

Not sure about the exact order of the tiebreakers. But I think if we beat RSL by 3-0 tonight -- or 4-0, or 5-1, 6-2 etc :D -- then we control our own destiny. In that case, as long as we win against Arabe in the last game, a tie between RSL & CA wouldn't hurt us. Right???

So, DeRo with 4 assists tonight & all is forgiven. ;) ;)

Darlofletch
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Daro - Saric is injured

good point, I guess bring peterson in, he's looked decent as a winger recently, if not a goalscorer. move de guzman back to the dm spot.

barrett-------Santos------Captain chequebook
---overpaid dp 2-----Peterson------
--------------Overpad dp 1-----------------
gargan----Cann-----Nana----Usanov
-------------Frei-------------------

C.Ronaldo
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
^ because the other sections are snoozeville when its raining

we arent allowed to stand, so we sit in a pool of water freezing the nads off

billyfly
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
RAIN

billyfly
09-28-2010, 10:59 AM
SUN

Wtf?

Super
09-28-2010, 11:00 AM
^ because the other sections are snoozeville when its raining

we arent allowed to stand, so we sit in a pool of water freezing the nads off

Then sneak into the south end. At least there we can jump up and down and keep warm that way. We have a shot at advancement in the Champions League, and people aren't going because of rain?

Super
09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
win!

Stencils
09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I'll be there. Cold, annoyed at MLSE, and (this is the important bit) there.

JamboAl
09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
I just flew through some crappy turbulence and switched a business meeting to tomorrow afternoon back home to be there tonight. I'll be at the top of 110 with DichioTFC and the Buffalo brigade. No excuses locals!

Carts
09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Its sunny and Yonge/Dundas Square right now...

Weird ass weather... Maybe its a sign!

Canada72
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Not sure about the exact order of the tiebreakers. But I think if we beat RSL by 3-0 tonight -- or 4-0, or 5-1, 6-2 etc :D -- then we control our own destiny. In that case, as long as we win against Arabe in the last game, a tie between RSL & CA wouldn't hurt us. Right???

So, DeRo with 4 assists tonight & all is forgiven. ;) ;)

Right, if we win 3-0 or 4-1 or win by four and win against Arabe we are through.

At this point we still control our own destiny so lets win 3-0 tonight!!!

Red Rat
09-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Its sunny and Yonge/Dundas Square right now...

Weird ass weather... Maybe its a sign!

Bolt of lighting over BMO, is a sign..

Chubbs
09-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Looks like RSL had some issues getting to town and couldn't train last night:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/training-troubles

I can't wait till 8! Rain or shine!

Technorgasm
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Im goin.

Red Rat
09-28-2010, 11:35 AM
“They have already made the playoffs so they want this tournament badly now,” said Toronto FC Interim Head Coach Nick Dasovic. “They have an interesting game against Cruz Azul as the last match in the group stage, so we know they will come here wanting to go for a win.”

We will take money for the game, shit why not DeRo needs it.
MLSE will take a mill for it

rr

Auzzy
09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Right, if we win 3-0 or 4-1 or win by four and win against Arabe we are through.

At this point we still control our own destiny so lets win 3-0 tonight!!!

Not sure if 4-1 would be good enough necessarily, because then we would be tied head-to-head with RSL & another tie breaker (total goals???) might come into play??? I think 3-0 or win by four might be safer...

09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Not sure if 4-1 would be good enough necessarily, because then we would be tied head-to-head with RSL & another tie breaker (total goals???) might come into play??? I think 3-0 or win by four might be safer...

If we win 4-1 tonight, then we need a 2 goal victory on Oct 19th.
(the 2 goal victory would give us a better tournament goal diff than RSL, which is the 4th tie-breaker).

A 3-0 win tonight + any win on the 19th puts us through.
A four goal victory + any win on the 19th puts us through.
Dropped points by Cruz Azul tonight plus 2 x TFC wins puts us through.
A RSL win OR Cruz Azul win on the 19th plus 2 x TFC wins puts us through.
A TFC W-D and a Cruz Azul L-L puts us through

P-NUTZ
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
im going rain or shine because i go to every game these retards play at home.

Number Nine
09-28-2010, 12:22 PM
I just want a win. RSL is not a team that we're very likely to run the score against. 3-0, 4-1, it'd be nice, and miracles do happen. A win will keep us in the hunt, and it's what I'm hoping for. They need to run hard, string some passes, and play some attacking football, which they haven't shown for any sustained period this season. I'll have higher hopes for running up the score against those spineless Panamanians.

Dbl_D
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM

--------Mista---------
Santos-----------Barrett
-----Dero------Labrocca
--------JDG-------------

I'm with ya... whoever I think (dare I say it) Garcia, although Harden gets into the box much better but Garcia crosses much better...

comon on you Reds... this is the money game... if you all want to be paid you'd better step up over these last two CCL games or look for a new career... esp JDG, Dero, & Mista...

rocker
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
OK, so if TFC wins the next two (no matter what score), and RSL beats Cruz Azul and Cruz Azul beats Arabe, RSL goes through by winning the group and TFC goes through second on head to head points against Cruz Azul, correct?

maninb
09-28-2010, 12:52 PM

--------Mista---------
Santos-----------Barrett
-----Dero------Labrocca
--------JDG-------------

I like that line-up...put Harden at RB...and for fuck sake don't let Garcia near the pitch!

09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
OK, so if TFC wins the next two (no matter what score), and RSL beats Cruz Azul and Cruz Azul beats Arabe, RSL goes through by winning the group and TFC goes through second on head to head points against Cruz Azul, correct?

Yes. If we win both games and ANYONE wins the Cruz / RSL game, we're through with the winner of that game.

alex andrew
09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
garcia is the only one that knows what defence means.

my two cents.

09-28-2010, 01:11 PM

Or if we win both games and Cruz Azul doesn't win tonight, we're through.

BS1327
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM
If Cruz Azul lose to Arabe Unido, and beat Salt Lake, with us winning both our games, do we come out top of the group??? :p

Not that I care how we get out, just as long as we do :scarf:

billyfly
09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Gonna try real hard to buy NO BEER tonight.

09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
If Cruz Azul lose to Arabe Unido, and beat Salt Lake, with us winning both our games, do we come out top of the group??? :p

Not that I care how we get out, just as long as we do :scarf:

Yes Sir! We'd both finish with 10 points, and we'd hold the tiebreaker (4 points earned head to head vs. Cruz's 1 point earned head to head)

Torontotonto
09-28-2010, 01:24 PM
We'll be there.
It could possible be our last meaningful game this year, hope not...

Come on you REDS

:flare::drum::scarf::drum::flare:

Canada72
09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
(the 2 goal victory would give us a better tournament goal diff than RSL, which is the 4th tie-breaker).

117 - you are definitely the authority on the group standings, did you major in math or just enjoy crunching numbers?

What is the possiblilty of (in percentage) a "A TFC W-D and a Cruz Azul L-L puts us through"?

09-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Just enjoy crunching numbers. We do a lot of "what if" scenarios in tv.

I wouldn't put my money on that last scenario!! haha.

ManUtd4ever
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the comprehensive analysis. I think this scenario is our only realistic shot at advancing...

P-NUTZ
09-28-2010, 02:13 PM
isnt there a losing situation that would allow a final RSl vs CRUZ tie to knock us out? because they would play to that if needed.

Darlofletch
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
yep, if we win and CA wins, then they get to play their game after we've played ours, and potentially can play out a very polite draw to make sure they both go through.

TOBOR !
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm curious to see what kind of mood Dero will be in tonight.

P-NUTZ
09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
PIGS!

rocker
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
yep, if we win and CA wins, then they get to play their game after we've played ours, and potentially can play out a very polite draw to make sure they both go through.

Does Real seem like a team that would do that though?

From what I've seen of Jason Kreis's coaching, he's not gonna settle for a tie to help out Mexicans.

rocker
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM

MORE CHEQUE SIGNINGS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 :facepalm:

alex andrew
09-28-2010, 02:25 PM
i wonder if he starts !

Red Rat
09-28-2010, 02:25 PM

bitching as hell, he will take some gravol to solve the problem..

rr

Gazza
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
I'll be there in the 35th minute, when the rest of the crowd decides to take their seats.

Darlofletch
09-28-2010, 03:26 PM
MORE CHEQUE SIGNINGS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 :facepalm:

In the big de ro thread, someone said they wished tfc had a jimmy bullard, referencing when he made fun of Phil Brown's on pitch half time dressing down for Hull.

I'd love to see that sort of thing. whoever scores, everyone runs to the sidelines and starts writing imaginary cheques to make fun of de ro and defuse the situation. might be a bit too soon perhaps, but i'd thoroughly enjoy that. It would a)be hilarious and b) show that the players aren't pissed about this, if they ever were, which would be a good thing.

Jeffro
09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Champions League night at BMO! Everything aside I`m pumped, COME ON YOU REDS!!

rocker
09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Champions League night at BMO! Everything aside I`m pumped, COME ON YOU REDS!!

STOP THE DIRTY HIPPY!

pawlukj
09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
will this game be avaialable to watch on the concacaf website for free like last time?

billyfly
09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1x-hi_gHsqs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1x-hi_gHsqs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jloome
09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
In the big de ro thread, someone said they wished tfc had a jimmy bullard, referencing when he made fun of Phil Brown's on pitch half time dressing down for Hull.

I'd love to see that sort of thing. whoever scores, everyone runs to the sidelines and starts writing imaginary cheques to make fun of de ro and defuse the situation. might be a bit too soon perhaps, but i'd thoroughly enjoy that. It would a)be hilarious and b) show that the players aren't pissed about this, if they ever were, which would be a good thing.

Even better....take an actual cheque out and hand it to DeRo.

jloome
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
STOP THE DIRTY HIPPY!

Hate the Dirty Hippy.

Hate the Drake.

Hate the Dirty Hippy and the Drake.

Huyton
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Tic Tac Tabernacle
Who the fuck is Salt Lake

ensco
09-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm not going, but if anyone is so inclined, it'd be interesting to compare the actual attendance with announced.

When the crowd is sparse, you can actually do a pretty good headcount estimate just by eyeballing things.

There are 17 sections on the west side, 8 on the east, 7 at the south, 4 in the north. Just guess at what looks like the average number of people per section for each side, multiply it through when you get home, and you're done.

Wull
09-28-2010, 05:44 PM
I've already got two people pulled out in the last hour

Pyeddo
09-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Game is in HD on 501 (Rogers)

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM

I wonder if the other players are pissed or not . . . I still kind of am. I love De Ro but that was utter tactless bullshit, especially since they had already told him they would renegotiate at the end of the season.

He really needs to apologize to everyone.

As for this game, I sense a 0 - 0. Yay.

ag futbol
09-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I have low expectations for tonight, just hope it stays entertaining.

Looking forward to next year, tired of being negative on everything ... hopefully something good comes of this.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Looks like about 100 people in the east stand, nobody in the north, and another 100 in the west. Haven't see the south besides 111 and 112 which look about 2/3 full.

ArmenJBX
09-28-2010, 07:08 PM
pathetic attendance.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I was wrong. 110's top half looks 2/3 full, 111 looks maybe 1/3 full.

Krasno.pL.
09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
South End be Rocking on this Stream..
http://www.atdhe.net/24949/watch-toronto-fc-vs-real-salt-lake

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
South End be Rocking on this Stream..
http://www.atdhe.net/24949/watch-toronto-fc-vs-real-salt-lake

Why is there someone else talking over the commentator giving boring, useless information?

Krasno.pL.
09-28-2010, 07:12 PM
LMAO i dont know .. its freaking me out haha

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:12 PM
CA 1, Aribe 0.

Cas87
09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Line-up for TFC?
Are the academy kids in?

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Lol @ Garcia

Not a bad volley though -- wasn't too far over.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Lineup:

Conway, Usanov, Attakora, Cann, Garcia, Peterson, Gargan, de Guzman, LaBrocca, De Rosario, Maicon

dantdot
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
The guy speaking on top must be doing match tracker stuff.

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I guess . . .

It's starting to get annoying, though.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Bench for TFC:

Kocic, Hscanovics, Harden, Barrett, Mista, White, Lindsay.

dclaro
09-28-2010, 07:25 PM
woooooooooooooo

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Yeah, zoom in on Rimando

wtf?

Krasno.pL.
09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Who just scored ;) hahahaha

ArmenJBX
I hate to say I told you so, like, I really do, but...

JACOB PETERSON is the new Chad Barrett.

Call me an idiot and a dumbass before for defending him and saying we keep him. I knew this kid had it in him.

dantdot
Peterson finally showing something.

volunteer
nice petersen strike

ag futbol
There we go ...

Best goal we've seen all year? might be!

sulfur
Wow. Peterson with the goal. And they never said our little growing boy would amount to anything. :)

James17930
Wow. Peterson.

Just . . . wow. That's probably the first good touch on the ball he's made since May.

Flipityflu
Peterson

jimiv
Who just scored ;) hahahaha

:hump:

Batman
09-28-2010, 07:27 PM
There we go ...

Best goal we've seen all year? might be!

It's definitely up there.:drum:

MFG1
09-28-2010, 07:30 PM
he could have passed... i would be surprised if there was 10000 people there. oh well, Im dry at home

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Btw, the Cruz Azul came less than 30s into their game against Arabe Unido.

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I really want to see Maicon pot one.

Not get hurt.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Santos down after taking an accidental elbow from Rimando as he punched a ball away.

And wow, what a bump on his head. Wow. That's huge.

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Holy shit -- look at that fucking bump on his head.

ag futbol
holly shit, that was a good one

Krasno.pL.
"Maicon Santos" has a HUGE welt on his forehead" lmao

Here comes Barrretttaaa haha

sulfur
Barrett coming in for the injured Santos.

volunteer
09-28-2010, 07:35 PM
check out that goose egg on maicon's head

Batman
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
WOW> I've never seen as bump like that. I guess it is where the term goose egg comes from.

TFC USA
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Hey Peterson scored. I bet JimmyBaldX will tell me he's fucking great.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Kara Lang talking about Thursday's night's Canada Women v China match at BMO Field.

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Kara Lang talking about Thursday's night's Canada Women v China match at BMO Field.

I'm in love with Kara Lang. <3

Even though she's the same height as me.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:41 PM
She's one of the two on the women's team that I've always drooled over, the other being Erin McLeod, whom I had the pleasure to meet a few years back before one of their friendlies.

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Is it wrong not to be excited about this because I just assume that RSL is going to score?

Corpand
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Dont wanna jinx it, but DeGuz is bossing the mid at the moment, at least looks up for the runs and goes for the challenges.

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Argh -- trying to pass it into the net.

RealG-TFC
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
wow, peterson's giving me reasons not to hate him tonight

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
For a second there, I thought Peterson might double his TFC goal scoring tally.

He's starting to show both speed and ball skills that he's not displayed since leaving the Rapids.

James17930
09-28-2010, 07:48 PM
That had some good swerve on it.

Krasno.pL.
09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Silviuuuuuu

volunteer
09-28-2010, 07:52 PM
wtf was that jdg?

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:52 PM
1-0 at half in both games.

ArmenJBX
09-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Hey Peterson scored. I bet JimmyBaldX will tell me he's fucking great.

Seriously, enough. I never insulted you, never said anything to you that merits open mockery.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Just saw how Peterson got the ball for the goal. Conway threw it past half from the top of the 18. Wow. One hell of an assist for Conway!

TFC_Central
09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
we need 3 goals and were good. LOL

gtaguy
09-28-2010, 08:00 PM

this i support.. 100%

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Can someone stream me? I'm in a class...

ag futbol
09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Baywatch at the half: "i eat oatmeal for breakfast!"

Thanks!

ArmenJBX
09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
http://atdhe.net/24949/watch-toronto-fc-vs-real-salt-lake

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:03 PM
http://atdhe.net/24949/watch-toronto-fc-vs-real-salt-lake

Thanks.

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Wow. Peterson with the goal. And they never said our little growing boy would amount to anything. :)

He's still next to useless.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
He's still next to useless.
He's shown some really good control and movement tonight, both on and off the ball. He's playing far better than he's played in red previously.

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
He's shown some really good control and movement tonight, both on and off the ball. He's playing far better than he's played in red previously.

Even Velez had his nights.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I love it when the other team makes lazy, lethargic passes for a change :)

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:16 PM
They probably were time-wasting there, but should you really flash a card before even giving a warning?

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
JDG looking good on and off the ball.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Dreadful play by DeRo there after Rimando spilled the ball onto his foot while lying prone.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Good -- keep pressing!

Cas87
09-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Fan 590 comentator remarked that there is something with the refs when they come up here and the delay of game cards

In Mexico or Salt Lake they would get no warning the first 10 times then only warned the next 20 times.

BS reffing here. CONCACAF get guys who are the same no matter where they are for a game.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
^Although this ref has seemed pretty good otherwise -- he hasn't called any tippy-tap stuff.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Grabavoy preparing to come on for RSL, likely for Johnson. And there's the sub. For Johnson.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Johnson's pissed to be going off.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Mista on for Peterson now.

ag futbol
09-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Ok i know we all love Chad Barrett ... but Dero has sent him in on the corner of the box three our four times and he just never finds the first touch to create a chance.

The last one was a little more extreme... but the first two it was literary a slow rolling ball we should at least expect a shot from.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Fuck off -- first bad call of the night.

10k attendance. yikes.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:30 PM
And the goal to tie it up. 1-1 on a terrible foul to give up.

volunteer
nice goal kick by RSL

TFCRegina
Fuck

TFC_Central
fuck that shit.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
So another bad call leads to a goal against us.

I guess it doesn't matter if the ref only makes one during the night -- all that matters is what happens from it.

Batman
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
such a cheap foul to lead to a goal.

mclaren
09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Fuck off -- first bad call of the night.

10k attendance. yikes.

MLSE better get used to reaping what they sow.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Cruz Azul just went up 2-0.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:37 PM
wonder if Cad could have gotten a penalty by going down there.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:37 PM
OBW? Why? What good is that possibly going to do?

prizby
09-28-2010, 08:38 PM
10,581 paid attendance...jeez, and it will be 0 if tfc draw this next game

Batman
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
MLSE better get used to reaping what they sow.

no shit. It sure is a weird time to be considering expansion.

I'm sure they were expecting some backlash re: the renewals, but I bet it's a lot worse than they were expecting. A bunch of strategic errors.

James17930
and how is that not a yellow?

sulfur
Labrocca going off for OBW.

mclaren
09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
10,581 paid attendance...jeez, and it will be 0 if tfc draw this next game

lowest attendance ever for a TFC game?

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
How much time is left?

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
I wanna cry.

icecoldbeer
09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Uselessnov fans on the kick

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
at the 81st minute now. someone's waiting to make a change, but no stoppages as yet.

mclaren
09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
don't fear...White is on...surely he will score?

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Barrett looked annoyed at the lack of movement by OBW, Mista, and DeRo on that move when he broke past the defender into the box there.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:45 PM
RSL change. Saborio out, Alexandre in.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
We play so much better when we're desperate -- but we can never seem to score.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:48 PM
The pitch looks a little rough.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:49 PM
All the rain of late plus practices and such have prolly just chewed it up.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Gargan goes down awkwardly and it leads to a good chance by Findlay and a good say by Conway.

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Well lads, that's pretty much the season.

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:52 PM
RSL is playing time wasting now. They've learned pretty well from Arabe. 89th minute now.

James17930
Well, that's it. Doesn't look like we're gonna do it.

Season's over. No playoffs. No CCL QFs.

Another season gone. Although to be fair, at least they won the NCC and made it this far in the CCL -- many other clubs would not have been able to do the same in only 4 years of existence.

But anyway . . . looking foward to next March (?)

sulfur
Another great save by Conway on Findlay on the breakaway. 3 minutes of added time.

James17930
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Why is our right back the only one near a cross into the box?

TFCRegina
09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
For the record, Daso had the tactics right, but didn't have the players.

Entertaining as hell.

TFC_Central
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
WOW lmao

DaBandit
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Lol Conway almost scored on himself... That sums up the season..

sulfur
09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Good screwup by Conway there. That should've been an IFK to RSL at the top of the 6 yard box. Heh.

And that's game. TFC is done in the CCL. The Arabe game is a waste of time now.

ag futbol
For the record, Daso had the tactics right, but didn't have the players.

Entertaining as hell.
Agreed, we benefited a certain degree from their heavy travel as well.

MFG1
how many people in the north stand 6?

Stay classy Toronto!

loconet
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Wow Conway..that would have been a very appropriate ending to this year...

sulfur
09-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Post game thread has been started here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1140795

smtavare
09-28-2010, 09:02 PM
fuck this shit.... fuck u mlse i will never buy seasons when u dare raise prices and give us shit quality product:picard::facepalm::picard::facepalm::(:(:in cazzato::nono::cryin: