PDA

View Full Version : TFC guys at Dundas Square

Bobo
06-26-2008, 08:25 AM
According to Z-103 (Canada's news leader for kids and ginos of all ages), players will be at Yonge/Dundas before the screening of the Euro final on Sunday.

Didn't see this anywhere else.

pat416
06-26-2008, 08:57 AM
cool thanks for the tip, i missed them last sunday.

poppamidnight
06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Speaking of player run-ins
(and for that matter right around that area)

i ran into and had a quick chat with Ricketts yesterday before the jays game... around 6ish at Eaton Center....

I think Big Bruva was with him (Big Bruva was that you?)....
if it was, you seemed rather focused on your shopping
Ricketts looked like the poor tag-along....

(I told him we expect a big game from him vs vancouver)

on a side-note...
Why the need to be decked out in his own kit going about town???
Shouldnt the whole city know his face by now!!!

hahahaha

werewolf
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
We don't have any German or Spanish (from Spain) players. It will be good to use the oppurtunity to get Euro fans to become aware of TFC.

p.s. I haven't been in town for a major tourny since 2000, they show the game at Yonge/Dundas?

BigLou
06-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Will tfc come home right after the NE revs game Saturday night to do a PR appearance Sunday morning? not sure about that one.

rocker
06-26-2008, 06:04 PM
ya kinda weird.. unless they send Dunivant (who's out for a month now).
There's a reserve game 10am the next day, so the first team and the reserves won't be back for it.

Dirk Diggler
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
We don't have any German or Spanish (from Spain) players. It will be good to use the oppurtunity to get Euro fans to become aware of TFC.

p.s. I haven't been in town for a major tourny since 2000, they show the game at Yonge/Dundas?

I don't think Dundas Square was as developed then as it is now. I've honestly never heard of any public showing previously. This seems to be the first to me.

Bobo
06-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Ye I believe this is the first year.

And if by chance TFC players don't show up, don't shoot the messenger. :D

nfitz
06-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Back in 2000, Dundas Square (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundas_Square) was still buildings - it's very different now. I'd imagine that now it would be a pretty decent place to show it on a screen - there's enough of them to choose from :)

yanggoh
06-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Speaking of player run-ins
(and for that matter right around that area)

i ran into and had a quick chat with Ricketts yesterday before the jays game... around 6ish at Eaton Center....

I think Big Bruva was with him (Big Bruva was that you?)....
if it was, you seemed rather focused on your shopping
Ricketts looked like the poor tag-along....

(I told him we expect a big game from him vs vancouver)

on a side-note...
Why the need to be decked out in his own kit going about town???
Shouldnt the whole city know his face by now!!!

hahahaha

hahah it definitely seems odd that every ricketts sighting i've heard of he's been wearing his full kit...

Nestease
06-27-2008, 04:59 AM
hahah it definitely seems odd that every ricketts sighting i've heard of he's been wearing his full kit...

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4498/27260204ux8.jpg

BosakWBC
06-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Could this be the start of the "Where's Rohan" photoshop thread?

please say yes

flatpicker
06-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Could this be the start of the "Where's Rohan" photoshop thread?

please say yes

I might be up for some of that photoshop action!

let's get a new thread started called "Ricketts sightings"

rocker
06-27-2008, 10:46 AM
check out the short shorts on Ricketts in the latest TFC TV at the beach volleyball game!!! hahah

RealG-TFC
06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
nvm
(http://imageshack.us)

Dirk Diggler
06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
So is anyone planning on going there or know if any proper football fans will be there? I wanna go because it has potential to be like those FanZones in Europe during the major tournaments but if there isn't going to be any football fans than it probably wouldn't be worth going.

Bobo
06-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I'll be there with a few buddies.

If anyone going, rock your TFC gear!

Bobo
06-29-2008, 10:57 AM
bump!

Come on guys, join the celebration of football today!

Bobo
06-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Not one TFC player.....fucking stupid kiddy radio station.

They were giving a bunch of TFC merchandise away at least.

Fun experience still. Was well worth the trip just for what happened to my buddy. He was at one of those inflatable places where the speed of your kick is measured. When he went to kick he planted his foot awkwardly and the whole piece of turf slid. Then the thing deflated on my buddy. He got pretty embarrassed since there was like a hundred people watching him. Funny shit man. I have a pic of just before he slid, but I'd feel bad posting it.:lol:

Troll
06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
but I'd feel bad posting it.:lol:

this thread is worthless without pics.

Bobo
06-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Alright alright, here.:D

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8492/img4412lc7.th.jpg (http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4412lc7.jpg)

If only I had snapped a fraction of a second later.

Dirk Diggler
06-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Do you have more pictures of the place in general? I wanna see how many people made it there and what the atmosphere was like. I couldn't make it there yesterday because there weren't enough people interested in going all the way there to watch the game.

Bobo
07-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Nah ,I didn't really care to take pictures. It was a decent crowd. Mostly casuals. Spanish outnumbered the Germans by only a bit.