PDA

View Full Version : Pick Any Two

Toronto_Bhoy
09-25-2010, 09:04 PM
If you could only keep two players from the current roster who would they be?

ArmenJBX
09-25-2010, 09:06 PM
What, no poll? :D

Frei and Cann, which will probably be the most popular option.
I'll be a bit different and say Doneil Henry and Nicholas Lindsay

TFCtoMUFC
09-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Peterson and Garcia

prizby
09-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Frei & Nana

two promising young players on the team

London
09-25-2010, 09:07 PM
DERO and FREI

it makes me laugh how people hate on one of the best careers in MLS history

TFC07
09-25-2010, 09:09 PM
If you could only keep two players from the current roster who would they be?

That's tough one.

Frei for sure!

My second player would have to be either Cann or Nana, but if I was a GM would be better off keeping DeRo over Cann and Nana simply because it is harder to replace all-star like DeRo.

dupont
Dero and Frei

grizzle
DERO and FREI

This + Nana as a backup if the rules changed and 3 were allowed ;)

Toronto_Bhoy
09-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Fuck you guys are fast!!!^^

Kevvv
09-25-2010, 09:16 PM
No option for two other stiffs?

prizby
09-25-2010, 09:32 PM
could only pick one

Lucky Strike
09-25-2010, 11:36 PM
could only pick one

Same here, but I'd pick DeRo (for the offense he brings) and Cann (solid defensively and everyone has looked solid next to him in central defence: Attakora, Harden and even *gasp* Garcia.

Roogsy
09-25-2010, 11:54 PM
DERO and FREI

Word and word...

v00d00daddy
09-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Cann and Frei.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Cann and Attakora. Frei will want to jump to Europe sooner than later.

DichioTFC
09-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Nana and Frei, solely because their age and that we can score goals up front but we need a solid defense.

Blowing Bubbles
09-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Nana and DeRo.

Hard to not include Frei but I feel that keepers are easier to replace.

But are we treating this as who "who do we want on the field next year" or Football Manager / GM of TFC?

If we're being GM's then I'd rather have Frei and Nana just b/c of their current salary and ability to sell them on later.

Super
09-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Dero and Frei.

TOBOR !
09-26-2010, 10:33 AM
[go west] we're Frei and 10 other guys, just Frei and 10 other guys, Stefan Frei and 10 other guys, Stefan Frei and 10 other guys... [\go west]

Cashcleaner
09-26-2010, 10:34 AM
DeRo and Frei.

Our only proven goal-scorer and our only proven goal-stopper. If we absolutely had to, I'd want to build a team around them as our anchors than any other two players.

flatpicker
09-26-2010, 10:46 AM
^ Yup

CoachGT
09-26-2010, 10:46 AM
IMO, there are only a handful of people that should come back. DeRo. Frei. Cann. Attakora. Barrett. Santos. Gargan. Henry. Lindsay.

On the fence about Labrocca and Saric. Sanyang and Gomez. Ibby. Harden.

As for the rest, they are pretty much just guys that fill a roster. We need better at many positions.

I'm disappointed at the place we land this year. Last year, one point out of the playoffs with a young core of players that should improve as they gain experience. How are we in a better position this year????????????????

Flipityflu
09-26-2010, 10:49 AM
i wish you had put chad in that list

Dv23
09-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Frei and DeRo, with Barrett a close third.

lips
09-26-2010, 12:07 PM
IMO, there are only a handful of people that should come back. DeRo. Frei. Cann. Attakora. Barrett. Santos. Gargan. Henry. Lindsay.

As for the rest, they are pretty much just guys that fill a roster. We need better at many positions.

I'm disappointed at the place we land this year. Last year, one point out of the playoffs with a young core of players that should improve as they gain experience. How are we in a better position this year????????????????I have to agree with you Coach only a handful should return

ArmenJBX
09-26-2010, 02:30 PM
LaBrocca is a solid MLS midfielder who was kick ass with Colorado. He's not a huge salary either so he should stay. He's certainly not the worst player on this squad.

Coach, of your list, I agree with everyone but Ibby. He's only here because he's free, otherwise he's one of the worst forwards in this league and offers very little going forward.

TFC USA
09-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Garcia and Peterson.

Obvious.

Batman
09-26-2010, 03:39 PM
There are more than 2 players on this team worth keeping.
Some offer value, some may be tradeable commodities, some are young players that hopefully develop.

So, it's not particularly valuable to name just 2 players.

CoachGT
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Coach, of your list, I agree with everyone but Ibby. He's only here because he's free, otherwise he's one of the worst forwards in this league and offers very little going forward.

I'm still on the fence about him. I thought he was progressing well but took a step backwards under Preki. Much like Cronin did - Cronin was never Preki's kind of player and would never have been given a real chance here. I think he (Ibby) is worthy of another chance.

Torontotonto
09-26-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm disappointed at the place we land this year. Last year, one point out of the playoffs with a young core of players that should improve as they gain experience. How are we in a better position this year????????????????

For sure were not, far from it...

rocker
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Frei and Nana. Young, excellent talent. If you were starting an expansion team, you'd probably grab both. Many years of great play ahead of them.

VPjr
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
If you have a strong keeper, you have a big piece of the puzzle. TFC must hold onto Frei or find an equivalent (or better) if they find someone who overseas who wants him.

step 2 is a solid central defender. Cann will never be confused with Paolo Maldini but he is solid enough, he clears the ball pretty effectively and his ground game is improving. I like Nana but Cann is a bit more important at this point.

the world is full of midfielders and strikers. There isn't a single offensive player on this team that can't be replaced.

rocker
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I love Cann. What happened to this guy over the past couple years? He's so good.
I saw him play for Vancouver (I think he played in a friendly against Becks and the Galaxy once) and he looked like a big, dumb, physical player. No skill, no sense of things. Just taking up space. Now he looks like a solid veteran MLS CB.

Roogsy
09-26-2010, 10:58 PM
I love Cann. What happened to this guy over the past couple years? He's so good.
I saw him play for Vancouver (I think he played in a friendly against Becks and the Galaxy once) and he looked like a big, dumb, physical player. No skill, no sense of things. Just taking up space. Now he looks like a solid veteran MLS CB.

I would probably say experience is the contributing factor here.

And as shocking as it is, it might also be the veteran direction of Nick Garcia who I know is a favourite punching bag around here but in actual fact used to be a very athletic and competent defender. Time simply caught up to him. Perhaps it is an indication of what Nick will be doing in the future. I bet he makes a very good coach.

King Tut
09-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Cann and DeRo

Ageroo
09-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Frei and Nana

MartinUtd
09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Frei and Nana also. But if either of them is unwilling to come back I'd put Cann in there.

trane
09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
You do not have to pick two. We have some quality. Central defence for once, and goal, as well as DMs we are good. We need to built on that strengh. And get a manager that can push them to excelence.

DaBandit
09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Frei & Cann

really hope Frei is still with us come the spring, but i got a bad feeling he'll be gone the way of Edu.

J .
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Attakora and Cann

TorCanSoc
10-02-2010, 07:42 PM
JDG and Mista. :hide:

:)

TFC_Central
10-03-2010, 04:55 AM
the poll only lets me pick one soo.....

TFC_Central
10-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Save the young talent. Use the young talent ( shop for a GREAT DP STRIKER) Get a good solid MF playmaker and a solid solid solid wall of a defender. This lets jdg play sole DM

-------------DP----------
----Nane---XXX---Henry-
------------JDG------------
--XXX--Cann--Nana--Gargan--
-------------Frei----------------
Bench:
Kocic(G)
Gomez(AM)
Sanyang (DM)
Hscanovic(D)
Henry(D)
Gargan(D)
Barrett(F)

loan out ibbe & gala !!!

felipe
10-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Chad and DeRo

BeerBaron95
10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Save the young talent. Use the young talent ( shop for a GREAT DP STRIKER) Get a good solid MF playmaker and a solid solid solid wall of a defender. This lets jdg play sole DM

-------------DP----------
----Nane---XXX---Henry-
------------JDG------------
--XXX--Cann--Nana--Gargan--
-------------Frei----------------
Bench:
Kocic(G)
Gomez(AM)
Sanyang (DM)
Hscanovic(D)
Henry(D)
Gargan(D)
Barrett(F)

loan out ibbe & gala !!!

Or we can ship him out via trade

And are u on pills today?? u have Gargan and Henry in your S-11 and on the bench??

Dont agree with Nane a all.

Razor
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Cann, and I can't believe I am saying this but Chad B.

Davenport
10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Cann, and I can't believe I am saying this but Chad B.
I am as well, with Frei.

ArmenJBX
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
After much deliberation I have made my final decision:

Jacob Peterson
Nick LaBrocca

TFC USA
10-05-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm going with OBW and Nick Garcia.

Easy easy easy.

jloome
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
LaBrocca is a solid MLS midfielder who was kick ass with Colorado.

LOL, he was a utility player who played in seven different positions to fill in at Colorado. He's Chris Pozniak without the benefit of citizenship.

ArmenJBX
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Nick LaBrocca was and still is on the stronger half of MLS midfielders, and, much like Chad Barrett, given some time, he will find his way into this squad.

C.Barrett19
10-06-2010, 11:17 PM
how do you not puc CHAD BARRETT he's the hardest worker on the team. My vote is chad barrett and frei 3 would be dero

Derko
10-07-2010, 04:22 AM
DERO and FREI

I don't hate his best career, DeRo should conduct himself as a professional, and leave his displeasure with management to his agent and behind closed doors not on the pitch as TFC's captain, MoJo had already been fired at that point, so things were beginning to change, and for Christ's sake every time Dero sat on the pitch and sulked like a baby, made me dislike his attitude more and more.

It's all about perception, remember perception is reality.
Great Player,Bad Timing