PDA

View Full Version : Soccer show on setanta talking about ST hike

TFC Cityboy
09-23-2010, 09:02 PM
on now on Setanta.
podcast will be on later no doubt

TFC Cityboy
09-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Bob Iarussci on same page as us re increase and MLS Cup.
Nigel saying Paul Beirne will be on he show in the next couple of weeks

nascarguy
09-23-2010, 09:06 PM
good to hear

nascarguy
09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
is this on the fan now

TFC Cityboy
09-23-2010, 09:15 PM
I think it was on the fan earlier
here's the podcast- ST discussion right at the start.
Bobby saying he can't shift his 8 tix and he's likely dropping 4 of them. Would have preferred a CMNT match ISO MLS Cup.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoccerShow

TFC Cityboy
09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Addrian Cann was the guest- nice guy!

Stryker
09-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Addrian Cann was the guest- nice guy!
Cann seems like both a great person and player. He's the only thing management did right this season.

menefreghista
09-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Nigel saying Paul Beirne will be on he show in the next couple of weeks

Ya, probably after Oct. 15.

He'll lay low in the meantime.

RedRum
09-23-2010, 10:54 PM
He's the only thing management did right this season.

He is here despite Mo and Jimmy, not because of them. Trust me.

canadian_bhoy
09-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Apparently Paul B will be on Raycroft's podcast tomorrow.

What do people think Paul is going to say? There's nothing to say.

He'll say that there are increased costs, there are extra games, it's "good value for money". The usual stuff. What are people expecting? Him to say "Yeah, so we're trying to make as much money as we can so we're pushing the price until we plateau"...it's the truth, but it's not what we're going to hear.

MLSE - Thanks to our loyal fans - too bad we can't return the favour.

mclaren
09-23-2010, 10:57 PM

He'll say that there are increased costs, there are extra games, it's "good value for money". The usual stuff. What are people expecting? Him to say "Yeah, so we're trying to make as much money as we can so we're pushing the price until we plateau"...it's the truth, but it's not what we're going to hear.

It will be the usual bollocks and LACK OF RESPECT for his customers (or former customers in my case now).

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Cann seems like both a great person and player. He's the only thing management did right this season.

In 4 years they've cycled 75 + players through the team and brought in an uncountable number of trialists etc. And in that time, they got it right about 6 times.

I wish I could fail that often at my work and still be thought of as a great business man.

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 12:56 AM

I think we can all guest almost word for word what he'll say - it's so predictable I have to wonder why he'll even bother doing the interview.

After he does his shucking and jiving the most important question will remain unanswered..."How do you respond to the disappointment and betrayal of the most passionate fans in the league who have endured four seasons of bad, losing soccer coupled with four years price increases?"

The issue isn't "it's only $1" - that's like saying "what's your problem? I didn't kick you in the balls, I only grazed you're nut sack - you should be happy about that!". The issue is for four years the supporters have been the primary - perhaps only - selling point and they've exploited that to the max while at the same time taking advantage of and abusing those same supporters. He'll have some feigned indignation about "it's only $1", the way a camel with a broken back might think "I don't get it, it was only 1 straw".

Commie Red
09-24-2010, 11:13 AM
"what's your problem? I didn't kick you in the balls, I only grazed you're nut sack - you should be happy about that!"..

LOL! Now THAT should be a banner!

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Hopefully "you're" will be spelled "your" on the banner :o

ACSertL
09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Hopefully "you're" will be spelled "your" on the banner :o

:lol: Forgiven, considering 99% of the time it is the other way around.

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Hopefully someone will have the balls to ask the tough questions. Because the problem with journalists in this city is that they don't ask the tough questions and demand that the response not be a misdirection or diversion.

mclaren
09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
I wish Jeremy Paxman was doing the TFC beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCo7qbzEX3c

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I wish Jeremy Paxman was doing the TFC beat:

I love him...Leeds born and typical no bullshit Yorkshireman :D