PDA

View Full Version : Robbo speaks on MoJo, Preki & TFC

Oldtimer
09-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Secondly there’s the big changes at my former club Toronto, with both the manager and general manager losing their jobs. A major change at this time in the season, but I believe the right decision. Many thought that when Preki arrived it was an accident waiting to happen and so it proved.
Sadly Toronto are now looking for their fifth manager in four years, which is not a good sign. That is not what the organisation needs as they hunt for success and a play-off place. Which direction they go in now is anyone's guess, but it must be the right move to cope with the fans’ demands, as they have been so patient over the first four years. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone going into the club as the passion is there and all that’s missing is the product on the pitch.

http://www.countytimes.co.uk/sport/93576/tough-week-for-me-and-tough-decisions-for-welsh-manager.aspx

prizby
09-23-2010, 07:22 PM
will someone hire robo to be our manager...please?

Ossington Mental Youth
09-23-2010, 10:22 PM
uh no thanks

razor787
09-24-2010, 12:22 AM
I love robbo, but I honestly think it was his time to go. He plays a defensive mid role, and with Julian that was taken. He definately deserved a better exit, and if de fix ever left, I would hope we would persue him.

I love how often he still speaks of us though. Usually players don't talk about their old clubs unless its right before a game. Definately shows how he truely felt about the club

maninb
09-24-2010, 07:34 AM
I love robbo, but I honestly think it was his time to go. He plays a defensive mid role, and with Julian that was taken. He definately deserved a better exit, and if de fix ever left, I would hope we would persue him.

I love how often he still speaks of us though. Usually players don't talk about their old clubs unless its right before a game. Definately shows how he truely felt about the club

Preki's biggest mistake was letting Robbo and Cronin go...They were the 2 BIG character guys on the team, current leader, and future leader...DeRo is a decent player but not a leader..

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Preki's biggest mistake was letting Robbo and Cronin go...They were the 2 BIG character guys on the team, current leader, and future leader...DeRo is a decent player but not a leader..

And that's exactly why he moved them.

Shakes McQueen
09-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Trying to recall - wasn't all of the Robbo drama BEFORE Preki was brought on board?

And since when was Cronin a "big character guy" on the team? Not saying he wasn't; I just don't understand where that reputation is coming from.

- Scott

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 08:33 AM
If I recall correctly, Robbo was moved after Preki came on board.

As for Cronin, apparently despite his youth he was well respected in the clubhouse and was one of the few that spoke out after the debacle in NY last year.

menefreghista
09-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Trying to recall - wasn't all of the Robbo drama BEFORE Preki was brought on board?

No. Robinson was moved in early March.

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 08:40 AM
The first effects of Preki's hiring were Robbo being dealt and Brennan suddenly retiring. Cronin's move came a bit later - around the same time Preki's inquiries about moving DeRo was stepping on.

Suds
09-24-2010, 08:42 AM
uh no thanks

Agreed .. Robbo - great guy, good player, great in the dressing room.

What we need is an experienced coach and GM.

JonO
09-24-2010, 09:06 AM
I think Robbo would be an awesome coach, but not manager (yet). All you had to do was pay attention to any of the the interviews with the young players while he was here and, to a man, they all commented about how much he had helped them...

v00d00daddy
09-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Uhh Robbo...how did it "prove" to be an accident waiting to happen?

The guy coached 3/4 of a season with the team.

Nothing was "proven". He was brought in. The team didn't do too well and was he was fired prematurely because nobody liked him.

Conversely....when Robbo was around, the team was WORSE but everybody loved him so he got paid a lot and we still gush over him to this day cause he's a good dude.

Yeah...please bring back Cummins, and Robbo, and Cronin, and Jimmy B...we'd be so much better off. lol

:rolleyes:

We're in a bigger hole than we've ever been in since the inception of this club. I'd like to see how we get out of it.

Beach_Red
09-24-2010, 09:19 AM

And since when was Cronin a "big character guy" on the team? Not saying he wasn't; I just don't understand where that reputation is coming from.

- Scott

After the 5-0 game in NY when he came out alone to face the cameras.

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 09:20 AM
^ Don't you think that the fact that no one liked him proved that it was an accident waiting to happen?

H Bomb
09-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Nothing was "proven". He was brought in. The team didn't do too well and was he was fired prematurely because nobody liked him.

Conversely....when Robbo was around, the team was WORSE but everybody loved him so he got paid a lot and we still gush over him to this day cause he's a good dude.

Yeah...please bring back Cummins, and Robbo, and Cronin, and Jimmy B...we'd be so much better off. lol

:rolleyes:

We're in a bigger hole than we've ever been in since the inception of this club. I'd like to see how we get out of it.

hehee, i love ya dude, but maybe once in a while you need to let it go when it comes to Robbo. I think we know how you feel. ;)

Although we're no better now than we were before...we only allow less goals....that doesn't = better. :D

Oldtimer
09-24-2010, 09:26 AM

I think it was obvious to a veteran like Robbo that someone like Preki, with his record in Chivas, would ruin morale. He was right.

v00d00daddy
09-24-2010, 09:27 AM
hehee, i love ya dude, but maybe once in a while you need to let it go when it comes to Robbo. I think we know how you feel. ;)

Although we're no better now than we were before...we only allow less goals....that doesn't = better. :D

You're right when it comes to Robbo but the guy is constantly brought up around here. It blows my mind. Its as if we lost one of the greatest footballers ever.

As for the team. You're right again. Not "better"....but at least better at something that was one of our many weaknesses.

Robbo has been a sore point with me since day one. I dislike the style (if you can call it that) that the guy plays...and I HATE that he was elevated to superstar status by this club and it's supporters.

He's my lex luther...lol...

kinda like JDG is for Wull and Pachuco.

v00d00daddy
09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I think it was obvious to a veteran like Robbo that someone like Preki, with his record in Chivas, would ruin morale. He was right.

Sorry, but Robbo knew exactly fuck all about Preki and his record with Chivas. How could he? Robbo is not some MLS veteran with friends all over the league, having played everywhere.

He's a dude that's been here 4 years...all of which with Toronto.

Why is it so hard to imagine that Preki wouldn't want Robbo on the team due to his talent vs. salary?

Try to think back to when we were doing well at the start of the year.

Where is all the "Preki is hard ass and that's what Toronto needs and it's working" talk?

I swear the supporters are like the fucking Borg sometimes.

An idea is planted and it slowly takes root.

Robbo is great....slowly but surely people believe it.
Barrett sucks....slowly but surely people believe it.
Barrett is good...slowly but surely people believe it. (in less than one year)
Preki is good...slowly but surely people believe it.
Preki is the devil...slowly but surely people believe it. (in less than one year)

It's a joke sometimes.

Sorry for the rant. Not the time or place I know. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. lol

H Bomb
09-24-2010, 09:40 AM
^^ Hey man, it's friday!! :)

I hear ya though, just dont worry bout the messageboard...it is the borg as you say. I can proudly say I hated Preki a couple games into the season :D.

One thing you need to remember is regions attract certain types of "stars". Toronto is the type of place that has traditionally made stars of hard workers. Darcy Tucker, Junk Yard Dog, Carl Robinson all relate to the common man, which is, it seems, what toronto wants to see in its overpaid athletes, as each one of the examples I mentioned were paid above market value to play here.

Darlofletch
09-24-2010, 09:46 AM

This is what Robbo had to say on his blog back in February (http://www.countytimes.co.uk/news/84807/new-manager-preki-impresses-me-with-his-winning-outlook.aspx).

I finally got to meet our new manager in Preki (former Everton and Portsmouth midfielder Predrag Radosavljevic). We had a very good chat and he seems a really straight honest guy.

His vision for the game and outlook is that of a winner and a very focused guy. I’m sure there will be a lot of changes this year and we will wait and see what happens. Nothing amazes me in football and nothing ever will.

The quote in the original post is very vague, could be read a lot of different ways depending on what spin you want to put on things,

Brooker
09-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Cronin a leader? Oh yeah I wish we kept a player that said he was so happy to leave Toronto and would have been happy to be traded for "a bag of soccer balls." That kinda attitude has leader written all over it.

mdc 77
09-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Sorry, but Robbo knew exactly fuck all about Preki and his record with Chivas. How could he? Robbo is not some MLS veteran with friends all over the league, having played everywhere.

He's a dude that's been here 4 years...all of which with Toronto.

Why is it so hard to imagine that Preki wouldn't want Robbo on the team due to his talent vs. salary?

Try to think back to when we were doing well at the start of the year.

Where is all the "Preki is hard ass and that's what Toronto needs and it's working" talk?

I swear the supporters are like the fucking Borg sometimes.

An idea is planted and it slowly takes root.

Robbo is great....slowly but surely people believe it.
Barrett sucks....slowly but surely people believe it.
Barrett is good...slowly but surely people believe it. (in less than one year)
Preki is good...slowly but surely people believe it.
Preki is the devil...slowly but surely people believe it. (in less than one year)

It's a joke sometimes.

Sorry for the rant. Not the time or place I know. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. lol

Preki being a hard ass was fine, probably right in it was what we needed. However, Preki showing a total lack of respect for players, fans and media is another issue and that combined with poor tactics was his undoing.

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Cronin a leader? Oh yeah I wish we kept a player that said he was so happy to leave Toronto and would have been happy to be traded for "a bag of soccer balls." That kinda attitute has leader written all over it.

I know for a certainty Cronin was not happy to leave Toronto at all. He loved this city as did his girlfriend. He was however happy to finally get playing time, which is obvious for a professional soccer player. I'd like to see that quote you are referring to that he was happy to leave Toronto.

menefreghista
09-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Cronin a leader? Oh yeah I wish we kept a player he couldn't wait to tell the media how happy he was to leave Toronto and would have loved to be traded for "a bag of soccer balls." That kinda attitude has leader written all over it.

What do you expect from a player who was relegated to the bench in favour of players that are crappier than him?

You would welcome a trade too.

Wull
09-24-2010, 09:52 AM
You're right when it comes to Robbo but the guy is constantly brought up around here. It blows my mind. Its as if we lost one of the greatest footballers ever.

As for the team. You're right again. Not "better"....but at least better at something that was one of our many weaknesses.

Robbo has been a sore point with me since day one. I dislike the style (if you can call it that) that the guy plays...and I HATE that he was elevated to superstar status by this club and it's supporters.

He's my lex luther...lol...

kinda like JDG is for Wull and Pachuco.

He's not my Lex Luthor, I've never hoped Lex Luthor would do well!! He's more like that girlfriend you have in high school that you're constantly hoping puts out. She'll tease, she'll flirt, she'll dress to the nines and never let you get what you want from her!

v00d00daddy
09-24-2010, 09:54 AM
He's not my Lex Luthor, I've never hoped Lex Luthor would do well!! He's more like that girlfriend you have in high school that you're constantly hoping puts out. She'll tease, she'll flirt, she'll dress to the nines and never let you get what you want from her!

hahaha...good point.

Beach_Red
09-24-2010, 09:55 AM
^^ Hey man, it's friday!! :)

I hear ya though, just dont worry bout the messageboard...it is the borg as you say. I can proudly say I hated Preki a couple games into the season :D.

One thing you need to remember is regions attract certain types of "stars". Toronto is the type of place that has traditionally made stars of hard workers. Darcy Tucker, Junk Yard Dog, Carl Robinson all relate to the common man, which is, it seems, what toronto wants to see in its overpaid athletes, as each one of the examples I mentioned were paid above market value to play here.

This is true, these kinds of players have always been over-valued in Toronto and others under-valued. There was an article in the paper yesterday that mentioned how Leaf fans never liked Frank Mahavolich, no matter how good he was. This has been going on forever.

And yet people spent a lot time on here saying that soccer fans would be different...

H Bomb
09-24-2010, 09:59 AM
^^ Same people man, no reason to think they'd be different. I'm a big Raptors, Blue Jays and casual leafs fan. I love me some Matt Bonner, John McDonald and all the rest. It's always been a misconception that soccer fans in the area arent also everything else fans.

v00d00daddy
09-24-2010, 10:00 AM

Never thought of that but it makes sense in my case.

I've never liked those types of players. Not that I disliked them (other than Robbo but that's not his fault) but they were never important to me.

Guys like that are a dime a dozen.

Give me talent. Give me guys that make me say WOW!.

I don't want to see guys that make me say aloud "I know guys that could have done better with that ball/puck"

Why would we ever want the overpaid athlete to be the fucking common man? It makes no sense. I want guys that are not common. If I want to watch "common man" players I can go to any mens league in southern Ontario and find them.

Brooker
09-24-2010, 10:01 AM
I know for a certainty Cronin was not happy to leave Toronto at all. He loved this city as did his girlfriend. He was however happy to finally get playing time, which is obvious for a professional soccer player. I'd like to see that quote you are referring to that he was happy to leave Toronto.

Sam Cronin happy to be traded to San Jose Earthquakes

"(Toronto) could have traded me for a bag of soccer balls, and I wouldn't have cared," Cronin said. "I can't wait to get games under my belt."

Yeah sure he wasn't getting enough playing time but did he do anything to earn it? errrr not really. fair play to him though... I'd be happy too.
http://www.mercurynews.com/earthquakes/ci_15371449?source=rss

menefreghista
09-24-2010, 10:02 AM
^^ Same people man, no reason to think they'd be different. I'm a big Raptors, Blue Jays and casual leafs fan. I love me some Matt Bonner, John McDonald and all the rest. It's always been a misconception that soccer fans in the area arent also everything else fans.

LOL. This city is going to love Colby Armstrong.

Beach_Red
09-24-2010, 10:06 AM

But they're not the same people, more than half the people who live in Toronto now were born somewhere else. Toronto has changed a huge amount since the Big M was shipped of to win Stanley Cups in Montreal ;)

It must be something in the water supply or some freak of geography, it's our "lake effect," or something.

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Sam Cronin happy to be traded to San Jose Earthquakes

"(Toronto) could have traded me for a bag of soccer balls, and I wouldn't have cared," Cronin said. "I can't wait to get games under my belt."

Yeah sure he wasn't getting enough playing time but did he do anything to earn it? errrr not really.

http://www.mercurynews.com/earthquakes/ci_15371449?source=rss

It's nice that you left out the important part of the quote the first time. I can confirm that Cronin was frustrated riding the bench. He felt he proved himself last year as a usable player and this year Preki didn't even give him a chance. How much time did he get under Preki that you could have said Preki gave him a chance to prove himself? So yeah, he wanted to go where he could play. If you can't understand that from a professional soccer player, I don't know what to tell you. But it had nothing to do with the city itself, Sam wanted to stay here, period.

Earning playing time? Really? Most of us here found him to be much more effective than Sanyang who was getting most of Cronin's playing time at that point in the season. He continuously got praise as an improving player with consistency and plenty of potential. I can't recall him ever making any mistakes and he was one of the few players who had a decent cross. But like everything around here, unless you are scoring, you aren't "earning" playing time, which makes me wonder who on this team would you say has actually "earned" playing time?

Shakes McQueen
09-24-2010, 10:10 AM
But they're not the same people, more than half the people who live in Toronto now were born somewhere else. Toronto has changed a huge amount since the Big M was shipped of to win Stanley Cups in Montreal ;)

It must be something in the water supply or some freak of geography, it's our "lake effect," or something.

More likely, it's a product of our humble culture, developing forever in the shadow of the United States.

I take pride in the fact that we value and laud hard-working, lunchpail guys over temperamental, lazier superstars. Unfortunately, it just makes being a Toronto sports fan an exercise in continual heartache.

- Scott

H Bomb
09-24-2010, 10:14 AM

like Shakes says, its a cultural thing. I am a part of the not born here % of Toronto, but like so many others, i am a Canadian, and get my culture from Toronto (and not say, rural regions where the people are weird). A lot of that # comes here young, and develop as canadians/torontonians

Brooker
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
It's nice that you left out the important part of the quote the first time. I can confirm that Cronin was frustrated riding the bench. He felt he proved himself last year as a usable player and this year Preki didn't even give him a chance. How much time did he get under Preki that you could have said Preki gave him a chance to prove himself? So yeah, he wanted to go where he could play. If you can't understand that from a professional soccer player, I don't know what to tell you. But it had nothing to do with the city itself, Sam wanted to stay here, period.

Earning playing time? Really? Most of us here found him to be much more effective than Sanyang who was getting most of Cronin's playing time at that point in the season. He continuously got praise as an improving player with consistency and plenty of potential. I can't recall him ever making any mistakes and he was one of the few players who had a decent cross. But like everything around here, unless you are scoring, you aren't "earning" playing time, which makes me wonder who on this team would you say has actually "earned" playing time?

For fucks sake, Roogsy always so dramtic. You asked me for a link to the article. Instead of saying thanks, you shit on me for not quoting the whole thing in a message. I don't think he deserved playing time more than anybody else. Are you saying I'm wrong or you just disagree? I don't even care to talk about Sam Cronin. He's gone.

Of course he was frustrated riding the pine. I understand that about football players. I just think he belonged there.

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 10:21 AM
For fucks sake, Roogsy always so dramtic. You asked me for a link to the article. Instead of saying thanks, you shit on me for not quoting the whole thing in a message. I don't think he deserved playing time more than anybody else. Are you saying I'm wrong or you just disagree? I don't even care to talk about Sam Cronin. He's gone.

Of course he was frustrated riding the pine. I understand that about football players. I just think he belonged there.

All I am referring to is the slant you attributed to Cronin. Your quote slammed him for wanting to leave Toronto when in fact, what he wanted was playing time, that's all. I just wanted to clarify things.

As for deserving of playing time, that is always a subjective opinion with every player. But whether he deserved it or not would be hard for anyone to determine based on how much playing time Preki gave him. San Jose seems to think otherwise, he's getting lots of time there and they're in the playoff picture.

H Bomb
09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=2558

Brooker
09-24-2010, 10:27 AM
What I'm saying is I didn't see anything special before Preki even got here. How much playing time he got this year has nothing to do with it because afterall, I can't base my opinion on his play if he never got any this year. I'm not retarded.

All he looked like to me was Robbo v2.0. One of those guys who's specialty is 3 yard passes and gets too much credit just because he's a nice guy.

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
What I'm saying is I didn't see anything special before Preki even got here. How much playing time he got this year has nothing to do with it because afterall, I can't base my opinion on his play if he never got any this year. I'm not retarded.

All he looked like to me was Robbo v2.0. One of those guys who's specialty is 3 yard passes and gets too much credit just because he's a nice guy.

Well what you originally said was this:

Cronin a leader? Oh yeah I wish we kept a player that said he was so happy to leave Toronto and would have been happy to be traded for "a bag of soccer balls." That kinda attitude has leader written all over it.

My issue with your statement was never about whether you liked his play or not. Dislike him all you want, our players are not in the playoff picture, he is.

But (according to your statement) you made him sound like his wanting playing time made him a bad leader and that he was happy to leave Toronto, which is not what he said. If you intended on meaning something else, perhaps more concise statements would eliminate the problem.

For me, his being happy about getting playing time doesn't make a bad leader or a good leader, just a soccer player.

jloome
09-24-2010, 10:52 AM

Cronin was a good passer of the ball, good crosser, moved well off the ball, tackled reasonably well. The only things he was lacking were size and temparament, to some extent. He'd have been an excellent MLS fullback if we'd played him there, and we should've kept him.

I don't think there's anything overly dramatic about what Roogsy's saying, he's just more informed than you are. Cronin had just put a deposit down on a condo. With the cost of housing in Toronto, you don't do that if you're trying to get out.

He was glad to leave because he'd been told he wasn't going to feature in Preki's first team plans, likely because his stated mentor had just been shipped out of town.

It was a ridiculous, wasteful trade.

sidvan
09-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Cronin was a good passer of the ball, good crosser, moved well off the ball, tackled reasonably well. The only things he was lacking were size and temparament, to some extent. He'd have been an excellent MLS fullback if we'd played him there, and we should've kept him.

I don't think there's anything overly dramatic about what Roogsy's saying, he's just more informed than you are. Cronin had just put a deposit down on a condo. With the cost of housing in Toronto, you don't do that if you're trying to get out.

He was glad to leave because he'd been told he wasn't going to feature in Preki's first team plans, likely because his stated mentor had just been shipped out of town.

It was a ridiculous, wasteful trade.

^THIS!

Technorgasm
09-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Agreed .. Robbo - great guy, good player, great in the dressing room.

What we need is an experienced coach and GM.

I dont know how many times I am going to post this pic. . .but you can be sure its a LOT

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3089/3100317743_ab4ff76e96_o.jpg

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
The only things he was lacking were size and temparament, to some extent.

100% agree. I've never met a more mellow, down-to-earth guy which seemed to contradict what is necessary on the pitch. Especially in Preki's system.

He was like the anti-footballer. LOL! But he had better skills than the players Preki brought in that's for sure.

spark
09-24-2010, 11:20 AM

It can't be argued he did not play very well in his few chances this season. However I have a hard time believing he's worse (which I think he's far better) than the options we were left with in LaBrocca, Nane and Sanyang. LaBrocca's placement on set pieces has been terrible and should be noted it was Cronin's corner against New England that Barrett headed in.
I just thought over the mid-long term he could have still improved and become a player who contributes more than he takes away.

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 11:23 AM
From a tactical perspective, the only issue was his height - made worse by the fact that JDG is also short. But Preki didn't act on what made the team better, it was personal.

Oblio2
09-24-2010, 11:39 AM
JDG is 6"3.....untill he brushes his hair and braids it. Then he's 5"1

Brooker
09-24-2010, 11:45 AM

Fair enough. I don't know as much about certain players personal lives.

I was wrong.

Alixir
09-24-2010, 11:55 AM
I want Robo back...JDG can pound salt.

gtaguy
09-24-2010, 12:04 PM
It would be awsome if someday Tfc would contract robbo for some type of front office job.. This guy is class and well respected in europe from what i gather.

TFCRegina
09-24-2010, 01:14 PM
We don't need Robbo as a GM but certainly he'd be a welcome addition as a coach in the Academy or a Scout.

Darlofletch
09-24-2010, 01:30 PM
We don't need Robbo as a GM but certainly he'd be a welcome addition as a coach in the Academy or a Scout.

In the future, if he's qualified and the best person for the job, then sure, I'd welcome him back with open arms. Until then, I'd prefer we stopped with the jobs for the boys while they learn the trade approach.

v00d00daddy
09-24-2010, 01:30 PM
I want Robo back...JDG can pound salt.

It would be awsome if someday Tfc would contract robbo for some type of front office job.. This guy is class and well respected in europe from what i gather.

It sure would be awesome to bring back another cog from our storied history. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Brennan
Danny Dichio
Carl Robinson

Let's build this club out of mediocre soccer players who have no experience in running a club.

Sounds like a brilliant idea.

Can't wait until DeRo's career is over. He'll fit in perfectly....then Attakora....one day Lindsey.

I can't wait.

Recipe for success. You guys are making Tom Anselmi's dreams come true.

No pressure for success at all as long as we promote our "wall of honour" boys.

What a joke.

Section 117
09-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Robbo is going back home after the season from what I know

v00d00 - I know that Danny has many contacts in Europe. I can see the benefit of having him around. The other two not so much....

That being said if you have the people with knowledge and contacts why would the team not use them. I am not saying making him run the club I am saying that use what you have. Danny is perfect to groom as a coach IMO, if you see the way he handles the players and his understanding of the game would suprise most people.

Don't let him run the club, but have him around definetly. By the way I don't think Jimmy should be part of the FO but that's just me.

Roogsy
09-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Don't let him run the club, but have him around definetly. By the way I don't think Jimmy should be part of the FO but that's just me.

Having Jimmy at the club was more about fan appeasement than Jimmy actually bringing anything to the club. I am not sure what benefit there is in having Jimmy there even though I like the guy.

maninb
09-24-2010, 02:08 PM

- Scott

Dichio, Brennan, and Robbo all have said that Cronin would have made a good Captain in a year or two..Cronin was the only guy to stand upand face the music after the NYRB debacle last year...unlike DeRo who threw his teammates under the bus...

Section 117
09-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Dichio, Brennan, and Robbo all have said that Cronin would have made a good Captain in a year or two..Cronin was the only guy to stand upand face the music after the NYRB debacle last year...unlike DeRo who threw his teammates under the bus...

Before you throw Dero under the bus. What about our "beloved" captain Jimmy??? Or the drunk scottisch guy? They should have faced the music first

But no you have Cronin, Frei and Anselmi talking to the media.

maninb
09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Before you throw Dero under the bus. What about our "beloved" captain Jimmy??? Or the drunk scottisch guy? They should have faced the music first

That's why I have respect for Cronin...he came out and faced the media...Yes Brennan was guilty of ducking out and saying nothing, but IMO that's not as bad as saying "Hey I was good but everybody else sucked", which is what DeRo said......and who gives a fuck about Mo....or what he did or didn't say...

Nuvinho
09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd give the allocation back to get Sam Cronin. We'll even throw in Mista for the rest of the season.

CretanBull
09-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Having Jimmy at the club was more about fan appeasement than Jimmy actually bringing anything to the club. I am not sure what benefit there is in having Jimmy there even though I like the guy.

I don't even think it had to with fan appeasement...they'd just signed him to a new deal and he refused (and I don't mean to put the onus on Jimmy) to work with Preki. Most of their options were a PR nightmare, promoting him to the FO allowed Jimmy to make his money and made the situation go away before it exploded.

sulfur
09-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Edwards. Not Frei.

Section 117
09-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Sorry Edwarsds you are right frei was hurt.

The point was the captain and the dumb ass who put the squad together didn't have the balls to face the music. For that alone they both should have been tossed the day after the game

sulfur
09-24-2010, 05:59 PM
I remember that it was Eddy, because he was crying when he spoke to the media. I also recall him talking about how he'd let all of Toronto down.

algieb
09-24-2010, 08:55 PM

well we got a massive improvement in degusman and all the worker beatles that preki brought in ,it all came down to preki cleaning house wanting nobody who would stand up to him,and wefind out now he wanted rosaro gone aswell

Heart of Stone
09-24-2010, 09:55 PM
I remember that it was Eddy, because he was crying when he spoke to the media. I also recall him talking about how he'd let all of Toronto down.

I remember this too... and I always like Edwards... Conway has replaced him well though...