PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Love?

peterboroughtfcfan
09-23-2010, 03:42 PM
A quick scan of the top 10 trending topics on this message board reveals something a little depressing. Even though our team has (finally) responded and begun to fight the way we hoped they would, we're incessantly complaining about ticket prices, approval ratings, and empty seats.

Don't get me wrong, these are topics worth discussing and I'm as angered as the rest of you that MLSE is being so cocky. However, we are, by our very nature a SUPPORTERS GROUP. So my question is, where is the support?

I don't care how ugly the win in Houston was or the draw in Mexico was.....both those results meant we are still alive and have something to play for.

This team needs us now more than ever and when they have tired legs and feel like a 5 pt gap is too far too climb, we can be the voice in the stands pushing them forward.

It starts this saturday. This game is huge and yet no one seems to be talking about it. Get to Joes early, have a few pints, march to the stadium with the rest of the boys (and girls - sorry Steph) and stand and sing for the full 90.

I'm not just going to stand on my digital soap box and say this, I'm gonna back it up. I'll be in 118 singing, drumming (with the help of your drum Redrat) and waving the flag I just bought. I'm also reintroducing the famous "BELIEVE" banner. It's back and it will face the boys on the field encouraging them to fight on. Come join me if you believe like I do.

Saturday we stand behind our boys and will them towards victory. If you want to voice your displeasure with MLSE, I'm sure you can find Paul in the parking lot after the game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:scarf:

ManUtd4ever
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Remember, the overwhelming majority of anger has been directed at the front office (and rightfully so), not the players on the pitch. I have no doubt BMO will be rocking again on Saturday...

peterboroughtfcfan
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Remember, the overwhelming majority of anger has been directed at the front office (and rightfully so), not the players on the pitch. I have no doubt BMO will be rocking again on Saturday...

I agree that the anger has been directed at the front office. That's a part of our role - we're supposed to keep the ownership honest.

But at some point that has to stop (or take a back seat) and the supporting has to come to the forefront. I don't think that's happened yet this week and I'd like to see that get going.

Suds
09-23-2010, 03:58 PM
On Saturday I'll be proudly wearing my jersey an cheering for the boys on the field. In the meantime I'm not done venting at the FO and their douchebag ways.

I'm going drinking tonight so I'll be in a better mood tomorrow and ready to get back on track for our team. :drinking: :)

CretanBull
09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Where's the love? MLSE put it in a bag like a litter of unwanted kittens, took it down to the lake and drowned it.

I'll still be there to support the team though.

Roogsy
09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
To be honest, if the fun has been taken out of this experience and it affects support for the boys on the field, the FO only has themselves to look at. People are ticked off, you can't expect them to turn it off like a lightswitch.

flatpicker
09-23-2010, 04:48 PM
1ICnk-gWx8A

menefreghista
09-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Not sure why anyone would complain about complaining.

Personally, I believe that if the club were flying high in the standings and it appeared this franchise was on stable footing and heading in a good direction there would be a lot less topics on this forum.

The reason we have so much to complain about is because this organization gives us so much to complain about.

FluSH
09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Well, I need 8 tickets for the next game! There's the love from my part!!!
check the ticket thread and help me out... kkbbqthanks! =)

CretanBull
09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
1ICnk-gWx8A

You win for posting Roy Orbison!

My first ever concert!

TFC Cityboy
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
where is the love?

No problem supporting the lads on the pitch, but MLSE need to be held accountable, and the threads on here help get that message accross.
MASSIVE match on saturday, yes.

Raging Reggie
09-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Asking where the love is is like asking someone who is about to be rapped in the ass "where is the smile?" ML$E wants to justify raising the prices due to the high demand and "amazing fan support that makes match day experience". Being a "supporter" me makes me feel like a leeming for ML$E to justify there price increase. Not fair to the players on the pitch who need us but as stated above that is due too the assholes in charges. To bad TFC wasnt owned by another corperation. I think secretly deep down inside i sorta feel now that i want TFC to fail and crash. That is the only way i can truely say FUCK YOU to this sick corperation.

prizby
09-23-2010, 07:20 PM
it starts with

WpYeekQkAdc&ob

and ends with

5vINwmJTVRc

Suds
09-23-2010, 07:31 PM
haha .. come on now guys .. let's leave this thread to a be a positive one

plenty of other threads we can crap on MLSE about

TFCRegina
09-23-2010, 07:42 PM
VaQkaY5-OVk

canadian_bhoy
09-23-2010, 07:45 PM
xhRMeiyret0

TFCRegina
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I had to do it...

_E_VeC1XAtY

J .
09-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Maybe four years of poor performance from the FO and almost two months of very sub par lackluster play when the team shouldnt be on the outside in, people got mad.

For 90 minutes, you support the players on the pitch. In between, thats the time you get to bitch.

FluSH
09-23-2010, 07:55 PM
I've been following CONCACAF futbol since I can remember... It's a love and hate relationship but just like that crazy GF you had in Highschool the sex is out of this world...

My point?

I will buy your 112 seasons any day...

http://www.oliverjewellery.ca/RussellOliver.jpg

ManUtd4ever
09-23-2010, 07:58 PM
http://www.blogto.com/upload/2010/09/20100003-Love.jpg

king dave
09-23-2010, 08:01 PM
LOVE CAN'T BUY $$$
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/5019280450_96bf27b6ab.jpg
KD.

king dave
09-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Maybe four years of poor performance from the FO and almost two months of very sub par lackluster play when the team shouldnt be on the outside in, people got mad.

For 90 minutes, you support the players on the pitch. In between, thats the time you get to bitch.
Have not seen any love from those douchebags in some time man.
They ran off the bus @ BMO when they got back from Panama with about a half a dozen supporters there to greet them.
They show little to no appreciation to the various SGs @ BMO, or more importantly, on the road.
So where is this love you speak of?
Pretty much one-sided as I see it.
KD.

flatpicker
09-23-2010, 10:10 PM
You win for posting Roy Orbison!

My first ever concert!

I'm jealous!
He's one of the greatest ever.

Suds
09-24-2010, 07:52 AM
OK ... day before game day and I'm ready to get back in TFC mode for our boys! (I still hate MLSE :D)

FULL VOICE TOMORROW @ BMO!!! Earthquakes can eat it!

nascarguy
09-24-2010, 07:59 AM
I allways hated mlse before TFC was here

Fort York Redcoat
09-24-2010, 08:12 AM
BbFLfSVNYSQ

But nah,

:scarf: till I die.

Technorgasm
09-24-2010, 08:14 AM
a forum board filled to the tits with griping moaning and bitching?

Stop the press! The internets is broken~!

Lets bring it

peterboroughtfcfan
09-24-2010, 08:25 AM
a forum board filled to the tits with griping moaning and bitching?

Stop the press! The internets is broken~!

Lets bring it

Again, I'm not suggesting we shouldn't bitch about these things. People seem to be missing the fact that I think its important that we lay into MLSE for this. That said, we also need to do our jobs and get psyched for tomorrow. If the boys walk out to an atmosphere full of trepidation (much like the last 20 mins against DC) they will fold.

We need to be as loud as we've been all season.

Let's get up for this one boys

Technorgasm
09-24-2010, 08:33 AM
I am more focussed on letting the opposition know how much we hate them and how we are going to crush their dreams and eat their fucking children. .

the TFC love is a given for us in 111. . . automatic for sure.
focus the hate. . and fucking bring it.

FUCK YOU SAN JOSE!
THIS IS OUR HOUSE!
Welcome to the FORTRESS!

Redcoe15
09-24-2010, 09:52 AM
1ICnk-gWx8A

Roy Orbison is the man. But I prefer this version of the song:

6pHNkOQCIzk

Red Patch CA
09-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey Peterborough fan! Don't say anything even mildly positive or you will be attacked.
I read the negative threads less and less. You can tell from the title if it will bring you down.
Here it is Friday before game day; I am full of hope and anticipating a good result tomorrow.:)

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-24-2010, 03:27 PM
hK5obmgq6u0

Batman
09-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Wheres the Love?

Great Question!

Where has MLSEs love gone to the loyal supporters of this team. Every year, it's F$CK them, and F&CK them some more.

The supporters have been just about the ONLY marketable commodity of this team since day one.

Supporters have been giving, time, energy, dollars, voices, and emotional support to this rag tag team all along. What have we got in return?

Remember the TV ads year two... Did they show players on the pitch showing entertaining soccer? NO! They showed Supporters going nuts. It was the only thing they had!

Even the TFC website this year when they announced the renewals showed south end supporters.

Yet they continue to F&CK over the supporters every opportunity. Over 100% increase in the south end tickets in 4 years. Give me a break!

Love is a two way street...but not if includes a team owned by MLSE.