PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Game Coach

T_Mizz
06-25-2008, 09:44 PM
As you all know Carver is so close to being All-Star Game coach all that needs to happen is We beat NER on the road, Columbus loses, And LAG loses or ties.
Its that simple :rolleyes:
I know we're all kinda cautious about our players being in the All-Star Game but what about our coach surely he can't get injured.
Having said that who do you think will win?

nascarguy
06-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I say Carver he knows the team that we are vs.

Roogsy
06-25-2008, 09:54 PM
I think it will be Nicol...but it SHOULD be Carver.

T_Mizz
06-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Well it goes by Points per game so I voted for Nicol because he just needs to beat us at home and we suck on the road

James Oliphant
06-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Never heard of John Nicol.

Cashcleaner
06-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Carver hasn't been working in the league nearly enough to coach the All-Stars. Maybe a few years down the line we'l see him on the AS touchline. As for the moment, however, expect Nichols to fill the role.

Alarius
06-26-2008, 06:18 AM
I think you mean Steve Nicol

MisterMacphisto
06-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Doesn't matter who I think it should be... absolutely no doubt in my mind it will be LA Head Boy, Ruud Gullit.

T_Mizz
06-26-2008, 07:14 AM
No chance for Gullit he needs a miracle granted so does Carver.
Also Carver isn't too inexperienced if that's what you're saying I think he's better than all these coaches.
Yeah I did mean Steve Nicol sorry, I know a guy named John Nicol and when I made this I kept telling myself NOT John Nicol NOT John Nicol NOT John Nicol but shit happens

Carts
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Personally, there should be co-coaches... And I don't just say that because we're a close 2nd place...

In every North American League, two coaches get the honour as the square off against one another (and hell, some of those games name two sets of co-coaches)...

The first one should be by PPG... The league leader gets his due and in named co-coach of the all-star game... The 2nd should be voted on by all other coaches in the league (can't vote for yourself) on who they think has done the best job so far this season - kind of an early 'coach of the year' vote...

IMO Carver might win that honour (with the coaches voting), or it might go to Schmid. Both have turned their teams around...

Point is - one coach is too few... Give the PPG leader one spot - have the coaching peers vote on the 2nd coach...

Carts...

T_Mizz
06-26-2008, 07:25 AM
True say Carts I'm unclear as to whether not there will be assistants and if so who they will be and how they will be selected but maybe it's just too early in the morning but what you're saying actually makes so much sense.