PDA

View Full Version : The Post Game Show Featuring 4 points out of 6 stolen from Cruz Azul (TFC vs. CA)

prizby
09-21-2010, 11:07 PM
i never thought we'd have taken 4 from Cruz Azul that is all I have to say

twistedchinaman
09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Hoping for six, fearing three, got four.

Not a bad night.

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
I have two words to describe tonight's result: DIVINE INTERVENTION

sampace
09-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Classic game, lot's of action, positive football played by Toronto. I'm definetly smelling what Dasovic is cooking. Too bad Ibby didn't try to make a play late in the game instead of going in the corner, he had two other players with him. Would of served the Mexican team right with that ridiculous 5 minutes of time added if TFC scored with one minute left. It will come down to what happens to Real Salt lake, if they lose to the Panama team then Toronto has control of their destiny in the Champions League. Win both home games and they are through.

rocker
I can't fuckin wait until we play Arabe Unido. The Real game is massive too. But I can't wait to give those girls an asskicking.

prizby
Kind of makes you wish we had just focused on CL (ie. resting players for the first Arabe Unido game)

This game reminded me of FC Barcelona vs. Inter Milan (last year in Champions League), with Cruz Azul being Barca and us being Inter. I thought Inter played anti-soccer than and now that I look at it, I was throughly entertained by what TFC did and I have new found respect for bunkering down and taking on onslaught after onslaught...were we underestimated again by Cruz Azul?

prizby
09-21-2010, 11:11 PM
we need to hope and pray arabe can do something against RSL tomorrow and that we win out our games (by lots of goals)...lots of praying on my end!

i was eating out my heart the whole second half watching TFC...JDG showed his real worth today, DeRo playing defensive...great leadership on his end!!!

rocker
09-21-2010, 11:15 PM
RSL is probably gonna kick the crap out of Arabe tomorrow though.. after what happened in the first game. BUt still, RSL has to play Cruz Azul to finish the group stage...

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2010, 11:16 PM
No matter what happens in this f-cked up tourney we can always look back and say TFC was undefeated against Cruz Azul :D

:scarf:

twistedchinaman
09-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Kind of makes you wish we had just focused on CL (ie. resting players for the first Arabe Unido game)

This game reminded me of FC Barcelona vs. Inter Milan (last year in Champions League), with Cruz Azul being Barca and us being Inter. I thought Inter played anti-soccer than and now that I look at it, I was throughly entertained by what TFC did and I have new found respect for bunkering down and taking on onslaught after onslaught...were we underestimated again by Cruz Azul?

Again I think it depends on what their priorities were. From what I can tell they are at the top of the Mexican Apertura table. I have a sneaky feeling they once again played their B team and thought they could get away with it.

Oh, how wrong they were.

DichioTFC
09-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Can we play Cruz Azul every week? :D

DichioTFC
09-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Again I think it depends on what their priorities were. From what I can tell they are at the top of the Mexican Apertura table. I have a sneaky feeling they once again played their B team and thought they could get away with it.

Oh, how wrong they were.

Torrado came on at the 60' I think? And their #10 came on at the 45'. They didn't take us seriously... but then again, look who we started :D

twistedchinaman
RSL is probably gonna kick the crap out of Arabe tomorrow though.. after what happened in the first game. BUt still, RSL has to play Cruz Azul to finish the group stage...

So this means a draw between Arabe and RSL is best for all parties I reckon.

twistedchinaman
Can we play Cruz Azul every week? :D

Now now, we're on a low cheekiness diet. :D

habstfc
TFC has to win their remaining games or it's lights out. I'm not worried about the Arabe game, but rather the rsl game.

TFCRegina
Ah Ah Ah Ah
Stayin' Alive...Stayin' Alive...

In both League and Champions League!

Number Nine
09-21-2010, 11:19 PM
No matter happens in this f-cked up tourney we can always look back and say TFC was undefeated against Cruz Azul :D

TRUE THAT!

twistedchinaman
09-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Torrado came on at the 60' I think? And their #10 came on at the 45'. They didn't take us seriously... but then again, look who we started :D

True -- but TBH IMO if a fit Mista had played I reckon we could have finished it off with the proverbial cherry on top. But alas...

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Kudos to the entire backline tonight. Even Garcia and Hscanovics had great games...

twistedchinaman
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know what it all means in the cartoon below?

http://www.cruz-azul.com.mx/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2298&Itemid=135

Number Nine
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I can't believe DeRo took that shot in the first half from like, over 40 yards out. Lol, it wasn't even as far off as I thought it would be, he got some decent power on that ball. :) And PROPS to GARCIA, and CANN for some great defence. Towards the end, when Garcia carried the ball out of the box and into the midfield, I was like YESSSSSS!:flare:

SirBobSaget
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Its in TFC's hands now, if they win the next 2 their almost certainly through. Though if RSL takes 3 from Cruz Azul then it over. So thats a key game.

Dropping those points to Arabe is killing us.

Scenario 1 (Cruz beats RSL, Arabe drops all points)
CA 13
TFC 10
RSL 9

Scenario 2 (RSL beats Cruz , Arabe drops all points)
RSL 12
CA 10 (with way better Goal Dif)
TFC 10

Scenario 3 (RSL draw Cruz , Arabe drops all points)
RSL 10 (with way better Goal Dif)
CA 11
TFC 10

Roogsy
09-21-2010, 11:25 PM

I didn't know it at the time but others were pointing to how crucial it was to take points from Arabe. They were right. Preki screwed the pooch on that one...shocking.

twistedchinaman
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Its in TFC's hands now, if they win the next 2 their almost certainly through. Though if RSL takes 3 from Cruz Azul then it over. So thats a key game.

Scenario 1 (Cruz beats RSL, Arabe drops all points)
CA 13
TFC 10
RSL 9

Scenario 2 (RSL beats Cruz , Arabe drops all points)
RSL 12
CA 10 (with way better Goal Dif)
TFC 10

Scenario 3 (RSL draw Cruz , Arabe drops all points)
RSL 10 (with way better Goal Dif)
CA 11
TFC 10

Cool, man...but again if (and I stress IF) Arabe somehow gets a draw vs. RSL, what would it look like?

BS1327
09-21-2010, 11:30 PM
If Arabe draws RSL, then after 4,

CA - 7
RSL - 7
TFC - 4
ARU - 4

So two wins and in

Cannon
09-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Does anyone know what it all means in the cartoon below?

http://www.cruz-azul.com.mx/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2298&Itemid=135

guy on the left says "it seems to me that you're no good for nothing"
guy on the right says "serve to buy tickets for america"

Kudos to google translate.

TFC07
09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
TFC were very lucky tonight. Ibby, Peterson and White better not be back next season. They're beyond awful! Lindsey kid needs to grow up fast. The act he tried to pull off when he was subbed off was low class.

Anyway, if we had proper wingers and strikers, we could have actually had a chance to win this game.

Lucky Strike
09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
TFC playing Cruz Azul, the best team on the continent? No problem. TFC playing DC United, the worst team in MLS? Can't string two passes together.

I'm confused... Happy at the point but scratching my head until it is raw.

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 11:38 PM
People need to stop whining about Lindsey diving.

I wish all of our players would dive and we'd get penalties and free kicks.

TFCDP
Not sure of the schedule....hopefully CA doesn't play RSL in the last game as it would probably be a meaningless game for them.

Dub Narcotic
Great classic bunker game. Cann was a monster alongside lots of great performances and a bit of luck. If OBW, Ibrahim and Peterson are here next year it's a failure on the GM's part. Do you realize Fuad has been on the roster for four years and has one goal to show for it?

TFC07
09-21-2010, 11:39 PM
TFC playing Cruz Azul, the best team on the continent? No problem. TFC playing DC United, the worst team in MLS? Can't string two passes together.

I'm confused... Happy at the point but scratching my head until it is raw.

TFC didn't look good offensively at all. They didn't string passes at all tonight.

TFC07
09-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Great classic bunker game. Cann was a monster alongside lots of great performances and a bit of luck. If OBW, Ibrahim and Peterson are here next year it's a failure on the GM's part. Do you realize Fuad has been on the roster for four years and has one goal to show for it?

Not only that, but he hasn't improve at all.

Shway
09-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Im going to vouch for Ibbe

how the hell are you suppose to improve, if your put in the squad thrice a year?
Training can only do so much

and I say ..........keep him!

OBW.............he can go ( and to think he didnt want to commit to his future .....thats a big LOL)

habstfc
09-22-2010, 12:02 AM

how the hell are you suppose to improve, if your put in the squad thrice a year?

OBW.............he can go ( and to think he didnt want to commit to his future .....thats a big LOL)

I agree. Ever since the reserve league was dissolved he hasn't had a chance to get better with playing time. You won't develop if you don't play.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-22-2010, 12:13 AM
That was not easy on the eyes. Great result, but blah not much fun to watch. Good bunker performance or did TFC just have no capacity to go forward?

Dub Narcotic
09-22-2010, 12:14 AM

Fuad is total garbage. What is there to improve on? He never does anything, has no appreciable skills and hasn't grown or looked better in four years. He can get some games in USL if he's lucky and realize whatever potential he has there.

TFCRegina
09-22-2010, 12:47 AM
guy on the left says "it seems to me that you're no good for nothing"
guy on the right says "serve to buy tickets for america"

Kudos to google translate.

Someone should make one for the TFC Mountie doing something to that damn rabbit...like show the rabbit with a black eye and have us quoting: "I thought about six punches, but I'll settle for four."

Cannon
09-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Someone should make one for the TFC Mountie doing something to that damn rabbit...like show the rabbit with a black eye and have us quoting: "I thought about six punches, but I'll settle for four."

Works for me ... if only I had an ounce of photoshop skills

twistedchinaman
09-22-2010, 01:39 AM

I'm wondering if that's roiling in the minds of the Club America ultras right now...

Dub Narcotic
09-22-2010, 01:42 AM
BTW, props to Garcia. I think he's played reasonably well at fullback for most of the year. I want to see an upgrade at LB next year, but he's done much better than expected.

TheRenter
09-22-2010, 02:03 AM
We're Alive!...ALIVE!!

Beee affraid, bee vvery afffraid!

09-22-2010, 05:18 AM
We absolutely want Unido to win tonight.

If Unido wins tonight, then 2 wins and we're in.
If UA and RSL draw tonight, then we need 2 wins AND some help.
If RSL wins tonight, then we need 2 wins and a tonne of help.

BTW, we hold the tie breaker over CA. Head to Head goal dif is the tiebreaker (not overall goal dif). That is very good news.

09-22-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm really hoping this doesn't happen:

We win our last 2 games and finish with 10 points.

RSL win tonight and lose to us by 2 or less. They go into the final game with 9 points and the tiebreaker over us.

Cruz Azul beat UA in week 5 at home. They go into the final game with 10 points with us holding the tiebreaker over them.

Result? Both Cruz Azul and RSL need exactly a draw in the last match, and they both advance. Neither team needs a win. Either team would be eliminated with a loss. But a 0-0 draw sends them both through.

RSL should beat UA in week 4.
Cruz should beat UA in week 5.

This is likely to happen.

ArmenJBX
09-22-2010, 06:52 AM
You have all missed the real hero last night

Ty Harden. If Nana goes now, I have no problem.

Oldtimer
09-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Very impressed that TFC managed a tie in Mexico. That is a stunning achievement. Even a tie in Mexico is very difficult.

Bunkering in was exactly the right strategy, and our defense was pretty good.

If we win both home games, its very likely we'll be through. Too bad Preki lost us the UA match, or we'd be in a much better position.

ensco
09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm really hoping this doesn't happen:

We win our last 2 games and finish with 10 points.

RSL win tonight and lose to us by 2 or less. They go into the final game with 9 points and the tiebreaker over us.

Cruz Azul beat UA in week 5 at home. They go into the final game with 10 points with us holding the tiebreaker over them.

Result? Both Cruz Azul and RSL need exactly a draw in the last match, and they both advance. Neither team needs a win. Either team would be eliminated with a loss. But a 0-0 draw sends them both through.

RSL should beat UA in week 4.
Cruz should beat UA in week 5.

This is likely to happen.

Nice analysis. You're right, if RSL win tonight, we're almost certainly cooked, even if we win our last two. Those late goals allowed at Salt Lake were killers.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
TFC WIN 0-0.....

where have i seen this before..;)

James17930
09-22-2010, 08:13 AM

That's incorrect. I'm not saying he's great, but give him credit where it's due -- he has 3 goals.

Darlofletch
09-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Very unexpected result, especially with the starting line-up.

I love the "cann clears" segment on tfctv. he had a great game and deserves the hype.

TFC Cityboy
09-22-2010, 08:49 AM
the defence was fantastic- Garcia was fantastic (never wrote that before). Conway organises them well (perhaps even better than Frei). JDG was a big improvement, and Dero ran his ass off.
The gameplan was no doubt affected by the early injuries, meaning we only had one sub for the 2nd half. Had it not been thuis, Daso may have brought Chad/Maicon or Mista to try and steal the points, but all things considered this is a huge point.
We'd have been looking at all-but-mathematical elimination with a defeat.
RSL next week has meaning now.
Well done, lads.

Cannon
09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
the defence was fantastic- Garcia was fantastic (never wrote that before). Conway organises them well (perhaps even better than Frei). JDG was a big improvement, and Dero ran his ass off.
The gameplan was no doubt affected by the early injuries, meaning we only had one sub for the 2nd half. Had it not been thuis, Daso may have brought Chad/Maicon or Mista to try and steal the points, but all things considered this is a huge point.
We'd have been looking at all-but-mathematical elimination with a defeat.
RSL next week has meaning now.
Well done, lads.

Mista was suspended but your point was dead on besides that.

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
:hurray:

Well done boys!

Thrillos
09-22-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that the plan was to bring on chad/maicon to steal a point, but we ran out of subs due to the injuries in the first half. I would have loved to see Daso's plan fully played out. Because I bet that ending where Ibby wasted 3 solid counter attacks, if Chad or Maicon was on in place of him (which i'm assumiing would have happened because Daso is smart) we could have stolen 2 more points.

The only player who did not fulfill my expectations for tonight was Ibby, I'm sorry but at almost 200k, he is an absolute waste of money and can only be assumed as another horrible contract signing by MoJo. (Safe to assume he is a First Wave client...)

Shway
09-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Fuad is total garbage. What is there to improve on? He never does anything, has no appreciable skills and hasn't grown or looked better in four years. He can get some games in USL if he's lucky and realize whatever potential he has there.

He's part of the US-20 program, and an influential player there.
Take for example a player like Brek Shea, he was considered garbage, but was given the OPPORTUNITY, and BELIEF, and is now a starter for FC Dallas, through his CONFIDENCE.

CONFIDENCE can only germinate your full potential.

I still stand firm on Ibee,give him another year, in the event of the return of the reserve league next year, you will see a different player.

Dv23
09-22-2010, 09:40 AM
The Bad News: Very little offense. This is understandable though. I think we obviously played for the tie against a very very good team.

The Good News: Best game I have seen from both Garcia and possibly even JDG in recent memory. Both brought their A-Game. I didn't see JDG give anything away. He was strong defensively, and made solid passes all night.

I think if Barrett played, we'd have won 1-0 though.

Shway
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
The Bad News: Very little offense. This is understandable though. I think we obviously played for the tie against a very very good team.

The Good News: Best game I have seen from both Garcia and possibly even JDG in recent memory. Both brought their A-Game. I didn't see JDG give anything away. He was strong defensively, and made solid passes all night.

I think if Barrett played, we'd have won 1-0 though.

IMHO

Garcia has been playing great these past few games

Dv23
09-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I won't argue with you there. I have been VERY impressed with him for a good part of this season.

Pachuco
09-22-2010, 10:55 AM
If Arabe draws RSL, then after 4,

CA - 7
RSL - 7
TFC - 4
ARU - 4

So two wins and in

If a tie is not possible, the next best thing is for Arabe Unido to win. with two wins we are probalby in as well in this scenario because of goal difference. Arabe Unido right now has the worst GD. They'd have to smash CA and RSL which surely better not happen.

J .
09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I cant believe TFC didnt play attacking football. Unbelievable. I thought we got rid of Preki ball. They should have gone for the win, not some silly tie! Where was the attacking flair?

Like, why on earth wasnt DeRo starting, why was OBW or Ibee? Is Dasovic trying to get us eliminated?

Pachuco
09-22-2010, 11:09 AM
I cant believe TFC didnt play attacking football. Unbelievable. I thought we got rid of Preki ball. They should have gone for the win, not some silly tie! Where was the attacking flair?

Like, why on earth wasnt DeRo starting, why was OBW or Ibee? Is Dasovic trying to get us eliminated?

If you are trying to be sarcastic. There is a huge difference between playing defensive football against the Philadelphia Union at home and playing defensive football against Cruz Azul. There is a time and place for defensive football. Preki didn't know that time and place, he didn't know attacking football period.

Section 117
09-22-2010, 11:17 AM
If you are trying to be sarcastic. There is a huge difference between playing defensive football against the Philadelphia Union at home and playing defensive football against Cruz Azul. There is a time and place for defensive football. Preki didn't know that time and place, he didn't know attacking football period.

Completely agree in Mexico if you want to lose 6-0 play attacking football. It was the right move and I am proud of the way the boys played.

The played Prekiball perfectly without Preki... Hmmm it makes you think maybe it ws the coach after all

P-NUTZ
09-22-2010, 11:31 AM
a tie was a wonderful result. too bad it may not be enuff- but i hope it can be if we take the next 6pts - which is not impossible.

Fort York Redcoat
09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Completely content with that draw. I wasn't exactly comfortable with how much fire we took but the lads stayed strong.

David_Oliveira
09-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I'll tell you one thing. This was the most impressive defensive game we have EVER played. For the most part, we shut down their forward avenues, leaving them to play the ball laterally or back. This allowed the players who were out of position to get back in position and left CA with only crosses into the box as their only real chance of attack. With the twin towers as CBs, they easily (for the most part) disposed of the ball.

I think the injuries really screwed Daso over. I firmly believe he wanted to put in a super sub duo of Chad and Maicon which would have destroyed a backline that would have been confident with their play against OBW and Ibby.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-22-2010, 11:43 AM
well done boys!

http://a.yfrog.com/img195/3585/2ih.jpg

Lucky Strike
09-22-2010, 11:43 AM
TFC didn't look good offensively at all. They didn't string passes at all tonight.

The example doesn't necessarily means its opposite in the other situation. Because TFC couldn't pass the ball well at all against DC doesn't mean I'm implying the reverse was true against Cruz Azul because the result of the match was favourable.

Borga
09-22-2010, 12:03 PM
I do hope the guy asking for attacking football last night was joking. Had TFC done that, they would have gotten picked apart and lost badly. The tie was a wonderful result.

J .
09-22-2010, 12:09 PM
I love you guys...

FC all the way!

Kaz
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
It's too bad that the ref decided not to give that last corner to TFC, would have been nice to get one right at the end there. But it was an enjoyable game.. it really is too bad about the lack of attacking play.

We played a tactical and little bit dirty game in a smoggy, high alt, noisy, hostile place, and we came away with what we needed. Cruz has beat everyone but us.. if we can get some revenge on the diving pricks from panama at home and give RSL some decent play, then we have a chance on moving forward.. really wish we had drawn a slightly easier group..

v00d00daddy
09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm ecstatic about the draw. A point in Mexico is pretty big for TFC.

That being said...I don't ever want to hear people complain about an opponent embellishing injuries or wasting time again. We were as bad a Unido Aribe, minus the crying and wailing.

TFC players were letting balls go into touch when there was literally nobody within 25 yards of them.

I have no problem with these tactics because I'm all about results...but I can't wait to see the threads when a team does this to us again.

I'm sure Cruz was as frustrated with TFC's behaviour as TFC was with Aribe a few weeks ago.

Tit for tat fuckers. :)

ps...those of you who think we were "robbed" or could have won that game....lol...simmer down nah.

http://www.theunabashedqueer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Simmer+down+na.jpg

kodiakTFC
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Cann played unbelievable. I have to say, some of the pick ups this year have been absolute steals (Cann, Gargan). Tonight, despite how dirty it feels, I'm a Arabe Unido fan. eww.

loconet
09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
lmao.. Cruz Azul fans are losing their shit about how defensive we played.
http://foro.mediotiempo.com/showthread.php?136081-CLC-J-4-Cruz-Azul-Toronto-FC/page2

4 points guueyes! hahah

Stryker
09-22-2010, 01:05 PM
You have all missed the real hero last night

Ty Harden. If Nana goes now, I have no problem.

:facepalm:

J .
09-22-2010, 01:10 PM
http://foro.mediotiempo.com/showthread.php?136081-CLC-J-4-Cruz-Azul-Toronto-FC/page2

4 points guueyes! hahah

Makes me wish I could read spanish. I'd be massively pissed if I was them. Personally, I loved it.

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM

4 points guueyes! hahah

This comment made me laugh:

Esta porquería de equipo de Toronto no puede ser que no se le haya podido ganar en ninguno de los partidos. Es increible lo ratonero que juegan, este equipo es más ratonero y metido atrás que un equipo de Gallego!!

LOL! They are not happy.

pekduck
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
hmm.. google translate.. here i come...

all you spanish speaking bastards who post and won't translate, yeah that's right, roogsy, i'm looking at you :D

Canada72
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
well done boys!

http://a.yfrog.com/img195/3585/2ih.jpg
Where/Who is this pic from?

The people standing behind them look kind of shady.

Pachuco
09-22-2010, 01:40 PM

Esta porquería de equipo de Toronto no puede ser que no se le haya podido ganar en ninguno de los partidos. Es increible lo ratonero que juegan, este equipo es más ratonero y metido atrás que un equipo de Gallego!!

LOL! They are not happy.

This translates to:
This piece of shit Toronto team went out and hired a coach who only knows how to play anti-football. It's incredible how how defensive those rats play thanks to their coach's anti-football mentality. That Preki coach, he's a prick. :D

TFC_Central
09-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Ah Ah Ah Ah
Stayin' Alive...Stayin' Alive...

In both League and Champions League!

ZSzk7lDY1iw

As it turns out, that song is not good luck.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Where/Who is this pic from?

The people standing behind them look kind of shady.

our boys down in mexico......they shady one are the POLCIA! :D

pekduck
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
This translates to:
This piece of shit Toronto team went out and hired a coach who only knows how to play anti-football. It's incredible how how defensive those rats play thanks to their coach's anti-football mentality. That Preki coach, he's a prick. :D

i failed to spot Preki in Spanish there :rolleyes:

:D

yeah.. google translate doesn't work well on that comment thread :(

pekduck
09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
our boys down in mexico......they shady one are the POLCIA! :D

anti-riot squad with shield, batons and masks

normal policia were outside, on average, each of us have 5 polica assigned for 'safety' outside the gate :D

Borga
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Props to you guys for making the trip to Mexico City.

prizby
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
kevin and others...any good stories about being down in mexico city, did there fans respect you?

Kaz
09-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Babelfish works not too bad if you are willing to read between the words a bit...

They were not happy and I understand why, CA is a good team, some of the guy took a little too long.. Lindsey ;), or were overly "injured" but the basic play was such that we went in hoping to defend heavy and get some counters, the counters never really came so we took the point, in a very bad place for a sea level "clean" air team to play in.

I don't like the way we played, but we played the right way for the opponent the pansy Panamanians were playing at home and played dirty ball. At home played strong and won. Now we just need to do that for 5 MLS games and 2 more CCL games.. then it's BMO in March cold woot.

TFCRegina
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM

LOL! They are not happy.

Found a comment on the 3rd page of that forum...made me giggle so much.

Roughly translated to english it means: I wasted 2 hours of my life watching that game.

How many TFC games have i said that in?

I've lost track! Bottom Rail is on top this time! :hump:

TFCRegina
09-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Works for me ... if only I had an ounce of photoshop skills

I'd do it too...if I had photoshop skills.

jloome
09-22-2010, 06:00 PM
:facepalm:

:picard: I facepalm your facepalm, since Harden was exceptional last night. If you're going to criticism someone, have a point, instead of just leaving smarmy emoticons.

ArmenJBX
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Harden was awesome. I'd be totally fine with Nana leaving tbh. if he doesn't want to be here, because Harden is more then capable of stepping in.

prizby
09-22-2010, 06:23 PM

4 points guueyes! hahah

Reading some of those comments, granted poorly translated by google, I don't like the amount of disrespect most of there fans gave us.

They complain about well everything. It starts with well what if they played there "A" team. Do they think we played our "A" team...no De Rosario, Gargan, Labrocca, Barrett, Mista, Saric, Frei, and Attakora in the starting line up? Are they that ignorant to think that a 19 year old in Fuad Ibrahim and an 18 year old in Nicolas Lindsey, who just signed with TFC, are really part of the "first team".

The Preki comment later stated is even more hillarious...just like they though they were going to be playing on field turf. Did anyone look at their grass "turf", you would think they would rather play on field turf...at least our grass doesn't look like a farmers patch or something like that.

Then they complain about the way WE played, bunkering down, some even saying we had 11 behind the ball (which is not true, O'Brian White was almost always at half unless it was a corner kick). They called it anti-football, which if you asked me 5 months ago, I would have agreed with you. If you read my first post, when I compare Internazionale versus Barcelona; I like Inter, I have two Internazionale jersey's and a scarf, but I love Barcelona and it hurt to watch the way Internazionale play and frustrated me that it took 85 minutes to score 1 goal and Barcelona couldn't make it through. That hurt a lot. But after watching Toronto FC play the exact same way versus Cruz Azul, I have a new found respect for it...why...because I was throughly entertained by the way Toronto played and the game, the action, kept me on the edge of my seat as I was literally eating my heart hoping for dear life that Toronto would hold on.

Instead of whining about the way Toronto played, they should be disappointed in the way there team played. How many goals could have been scored on free kicks that missed the net? How many goals could have been scored on headers that went wide or straight into Conway's mitts? How many goals could have been scored if the ball wasn't hammered 100 feet over the net or wide of the net? Cruz Azul had plenty of chances, but they never capitalized and they have only themselves to blame!

Cruz Azul fans if you should come by this and read:

If you don't like the style Toronto FC played, then I must remind you of this game here:

feRpnm8eMeA
or
L7Ws7h4SiLA

We were missing at least four regular starters and had an unfit Mista. We didn't bunker down, we actually went out and attacked...and you still couldn't win, let alone tie!

You have a great team, probably the best in North America; there is no denying this. You have fantastic players, world class stars, and will win many more games this year. The fact is we took four points from you, we played our two best games of the season, you didn't win, and you have to face the facts that you only have yourselves to blame for that!

Pachuco
09-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Harden was awesome. I'd be totally fine with Nana leaving tbh. if he doesn't want to be here, because Harden is more then capable of stepping in.

Talk about an overreaction. More then capable?..don't think so.

TFCRegina
09-22-2010, 06:49 PM
^^

Yep, Cruz Azul supporters are in denial. It comes with being a powerful team and then being unable to adjust to a shock like that.

We play two completely different styles of play, we play in different leagues...it doesn't mean our style of play is superior to theirs, it just means that on these two given nights we were better. We made the better tactical choices, we executed better.

They are better on paper, we were better in reality.

ArmenJBX
09-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Talk about an overreaction. More then capable?..don't think so.

He has yet to make a single mistake and has been solid. I dare you to find something he's done wrong. He has been thoroughly impressive especially considering he hasn't played in a year and also came back from injury.

Blizzard
09-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Reading some of those comments, granted poorly translated by google, I don't like the amount of disrespect most of there fans gave us.

They complain about well everything. It starts with well what if they played there "A" team. Do they think we played our "A" team...no De Rosario, Gargan, Labrocca, Barrett, Mista, Saric, Frei, and Attakora in the starting line up? Are they that ignorant to think that a 19 year old in Fuad Ibrahim and an 18 year old in Nicolas Lindsey, who just signed with TFC, are really part of the "first team".

The Preki comment later stated is even more hillarious...just like they though they were going to be playing on field turf. Did anyone look at their grass "turf", you would think they would rather play on field turf...at least our grass doesn't look like a farmers patch or something like that.

Then they complain about the way WE played, bunkering down, some even saying we had 11 behind the ball (which is not true, O'Brian White was almost always at half unless it was a corner kick). They called it anti-football, which if you asked me 5 months ago, I would have agreed with you. If you read my first post, when I compare Internazionale versus Barcelona; I like Inter, I have two Internazionale jersey's and a scarf, but I love Barcelona and it hurt to watch the way Internazionale play and frustrated me that it took 85 minutes to score 1 goal and Barcelona couldn't make it through. That hurt a lot. But after watching Toronto FC play the exact same way versus Cruz Azul, I have a new found respect for it...why...because I was throughly entertained by the way Toronto played and the game, the action, kept me on the edge of my seat as I was literally eating my heart hoping for dear life that Toronto would hold on.

Instead of whining about the way Toronto played, they should be disappointed in the way there team played. How many goals could have been scored on free kicks that missed the net? How many goals could have been scored on headers that went wide or straight into Conway's mitts? How many goals could have been scored if the ball wasn't hammered 100 feet over the net or wide of the net? Cruz Azul had plenty of chances, but they never capitalized and they have only themselves to blame!

Cruz Azul fans if you should come by this and read:

If you don't like the style Toronto FC played, then I must remind you of this game here:

feRpnm8eMeA
or
L7Ws7h4SiLA

We were missing at least four regular starters and had an unfit Mista. We didn't bunker down, we actually went out and attacked...and you still couldn't win, let alone tie!

You have a great team, probably the best in North America; there is no denying this. You have fantastic players, world class stars, and will win many more games this year. The fact is we took four points from you, we played our two best games of the season, you didn't win, and you have to face the facts that you only have yourselves to blame for that!

Have any of them said "at least we would have won on the away goals rule!"???

jloome
09-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Ok, that's just silly. Nana's still, to me, the better defender until proven otherwise and we need the depth either way.

Pachuco
09-22-2010, 10:14 PM
He has yet to make a single mistake and has been solid. I dare you to find something he's done wrong. He has been thoroughly impressive especially considering he hasn't played in a year and also came back from injury.

Dude, if it was up to you Harden, Peterson and Labrocca would consists of our MLS cup winning side. Sorry man, I don't take anything you say seriously. Your opinion is in no way consistent so I can't beleive that you believe anything you say. It's not an attack, I'm genuinely telling you how you come across.

Harden's played some decent games at CB. He was terrible at LB at the beginning of the year. He's good depth, but no way is he a starter on a contending team in the MLS.

bgnewf
09-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Alive And Kicking

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/alive-and-kicking/

TFC pulls off an upset once again against Cruz Azul in the CONCACAF Champions League and is still in with a chance. I break down the math for TFC to qualify plus I vent once again about the gouging of TFC fans by MLSE.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.

twistedchinaman
09-23-2010, 01:49 AM
^^

Yep, Cruz Azul supporters are in denial. It comes with being a powerful team and then being unable to adjust to a shock like that.

We play two completely different styles of play, we play in different leagues...it doesn't mean our style of play is superior to theirs, it just means that on these two given nights we were better. We made the better tactical choices, we executed better.

That's not too far from the truth I reckon...although you have to say luck had to have played at least a hand or two in that card game.

v00d00daddy
09-23-2010, 08:22 AM
^^

Ummm...we tied. We didn't win the game dude. They had the better of the ball and looked the better team. We're all happy because we managed a point. Not because we ran over a world powerhouse. Perspective man.

That's not too far from the truth I reckon...although you have to say luck had to have played at least a hand or two in that card game.

Yeah...the stars aligned just so we could get a point.

The CRUZ fans are pissed off because they know that their team is far superior to ours, but didn't show it. They played poorly.

It's kind of like our game at Unido Aribe. We knew we were better (how could any team be worse...those guys sucked) but we shit the bed. Much like the Cruz fans, we blamed the other teams "tactics" when really, we should have blamed the players and even more so, Preki.

Tactics or antics aside...when you're that much better than your opponent you should find a way to win. We should have done it with Aribe and Cruz should have done it with us.

But that's the beauty of this game. Sometimes the illogical occurs.

Stryker
09-23-2010, 09:49 AM
He played a couple games near the start of the year and stunk. Then he played a decent game and got cleated in the shin.
Less Fifa 10 more reality please.

Shakes McQueen
09-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Dude, if it was up to you Harden, Peterson and Labrocca would consists of our MLS cup winning side. Sorry man, I don't take anything you say seriously. Your opinion is in no way consistent so I can't beleive that you believe anything you say. It's not an attack, I'm genuinely telling you how you come across.

Harden's played some decent games at CB. He was terrible at LB at the beginning of the year. He's good depth, but no way is he a starter on a contending team in the MLS.

I'm with you on this. Harden has only played a handful of games for us, and hasn't been consistently good through them at all. The idea that he could obviously step in for us, based on his body of work with the team, is laughable.

I'm all for keeping Harden around - which is more than I could say for a guy like Peterson - but that's about it. Until he consistently proves otherwise, Harden is bench depth.

- Scott