PDA

View Full Version : MLS CUP Tickets? What???

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 07:57 PM
So, I got the call today. You know which call. The dreaded call explaining to me (briefly and with a hint of outrage) that yes, ticket prices were going up, that yes there would be more games, that yes I would paying for the nutrilite stuff (I can't really remember whether or not I did so this year..but would rather NOT do so...frankly this CONCACAF football is garbage - note:Arabe Unido makes me think nothing but warm and fuzzy thoughts re:having bought tickets to this crap!), and most importantly - And this is the abcoluet clincher - that I would be buying tickets to the MLS cup. Ya FUCKING HOOO!!!

TO be clear, I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE FELT SO F'ING ABUSED AS A CLIENT. NOT EVER!!!! And I know I am not alone.

Boy was I skeptical when I heard we (toronto) had been granted this priviledge. Moreover, I was even secretly hoping that the fix was actually on; that TFC would not only make the playoffs, but dawn ear muffs, hand warmers, etc., and win the MLS CUP!. But no, the MLSE Gods (Yes you, you mother F...kers!) had no such plans. But they sure as shit planned to fill the place...or at least to have "paid attendance" that is substantial, and yes, they are going to get away with it.

I don't know about all of you, but I love having a team to cheer for in a sport that I love. for me and my family, MLSE is doing a heck of a job of doing away with that love... Do they really expect me to head down to BMO at the end of Novemeber to whatch LA-NY or whomever? This is not Green bay, I am not a shareholder, and well, TFC are not the packers.. and oh by the way, I AM NOT THAT FUCKING CRAZY (and neither is my 9 year old..who has grown cynical re:TFC). Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else who is either..anywhere..and hence I am very much reigned to swallowing those tickets. Maybe I will frame them and place them above "the throne"... hmm I like that.. most appropriate

In conclusion, I have to say, that my knee pads are all worn out... I feel sore... And I know I am not alone. The question is whether or not we have the collective strength to do anything about this. I am not suggesting that we give up our season tickets. Let's support our team. HOWEVER, imagine what would happen if all 17,000 (I think that's the number) season ticket holders boycotted the game? By boycott I mean, we do not go, we do not sell our tickets, and we tell toronto that we are not going, that the game will be awful (Nobody will want to go if they know BMO is empty...). Boycotting MLSE in this way would casue a leel of embarassment that would get coverage...serious media coverage. And what would it cost us? NOTHING! If we are committed to TFC we HAVE TO buy the tickets, so they represent a sunk cost. And truly, why head down to see whomever, when we could watch an empty stadium from the warmth of our homes..or better yet, a bar (Celebratory drinks if we could do this would be required..and far less expensive than frozen carlsberg at BMO).

So, what do you say? Let's deliver MLSE the king size FUCK YOU they deserve... :flare:

rocker
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
(I can't really remember whether or not I did so this year..

you can't remember? you owned season seats and you can't remember if Nutrilite was in it?

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Weren't they included for free? I do now that I was a bit suprised that those motagua tickets miraculously converted to a full CONCACAF commitment... BAsed on your commetn, I guess we did. CAVEAT EMPTOR BABY!

rocker
09-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Weren't they included for free? I do now that I was a bit suprised that those motagua tickets miraculously converted to a full CONCACAF commitment... BAsed on your commetn, I guess we did. CAVEAT EMPTOR BABY!

umm no, they weren't free. You paid for them in your season's tickets. We beat Montreal and tied Vancouver.

wzhxvy
09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
who cares if he remembers...I dont freaking remember either...anyways...I appreciate the sentiment in your post. I think this season shows that MLSE and their heralded business genius PB are not bright. They made their first arrogant mistake with the North End this year, and now this. It will bite them in the ass.

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Sorry, to be clear, the only thing I don't remember is whether I paid for them (but thanks to you, I do now..) I even remember the second game being an academy tri out. I gave those tickets away...

SO, how about the boycott? Let's show some outrage Damnit!

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Alright then. Some North End love courtesy of wzhxvy.

LETS SHOW SOME FRIGGIN' OUTRAGE. Wow am I pissed off. And I had better not be alone!

Globetrotter
09-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Problem. 16,000 season seat holders. 25 monkeys or so that frequent this forum. How are you going to spread the word? How are you going to convince the 8 year olds that are going with their group that they shouldn't go?

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Problem. 16,000 season seat holders. 25 monkeys or so that frequent this forum. How are you going to spread the word? How are you going to convince the 8 year olds that are going with their group that they shouldn't go?
I know there are at least a few very capable monkeys around here... And by the way, do you see that many 8 year ollds at the game, and how many of those do you think want to be there when it is "0" and windy, when they could be plying their comuter at home?

No escuses. This is agood one.

Hitcho
09-21-2010, 08:44 PM
In conclusion, I have to say, that my knee pads are all worn out... I feel sore... And I know I am not alone.

:D:D:D

I think a lot of people would agree with the sentiment in your post, especially today, but ultimately this is probably a fairly fruitless endeavour. At most the SG's (combined) probably total about a thousand people, two thousand absolute tops if you're ambitious in defining them. Just getting them to stay away would be an achievement. As for the other 16,000-17,000 people, good luck.

For what it's worth, I probably won't be going. Partly because of resentment, partly because of availability issues. I imagine a lot of people will also be ambivalent about going.

However, askng people not to sell their tickets when they've just been raped (again) by MLSE and their SSH costs is a bit stiff. Some people can barely afford to retain the SSH packs, so if they can make a couple of hundred bucks back, even a profit on the MLS Cup Final game, then good luck to them. How much of a market there will be and how flooded it is with SSH selling heir tickets is another issue though.

Wagner
09-21-2010, 08:48 PM
if i don't renew...
Saturday will be my second last game in my seats...
sure i'm pissed, but the tix are already paid for, and I don't buy anything in the stadium...so it's no different to ML$E if i don't go. so i might as well enjoy watching DeRo in person.

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:49 PM
THe beuty of this plan is that I am really not asking anyone to make a sacrifice of any sort. On the one hand we have no choice but to buy the friggin tickets, and on the other, there is no market for them. No TFC = No market. On the other hand, we embarasse those sanctimonious mother F..kers, now that would of some value; that would represent to many if not most of us, some rsemblance of recovery!

Hitcho
09-21-2010, 08:51 PM
THe beuty of this plan is that I am really not asking anyone to make a sacrifice of any sort. On the one hand we have no choice but to buy the friggin tickets, and on the other, there is no market for them. No TFC = No market. On the other hand, we embarasse those sanctimonious mother F..kers, now that would of some value; that would represent to many if not most of us, some rsemblance of recovery!

If the final turns out to be Beckham vs Henry then you better believe there will be a market for those tickets. Jesus, there might even be an international tv audience that actually gives a passing crap about an MLS game for once (might).

prizby
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
they wont care....16,000 tickets paid for that r empty wont change the $ in their pockets

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:55 PM
It will be so cold Henri will look white... And oth of them will look better from the inside of a bar or our homes... in HD no less... THANK YOU CBC!

BOYCOTT MLS CUP!

All I am saaaaayyyying...is FUCK MLSE!

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
they wont care....16,000 tickets paid for that r empty wont change the $ in their pockets
MLS, MLSE, Carlsberg, and all other sponsors will be nothing short of outraged if faced with an empty stadium for what is supposedly a serious sprots event.

ust close your eyes and imagine BMO field cold, windy, empty, some useless second rate coutry and western star singing the star spangled banner annd likely screwing up our anthem... Ahh yes, what a dream. And "0" beer sales to accompany the frozen popcorn likely recycled from the presious night's action at the ACC...

Oh yes, this would be perfect.

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 09:54 PM
I think a better campaign would be to force TFC to give us the option to opt out of the MLS Cup.

Its the least they could do for our loyalty.

ensco
09-21-2010, 09:59 PM
I like the idea of doing something at the MLS Cup game itself. That makes sense.

Roogsy
09-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Did you renew? Because if you renewed, then you willingly got down on your knees and wore those kneepads out.

I am waiting until the last day and then when my rep calls me I will be calmly telling him to cut my order back down to my 2 cheap seats. That is how I am showing my outrage. If someone is truly outrage they take meaningful steps, not just ranting and raving.

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm considering filing a complaint with the Canadian Competition Bureau over the MLS Cup tickets:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01246.html

Tied-selling isn't really legal.

Kevvv
09-21-2010, 11:15 PM
If their tied-selling isn't harmful to competition, it probably is legal.

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 11:49 PM
If you don't want them, don't buy them. Simple as that.

bones
09-22-2010, 01:26 AM
If you don't want them, don't buy them. Simple as that.

Hali-fucking-luya

We have a fucking team ffs, I'm renewing mine. More games, MLS cup final (oh and by the way I haven't missed a final in 4 years so fuck off) and a new fucking tax! YES they went up!

yes, I'm very drunk too... BUT WE TOOK A POINT TONIGHT!!!

Bones...

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 06:06 AM
and a new fucking tax!

You do realize the introduction of the HST actually lowers the price by 2%?

Section 110
09-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Did you renew? Because if you renewed, then you willingly got down on your knees and wore those kneepads out.

I am waiting until the last day and then when my rep calls me I will be calmly telling him to cut my order back down to my 2 cheap seats. That is how I am showing my outrage. If someone is truly outrage they take meaningful steps, not just ranting and raving.

I'm sorry, but that won't make them take notice of anything. Unless there is a united attempt to voice our displeasure (ie. boycott) dropping some seats is actually benefitting them because they can then say to the waiting list, "See? Your patience will be rewarded."

Letting some seats go doesn't demonstrate anything other than that you're tightening the purse strings. The game should either be boycotted or we should collectively demand that the MLS Cup tickets be omitted from the SSH packages. Those are the choices we have as SSH's, and the reality is that we're stuck with the Cup tickets. I'm on the boycott bandwagon. Anyone else?

nfitz
09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
and a new fucking tax!You do realize the introduction of the HST actually lowers the price by 2%?Perhaps there is really a new fucking tax ... surely prostitutes are providing a service and have to collect the new HST.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 08:45 AM
lol... protest. I'm sorry guys, but this all reeks of a sense of entitlement.

You have to pay a couple bucks more on the top (when divided on a per game basis, really isn't much more than peanuts) and you guys are *angry*? You guys get tickets to see the best in our league compete in the highest competition in your own backyard in your regular seat, boo fucking hoo.

MLSE is giving you an opportunity to flip your MLS Cup tickets on out-of-towners who 1. don't know any better and 2. will pay top dollar for tickets. It's funny how the chances that everyone has to make money (Real Madrid, MLS Cup) are the sources of "protests."

Buy 'em, sell 'em, flip 'em, burn 'em, drop 'em, protest... hell, I don't care. I'm getting me a pair of seasons for the 2011 campaign. :D

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 09:04 AM
You have to pay a couple bucks more on the top (when divided on a per game basis, really isn't much more than peanuts) and you guys are *angry*? You guys get tickets to see the best in our league compete in the highest competition in your own backyard in your regular seat, boo fucking hoo.

So we should just blindly accept continual price raises because the per game amount is low? That's horseshit.

How about as a sign of goodwill to the fans TFC freeze prices per game in response to a shit show of an on field product they've been offering us for 4 years?

They keep squeezing every last cent until there is nothing left.

I can't wait to see how well the reds and dark greys renew.