PDA

View Full Version : Any Plans on protesting Season Ticket Renewal scam?

SuperTCP
09-21-2010, 05:05 PM
If so, i am looking forward to chanting:

"We don;t care about players!, We don;t care about Fans!, Toronto Football Club, we're in the wrong hands!"

It was so true last year, and continues to be true.

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm planning to pay on the absolute last day.

Plus I will be dropping half of my tickets.

Plus I will no longer purchase any beer or food in the stadium. And no merchandise as well.

That's my protest.

Hitcho
09-21-2010, 05:14 PM
I am going to call my rep and complain, with a request to pass on my concerns (I know it's not her fault!) and also make it clear that I might not renew, but am thinking about what to do. Then renew on the last day, just to piss them off.

In other words, I am a gutless whiner that will just bend over and take it up the ass (well, at least for my pair in the south end)... :(

gtaguy
09-21-2010, 05:24 PM
I would love to make a huge banner that says MLS CUP OPT OUT FAIL.
TICKET INCREASE FAIL.. FOOTY QUALITY FAIL.
If i renew i would love this to be our get the message out game..
Because this game will be televised north america wide i would love it if there were banners and tifos all over with these kinds of messages..

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I would love to make a huge banner that says MLS CUP OPT OUT FAIL.
TICKET INCREASE FAIL.. FOOTY QUALITY FAIL.
If i renew i would love this to be our get the message out game..
Because this game will be televised north america wide i would love it if there were banners and tifos all over with these kinds of messages..

The funny thing is it wouldn't surprise me if the MLS Cup looks like most of our recent home games where the seats are sold and no one shows up.

At this point, I'm hoping for a blizzard that day.

mclaren
09-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I will not be renewing (unless prices change which they won't) because I can no longer afford it and would be up for a protest. However, I think the multitudes will just take it as usual so I suspect the protest would be small. I have been here since day one but they have now lost me. Whether that matters I don't know.

Brooker
09-21-2010, 05:28 PM
cough pitch invasion :D

gtaguy
09-21-2010, 05:29 PM
The funny thing is it wouldn't surprise me if the MLS Cup looks like most of our recent home games where the seats are sold and no one shows up.

That too is another way of getting the message..
A half empty, 2/3 empty stadium would do, however by then MLSE wouldn't give a rats ass becuase they would already have the money for seasons seats and probably wouldn't give a shite..

AL-MO
09-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I might do up a two stick.

Not in time for this Saturday though.

Torontotonto
09-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Not much time to plan, however we have to let those MLSE money grabbing scoundrels know how we feel this Saturday. Idea's anyone ?

Flipityflu
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
walking away at the end of the season is my protest.

Hitcho
09-21-2010, 06:14 PM

No, then they would just blame it on the weather. It would be much better to have a glorious day and an empty stadium that cannot be explained away.

This is unlikely though, because so many soccer mom packs will be sold to the final now that the kids etc will want to go along and the turn out will be respectable. Mlse are not stupid, they know this.

My worry about this team is long term. If fans on here who have been in from the start are not renewing their tickets, and prices keep going up, then where the hell is the supporter base going to be in 5 years? it will become highly corporate/family and hardly urban soccer fan at all, and then interest will eventually die and the team will be fucked. We'll become another team with a half empty stadium each week. :(

Globetrotter
09-21-2010, 06:30 PM
I wrote an article several years ago about what fans can do in situations like these. People often say "just don't buy a ticket". Problem is, in a lot of cases (NFL, the Leafs, etc) the demand is outstandingly high, so you have to assume that if you don't buy the ticket, someone else will. Now I'm going from memory (can't find where the copy is), but here are some points on how to hurt the ownership financially while not having to give up your seat:

1) don't buy food or drink at the stadium. drink and eat somewhere else before or after the game.
2) don't buy the merchandise anywhere. you can likely find a red t-shirt at a Goodwill or Salvation army for $3. You don't need a program, the info is available for free on the web (which you probably have on your iphone or BB). Items like hats, scarves, flags, are often given away before or after the game by sponsors. Get free stuff where you can, don't pay for anything.
3) don't park in their lot (this doesn't really apply to TFC, as I don't believe they own the lot)
4) games are often aired online or free on TV. no need for specialty channels own by the team.

I'm missing about 4 more items, I'm sure I'll remember them soon enough (might amend the post)... bottom line, don't give them your money where it's not required. You should really only pay for your seat.

ExiledRed
09-21-2010, 06:31 PM
How possible is a second Toronto team?

CretanBull
09-21-2010, 06:37 PM

Highly unlikely..there are people in the mainstream who still don't believe in the long term success of TFC, getting investors to bring another team to town would be really, really, difficult. Even if they were found, you can bet that MLSE would do everything in their power to prevent it from happening (as Hamilton why they don't have a hockey team yet!).

Beach_Red
09-21-2010, 06:43 PM
^ I would bet that MLSE made exclusive territorial rights a condition of taking the franchise in the first place.

razor787
09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
2nd toronto team will NEVER happen. Best we can hope for is for the masses to start heading to Lynx games...

Flipityflu
09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I wrote an article several years ago about what fans can do in situations like these. People often say "just don't buy a ticket". Problem is, in a lot of cases (NFL, the Leafs, etc) the demand is outstandingly high, so you have to assume that if you don't buy the ticket, someone else will. Now I'm going from memory (can't find where the copy is), but here are some points on how to hurt the ownership financially while not having to give up your seat:

1) don't buy food or drink at the stadium. drink and eat somewhere else before or after the game.
2) don't buy the merchandise anywhere. you can likely find a red t-shirt at a Goodwill or Salvation army for $3. You don't need a program, the info is available for free on the web (which you probably have on your iphone or BB). Items like hats, scarves, flags, are often given away before or after the game by sponsors. Get free stuff where you can, don't pay for anything.
3) don't park in their lot (this doesn't really apply to TFC, as I don't believe they own the lot)
4) games are often aired online or free on TV. no need for specialty channels own by the team.

I'm missing about 4 more items, I'm sure I'll remember them soon enough (might amend the post)... bottom line, don't give them your money where it's not required. You should really only pay for your seat.

no need for 4 more items...

5) Don't go to games, don't buy tickets

DichioTFC
09-21-2010, 06:51 PM
You guys obviously don't realize how valuable those MLS Cup tickets will be to out-of-towners.

Whoever is selling MLS Cup tickets, I'll take them. All of them.

Flipityflu
09-21-2010, 06:54 PM
if they were that valuable, why are they being forced upon us by an organization that prides itself on profiteering? i think you maybe overestimating the value.

kodiakTFC
09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
How about we fly our flags upside down for the remainder of the season.

TorCanSoc
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm dropping my prawn seats. We're perenial suckers for this team. Its up to the casuals to make their lack of presence felt. Strangely I'm guessing that's what will make MLSE react.

ArmenJBX
09-21-2010, 07:11 PM
It seems like there's a pattern here.

How many RPB have seats elsewhere that they use to just sell tickets? :P

Flipityflu
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
i only have the one ticket.

canadian_bhoy
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
protest shmotest.

I think it's at the point where you're either keeping your tickets - or tell them to stuff it.

Flipityflu
09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
protest shmotest.

I think it's at the point where you're either keeping your tickets - or tell them to stuff it.

exactly

ExiledRed
09-21-2010, 07:17 PM
^ I would bet that MLSE made exclusive territorial rights a condition of taking the franchise in the first place.

I seem to remember there was a three year time limit on their exclusivity rights which extended to all of Canada, and a five year limit on the local exclusivity cause.

Roogsy
09-21-2010, 07:34 PM
protest shmotest.

I agree...

rocker
09-21-2010, 07:52 PM
protest shmotest.

yup... all the tough talk needs to end. Just do the simple thing -- don't purchase. If you buy, then you're saying everything is okay. If you don't, then you're saying everything is not okay.

OneLoveOneEric
09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I'll bet 2/3 of the people here saying they won't buy will pony up by deadline day....

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 08:10 PM
if we are going to do anything do it the right way or don't do it at all. The last one we did was bad and did not work .

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
BOYCOTT MLS CUP!!!

Let's make them Squeel! Let's embarasse those self rightous, greedy, uselss, bastards from MLSE into submission.

Cashcleaner
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
protest shmotest.

Pretty much. You know what? What if we gave up tickets for two years. What if the Red Patch Boys, U-Sector, and NEE just gave up tickets and stayed home or watched from the bar for two years?

The atmosphere that keeps the place exciting would drop off to nothing and people would just lose interest. Perhaps then the club would realize it's foolishness and start doing the right thing to entice us back. Maybe after that would the prices make sense.

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Wee don't have to give up our tickets for TFC...

Boycotting the MLS CUP would do it. think about it. The game is broadcast all over north america.

let's be rightious and smart for once!!! Let's win for once!!!

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Pretty much. You know what? What if we gave up tickets for two years. What if the Red Patch Boys, U-Sector, and NEE just gave up tickets and stayed home or watched from the bar for two years?

The atmosphere that keeps the place exciting would drop off to nothing and people would just lose interest. Perhaps then the club would realize it's foolishness and start doing the right thing to entice us back. Maybe after that would the prices make sense.
yeah we should do this but we everyone have the balls to going though with it ? Eveyone we can still support TFC but do it in the CSL with TFC jr.

ochos
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM
I will support any properly organized protest as long as it does not jeopardize support for the players.

- march/protest outside gate 1
- black shirts/flags, etc..
- in game chanting and banners
- boycott of all concessions and merch.
- phone/letter campaign to ticket reps

as for the MLS cup, I WOULD be willing to do some sort of major protest during this game, however I do not think a walkout or flat out boycott will be the answer. If anyone has any ideas that they'd like to share please do so.

It would be great for the RPB, U-Sector and NEE group together on this one and show the team management who drives this team.

Tom Anselmi came right out and called our bluffs - who wants to hit him where it hurts?

greatwhitenorf
09-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Black Ops weekly special. Traffic jam clusterfuck around the grounds.

Get a few old wrecks of cars. Drive 'em into the Princes or Dufferin Gates areas 30 mins before game time. Stop. Get out. Lock the doors, take the keys and leave. They just sit there blocking traffic for ages.

You toddle off to join your fellow protesters marching around on the grounds adding to the foul-ups. Maybe enjoy a celebratory post-protest tailgate party looking at pictures and videos of the whole schwing-ding.

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 10:58 PM
what the fuck

andyc
09-21-2010, 11:02 PM
How about turning up 15 mins late for the MLS Cup game?? We could all hang around outside and enter on mass... If nothing else it's a homage to Preki 8-)

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Found another way to protest. Particularly if you are not happy with the forced inclusion of the MLS Cup ticket.

File a complaint with the Canadian Competition Bureau:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01246.html

It is illegal to force people to buy a product they don't want to get the product they do want.

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Found another way to protest. Particularly if you are not happy with the forced inclusion of the MLS Cup ticket.

File a complaint with the Canadian Competition Bureau:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01246.html

It is illegal to force people to buy a product they don't want to get the product they do want.

Except they're not forcing you to buy anything. If you don't want the MLS Cup ticket, you don't have to buy the season tickets.

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Except they're not forcing you to buy anything. If you don't want the MLS Cup ticket, you don't have to buy the season tickets.

That's not really the point of the tied-selling restriction. I'm being forced to buy something I don't want to get the product that I do want.

Tied-selling exists when a supplier, as a condition of supplying a particular product, requires or induces a customer to buy a second product.

DichioTFC
09-21-2010, 11:25 PM
if they were that valuable, why are they being forced upon us by an organization that prides itself on profiteering? i think you maybe overestimating the value.

They *are* that valuable. MLSE wants to show MLS that Toronto fans will buy into the Cup Final (Canada hasn't been a large market for things that don't concern TFC). Plus, selling it to home fans is much easier than selling it to road fans.

And the particular *value* that I was referring to is that people from all over the States will be coming regardless whether their team is in it or not. I know NYRB, Columbus and Philly guys have already booked hotel rooms for that weekend.

That's not really the point of the tied-selling restriction. I'm being forced to buy something I don't want to get the product that I do want.

Tied-selling exists when a supplier, as a condition of supplying a particular product, requires or induces a customer to buy a second product.

It'll be hard to argue that when its the norm of the industry. Besides, complaining about it would mean that person gets a blacklisting on season tickets forever.

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 11:33 PM
It'll be hard to argue that when its the norm of the industry. Besides, complaining about it would mean that person gets a blacklisting on season tickets forever.

I'm still reading through the laws to figure if its worth perusing.

Not sure how TFC could blacklist me though.

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 11:47 PM

Sort of like when you buy a car and have to get a license and plates right?

Or how about when you go on a plane and have to pay the security surcharge. If you don't want security in airports, you're being forced to buy something (security) that you didn't ask to pay for.

Or how about when you pay taxes and receive public health care even though you may have access to private health care. You're still being forced to buy it.

Let's think of some more examples guys, and show how weak that clause is!/

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Thought of some more...

You know that KC home game this year?

Yeah, some people couldn't go but still bought the season ticket package.

Do you consider that tied selling?

Basically you undo the MLSE ticket structure and you undo season ticket sales.

People who want refunds on certain games can essentially opt out, destroying the entire season ticket model.

habstfc
09-21-2010, 11:52 PM
The best way to protest is by not renewing.

ginkster88
09-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Marlies packs and now this MLS Cup nonsense does sound A LOT like tied selling to me. In both cases in order to purchase what you want (tickets to all/some TFC matches) you are required to also purchase something that you don't want (tickets to a match not involving TFC/a different sport entirely).

What is probably the case is that MLSE considers the "product" to be the tickets as a collective whole, and the BBB would probably agree with them.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-22-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm sorry so many people are outraged. I'm not too PO'd. Seems like the overall increase was fairly modest and yes they did stick more games into the package without the ability to opt out, but they're games I would have bought anyways.

I feel bad for people who been priced out and hope they can find cheaper seats. I hope some of the people who have decided to not to renew for other reasons reconsider.

I'm not happy with the way the team's been run and maybe there's been an element of profiteering on the part of the management, but I'd rather be in than out.

jloome
09-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Marlies packs and now this MLS Cup nonsense does sound A LOT like tied selling to me. In both cases in order to purchase what you want (tickets to all/some TFC matches) you are required to also purchase something that you don't want (tickets to a match not involving TFC/a different sport entirely).

What is probably the case is that MLSE considers the "product" to be the tickets as a collective whole, and the BBB would probably agree with them.

LOL, you mean competition bureau. The BBB is the Better Business Bureau, which is basically a bought-and-paid for agency; if you're membership is in good standing they'll almost never cite you for anything.

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 01:08 AM
I'll bet 2/3 of the people here saying they won't buy will pony up by deadline day....

So why dilute the threat?

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Sort of like when you buy a car and have to get a license and plates right?

Or how about when you go on a plane and have to pay the security surcharge. If you don't want security in airports, you're being forced to buy something (security) that you didn't ask to pay for.

Or how about when you pay taxes and receive public health care even though you may have access to private health care. You're still being forced to buy it.

Let's think of some more examples guys, and show how weak that clause is!/

:facepalm: All of your examples are forced upon us by the government. Possibly the worst examples ever. Nice try.

Wow, I can't believe how much you've missed the mark here.

Cashcleaner
09-22-2010, 06:52 AM

I fully support menefreghista's idea. Here is the form for online complaints and reports: http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/frm-eng/GH%C3%89T-7TDNA5

You can also call (toll free): 1-800-348-5358

There's no harm in filing, it takes less than a minute to fill out, and it just might work.

Huyton
09-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Any sort of protest just means that we'll never get the Final again.

Possibly never in Canada.

As for not buying merchandise, I can see that.

Food? There's some companies that provide good products that don't deserve the wrath of the fans, like the Yorktown Pie people. If you must protest by not buying food or drink, just make sure it's the "company run" places that don't get your money.

snowcrash
09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
I can understand people are upset about season's tickets going up but some of the arguments are completely lacking in logic or economic rationale. At the end of the day, tickets are just like any other consumer good: books, hamburgers, jeans, cars, vacations, etc. You don't like the price of something? Don't buy it. It's really that simple. If you buy something, you're really saying that, based on its price, it's worth at least that much to you. If you don't think a Big Mac is worth $4.00, you don't buy it.

If we're talking about something like kidney dialysis instead of football tickets, then I might have a problem. But with tickets, you either take it or leave it, simple as that.

Oldtimer
09-22-2010, 08:03 AM
I can understand people are upset about season's tickets going up but some of the arguments are completely lacking in logic or economic rationale. At the end of the day, tickets are just like any other consumer good: books, hamburgers, jeans, cars, vacations, etc. You don't like the price of something? Don't buy it. It's really that simple. If you buy something, you're really saying that, based on its price, it's worth at least that much to you. If you don't think a Big Mac is worth $4.00, you don't buy it.

If we're talking about something like kidney dialysis instead of football tickets, then I might have a problem. But with tickets, you either take it or leave it, simple as that.

If people don't buy, ML$E will recognize that they made a huge mistake.

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 08:11 AM

But how does this help someone out that doesn't want MLS Cup tickets?

I can live with paying $399 for 21 MLS/NCC/CCL games. I've come to grips with that.

But what I don't want is to have the MLS Cup shoved down my throat.

Its not my fault TFC FO completely fucked up the season and they know the demand for the MLS Cup isn't as high as it was earlier in the season when this team had some hope.

I don't like being forced to purchase that ticket.

And it would be a shame for me to have to drop my season tickets because the greedy bastards at MLSE are forcing me to buy a ticket I don't want.

Now, some may argue I can just sell the MLS Cup ticket. But I'm not a goddam ticket broker. I shouldn't have to do MLSE's work for them. If they are such business geniuses like they want all to believe, they should have no problem selling the MLS Cup on their own. Leave me the fuck out of it.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm still reading through the laws to figure if its worth perusing.

Not sure how TFC could blacklist me though.

From my limited understanding of complaints like that, you have to make yourself known so the complaint has validity and the defending party has a chance to respond. I understand how you feel, but do you think there would be a high likelihood of success?

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm kinda tired of how *everything* is a protest (We dont want Mo - protest, We don't want mid-season friendlies - protest, we don't want MLS Cup tickets - protest, We demand butter - protest). It dilutes the effectiveness of a protest and creates a culture of entitlement (where later on, minor problems become sources of protest).

Seriously guys, theres going to be *thousands* of people that want those MLS Cup tickets, not just people in Toronto, but supporters from all over the States. If you don't want it, just sell it. It's like the Real Madrid game, there was an opportunity and people made *a lot* of money off of the situation.

MLSE is giving you lemons. Make lemonade.

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 08:23 AM
From my limited understanding of complaints like that, you have to make yourself known so the complaint has validity and the defending party has a chance to respond. I understand how you feel, but do you think there would be a high likelihood of success?

I plan to make myself known. Not sure how MLSE can pull my season tickets if I make a complaint. That would be a massive dick move by the organization.

As for whether I'm not successful, I have no illusions I will be. But you never know. Obviously the goal is to get the MLS Cup ticket removed from my account.

Cashcleaner
09-22-2010, 08:24 AM

I don't think it is that simple.

I don't think I've ever played this card and I don't want to sound full of myself when I do, but I consider myself one of the first few Toronto FC Supporters. I can think of myself and a handful of others who used to talk back and forth on Simon's old forum, long before we even saw the first game at BMO Field. I mean, I remember the pics Parky posted of him breaking into the stadium at night during construction. I remember our first meeting at the Overdraught and thinking that we were all getting in over our heads when we told the TFC reps that we could probably help them sell 50 tickets to 112. Dude, I remember the day like it was yesterday when Brennan was announced as our first player. Back then, I'm sure we all felt like we were taking the first steps down a path that was either going to turn out HUGE or fall apart after less than 5 seasons.

Sorry, I just don't think it's as cut-and-dry as: "you either buy them or you don't".

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Seriously guys, theres going to be *thousands* of people that want those MLS Cup tickets,

Are you sure about that?

MLS is a league where very few fans travel, even for the Cup final.

I think people are over-valuing the demand for this ticket.

If the demand was as great as people think, they wouldn't be forced on season ticket holders.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Are you sure about that?

MLS is a league where very few fans travel, even for the Cup final.

I think people are over-valuing the demand for this ticket.

If the demand was as great as people think, they wouldn't be forced on season ticket holders.

I'm *very* sure about that. I live in Michigan. People here drive 9 hours to be in Barra Brava in DC, 8 hours to be a NYRB supporter, 4 hours to be a RPB, 3 hours to be in Nordeke. Every week.

Look at cup finals past and see how the make-up of the crowds are, people travel across the country to make it. Don't forget, MLS has been in the states for 15+ years now, people have grown up with it like we've grown up with the NHL.

You see it as being *forced* on you, I see it (from MLSE) as an easy sell to a local customer and (from a consumer's standpoint) either an opportunity to see the best in the MLS or an opportunity to profit (you'll get tickets at cost price, you can flip them for higher than face to unwitting out of towners).

I support you with your complaint, but I hope you don't end up spinning your wheels for nothing when the solution is right in front of you.

SuperTCP
09-22-2010, 08:34 AM
My worry about this team is long term. If fans on here who have been in from the start are not renewing their tickets, and prices keep going up, then where the hell is the supporter base going to be in 5 years? it will become highly corporate/family and hardly urban soccer fan at all, and then interest will eventually die and the team will be fucked. We'll become another team with a half empty stadium each week. :(

I agree 100%, this is my worry too, this and that TFC will become like the Leafs.

Suds
09-22-2010, 08:35 AM

I don't think I've ever played this card and I don't want to sound full of myself when I do, but I consider myself one of the first few Toronto FC Supporters. I can think of myself and a handful of others who used to talk back and forth on Simon's old forum, long before we even saw the first game at BMO Field. I mean, I remember the pics Parky posted of him breaking into the stadium at night during construction. I remember our first meeting at the Overdraught and thinking that we were all getting in over our heads when we told the TFC reps that we could probably help them sell 50 tickets to 112. Dude, I remember the day like it was yesterday when Brennan was announced as our first player. Back then, I'm sure we all felt like we were taking the first steps down a path that was either going to turn out HUGE or fall apart after less than 5 seasons.

Sorry, I just don't think it's as cut-and-dry as: "you either buy them or you don't".

Well said. For many of us, being a supporter of any football team means a lot more than than buying a ticket to a game. I'm sure there are many on here who are supporters of clubs in other parts of the world and may never buy a ticket to see that team. When supporting these teams we can feel just as slighted when the management/ownership starts screwing with the team or the supporters. Support is not buying a ticket! It's way more than that.

The fact is MLSE has turned it's back on the fans who where there from day one. They constanly use those fans to market the team but they now have no time for them. They clearly feel these fans are too demanding and too hard to satisfy.

My personal example - I have never once heard from my ticket rep. EVER. I have no idea who they are. Not one single personal email or phone call in 4 years to even suggest they give a rats ass how as a customer I feel. Why? Because they don't care. That's why.

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
You see it as being *forced* on you, I see it (from MLSE) as an easy sell to a local customer and (from a consumer's standpoint) either an opportunity to see the best in the MLS or an opportunity to profit (you'll get tickets at cost price, you can flip them for higher than face to unwitting out of towners).

The thing is, it is forced on me. There's no other way to describe it.

And frankly I don't feel I should take the time to sell tickets for MLSE for an $18 profit. I don't even want to waste my time.

I simply want the choice. I have 4 tickets on my account. If I had the choice I would have probably taken 2 MLS Cup tickets. But now instead I'm going to remove 2 tickets from my season tickets.

NF-FC
09-22-2010, 08:46 AM

It's too bad for the new USSF D2 limit on foreign clubs. It seems like the market is ripe for another club. In the mean time, we have the CSL.

CretanBull
09-22-2010, 08:48 AM
I agree 100%, this is my worry too, this and that TFC has already become like the Leafs.

Fixed :(

KdotOdot
09-22-2010, 08:48 AM
I'll be selling my seasons strait the fuck up. All of them and buying my tickets of scalpers.

Fuck it. It's not like shit will change. I'll sell my 112's for $1000 to some asshole, then just buy the tickets I want from scalpers on a pay as you go basis.

Fuck TFC right in their fucking asses. MLSE can catch AIDs by contact.

CretanBull
09-22-2010, 08:49 AM
In the mean time, we have the CSL.

I really hope the CSL expands to the Durham region as they've said they're interested in doing. They'll have a supporter in me.

Blowing Bubbles
09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm *very* sure about that. I live in Michigan. People here drive 9 hours to be in Barra Brava in DC, 8 hours to be a NYRB supporter, 4 hours to be a RPB, 3 hours to be in Nordeke. Every week.

lmao. in all but a couple of regional pairings, "away support" is a couple dozen fans, maybe 100 at best. There are no travelling groups of 2000-4000 ppl who take up a whole end.

So because some random guy drives 8 hours to see his team doesn't mean it's common.

Suds
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM
lmao. in all but a couple of regional pairings, "away support" is a couple dozen fans, maybe 100 at best. There are no travelling groups of 2000-4000 ppl who take up a whole end.

So because some random guy drives 8 hours to see his team doesn't mean it's common.

I think the broader point he was making is the MLS has been around for 15 years and there are fans of the league who travel to the MLS cup every year. Kind of like the Grey Cup. You'll find fans from all teams attending because they are fans of the game.

Now, will that equate to a sell-out of BMO? I don't know for sure but based on attendance to past MLS Cups and the fact BMO is a smaller venue it is quite plausible.

Blowing Bubbles
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM

And if it was so easy for 1000's of season ticket holders to "flip" these tickets for a profit then why the F are they trying to sell 18,000 of them at season ticket holder rates?

Wouldn't MLSE stand to make a hell of a lot more money selling them as stand-a-lone with premium pricing, perhaps at a price higher than the 2x for int'l friendlies?

You're way overestimating what the market will bare for this game. This isn't the fucking Rose Bowl.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 09:02 AM

The MLS Cup isn't a common event... For example, if NYRB get in, their chance at their team's first title, how many supporters do you think they'll bring? How about Columbus getting an opportunity to win it in our stadium, think that will entice them to come in droves?

Sure, it's not common for 1000s to travel per match (like it isn't with TFC fans any more), but there will be a large number of traveling support for the biggest match in the MLS calendar.

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 09:02 AM

THIS!

Some of us were there when nobody had even HEARD of TFC. I remember putting down my $50 deposit and everyone around me telling me I was wasting my money and that this was a mickey mouse league that nobody heard of. I remember being the only one excited in a room full of 400 traders about Toronto getting our own team. I remember trying to encourage others into buying into the concept of "Toronto's team". I remember there being only a handful of us on that original board that would discuss how excited we were and counting down the days to various key dates such as the first signing, the first replica jersey being sold and the first match.

These original fans, the ones that took a chance on TFC when nobody else would are the ones that are being shat on and pushed aside for bandwagon jumpers who will NEVER be as supportive, faithful or enduring as the originals. But TFC seem to be ok with that.

So to say to these original fans "buy them or don't buy them" is bullshit. You have no idea how hard it is for me to decide to give up tickets this year. It hurts. But it is more offensive to me to not stand up for what I believe.

stugautz
09-22-2010, 09:03 AM
I say protest by not bringing any flags or banners and wearing black. Still cheer for the team, but take the color out of any atmosphere they may try to exploit through marketing.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
I think the broader point he was making is the MLS has been around for 15 years and there are fans of the league who travel to the MLS cup every year. Kind of like the Grey Cup. You'll find fans from all teams attending because they are fans of the game.

Now, will that equate to a sell-out of BMO? I don't know for sure but based on attendance to past MLS Cups and the fact BMO is a smaller venue it is quite plausible.

Exactly. People are fans of the league / sport. Suds' analogy is spot-on, there are a lot of comparisons to the CFL and the kind of traveling suppor that show up for 3-down football in November in Edmonton.

And if it was so easy for 1000's of season ticket holders to "flip" these tickets for a profit then why the F are they trying to sell 18,000 of them at season ticket holder rates?

Wouldn't MLSE stand to make a hell of a lot more money selling them as stand-a-lone with premium pricing, perhaps at a price higher than the 2x for int'l friendlies?

You're way overestimating what the market will bare for this game. This isn't the fucking Rose Bowl.

Season ticket holders are 1. an easier sell 2. a local customer 3. a guaranteed sale. I'm sure the face value of a regular ticket will be much higher than the cost price that season ticket holders are getting them for.

There is also long-term residual value is showcasing their ability to sell out BMO for the MLS Cup. I'm sure there are a lot of extraordinary factors that come in to play, like in any business. Look at it from MLSE's perspective.

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Look at it from MLSE's perspective.

I have. It appears they are worried about selling out the game. So to combat that they are forcing it upon season ticket holders.

Not sure why this isn't plain to see.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 09:16 AM
I have. It appears they are worried about selling out the game. So to combat that they are forcing it upon season ticket holders.

Not sure why this isn't plain to see.

For all their faults and flaws, sales are never an issue for MLSE. In a market of 6M+ it never will be.

TFC Cityboy
09-22-2010, 09:24 AM
The MLS Cup isn't a common event... For example, if NYRB get in, their chance at their team's first title, how many supporters do you think they'll bring? How about Columbus getting an opportunity to win it in our stadium, think that will entice them to come in droves?

Sure, it's not common for 1000s to travel per match (like it isn't with TFC fans any more), but there will be a large number of traveling support for the biggest match in the MLS calendar.

and how will MLSE deal with segregation? The North stand is likely set aside for the non STHs still, but what do we think will happen if 100 Crew/NYRB fans end up in the south stand?

There will be trouble.

ManUtd4ever
09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Everything is relative in terms of the price increase vs the percentage increase. While I agree that this looks terrible from a public relations standpoint because of the current state of the franchise, I don't think MLSE would be foolish enough to try and price the hardcore supporters out of the equation. Based on finances alone, an increase of $1.50 per game will not deter a TFC supporter from renewing seasons tickets. Overall, $20.00/game in and around the supporters section is still the best deal in town. This is purely a matter of principle...

Beach_Red
09-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Everything is relative in terms of the price increase vs the percentage increase. While I agree that this looks terrible from a public relations standpoint because of the current state of the franchise, I don't think MLSE would be foolish enough to try and price the hardcore supporters out of the equation. Based on finances alone, an increase of $1.50 per game will not deter a TFC supporter from renewing seasons tickets. Overall, $20.00/game in and around the supporters section is still the best deal in town. This is purely a matter of principle...

Why not? The most "successful" business they run is the Maple Leafs and there are no hardcore supporters among their season ticket owners.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
and how will MLSE deal with segregation? The North stand is likely set aside for the non STHs still, but what do we think will happen if 100 Crew/NYRB fans end up in the south stand?

There will be trouble.

I'm hoping for a South American-style soccer riot where they both send hundreds to the hospital and the stand holding them all collapses :D

Heathen
09-22-2010, 09:40 AM
For all their faults and flaws, sales are never an issue for MLSE. In a market of 6M+ it never will be.

Have you been going to the same BMO as we all have this season?

ManUtd4ever
09-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Why not? The most "successful" business they run is the Maple Leafs and there are no hardcore supporters among their season ticket owners.

MLSE is well aware that the South end is the bread and butter of this franchise thus far. While there may be incremental increases over the next several years, the most affordable ticket will always be in the supporters section. If anything, it is the other STH's that are being raped and pillaged.

Leaf fans are a blend of corporate suits and the most loyal, hardcore, masochistic supporters in the NHL. They just aren't vocal and don't provide the same atmosphere...

Suds
09-22-2010, 09:42 AM

I think it's a bit different though. The Leafs have a massive dedicated fan base that stretches across North America. With a fan base that large you can sell one or two games to each person and still sell all your available tickets. And at the price they charge most people can only afford 1 or two games. The rest go to corporate buyers.

I'm not sure TFC is anywhere near that and will not be for some time; if ever.

mclaren
09-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Principle is certainly a strong factor in me dropping my season ticket for 2011.

One of my favourite ever quotes is from Thomas Jefferson and I think it applies here:
"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Have you been going to the same BMO as we all have this season?

Yes, I have seen the empty seats that have already been sold.

90-95% capacity is still *extremely* good for an MLS team that's never made the playoffs and is persistent turmoil.

Heathen
09-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, I have seen the empty seats that have already been sold.

90-95% capacity is still *extremely* good for an MLS team that's never made the playoffs and is persistent turmoil.

Not for the CCL games they weren't, anyway empty seats is never a good sign. If people don't use their tickets sooner or later they'll come to the conclusion they're not worth spending the money on anymore and they'll get ditched.

Section 117
09-22-2010, 09:50 AM
So what's next to protest after this???? We use the concept of protest way too much for my liking. From the outside looking we look like a bunch of whiny bitches....

We have protested everything under the sun and yet we come up with more things to protest about. IMO even if they froze or dropped the prices some here would want to protest. We come off as very pretensious fans and this I don't like

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I disagree. We talk about protesting a lot but it never actually happens. As far as I recall, I have only ever seen two real protests at BMO Field.

The protest at Gate 4 and the "Sack the CSA" protest spearheaded by Dino.

Otherwise, people talk a lot on this board about protests but it never happens for various reasons.

Blizzard
09-22-2010, 09:56 AM

Thanks. I'll be there, happily. :D

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Not for the CCL games they weren't, anyway empty seats is never a good sign. If people don't use their tickets sooner or later they'll come to the conclusion they're not worth spending the money on anymore and they'll get ditched.

CCL isn't as much of a priority as league matches. Look at other stadiums, they cant get a couple thousand. Despite that, the Cruz Azul was almost sold out. Anytime we're grouped with a Mexican team, we'll sell tickets. The concern isn't single-game sales, its season tickets.

So what's next to protest after this???? We use the concept of protest way too much for my liking. From the outside looking we look like a bunch of whiny bitches....

We have protested everything under the sun and yet we come up with more things to protest about. IMO even if they froze or dropped the prices some here would want to protest. We come off as very pretensious fans and this I don't like

10000000000% agreed. People are saying even a penny is too much of an increase. FFS, theres a business element to raising prices. And honestly, when people are paying less than $20 per game, can the complaints really be that extraordinary? For the value and the experience, it's worth it.

I want these *protesters* to watch the first couple home games next season on Sportsnet and listen to Dobson get players names' wrong. Go support the Blue Jays or the Raptors, it shows how strongly you felt about TFC to begin with if you can turn on your *beloved* team after only a couple years.

Constant protests are for suckas.
:picard:

mclaren
09-22-2010, 10:05 AM
My protest is not renewing. As for the rest of you, it is up to you how you express your feelings toward this complete and utter disregard of the club's most important asset - it's fan base.

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Any poster who thinks the inclusion of the MLS Cup into our season ticket package is not worth protesting doesn't deserve to have their opinion taken seriously.

You come across as an MLSE flack that would pretty much accept anything from these arrogant pricks.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Any poster who thinks *insert minor inconvenience here* is not worth protesting doesn't deserve to have their opinion taken seriously.

You come across as an MLSE flack that would pretty much accept anything from these arrogant pricks.

Really, that phrase could be cookie-cuttered around anything people have threatened to *protest* against.

Juanito
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Another thing we can do is wear black "TFC" kits and not sing or chant.

If we can come up with something where we replace the BMO logo with ML$E and the TFC club logo with something else, this would be our "official kit" and our protest is that we will not buy their shit merchandise.

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Really, that phrase could be cookie-cuttered around anything people have threatened to *protest* against.

Its not a minor inconvenience. Its over $100 I don't want to spend and take the time to recoup.

I shouldn't be forced to take that hit.

And its disgusting that anyone could defend such a dick move by the club.

But congratulations. I now consider you just as dense as rocker. It takes a lot to get to that level.

CretanBull
09-22-2010, 10:21 AM
... it shows how strongly you felt about TFC to begin with if you can turn on your *beloved* team after only a couple years.

Please don't tell me that I don't love the team because I'm tired of being abused by the front office.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Please don't tell me that I don't love the team because I'm tired of being abused by the front office.

First, it was personally directed to anyone. Second, its a general statement about some people switching teams or shutting off TFC completely. I don't see how someone who loves the team can do that. How can someone go from TFC supporter to Jays supporter, it just doesn't equate to me.

Section 117
09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Any poster who thinks the inclusion of the MLS Cup into our season ticket package is not worth protesting doesn't deserve to have their opinion taken seriously.

How about you go fuck yourself for a comment like that. You come across like a whiny bitch do I call you out???

I apologize to everyone else but that was a bullshit post

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Its not a minor inconvenience. Its over $100 I don't want to spend and take the time to recoup.

I shouldn't be forced to take that hit.

And its disgusting that anyone could defend such a dick move by the club.

But congratulations. I now consider you just as dense as rocker. It takes a lot to get to that level.

Options:
1. Don't renew
2. Don't renew

I would be offended by the 'disgusting' or dense comments... but I appreciate the congratulations :D

Good luck with complaining to the better business bureau, or the competition bureau, or your member of parliament, or the potential mayors... or whoever you think is going to get this minor inconvenience alleviated for you.

Hate it all you want, I'm one of thousands that will be *happily* picking up the season tickets that you and others drop. Hell, sell your MLS Cup tickets to me, I'll buy them all!!

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 10:29 AM
How about you go fuck yourself for a comment like that. You come across like a whiny bitch do I call you out???

I really hit a nerve there. Are you an MLSE flack?

I'm not the douchebag telling people what they think is or isn't worth protesting.

Personally, I think having to purchase a product I don't want is free game. I will do whatever I can to avoid having to pay for it. Sorry if I don't want to bend over like you.

Blizzard
09-22-2010, 10:29 AM

Wow. Your first sentence is just about the most arrogant thing I've ever read on this forum.

http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/images/by-GT/forum-shitz/pot-kettle-black.jpg

CretanBull
09-22-2010, 10:30 AM
First, it was personally directed to anyone. Second, its a general statement about some people switching teams or shutting off TFC completely. I don't see how someone who loves the team can do that. How can someone go from TFC supporter to Jays supporter, it just doesn't equate to me.

I think people's willingness to do that is a measure of their anger with the front office, and not a measure of how much they love the team. It should be telling that among the people who show the most passion and support for TFC, there's an alarming number who are so fed up with the front office that their anger has surpassed their love.

JonO
09-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Based on finances alone, an increase of $1.50 per game will not deter a TFC supporter from renewing seasons tickets. Overall, $20.00/game in and around the supporters section is still the best deal in town. This is purely a matter of principle...
This makes sense if you can attend every single game. Sometimes, however, life interferes and it's hard to be able to do that. It was nice not having to buy the CCL tickets if you couldn't make it. Now it really just gets averaged out over the games you can make - which makes the real ticket increment more than the $1.50 on paper.

This is amplified for the more expensive seats, which are even more difficult (if not impossible) to sell for games you cannot make...

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM

Really no need to apologize. If someone wants to bitch about something, they doesn't deserve to have their opinion taken seriously.

That person comes across as a pretentious flack that would pretty much bitch about anything and call people arrogant pricks.

menefreghista
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Options:
1. Don't renew
2. Don't renew

3. Pressure my account rep and TFC FO to allow us choice.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I think people's willingness to do that is a measure of their anger with the front office, and not a measure of how much they love the team. It should be telling that among the people who show the most passion and support for TFC, there's an alarming number who are so fed up with the front office that their anger has surpassed their love.

You're 100% right, the FO's actions have angered people and rightfully so. In hindsight, I would modify my words to clarify a bit better. But still, the general point remains that certain people aren't as passionate about this club as others (i.e. the ones who left the supporters forum after last year's 5-0 loss in NYC saying "ah well, see you guys in march"... no feelings of anger or sadness or anything, it was more directed in their direction)

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Constant protests are for suckas.

Name me 4 instances of protests TFC supporters have actually done to merit the term "constant".

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Name me 4 instances of protests TFC supporters have actually done to merit the term "constant".

"Constant" in the sense of constantly talking about protesting. I was all for the Mo protest because it made sense.

Protesting the MLS Cup at the MLS Cup just doesn't make sense to me. It'll be an enjoyable spectacle, first time in our backyard, I don't see the need to protest that.

mclaren
09-22-2010, 10:38 AM

Agreed, this is a myth perpetuated here on this forum - there have been very few actual protests, but a lot of talking about them. Shame most of us don't have the balls to actually do something about it.

Section 117
09-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Actually I don't work for MLSE, but at the same time I realize that everytime someone is upset about soemthing the first thing they do is moan and bitch and want to protest. If you took it personally then well oh well I guess your the one with fucking complex

Back to your brilliant post because I don't care that the finals is in the package, I shouldn't be taken seriously. I actually want to go to the game, I don't care who plays in it because with the exception of TFC the league is pretty good.

The difference I guess is I can appreciate soccer no matter who is playing period. Yes, I love TFC and a few other clubs around the world. But the oppurtunity to watch the best the MLS has to offer comapred to the shit we watch every week to me it is a no brainer.

So go complain, moan, bitch do what ever the hell you want I really don't give a rat's ass. But really calling me out was fucking lame

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
"Constant" in the sense of constantly talking about protesting. I was all for the Mo protest because it made sense.

Protesting the MLS Cup at the MLS Cup just doesn't make sense to me. It'll be an enjoyable spectacle, first time in our backyard, I don't see the need to protest that.

Now you're changing the yardstick. Either people "constantly protest" or "constantly talk about proesting". Two different things but you incorrectly attributed the wrong one.

Protesting the MLS Cup may not make sense to you but that is not what you complained about. You referred to the "constant protests", inferring there had been many previous protests and I am asking you to identify where these occurred.

If you can't name several instances of protests, can we please drop this falsehood that TFC supporters "constantly protest" and correctly classify what has happened in the past as "continued unhappiness"?

mclaren
09-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Actually I don't work for MLSE, but at the same time I realize that everytime someone is upset about soemthing the first thing they do is moan and bitch and want to protest. If you took it personally then well oh well I guess your the one with fucking complex

Back to your brilliant post because I don't care that the finals is in the package, I shouldn't be taken seriously. I actually want to go to the game, I don't care who plays in it because with the exception of TFC the league is pretty good.

The difference I guess is I can appreciate soccer no matter who is playing period. Yes, I love TFC and a few other clubs around the world. But the oppurtunity to watch the best the MLS has to offer comapred to the shit we watch every week to me it is a no brainer.

So go complain, moan, bitch do what ever the hell you want I really don't give a rat's ass. But really calling me out was fucking lame

For me, this is not about "bitching and moaning" everytime something upsets us. This time it is more than that - much more. Evidence of this can be seen all over this forum in the form of comments from long-time supporters, supporters who have been here since day one and built this club to be one of the best in North America (in terms of support). To me, this all comes down to what is, in fact, THE FINAL INSULT, not one single price increase. That is why you'll see long-time supporters ditch their season tickets for 2011 - not without regret at what might have been had they been treated with something as simple as RESPECT by the front office.

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
For me, this is not about "bitching and moaning" everytime something upsets us. This time it is more than that - much more. Evidence of this can be seen all over this forum in the form of comments from long-time supporters, supporters who have been here since day one and built this club to be one of the best in North America (in terms of support). To me, this all comes down to what is, in fact, THE FINAL INSULT, not one single price increase. That is why you'll see long-time supporters ditch their season tickets for 2011 - not without regret at what might have been had they been treated with something as simple as RESPECT by the front office.

QFFT...

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Now you're changing the yardstick. Either people "constantly protest" or "constantly talk about proesting". Two different things but you incorrectly attributed the wrong one.

Protesting the MLS Cup may not make sense to you but that is not what you complained about. You referred to the "constant protests", inferring there had been many previous protests and I am asking you to identify where these occurred.

Like I wrote to CreatanBull above, in hindsight, I would have clarified my earlier statements a bit better. You're correct that my earlier statements could be inferred to be directed towards actual protests, however, I had not intended that to be the thrust of my post.

Still, the point remains that the continued discussion of protesting every little thing is diluting my interest in protesting overall. At what point does the discussion of protests end?

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to the MLS Cup, I'm going to party with whoever's there and I'm going to make a time of it.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:47 AM
If you can't name several instances of protests, can we please drop this falsehood that TFC supporters "constantly protest" and correctly classify what has happened in the past as "continued unhappiness"?

"Discuss potential protests often"?

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Like I wrote to CreatanBull above, in hindsight, I would have clarified my earlier statements a bit better. You're correct that my earlier statements could be inferred to be directed towards actual protests, however, I had not intended that to be the thrust of my post.

Still, the point remains that the continued discussion of protesting every little thing is diluting my interest in protesting overall. At what point does the discussion of protests end?

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to the MLS Cup, I'm going to party with whoever's there and I'm going to make a time of it.

Good for you. In the meantime, you've helped to change nothing.

As for when discussion of protests end? The answer is simple isn't it? When either the team wakes up and starts screwing their own loyal fans or when the fans finally move to action and actually protest for once as opposed to merely discussing it. Either way, I don't see how discussion of protesting would dilute your interest in protesting overall when it's quite evident that you don't have any interest in the concept of protesting itself as opposed to the discussion being the problem.

For the record, I don't believe in protesting the MLS Cup either. I was happy it's coming to Toronto and I believe TFC have the right to package their tickets any way they want. What I am opposed to is continued ineptitude by the organization followed by a raising of ticket prices 10% AGAIN this year after double-digit increases in each of the previous years. That is not how you reward loyalty. If you're ok with that, enjoy yourself.

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
It'll be an enjoyable spectacle, first time in our backyard, I don't see the need to protest that.

I dont share your enthusiasm for being milked $80+ to watch two american teams compete to lift a trophy in our stadium.

Im happy that you're getting tickets that you're excited about, I just think you should have been given the option to buy them seperately.

"I know you ordered the steak sir, but we cant let you have it unless you order the mushroom crustini as well."

"but I hate mushrooms"

"Im sorry, sir. You dont have to eat it, but you must order it."

Roogsy
"Discuss potential protests often"?

I didn't know discussion was that offensive to you.

DichioTFC

I totally get the issues with the FO. And I understand how most supporters feel. I just can't say that I agree. It really is as simple as that.

I'm a struggling student studying hours away, but TFC is the main reason I come home. Not saying that you or anyone else doesn't, but I love the club and I'm not willing to let them go right now.

(Yes, I realize I sound like a sucka :D)

Blowing Bubbles
09-22-2010, 10:50 AM
You're 100% right, the FO's actions have angered people and rightfully so. In hindsight, I would modify my words to clarify a bit better. But still, the general point remains that certain people aren't as passionate about this club as others (i.e. the ones who left the supporters forum after last year's 5-0 loss in NYC saying "ah well, see you guys in march"... no feelings of anger or sadness or anything, it was more directed in their direction)

so I guess if someone isn't willing to always bend over and say yes daddy to MLSE they're not a real supporter. Demanding an opt out for an MLS Cup game in a season ticket package for TFC makes one not as committed to the cause ...... what a jopke.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM
I dont share your enthusiasm for being milked $80+ to watch two american teams compete to lift a trophy in our stadium.

Im happy that you're getting tickets that you're excited about, I just think you should have been given the option to buy them seperately.

"I know you ordered the steak sir, but we cant let you have it unless you order the mushroom crustini as well."

"but I hate mushrooms"

I can totally see where you're coming from with being forced to purchase the MLS Cup tickets. But to me, it bears greater value than a regular season match. So I really don't have an issue with being "milked". American teams or not, its the pinnacle of our league and I would like to watch it in person, in Toronto. How often does Toronto have sporting events like these any way?

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Good for you. In the meantime, you've helped to change nothing.

As for when discussion of protests end? The answer is simple isn't it? When either the team wakes up and starts screwing their own loyal fans or when the fans finally move to action and actually protest for once as opposed to merely discussing it. Either way, I don't see how discussion of protesting would dilute your interest in protesting overall when it's quite evident that you don't have any interest in the concept of protesting itself as opposed to the discussion being the problem.

For the record, I don't believe in protesting the MLS Cup either. I was happy it's coming to Toronto and I believe TFC have the right to package their tickets any way they want. What I am opposed to is continued ineptitude by the organization followed by a raising of ticket prices 10% AGAIN this year after double-digit increases in each of the previous years. That is not how you reward loyalty. If you're ok with that, enjoy yourself.

I didn't know discussion was that offensive to you.

Roogsy man, I've been nothing but respectful towards you, I'm disappointed that the tone isn't mutual.

I'm all for discussing legitimate protests, but for every minor thing to be a topic of protest, it becomes tiresome. Discussion goes both ways, people for it and people against it. I happen to be against this particular protest and one of my reasons for being so (other than the main reason, which is that I do not agree with it) is that it has become tiresome to discuss a protest *again*.

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
I can totally see where you're coming from with being forced to purchase the MLS Cup tickets. But to me, it bears greater value than a regular season match. So I really don't have an issue with being "milked". American teams or not, its the pinnacle of our league and I would like to watch it in person, in Toronto. How often does Toronto have sporting events like these any way?

Who cares? The basis of capitalism is that you allow supply to provide for the demand. Here, despite their claims of allegiance to the concept of supply and demand, they completely cheat their way into forcing demand to consume their supply.

Quite simply, they should have rewarded THIS year's season ticket holders with the option of buying tickets for THIS year's MLS Cup as opposed to tieing people's hands into NEXT year's tickets by forcing THIS year's MLS Cup as part of the package of buying NEXT year's tickets.

You know what? I'd like to buy the MLS Cup tickets. It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity. But I am dropping 2 tickets for next year because I am done committing thousands of dollars to a team that can't walk and chew gum at the same time. So my reward? I don't get a chance to buy these MLS Cup tickets despite being a faithful and loyal STH for 4 years. Your scenario basically agreed with MLSE that they should be able to force me to commit to another year of this organization's ineptitude just so I can buy tickets for one event. That's a monopoly. That's tied-selling. That's unethical. That's lacking appreciation for loyal customers.

That's bullshit.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
so I guess if someone isn't willing to always bend over and say yes daddy to MLSE they're not a real supporter. Demanding an opt out for an MLS Cup game in a season ticket package for TFC makes one not as committed to the cause ...... what a jopke.

Refer to the above comment.

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Roogsy man, I've been nothing but respectful towards you, I'm disappointed that the tone isn't mutual.

I'm all for discussing legitimate protests, but for every minor thing to be a topic of protest, it becomes tiresome. Discussion goes both ways, people for it and people against it. I happen to be against this particular protest and one of my reasons for being so (other than the main reason, which is that I do not agree with it) is that it has become tiresome to discuss a protest *again*.

Which protest have you been for discussion at the very least?

This is the problem. Who among us has the right to decide what is a "legitimate" protest to debate and discuss? You'd think the very fact that there has only been one REAL protest would be evidence of the fact that despite all the talk of protests, we only actually put it into action when it really is required. If anything it points to a judicious use of the power of a protest. So people vent about wanting to protest, what does it affect us? Why curtail discussion? At the very least the discussion itself serves to highlight where people's beefs are with the team, organization or system without having to actually protest anything.

KdotOdot
09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm down for a Pants Off protest. The whole south end takes off their pants in preperation for the reaming the MLSE has given us.

Pants off prtoest 2010!

WHOS WITH ME!!:scarf::scarf:

I got my pants off right fucking now!

Phil
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM

"but I hate mushrooms"

This is my biggest sticking point.

Its not like they havent worked out a system in the past to deal with it....the All Star game was optional.

Now its forcing people who dont want to watch that game to deal with the tickets, hopefully not at a loss.

It does hurt perception though, and is having effect on that loyalty that they seem to count so much on.

wzhxvy
Yes behind you all the way.

DichioTFC
Who cares? The basis of capitalism is that you allow supply to provide for the demand. Here, despite their allegiance to the concept of supply and demand, they completely cheat their way into forcing demand to consume their supply.

Quite simply, they should have rewarded THIS year's season ticket holders with the option of buying tickets for THIS year's MLS Cup as opposed to tieing people's hands into NEXT year's tickets by forcing THIS year's MLS Cup as part of the package of buying NEXT year's tickets.

You know what? I'd like to buy the MLS Cup tickets. It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity. But I am dropping 2 tickets for next year because I am done committing thousands of dollars to a team that can't walk and chew gum at the same time. So my reward? I don't get a chance to buy these MLS Cup tickets despite being a faithful and loyal STH for 4 years. Your scenario basically agreed with MLSE that they should be able to force me to commit to another year of this organization's ineptitude just so I can buy tickets for one event. That's a monopoly. That's tied-selling. That's unethical. That's lacking appreciation for loyal customers.

That's bullshit.

How they *ought* to have done things is debatable and its clear how you feel. I don't feel as impassioned about the invalidation of capitalistic principles as you do. Team bears value for me, the gameday experience bears value for me, I will purchase season tickets. A-B-C.

I'm a consumer. I choose to spend my money how I want. Because I feel its right for me, doesn't mean that it's right for you or for anyone else. I feel next season's package of tickets are worth purchasing. I will buy them. I feel the MLS Cup is worth purchasing as well. I will buy tickets for that too. I'm not concerned about monopolies, the ethics behind it or any other principles. I still find value in the product and I'll let me wallet speak for itself.

Parkdale
09-22-2010, 11:06 AM

better than in front of him.

__wowza
Pants off prtoest 2010!

:picard:

billyfly
In a perfect world the word "pants" would always be followed by the word "optional"

__wowza
09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
for a second i thought someone was actually going to step up and create a real protest, alas..

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 11:09 AM
I still find value in the product and I'll let me wallet speak for itself.

Exactly. Which is why I have not been in favour of an organized "protest" in the traditional sense. I personally have made a decision to drop tickets because I feel it's the only real message that can be sent to TFC. Black shirts, banners, screaming outside of Gate 4, they won't care as long as they get the bills out of my pocket. So I am taking a real step and giving them less money because as you put it, I don't find value in the product anymore.

As for what they "ought" to have done, that is exactly why I am "protesting" in this manner. They're decision not to behave in a manner that reflects true appreciation (despite their claims in their marketing emails) is what drove me to this decision. Even for you, there will come a day when you have to decide for yourself if travelling 10,000 kms for a team that doesn't thank you in any way other than to demand more money from you will be worth it. You have your breaking point, others have theirs. Some of us have reached ours.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Which protest have you been for discussion at the very least?

This is the problem. Who among us has the right to decide what is a "legitimate" protest to debate and discuss? You'd think the very fact that there has only been one REAL protest would be evidence of the fact that despite all the talk of protests, we only actually put it into action when it really is required. If anything it points to a judicious use of the power of a protest. So people vent about wanting to protest, what does it affect us? Why curtail discussion? At the very least the discussion itself serves to highlight where people's beefs are with the team, organization or system without having to actually protest anything.

If people want to bitch about their feelings about whatever stick is currently up their ass, they have all right to do so. I am equally entitled to be bitch about what's bothering me. The cyclical nature of your argument would equate my debating the legitimacy, would it not? Do *you* have a right to decide if my beef is "legitimate"?

Is the lack of protest one of judicial use of power or inability to get things done? Or simply that sometimes, some people only bitch and don't do anything to get things done.

Example: If MoJo had not been fired I was going to show up to the SJ game with 500 pieces of 8.5 x 11 paper with "Fire Mo" written on them and some scotch tape (I wrote it on a thread before he got fired if you don't believe me). Had the original printed and was about to go to Kinkos *the day* he got fired. Needless to say things worked for the best, but this was my protest. This was something I was going to do. I mentioned it once on the boards and didn't bitch endlessly about it. Ranting and raving on and on. I was going to get shit done. *Conversely*, how many of the people that are currently bitching are just going to show up and give MLSE money in the coming days and weeks? But they'll vent endlessly about how they're not going to take it any more. *That's* bullshit.

__wowza
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24694
short of it: wish to start dialogue about price increase, and protest. tired of discussing it online.

Section 110

It's not a question of wanting to watch it, it's a question of being forced to buy it. MLSE has failed to produce a playoff worthy team, and they need to fill those seats to honour their agreement with the league and we are the ones who are going to pay the price for their ineptitude.

I've been a season seat holder since day one, and I love my team, but that does not preclude letting the seats go. My life was good before TFC season tickets and it will be just fine after. I will always care about the team's success, but I will not be taken advantage of. Either this situation is acceptable to you or it is not, but that does not speak to your passion for the team, it has to do with your own self worth. I am having a very hard time deciding whether or not to keep my seats knowing that I am being used to make up for MLSE's inability to produce a winner. I promise you one thing: if TFC was playoff bound (which part of me holds out hope for) the Cup tickets would not be part of the 2011 ticket package.

Section 117
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
How about we focus more about what is on the pitch????

This is where the disconnect is. If the product on the field was above average almost no one who be moaning and bitching about the price of tickets, MLS finals etc...

The problem is 4 years of mismanagement has caused us to feel that our ROI is not there. I for one potentially see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have dumb blind faith that MLSE will make the right decision with the hiring of a new GM and coach.

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
@DichioTFC

Im not sure why you are even involving yourself in this discussion then.

Obviously you dont have a problem, and others do. You dont have a solution to the problem that others are having, and you're not able to convince the others that their problem is trivial.

So, why involve yourself? What are you trying to achieve?

Leave placation to MLSE, it's not you who we perceive to be fucking us.

Brooker
09-22-2010, 11:16 AM

There will be trouble.

It's going to be a complete and utter shit show.

DI-SASTROUS!

@DichioTFC

Obviously you dont have a problem, and others do. You dont have a solution to the problem that others are having, and you're not able to convince the others that their problem is trivial.

This.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Exactly. Which is why I have not been in favour of an organized "protest" in the traditional sense. I personally have made a decision to drop tickets because I feel it's the only real message that can be sent to TFC. Black shirts, banners, screaming outside of Gate 4, they won't care as long as they get the bills out of my pocket. So I am taking a real step and giving them less money because as you put it, I don't find value in the product anymore.

As for what they "ought" to have done, that is exactly why I am "protesting" in this manner. They're decision not to behave in a manner that reflects true appreciation (despite their claims in their marketing emails) is what drove me to this decision. Even for you, there will come a day when you have to decide for yourself if travelling 10,000 kms for a team that doesn't thank you in any way other than to demand more money from you will be worth it. You have your breaking point, others have theirs. Some of us have reached ours.

I support your *real step*. I'm all for you if you don't find value in it any more. Go ahead and do your last minute protest and drop your seats in the reds. I can't blame you one bit.

For me, I can't say that I'll reach that breaking point. No matter if TFC are out of the playoffs or not, I'm going to DC on that last game if I my studies allow it. I don't care if I have to skip class, I'll see Arabe Unido on Tuesday at 8pm. I spent 9 hours in a car riding the bitch seat with some NYRB guys so I could support TFC. (Even worse was the drive to Columbus!) But I can't say that I'll have that breaking point because I haven't seen it yet. I still support the Canadiens. I still support the Buffalo Bills. No matter how dark those days got, I've always been there. No matter how dark things get for Toronto FC, I'll be there. Every game.

But that's just me.

DichioTFC
09-22-2010, 11:21 AM
@DichioTFC

It was actually a constructive and positive conversation before it took an ugly turn a couple pages back. I was involved much earlier and my purpose was to facilitate a constructive discussion.

I do have a solution to the problem that others are having. Don't renew and shut the fuck up. It really *is* that simple. Buying the tickets, but not being happy about it, but protesting anger, but still going to every game, but venting endlessly... how is it not tiresome to anyone else?

Beach_Red
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM

This is where the disconnect is. If the product on the field was above average almost no one who be moaning and bitching about the price of tickets, MLS finals etc...

The problem is 4 years of mismanagement has caused us to feel that our ROI is not there. I for one potentially see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have dumb blind faith that MLSE will make the right decision with the hiring of a new GM and coach.

And I don't.

I see the same poor decision making that went into handing over an expansion team to a completely inexperienced management as I do in this move to raise prices and include a ticket to a game no one wants to go to.

Actually, no, it isn't poor decision making it's complete arrogance, as (sorry, I always see the name as, "Whizzywhig ;)) pointed out.

Or worse, I suppose, is that they might be right. People may have focused so much on the individual they hired the real problem with what they did went unnoticed and uncriticized to the point they don't think they did anything wrong. It's arrogance and a complete disrepsect for the customer.

A Stick
09-22-2010, 11:27 AM

Blind faith in MLSE? Just look at the Raptors and Maple Leafs. How the fuck can you put faith in a management team that has fucked up these two teams? The Leafs haven't made the play offs in over 6 years and the Raptors have won only one play off series in their 15 years of existence.

Also, they have raised prices each year during a very terrible recession and the product is not any better since they started 4 years ago. This is the final straw that broke the camel's back. It's simple fact they (MLSE front office) don't respect us and are treating us like lemmings. They can go fuck themselves. :flare:

TFCknw
09-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm down for a Pants Off protest. The whole south end takes off their pants in preperation for the reaming the MLSE has given us.

Pants off prtoest 2010!

WHOS WITH ME!!:scarf::scarf:

frickin funny:)

Fort York Redcoat
09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
I do have a solution to the problem that others are having. Don't renew and shut the fuck up. It really *is* that simple. Buying the tickets, but not being happy about it, but protesting anger, but still going to every game, but venting endlessly... how is it not tiresome to anyone else?

STFU? How is that helping discussion? Tired? Quit. If your message is to GIVE UP (like quitting in a way) ones tickets you should expect a little resistance. People here feel forced a way they would not choose.

Kudos that you were going to do something BTW. Congrats that you are okay with your season ticket package.

mastermixer
09-22-2010, 11:32 AM
This is my biggest sticking point.

Its not like they havent worked out a system in the past to deal with it....the All Star game was optional.

Now its forcing people who dont want to watch that game to deal with the tickets, hopefully not at a loss.

It does hurt perception though, and is having effect on that loyalty that they seem to count so much on.

That was 2008, when people just wanted to be inside BMO any chance they got.
This is 2010/2011 where people are starting to realize that the product on the pitch actually matters and unfortunately, MLSE have not delivered.

gtaguy
09-22-2010, 11:32 AM
It was actually a constructive and positive conversation before it took an ugly turn a couple pages back. I was involved much earlier and my purpose was to facilitate a constructive discussion.

I don't take kindly to your "shut the fuck up" ..

It really *is* not that simple becuase there are feeling and emotions involved.
Let me put this in a perspective a college or university student as yourself might comprehend.
If your university was forcing down your throat classes that had nothing to do with your career path would you not complain and maybe even demand and explaination ... What if you were not allowed to register for the following school year if you did not accept taking these useless classes.. Im pretty sure you would be pissed off..
even though at the end you might just suck it up and force yourself to accept it does not mean its right..

Brooker
09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
I do have a solution to the problem that others are having. Don't renew and shut the fuck up.

I agree with you 99% of the time over the years... but telling us to shut the fuck up is your answer? you claim this is constructive conversation? that's a pretty dick move.

KdotOdot
09-22-2010, 11:39 AM
for a second i thought someone was actually going to step up and create a real protest, alas..

Homey, this is as real as it gets. Imagine, 10,000 motherfuckers with their pants off. Thats some news making shit.

Wull
09-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok so I need to pick who I give my 2 spares to very selectively this week!!

gtaguy
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I agree with you 99% of the time over the years... but telling us to shut the fuck up is your answer? you claim this is constructive conversation? that's a pretty dick move.

agree

flatpicker
09-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I better make sure I do laundry before this game... important to have clean shorts!

__wowza
09-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Homey, this is as real as it gets. Imagine, 10,000 motherfuckers with their pants off. Thats some news making shit.

I'd like to believe it when i see it. :hump:

KdotOdot
09-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Look if I do it who will follow?

Ageroo
09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Everyone settle down in here...please and thank you. :)

Brooker
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
^^ protest this man. WHERE ARE MY FUCKING SHOES?

BeerBaron95
09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
KD did i without even protesting a thing lol

Pants off would make for a surreal afternoon at BMO

hmmmmmmm:cool:

Very tempting

:flare:

__wowza
09-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Look if I do it who will follow?

i'll do it.

Section 117
09-22-2010, 11:52 AM
I agree with DichioTFC, BUTI wouldn't have said it the way he did but unfortuantely, the only answer if you are not satisfied is to no renew.

I highly doubt MLSE will change prices/remove tickets etc...

Heathen
09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't take kindly to your "shut the fuck up" ..

It really *is* not that simple becuase there are feeling and emotions involved.
Let me put this in a perspective a college or university student as yourself might comprehend.
If your university was forcing down your throat classes that had nothing to do with your career path would you not complain and maybe even demand and explaination ... What if you were not allowed to register for the following school year if you did not accept taking these useless classes.. Im pretty sure you would be pissed off..
even though at the end you might just suck it up and force yourself to accept it does not mean its right..

Exactly, he seems to think they only legitimate action if you are not happy with something is to leave, that should serve him well in life, relationships and the workforce

KdotOdot
09-22-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm washing my Marlon Brando SKivies for this one

nimamalek
09-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm planning to pay on the absolute last day.

Plus I will be dropping half of my tickets.

Plus I will no longer purchase any beer or food in the stadium. And no merchandise as well.

That's my protest.

No beer no gear til the playoffs are here!
I've been championing that motto for a year

Kevvv
09-22-2010, 12:14 PM
In a perfect world the word "pants" would always be followed by the word "optional"

hey, no wise cracks

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I do have a solution to the problem that others are having. Don't renew and shut the fuck up.

Sorry mate, thats a poor solution at best, and I think you're smart enough to know it. Solutions are meant to solve problems, not turn them into worse problems.

My family is going to take an unneccessary hit because MLSE has padded the tickets. That's a problem.

I dont buy my tickets and I no longer have my seats in 112 and cant guarantee Ill get into games I would normally go to. Thats a worse problem.

Your solution is a big 'fuck you' actually

billyfly
09-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Its from that beer commercial on the radio.

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Its from that beer commercial on the radio.

Your pants are mandatory, when you're standing behind me.

kodiakTFC
09-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Someone should make a banner that says, "Let our wallets go. Freeze prices."

craz11
09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
A couple of things about MLS Cup and ticket sales:

FACT: The West is FAR superior to the East this season, and will provide 6 of 8 teams in the playoffs

FACT: All of the teams in the West are farther than Chicago, which is 11 hours away by bus.

FACT: In past MLS Cup Finals, the supporters that come from non-participating clubs number in the 100s. Not 1,000s.

So if it's LA Galaxy vs. Salt Lake again, how many non-TFC Season Seat Holders do you expect to be at BMO Field in late November?

My guess is 2,500.

Our only chance of selling the tickets that are being forced on us is if NY or Columbus reaches the final. If you honestly believe soccer moms are going to fly in their family from LA, Utah, Dallas, Colorado or Seattle to watch a soccer match in the freezing cold, you're nuts.

And for those of you who claim the solution is "don't renew", you're just being ignorant.

I never planned on attending MLS Cup - I'm going to be in Vancouver that weekend for my cousin's wedding. Now I'm being forced to buy a fucking ticket for an event I can't attend, just so I can renew.

And, as you can see, I'm not very hopeful regarding the resale market for these fucking things...

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
If people want to bitch about their feelings about whatever stick is currently up their ass, they have all right to do so. I am equally entitled to be bitch about what's bothering me. The cyclical nature of your argument would equate my debating the legitimacy, would it not? Do *you* have a right to decide if my beef is "legitimate"?

I do if as a result of your beef you demand is that others not to be allowed to express theirs. See, you are not saying you don't agree, you are saying that because you don't agree, everyone else should shut up. There is a big difference there and the difference is that you feel that your opinion should trump that of the others.

Wull
09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
A couple of things about MLS Cup and ticket sales:

FACT: The West is FAR superior to the East this season, and will provide 6 of 8 teams in the playoffs

FACT: All of the teams in the West are farther than Chicago, which is 11 hours away by bus.

FACT: In past MLS Cup Finals, the supporters that come from non-participating clubs number in the 100s. Not 1,000s.

So if it's LA Galaxy vs. Salt Lake again, how many non-TFC Season Seat Holders do you expect to be at BMO Field in late November?

My guess is 2,500.

Our only chance of selling the tickets that are being forced on us is if NY or Columbus reaches the final. If you honestly believe soccer moms are going to fly in their family from LA, Utah, Dallas, Colorado or Seattle to watch a soccer match in the freezing cold, you're nuts.

And for those of you who claim the solution is "don't renew", you're just being ignorant.

I never planned on attending MLS Cup - I'm going to be in Vancouver that weekend for my cousin's wedding. Now I'm being forced to buy a fucking ticket for an event I can't attend, just so I can renew.

And, as you can see, I'm not very hopeful regarding the resale market for these fucking things...

Not forgetting the vast majority of americans don't own a passport or one of those special drivers licenses

billyfly
09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Your pants are mandatory, when you're standing behind me.

Look at it from my perspective. If I am wearing no pants, they won't get doused with beer from your cup as you drunkenly yell at players and refs.

BTW - I won't be there this Sat. Hockey tryouts.

TFC Cityboy
09-22-2010, 12:39 PM

That may well be the case and wouldn't it make MLSE look like fools if the ground is half empty. Meanwhile in the other half of the ground, there is no atmosphere cos we are not the trained monkeys MLS thinks we are.

scooter
09-22-2010, 01:34 PM

thats the problem
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Super
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Someone should make a banner that says, "Let our wallets go. Freeze prices."

How about we all throw wallets (empty of course) onto the field? That might be a fun thing to do. Everyone can pick up one at the dollar store.

P-NUTZ
09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Negative marketing in this case is going to cost me about $600 - $700.

That's really evil.

is there any possability it could be illegal - or newsworthy as such with the idea that the possible bad PR reverses this scandalous billing?

barf...barf....

P-NUTZ
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
and by the way - IMO anybody complaining about this mess is truly justified. they are fucking with our money more than they need to, and it's in really poor taste considering the collateral/interest they collect from this manouver.

utterly horrible move.

TOBOR !
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
How about chucking Monopoly money on the field ? To the yanks it'll look like CDN $ anyway.

TFC Cityboy
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
How about chucking Monopoly money on the field ? To the yanks it'll look like CDN $ anyway.
with the inevitable North wind it'd all end up in Ontario Place
:)
I like the PANTS OFF protest...are they going to throw us all out??

TOBOR !
09-22-2010, 02:24 PM
with the inevitable North wind it'd all end up in Ontario Place
I like the PANTS OFF protest...are they going to throw us all out??

You're only thinking about the South End. STs are all over the stadium.

ensco
09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
How about we all throw wallets (empty of course) onto the field? That might be a fun thing to do. Everyone can pick up one at the dollar store.

Funny idea. Can't be throwing things.

What you nailed is that it's most effective if you're funny/stylish in what you do.

Have everyone going buy one of these?
http://www.partymart.com/details.asp?id=090-49975

Do a bulk order, charge a bit more than cost, profits to charity.

Would enough people buy/wear one? Not sure. But a stadium full of these hats would be very embarassing to MLSE.

CretanBull
09-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Brilliant!

Of course its a violation of MLS rules etc. but it would be impossible to ignore and would become a talking point.

TFC Cityboy
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
You're only thinking about the South End. STs are all over the stadium.

you ever been there on a really windy day?

Canada72
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
I think I remember Leeds United fans all standing backwards for the start of game and looking away from the field for a period of time. Something to think about. Even if not everyone knows about it ahead of time they can join in at the time.

Cashcleaner
09-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Options:
1. Don't renew
2. Don't renew

I would be offended by the 'disgusting' or dense comments... but I appreciate the congratulations :D

Good luck with complaining to the better business bureau, or the competition bureau, or your member of parliament, or the potential mayors... or whoever you think is going to get this minor inconvenience alleviated for you.

Hate it all you want, I'm one of thousands that will be *happily* picking up the season tickets that you and others drop. Hell, sell your MLS Cup tickets to me, I'll buy them all!!

Sending you a PM now. If I can offload my MLS Cup ticket for face value and bring down my total cost for tickets I will. What do you figure face value will be?

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Look at it from my perspective. If I am wearing no pants, they won't get doused with beer from your cup as you drunkenly yell at players and refs.

BTW - I won't be there this Sat. Hockey tryouts.

are you still pissed 'bout that? the beer was from your own cup btw.

From my perspective, if you spent more time yelling at refs and players and less time taking the piss out of everybody else, you'd stay drier.

Wull
09-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Let's take it right to the source, everyone get your kids to smack their teacher and every TD customer go in and beat the manager senseless! :D

Stencils
09-25-2010, 03:37 PM
You know, with TFC pushing all the social networking stuff on their site, it might be effective to simply change your facebook profile picture to a simple image protesting MLSE.

I know that when you check out any TFC stuff online now there's usually a Facebook "Who likes this" thing at the bottom and I inevitably see tons of our people pop up there. It'd be really easy to have nearly every page of their site that has social media links have 20 or so pictures of 'SCREW YOU MLSE' show up.

Just an idea.

Limani_Ole
09-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I protest by not renewing.. see ya!!

we should start a supporters trust and take over the team.. like Barca

Blowing Bubbles
09-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I protest by not renewing.. see ya!!

we should start a supporters trust and take over the team.. like Barca

can we get a sugar daddy bank to write off all of our bad loans too?

Sally Mack
09-25-2010, 06:17 PM
The paper bag over the head always worked for me.

Glenchen29
09-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm sure many here have media contacts and if you really want to make a statement arrange a walking protest at the stadium and or at MLSE head office. I bet you could easially get 1000 folk out to march down the street with signs and a barrage of media following with the story!

The media coverage has increased over the last two seasons and people are reading and hearing about it. ML$E share holders win but the sport supporters are the biggest losers, you and me! A sign that you hold at the stadium during the game or not buying beer is not visually seen as much as a group effort.

Sally Mack
09-26-2010, 12:12 PM
What if we all show up to the games, chant and sing as usual... but wear shirts with big dollar signs on them. Meaning: to mlse we are all just dollar signs, not fans.

I think this gets the point across while not affecting the boys on the field. Plus its easy to do! Just get a plain white T-shirt and draw a big dollar sign on it with a thick marker.

Or better yet, draw the dollar sign on your bare chest. Shirts off! ;)

mclaren
09-26-2010, 01:49 PM
What if we all show up to the games, chant and sing as usual... but wear shirts with big dollar signs on them. Meaning: to mlse we are all just dollar signs, not fans.

I think this gets the point across while not affecting the boys on the field. Plus its easy to do! Just get a plain white T-shirt and draw a big dollar sign on it with a thick marker.

Or better yet, draw the dollar sign on your bare chest. Shirts off! ;)

Women only :)

T.O TILL I DIE
09-26-2010, 02:20 PM
pitch invasion + flares!

bgnewf
09-27-2010, 06:31 AM
The Voice Of The Irate Fan

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/the-voice-of-the-irate-fan/

In video form, some fans react to the 2011 TFC Season Ticket price increase. Your commwnts are always welcomed and appreciated.

chipper
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
I dont understand the supporters at this club sometimes - You have a chance to make a difference, but youre actions say something completly different to what you talk about......If this club and MLSE's antics took place anywhere in Europe this club would have been closed down years ago.

we come on here and moan about MLSE and yet still go to the game week in week out, buy there beer and buy there food - what is there incentive to change ? we will still go and they know it !!!!

I looked in to ends on saturdays game - some fans were holding up $ flags while the boys next to them were holding up a banner "We will always follow you" - what a conflict of opinions that is !!!!

And then after that sh1t performance people are hanging around clapping them - are you fkng kidding me ?

we will continue to support this sh1t product no matter how bad it gets and MLSE know it - looking frwd to another 20% ticket increase next year.

How about we do something like boycott the final game (not sell them, but leave the seats empty), if you support the team you are supporting MLSE - simple as that

dont renew youre seats thats the only answer

mclaren
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM
I dont understand the supporters at this club sometimes - You have a chance to make a difference, but youre actions say something completly different to what you talk about......If this club and MLSE's antics took place anywhere in Europe this club would have been closed down years ago.

we come on here and moan about MLSE and yet still go to the game week in week out, buy there beer and buy there food - what is there incentive to change ? we will still go and they know it !!!!

I looked in to ends on saturdays game - some fans were holding up $ flags while the boys next to them were holding up a banner "We will always follow you" - what a conflict of opinions that is !!!!

And then after that sh1t performance people are hanging around clapping them - are you fkng kidding me ?

we will continue to support this sh1t product no matter how bad it gets and MLSE know it - looking frwd to another 20% ticket increase next year.

How about we do something like boycott the final game (not sell them, but leave the seats empty), if you support the team you are supporting MLSE - simple as that

dont renew youre seats thats the only answer

well said