PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC vs Cruz Azul - Pre-Match & Match Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

ManUtd4ever
09-20-2010, 08:43 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/themes/toronto/images/logos/toronto_60.png vs http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/logo_60/CruzAzul.png

Sep 21 - Cruz Azul v Toronto FC

Estadio Azul 10:00 PM

CONCACAF Champions League

The Reds are in the midst of the most difficult part of the schedule playing against a regional powerhouse in one of the most intimidating stadiums in North America.

It will be a monumental task for TFC to earn a result in this match...

Oldtimer
09-20-2010, 09:03 AM
No MLS club has EVER won in Mexico.

Reasonable options:

(1) Play prekiball (the squad still knows how to do this) and pray for a tie.
(2) Save our players for the MLS playoff push and send in the scrubs.

A win would be highly unlikely. TFC is extremely unlikely to be able to do what much better MLS squads have failed at trying.

If they did, this squad is much better than most of us would think.

Fort York Redcoat
09-20-2010, 09:12 AM
No MLS club has EVER won in Mexico.

Yeah but we're Canadian. :canada: They've fallen to Canadian clubs before.

I would like to see some kids but our usual starters ready to play some minutes.

I'd be content with a draw away.

Pachuco
09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm just hoping we don't get embarassed in this one the way Arabe Unido got embarassed by Cruz Azul, and that was in Panama. Also, Cruz Azul won 3-0 on the weekend as well.

Something tells me the Cruz Azul squad we beat in Toronto is not the same bunch of guys we are going to play today.

I would be absolutely exactic with a tie, I will feel like we won the championship if we can somehow pull off a tie.

Soccer-Ts
09-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm just hoping we don't get embarassed in this one the way Arabe Unido got embarassed by Cruz Azul, and that was in Panama. Also, Cruz Azul won 3-0 on the weekend as well.

Exactly what I'm thinking

Something tells me the Cruz Azul squad we beat in Toronto is not the same bunch of guys we are going to play today.

I hope they don't start Orozco against us. (They started him in their league match Saturday so they'll probably rest him tomorrow.) The guy's on fire, he's got 7 goals in the last 2 CCL games - 4 against RSl and 3 against Árabe U. That's just insane, the guy's 22 ffs . . . that's the kind of dp we need!

I would be absolutely exactic with a tie

Exactic with a tie, dyslexic with a win!

Oldtimer
09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Props to our supporters from Paul B:

At the airport with 3 RPB on their way for the Cruz Azul match! I bet the Argos don't see this support when they play in Mexico.

http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Its actually kind of a stupid comment from PB.

As for the actual game. I say we go all out. We can decide later if we should mail it in for the last 2 CCL games.

Fort York Redcoat
09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
^Did you see it was on twitter? ....Twitter. It's not CNN, dude.

Looking forward to seeing our boys and girls supporting no matter what. I hope they get to see a great performance.

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
^Did you see it was on twitter? ....Twitter. It's not CNN, dude.

Where its posted is irrelevant. Its still a retarded comment.

But everyone here loves the guy despite his arrogance, so I guess I shouldn't talk bad about TFC's business 'genius'.

deltox
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
so something on MLSRUMORS has the same tone as something on MLS.net to you?

Beach_Red
09-20-2010, 10:23 AM

But everyone here loves the guy despite his arrogance, so I guess I shouldn't talk bad about TFC's business 'genius'.

Yes, props to the RPB. It's true, TFC has some terrific supporters.

The problem is the organization thinks they had something to do with that instead of just capitalizing on it in the most obvious way. You're right to call it arrogant. Should we give any importance to an offhand tweet?

Anyway, who is available for this game? Will Attakora be playing?

ManUtd4ever
09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Starting lineup if you were Dasovic (considering the schedule)?

-----------Conway-----------
Usanov-Attakora-Cann-Harden
-------------JDG-------------
Lindsay--------------Labrocca
------------DeRo-------------
-----Barrett-----Santos-------

prizby
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
attakora won't be back yet

might give frei the start...he play good, might give some european notice

prizby
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
how come this game is at 10pm...last time cruz azul played at home, it was at 8pm

last time tfc was suppose to play at 10pm (@ Arabe Unido), it was at 8pm

is this some mistake?

ManUtd4ever
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
All I know is it's definitely listed at 10pm on the Rogers guide...

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 11:22 AM
how come this game is at 10pm...last time cruz azul played at home, it was at 8pm

last time tfc was suppose to play at 10pm (@ Arabe Unido), it was at 8pm

is this some mistake?

I'm guessing the start time has to do with TV.

There are only 2 games on Tuesday. Columbus v Santos right before Cruz Azul v TFC:

http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/Schedule/0,,12856,00.html

ManUtd4ever
09-20-2010, 11:23 AM

I would be absolutely exactic with a tie, I will feel like we won the championship if we can somehow pull off a tie.

Agreed, which is why I am still bitter over that pathetic starting lineup in Panama. TFC should have won that match against Arabe Unido handily and then tomorrow's match wouldn't have the same implications it has now...

Joe Kool
09-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I think Cruz Azul will definitely feel like they owe it to their fans to obliterate us after losing what was probably a very embarrassing defeat in Toronto. I think they will come with all guns blazing to try to make a point to us that it was some kind of fluke. Maybe if we can manage an early goal they will put so much pressure on themselves that they might implode. Just my hopes. I am sure the referee will want to make it out alive too so there may be a few questionable calls going to the home side. We survived Motagua in bad conditions so hopefully the team doesn't have a 5 hour bus ride this time and get at least a tie. Anyone with Mexican connections hearing about what the Mexican media is saying for this one?

Auzzy
09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know if the official CONCACAF live stream for this game will be blocked in the Toronto area?

Stream will be at http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/ if it's not blocked. (Free registration required.)

swan
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Its actually kind of stupid comment from PB.

As for the actual game. I say we go all out. We can decide later if we should mail it in for the last 2 CCL games.

no thats actually kind of stupid comment

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM

ilikemusic
09-20-2010, 12:46 PM

Im one of the loudest people on this board when it comes to mouthing off about stupid/unprofessional comments from TFC management.

There is nothing wrong with what PB said.

Oh, and we are going to win tomorrow. :cheers:

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 12:48 PM

lol that is so funny.

I'm busy tonight and can not watch the game but I will have my iphone to get updates and will watch the highlights after..

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Im one of the loudest people on this board when it comes to mouthing off about stupid/unprofessional comments from TFC management.

There is nothing wrong with what PB said.

Oh, and we are going to win tomorrow. :cheers:
yeah his comments were funny.

TFCDP
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm usually a pretty optimistic guy but I think this one is going to get ugly.

Super
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM
This is going to be a massively tough road game - quite possibly the hardest in our short history. However, we have to field our very best side as this is a game we can't leave without at least a point. A loss would possibly spell the end of the CCL for us unfortunately.

jloome
09-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Cruz Azul are going to be all about patient possession, punishing bad marking and bad challenges.

If we sit back in our own end and try to grind out a draw, we'll be absolutely slaughtered. The only way this game is close is if we get them to make uncommon mistakes by giving them an uncommon look: press them full field. Force them to play the short pass all the way from their own touchline upfield.

woolly
09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
This is going to be a massively tough road game - quite possibly the hardest in our short history. However, we have to field our very best side as this is a game we can't leave without at least a point. A loss would possibly spell the end of the CCL for us unfortunately.

Agreed, we are 5 points behind a playoff spot in MLS standings. If we can eke out a point here it puts us much closer to the next CCL round than the MLS cup.

And fuck you Preki for no going all in for the three points in Panama.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
RSL certainly gave them a game. TFC tends to defy all logic, maybe they'll have the MLS break through in Mexico?

Detroit_TFC
09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
My first reaction is that we should play just as nasty as Cruz Azul does but the problem is the scumbag CONCACAF ref will kill us with cards which will wreck us for the home legs.

Darlofletch
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Agreed, which is why I am still bitter over that pathetic starting lineup in Panama. TFC should have won that match against Arabe Unido handily and then tomorrow's match wouldn't have the same implications it has now...

yep, that line-up basically just pissed away our surprise win, and blew our chances of qualifying.
cruz azul and rsl wins this week and it's basically over, given the gd situation.

Blizzard
09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
yep, that line-up basically just pissed away our surprise win, and blew our chances of qualifying.
cruz azul and rsl wins this week and it's basically over, given the gd situation.

That was the winnable road game .... and we .... I mean Preki .... didn't go full out for the win. He tried to squeak out a draw and we all know what happened.

boysblue
09-20-2010, 07:08 PM
the play-offs are a very long shot at this stage. dasovic has no need to rest anybody given the ccl is the club's most realistic shot at glory this season. play the best we have and hope we can nick a point. we will beat the panamanian team at home (they were hopeles and preki did fuck up) and hopefully we can beat rsl, so a draw againsy cruz would give us 10 points and allow us to advance. i agree it is not likely but more likely than catching seattle or colorado at this stage.

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 07:55 PM

Same here. I think I might go into convulsions if we actually win this game.

Expecting a 1-0 or 2-0 loss, possibly more. Expecting a very defensive-minded performance from us.

I will hold out a shred of hope for a 0-0 tie, or something like that, though.

- Scott

barticusz
09-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I predict a 7-1 routing for Azul.

Heart of Stone
09-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Mex. City tuesday: High 22 degrees, Low 12 degrees, thudershowers .... it may deluge...

Pachuco
09-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Mex. City tuesday: High 22 degrees, Low 12 degrees, thudershowers .... it may deluge...

Water makes the ball bounce in weird ways. Maybe mother nature is our saviour!

rocker
09-20-2010, 09:23 PM
did you see the RSL game there? They had ponds on the field. The game was delayed so workers could squeegie water off. Some of the passes would hit the pools of water and just stop dead. I've never seen a game that waterlogged.

Guess they can't afford the subair system. Or they built that stadium too low into the ground.

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 09:24 PM
well everyone have fun watching the CONCACAF diving team

king dave
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
lol that is so funny.

I'm busy tonight and can not watch the game but I will have my iphone to get updates and will watch the highlights after..
After what douche?
Who fucking cares:D
KD.

king dave
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
TFC will be the wieners!
KD.

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 09:41 PM
TFC will be the wieners!
KD.
nope we are going to lose and everyone going to show up to bmo on saturday all pissoff and burn the place down .....lol:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 09:57 PM

Better yet, I picture a scenario where one of our shitty long ball passes suddenly gets bogged down in a puddle of water, throwing the Cruz Azul defenders off, and gifting us a (winning?) goal.

- Scott

Chevy
09-21-2010, 08:07 AM
I predict a 7-1 routing for Azul.

+1. I always hope for the best, but I can see us getting pumped tonight.

maninb
09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
If there's a Latino ref we're f*cked from the start....pretty much guarantees 1 red, 3-4 yellows, and a dodgy goal against TFC....Hoping the ref is a Yank or at least from the Caribbean....

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2010, 08:49 AM
If there's a Latino ref we're f*cked from the start....pretty much guarantees 1 red, 3-4 yellows, and a dodgy goal against TFC....Hoping the ref is a Yank or at least from the Caribbean....

What are the chances we get a latino ref?:rolleyes:

The team needs to adjust their game. They've done it before. Recently. Taking way more fouls etc. As long as they make the most of what little possession the officials let them have we have a chance.

:scarf:

Technorgasm
09-21-2010, 08:49 AM
This is NORTH AMERICAN footy. . . anythign can happen. NOTHING is certain.

I just hope that the ref is fair, the opposition stay on their feet and we can find a way to stretch teh onion bag.

If anything goes wrong. . its all FORT YORK RED COAT's fault. . .

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2010, 08:58 AM
If anything goes wrong. . its all FORT YORK RED COAT's fault. . .

Future sig.:dita:

prizby
09-21-2010, 09:50 AM
10pm kickoff means 9pm kick off in Mexico City...does this make much sense???

I only ask because I don't want to miss any of it (from a live stream)

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2010, 11:01 AM

Better yet, I picture a scenario where one of our shitty long ball passes suddenly gets bogged down in a puddle of water, throwing the Cruz Azul defenders off, and gifting us a (winning?) goal.

- Scott

Thunderstorms will reduce the tactical impact on the game and definitely work in our favour :D

:scarf:

pawlukj
09-21-2010, 12:11 PM
i sense a slaughter (against us)

Auzzy
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Can somebody please confirm, will the official CONCACAF stream of this game be blocked in the Toronto area? I have signed up for the free Concacaf TV account, and I have watched some of the previous CCL games that way (but I was out of the country at the time). Did anyone watch the Concacaf stream in Toronto during previous games?

Today, back in Toronto, when I log into Concacaf TV (http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk) and click on the TFC game tonight, I receive the message "Sorry, the event is not available for watching in your region."

If I click on the other games not involving TFC, I get the message "Sorry, the event you are trying to watch has not yet started."

What gives? I thought we were told earlier, that these lives streams wouldn't be blocked anywhere??? (Yes I know there will probably be unofficial streams available, but they usually aren't as good or as reliable.)

Oldtimer
09-21-2010, 12:31 PM
From Duane Rollins:

TFC v Cruz Azul preview: pray (http://www.24thminute.com/2010/09/tfc-v-cruz-azul-preview-pray.html)

I’m not sure TFC fans realized how improbable the 2-1 home win against Cruz Azul was. It was the first win over a Mexican team by a MLS team in the CCL history. If you take that win away, the league’s record against the FMF is 0-3-10.

MLS has been been outscored 14-34 in those games. It’s not pretty. And, that’s not even considering the league’s road record in Mexico. That’s simple to remember: oh-for-forever. Your father was playing tag at recess the last time a team based in an American league won in Mexico.

http://www.24thminute.com/2010/09/tfc-v-cruz-azul-preview-pray.html

Beach_Red
09-21-2010, 12:47 PM
^ Wow, when someone puts it like tha it really does seem like something - now all they have to do is build on that accomplishment, go down to Panama and win that game and then....

Oh right.

habstfc
09-21-2010, 01:26 PM
TFC better get a point tonight or they are DONE! There's no way 9 points is going to get us through to the next round. Man I feel like an idiot knowing the last 2 games at bmo are more than likely going to be meaningless.

nfitz
09-21-2010, 01:32 PM
We might be okay if we lose, and Salt Lake loses in Panama. Cruz Azul may well beat Salt Lake in Rio Tinto in October. But if we don't get the same number of points (or more) than Salt Lake tonight, then it's hard to see how we get through.

We should have got a point in Panama; thank's Preki for not giving a damn.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-21-2010, 02:28 PM
We might be okay if we lose, and Salt Lake loses in Panama. Cruz Azul may well beat Salt Lake in Rio Tinto in October. But if we don't get the same number of points (or more) than Salt Lake tonight, then it's hard to see how we get through.

We should have got a point in Panama; thank's Preki for not giving a damn.

PREKI should of been FIRED right on the spot after that disgrace

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2010, 02:35 PM
^Not enough people cared about the tournament. Some excusing Preki for saving players for the league..

Chevy
09-21-2010, 02:48 PM
For those full of hope and some money to burn, a road win here will pay 10-1. Even a draw will pay over 5-1.

pawlukj
09-21-2010, 06:26 PM
is the concacaf league website going to stream this game?

daner90
09-21-2010, 06:52 PM
well i am hoping for a draw at least but not expecting it...

TorCanSoc
09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Start the juniors. Then ice the puck and play for the tie.

Lets be real folks. This game is going to be a mess.

Brooker
09-21-2010, 07:05 PM
This game is going to be a mess.

well... in that case so am I. :drinking:

markus
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
At the airport with 3 RPB on their way for the Cruz Azul match! I bet the Argos don't see this support when they play in Mexico.

Paul B should be at home watching this game on TV not in Mexico...like me and you:)

ArmenJBX
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Fuck the negativity, they're not Spanish, they're mexican.

TFC 1-0 Cruz Azul, with Nick Garcia going missing and international police getting involved.

Torontotonto
09-21-2010, 07:21 PM
is the concacaf league website going to stream this game?

Tried logging in and got a message that "this game is not available in your area" ? All the other CONCACAF games worked, why not this one.
BS must be MLSE and GolTV latest move to F... us up for this game, and buy GolTV to increase the MLSE revenue's once more.
If you don't have GolTV you can try :

ATDHE.net
Channelsurfing.net

Really want to see this one no matter what the outcome is.

bgnewf
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Just got this tweet from Paul Bierne about referees tonight

it's a Guatemalan officiating team and Mexican 4th official. Juan Carlos Guerra from Guatemala is the ref tonight.

Oldtimer
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Bad news. South American ref will favour the home side. He wants to leave with his life.

A Mexican official for the 4th official? Look for strange happenings with the added time, possibly.

werewolf
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Bet365 odds of the scoreline -

Cruz Azul by 1 4.33
Cruz Azul by 2 4.00
Cruz Azul by 3 4.75
Cruz Azul by 4+ 4.00
Score Draw 7.50

More probable that they win by 4+ then by a single goal.

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
http://atdhe.net/24525/watch-cruz-azul-vs-toronto-fc

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Just got this tweet from Paul Bierne about referees tonight

it's a Guatemalan officiating team and Mexican 4th official. Juan Carlos Guerra from Guatemala is the ref tonight.

does concacaf have offices in toronto?

Chevy
09-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Fuck the negativity, they're not Spanish, they're mexican.

TFC 1-0 Cruz Azul, with Nick Garcia going missing and international police getting involved.

LOL. Dibs on the movie rights.

Bombonera
09-21-2010, 08:26 PM
BOYCOTT MLS CUP!!!!!!!!!
'
All we are saying, is screw MLSE!!!!!

All we are saying, is SCREW MLSE!!!!!

billyfly
09-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh TFC, what will I do with you?

Vince Whirlwind
09-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm expecting a serious bitch-slappin' by Cruz with OBW continuing his claim for worst striker on the planet.

Who the hell knows with this team though...?!?

bgnewf
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Starting XI
Conway, Garcia, Cann, Harden, Hscanovics, Peterson, de Guzman, Nane, Lindsay, Ibrahim, White

Oor Wullie
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Starting XI
Conway, Garcia, Cann, Harden, Hscanovics, Peterson, de Guzman, Nane, Lindsay, Ibrahim, White
Well that line up pretty well tells us the outcome:(

colman1860
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Guess we don't give a fuck

tfcleeds
09-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I just hope we don't get a hiding...I'll be happy with a 2-0 or 3-0 loss...:(

Baggio2TFC
09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Starting XI
Wow...Really???

Wow....Defenders nightmare with Ibby and OBW up front!

:picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::drinking: :drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::scarf:

Smuttynose
09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Starting XI

WOW

good to know the team doesn't think we can win either...

ArmenJBX
09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Better to throw this joke of a game then lose playoff hopes.

tfcleeds
09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Stream just came up on atdhe.net. Wow, talk about an empty stadium...even the Mexicans don't deem this match worthy of attending.

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 09:02 PM
same keeper as last game no??

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 09:03 PM
How bad will this be...

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
made of lead Cann man is captian!

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
damn look at Nane talk to that huddle.

shwade
09-21-2010, 09:05 PM
atleast Cann is captain

jloome
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Ouch. We`re in trouble.

tfcleeds
Sounds like the horn at HSBC arena, haha.

ExiledRed
this game is rigged....watch

jloome
Maybe it`ll be one of those shockers where the bench and youth players try to prove a point and come through with one. Worth it. Might as well rest the players for playoffs and take a shot.

Red Rat
09-21-2010, 09:07 PM
hahahahaa
it is best said, it is ouch time.

werewolf
we need more loud train horns at home games.

Carts
Yup - this is a lineup that will hopefully "not lose too bad" and rest guys for MLS play...

Conway, Garcia, JDG, Ibby, White... We ain't playing for the win...

That being said. Happy for Cann to get the armband, and Conway has been solid in his starts...

Carts...

BeerBaron95
wtf is that horn ??

BeerBaron95
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
nane got fouled by the turf.. :picard:

Carts
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
That chunk of the pitch on the near touch line, at the half way line - LOOKS LIKE SHIT...

Luke Welman "pitch doesn't look the greatest". You're being too nice sir... ;)

Carts...

razor787
09-21-2010, 09:10 PM
agreed. What the hell is up with that?

tfcleeds
We're just returning the favour to Cruz Azul by playing mostly our second stringers...haha.

Carts
nane got fouled by the turf.. :picard:
He absolutely got injured by the displacement in the turf...

I didn't notice until the replay...

That field is garbage...

Carts
09-21-2010, 09:11 PM
We're just returning the favour to Cruz Azul by playing mostly our second stringers...haha.

Could you imagine if they started their full team...???

6-nil...???

BeerBaron95
thats a huge paych job done to the pitch by the touch line.. holy crap!! get some SCOTTS girls over there stat!!

BeerBaron95
He absolutely got injured by the displacement in the turf...

I didn't notice until the replay...

That field is garbage...

I usually take divots that big when i take a full wedge into the green.. lol

tfcleeds
09-21-2010, 09:13 PM
My eyes are hurting looking at that pitch...

Oor Wullie
09-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Is it just me or does Conway look like David Seaman lol.

ArmenJBX
09-21-2010, 09:14 PM
All I am saying is...

FOURTH ROUND DRAFT PICK...

BeerBaron95
09-21-2010, 09:15 PM
thats fucking balls that horn goes off to throw the boys off.

and we cant use smoke or flares cause of some nancy boys here *cough cough*

lol.. a topic for another time i suppose

Vince Whirlwind
How long until saric gets carded?

BeerBaron95
Nane lasted all of 5 mins. great way to burn a sub because he completely miss kicked the ball

ArmenJBX
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh cool a train horn! :O

TFC_Central
fucking annoying horn.

Carts
Conway ran right over that little striker...

werewolf
09-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Those horns are fantastic, we need those. Maybe at least VIA and GO Transit can hook it up when they pass by during a game.

razor787
Nane lasted all of 5 mins. great way to burn a sub because he completely miss kicked the ball

The ball was knocked away, not his fault. If the ball hadnt been knocked, he would have connected.

But I do believe that this isnt the first time Nane has been injured early. I am pretty sure that his shoulder injury came in the first few minutes of a game.

tfcleeds
That train horn makes vuvuzelas sound great.

werewolf
:rofl: the announcer called him White O'brian LOL

Carts
JDG to White... White makes some space... Takes a strike...

Some positive play...

TFCRegina
Where did "White O'Brien's" footwork come from?

SirBobSaget
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
White is actually not the worst striker on the field ... who is? (hint the other guy beside him!)

TFCRegina
And the horn disrupts communication between the defenders and goalkeeper...it's tantamount to cheating.

TFC_Central
lmao really?> Ole for defense touches in their own half?

Vince Whirlwind
OBW is excellent at not scoring

jloome
LOL, OBW almost skins a mexican primera defender. That would`ve been something

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
If we can keep them from scoring, that horn will be at the other end in the 2nd half and won't be able to disrupt our communications as effectively.

razor787
09-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Toronto seems to be playing pretty good, considering who they are against.

Carts
Jesus, look at that packed crowd...

And here MLSE is worried that we had 2/3rds of the stadium appearing full for our CONCACAF games... ;)

BeerBaron95
The ball was knocked away, not his fault. If the ball hadnt been knocked, he would have connected.

But I do believe that this isnt the first time Nane has been injured early. I am pretty sure that his shoulder injury came in the first few minutes of a game.

wtf are u talking about.. he miss judged the kick period.. watch the replay again

Carts
If we can keep them from scoring, that horn will be at the other end in the 2nd half and won't be able to disrupt our communications as effectively.

Meh, or send DICHIO up there to trash the thing! :)

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 09:23 PM
WTF? HORN on the free kick so the keeper cant communicate with the defense ? Mexican clowns.

Carts
09-21-2010, 09:24 PM
HEY LOOK - CHEERLEADERS...

I thought they were OULTRA down there...???

David_Oliveira
09-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Come on you REDS!!! Play for the badge and not the name on the back
edit: Carts beat me to it

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Come on you REDS!!! Play for the badge and not the name on the back
ps wtf?? Cheerleeders??

It is football...

tfcleeds
Ooh, yeah, cheerleaders. They're a staple at Mexican league matches.

BeerBaron95
stellar play by JDG yet again

SirBobSaget
and the shoddy refereeing begins

TFC_Central
here we gooo!

TFCRegina
And Cruz Azul begins their audition for the next olympics...

Carts
09-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Well done JDG...

Some more positive impact getting booked in the early stages...

Red Rat
I think that I can hear The Chupacabra on the background crying for blood... I think our boys are in trouble

rr

David_Oliveira
Ooh, yeah, cheerleaders. They're a staple at Mexican league matches.

well they can add at least another 20 to the attendance :)

razor787
and the shoddy refereeing begins

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Vince Whirlwind
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
This game needs MORE train horn

Carts
Conway looks sharp...

Cann looks pumped to be wearing the armband...

TFC_Central
Im turning off this feed, every time the ball is in the box a defeaning horn goes off. This is actually fucking ridiculous to watch. Mexican football is disgusting, as if dirty tactics and diving wasn't enough.

BeerBaron95
Well done JDG...

Some more positive impact getting booked in the early stages...

Got a yellow for being lazy yet again.... out muscled for position then boots the opposing player.

then proceeds to cough up the ball while dribbling... DP worthy fo sho

David_Oliveira
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
gotta give it to the CA supporters. Those flags are still waving

BeerBaron95
Thats what BMO will look like next season with the ticket price increase.

No joke

SirBobSaget
Did the Cruz Azul guy run into and knock down his own player .. then put his arm up calling for a foul?? probably almost worked on the ref too

Boondaddy
Who builds a pitch next to a rail yard??? Honestly...

TFCRegina
All this match has said to me so far is that we need wide players...specifically better fullbacks and better forward wingers.

David_Oliveira
Wasted set piece

Southsider
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
What a brutal fucking attempt at a tackle!!

BeerBaron95
Im turning off this feed, every time the ball is in the box a defeaning horn goes off. This is actually fucking ridiculous to watch. Mexican football is disgusting, as if dirty tactics and diving wasn't enough.

Funny how its not really that bad.. u can simply mute ur speakers and job done

rocker
UMBRELLAS! that's ultra.. you could poke somebody's eye out

TFCRegina

Looking down from the air I don't see a railyard...I think they bring that into the stadium...

BeerBaron95
09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Conway looks sharp...

Cann looks pumped to be wearing the armband...

Im glad JDG or Garcia arent wearing it. I like it alot

kodiakTFC

I'd honestly like to know.

TFC_Central
Funny how its not really that bad.. u can simply mute ur speakers and job done

i mean for the players. WTF is with a deafening horn

Boondaddy
09-21-2010, 09:31 PM
There's a lot of medics in the crowd...might be useful.

TFCRegina
And that wasn't a shove from behind...he should be booked.

king dave
Get me a stream gang!
Mine went down.
KD.

David_Oliveira
09-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Best commentator this season by far. Very impartial

David_Oliveira
Get me a stream gang!
Mine went down.
KD.

TFCRegina
Lindsey looks so much better than Ibrahim.

BeerBaron95
Get me a stream gang!
Mine went down.
KD.

Vince Whirlwind
I kind of miss the De Rossius calls from the last guy

Carts
Ibbey just went in hard... Ref saw ball and didn't buy the dive...

Don't rag on this ref too much just yet...

JDG deserved his foul - lazy play then went in high...

We received a free-kick close to their box right after...

werewolf
09-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Now we are getting into the time-wasting business, we have learned.

BeerBaron95
Ibbey just went in hard... Ref saw ball and didn't buy the dive...

Don't rag on this ref too much just yet...

JDG deserved his foul - lazy play then went in high...

We received a free-kick close to their box right after...

agreed

Boondaddy
Looking down from the air I don't see a railyard...I think they bring that into the stadium...

I swear I heard a chugging choo choo.

Carts
UMBRELLAS = ULTRAS!

and cheerleaders...!!

LOL...

Big bad Mexico City!

werewolf
those umbrellas are ew-ltra, more umbrellas when its not raining and more train horns for home matches.

David_Oliveira
Doesn't look good for saric

razor787
Nice... Lets sub out our sub... In the first half...

TFCRegina
WHY is ibrahim running right behind Lindsey...LITERALLY right behind Lindsey when he has the ball...GO WIDE...get space...Jesus.

TFC_Central
09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
There's a lot of medics in the crowd...might be useful.
HAHAHAHAHAH:scarf:

SirBobSaget
De Rossius!!!!

David_Oliveira
Dero for Saric. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt too

werewolf
DeRo!!!

We are winning this match.

kthxbye.

razor787
09-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Jesus fuck... Dero In for Saric in for Nane... We are screwed.

BeerBaron95
Let Cann keep the armband !!

Vince Whirlwind
WHY is ibrahim running right behind Lindsey...LITERALLY right behind Lindsey when he has the ball...GO WIDE...get space...Jesus.

I'm gonna gess 'cause Ibramain isn't very good.

ArmenJBX
Lindsey doesn't look very good :(

AND HE TOOK MY NUMBER!?!??!

Fuck :(

kodiakTFC
A month ago Nicholas Lyndsay was playing in the CSL and here is now playing against Cruz Azul. That has got to be pretty surreal for him.

Fushida
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM

You don't say......

jloome
LOL, actually there`s a fairly substantial body of medical evidence that "warmup" and stretching don't actually cut down on muscle injuries.

Carts
Not sure about DeRo coming in...

This shit turf, the travel, the fixtures...

We can't afford to have the man who has scored 46% of our league goals go down hurt...

David_Oliveira
I don't know how well Dero will do playing CM. Hasn't played much of that this season. He is essentially playing where he plays for the CMNT

BeerBaron95
09-21-2010, 09:38 PM

Thats great detective work... didnt even think of this until you mentioned it :rolleyes:

shwade
09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
traffic sounds like a bitch

Vince Whirlwind
09-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Not sure about DeRo coming in...

This shit turf, the travel, the fixtures...

We can't afford to have the man who has scored 46% of our league goals go down hurt...

Afford what exactly? That we might miss out on the MLS playoffs by even MORE?

David_Oliveira
Have they shown our supporters yet?

TFCRegina
This is starting to look like the Barcelona home game in the Barca-Inter showdown this year.

jloome
Even playing as slothfully as now, the Mexicans' first touch on the ball is generally perfect. I think maybe first touch, and off the ball movement, are the two biggest weaknesses in the north american game.

BeerBaron95
Those "trains" go by moe frequently that the GO.... we should adopt their schedule lol

Carts
09-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Dero is directing traffic out there right away...

razor787
I have never turned off a tfc game before, but I am debating doing that tonight. Not because of how we are playing, but because I am getting a little worried how we are going to avoid injuries on this shit pitch. With 1 sub needing to last for 55+ we are screwed

Boondaddy
By George your right, someone brought a fucking train horn into the stadium.....amazing.

jloome
Refs hate DeGuzman. Seriously, ever since he came over from Spain, he's been marked.

Carts
This ref is proving alot of us wrong...

That was a foul by Garcia - but the guy made a case out of it, so he just waved him up...

BeerBaron95
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I have never turned off a tfc game before, but I am debating doing that tonight. Not because of how we are playing, but because I am getting a little worried how we are going to avoid injuries on this shit pitch. With 1 sub needing to last for 55+ we are screwed

BYE then

king dave
09-21-2010, 09:42 PM
No feed, No nothing.
KD.

TFCRegina
By George your right, someone brought a fucking train horn into the stadium.....amazing.

Yep and if you jump up and down it sounds like a train coming down the tracks.

Carts
Refs hate DeGuzman. Seriously, ever since he came over from Spain, he's been marked.

A ref in mexico (or neighboring countries) probably doesn't care who Julian de Guzman is...

In fact, nobody on our team would be on their radar at all...

We like to think it, but Toronto is not the centre of the universe...

BeerBaron95

My buddy has one installed in his Suburban, its actually quite funny hearing him come down the lakeshore when he blares it

jloome
Loving Cann tonight. barking directions all over the place.

David_Oliveira

I was hoping to see a dbl super sub at maybe the 60 min mark. Santos and Barrett come in for the sorry excuse of Forwards we have now.

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 09:43 PM
This ref is proving alot of us wrong...

That was a foul by Garcia - but the guy made a case out of it, so he just waved him up...

Mexico is a lot safer than Panama ;)

Even at US games in Mexico the violence is non-existent.

BeerBaron95
No feed, No nothing.
KD.

Hang on Dave.. lemme try again

Carts
How about that guy with no flag - SO HE WAS WAVING HIS KID IN THE AIR!!

LOL!!!

TFCRegina
Peterson proving once again he's unfit for this level of play.

David_Oliveira
No feed, No nothing.
KD.

jloome
09-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Adrian Peterson looks like every half-decent guy I played against in high school.

SirBobSaget
Ibrahim is looking dangerous out there. So fast and strong

David_Oliveira
there's our fans

jloome
Guys are working hard. THat's good, at least. Tough to play against guys this technically good when they're patient like this.

BeerBaron95

smae one but keep refrshing

jloome
09-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Ibrahim is looking dangerous out there. So fast and strong

:D

Though dude, he's only 19 right? He's got good foot skills and has time to develop still.

ag futbol
09-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Did they just move a train next to my house, or is this the most obnoxious crowd noise i've ever heard?

BeerBaron95
09-21-2010, 09:46 PM
How about that guy with no flag - SO HE WAS WAVING HIS KID IN THE AIR!!

LOL!!!

That's OOOUUULTRAAA in my books

Carts
Cann's best half with TFC so far...

Love the confidence starting with the armband has given him!

TFCRegina
Come on lads...finish out the half. Defending gets a lot easier when the Home fans are not right behind you.

jloome
See? His inertia got us a free kick!

David_Oliveira
09-21-2010, 09:47 PM
A shot from there??? why dero why???

TFC_Central
yep ok, the stadium horn has just been porven to be a tool to confuse the goalie of our team, during that rush i heard a train horn from the yard, the ball went out before a response horn could sound! So this is a club sponsored distraction, nice.

Boondaddy
Can't believe that I have to watch Champions League action on the Internet...poor form.

SirBobSaget
09-21-2010, 09:48 PM
:D

Though dude, he's only 19 right? He's got good foot skills and has time to develop still.

He really should be developing in a lower league, hasn't improved much last 2 seasons playing scarcely.

jloome
Yeah, OB and Ibby sure are kindling and fire out there eh? ;?

EDIT: Yeah they brought him into a league with no reserves and haven't even loaned him out. Not sure what the point was.

Carts
A shot from there??? why dero why???

Because he has a 5% chance of scoring...

With our lineup on the pitch - dropping a set piece in the box has a 0% chance of scoring...

David_Oliveira
09-21-2010, 09:49 PM
LMAO COMMENTATOR: Bring back Vuvuzelas I say.
LMAO

TFC_Central
No feed, No nothing.
KD.

dude, just use the adthe feed?

Carts
Can't believe that I have to watch Champions League action on the Internet...poor form.

Your cable out...?

David_Oliveira
Because he has a 5% chance of scoring...

With our lineup on the pitch - dropping a set piece in the box has a 0% chance of scoring...

good point never saw it that way

razor787
I was hoping to see a dbl super sub at maybe the 60 min mark. Santos and Barrett come in for the sorry excuse of Forwards we have now.

Agreed. This is definately a big problem at the moment. Now the question is which supersub do we use, since we can only use 1.

jloome
09-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Shit, Peterson has to close his man down tighter than that.

David_Oliveira
09-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Agreed. This is definately a big problem at the moment. Now the question is which supersub do we use, since we can only use 1.

Santos most definitely. Looks the most healthy and dangerous

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 09:51 PM
The biggest problem I see with our squad is we watch the ball, they go to where the ball will be.

Carts
09-21-2010, 09:51 PM
3-minutes...? wft?

Carts
09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Conway needs to lose the porno-stash!

TFC_Central
3-minutes...? wft?

maybe he dosent like cruz azul.

David_Oliveira
3-minutes...? wft?

understandable. 2 subs and then the other stoppages.

razor787
So this is a club sponsored distraction, nice.

Although I dont like the horns at all, a lot of teams do things to fuck over the other team. Hell, even we used to cover keepers and players with streamers, effecting their kicks.

Thats a dirty tactic too.

RealG-TFC
09-21-2010, 09:53 PM
my goodness Lindsay is crap tonight

TFCRegina
09-21-2010, 09:53 PM
The only reason I haven't muted this is because I feel for our club.

jloome
09-21-2010, 09:54 PM
And that's OUR first touch, in action.

ag futbol
I don't know who's actually going to need a sub, but i'd take off ibrahim .... just because.

TFC_Central
Although I dont like the horns at all, a lot of teams do things to fuck over the other team. Hell, even we used to cover keepers and players with streamers, effecting their kicks.

Thats a dirty tactic too.

true, off of corners, yet the players would tear them off before proceeding, and it was done by the fans. This is the Club see the difference ;)

Carts
understandable. 2 subs and then the other stoppages.

I know... Its just so often its the "1-min" then I'll add everything in the 2nd half...

I LIKE THIS REF... he's done a great job IMO...

David_Oliveira
Half-Time
see you in a few