PDA

View Full Version : Want to depresss yourself any further?

Darlofletch
09-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Had a drink or two tonight and started to put more thought into our management future. (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/09/oh-me-of-little-faith.html)

After the firings, and with the blame game in full swing, people are starting to turn to the question of who's next, and primarily who'll be TFC's next general manager. Many are suggesting that we need more than one person to properly do the job, the 24th minute's dream team (http://www.24thminute.com/2010/09/dream-team-tfc-style.html) for example would include 4 people, including Jason de Vos which would make this Darlington fan positively giddy. At the top of that sort of structure, most people see an experienced and successful football man, an Eminence Grise who charts the basic course and vision for the club, but who would be less involved in the day to day running of the club though always available as a sounding board for his staff.

Sounds like a great plan to me, and luckily TFC already has that man in place, with a clear idea of what he wants the club to be. Unluckily, his name is Tom Anselmi.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Anselmi should have nothing to do with TFC; he knows nothing about the sport whatsoever. When introducing Mo Johnston as TFC's first head coach, I remember Anselmi referring to Johnston as a former player for "the Rangers."

TorCanSoc
09-18-2010, 12:41 AM
I respect Devos as a Canadian footballing entity. I read Devos' comments. This time around he's calling for a team approach to management, citing vancouver's management by group as the way to go. He's calling these things "checks an balances" and "accountability" that Mo Johnston never had.

Another mediocre season next year when have a team of people leading the show, we'll be calling it bureaucracy, and complaining about no clear leadership.

Come one. We're a sinking ship. We can't seem to put a finger on the reason. Most are pointing to Mo, and MLSE has addressed that. What's worst though, is the current interim management team are just "learning and earning" on the job. No one wants that for 2011.

Alixir
09-18-2010, 06:39 AM
If DeVos gets any kind of management duty for this team I will stop supporting :p

flatpicker
09-18-2010, 07:41 AM
I remember Anselmi referring to Johnston as a former player for "the Rangers."

Surely you must have better examples of Anselmi's poor soccer knowledge than that!
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you... just saying that it seems pretty insignificant to say "the Rangers".

v00d00daddy
09-18-2010, 08:29 AM
I can only go on what devos says during his calls on the game and he's said a few things that make me believe that he's not the guy I want to see. He's still the classic old school mentality.

With Devos at the helm the roster will be full of hoof it down the field types.

you can tell what he values just by listening to him call games.

No thanks

TFC Cityboy
09-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Surely you must have better examples of Anselmi's poor soccer knowledge than that!
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you... just saying that it seems pretty insignificant to say "the Rangers".
he referred to his team as "FC" as the press conference the other day....

FOGES
09-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Anselmi should have nothing to do with TFC; he knows nothing about the sport whatsoever. When introducing Mo Johnston as TFC's first head coach, I remember Anselmi referring to Johnston as a former player for "the Rangers."

almost as bad as vic router earlier this week referring to Rangers as just "Glasgow." :facepalm:

so i guess Arsenal would simply be called "London"!?!?

flatpicker
09-18-2010, 09:29 AM

Yeah, I caught that too.
I think that is a bigger screw up that saying "the Rangers".
He should at least be able to refer to his own team by their proper name (TFC, or Toronto).

ag futbol
09-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Agreed, if TFC is all gun ho in "investing in management" go get a real football director to oversee the technical director, gm, and youth academy.

We suffered through four years of Mo because he was good at talking out of his ass and Anselmi is a clueless twit. We need a higher level of accountability.

Darlofletch
09-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Agreed, if TFC is all gun ho in "investing in management" go get a real football director to oversee the technical director, gm, and youth academy.

We suffered through four years of Mo because he was good at talking out of his ass and Anselmi is a clueless twit. We need a higher level of accountability.

Yep, that's what I'd like to see. but apparently they see investing in management to mean picking people they like, throwing them in at the bottom and letting them learn the trade. And then if a dispute happens, backing these people rather than the guy they're learning from.

Is the new guy going to be forced to take all these people under his wing? given how dasovic reportedly repays that sort of thing, who's going to agree to that?

Roogsy
09-18-2010, 12:58 PM

Yes he did...and I almost had an aneurism.

I know there are people who think Anselmi is a great guy, and he may be in person, but as for heading up this team, he is completely ignorant.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 01:14 PM

It was the first time I had heard Anselmi speak in a TFC press conference, and all it confirmed was that he is a soccer noob. Since Mo's hiring, I haven't read or heard anything to confirm that Anselmi knows anything about the sport.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 01:18 PM

Agreed wholeheartedly. I like to look at Vancouver as the model for building a soccer team. Lenarduzzi can be a douche at times, but who knows more about running a soccer team, him or Anselmi?

Blowing Bubbles
09-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Anselmi right now is occupying the seat of what should be a football "greybeard". A guy who has been around the game for decades, but also has a business sense and an appropriate univ degree. A president/director who has a biz background but also is a legit authority figure in the sport instantly buys credibility .......... Anselmi buys shit.