PDA

View Full Version : I am dropping 2 seasons tickets

Roogsy
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on Toronto FC through tickets, gear and away games since the team's inaugural season. At some point, threats become empty and the team stops listening. I refuse to be taken as a sucker and I have always believed in acting myself instead of asking others to act for me. For the remainder of the year I will not be spending a single dime in TFC gear or concessions at BMO Field. And when renewals come up, I will be dropping my 2 more expensive tickets in section 125 and only keeping my south stand seats.

That being said, if someone in RPB wants to pick them up seasons ticket cost (not face value but at the seasons ticket holder discount) I will be making that option available until renewals are due.

This was a difficult decision but TFC themselves have drive me to this decision. I have been perfectly willing to sacrifice other things for this team only to be rewarded with a clusterfuck of a team. It's time to scale back, sit back and see what this team does before I continue to make huge commitments to a team that doesn't reciprocate the dedication.

And for the good of the supporter culture in Toronto, I hope I am not the only one.

TorCanSoc
09-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Uh... I'm doing the same thing. I have a single cheap seat, and three in the more expensive section. I'm dropping those three. When I need to take the kids to a game, which I love doing. I'll grab them off some other sucker that has three tickets they can't get rid of.

My decision was easy this year.

edit:Great post, interesting to count how many of us are doing the same thing.

Roogsy
09-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Uh... I'm doing the same thing. I have a single cheap seat, and three in the more expensive section. I'm dropping those three. When I need to take the kids to a game, which I love doing. I'll grab them off some other sucker that has three tickets they can't get rid of.

My decision was easy this year.

edit:Great post, interesting to count how many of us are doing the same thing.

This year that sucker was me. I was giving away free tickets like I was the salvation army. It really stung.

If they really are expanding the stadium, well...I just don't need seasons anywhere else in the stadium.

TorCanSoc
09-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Roogsy. I gave away probably about 10 games of 3 dark greys. We're the same guy. So what's that? $150/game, plus the cost of my single. I won't eat those next year. The only people that will be disappointed are the friends and family I was taking to the games for free.

MLSE knows they'll get rid of them, the only hard ticket to get will be the cheap ones. There are going to be a sh*t load of dark greys available next year.

Kevvv
09-17-2010, 11:35 PM
With the 2,000 extra seats i nthe north, and the state of the team, not to mention the full load of soccer this year with the world cup, getting a ticket was easy this year. I can see many more people dropping all their extra seats. I'll even go so far as to say scalpers will drop some seats as well - if MLSE can't sell out the stadium, there's no resale market (except for a handful of games and price points).

stugautz
09-17-2010, 11:47 PM
I most likely won't be purchasing season tickets. I have been on the waiting list this year. Unless I'm offered sound end, I see no value in buying season seats.

reggie
09-18-2010, 12:10 AM
im dropping my 2 tickets in secton 125,i hate that secton anyway,people never stay in there seats,diff people every game,players family members and players bimbo girlfriends that dont even watch the game,ive got santos girlfriend sitting below me every game she shows up at half time and has no clue what is going on..
i to will not spend another penny this season and i will not wear the colors the rest of the season.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 12:15 AM
I most likely won't be purchasing season tickets. I have been on the waiting list this year. Unless I'm offered sound end, I see no value in buying season seats.

Same deal with me. I was actually offered medium grey seasons, but I opted for partials in a light grey section. What's the point unless I can get a serious price break? This team stinks, demand is low, and supply has never been higher.

Not to change the subject, but MLSE actually called me earlier today and offered me Toronto Maple Leafs partial packs - I'm on the waiting list for that team as well. I declined purchasing a pack, and when the rep inquired as to why, I told him it was because the Leafs stink. Of course, even if the Leafs were good I doubt I would purchase a pack since I would have to buy Marlies tickets too.

TorCanSoc
09-18-2010, 12:30 AM
With all the years of knocking "the casuals" their voice is the one MLSE will listen to. We're suckers, we'll always come back, and MLSE knows that. But a stack full of empty expensive seats, and MLSE will respond.

I have a feeling, they are listening to us supporters, and the season tickets will not go up in price this year. That won't stop the prawn seats from being dropped by many RPBs. I just hope there are enough people in this "waiting list" to catch the ones we drop.

I'm not a fan of the casuals... but their asses in the seats contribute to a great game day experience. I think we're about to feel their absence next year.

werewolf
09-18-2010, 12:42 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

habstfc
09-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Holy shit, maybe I'll finally get seasons this year. I am actualy prepared to spend as much as dark greys, Just a question though, why was it so hard to GIVE AWAY tickets? I know as of late the team hasn't been playing so great, but up until maybe mid august they were still clearly in the playoff hunt. I actually don't blame you for giving up extra seats, with 4 years of empty promises from this franchise.

Nestease
09-18-2010, 05:36 AM
I have a feeling, they are listening to us supporters, and the season tickets will not go up in price this year.

Except they've already confirmed the price is going up again.

redcard
09-18-2010, 06:24 AM
Holy shit, maybe I'll finally get seasons this year. I am actualy prepared to spend as much as dark greys, Just a question though, why was it so hard to GIVE AWAY tickets? I know as of late the team hasn't been playing so great, but up until maybe mid august they were still clearly in the playoff hunt. I actually don't blame you for giving up extra seats, with 4 years of empty promises from this franchise.

giving tickets away is easy...everyone wants free tickets, but that hurts you as you paid for them and can't even get your STH cost back...you will only do that so often before you realize its hurting...

Pookie
09-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Holy shit, maybe I'll finally get seasons this year. I am actualy prepared to spend as much as dark greys, Just a question though, why was it so hard to GIVE AWAY tickets? .

I think a couple of factors:

- location of the stadium. Pro-TTCers will cringe but for anyone north of the City, driving is usually the best option. Annual Gardiner Construction, CNE and the Indy all cause regular headaches

- location of the seats. If you are willing to put up with the above you are likely a committed fan. I won't go now unless I can get South End or 111-110 tickets. I passed on seasons in the 200 level and got 2 partials in 110 and 111. Cost is a factor but moreso is my "experience." As an example, I was frustrated sitting in 109 while people "watched the show" in 127 or the South End.

It's not that everyone needs to be standing. But I would love to see the 110 set up replicated throughout the stadium. Make the top rows standing sections. I'd wager that would have a huge impact on atmosphere throughout.

TorCanSoc
09-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Except they've already confirmed the price is going up again.

Where have I been for that one? Is the increase already set? Links?

menefreghista
09-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Where have I been for that one? Is the increase already set? Links?

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=24583

Just to keep this thread on topic. I have 4 tickets on my account. 2 of them are for a friend. His seats are in 114. He might drop them or simply only get one ticket.

FOGES
09-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm going to try to downgrade on price...if i cant, i dont know what i'll do yet. so much money gone to waste since day 1. Plus, I drive from Cambridge. I know of 3 STH's from Cambridge that'll be dropping their pairs of tix after this season. they say there's a 15000 waiting list, but how many of those 15k would want to dish out after this season and TFC's league history. me thinks less than 100% to say the least

STOP FEEDING THE FIRE...BOYCOTT CONCESSIONS!!!!

J .
09-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Hopefully MSLE will open more sections to the supporters section. I still think the South End should be a general admissions type set up with bleachers as opposed to seats that nobody ever uses.

Batman
09-18-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm mildly considering dropping out. Since my seatmate moved to Bracebridge and I to Cambridge, there's not been many a time when I really felt like putting up with the drive etc. to see the incredible product this team is putting on the field.

The only reason I probably will keep them is that fortunately, being the cheapest seats in the park and being in a great supporters location, I've never had a problem moving them, when I couldn't go.

But, man, MLSE really is a piece of work, getting rich serving shit to suckers for over 40 years! My god, how they must laugh at us idiots.

ensco
09-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I said it somewhere else a couple of days ago, but that's never stopped me before....

The "we're increasing the number of STs we're going to sell to 18,000" tweet from PB, that was pretty laughable. What they're actually saying is that they're expecting a lot of non-renewals, and need something to say to people on the waiting list, when the rep calls with the big news that "seats are now available!".

ensco
09-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Just a question though, why was it so hard to GIVE AWAY tickets?

I've had the same experience. In addition to everything that's been mentioned, I find that most people I know consider TFC games more of a novelty than something that means something to them, and once they've been a couple of times, they don't have a compelling reason to go again (ie an exciting team or recognizable players).

I also find the Saturday afternoon games extremely heavy. People always have activities they're doing with their kids/families, or they're away. Games in June, July, August and September need to be on weeknights, imho.

Pookie
09-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Hopefully MSLE will open more sections to the supporters section. I still think the South End should be a general admissions type set up with bleachers as opposed to seats that nobody ever uses.

^ sad thing is that lately, people have been using them in the South End. One member was even asked to sit down so someone could see.

... I've got 2 partial packs to my name as I didn't want to pay for dark greys. Vantage point is fine but the main reason is that I'd have a hard time moving those seats on days when my kids' soccer presents a conflict. The price point is too high for the average fan.

That and the experience of being told to be quiet isn't really the way I'd like to enjoy the game.

If I can't get light greys when they come to my name, I'm likely to go with just 1 partial pack... depending on location. If that location isn't light grey then I'll reach out to ticket trader here for games that I want to get to.

nascarguy
09-18-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm thinking about dropping my seat in 111 if they put the price or I can not move to the southend. I'm planing on getting season ticket for CSL team milltown, hamilton or TFCA.

Carts
09-18-2010, 10:38 AM
At the rate they're going, the demand for season tickets will continue to decline...

If they expand the stadium, there will be no reason at all to purchase season tickets - unless you want the south end...

If they add all these other matches to the package - it'll be easier for me not to renew...

Its like the Argos & my (former) season tickets with them. My rep called me 4-years ago to renew and I said "...nah, I'm not renewing this year, there's no point..." they went on the big sale pitch, discout price, same seats etc etc etc.

My answer to them "...why do I need to buy season tickets, when there are 35,000 empty seats if I want to go to a game..."

He went on about the same seats, and my answer...

"...I can't make it to every game, so why pay for 8-games when I can attend and pay for 6...?"

This is something MLSE better think about... I personally can't make all these weeknight fixtures, all the NCC and CCL matches... Add them to the package, and it'll be opt-out for alot of people...

Why pay for games you can't attend, especially when there's empty seats available to purchase...?

I said in a previous thread, people always say MLSE know business and knows how to make money - but these decisions (adding games to SSH packs, expanding a stadium when demand is low, another price increase however small) are POOR BUSINESS DECISIONS and will comeback to hurt the club...

Carts...

ensco
09-18-2010, 10:41 AM
The need for senior executives to have new things to talk about every year, and generally do things to justify their existence every year, are a huge part of the problem here.

This is why corporate ownership is a horrible thing.

ag futbol
09-18-2010, 10:51 AM
I said in a previous thread, people always say MLSE know business and knows how to make money - but these decisions (adding games to SSH packs, expanding a stadium when demand is low, another price increase however small) are POOR BUSINESS DECISIONS and will comeback to hurt the club...

Carts...
I agree, and a little while down the road they might even regret expanding the north stand.

This seems to be getting pretty far away from why we wanted to play in a small SSS to begin with.

rocker
09-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm thinking of upgrading my tickets. I want to get over into 124 or 123.

ManUtd4ever
09-18-2010, 11:12 AM
The need for senior executives to have new things to talk about every year, and generally do things to justify their existence every year, are a huge part of the problem here.

This is why corporate ownership is a horrible thing.

Corporate ownership has been a horrible thing for all sports franchises in this town but it doesn't have to be moving forward. According to Tom Anselmi, the next GM of the organization will have total autonomy as well the necessary financial resources available to build an infrastructure condusive to success. In fairness to MLSE, Mo Johnston was afforded every opportunity to build a winning club but he failed to execute a long term plan during his tenure. MLSE is one of the few ownership groups in MLS that are operating with a substantial budget. Corporate ownership can actually be an advantage to the organization provided MLSE can hire someone with the necessary qualifications and football acumen to guide TFC to sustainable success on the pitch...

Carts
09-18-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm thinking of upgrading my tickets. I want to get over into 124 or 123.

I think you'll be in good shape...

124 shouldn't be too hard...

123 might be tough...

Last year at relocation 124 had a bunch of seats, but 123 had no available seats in it during my appointment...

You can also try 122... Its the same as 124, just on the other side of half. It also had some avails during my appointment last year - but not as many as 124...

Carts...

rocker
09-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I think you'll be in good shape...

124 shouldn't be too hard...

123 might be tough...

Last year at relocation 124 had a bunch of seats, but 123 had no available seats in it during my appointment...

You can also try 122... Its the same as 124, just on the other side of half. It also had some avails during my appointment last year - but not as many as 124...

Carts...

that sounds good.
this should be the best year for relocation ;)

I'm not really concerned with cost.. my big issue is view, and that view is getting killed by the aisle. I am the north side of the aisle in a section on the northwest side, so I tend to be looking southward most of the game. I miss about 10 minutes of every game due to people walking by or not knowing where they should be (probably people going to Roogsy's giveaway seats ;)

There's a little service entrance at field level in 124, which cuts the first 10 rows in half. I'm eyeing getting seats at the absolute end, where the railing is. That way nobody is walking to my right, and I'm the last guy so nobody is passing me to get to their seats!

Carts
09-18-2010, 11:32 AM
that sounds good.
this should be the best year for relocation ;)

I'm not really concerned with cost.. my big issue is view, and that view is getting killed by the aisle. I am the north side of the aisle in a section on the northwest side, so I tend to be looking southward most of the game. I miss about 10 minutes of every game due to people walking by or not knowing where they should be (probably people going to Roogsy's giveaway seats ;)

There's a little service entrance at field level in 124, which cuts the first 10 rows in half. I'm eyeing getting seats at the absolute end, where the railing is. That way nobody is walking to my right, and I'm the last guy so nobody is passing me to get to their seats!

I'm lucky with my seats in lower 109...

We're in row 9 - so the row is cut in half by the same kind of entrance, since we're in seats 21-22, there's only a couple of people that need to walk past if they leave during the match. And our view is straight to the pitch, without any aisle view - because people are constantly walking up & down...

If I could move 4-seats over, I'd be on the end by the entrance (like you're looking for) and would never have to get up for anyone...

Carts...

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not a fan of the casuals... but their asses in the seats contribute to a great game day experience. I think we're about to feel their absence next year.

Really, because I think the opposite about casuals. The best atmosphere this season has been at Champions League games, despite paid attendance levels being far below those of MLS league games. I could care less if the midfield sections are empty, so long as the south end is filled with passionate supporters.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
It's not that everyone needs to be standing. But I would love to see the 110 set up replicated throughout the stadium. Make the top rows standing sections. I'd wager that would have a huge impact on atmosphere throughout.

I'd wager that you would be correct. It's such a simple idea as well, but alas management will probably never implement it.

jazzy
09-18-2010, 01:50 PM
great ideas......if only someone at MLSEL would read these.

SoccMan
09-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that once renewal time comes up you will have many people dropping out. I will be very suprised if that 16,000 season ticket mark is reached, I'm guessing that after all is said and done your going to get about 8,000 people renewing.

habstfc
09-18-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that once renewal time comes up you will have many people dropping out. I will be very suprised if that 16,000 season ticket mark is reached, I'm guessing that after all is said and done your going to get about 8,000 people renewing.

I don't think it will be that bad, that's only a 50% renewal rate. There are people on the waiting list that I think will step up, despite what some people think. You also have to remember that the overwhelming majority of STH are not on these forums or aren't red patch boys. Just because some of your friends aren't renewing doesnt mean everyone isn't renewing. This is a small percentage of the overall number of STH.

tfc007
09-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Wont be renewing,had enough!

London
09-18-2010, 05:13 PM
im selling off 2 of my 4

if the 200 dollar price increase is true, then my tickets have gone up almost 150% in 5 years

TorCanSoc
09-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Really, because I think the opposite about casuals. The best atmosphere this season has been at Champions League games, despite paid attendance levels being far below those of MLS league games. I could care less if the midfield sections are empty, so long as the south end is filled with passionate supporters.

True that. But something about a packed stadium that just seems good for the team.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 06:35 PM
True that. But something about a packed stadium that just seems good for the team.

A sell-out crowd adds an element of professionalism to a team. I remember TFC's first ever home game like it was yesterday. Earlier in the week we played in front of 7,000 fans in a sparsely-filled Arrowhead stadium in KC. When we hosted KC a few days later we played in a packed stadium that was full of new and excited fans. Comparing the KC crowd to our own, it was hard to believe that we were in the same league, save for the football on the pitch.

Heart of Stone
09-18-2010, 06:43 PM
A sell-out crowd adds an element of professionalism to a team. I remember TFC's first ever home game like it was yesterday. Earlier in the week we played in front of 7,000 fans in a sparsely-filled Arrowhead stadium in KC. When we hosted KC a few days later we played in a packed stadium that was full of new and excited fans. Comparing the KC crowd to our own, it was hard to believe that we were in the same league, save for the football on the pitch.

This year KC has "packed" Community America Ballpark(cap. 11 000) several times... by next May they will be in a soccer specific stadium with a capacity of 18 500.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 06:49 PM
This year KC has "packed" Community America Ballpark(cap. 11 000) several times... by next May they will be in a soccer specific stadium with a capacity of 18 500.

Let's hope they continue to pack their new home. A ballpark never looks professional for a soccer game, packed or not.

MFG1
09-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I am 99.99% done and not going to renew my two tickets at the top of 110 right in the middle. If anyone can tell me if they still will allow original seat holders to "transfer the tickets to someone else that wants them I would gladly offer the rights to someone for a small price, Skip the waiting list, a hundred bucks or two would do it. I would want it to be legit and an honest transaction. PM to cuss me out if I am out of line asking for a couple of hundred bucks for the rights, or if you are interested.

London
09-18-2010, 07:30 PM
^^^ cant do it anymore

redcard
09-18-2010, 08:12 PM
just to toss this out, but what if the FO hires a high profile manager, just before the renewal deadline, would the desire to not renew still be high?

MFG1
09-18-2010, 08:27 PM
my desire is dead, you cant put perfume on a pig, if you are in the entertainment business, then provide the service for the fee. 4 years of shit is all the amount I am capable of eating. I am so full.

Toronto_Bhoy
09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm selling 2 of 4.

TFCRegina
09-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I am 99.99% done and not going to renew my two tickets at the top of 110 right in the middle. If anyone can tell me if they still will allow original seat holders to "transfer the tickets to someone else that wants them I would gladly offer the rights to someone for a small price, Skip the waiting list, a hundred bucks or two would do it. I would want it to be legit and an honest transaction. PM to cuss me out if I am out of line asking for a couple of hundred bucks for the rights, or if you are interested.

Post it in the 75MB thread...the guys there like to hang out at the top of 110.

Suds
09-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Most likely dropping mt extra tickets Dark Grey seats. I can find cheaper seats to every game now to bring friends and family to the game. There's not point in forking out that extra money.

Voodooman
09-19-2010, 02:52 PM
No offense, ive been on the waiting list, every year since the first year...i find this list to be a mystery, because i still cant seem to get good seats. So i am open to getting seats, message me. I am looking at 110, preferably closer to 109, I just know more people there.

London
09-20-2010, 04:14 PM
rumour is that some peoples invoices are in there acount manager as of today

how much did they go up???

Suds
09-20-2010, 04:23 PM
rumour is that some peoples invoices are in there acount manager as of today

how much did they go up???

Mine is in there. Anyone recall what the cost/seat was in Dark Grey?

From memory it seems like it's up ~$200/seat over last year for the season.

That being said, there is no breakdown on what the total amount is for (i.e. # of games, MLS Cup, etc.)

Nomad
09-20-2010, 04:24 PM
$491.00 for section 127. Up from $361.

Canada72
09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Last year's prices off the TFC web site

Club Red DGRey MGrey LGrey Yellow
RENEWAL PRICE $1634 $1273 $931 $627 $361 $323
New Season Price$1672 $1311 $969 $665 $399 $361

2010 SEASON TICKET PACKAGES

Here's what you get:

15 MLS Regular Season Games
1 Carlsberg Cup Match
2 Canadian Championship Matches vs. Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Holy crap. TFC FO are out of their minds

$433 each for south end season tickets.

reggie
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
i think they are adding 2 more games to the reg mls season?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
i think they are adding 2 more games to the reg mls season?

i think the MLS CUP is included also...

reggie
09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Holy crap. TFC FO are out of their minds

$433 each for south end season tickets.
thats not that bad if they are adding 2 more game plus the mls final.

rocker
09-20-2010, 05:11 PM
That being said, there is no breakdown on what the total amount is for (i.e. # of games, MLS Cup, etc.)

yeah, let's see what the breakdown is. I spent 1862 on two dark greys last year, plus $306 for two champion's league group seats, plus about $100 for the Motagua play-in game. That's 2268. My ticketmaster invoice for 2011 says $2296.

If all those games are included, then I'm paying about the same as last year.

Suds
09-20-2010, 05:13 PM
OK, someone at Ticketmaster obviously screwed up because I just logged back into my account and the invoice page that was posted has now been removed.

Anyway, I was right on my thinking that my overall season cost/seat has gone up over $200 from last year to $1,160 from $931 for Dark Grey. (This is assuming what was posted in the account temporarily was correct information)

However, as I noted above,it did not break down what games or how many games was included in that price.

EDIT: I found another invoice post when I went to "Pay Open Invoices". $1,160 still showing as the Dark Grey renewal price. Based on what was temporarily posted, October 15th will be the renewal deadline.

Parkdale
09-20-2010, 06:52 PM

jeeze man... that's a big hike. I guess it's comparable to 111.

I have two seats in the reds, and I sold them off entirely last season.
I had my seats in 112, and figured someone else would like them.
He may choose to buy them again this season, as they are damn nice seats.

If he's not interested, I'll ask around and see if there's anyone else who might be.

I 100% understand what Roogsy is saying in the original post.
I was okay wasting my money on sub-par football in the first season,
but in the 5th year.... no thanks.

Also..... notice their branding is 'SEASON V' ?
I would be MUCH happier if it was called 'Season /\'

(that bad joke is for you roogs.... and your bean counter friends)

London
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM
they realy whored out the supporters inthe vid too

Parkdale
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
did watch it yet, but what else are they going to show? people in the private boxes eating pizza pizza slices?

Red CB Toronto
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
You have to remember it is actually 3 more games, since they are charging you for the three Canadian Championship games, Vancouver, Montreal and Edmonton plus the preliminary CCL game, which I guess if for some reason don't make it, they will refund it/credit it back.

I figure the renewing rate for this year, say in light grey will be the new season ticket holders rate in 2010, $399 + $1.00 for a total of $400.00. So if it is correct as mentioned above, that the price on the invoice is $491, they are charging you around $90 for the MLS Cup.

Suds
09-20-2010, 07:07 PM
You have to remember it is actually 3 more games, since they are charging you for the three Canadian Championship games, Vancouver, Montreal and Edmonton plus the preliminary CCL game, which I guess if for some reason don't make it, they will refund it/credit it back.

I figure the renewing rate for this year, say in light grey will be the new season ticket holders rate in 2010, $399 + $1.00 for a total of $400.00. So if it is correct as mentioned above, that the price on the invoice is $491, they are charging you around $90 for the MLS Cup.

Updated ... misread the package details.

The renewal site says 20 games + 2 CONCACAF (if we qualify) (17 MLS, 1 MLS Cup, 2 Canadian Champ + 2 CONCACAF if we qualify). Last year we received 18 games (15 MLS, 1 Carlsberg, 2 Canadian Champ).

So we we could get 4 extra games if we qualify for CONCACAF. Says if we do not qualify for CONCACAF a pro-rated refund will be applied to the 2011 renewal.

Parkdale
09-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Also..... notice their branding is 'SEASON V' ?
I would be MUCH happier if it was called 'Season /\'

(that bad joke is for you roogs.... and your bean counter friends)

http://sharing.myfoxboston.com/sharewono//photo/2009/03/03/dpg_stock_national_business_20090206142938699_640_ 480_20090213153306487_640_480_20090303070357245_64 0_480.JPG

^ like that

Workie
09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
they realy whored out the supporters inthe vid too

Where is the promo vid?

London
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/index2.html

redcard
09-20-2010, 08:14 PM
looks like they have made the payment plan a little better...25% over 4 periods...they could do better...and only 2 NCC matches so Edmonton is not in the competition in 2011.

Joe Kool
09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I still don't get why Light Blue are so expensive for end zone seats. Guess it is the cupholders...can't think of anything else.

Dave67
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow $1,560 for my pair in lower 110. This is becoming a tough call. I don't know how people in the more expensive seats can justify what they are paying.

Suds
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
looks like they have made the payment plan a little better...25% over 4 periods...they could do better...and only 2 NCC matches so Edmonton is not in the competition in 2011.

It's undecided how the NNC will pan out at this point. If there are 3 NCC home games we will get those three plus one CONCACAF groups stage if we qualify.

If there are only 2 NCC game we will get 2 CONCACAF if we qualify.

If we do not qualify for CONCACAF the pro-rated amount will be credited to the renewals in 2011. (be it one game or two)

nfitz
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Wow ...

Last year we had 17 games plus the Carlsberg Cup. They seem to count the Carlsberg cup as twice the value of a regular game. If you divide last year's season price in Yellow by 19 you get exactly $17. In grey if you divide last year's price by 19 you get exactly $19.

This year is more complicated. They have priced the MLS Cup at 2010 prices - same as Carslberg Cup.

From the yellow price of 433, if you subtract $34 (2×$17) and divide by the 21 games you get exactly $19. In light grey you get exactly $21.

So ignoring the change in number of games, the MLS Cup, etc, the cost increase is exactly $2 per game. It's $1 in medium-grey, dark-grey, and Red. That's a 11.8% increase in yellow, 10.5% increase in light-grey, 3.0% increase in medium-grey, 2.0% increase in dark grey, and 1.5% increase in red.

Meanwhile single ticket prices in yellow through red have only gone up $1 across the board.

The biggest surprise is light-blue pricing which is now more than medium-grey, about half-way between medium-grey and dark-grey.

The supporters being in light grey and yellow are taking much larger price increases than everyone else.

Wow. Someone's out to maximize profit. Where do I buy shares?

MFG1
09-20-2010, 08:59 PM
well the league is all about parity^ hahaha eventually the yellows will cost more than the reds :)

Mikey
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
I think the light blue is up as they intend to try and keep people intent on ditching higher price seasons by offering the light blue as an alternative. This would also give them the advantage of still having the expensive seats that dont sell as SSH, as day sales instead of low price light blues.

habstfc
09-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I still don't get why Light Blue are so expensive for end zone seats. Guess it is the cupholders...can't think of anything else.

In my opinion they are easily better seats. Up higher, can see the field better, kinda remind me of the red seats behind the net at maple leaf gardens.

habstfc
09-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Does anyone have a complete breakdown of all price levels for 2011, from yellow to club seats?

nfitz
09-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Does anyone have a complete breakdown of all price levels for 2011, from yellow to club seats?It's at
http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0Final.pdf

King Tut
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tcmIm.png

Stencils
09-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I was going to maybe see about trying to turn my single into a pair, but I'm going to ditch that idea right now. I'm seriously considering dropping the season ticket altogether, to be honest.

nfitz
09-20-2010, 11:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tcmIm.pngYour numbers don't quite work. They are doing the MLS Cup at 2010 pricing not 2011. And they count the MLS Cup and Carlsberg Cup at double a regular game.

For 2010 divide by 19, not 18 (because MLS cup is double). Then all the cost per game becomes integers at every price level. $17 in yellow, $19 in light-grey, etc.

For 2010 first subtract the cost of the MLS game (2×$17=34 in yellow, 2×$19 in light-grey). Then divide by 21 games. And again the price per game in an integer at all price levels. $19 in yellow, $21 in light grey, etc.

When you do that you'll see that the increase is even steeper!

Kevvv
09-20-2010, 11:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tcmIm.png

Good job. A lot of people seem to be missing the fact that the per game increase isn't that steep in actual dollars, because they're making us buy more games up front (instead of hoping people pick up the CONCACAF games - which, obviously, many SSHs did not do).

I would say that the comparison should be calculated on 23 games versus 19, since the Bolton friendly and the MLS Cup count as two games, or at least they are priced that way. In the final calculation it has the effect of bumping up the percents by 1 (so the reds are a 1.4% increase, the light greys 9.6%, yellow 10.8%).

CretanBull
09-20-2010, 11:22 PM

Maybe your season ticket package will come with $100 worth of the crack that the FO is smoking?

habstfc
09-20-2010, 11:26 PM
It's at
http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0Final.pdf

Thanks. Just a question, light blue and dark blue weren't available as season seats last year so how could there be a price increase. Light blue major increase, what's up with that?

JonO
09-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Your numbers don't quite work. They are doing the MLS Cup at 2010 pricing not 2011. And they count the MLS Cup and Carlsberg Cup at double a regular game.

For 2010 divide by 19, not 18 (because MLS cup is double). Then all the cost per game becomes integers at every price level. $17 in yellow, $19 in light-grey, etc.

For 2010 first subtract the cost of the MLS game (2×$17=34 in yellow, 2×$19 in light-grey). Then divide by 21 games. And again the price per game in an integer at all price levels. $19 in yellow, $21 in light grey, etc.

When you do that you'll see that the increase is even steeper!
I'd go even further to say that the MLS final game should be averaged in to next seasons costs (without counting as a game). Why? because it is money i would not have spent, but have to in order to renew my tickets.

CretanBull
09-20-2010, 11:46 PM
I'd go even further to say that the MLS final game should be averaged in to next seasons costs (without counting as a game). Why? because it is money i would not have spent, but have to in order to renew my tickets.

Exactly...price per game isn't that relivant - money out of my pocket is. We're being forced to by tickets that used to be optional and they're making us buy the MLS Cup game that I doubt many of us have any interest in.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm not buying full seasons, no matter what I'm offered. I'm even debating whether or not to maintain the partials - what's the point if I can pick and choose from the schedule because games don't sell out?

By the way, am I the only one who thinks the additional two MLS home games should be added on to season ticket packages at a discount? Apart from the cost of running the stadium, the two extra games represent a minimal expense to MLSE - the players won't get any more money for playing those games.

AL-MO
09-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Okay after seeing a few comments on my facebook about pricing increases, I'm just seeing the actual pricing chart now.

I started feeling a little sad. Most people were considering not renewing. Now I'm just mad.

They market the shit out of us, but continue to jack up ticket prices and try to squeeze blood from a stone.

AL-MO
09-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I really thought there was an opportunity to build something REALLY special here with TFC. But that takes vision, something that MLSE will NEVER have.

nfitz
09-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Thanks. Just a question, light blue and dark blue weren't available as season seats last year so how could there be a price increase. Light blue major increase, what's up with that?Last season singles in light blue were sold at medium grey pricing, and dark blue at dark grey pricing. Now they are both more expensive as singles.

I think we all assumed that the north end would stay medium-grey for seasons. The view is better than from the south end ... but I'm not sure it's that much better to justify the price being 233% higher!

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Good job. A lot of people seem to be missing the fact that the per game increase isn't that steep in actual dollars, because they're making us buy more games up front (instead of hoping people pick up the CONCACAF games - which, obviously, many SSHs did not do).

I would say that the comparison should be calculated on 23 games versus 19, since the Bolton friendly and the MLS Cup count as two games, or at least they are priced that way. In the final calculation it has the effect of bumping up the percents by 1 (so the reds are a 1.4% increase, the light greys 9.6%, yellow 10.8%).

For a team that is still spinning its wheels in its 4th season, an 11.7% increase for an MLS game is a kick in the teeth from MLSE. Its not like that covers inflation. Its not like this team is even winning.

I totally understand that more games were added. But maybe as a sign of good will to the fans the pigs at MLSE would freeze the per game price considering how shitty they have been running the on field product.

By the way, I love how Paul Beirne serves us disinformation. He tweets tickets are going up $1 per game in the south end but in reality its $2 per game. He is so full of shit.

One more point, today I'm contacting my rep about opting out of the MLS Cup. If they say I can't I am seriously considering dropping my south end tickets.

Mikey
09-21-2010, 06:51 AM
CSL is starting to look like it could be a good alternative to getting screwed by ML$E. Plenty of "away games" most of which are easy to get to......

London
09-21-2010, 06:53 AM
http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=2556

Technorgasm
09-21-2010, 07:54 AM
I will be Looking to buy T-Bird a set of season tickets.
you keep the rights, I buy the tickets.. . . . Lookin for a cheap single.

I might be convinced to buy a cheap pair if I have to.

PM me.

:flare::scarf::flare:

habstfc
09-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Last season singles in light blue were sold at medium grey pricing, and dark blue at dark grey pricing. Now they are both more expensive as singles.

I think we all assumed that the north end would stay medium-grey for seasons. The view is better than from the south end ... but I'm not sure it's that much better to justify the price being 233% higher!

Exactly, I love the north stand seats but they are not worth that much.

Parkdale
09-21-2010, 08:44 AM
there's lots of math in this thread.

it all adds up to pissed off supporters.

Parkdale
09-21-2010, 08:46 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Simpleton_finds_The_Golden_Goose_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_15661.jpg

Belfast_Boy
09-21-2010, 08:53 AM

I'm with you. on the list and was offered an extortion pack last year that i refused. I won't buy the package or high priced tickets if offered.
Supporters seats or nothing. it's far too easy to get to all the games I want without bending over for MLSE.

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 08:58 AM
CSL is starting to look like it could be a good alternative to getting screwed by ML$E. Plenty of "away games" most of which are easy to get to......
yeah

Technorgasm
09-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I am a MILTOWN FC supporter. . cant wait to hit some CSL games. . .

freakin LOVE IT.

flambe
09-21-2010, 09:04 AM
I will be Looking to buy T-Bird a set of season tickets.
you keep the rights, I buy the tickets.. . . . Lookin for a cheap single.

I might be convinced to buy a cheap pair if I have to.

PM me.

PM'd

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 09:15 AM
mlse can stick there fucking bmo field up there ass

MG42
09-21-2010, 09:31 AM

quoted for legendary post status

Parkdale
09-21-2010, 09:34 AM

we hear you nascar. now relax. you don't want to get high blood pressure.

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 09:37 AM
we hear you nascar. now relax. you don't want to get high blood pressure.
someone get me a beer:drinking:

Parkdale
09-21-2010, 09:47 AM
^ that's the spirit!

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 10:04 AM
^ that's the spirit!
mmm rum:drinking:

Yeoman
09-21-2010, 10:35 AM
like i've said, e-mail reps
call them
write on the facebook page.
hit every single place you can to complain about this, and show that we will not tolerate this one bit.

dow117
09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
With inflation running at almost 0.5% over the last while and recessionary pressures on everyone' s job, MLSE could have stepped up and recognized this by freezing prices. I lost my job and if at least I cannot opt out of the MLS cup , my game days are over.
Once again the suits win .... god I hate corporate Toronto !! as I know there is a great town under that suit !!

rocker
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I lost my job

Someone who loses a job shouldn't be spending anything on discretionary entertainment.

If I lost my job, no way would I buy even the cheapest tickets in the stadium. Nor would I be going out for dinner. Nor would I be driving anywhere. Priorities, ya know?

ensco
09-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Someone who loses a job shouldn't be spending anything on discretionary entertainment.

If I lost my job, no way would I buy even the cheapest tickets in the stadium. Nor would I be going out for dinner. Nor would I be driving anywhere. Priorities, ya know?

Funny. Everyone is different. In my case, if someone told me they'd lost their job, I would not be handing out gratuitous lectures.

kodiakTFC
09-21-2010, 11:14 AM

Thats easy to say but when your out of work you look to your passions to keep you busy.

rocker
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Thats easy to say but when your out of work you look to your passions to keep you busy.

Watch the TFC games on TV, much cheaper. Go to a CSL game, much cheaper. When things go wrong in life, you have to downsize your expenses.

I know a lot of immigrants who sacrifice when work is hard to find. To be unemployed and expecting to afford TFC season tickets is completely irresponsible.

mclaren
09-21-2010, 11:47 AM
For the first time, I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket in 110. Gouged to death. Good job on destroying what could have been an amazing thing MLSE.

Toronto_Bhoy
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/572/4A9951C9-BB70-4827-B456-8CB95E6EECB7/42-17527968.jpg

Roogsy
09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Funny. Everyone is different. In my case, if someone told me they'd lost their job, I would not be handing out gratuitous lectures.

:lol:

Oh man, I just spit my water out on this one. :hurray:

Beach_Red
09-21-2010, 12:25 PM
For the first time, I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket in 110. Gouged to death. Good job on destroying what could have been an amazing thing MLSE.

This is how I feel. Maybe the problem is MLSE is like a spoiled kid, they had everything handed to them without having to work for it. Maybe if instead of a huge fan base, sell-out crowds and a great atmosphere from the beginning if they'd had to build up to that, if they'd hired a proper front office, put in grass, signed a DP, built a team and then got the fans they'd respect them more.

I know it's a small thing but when I read Paul B's Twitter yesterday about Argos fans I thought that's going to bite him in the ass - because it's his smug attitude as if he had anything at all to do with creating that TFC fanbase. And that's really representative of the attitude of the whole company. They act as if they've done something.

stugautz
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM

This is how I feel. Maybe the problem is MLSE is like a spoiled kid, they had everything handed to them without having to work for it. Maybe if instead of a huge fan base, sell-out crowds and a great atmosphere from the beginning if they'd had to build up to that, if they'd hired a proper front office, put in grass, signed a DP, built a team and then got the fans they'd respect them more.

I know it's a small thing but when I read Paul B's Twitter yesterday about Argos fans I thought that's going to bite him in the ass - because it's his smug attitude as if he had anything at all to do with creating that TFC fanbase. And that's really representative of the attitude of the whole company. They act as if they've done something.

We all have seen how well MLSE does when they have to work to build a fan base. Look at those stellar crowds the Marlies attract.

Roogsy
09-22-2010, 09:21 AM
MLSE needs competition.

TFC has no close competition in MLS other than D1 teams like Milltown and D2 teams like the Lynx.

The Leafs own Southern Ontario, which is why they backed the NHL in getting rid of Balsillie. Oh how I wish that RIM douchebag would have won!

The Raptors are the only NBA team within 500 kilometres or maybe even more.

They have market so isolated that they can literally throw out crap at their fans and still rake in fans and money.

We need a solution to end MLSE's monopoly of sports in Toronto. We need a white knight that will slay the evil dragon that is MLSE.

We had one in Balsillie. We should have supported him more. I am more sure than ever that if he had brought a team to Hamilton, I would have supported it.

Suds
09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
MLSE needs competition.

TFC has no close competition in MLS other than D1 teams like Milltown and D2 teams like the Lynx.

The Leafs own Southern Ontario, which is why they backed the NHL in getting rid of Balsillie. Oh how I wish that RIM douchebag would have won!

The Raptors are the only NBA team within 500 kilometres or maybe even more.

They have market so isolated that they can literally throw out crap at their fans and still rake in fans and money.

We need a solution to end MLSE's monopoly of sports in Toronto. We need a white knight that will slay the evil dragon that is MLSE.

We had one in Balsillie. We should have supported him more. I am more sure than ever that if he had brought a team to Hamilton, I would have supported it.

It's been said Roman Abramovich wants to own an NHL team (big rumour of course). I know many here have a hate-on for Chelsea but if it meant the end of MLSE in our market I'd take it. :)

Beach_Red
09-22-2010, 09:43 AM
It's been said Roman Abramovich wants to own an NHL team (big rumour of course). I know many here have a hate-on for Chelsea but if it meant the end of MLSE in our market I'd take it. :)

And one thing this discussion has shown is that between all the teams they own there could have been a lot more profits over the last 5-6 years simply by being "medicore" (as the Fake Tom Anselmi Diary pointed out).

Maybe there will be someone out there who will say, wow, you get these three teams into the playoffs you make a lot more money...

Suds
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
And one thing this discussion has shown is that between all the teams they own there could have been a lot more profits over the last 5-6 years simply by being "medicore" (as the Fake Tom Anselmi Diary pointed out).

Maybe there will be someone out there who will say, wow, you get these three teams into the playoffs you make a lot more money...

Yeah, it's astounding the owners of MLSE have stood for the level of incompetence that has left all that playoff money on the table.

dow117
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM

I dont need a lecture from you Mom ... fuck off !!!

king dave
09-22-2010, 08:16 PM
FIRE ME?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/5013297914_71d7fac113_m.jpg
GOOD LUCK.
KD.

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 08:20 PM

You really are quite smug arent you?

Its painful to read your posts without being able to pour liquid on your head. He said he lost his job, not that he was homeless.

habstfc
09-22-2010, 11:04 PM

You really are quite smug arent you?

Its painful to read your posts without being able to pour liquid on your head. He said he lost his job, not that he was homeless.

Come on guys he does have a point. I don't think he was insulting you or anything like that.

It's all about priorities. My wife and I were going to do an RV trip to the maratimes this summer but decided our house needed new windows instead. Priorities.

ExiledRed
09-22-2010, 11:22 PM
ignorance causes insult, whether its intended or not.

'Haves' sanctimoniously criticising 'have-nots' make me sick.

rocker
09-22-2010, 11:59 PM

Ok Robin Hood, why don't you go and steal my 22 games of Season Tickets and give them to the poor. Your language is a hilarious misappropriation of the whole notion of haves and have nots.

You completely avoid tackling my argument directly... ahh, the argumentative strategy of avoidance. Well done.

king dave
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
You guys need some MAC & CHEESE !!!!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2725/4453959959_d2aa5c7bfb_z.jpg
KD.

dow117
09-23-2010, 09:47 AM

These are the folks that believe poverty is just a bad choice ....