PDA

View Full Version : DeRosario: what next?

Pages : 1 [2]

Big Bruva
09-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Sulfur check the facts check the history....The man is a baller!...I don't understand the hate...

I understand critics in regards Julian but towards DeRo is madness, the man has been TFC's best player and gives his all. Honestly speaking DeRo most probably takes to most pride in being a Toronto FC player and wants this club to succeed.

There have been big name players in this league that DeRo has tried to get to TFC and from what i hear was not far off and that's all down to him wanting the club to be the best it can be.

I was out with DeRo last week after the match against DC and the first thing i said to him was not hello but "You need some bloody help"

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I understand critics in regards Julian but towards DeRo is madness, the man has been TFC's best player and gives his all. Honestly speaking DeRo most probably takes to most pride in being a Toronto FC player and wants this club to succeed.

There have been big name players in this league that DeRo has tried to get to TFC and from what i hear was not far off and that's all down to him wanting the club to be the best it can be.

I was out with DeRo last week after the match against DC and the first thing i said to him was not hello but "You need some bloody help"

No one is questioning the man's heart or affinity for the club. This canard really needs to be put to rest, and I'm kind of tired as it being used as partial or complete reasoning for deflecting any and all honest criticism of the guy.

DeRo is our best player. Full stop. That doesn't mean that the man doesn't have faults, or that people won't ask questions when his game disappears for a long while. Nor do these criticisms necessarily mean people think he's shit, or doesn't have "heart", or isn't still our best player.

We need to put the doe-eyed dogmatism to rest when it comes to any of our players, and stop being afraid to take long, hard looks at all of them.

And I still join in the collective facepalm of anyone who say's he's garbage, or the sole cause of this team's poor form.

- Scott

Roogsy
09-20-2010, 10:09 PM
No one is questioning the man's heart or affinity for the club. This canard really needs to be put to rest, and I'm kind of tired as it being used as partial or complete reasoning for deflecting any and all honest criticism of the guy.

DeRo is our best player. Full stop. That doesn't mean that the man doesn't have faults, or that people won't ask questions when his game disappears for a long while. Nor do these criticisms necessarily mean people think he's shit, or doesn't have "heart", or isn't still our best player.

We need to put the doe-eyed dogmatism to rest when it comes to any of our players, and stop being afraid to take long, hard looks at all of them.

And I still join in the collective facepalm of anyone who say's he's garbage, or the sole cause of this team's poor form.

- Scott

Unfortunately not everyone is as reasonable or logical as you Scott.

And BB, you are right, DeRo needs help. That is by far the biggest reason for TFC's underperformance. The last 2 years, DeRo has been our ONLY offensive threat. No team can succeed with a team built that way.

Big Bruva
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM

- Scott

As i said in my post he has been TFC's best player..........

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 10:16 PM
And BB, you are right, DeRo needs help. That is by far the biggest reason for TFC's underperformance. The last 2 years, DeRo has been our ONLY offensive threat. No team can succeed with a team built that way.

I think our offensive output could be so much better if we could just get a rock solid goal scorer to work with Barrett and DeRo up front. I've been impressed this year with the rapport DeRo and Barrett seem to have together, and it could be magic with talented scorer who can also play well with them.

Of course, we also need depth up front so that one of them getting injured doesn't result in two months of shared starts between guys like O'Brien Wide and Ibby.

- Scott

Big Bruva
09-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately not everyone is as reasonable or logical as you Scott.

A team will usually find it hard or next to impossible when the mid are not contributing at all when it comes to goals. Off the top of my head i can only think of Lebrocca scoring one which was a cross that flew in on a windy day but other than that i can't think of any goals from mid.

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 10:17 PM
As i said in my post he has been TFC's best player..........

The last sentence of my post wasn't directed at you. I should have made that clearer.

- Scott

Roogsy
09-20-2010, 11:38 PM
I just rewatched "TFC Game in an Hour" and I gotta tell you, DeRo scoring in injury time is goosepimple-worthy.

Gerry Dobson: "And he's done it again! De-wayne De Rosario! Deep into injury time! Surely that's the winner and surely that's 3 points for the Reds!"

Craig Forrest: "Why has Dwayne DeRosario won 4 titles in major league soccer? Because he has the ability to turn a game, he has the ability to lead the team."

Gerry Dobson: "Dwayne DeRosario 11 goals this season, he has just fired in the winner because the referee has just blown the full-time whislte, if there is any doubt that that man is the heart and soul of this team, it certainly has been erased this evening."

Indeed.

Roogsy
09-20-2010, 11:47 PM
I would just like to add that I am still in love with Andi Petrillo.

<3:ihih::yum::hump:

habstfc
09-21-2010, 12:48 AM
DERO WHAT'S NEXT?

Well, he'll probably score 10 to 12 goals next year just as he did this year. With a multiple goal game he may even score 15, I think that's possible. He does have 5 games left.