PDA

View Full Version : Dichio Goal seat cushions

Klinsmann
09-17-2010, 09:37 AM
does anyone have any idea where I could get my hands on one the seat cushions from the Dichio first goal?

I threw mine on the field that day, kind of wish I still had it...

thanks,

bgnewf
09-17-2010, 09:46 AM
does anyone have any idea where I could get my hands on one the seat cushions from the Dichio first goal?

thanks,

Ebay

Ageroo
09-17-2010, 09:52 AM
i will sell you mine for ........
jTmXHvGZiSY

Oldtimer
09-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Like the bgnewf said, try eBay.

Azerban
09-17-2010, 10:13 AM
unless you had the foresight to grab a ton of them, i can't believe anyone here would ever think of selling theirs; i know i sure wouldn't

rviewmirror
09-17-2010, 11:04 AM
LOL. I was just watching the first ever goal videos on youtube yesterday and thought to myself that I wanted mine back.....on to ebay I guess...

Dave67
09-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Whats a Dichio cushion worth these days? Other than priceless.

Mikey
09-17-2010, 11:11 AM
If I had only known how much ML$E would ass ream me on tickets prices over the following four years, I would have kept my cushion too.......

menefreghista
09-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I bet you can get one now for a lot less than you could have at the end of the 2007 season.

gunnerken
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Whats a Dichio cushion worth these days? Other than priceless.

What about a "signed" Dichio cushion ? (met him last year at a pub in Burlington) : "To Ken, First Goal...WOW !...Best Wishes, DD"

My most prized TFC possession ever...

maninb
09-17-2010, 12:00 PM
I threw mine but then somebody was kind enough to nail me in the head with another one as I was leaving the game....

rocker
09-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I left mine in the washroom shortly after coming in the gate!
The cushion was stuffed in my hand by some lady inside the gate and as I went to take a piss I thought "why the hell do I need a seat cushion???" So I left it on the counter. Wish I had it now.

prizby
09-17-2010, 07:27 PM
the last time this was asked, i hear PB has a few in his office

maximo_rpd
09-22-2010, 07:36 PM

thanks,

I have an extra - in brand new pristine shape - will trade for nice RPB scarf in very good condition (ie not used as a bar wipe) :hump:

Detroit_TFC
09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
There is one hanging in the Globe Bar in Chicago, along with a lot of very cool scarves and other soccer memorabilia from around the world.

MKR
09-22-2010, 09:39 PM
i found one well after a game in year 2 on the ground (no fans in sight). Snapped it up in a nano-second. Still in excellent condition too.

ricciboy
09-22-2010, 11:07 PM
ill sell you mine, but its gonna be over 9000

thanks,

MKR
09-23-2010, 05:48 AM
OK. here's an honest proposition.

I will trade mine for a season seat scarf. Any version prior to this current year will do.
I am going to saturday's game if anyone is interested. Can do an exchange prior to the start at one of the gates. PM me if interested.

Klinsmann
11-27-2010, 06:10 PM
the last time this was asked, i hear PB has a few in his office

Thanks Prizby! I asked PB and he was able to find one (i believe it was sitting in the office vacated by MoJo!).
I got Danny to sign it at the 90 min party.
"To Derek, 1ST GOAL DAY! All the best, Danny."

Cuppy
10-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Throwing this question out there and expecting the lol right back.
Does anyone have a seat cushion for sale or advice as to where I can pick one up? Eyeyeballing ebay as well kiijiji for awhile.
Needle in a haystack I know but hey a man can dream can't he

MartinUtd
10-07-2014, 04:51 PM
No, but could I interest you in an Adam Braz beer coaster?

Klinsmann
10-07-2014, 06:57 PM
This is the one Paul Beirne found in MOJOs office the day after they fired him. He gave it to me and I got Danny to sign it.

Maybe you can ask Tim B tomorrow at Joes if there are still extras floating around in BMO?

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2947/15286916147_03cd6b84a0_b.jpg

C.Ronaldo
10-08-2014, 09:39 AM
throwing mine was the best feeling in TFC history thus far.

Im happy I have the memory over the cusion

akoto
10-08-2014, 09:48 AM
One of my fondest memories so far too. I was there with my Dad and as they started to fly, he looked at me and said "This is going to special. Let's keep ours!". Just after that, a few didn't make it to the pitch so we grabbed them and threw those ones on and kept ours.

scooter
10-08-2014, 09:49 AM
i would like one anybody want to trade for one of my scarf doubles

C.Ronaldo
10-08-2014, 10:03 AM
anyone know if the the picture of that first goal is still in the hallway that the players come out of?

Cuppy
10-08-2014, 11:10 AM
anyone know if the the picture of that first goal is still in the hallway that the players come out of? remember seeing this when the locker room was available for fans to see during the seat relocation. i belive its still there

Globetrotter
10-08-2014, 11:44 AM
anyone know if the the picture of that first goal is still in the hallway that the players come out of?

I have one autographed in my home bar that I had signed at the 90th minute party in 2007. I haven't been in that hallway in 2 years, so can't give an accurate response.

RedRum
10-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Throwing this question out there and expecting the lol right back.
Does anyone have a seat cushion for sale or advice as to where I can pick one up? Eyeyeballing ebay as well kiijiji for awhile.
Needle in a haystack I know but hey a man can dream can't he

Just keep looking where you are, they come around. I've probably found and sold at least 10 over the years on ebay. What you have working against you is 90% of pickers who would come across one wouldn't even think it has any value and would leave it behind. Sad as it is, most of them end up in landfill.

C.Ronaldo
10-09-2014, 09:04 AM
remember seeing this when the locker room was available for fans to see during the seat relocation. i belive its still there

thanks, its one of those show my son where I was when this happened stories.

Klinsmann
10-11-2015, 04:38 PM
if anyone is looking there is one up on ebay right now!
currenty under $1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-Toronto-FC-Seat-Cushion-from-1st-Game-2007-TFC-Opening-Weekend-/131619876823?hash=item1ea527efd7

Ivy
10-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Nobody bid on this! It's from London (yuk)

dawkins
10-11-2015, 08:07 PM
I have 5 of these! I have 3 on the wall and another 2 doing nothing

MightyDM
10-11-2015, 09:05 PM

I bid on EBay, and just missed. Some one pipped me at the death.

dawkins
10-13-2015, 08:23 PM
I bid on EBay, and just missed. Some one pipped me at the death.

how much were they asking??

Bobo
10-13-2015, 08:46 PM
I got that ish signed. :cool:

Starting bid: 1,000,000,001 and a Vanney pullover size XL.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-14-2015, 04:41 AM

I'll gladly take one off your hands if you're interested in selling

Ossington Mental Youth
10-14-2015, 04:45 AM
Really regret not keeping mine

tfcfans
08-02-2016, 10:44 PM
For those still looking for the elusive seat cushion --- I just won one on ebay last week for $1 (!!) --- with shipping it was $10 all in --- arrived today in perfect condition, frankly I'm shocked!.....no one else bid on it, I kept waiting for someone else to bid and no one did.....keep looking, even 9+ years later they are still out there.....now to find DD to sign it (any suggestions on how to find him these days?, I actually have an RPB Soccer #9 jersey signed by him already!), that should be the (much) easier part!! :D

Red CB Toronto
08-02-2016, 10:50 PM
For those still looking for the elusive seat cushion --- I just won one on ebay last week for $1 (!!) --- with shipping it was $10 all in --- arrived today in perfect condition, frankly I'm shocked!.....no one else bid on it, I kept waiting for someone else to bid and no one did.....keep looking, even 9+ years later they are still out there.....now to find DD to sign it (any suggestions on how to find him these days?, I actually have an RPB Soccer #9 jersey signed by him already!), that should be the (much) easier part!! :D

He is a TFC academy coach, see him a lot up TFC2 games.

tfcfans
08-02-2016, 11:00 PM
^ Thanks! --- I know he coaches the OSL team but I'm never near where they play and their season is almost over, is there ever any way of knowing in advance if he is attending a TFC2 game? any insight there on games/dates he usually does/does not attend? I know it will happen eventually (I waited 9+ years to get the damn seat cushion back in my hands!! :rolleyes:), but I'm just trying to be as smart about this as I can be....

kottisinick
11-01-2016, 05:23 AM
Hey guys, I have one to spare but I also in need a tfc first year long sleeve jersey size medium. If anyone could help or trade

Captain
11-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Hey guys, I have one to spare but I also in need a tfc first year long sleeve jersey size medium. If anyone could help or trade
I have a first year grey long sleeve jersey but is an XL.

boozilla
03-24-2019, 12:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhXLf2zkhGA

Old thread, but that 2007 DD seat cushion will always a defining piece of the TFC origin story.
I reluctantly need to downsize and would rather like to see my DD signed cushion go to a good home here than through ebay.
I'm aware that it's a super rare item, but is $200 crazy?

https://imgur.com/a/kRxsAvP

TFC1986
03-24-2019, 09:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhXLf2zkhGA

Old thread, but that 2007 DD seat cushion will always a defining piece of the TFC origin story.
I reluctantly need to downsize and would rather like to see my DD signed cushion go to a good home here than through ebay.
I'm aware that it's a super rare item, but is $200 crazy?

To some yes it's crazy, to others price won't matter. You should start at $200 and go from there.
I never was a DD fan. But I'm sure someone out there is

tfcfans
03-24-2019, 09:35 PM
I have managed to pick up a few of the seat cushions over the years for friends and family on ebay and kijji and such (just got one last week (!) mailed to me and the total cost all in was about $25, and $15 of that was mailing costs (the guy wanted $10 for the cushion) - most of the time I have seen the cushions going for about $20 or less give or take shipping costs --- in terms of getting DD's autograph, it might take some effort (my signed one took some time to find a time and place where I knew DD would be, but he tends to be around the GTA as a coach and ambassador of the team so with some effort it can be done .... not sure if $200 is a bit ambitious, but hey, maybe someone will pay it for the convenience of it all.....now my RPB soccer jersey with a number 9 signed by DD, now that's a real priceless rarity (it's not for sale as the jerseys are hard to find now as they were a limited production of the group - the RPB track jacket was another nice one - I think we only made about 10 of those in total)......:)

Cuchulain
03-30-2019, 03:23 PM
I have managed to pick up a few of the seat cushions over the years for friends and family on ebay and kijji and such (just got one last week (!) mailed to me and the total cost all in was about $25, and $15 of that was mailing costs (the guy wanted $10 for the cushion) - most of the time I have seen the cushions going for about $20 or less give or take shipping costs --- in terms of getting DD's autograph, it might take some effort (my signed one took some time to find a time and place where I knew DD would be, but he tends to be around the GTA as a coach and ambassador of the team so with some effort it can be done .... not sure if $200 is a bit ambitious, but hey, maybe someone will pay it for the convenience of it all.....now my RPB soccer jersey with a number 9 signed by DD, now that's a real priceless rarity (it's not for sale as the jerseys are hard to find now as they were a limited production of the group - the RPB track jacket was another nice one - I think we only made about 10 of those in total)......:)

You mean these?
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=1082&d=1215556206

I probably sold about 100 over the first few years to help pay for our little league sponsored team. There are a few Red Patch Girls as well. Still have a few buried somewhere.

tfcfans
03-30-2019, 06:39 PM
That's the one! DD liked the number 9 on mine when he signed it! If you have any Red Patch Girls ones that are big enough for a 9 year old and a 13 year old, I may be interested in a few!

You mean these?
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=1082&d=1215556206

I probably sold about 100 over the first few years to help pay for our little league sponsored team. There are a few Red Patch Girls as well. Still have a few buried somewhere.

Cuchulain
04-02-2019, 02:45 PM
That's the one! DD liked the number 9 on mine when he signed it! If you have any Red Patch Girls ones that are big enough for a 9 year old and a 13 year old, I may be interested in a few!

I'm not completely sure what I have. Give me a few days to get at it and see.

tfcfans
04-02-2019, 06:49 PM
I'm not completely sure what I have. Give me a few days to get at it and see.

No rush, and no worries either way.....