PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Friday,Sep.17

denime
09-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Mornin'

Reds Look For A Breakthrough (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/reds-look-breakthrough)

Lindsay Wastes Little Time (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/lindsay-wastes-little-time)

Preki should feel vindicated (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/james-on-soccer/preki-should-feel-vindicated/article1709981/)

Preki not impressed by 'Canadian guys' (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/09/16/sp-preki-espn.html)

Canada climbs in FIFA rankings (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/861371--canada-climbs-in-fifa-rankings)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Wull
09-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Morning D

Not a fan of the paul james article at all. He obviously has insomnia or something because that's all preki-ball was good for curing. After Saturday it was clear he'd lost the dressing room and the fans (not to say every fan thought he should be fired but those were his players playing his brand of football that nobody could claim was entertaining or worth the money)

pekduck
09-17-2010, 06:41 AM
In regards to DeRo and JDG as players I have over the years liked them and if I was still coaching purely on a technical level I would look to have them on the team - although with the caveat that JDG play and perform well in a different position. But I do not coach anymore nor will i in the future. In either event based on this recent happening and my own previous experiences with them I would not select them bc I do not believe in their characters. In the past they have made mistakes but they keep repeating them. I will not disclose details.

If you review my october assessments last year on JDG and subsequesnt assessment on him and DeRo you will see that I have been positive at times with JDG on his potential and performance and pretty much all the time with DeRo.

In spite of previous experiences I believe everyone should move on and be judged on the present moment but not if players or people do not change which again has happened with both. Talking about the coach in the media in such a way exposed them I'm afraid.

interesting comment by Paul James, when responding to readers comment if he had insider stories

London
09-17-2010, 06:53 AM
and preki gets in one last "thats all i got to say about that"

Pigfynn
09-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Why DeGuzman would have any pull within this organization is a complete mystery to me. Why? because they pay him wayyyyyy too much money? It can't be down to performance or status as a game changer, hell! or even a game affecter lol

I understand why TFC would let DeRo flex his muscle with regard to who coaches this team, but DeGuzman? No way!

Just because someone played in a top league in the past doesn't mean shit. It's like James says "it's about the present" and in the present JDG is forgettable

Oldtimer
09-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Morning D

Not a fan of the paul james article at all. He obviously has insomnia or something because that's all preki-ball was good for curing. After Saturday it was clear he'd lost the dressing room and the fans (not to say every fan thought he should be fired but those were his players playing his brand of football that nobody could claim was entertaining or worth the money)

Remember that this group of grinders were selected to play Preki-ball.

It's not a vindication of Preki, rather it shows how one-dimensional the squad he largely built is.

koryo
09-17-2010, 08:13 AM

It's not a vindication of Preki, rather it shows how one-dimensional the squad he largely built is.

That's just it. And now we know why this team resolutely defended and rarely attacked. Not good enough.

J .
09-17-2010, 08:36 AM
"After being taken to task in the media and undermined by two players he used as captains during his very short tenure in Toronto, he would have the right to feel vindicated. Where leadership and class was required by his players it was once again trumped by a selfish, self-serving approach. What chance does Canadian soccer have of being successful if this is the approach of our supposed top players? "

Sums up everything I think about the situation.

sidvan
09-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Preki - gave armband to Garcia whenever he could. Enough said.

DavydMT
09-17-2010, 09:26 AM
GAME DAY

FC Hamilton Croatia - TFC Academy - 9:00 pm

Brian Timmis Stadium
- map: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...5,0.01929&z=16 (http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=70+Balsam+Avenue+North,+Hamilton,+Ontario&sll=43.253064,-79.828355&sspn=0.007314,0.021136&g=65+Balsam+Avenue+North,+Hamilton,+Ontario&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=70+Balsam+Ave+N,+Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division ,+Ontario+L8L+6Y3&view=map&ll=43.251158,-79.828699&spn=0.008205,0.01929&z=16)

- tickets: $15 Per Game admission only available at the gate.

pekduck
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
"After being taken to task in the media and undermined by two players he used as captains during his very short tenure in Toronto, he would have the right to feel vindicated. Where leadership and class was required by his players it was once again trumped by a selfish, self-serving approach. What chance does Canadian soccer have of being successful if this is the approach of our supposed top players? "

Sums up everything I think about the situation.

can't say i disagree

Darlofletch
09-17-2010, 09:33 AM

Absolutley the squad isn't good enough right now and a lot of that's on Preki, but show me one coach anywhere in the world who hasn't made some bum signings. was preki supposed to have got everything perfectly right at the first attempt? halfway through the season, he or mo or wheover brought in maicon and mista to improve things up front.

That's just it. And now we know why this team resolutely defended and rarely attacked. Not good enough.

So what you're saying is we resolutely defended because the squad wasn't good enough? that preki knew that given the limitations of his squad, if we attacked as whole heartedly as we did against rsl, we'd get torn apart, sounds like smart coaching to me.

say what you want about entertainment, but in a competition where goal difference is the first tie breaker, i'd much rather lose 1-0 that 4-1.

Darlofletch
09-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Morning D

ever heard of the phrase "differences of opinion" just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean everybody does. Was I entertained in every single game? no, but there was defintely entertaining games this year, I'd sday it's been worth my money.

Wull
09-17-2010, 10:02 AM
ever heard of the phrase "differences of opinion" just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean everybody does. Was I entertained in every single game? no, but there was defintely entertaining games this year, I'd sday it's been worth my money.

I was talking about Saturday's game

GBV
09-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Vindicated?
It was one game. One day after the firing.

GBV
09-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Why DeGuzman would have any pull within this organization is a complete mystery to me. Why? because they pay him wayyyyyy too much money? It can't be down to performance or status as a game changer, hell! or even a game affecter lol

I understand why TFC would let DeRo flex his muscle with regard to who coaches this team, but DeGuzman? No way!

Just because someone played in a top league in the past doesn't mean shit. It's like James says "it's about the present" and in the present JDG is forgettable

"LAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LIGGGGGGGGGGGGA!!!"
:D:D

Darlofletch
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I was talking about Saturday's game

Talking strictly about saturday, then yes it certainly wasn't entertaining or worht the money, though "he lost the dressing room" suggests that they were no longer "his players playing his brand of football" in that game.

Wull
09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Talking strictly about saturday, then yes it certainly wasn't entertaining or worht the money, though "he lost the dressing room" suggests that they were no longer "his players playing his brand of football" in that game.

I see how it looks like a contradiction but by losing the players they can be going through the motions in his style rather than putting in the extra effort to attack, create, track back etc.

Technorgasm
09-17-2010, 02:07 PM
GAME DAY

FC Hamilton Croatia - TFC Academy - 9:00 pm

Brian Timmis Stadium
- map: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...5,0.01929&z=16 (http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=70+Balsam+Avenue+North,+Hamilton,+Ontario&sll=43.253064,-79.828355&sspn=0.007314,0.021136&g=65+Balsam+Avenue+North,+Hamilton,+Ontario&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=70+Balsam+Ave+N,+Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division ,+Ontario+L8L+6Y3&view=map&ll=43.251158,-79.828699&spn=0.008205,0.01929&z=16)

- tickets: $15 Per Game admission only available at the gate.

the TECHNO

is in the HOUSE!!!!

denime
09-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Someone should tell Preki he wasn't the only Serbian coach fired that day,Serbian NT coach Antic was fired and CSL Serbian White Eagles coach was fired same day.

It was a black Tuesday for Serbian coaches around the globe or this is some kind of conspiracy going on . ;)

jloome
09-18-2010, 01:32 AM

He didn't criticize differences of opinion or suggest everyone should think the way he did.

Why do people do that, read thing in that just aren't there? I don't see any such implication in the original post.