PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game: TFC v RSL (CCL)

prizby
09-15-2010, 11:06 PM
I am completely tired of watching this shit right now. Yeah we probably would have lost either way, but this is getting to no end.

Whether it is the bullshit, bush league red cards, or the penalties outside of the boxes, or the dives being called fouls or just generally the uneven balance that we have to deal with almost game in and game out. We are being cheated. This would have no point if you look back over the time and say well ok its about 50/50 in terms of bad calls either way...IT IS NOT...try 80/20 or even 90/10 might best attest to it AND I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!

The fact of the matter is TFC have been fucked around with so much by other teams antics and one sided, clearly unprofessional refereeing that by playing a clean, tasteful style that we all love is NEVER going to produce any bloody results in this league, or super liga, or champions league, or even the NCC come a few years down the road.

Here is where most of you will go with the :picard:.

But bere with me for a second.

What if we had a team of divers.
What if we had a team of simulators.
What if we had a team of complete whiny little babies.

99.9% of us probably wouldn't like this.

BUT

What if we started to win games...convincingly.

What if hand balls in the box started to get called in favour of TFC.

What if fouls outside of the box led to penalties.

WHAT IF WE WERE MLS CHAMPIONS.

Would you complain then?

I am sick and tired of hoping an attractive style of football will win in North America. We can't produce it. We try, we fail, and we get :hump:by the refs on non chalant calls.

Time for a revolution, bring on the divers, I am sick and tired of LOSING!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

this isn't just about today's game.

This is about the 2 handballs in Chicago and the handball that we get called on in Philly

This is about that pathetic showing by a concacaf liscensed referee in Panama

This is about the Kei Kamara's rolling around like a fuckin' donk for five minutes after he's been put in his place by an aging relic and then he gets up and is magically all better (if i ever saw this guy in public, I would get a friend to video tape me kicking him in the back of the leg or something as hard as one can and see whether he runs after to try to rip me a new one or whether he rolls around for five minutes)

This is about the games where we get heavily called for fouls and can't buy a call the other way

This is about the disparity between the number of penalty shots we have had for vs. against.

and it has boiled over

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, time to turn to dirty tactics...it seems like that is the only bloody way to get a result in today's game!

TFC07
09-15-2010, 11:08 PM
I am surprised we haven't started a riot.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-15-2010, 11:13 PM
I am surprised we haven't started a riot.

That will be when they announce the ST hike......in $$$$$

ACSertL
09-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Clearly this is a piss take.

twistedchinaman
09-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Discuss.

Redpunkfiddle
09-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Take take a gander at the post game thread. You aren't alone. And this random thread is done in 1...2...3...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Discuss.

what?

WHITEY
09-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Nothing really to discuss is there Twisted? LOL same old same old my friend.

twistedchinaman
09-15-2010, 11:20 PM
I have no idea.

AL-MO
09-15-2010, 11:21 PM
I traded messages on FB with Ben Rycroft. He asked me for a prediction and I said I think we can come out with a draw.

Boy, was I wrong.

WHITEY
09-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I traded messages on FB with Ben Rycroft. He asked me for a prediction and I said I think we can come out with a draw.

Boy, was I wrong.

LOL you were right for about like 5 minutes man! That's something I guess.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Nothing really to discuss is there Twisted? LOL same old same old my friend.

copy and paste.....LAST GAME...

then close thread..:)

J .
09-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Pathetic.

This is what you get when the inmates are running the asylum. Old CSA coach. Nice.

DeRo and JDG. It was was the coaches. All this time.

On the brightside, at least we scored a goal.

Pookie
09-15-2010, 11:24 PM
^ not really. It was offside ;)

ACSertL

Boy, was I wrong.

To be honest...with the start we got off to, I didn't think a draw was out of the question either.

Then all that stuff happened.

Super
I am sick and tired of hoping an attractive style of football will win in North America. We can't produce it. We try, we fail, and we get :hump:by the refs on non chalant calls.

Winning honestly isn't everything. This season just proves it. Preki plays anti-football, and though at first I thought "Yeah, sure, as long as we win" I honestly don't believe that for a second anymore. When we had a good stretch and did well I didn't feel ANYTHING. I wasn't excited. The games were shit to watch. However, that being said, I'm not expecting samba football here. Just not shit football. So yeah, honestly, I don't think this city would accept more anti-football, or diving, or cheating, or whatever - even if it did mean winning. We want to watch good football - and that means you have to play the game the way it's meant to be played. Leave the cheating for the other teams, who may win, but without the pride and glory.

WHITEY
copy and paste.....LAST GAME...

then close thread..:)

HAHA well I don't know what people expected since yesterday LOL I mean fuck its the same team as the last freaking 7 matches just because we have a new coach doesn't mean the freaking team or their mentality will change overnight LOL.

twistedchinaman
09-15-2010, 11:25 PM
You know what? I'll start.

I'm sick of being sick and tired of this. I'm tired of being weary of stupid shit.

ALL I WANT IS ONE SEASON WHERE AFTER EACH GAME, REGARDLESS OF WIN, LOSE OR DRAW, I CAN GO AWAY CONFIDENT AND CONTENT THAT THE REDS HAVE DONE THEIR BEST.

I don't think any of us has gotten that. Every bright spot has always dawned something darker. Every time we've dared to dream, we've had it popped. Over and over and over and over and over. You get the fucking idea.

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR FAITH TO BE REWARDED?!

Hooligan69
09-15-2010, 11:25 PM
I'll be old, rickety and wrinkled living in the home before Toronto FC ever accomplishes anything beyond consistent mediocrity.

Shakes McQueen
09-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Getting mad isn't even worth it anymore. I don't even have "MO MUST GO" to cling to.

This season just needs to end, so I can hang my hopes on MLSE pulling their heads out of their asses just long enough to sign a manager with genuine credentials.

I don't blame Daso for tonight. He's playing out the string with a fucked up locker room, an interim manager, and a lopsided roster. Assigning blame is just supremely pointless, when the previous administration has already lost their jobs.

Just... fuck. Instead of meeting at Shoeless for games, RPB's should just meet somewhere once a week for a nice group cry/support group.

What is left, people? I'm sitting here at my computer, at 12:30am, cracking open my second beer. Being a TFC fan is great. Fuck me.

- Scott

ag futbol
09-15-2010, 11:27 PM
For the most part, this team is what it is.

Other teams know that outside of Dero we have absolutely nothing going forward. I can see why he's not producing, he's the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd guy other teams worry about when they play us. Nobody else even gets consideration.

Across the field we might be better at one or two spots. And those are primarily occupied by the guys everyone is giving heat to today + Frei. Otherwise the differences are huge. Their wing-backs are better, their wingers are better, they have an actual play-maker, their strikers score goals.

TFC has one guy who is basically a lone wolf, one who is (supposedly) good at spraying the ball around but has nobody of quality to pass to, and a keeper who stands on our head every game which makes us forget how bad our back-line actually is.

We're asking the best guys on our team to carry the load while giving them no platform to be successful.

habstfc
09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
And on top of that you live in barrie, now thats something to be depressed about.

AL-MO
09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
HAHA well I don't know what people expected since yesterday LOL I mean fuck its the same team as the last freaking 7 matches just because we have a new coach doesn't mean the freaking team or their mentality will change overnight LOL.

Agreed, but I thought the vibe around the team would have been better and they'd have a bit more jump in their step.

Can we blame altitude? :noidea:

AL-MO
09-15-2010, 11:30 PM
And on top of that you live in barrie, now thats something to be depressed about.

Now, now. Play nice.

:scarf:

Hooligan69
Win, lose or draw, I will continue on enjoying life as best I can. Flipping my lid over TFC has taken years off my life, so it's time to relax and keep a level head.

WHITEY
Don't be saying suicide! - J Slaughter's Dad.

Super
For the most part, this team is what it is.

Other teams know that outside of Dero we have absolutely nothing going forward. I can see why he's not producing, he's the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd guy other teams worry about when they play us. Nobody else even gets consideration.

Across the field we might be better at one or two spots. And those are primarily occupied by the guys everyone is giving heat to today + Frei. Otherwise the differences are huge. Their wing-backs are better, their wingers are better, they have an actual play-maker, their strikers score goals.

TFC has one guy who is basically a lone wolf, one who is (supposedly) good at spraying the ball around but has nobody of quality to pass to, and a keeper who stands on our head every game which makes us forget how bad our back-line actually is.

We're asking the best guys on our team to carry the load while giving them no platform to be successful.

Very well said. I'd say that's a proper diagnosis of the team as it stands right now. The future head coach/manager will have to deal with the situation - and it's a hell of a job indeed.

J .
09-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Where are our players? Where was Mista, DeRo and JDG? They didnt produce. Sorry, but RSLs top guys. Played a game. Our best players took a shit. Fuck these clowns their whining act is old news. Get off the pitch and play the academy players. Fuck Garcia, he knows the ref is a hard ass.

Auzzy
09-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Just remember, regardless of who the new manager/director & coach are, they MUST keep all of the current coaches as assistants, as well as the current assistant GM, as well as a certain bunch of the players. Nothing like a nice clean re-start, no?

Isn't there a good lacrosse team or something in Toronto to follow?

habstfc
09-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey man I lived in barrie for 26 years, kinda like that town in deliverance, only difference, the roads in barrie are paved.

Super
09-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Where are our players? Where was Mista, DeRo and JDG? They didnt produce. Sorry, but RSLs top guys. Played a game. Our best players took a shit. Fuck these clowns their whining act is old news. Get off the pitch and play the academy players. Fuck Garcia, he knows the ref is a hard ass.

We can't give up just yet. We have to play till it's officially over - even though I agree that it's a long-shot (MLS + CCL). We COULD go on a tear in the league, and we COULD get 7 points out of the next 3 CCL games. Unlikely yes, but it's been done before - and that's enough reason to go for it 100%. That means the players have to give everything, yes, but WE also have to step up the performance at BMO and support the lads for 90 minutes. We could do a lot towards lifting their spirits - and then miracles may happen (as much as I don't believe in any deep down).

Shakes McQueen
09-15-2010, 11:35 PM
We can't give up just yet. We have to play till it's officially over - even though I agree that it's a long-shit (MLS + CCL). We COULD go on a tear in the league, and we COULD get 7 points out of the next 3 CCL games. Unlikely yes, but it's been done before - and that's enough reason to go for it 100%.

I will just chalk this up to a Freudian slip, haha.

- Scott

prizby
09-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Clearly this is a piss take.

absolutely! a well deserved one! i have shut up for a while, and now im imploded

king dave
09-15-2010, 11:38 PM
I need a new hobby.
Can't spend any more time/$$/effort on the club anymore.
I am sure it is the MLSE template in practice here.
The only way this club will get to a level where they can compete with other similarly qualified clubs is when the MLSE get's the fuck out and some forward looking, success-driven, competetive entrepenur takes over.
But the MLSE will always have a stranglehold of Toronto sports franchises ('cepting the Jays) as long as there is the 'long green'.
KD.

Auzzy
09-15-2010, 11:38 PM
^ Ref gave us a bunch of breaks in the game vs. DC. We did shit all with them.

WHITEY
09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
absolutely! a well deserved one! i have shut up for a while, and now im imploded

This is about the 2 handballs in Chicago and the handball that we get called on in Philly

This is about the Kei Kamara's rolling around like a fuckin' donk for five minutes after he's been put in his place by an aging relic and then he gets up and is magically all better (if i ever saw this guy in public, I would get a friend to video tape me kicking him in the back of the leg or something as hard as one can and see whether he runs after to try to rip me a new one or whether he rolls around for five minutes)

This is about the games where we get heavily called for fouls and can't buy a call the other way

This is about the disparity between the number of penalty shots we have had for vs. against.

and it has boiled over

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, time to turn to dirty tactics...it seems like that is the only bloody way to get a result in today's game!

LMFAO fuck man seriously? Buddy we are so bad at the moment that we'd probably fuck the dirty tactics right up too!

Super
09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I will just chalk this up to a Freudian slip, haha.

- Scott

haha yes, well, the remainder of the season is likely to feel like one.

Hooligan69
09-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I need a new hobby.
The only way this club will get to a level where they can compete with other similarly qualified clubs is when the MLSE get's the fuck out and some forward looking, success-driven, competetive entrepenur takes over.
But the MLSE will always have a stranglehold of Toronto sports franchises ('cepting the Jays) as long as there is the 'long green'.
KD.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/liverpool-fc-crest.jpg

prizby
Winning honestly isn't everything. This season just proves it. Preki plays anti-football, and though at first I thought "Yeah, sure, as long as we win" I honestly don't believe that for a second anymore. When we had a good stretch and did well I didn't feel ANYTHING. I wasn't excited. The games were shit to watch. However, that being said, I'm not expecting samba football here. Just not shit football. So yeah, honestly, I don't think this city would accept more anti-football, or diving, or cheating, or whatever - even if it did mean winning. We want to watch good football - and that means you have to play the game the way it's meant to be played. Leave the cheating for the other teams, who may win, but without the pride and glory.

winning is everything. The stands have begun to start to suck!

Don't you remember when you were proud to say TFC was your team. Don't you remember when you were overpacked in the bottom of 112 or it was impossible to see an empty seat. What happened to these people, we were promised progression, we expected improvements, we thought after wins and they have not come and this has to be the way we play, we get slaughtered all over the place. I couldn't care if we won, as long as it was COMPETITIVE. I couldn't care if we won, as long as I know we delivered our best from the stands and people want to see this team.

Look at those empty seats (before you question the prices), the prices can be justified, if we had one simple thing...WINS.

It is a proven a fact in almost every single sport and in almost all cases...winning fills stadiums.

1992/1993 Blue Jays vs. present day Blue Jays winning vs. mediocracy. full stadium vs. 15,000 ppl

BC101
I need a new hobby.
KD.
:hump: with hope in your heart and you'll never walk aloneeeeeeeeee you'll never walk alone.

jazzy
+1...
and Garcia's still yellin at people, like he's a 6' all star centre-back..

noone should blame the coach, I like him, did DeRo and JDG actaully play or did the announcers forget their names?

Shakes McQueen
09-15-2010, 11:42 PM
haha yes, well, the remainder of the season is likely to feel like one.

One of those painful ones where you have to clutch the wall and do breathing exercises, haha.

- Scott

gmacpheetfc
09-15-2010, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM&feature=youtu.be

king dave
09-15-2010, 11:45 PM
And Dick Pettie has the gall to tear into the Toronto Mayoral candidates for lacking vision?
Fuck Pettie. He is one of the main offenders in this MLSE debacle.
Keep filling your pockets with all our hard earned dollars and not give a fucking whiff about the quality of product you are peddling.
KD.

WHITEY
09-15-2010, 11:48 PM
winning is everything. The stands have begun to start to suck!

Don't you remember when you were proud to say TFC was your team. Don't you remember when you were overpacked in the bottom of 112 or it was impossible to see an empty seat. What happened to these people, we were promised progression, we expected improvements, we thought after wins and they have not come and this has to be the way we play, we get slaughtered all over the place. I couldn't care if we won, as long as it was COMPETITIVE. I couldn't care if we won, as long as I know we delivered our best from the stands and people want to see this team.

Look at those empty seats (before you question the prices), the prices can be justified, if we had one simple thing...WINS.

It is a proven a fact in almost every single sport and in almost all cases...winning fills stadiums.

1992/1993 Blue Jays vs. present day Blue Jays winning vs. mediocracy. full stadium vs. 15,000 ppl

I'm gonna be totally honest here if I can. If somebody asked/asks me who my team is my first reaction to that is Chelsea FC then TFC just being honest.

ag futbol
09-15-2010, 11:52 PM
I am sick and tired of hoping an attractive style of football will win in North America. We can't produce it.

It's been one game, lol.

The whole defensive thing is short-sighted. You can grind out results and dress up a bad team playing Preki ball but ultimately you're getting nowhere.

Before we even start debating the merits of playing a certain style we should at least have a solid roster. Because there is no formation available that will hide how bad this team is.

king dave
09-15-2010, 11:57 PM
2 things better happen over the off season.
1. The right coaches.
2. The right players.

Now those 2 things hinge on the MLSE ultimately.
God help us.
Another rag-tag team put together in Feb./March 2011 with another lame ass MLS reject for coach.
You heard it here first kids.
KD.

WHITEY
09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
KD For General Manager!

jazzy
09-16-2010, 12:04 AM
And Dick Pettie has the gall to tear into the Toronto Mayoral candidates for lacking vision?
Fuck Pettie. He is one of the main offenders in this MLSE debacle.
Keep filling your pockets with all our hard earned dollars and not give a fucking whiff about the quality of product you are peddling.
KD.

He of course is the BOSS......smell teacher's union anyone....it'll never change ....look at the money maker called Real Sports Sports Bar...etc, he makes $$$, hand over fist........that is ALL that matters...... am I a fool? yes but I will support the team, at least 1 more year.....It is a year of reckoning.....you are of course 100% right.......but the business of sports necessitates a owner with deep pockets.........

Azerban
09-16-2010, 12:08 AM
a wise man once said everything happens twice, first as tragedy and then as farce

dunno which one this is

jazzy
09-16-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm gonna be totally honest here if I can. If somebody asked/asks me who my team is my first reaction to that is Chelsea FC then TFC just being honest.

fair but......I live in Toronto and will do my best to stand behind my only home club..TFC.......Arsenal is simply the class of the world..and shows me how to play the game as a team....BUT my home club again, is TFC for better or deep deep depression.........

J .
09-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Its the same story. We need to build a defense first culture here and attack with speed on the counter.

Yeah lets play this flowing sexy soccer that gets us obliterated year after year. At least it was entertaining to watch four goals get pumped in. Fuck that. Our backline was in disarray and attacked way to easily, we tried to push the ball up to who, OBrian White? Seriously? Whats with this conceding of fouls in retarded areas?

There is no accountability with this lot of players. JDG hasnt shown up all season. Shits on the coach and disappears? Mista a stupid act? Pure clownery. Lets enjoy while the inmates run around BMO, its no longer a fortress but an asylum.

WHITEY
09-16-2010, 12:15 AM
fair but......I live in Toronto and will do my best to stand behind my only home club..TFC.......Arsenal is simply the class of the world..and shows me how to play the game as a team....BUT my home club again, is TFC for better or deep deep depression.........

Dude outside of Toronto this team is a laughing stalk! Choose to believe it or not but it is and I for one am fucking embarrassed of the fucking antics of this team. I work fucking hard for my money and my hard earned dollars are going to pay for season tickets year in year out fuck the last few matches I couldn't even GIVE away my tickets for FREE!

Borga
09-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I think you guys are letting the end result overshadow what happened during the game. To wit:

- OBW, though he set up Santos' goal, blew two real nice opportunities not long after that.
- The team did show some offensive spark at times, Mista looked alive and made a real nice setup in the 45 seconds that he played.
- Toronto should have gone up 2-0, the ref raped us on missing the handball call.
- RSL should not have scored the 2nd goal, which was clearly offside.

I know it's easy to complain about the red card and Garcia being a useless asshole, but to me it's all irrelevant because the game was completely different from what it SHOULD have been if the ref didn't fuck up those calls in the first half. Sure it's a cop out to blame it on the ref, but I didn't see him giftwrapping anything for us like he did for RSL.

J .
09-16-2010, 12:23 AM
- OBW, though he set up Santos' goal, blew two real nice opportunities not long after that.

He is garbage. Worst pick in TFC in history. Him and Saric blew the first goal.

Darlofletch
09-16-2010, 12:44 AM
It's been one game, lol.

The whole defensive thing is short-sighted. You can grind out results and dress up a bad team playing Preki ball but ultimately you're getting nowhere.

Before we even start debating the merits of playing a certain style we should at least have a solid roster. Because there is no formation available that will hide how bad this team is.

if only Preki had been given that chance.

Darlofletch
09-16-2010, 12:56 AM
random thoughts.

Loved the fact that after all preki's moaning about bad bounces and not getting the breaks, it took dasovic 8 minutes to have a goal absolutely gift wrapped. very amusing.

If White had any kind of goal scoring instinct, we'd have been looking really good.

What the fuck was Mista thinking, we were looking good after he came on, then he went and did that. dp-tastic.

I liked that we started with a more attacking line up, and went with attacking subs after we were down.

Without the help from a defensive system, Garcia's back to being a liability.

4-1 was misleading, we should have had a penalty, white should have scored, their 2nd was offside, and it was only after we went down to 10 men that they started ripping us a new one. Having said that, frei made a shitload of good saves.

peterson was much better today, looked a lot more confident and direct, actually taking people on and putting in decent crosses.

was expecting much more of a fuck you preki preformance from de ro and de guz and the whole team really.

loved the trophies not friendlies banner.

Not really surprised we lost this game, but that goal differnece is going to kill us, more than likely cruz azul and rsl will win again next week, they'll be on 9, we'll be on 3, and with a massively inferior goal difference, and those last two home games will be pointless. Makes me really angry about Preki's lineup and tactics for the arabe unido game. I'm not saying we should have beaten them 6-0 like cruz azul did, but we should definitely have got the win there.

and also I'm going to pimp my blog, cruel geography (http://www.cruelgeography.com/), when supporting the local team means a lifetime of rarely alleviated struggle and misery, as that subheading just seems to get more and more a propos by the day.

Brooker
09-16-2010, 01:25 AM

and it has boiled over

lol this is what you reminded me of

q6tKgER5X_g

DichioTFC
09-16-2010, 02:22 AM
After today's game, nobody should have the captain's armband. The players need to become accountable.

Pookie
09-16-2010, 06:03 AM
r
4-1 was misleading, we should have had a penalty, white should have scored, their 2nd was offside, and it was only after we went down to 10 men that they started ripping us a new one. Having said that, frei made a shitload of good saves.

Re: RSL's 2nd Goal

Those with the PVR on this game need to take another look at it.

The player who scores was #4 and while a few of their guys were in an offside position, #4 was actually onside.

I mention #4 because it was our own #4 that stumbled backwards into the wall of RSL players to put their #4 onside.

Now you could argue that the other players that were in an offside position actively participated in the play in a way that interfered with our ability to defend. Therefore, it should have been "no goal."

But there is an argument that Frei or the nearest defender wasn't impeded as the defenders were not near the ball and Frei couldn't have made a play to collect it nor was his sight impeded on the play.

Fun to be a Ref eh?

Pookie
09-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Can't wait to see the game plan that Coach DeRo and Coach JDG come up with for next game.

swan
09-16-2010, 06:12 AM
how was it offside.. i don't think it was at all

DichioTFC
09-16-2010, 06:25 AM
^ Who gives a shit if it was offside? We shouldn't be in a position where our post-game discussions consist of phantom calls or borderline calls.

Shots on Goal: 12 to 3 for RSL
Possession: 57% RSL
Fouls: 17 to 4 for TFC

Bottom line: If we didn't have Frei or Cann, this could easily have been the worst loss of the season, which is saying a lot.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-16-2010, 06:49 AM
we definitely got fucked by the ref. no surprise. i wonder if thatll ever stop. prob not.
also are people that delusional that we'd turn into Barcelona just cuz Mo and Preki are gone? Dasovic (whos never coached first team in the MLS) has had a day and a half ot organize the team, even then we are playing one of, if not the best team in our league, away at high altitudes (if im not mistaken).

Pinkie
09-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Shots on Goal: 12 to 3 for RSL
Possession: 57% RSL
Fouls: 17 to 4 for TFC

seriously. who cares that we got fucked over by two non-calls..the stats speak for themselves. we were shit.

Workie
09-16-2010, 07:14 AM
seriously. who cares that we got fucked over by two non-calls..the stats speak for themselves. we were shit.

+1!

Sums it up.

phonzo
09-16-2010, 07:23 AM

/nod...

playing arguably our best line-up on paper to boot

prizby
09-16-2010, 07:32 AM
It's been one game, lol.

1 game under a new manager, but this shit has been happening ALL season, stemming to last year as well and those bush league marvell wynne handballs that conviently always go against us, but never get called the other way when they happen!

as i stated before, yeah we did get fucked over, yeah we still probably would have lost the game, but the point, the fact, the problem is WE CONTINUALLY GET FUCKED OVER

Phil
09-16-2010, 07:45 AM
I understand the reaction, but seriously, everyone wants Mo and Preki gone, its been done and that wont fix the core issues that are broken in the team overnight.

It is going to take time. Daso had 1 practice.

It going to be a very intresting off season in terms of the restructure and even then it will take time. We were on a 5 year plan that wasnt there. At least there is something to build off of now.

Davenport
09-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Can't wait to see the game plan that Coach DeRo and Coach JDG come up with for next game.

Overpaid tossers.

They shouldn't forget they were brought in by an inept manager.

Can the players be sacked as well ?

sulfur
09-16-2010, 07:53 AM
It wasn't. Santos was behind the ball the whole time. When you're past the second last defender, then it's the position of the ball that is the only important thing.

Kaz
09-16-2010, 08:06 AM
so everyone is surprised that the team wasn't able to find their form in 3 days? Daso as given the coaching job after they flew, there really hasn't been any time for them to really start working togeather in a real way and undo what Preki did up front and in the middle, and maintain what he did in the back.

I don't know if there is enough time in the rest of the season.. but we have what 6 games left to find form and produce results.. It's doable if the boys work hard and want to prove them selves.

CCL was always going to be hard to get out of... didn't expect a win last night, hoped for a draw, but new the potential outcome was going to be a loss.

Give the boys a couple of days to train with Daso running the show, let things calm down and see what happens.

Then lets all get on a plane fly to where ever the CONCACAF suits are and have a hooligan style sit in till they get decent refs... we may have lost but at least call a decent fucking game.

Section 117
09-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Pookie - your description of the goal is correct but... The passive offised rule doesn't apply in that situation as the ball was crossed into the direction where the players were offside even if the player that scored was on side.

This is a subjetcive call IMO it was the wrong call TFC or not. Does this make the any difference no, but my question is even at home we don't get these kind of calls or any calls for that matter WTF.

To all the posters are having go at Dero, JDG, Daso etc... WTF do you expect from them? I don't get it you wanted Mo's head we got it. People started to realize that Prekiball was as exciting to watch as paint dry wanted him gone and he was fired WTF do you people expect???

They are not going to turn into Barcelona or Arsenal over night. The squad was built by a drunk who had no clue what he was doing. We have 8 games left including CCL. I expect to win 3 of those games anything more is bonus. The squad is filled with plumbers who lack soccer IQ, who would be lucky to be on a roster let alone starting in MLS. By the way watching White makes me think I rather have Lomabrdo.

Rome wasn't built in a day and not much will change until the offseason. Hopefully we sign the right person to lead the squad into future and build it properly. IMO the core of this team is there so be patient as what is another 6 months before we starting going off the deep end. The season is done and September 14 ,2010 was the begining of new era for TFC and we will get the product on the field that we deserve.

Hooligan69
09-16-2010, 08:08 AM
so everyone is surprised that the team wasn't able to find their form in 3 days?

Not really. The only thing that surprises me is the consistently awful officiating.

Oldtimer
09-16-2010, 08:13 AM
They are not going to turn into Barcelona or Arsenal over night. The squad was built by a drunk who had no clue what he was doing. We have 8 games left including CCL. I expect to win 3 of those games anything more is bonus. The squad is filled with plumbers who lack soccer IQ, who would be lucky to be on a roster let alone starting in MLS. By the way watching White makes me think I rather have Lomabrdo.

Even Arsene Wenger couldn't make this group of plumbers win games.

Remember, at Chivas, they had to get rid of Preki's signings in order to build the squad properly. They dumped a lot of their players when he was fired.

ManUtd4ever
09-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I think you guys are letting the end result overshadow what happened during the game. To wit:

- The team did show some offensive spark at times, Mista looked alive and made a real nice setup in the 45 seconds that he played.
- Toronto should have gone up 2-0, the ref raped us on missing the handball call.
- RSL should not have scored the 2nd goal, which was clearly offside.

I know it's easy to complain about the red card and Garcia being a useless asshole, but to me it's all irrelevant because the game was completely different from what it SHOULD have been if the ref didn't fuck up those calls in the first half. Sure it's a cop out to blame it on the ref, but I didn't see him giftwrapping anything for us like he did for RSL.

random thoughts.

Loved the fact that after all preki's moaning about bad bounces and not getting the breaks, it took dasovic 8 minutes to have a goal absolutely gift wrapped. very amusing.

If White had any kind of goal scoring instinct, we'd have been looking really good.

What the fuck was Mista thinking, we were looking good after he came on, then he went and did that. dp-tastic.

I liked that we started with a more attacking line up, and went with attacking subs after we were down.

Without the help from a defensive system, Garcia's back to being a liability.

peterson was much better today, looked a lot more confident and direct, actually taking people on and putting in decent crosses.

was expecting much more of a fuck you preki preformance from de ro and de guz and the whole team really.

loved the trophies not friendlies banner.

Not really surprised we lost this game, but that goal differnece is going to kill us, more than likely cruz azul and rsl will win again next week, they'll be on 9, we'll be on 3, and with a massively inferior goal difference, and those last two home games will be pointless. Makes me really angry about Preki's lineup and tactics for the arabe unido game. I'm not saying we should have beaten them 6-0 like cruz azul did, but we should definitely have got the win there.

and also I'm going to pimp my blog, cruel geography (http://www.cruelgeography.com/), when supporting the local team means a lifetime of rarely alleviated struggle and misery, as that subheading just seems to get more and more a propos by the day.

I have to agree with these posts. It's very unfortunate that the game spiraled out of control after Mista's red card. Until that point I honestly thought TFC deserved to be level with RSL. In fact, if the ref had any clue last night TFC could have had a 2-1 lead to start the 2nd half. Unfortunately, once TFC was down to 10 men, Garcia's penalty and a comedy of errors made the final scoreline embarassing.

It's a shame because for the first 65 minutes last night TFC looked more dangerous in a road game than they had in quite some time despite poor performances from JDG and DeRo...

JonO
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM
But there is an argument that Frei or the nearest defender wasn't impeded as the defenders were not near the ball and Frei couldn't have made a play to collect it nor was his sight impeded on the play.
Personally I think that's a poor interpretation of the rule (and we see it a lot - not just in this game). If the offside player is anywhere near the ball or the direction the ball is being played, he is affecting play because the defender/keeper has to play the whistle. There is no way the keeper/defenders should be expected to determine who is part of the play.

The play should always be offside, unless the offfside player is not part of the play, and not simply because they didn't touch the ball (as per 117's comments below).

Pookie - your description of the goal is correct but... The passive offised rule doesn't apply in that situation as the ball was crossed into the direction where the players were offside even if the player that scored was on side.

J .
09-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Sorry guys, but this game was a whole new level of shit. The gaps between the midfield and defenders were ridiculous. The communication non existant.

They were playing more selfish than they normally do. That was supposedly the attractive football, pushing it forward... It was horrible to watch. That was Sunday football in the park type game.

Dasovic pulled a CSA type inside job wit DeRo and JDG, very similiar to the NT.

DeRo and JDG, are the supposed drivers of the club, we go so far as they go. Where are they? Haha, good for Daso to weasel into the job, maybe he gave DeRo and JDG oranges at half for their effort.

This is ridiculousness. Fuck those idiots. They got what they wanted and shit the bed, again. Get these clowns a matching set of depends.

I am not blaming the ref or anything. They got good calls on saturday and still came up shitty. Its on the players and their new player friendly coach, if that was their new style, then I might as well tape myself playing and watch that.

TFC_Central
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM

uh, look at the replay, the ball is played forward. OB and santos were even.

Keystone FC
09-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I am completely tired of watching this shit right now. Yeah we probably would have lost either way, but this is getting to no end.

Whether it is the bullshit, bush league red cards, or the penalties outside of the boxes, or the dives being called fouls or just generally the uneven balance that we have to deal with almost game in and game out. We are being cheated. This would have no point if you look back over the time and say well ok its about 50/50 in terms of bad calls either way...IT IS NOT...try 80/20 or even 90/10 might best attest to it AND I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!

The fact of the matter is TFC have been fucked around with so much by other teams antics and one sided, clearly unprofessional refereeing that by playing a clean, tasteful style that we all love is NEVER going to produce any bloody results in this league, or super liga, or champions league, or even the NCC come a few years down the road.

Here is where most of you will go with the :picard:.

But bere with me for a second.

What if we had a team of divers.
What if we had a team of simulators.
What if we had a team of complete whiny little babies.

99.9% of us probably wouldn't like this.

BUT

What if we started to win games...convincingly.

What if hand balls in the box started to get called in favour of TFC.

What if fouls outside of the box led to penalties.

WHAT IF WE WERE MLS CHAMPIONS.

Would you complain then?

Time for a revolution, bring on the divers, I am sick and tired of LOSING!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

and it has boiled over

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

I have been saying this since last year and finally people are waking up to the fact that we don't play in the EPL, we don't play in the SPL, we play in the 'MF' MLS and this is how you win.

Chicago got a point from us casue NONE of their back line could challenge for a header without coming down to the ground and writhing in pain. I think it was...what 23 fouls on us and 7 on the Fire? Sounds more like a CONCACAF match.
The Crew got to the MLS Cup by...FLOPPING...I know I was AT the MLS Eastern Final that year.
Look at what happened last night. RSL flopped like pros and I mean that in a good way. They didn't fall over everytime but knew just when to embellish a foul to draw a free kick or even a....Red card.
These are tactics practiced in every league (maybe not J League but I'm there are a few divers): embellishment, time waisting, arguing, etc...
Do we need better players..yeah...but what good is a world class striker when he can't get the ball because the other team goes down everytime one of them gets near us.

Juanito
09-16-2010, 08:44 AM
It's interesting. Although the firings were welcomed almost unanimously, the timing has been bad. The four weeks will determine our league and CL position, and with a new coach, it may be hard to undo all the bad habits that these players have. We can't count out the fact that this team was not set up to play offensive-minded football ... just boring, Greek-style, park-the-bus football.

If I were a betting man, I'd be betting that we miss the playoffs (we come in 10th) and we come in 3rd in the Champions League. I just can't see one man taking a team that seems to have given up on themselves and making them winners.

Juanito
09-16-2010, 08:47 AM
I for one want to put De Rosasio and De Gúzman under the microscope over the winter. I am NOT convinced these guys have what it takes to make us into winners. We can only blame the gaffer so much.

TFC Cityboy
09-16-2010, 08:49 AM
I understand the reaction, but seriously, everyone wants Mo and Preki gone, its been done and that wont fix the core issues that are broken in the team overnight.

It going to be a very intresting off season in terms of the restructure and even then it will take time. We were on a 5 year plan that wasnt there. At least there is something to build off of now.

With our league position and being up against Cruz Azul and RSL in the CCL, I expect to miss the play-offs (since the draw in Chicago) and thanks to Preki throwing the game at Arabe Unido, miss CCL too.
Any positives that come out of the remainder of the season are a bonus- eg beating Columbus!

Big picture time, folks...we wanted Mo/preki out and we got it.
Don't judge the future of TFC on what you see between now and the end of the season.

reggie
09-16-2010, 09:04 AM
wake me up when this nightmare is over..

SmokedPanda
09-16-2010, 09:04 AM
If they had just scored the winning goal then all would have been good. Clearly they can not score unless it's off of a mistake by the opponent. Shots on net we're something like 12 to 3 so ball possession was very poor as well.

This team needs a huge rebuild like with that other MLSE crown jewel product or all of their products. Hopefully by 2012 we will field a solid team and make the playoffs by then if all goes right.

Keystone FC
09-16-2010, 09:11 AM
wake me up when this nightmare is over..
You need to change your board name then...may I suggest:
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Health/Images/rip-van-winkle-cover.jpg

grizzle
09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Pretty sure that everytime Garcia plays we lose. Just sayin.

dow117
09-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Just to clarify, the back breaking goal #2 was offside. The scorer was not offside but At least 2 RSL players were in an offside position. Even though they did not impede the play' they interfered with the play just by being there causing a distraction. This is a conept that eludes MLS refs ... like TFC, they are just not good enough. Same as in Dallas, the guy on the breakaway was not offside, but Cunninham was in an offside position when the play first broke ... by passing to Cunnigham who scored coming from an offside position , the goal should not have stood.
The moral here is that there will always be this poor officiating in MLS where there are no assistant referees ; only linesman and game changing calls will be the norm. Therefore, suck it up and score more goals than the other guy to make up for it !!

nascarguy
09-16-2010, 09:49 AM
that game was so bad the player's and the refs suck. I had to stop watching the game after 1-3 thank god the bar had UFC on. I'm not watching the next 2 tfc away games on tv.

Belfast_Boy
09-16-2010, 09:58 AM

agreed!

yes calls were missed, but at the end of the day we didn't score more than they did. we were shit.

TOBOR !
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM

FAIL

nascarguy
09-16-2010, 10:05 AM
I fell so sorry for you ...lol you really should get a better team like liverpool.....lol:drinking::D

Roogsy
09-16-2010, 10:22 AM

Considering all the media interviewing and the behind-the-scenes action from the past few days...did Daso even have that??? :noidea:

As for the players...not sure what you guys are expecting out there. This is still Preki's team out there playing Preki-ball. You just can't switch overnight you know...geez.

Carts
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
My pre-game prediction, prior to the Mo/Preki firings was 3-0 RSL...

We still lost by 3, but at least we scored...

Carts...

J .
09-16-2010, 10:34 AM
:facepalm:

Considering all the media interviewing and the behind-the-scenes action from the past few days...did Daso even have that??? :noidea:

As for the players...not sure what you guys are expecting out there. This is still Preki's team out there playing Preki-ball. You just can't switch overnight you know...geez.

Did you even watch the game?

Lets give them more excuses.

That wasnt Preki ball. Preki didnt want his team to press up leaving massive gaps between the defenders and midfield. They are pushing the ball forward to who, OBW?

Did you watch the game?

Prekis undoing was his attacking players, DeRo, Mista, OBW and to an extent JDG, have done fuck all since July and with Barrett injured there was no one else other than DeRo to score, which he hasn't.

What did you want Preki to do, suit up and score goals for those idiots?

They through the bit and now they need time to gel and learn a system they played last year and was an epic failure.

Yup definately the lack of practice. Obviously not the players fault.

Darlofletch
09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Judging dasovic's regime after one game and two days in charge would be absolutely ridiculous.

I liked his attacking intent, but our talent was once again exposed, just like preki didn't have a good enough squad yet, for which he certainly shares the blame, neither does Dasovic.

Problem is, rather than being halfway through the rebuild, new gm and coach whoever they are will start us all over again. Let's hope we can build something good for 2012.

v00d00daddy
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Getting rid of the coach at this stage of the season and still expecting results for the remainder of the season is fucking plain stupid.

Anybody who expects this team to be better with NO coach (which is what Dasovic is) than with Preki for the remainder of the season is fucked in the head.

Sorry to say.

This team is run by the players. That's what I consider Dasovic anyway. Nothing more than a former player who played quite a bit with the most important guys on this team.

There is no reason for optimism here. Not for the rest of this year at least.

I hope people were entertained last night.

Feels like year 1 all over again. lol

scooterTFC
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Yesterday we lost a road game to RSL. They are the defending MLS cup champions. They are undefeated at home in 12 months. Their home stadium is 4300 ft above sea level. I’m disappointed that the team lost, but I’m not surprised. Right now there’s a very low probability of any ‘lowlands’ team beating a very good RSL team at their home stadium, at that altitude. Saturday’s homes loss to last place DC United was a disaster, last night’s loss was disappointing and the scoreline was brutal. But its just a loss and not a damming statement about the players or the new coach.

Last nights game had some brutal moments. But I also saw potential on the field, there were some things I liked and I hope we see more of this year:

1. We played an attacked oriented formation and generated early chances. That was the right game plan playing against a home team at altitude.

2. I like seeing the formation that had JDG as the lone DM vs Preki’s two DM formation. JDG is really suited to this type of formation. He has great range defensively and he saw more of the ball when we were in possession. His ability to handle the center of the pitch going both ways allows us to have an extra attacker. This is why he’s s special player, and this how we need to use him.

3. Mista came on at the 60 min, we were trailing by one goal and were playing this line-up/formation:
-------------Frei--------------
Gargan-Harden-Cann-Garcia
-----------JDG---------------
Lindsey----Mista----Dero
----Santos---OBW-------
That’s the kind of lineup you want to see from a coach when the team needs to press for a goal. Ok so it didn’t work out for us yesterday but I admire the coach’s determination. I’d rather see us go down guns blazing pressing for the equalizer. Can somebody please tell me why Preki brought on Nane in the 2nd half vs DC United? I’m convinced he was trying to preserve the one goal loss.

reggie
09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
i refuse to watch them on the road...how did lindsey look?

nascarguy
09-16-2010, 11:09 AM
i refuse to watch them on the road...how did lindsey look?
he got a yellow card

Thrillos
09-16-2010, 11:11 AM
I am amazed how negative everyone is with that game. Like previous people said, daso had basically no training with the team to get them on page with what he wanted, he would have had to explain it. Most likely on game day. I thought up until the shit hit the fan, from the ref throwing it up into the fan, I thought we were playing pretty damn decent considering.

- We are playing probably the best team in the league at there stadium where they are unbeaten in what? a year and a half now????

- Daso had no time to prepare

Another thing is the hate towards De Guz, I thought he was one of our better players on the field, he was giving great needle threading passes, providing outlet passes for everyone one of the 4 on the back line as well as our midfield wingers. He regained control several times during an RSL attack and also kept possession when other players gave him no outlet. Yes he lost the ball a couple times, but even the best players in the world lose the ball several times in a game.

People need to stop thinking that because he fucks up a couple passes and loses possession a few times in a game he completely fucked up that game. Everyone is expecting that he completes every pass and breaks up every play coming through.

Dero, on the other hand did not have a good game, which is ok in my eyes because everyone is entitled to a bad game once in a while, and like someone said before, he is the one guy our opponents worry about.

On to further positives that make me excited for the Houston game is that up until the previously mentioned clusterfuck of those 5-10 minutes that screwed us. I thought we were playing good decent football. We finally had some fucking width. And i throw fucking in there because lets get serious prekiball had not width at all, and if you noticed the reason we have been on this unbeaten stretch is because other teams realized that clogging up the middle of the pitch elimantes any and all of our outlet passes.

Peterson actually looked somewhat worth his money on the wing, giving some great crosses that were right in the strike zone of on the top of the 6 yard box.

The only downsides I saw to this game, were that OBW just couldn't wrap his foot around the ball, and I would have loved to see a Santos, Barret start to the game with a Mista coming on later like he did.

The major downside like its been all god damn season is Garcia. How the rest of the team hasn't told him to shut the fuck up while he is constantly yapping and seemingly barking orders is beyond me. The amount of times we pulled up for the offside trap with him standing looking for dandelions on the pitch was countless. And on the last goal, i mean how far back can you be from your man on the counter attack, he left Cann with trying to cover 2 guys on that cross.

Garcia should not see the pitch again for the rest of this season

Gargan/Usanov - Attakora/Harden - Cann - Harden/Attakora/Gargan

Those are the only players that should be playing those positions, barring any injuries of course.

Beach_Red
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Yesterday we lost a road game to RSL. They are the defending MLS cup champions. They are undefeated at home in 12 months. Their home stadium is 4300 ft above sea level. I’m disappointed that the team lost, but I’m not surprised. Right now there’s a very low probability of any ‘lowlands’ team beating a very good RSL team at their home stadium, at that altitude. Saturday’s homes loss to last place DC United was a disaster, last night’s loss was disappointing and the scoreline was brutal. But its just a loss and not a damming statement about the players or the new coach.

Okay, but it was an incredibly stupid decision to make this game the first one for the new coach.

What was the plan here? What message was being sent to the players and the fans by firing people and dropping the new guy in right before a game that you admit was pretty much unwinnable? And saying at the press conference, "We think we can still make the playoffs."

Thrillos
09-16-2010, 11:19 AM
^

Because that wasn't a playoff implication game....

Darlofletch
09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
I am amazed how negative everyone is with that game. Like previous people said, daso had basically no training with the team to get them on page with what he wanted, he would have had to explain it. Most likely on game day. I thought up until the shit hit the fan, from the ref throwing it up into the fan, I thought we were playing pretty damn decent considering.

- We are playing probably the best team in the league at there stadium where they are unbeaten in what? a year and a half now????

Another thing is the hate towards De Guz, I thought he was one of our better players on the field, he was giving great needle threading passes, providing outlet passes for everyone one of the 4 on the back line as well as our midfield wingers. He regained control several times during an RSL attack and also kept possession when other players gave him no outlet. Yes he lost the ball a couple times, but even the best players in the world lose the ball several times in a game.

People need to stop thinking that because he fucks up a couple passes and loses possession a few times in a game he completely fucked up that game. Everyone is expecting that he completes every pass and breaks up every play coming through.

Dero, on the other hand did not have a good game, which is ok in my eyes because everyone is entitled to a bad game once in a while, and like someone said before, he is the one guy our opponents worry about.

On to further positives that make me excited for the Houston game is that up until the previously mentioned clusterfuck of those 5-10 minutes that screwed us. I thought we were playing good decent football. We finally had some fucking width. And i throw fucking in there because lets get serious prekiball had not width at all, and if you noticed the reason we have been on this unbeaten stretch is because other teams realized that clogging up the middle of the pitch elimantes any and all of our outlet passes.

Peterson actually looked somewhat worth his money on the wing, giving some great crosses that were right in the strike zone of on the top of the 6 yard box.

The only downsides I saw to this game, were that OBW just couldn't wrap his foot around the ball, and I would have loved to see a Santos, Barret start to the game with a Mista coming on later like he did.

The major downside like its been all god damn season is Garcia. How the rest of the team hasn't told him to shut the fuck up while he is constantly yapping and seemingly barking orders is beyond me. The amount of times we pulled up for the offside trap with him standing looking for dandelions on the pitch was countless. And on the last goal, i mean how far back can you be from your man on the counter attack, he left Cann with trying to cover 2 guys on that cross.

Those are the only players that should be playing those positions, barring any injuries of course.

agree with pretty much all of that.

ManUtd4ever
09-16-2010, 11:40 AM

Excellent post. Although JDG wasn't terrible he needs to be at the top of his game for this team to succeed. As for DeRo, he had a very uncharacteristic perfromance last night...

scooterTFC
09-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Okay, but it was an incredibly stupid decision to make this game the first one for the new coach.

What was the plan here? What message was being sent to the players and the fans by firing people and dropping the new guy in right before a game that you admit was pretty much unwinnable? And saying at the press conference, "We think we can still make the playoffs."

I disagree the timing was accpetable and justified. Last night's game was for Champions League Group play not MLS. Because of the our the unfavourable distribution of home games in our Champions League schedule, our advancement hinged on the getting a draw/win in Panama as the RSL/Cruz Azul road games were always 'no hopers'. Losing in Panama basically eliminated us from the group because of the 3 road games.

jloome
09-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Don't think the score reflected the game, until the sending off.

It was pretty even up until then. We got jobbed on their first goal, the replay of the PK shows the crappy tackle was right on the line (and johnson basically flew into the box) sp it could've been a free kick instead of a PK.

I think people here are seriously overreacting. We actually looked like we had a strike partnership last night. We had some danger, some movement. The backline was not great, but we knew about our left back's frailties before the game started. Harden looked pretty good.

To me, that's a 1-1 or 2-1 game for RSL that gets out of hand due to some dubious ref'ing.

17 fouls to 4? Are you joking?

jloome
09-16-2010, 11:45 AM

Good take on the whole thing.

Beach_Red
09-16-2010, 11:48 AM
I disagree the timing was accpetable and justified. Last night's game was for Champions League Group play not MLS. Because of the our the unfavourable distribution of home games in our Champions League schedule, our advancement hinged on the getting a draw/win in Panama as the RSL/Cruz Azul road games were always 'no hopers'. Losing in Panama basically eliminated us from the group because of the 3 road games.

Okay, I'll buy that. Still, maybe firing everyone after the game in Panama would have been better. There may actually be a plan in place but it doesn't look like it.

Blizzard
09-16-2010, 01:06 PM

For those obviously new to the internet, that little winkie thing ... you know, this one ;) signifies that he is kidding et al, he was making a joke.

This smiley signifies something else! :facepalm:

Blizzard
09-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Part-time supporter. Your ticket shold be revoked! :scarf:

Blizzard
09-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Ah yes, the game in which Preki decide to screw TFC even before he was fired.

J .
09-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Ah yes, the game in which Preki decide to screw TFC even before he was fired.

LOL he wasnt trying to screw TFC, he was trying to save legs for a run to the MLS playoffs which many supporter think is the priority.

volunteer
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
hahahahaha the hate hard-on that some of you ppl have for Preki is hilarious. if tfc somehow miraculously won this game, i'm sure many of you apologizing for the team would instead be attributing it to Preki's expulsion

sulfur
09-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Same as in Dallas, the guy on the breakaway was not offside, but Cunninham was in an offside position when the play first broke ... by passing to Cunnigham who scored coming from an offside position , the goal should not have stood.
Here your argument falls down.

Cunningham was standing in an offside position when the play broke -- yes. However, once the guy with the ball carried it past Cunningham, he put him back "onside". At that point, he made the pass over, and voila, Cunningham is not offside, because he's no longer in an offside position.

Thrillos
09-16-2010, 02:33 PM
^
Your right 100% but I actually thought cuntingham was in an offside postion again on the pass that he scored on. Which to me just adds to the list of reffing calls that go against us.

scooterTFC
09-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Okay, I'll buy that. Still, maybe firing everyone after the game in Panama would have been better. There may actually be a plan in place but it doesn't look like it.

You make a good point, that game was a disaster as well. However the the line-up for that game in Panama probably gives us a clue as to what the 'Plan' was. They started the B team in the most winnable road match we had in the group stage, a good indication that CCF was the second priority.

sulfur
09-16-2010, 03:56 PM
^
Your right 100% but I actually thought cuntingham was in an offside postion again on the pass that he scored on.
That may be true. I don't recall. I just remember rolling my eyes and wandering into the other room when it happened. :)

denime
09-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Lets give them more excuses.

That wasnt Preki ball. Preki didnt want his team to press up leaving massive gaps between the defenders and midfield. They are pushing the ball forward to who, OBW?

Prekis undoing was his attacking players, DeRo, Mista, OBW and to an extent JDG, have done fuck all since July and with Barrett injured there was no one else other than DeRo to score, which he hasn't.

What did you want Preki to do, suit up and score goals for those idiots?

They through the bit and now they need time to gel and learn a system they played last year and was an epic failure.

Yup definately the lack of practice. Obviously not the players fault.

Getting rid of the coach at this stage of the season and still expecting results for the remainder of the season is fucking plain stupid.

Anybody who expects this team to be better with NO coach (which is what Dasovic is) than with Preki for the remainder of the season is fucked in the head.

Sorry to say.

This team is run by the players. That's what I consider Dasovic anyway. Nothing more than a former player who played quite a bit with the most important guys on this team.

There is no reason for optimism here. Not for the rest of this year at least.

I hope people were entertained last night.

Feels like year 1 all over again. lol

hahahahaha the hate hard-on that some of you ppl have for Preki is hilarious. if tfc somehow miraculously won this game, i'm sure many of you apologizing for the team would instead be attributing it to Preki's expulsion

Since I'm lazy to write it down I will simply agree with the posters above.

This team is run by players and until those players are sent somewhere else no coach will have success with TFC.

Roogsy
09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
I love how this perception that the team is being "run by players" has caught on with absolutely NO FACTS whatsoever.

The irony is in fact hilarious when Wheeler came out with articles that Preki had bust-ups with Daso and with Mista, people dismissed it because there were no "facts" only circumstantial evidence. Here, there isn't even that, and yet we have come to the conclusion that the players are calling the shots. Just because they were happy the coach was fired.

How about the fact that he simply wasn't a good coach? Nah...that couldn't be it. :rolleyes:

jloome
09-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I love how this perception that the team is being "run by players" has caught on with absolutely NO FACTS whatsoever.

The irony is in fact hilarious when Wheeler came out with articles that Preki had bust-ups with Daso and with Mista, people dismissed it because there were no "facts" only circumstantial evidence. Here, there isn't even that, and yet we have come to the conclusion that the players are calling the shots. Just because they were happy the coach was fired.

How about the fact that he simply wasn't a good coach? Nah...that couldn't be it. :rolleyes:

Ah, but if someone liked him, then it MUST be a conspiracy. It couldn't just be that they're wrong.

Blizzard
09-16-2010, 06:37 PM

Agreed. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but acting as if that opinion is also hard fact is more than a little bit obtuse.

WHITEY
09-16-2010, 07:22 PM

Overpaid tossers.

They shouldn't forget they were brought in by an inept manager.

Can the players be sacked as well ?

HAHAHA fuck me the majority of the people on this board had the biggest fucking hard on's wanting DeRo and JDG here to the point that I swear some peeps may have jizzed on their monitors. Now the hard on's are gone and peeps want them gone. Jesus fuck this place kills me!

Brooker
09-16-2010, 08:00 PM
HAHAHA fuck me the majority of the people on this board had the biggest fucking hard on's wanting DeRo and JDG here to the point that I swear some peeps may have jizzed on their monitors. Now the hard on's are gone and peeps want them gone. Jesus fuck this place kills me!

Never thought I'd see the day people here would be calling our best player of all time a tosser. Supporters Club? Uh huh.

menefreghista
09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Never thought I'd see the day people here would be calling our best player of all time a tosser. Supporters Club? Uh huh.

I can't believe anyone would question De Rosario.

Without him the past 2 seasons we would have been the worst team in the league. Definitely this season playing Preki-ball.

sampace
09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
OBW is the second coming of Gerba in his first year. Perhaps if he works hard this off season he can turn it around, unfortunately for him I do not think he will be given a chance to turn anything around.

Shakes McQueen
09-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Ah, but if someone liked him, then it MUST be a conspiracy. It couldn't just be that they're wrong.

The word "fact" gets thrown around entirely too loosely.

- Scott

ag futbol
09-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Quick concept check here: Before the Mista red card where the game became a shit show, we got burned on two set pieces.

Who realistically deserves blame for those? I don't think our formation or our new coach has any role whatsoever over how we defended those.

So despite some peoples insistence our free wheeling going forward lead to last nights loss, I think we'd have given up those goals regardless and it certainly had nothing to do with Mista's stupidity.

Why? Because the players would have been the same, their actions would have been the same and frankly our set piece defending has sucked all year! It didn't just start with Dasovic.

nascarguy
09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm tired of the excuses that TFC has made from day one.

jloome
09-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Quick concept check here: Before the Mista red card where the game became a shit show, we got burned on two set pieces.

Who realistically deserves blame for those? I don't think our formation or our new coach has any role whatsoever over how we defended those.

So despite some peoples insistence our free wheeling going forward lead to last nights loss, I think we'd have given up those goals regardless and it certainly had nothing to do with Mista's stupidity.

Why? Because the players would have been the same, their actions would have been the same and frankly our set piece defending has sucked all year! It didn't just start with Dasovic.

True, but we got burned on one set piece. THe second was offside.

v00d00daddy
09-16-2010, 11:52 PM
True, but we got burned on one set piece. THe second was offside.

Yes. And we were literally GIFTED our only goal

Every other chance (which were few and at the start of the game) were shit away as usual.

So why exactly do people think we would have won this game if not for the bad calls against us.

RSL were going to score. It was a matter of time. If not for FREI they would have scored many more times over.

We didn't deserve to win this game. Regardless of the officiating.

jloome
09-17-2010, 01:00 AM

Every other chance (which were few and at the start of the game) were shit away as usual.

So why exactly do people think we would have won this game if not for the bad calls against us.

RSL were going to score. It was a matter of time. If not for FREI they would have scored many more times over.

You're posing a strawman. People aren't proposing that we won, they're saying the score wasn't indicative of mostof the game play, until we went down a man. pretty big difference.

J .
09-17-2010, 02:15 AM
You're posing a strawman. People aren't proposing that we won, they're saying the score wasn't indicative of mostof the game play, until we went down a man. pretty big difference.

Enjoy the Kool-Aid. Drink up.

Brooker
09-17-2010, 02:31 AM

uhh... you do realize what message board you're on, right?

this board is filled with speculation and once it gets speculated on enough times, it becomes fact. more often than not that is the case on this board. if i had a nickel for ever person who said "a little birdy told me" I'd have a shitload of nickels.

Roogsy
09-17-2010, 02:34 AM

Ah...the "kool-aid" argument. Always the debater's irrefutable catch-all! It's like a silver bullet for arguments. You won. We give up. This exceptional line of reasoning has no retort. :D

Roogsy
09-17-2010, 02:35 AM
uhh... you do realize what message board you're on, right?

this board is filled with speculation and once it gets speculated on enough times, it becomes fact. more often than not that is the case on this board. if i had a nickel for ever person who said "a little birdy told me" I'd have a shitload of nickels.

True...except if anyone has been paying attention, you can very well distinguish between people who are speculating out of their asses and those with real inside information.

Brooker
09-17-2010, 02:37 AM
True...except if anyone has been paying attention, you can very well distinguish between people who are speculating out of their asses and those with real inside information.

Must be nice because I can't.

Fort York Redcoat
09-17-2010, 07:10 AM

You're arguing the flip side of the same coin here. You can make an educated guess but you don't know the players actions would've been the same any more than those who think the result would've been closer without the red card. An educated guess is still a guess.

This is not a strawman argument by my definition. Simply putting words in people's mouths. That is, unless there's someone can be quoted saying we would've won.

Fort York Redcoat
09-17-2010, 07:13 AM

Haha. Kool-Aid drinkers and Chicken Littles, my friend.

Either you're too positive or too negative. It takes all kinds to have a conversation.

v00d00daddy
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM

I said, from the start, that it's just my opinion that the players are running the show. how could it be taken any other way than that?

I didn't know that I had to have "inside" info to post my opinion here. My bad.

maybe it's caught on because it makes sense to people.

Beach_Red
09-17-2010, 09:37 AM
I said, from the start, that it's just my opinion that the players are running the show. how could it be taken any other way than that?

I didn't know that I had to have "inside" info to post my opinion here. My bad.

maybe it's caught on because it makes sense to people.

We'll never know for sure, of course, but it doesmake sense to people. We've seen it with other teams from this organization and when there's very little leadership coming from the top it seems bound to happen.

I put a lot of the problems down to the initial mistake of hiring an inexperienced guy to run the team in the first place. Almost everything that has happened since (big turnover of players and coaches, dressing room problems, lack of cohesion, no consistent game plan etc., etc.,) has been depressingly predictable.