PDA

View Full Version : Preki Speaks...A Little

TFC Via Buffalo
09-15-2010, 04:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5576671/preki-no-regrets-being-fired-toronto-fc

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Preki sounds a bit bitter. Took a little jab at DeRo and JDG as well.

razor787
09-15-2010, 05:09 PM
He is probally going to blame it on him not being able to hire his own full team of assistants and such. I partially believe him, but at the same time, when you lose your job, you are always going to be rationalizing.

I did approve of what he had done while here. His last few games, where we lost, we were also down 2 strikers. Its tough to score goals if your top 2 strikers have both gotten injured.

Also, he makes it sound like it is Daso's fault he is gone. Doesnt sound like Daso much liked his coaching style.

v00d00daddy
09-15-2010, 05:13 PM
I hope he gives more of his side of the story some day...but I doubt it.

It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say about the state of this club.

DichioTFC
09-15-2010, 05:22 PM
When asked to respond to the comments of his former charges, Preki said: "I don't need to elaborate on the things that De Rosario and De Guzman said. You can see the work I've done with Chivas USA. It's a couple of Canadian guys making those comments. That's all I have to say about that."

Canada vs USA? Again?

Or Preki with bitter grapes?

I'm thinking the latter...

Azerban
09-15-2010, 05:26 PM
It's a couple of Canadian guys making those comments. That's all I have to say about that

fuck right off you cunt

TFC Via Buffalo
09-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Canada vs USA? Again?

I read that part and was like, oh boy, here we go. Canada vs USA again.

Just remember folks, some of us Yanks do love you guys. :canada:

dow117
09-15-2010, 05:41 PM
fuck right off you cunt

Ditto !!!

ArmenJBX
09-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Hmm..

This is kind of sad. Maybe a Canadian coach is really what's best for this team..

Fort York Redcoat
09-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Hmm..

This is kind of sad. Maybe a Canadian coach is really what's best for this team..

This. Let's not pigeonhole every..whatever Preki is as an asshole.

ArmenJBX
09-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I'm sure we always realized that Daso would one day become head coach or move on. I think the players have some respect for Daso and I honestly hope we start playing well.

We just have to wait and see tonight.

bgnewf
09-15-2010, 05:49 PM
fuck right off you cunt

:smile5:

dupont
09-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Preki always has an excuse for everything. I'm glad he is gone just so I don't have to fucking listen to him speak anymore.

Darlofletch
09-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Canada vs USA? Again?

Preki being bitter, and complaining about how Canadians are treated differently.

In the press conference, Anselmi said that they see a big reason for tfc's existence is to produce good canadian coaches and gm's, and i imagine that goes for players as well.

delightful sentiment, though I'd rather they ruthlessly concentrated on being a winning team, and hey if it helps canada as well that's cool, but obviosuly it's something that handcuffed preki's attempts to remake the team and staff as he wanted.

and obviously these canadians knew it as well, so they knew the club would have their back, not preki's, so why pay attention and work hard when things get tough, instead go over his head to management and force him out..

I can understand why he'd be a bit resentful.

TFC Cityboy
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
classless wanker. We're well rid

Pachuco
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
That's a bunch of bullshit Preki speaks of. Suggesting Canadian players get special treatment. WTF? Does anybody not remember what happened to Serioux and Gerba? Preki didn't want them, so they were gone. PREKI you're a lying sack of shit.

TFC07
09-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Preki being bitter, and complaining about how Canadians are treated differently.

In the press conference, Anselmi said that they see a big reason for tfc's existence is to produce good canadian coaches and gm's, and i imagine that goes for players as well.

delightful sentiment, though I'd rather they ruthlessly concentrated on being a winning team, and hey if it helps canada as well that's cool, but obviosuly it's something that handcuffed preki's attempts to remake the team and staff as he wanted.

and obviously these canadians knew it as well, so they knew the club would have their back, not preki's, so why pay attention and work hard when things get tough, instead go over his head to management and force him out..

I can understand why he'd be a bit resentful.

One of it being trying to get rid of DeRo and replace him with no talented player from lower leagues. :picard:

DichioTFC
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
I read that part and was like, oh boy, here we go. Canada vs USA again.

When are you going to become one of those Yanks?
;)

dupont
09-15-2010, 06:23 PM

Don't worry buddy! We love you! I've always thought of Buffalo as a suburb of Toronto anyways!
So you have dual-citizenship in my eyes! :canada:

FootieChick
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Preki said: "I don't need to elaborate on the things that De Rosario and De Guzman said. You can see the work I've done with Chivas USA. It's a couple of Canadian guys making those comments. That's all I have to say about that."

WOW! Douche BAG!!! Yeah a couple of very well respected Canadians you ignorant fuck!

ensco
09-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't spend much time on the "Canadian" thing. I don't think that's what he really means. Cann, Nana, he depended on those guys.

Just a wildass guess here....by "Canadian," I think he means "highest paid", "part of the marketing machine of the club, therefore protected by the FO", and "therefore they wouldn't listen to me, because the FO made me play them regardless"

Will it really be so different at the next stop, Preki? Won't there always be stars who want and get (and maybe even deserve) special treatment?

DichioTFC
09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
http://www.nickycakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/crybaby.png

Someone get Preki a fucking soother...

Red Rat
09-15-2010, 06:44 PM
JDG will have to thread lightly, next year it may come down in his face.

rr

No escupes al cielo por que en tu care va a caer..

Beach_Red
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't spend much time on the "Canadian" thing. I don't think that's what he really means. Cann, Nana, he depended on those guys.

Just a wildass guess here....by "Canadian," I think he means "highest paid", "part of the marketing machine of the club, therefore protected by the FO", and "therefore they wouldn't listen to me, because the FO made me play them regardless"

Will it really be so different at the next stop, Preki? Won't there always be stars who want and get (and maybe even deserve) special treatment?

Yes, this seems right - the article says he made some comments about MLSE, too, and it's unlikely he was complaining they wouldn't let him get a big-name DP. More likely they just insisted he keep the ones he had.

TFC Cityboy
09-15-2010, 08:06 PM
I look forward to the day Preki brings a team back to BMO...I'd be looking for a seat in row 1 behind the visitors' bench for that one!

James17930
09-15-2010, 08:56 PM
fuck right off you cunt

Very very ditto.

Pachuco
09-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Great question. Preki, if you were coaching LA, do you think you'd be allowed to bench Beckham?

That's exactly why Preki doesn't like expensive players, he wants player that will jump when he says how high.

Anyways, I'll be shocked and pleased if another team signs him in the MLS. It would be my pleasures to let the fucker have it the entire game. I will go as far as buying seats to his game as close as possible to him.

Super Cereal
09-15-2010, 08:58 PM
What a fucking piece of shit.

Fuck Preki.

supersaint
09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Just helps to justify my feelings towards him for the past few months. And we can thank Mo for signing the idiot

Shakes McQueen
09-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Pretty disappointed to see the cheap shot at our Canadian players. If this is what the relationships were like in the locker room, I'm glad to see him gone.

- Scott

Kaz
09-15-2010, 10:55 PM
I've never been a fan of Preki, but that kind of comment just makes me even more glad he is gone.

Glad to see both of them go.. I just hope Garcia goes with them..

I'd still like to see the boys turn things around and at least make the play offs.. the Quarter Finials of the CL is unlike with the shape of the team right now.

J .
09-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Guys, its the same old NT bullshit on TFC. Its always the coaches. Same thing happened in the qualifiers. Its the coach, not us bullshit.

Where has our two top players been in DeRo and JDG? Taking a piss while they bitch about how its not their fault.

These guys are the fucking clowns. Last year in NY. This year in DC and in RSL. Theres a pattern.

Hate all you want. Three different coaches, three similar outcomes. What are the constants?

BASE
09-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Preki leaves town .....with his daughter at DePaul University in Chicago tonight....

http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/sports/m-soccer/recaps/091510aaa.html

Kevvv
09-15-2010, 11:50 PM
All this hostility and negative waves. Is it because of this?

It's a couple of Canadian guys making those comments. That's all I have to say about that.

I guess everyone here assumes that Preki doesn't like Canadians?

He said other stuff...

When asked what went wrong ... Preki hinted at a lack of support from owners Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, although he refused to get specific

The last two to three months there were some really challenging and difficult circumstances

Reading between the lines here, Preki comes in, the snow has barely melted and the team announces that BMO will host the 2010 MLS Cup. No doubt the front office makes it known that they'd REALLY like to see TFC a part of that game.

So who are his top players? DeRo the captain and goal scorer, who is miffed that he isn't the top paid guy on the team, and JDG. Whatever Preki makes of JDG, he's probably told that JDG is untouchable - his money was justified because he was the Canadian DP, a favourite from the MNT. And by untouchable, that means JDG plays. Can't have all that loot on the bench now, can we?

To make sure TFC makes the playoffs, they're allowed to get a second DP. But not DeRo, because he's already on the team, and paying him more won't get the team to the Cup. And the second DP can't make the same as JDG, because he's the Canadian DP, a favourite from the MNT. And you can't have $5M for Thierry Henry, because it's not in the budget.

As with Carver & Cummins, I'm sure there's Mo here than meets the eye.

Darlofletch
09-16-2010, 12:39 AM
why I think preki had to go (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/09/one-firing-too-many.html)

By the time the end came, it seemed that there was a big rift between Preki and, well, everyone else. The players certainly showed their appreciation for the moves, and their perfomance against DC in Preki's last game in charge suggested they weren't that interested in playing for him any more. As for his coaching staff, stories surfaced of a massive bust up with Nick Dasovic, followed by Dasovic and the rest of the assistants going to management to lobby for Preki's removal with Dasovic to take over as head coach. The supporters? They weren't going to take it any more, and season ticket renewal time is coming up. Add all that up, combined with the recent struggles on the pitch, and the writing was clearly on the wall, something had to change and it's always easier to fire the coach than the team. Preki's last press conference, as lethargic a performance as the players gave on the pitch beforehand, suggested he knew this as well as anyone.

So, with all that against him, Preki had to go, it's difficult to see any other resolution that would allow the club to move on, and it's probably for the best that whoever the new GM is gets to choose his own staff, a luxury that was never given to Preki, and that's the main reason I feel that Preki never really stood a chance.

and also why he never had a chance.

Brooker
09-16-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm extremely interested in what Preki has to say.

I'm not sure if he shoulda stayed or gone, but I don't like the way he was pushed out just like that after less than a season.

pepher
09-16-2010, 07:57 AM
I just hope that whatever alleged problems Preki (and any other coaches for that matter) have found with TFC have left with Mo and this is a new beginning of success for the team.

Wull
09-16-2010, 08:04 AM
fuck right off you cunt

This!:canada:

Technorgasm
09-16-2010, 08:06 AM
OB shite,m miss-firing mista and Chad + Santos injury got Preki fired - FACT
Mo is a cunt and glad he is gone.

OB shite.

now, can we focus our chants and venom onto our opponents. its time for less TFC love and more away team hate.

embrace the rage and point it in the right direction.

Shway
09-16-2010, 08:09 AM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq158/jgushway/fhmf.jpg

Section 117
09-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Hey Preki

Good luck finding another job you cunt. Your stint at Chivas started good as it was Bradely's team you inherited you dumb fuck. As you exerted more control over the squad your results started to slide down the table coincidence I think not.

Anyways thanks for Peterson, Saric, LaBrocca, Usanov, Hascjnfdhsovic, and playing Nane Joseph. You made me not want to watch away games and made your last game coaching the worst sporting event I have been to.

Anyways fuck off

Signed one pissed of TFC fan

Oldtimer
09-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Guys, its the same old NT bullshit on TFC. Its always the coaches. Same thing happened in the qualifiers. Its the coach, not us bullshit.

Where has our two top players been in DeRo and JDG? Taking a piss while they bitch about how its not their fault.

These guys are the fucking clowns. Last year in NY. This year in DC and in RSL. Theres a pattern.

How you build a squad makes a difference. Angel looked poor and washed up for NY last year. This year, it's like he has been given new life.

Playing with quality makes your better players play better. Playing with plumbers makes them play down to the quality (or lack thereof) of the squad.

Redcoe15
09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Priki's true side is revealed. No use for Canadian talent? Fuck right off Priki! MLSE made the right decision in booting his miserable carcass out of this country.

jabbronies
09-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm extremely interested in what Preki has to say.

I'm not sure if he shoulda stayed or gone, but I don't like the way he was pushed out just like that after less than a season.

I gotta agree with you.

As for JDG vs. Preki...to be honest, JDG's play has been that of a mid-lower tier MLS midfielder. I can see Preki being pissed that this guy is untouchable and is probably required to play every game - even if he is shitting the bed game in and game out. They don't pay him to sit on the bench.

Dero is the leader and the face of the team and his scoring has dropped off since...June?

I can see why Preki would be pissed at those two and vice versa. I'm sure he has called them out on these things.

anyways..we'll see what happens.

grizzle
09-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Preki, how can you blame other people when you are the one starting players like Garcia, Nane and Sanyang on a regular basis and then when you see they are playing like shit instead of taking them out you just sit there like a deer in headlights doing NOTHING! Good riddance in my opinion.

TFC Via Buffalo
09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
The only excuse I MIGHT give him is that his English is still a bit bad. There may be something lost in the translation. If not, screw him.

Roogsy
09-16-2010, 10:26 AM

Hate all you want. Three different coaches, three similar outcomes. What are the constants?

MoJo.

You've got to have real blinders on to protest two of the most successful players on TFC. After having done what they have done, their accomplishments speak for themselves. You want to talk about track record? How about Preki's track record of pissing off players wherever he goes?

nascarguy
09-16-2010, 10:26 AM
the Canadian talent sucks that is why we can not make the world cup. CSA needs to work on building a better squad. Yeah MLSE made the right decision

Ageroo
09-16-2010, 10:30 AM

Yes there is...weak coaching. :) I am not saying JDG and DeRo aren't complaining after the fact, but I can't think you honestly think Dale Mitchell, Cummins and Preki were great coaches for these guys?

Roogsy
09-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Preki

Good luck finding another job you cunt. Your stint at Chivas started good as it was Bradely's team you inherited you dumb fuck. As you exerted more control over the squad your results started to slide down the table coincidence I think not.

Anyways thanks for Peterson, Saric, LaBrocca, Usanov, Hascjnfdhsovic, and playing Nane Joseph. You made me not want to watch away games and made your last game coaching the worst sporting event I have been to.

Anyways fuck off

Signed one pissed of TFC fan

People seem to overlook this fact. He won coach of the year after taking over and barely changing a team that Bradley built. And then subsequently made them worse each year. I have yet to see any proof that Preki is a good overall coach, period.

maninb
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
From what I've seen/heard Preki HAS NEVER taken responsibility for ANYTHING...he always has an excuse, even when he was at Chivas....Hey dumbass...perhaps if you didn't run your team into the ground in training all the time, they'd have more energy come game time....

Corpand
09-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Just with that one sentence statement from him I have lost absolutely all respect for him.

Who the hell is he to attack Dero when he single-handedly won him games when his tactics didnt work? You just dont attack a whole nation because you werent able to fulfill a job.

DichioTFC
09-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Apparently Preki's family is Canadian so I wouldn't take his comments as 'anti-Canadian', but anti-MLSE.

http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/radosavljevic_natasa00.html

Thats the link to his daughter's profile. Check her hometown.

Roogsy
09-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't recall Preki ever having any Canadian family and his daughter's "hometown" update is hardly evidence of any Canadian connection other than the fact her dad was based out of Toronto up until last week.

His comments merely back up what Preki had been accused of since he arrived.

DichioTFC
09-16-2010, 06:02 PM
^ Somewhere along the line I remember hearing that he has close family members that are Canadian (which, of course, isn't much).

But still, I think the 'Canadian' comment is more about Daso's connection with JDG & DeRo because of the CNMT rather than intense hatred for an entire country.

eagles8
09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
All this hostility and negative waves. Is it because of this?

Quote:
It's a couple of Canadian guys making those comments. That's all I have to say about that.

I guess everyone here assumes that Preki doesn't like Canadians?

Fuck you Borat.

ExiledRed
09-16-2010, 08:51 PM
fuck any player who decided to play like shit at home in front of us, in order to send a message to a coach, or a GM or who the fuck ever.

You dont walk on that field for the coach you do it for us, you do it proudly and you give it your fucking best, because we're not paying to watch you engage in locker room politics on the damn field.

Preki didnt lose the DC game, that was the players, they intentionally dogged it, at home to piss him off. They might as well have mooned the crowd when they walked off the field.

There's no excuse for this kind of shit, I take it personally.

Im so disappointed, we reached the CCL group stages this year, we were unbeaten at home for a long long stretch, we were poised to make good this year and what has happened?

It has been deliberately and spitefully pissed away in a war between players and coaches and FO.

Again.

Fuck the lot of them, its a disgrace. We treat this club like a storied and ancient european club, despite its lack of history and quality, we've nurtured a fan culture, developed songs, folklore and given this club more credibility and exposure than it ever anticipated, and they treat it like a big fucking joke.

Gargan, Labrocca, Santos and Frei are the only ones out there who look like they care every game they play (Ill even extend that to Barrett). They are also great players on our squad, I hope we can keep them through this, I dont give a fuck who else stays or goes.

AL-MO
09-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Well said ER.

maximo_rpd
09-17-2010, 11:01 AM
When people are under stress, their guard goes down and out slips their true thoughts and feelings. Preki's Canadian slur is genuine - no doubt. This is as clear a picture of the real Preki as we will ever see - add that to the volume of negative comments from players who used to work under him ... the assessment that he is a biggotted control freak would be too kind...

MKR
09-17-2010, 11:14 AM
fuck any player who decided to play like shit at home in front of us, in order to send a message to a coach, or a GM or who the fuck ever.

You dont walk on that field for the coach you do it for us, you do it proudly and you give it your fucking best, because we're not paying to watch you engage in locker room politics on the damn field.

Preki didnt lose the DC game, that was the players, they intentionally dogged it, at home to piss him off. They might as well have mooned the crowd when they walked off the field.

Im so disappointed, we reached the CCL group stages this year, we were unbeaten at home for a long long stretch, we were poised to make good this year and what has happened?

It has been deliberately and spitefully pissed away in a war between players and coaches and FO.

Again.

Fuck the lot of them, its a disgrace. We treat this club like a storied and ancient european club, despite its lack of history and quality, we've nurtured a fan culture, developed songs, folklore and given this club more credibility and exposure than it ever anticipated, and they treat it like a big fucking joke.

Gargan, Labrocca, Santos and Frei are the only ones out there who look like they care every game they play (Ill even extend that to Barrett). They are also great players on our squad, I hope we can keep them through this, I dont give a fuck who else stays or goes.

Great post.

This team is an embarrasment and people need to get off this false sense of duty they have to this team. God they've been here for 4 years only, yet some people have given their lives to the noble cause that is TFC.

Message to ML$$$$$E: How about you get a real team together and start to show me it's worthwhile to be a fan?

Until then i'm on strike. can't even be bothered to watch any games.

ManUtd4ever
09-17-2010, 11:33 AM

Again.

Great post. I left the DCU game early for the first time ever because I was also disgusted with the performance of the team. I don't believe that the players intentionally dogged it though. If the players were deliberately trying to get Preki fired they would have quit on him a while ago. I believe the players looked completely dysfunctional on the pitch against DCU because of the locker room drama that had unfolded between Preki and Dasovic. Obviously, a significant portion of the locker room did not agree with Preki's decision to effectively banish Daso from the team and it had a deterimental effect on their collective psyche. The players had lost focus and did not perform to the level of their capabilities. Does that make Saturday's debacle easier to digest as a supporter? Absolutely not...

flambe
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM

+1

The captain should have more fucking sense than this, IF TRUE. It's disgraceful and embarrassing. Same goes for our Canadian DP.

We are paying you to work, not to fuck the dog and slack off cause you're pissed at the coach. It's not your right to play for TFC, you should be proud to do so, both for yourself and the fans.

Cann, Gargan, Labrocca, Santos, Frei, Barrett ALWAYS try their hardest and leave it out on the field and I thank them.

dupont
09-17-2010, 12:16 PM
The captain should have more fucking sense than this, IF TRUE.

It is not true.
Never assume something is true just because someone posted it on here. (I'm not saying that you did since you said "IF".. I just want to make sure no one else does)

I'll go right ahead and say it. It is extremely doubtful that they would play poorly on purpose to send a message to the front office. It is VERY unlikely.
There are many reasons they could have played poorly. Too tired. Too distracted. Just not good enough. To say they intentionally played poorly is just a conspiracy theory.