PDA

View Full Version : ST package for 2011-update 20 Sep

Pages : [1] 2 3

TFC Cityboy
09-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Tweet from @Paul Beirne
Paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)

Season ticket package for 2011 will include 2010 MLS Cup, 17 MLS games, and first 4 NCC and CCL games.

Looks like ML$E is pissing away the goodwill won today IF MLS Cup tickets are compulsory. On the plus side the friendly is gone...let's see the prices first tho before we jump to conclusions...

There is bound to be an increase to allow for 2 more league games...but including 4 NCC/CCL matches is an assumption...if we lose the NCC there are 2 matches we've prepayed for unnecessarily.

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 09:37 PM
They should include every game they could possibly play and rape us as much as possible.

It will be a sad day (well at least for me) when I can't afford ST's this year.

menefreghista
09-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Its still not clear whether the MLS Cup is an opt in or not. People shouldn't jump to conclusions.

MLS Cup aside, I actually like the structure of the package. Now whether I like the price is another story.

Sonny Cheeba
They should include every game they could possibly play and rape us as much as possible.

that's what the leafs do apparently. the season tickets include every playable game. even stanley cup finals ones with the leafs vs ??? printed on them.

or so i hear.

they must collect a shit tonne of interest on that for the year.

kodiakTFC

Me too Almo. I can't find work and it looks like I'm SOL for tickets this upcoming year.

gmacpheetfc
09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
the intl friendly ticket's face value was worth 2 regular mls games thus I imagine that season ticket prices should stay on par with last years price level?

ensco
09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Maybe the MLS Cup game tickets will have pictures of Mo's head on a platter.

This is going to be very, very interesting to see how they price this.

MLSE are replacing the summer friendly with the MLS Cup game. But the friendly was "included".

menefreghista
09-14-2010, 09:45 PM
They better deliver a special ticket for the MLS Cup. I don't want to print a PDF for that game. I would like a special ticket like the All-Star game had.

TFC Cityboy
09-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Its still not clear whether the MLS Cup is an opt in or not. People shouldn't jump to conclusions.

MLS Cup aside, I actually like the structure of the package. Now whether I like the price is another story.
editred my first post to make that clearer-cheers!

prizby
09-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I hate to say this because people seem to be SOL for tickets, but if anyone has a 112 ticket that they are looking to sell for the upcoming season, I would be interested in buying the season ticket off you for the upcoming year should someone look to be holding onto their ticket and are unable to afford it at the current time

DichioTFC
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Two thoughts, first that the PB's tweets about season ticket package for next year hours after MoJo's firing means the firing was *specifically* sales-oriented. The move to fire MoJo was not empathetic, they weren't "listening to fans," but the whole thing was constructed to make money off of relieved fans. While this shouldn't really come as a surprise, it seems that no matter who's in ML$E's revolving door, the money-grubbing corporate policy doesn't seem to change. Money first, fans second. I'm sick of it.

Second thought, this is what PB wrote in response to someone:

don't ask me to quote the prices - but you're in 113 right? Yours go up a buck I think.
A freeze on ticket increases is good news and completely justified

algieb
09-14-2010, 10:28 PM
the mlse a taking fucking a hell of a lot for granted,this is there bread and butter,an mls final in our ground that tfc will not be playing in,2 games in cc 2games in concaf all midweek fixtures,have our money for6 months making intrest, people are in prison for things like this it called fucking extotion,iff this is the case i will not be renewing my season tickets 2 go f youselfs mlse

DichioTFC
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
^ LOLLL c'mon guys, this is the gloriest day in TFC's history, no need to become petty little Mo Johnstons :D

But yeah, seriously dude, if anyone in the top of 110 wasnt to give up their seasons, I'll be on that like Mo in the line for EI.

Joe Kool
09-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I guess they are including the first couple of CCL games because they didn't like having to struggle to sell tickets to the CCL like this year. If the same format is kept they won't be able to sell the group stage as a package. I bet the format is changing next year because I can't see them painting themselves into that type of corner.

Hitcho
09-14-2010, 10:50 PM
the intl friendly ticket's face value was worth 2 regular mls games thus I imagine that season ticket prices should stay on par with last years price level?

This would make sense. So it probably won't happen. I'd be thrilled if ti did though - two real games instead of one fake, crap one? Sweet.

There's a tiny piece of me infected with a feel-good factor after today's events, and I am wondering if MLSE are about to say "you know what guys, you've stuck with us for four years and we've not delivered you any play off worthy seasons, so the MLS Cup Final is on us for buying all those shirts and over priced beers".

Wait - all those games for no actual price increase?! I know I know but let the warm fuzzy feeling last just a little bit longer before we get the MLSE face slap back into reality... :rolleyes:

Red CB Toronto
09-14-2010, 11:10 PM
You have to remember the Nutrilite Canadian Championship most likley will have four teams in it next year with Edmonton coming onto the scene, meaning their wil be three NCC games at BMO in 2011. So those three games plus the preliminary CCL game will be included in our season ticket packages.

So if you look back the FO has gone both ways with the preliminary CCL game, it has been included with our SS (2009) and on the other hand it has been an opt in (2010) I figure they have realized it is better to include right out of the gate and then have to refund it, thus giving them 16,000 tickets sold before the season starts rather than have to sell them later on and have their customer base opt in.

If you look even further back to 2008, the first year of the NCC, those tickets were an opt in, and that is how alot of people were able to experience the bunker for the first time when people in 112 did not purchase their tickets.

In terms of the friendly, it got me thinking that we might just see one friendly against a big club in 2011. If you think back to when Real Madrid game was anounced I think it was talked about how MLSE would like to have a big name club every two years for a special game of sorts, which would fit if they are still planning to go down that road. One that we would have to buy as an extra.

justin
09-15-2010, 04:48 AM

Me too Almo. I can't find work and it looks like I'm SOL for tickets this upcoming year.

welcome to my world this season :(

Huyton
09-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Hmmph.

I wonder how they'll fit in the people on the Gold waiting list who get a chance to move up to full seasons tickets. Normally they don't get this done until the very end of November, which will be after the 2010 MLS Cup final this year.

Carts
09-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Tweet from @Paul Beirne
Paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)

Season ticket package for 2011 will include 2010 MLS Cup, 17 MLS games, and first 4 NCC and CCL games.

Looks like ML$E is pissing away the goodwill won today IF MLS Cup tickets are compulsory. On the plus side the friendly is gone...let's see the prices first tho before we jump to conclusions...

There is bound to be an increase to allow for 2 more league games...but including 4 NCC/CCL matches is an assumption...if we lose the NCC there are 2 matches we've prepayed for unnecessarily.

Take the Dark Gray seats...

At approx $100 a game (its more, but our SSH price works close to that), the SSH package will be $2500 min...

Add in MLS Cup and you're looking at least $2600 more like $2700...

That's up from $1900 last year...

$600-$800 PRICE HIKE...!!!

If that's the case, KISS GOODBYE THE FULL STADIUM...

No shot people continue to shell out that for this...

I always said "MLSE knows how to make money" but I am begining to think that they have been simply riding the Maple Leaf coattails in this city if they come up with this...

MLSE, BAD BUSINESS DECISION...

Carts...

Hitcho
09-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Carts - keep faith. If the south end has only gone up $1 (according to a PB tweet) and the MLS Cup Final, two extra league games and the NCC/CCL qualifier are all included, then that's a good sign. Recently the cheaper seats have been seeing the bigger percentage increases, while the higher priced seats were cooled in terms of hikes (at least, I think that's the case). So, if south end is only up $1, rest of the stadium may also be pretty much frozen?

Look at it this way - whatever Anselmi said in his presser yesterday, MSLE realise that the team has shit the bed for 4 years, that fan attendance is dropping and that people across the board are getting bored, frustrated, angry or losing interest. THAT'S the real reason they took drastic action yesterday, to address those fan concerns and try to rescue the turnout. The single best way to back that up would be a price freeze for next season with a whole bunch of extra stuff thrown in (ie, a price drop in real terms).

Ok, the single best way would be a price reduction with extra stuff thrown in, but you have to be realisitic in your optimism... :D

If the increase is $1/game and not $1 overall, then it's still only a $4 increase for the south end. Not sure what that would translate into for dark greys but that's the area most likely to get hit in the renewal/relocation process, so my guess is they will keep any increase there nominal too.

ecospice
09-15-2010, 06:32 AM
that's what the leafs do apparently. the season tickets include every playable game. even stanley cup finals ones with the leafs vs ??? printed on them.

or so i hear.

they must collect a shit tonne of interest on that for the year.

Leafs season tickets include all the regular and pre-season games - all at the same price. Come playoff time you get the option of buying your seats for the first two series and then the next two. You buy all the games and if they are not played I believe you either get a refund or a credit for the season seats the next year....at least that is how it was last time the team made the playoffs...man, I want to cry now...

Mikey
09-15-2010, 06:38 AM
I doubt the minimal South End ticket hike has anything to do with the fans..... Does HST apply to the ticket sales for the first time on this renewal? If so, isn't everyone looking at an 8% jump? trying to pile on a typical ML$E gouge on top of that would no doubt get a resounding "fuck NO!" from 50% of the existing ticket base.

sidvan
09-15-2010, 06:45 AM
I doubt the minimal South End ticket hike has anything to do with the fans..... Does HST apply to the ticket sales for the first time on this renewal? If so, isn't everyone looking at an 8% jump? trying to pile on a typical ML$E gouge on top of that would no doubt get a resounding "fuck NO!" from 50% of the existing ticket base.

Actually the whole tax thing is going down 2% but that will be absorbed inside the ticketing pricing i suspect. Paying the same as last year will be $1 more plus the 2% tax savings absorbed by MLSE.

sulfur
09-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Not quite:

Currently:

GST - 5%
Entertainment Tax - 10%
Total - 15%

New HST world:
HST - 13%

So... a savings of 2%!

CoachGT
09-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Pesonally, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the MLS Cup game unless TFC are in it.

Fort York Redcoat
09-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Pesonally, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the MLS Cup game unless TFC are in it.

HAHAHA! Did not see that coming!

Couldn't agree more.

H Bomb
09-15-2010, 07:33 AM
I want to know why it's going up a dollar. I know its not much. But why is it going up? The value isnt higher as you used to be able to sell the friendly off to help cover costs, now that game is represented in two games you cant sell. I truly hate MLSE.

menefreghista
09-15-2010, 07:45 AM
I want to know why it's going up a dollar. I know its not much. But why is it going up? The value isnt higher as you used to be able to sell the friendly off to help cover costs, now that game is represented in two games you cant sell. I truly hate MLSE.

Because TFC is expecting a mass exodus from expensive seats to cheap seats.

Nuvinho
09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Last year I had 6 tickets (2 for me, 2 for friends, and 2 for family). The total cost was $4,382 ($1862/pair for dark greys, $646/pair for supporters). Now if they go beyond the $2K mark for the dark greys, I am going to definately consider moving 2 of the 4 I have from dark grey. I can't justify it, especially since most of the money I get back once the season starts only.

I am one of those that may be looking to move to cheaper seats.

werewolf
09-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Raising the pries a cent is still more then necessary, especially when the price has already been needlessly inflated the past 3 times. Though I suspect most consumers will overlook that.

Oldtimer
09-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Paul B tweeted:

Great news for TFC waitlisters: TFC will expand the Season Ticket base to 18,000 this year.
marginal price increase, yes. overall price will also increase due to size of the package. (pardon???)

MLS announced today the season will have 34 games in 2011. TFC will not put a friendly match in the Season ticket package for 2011.http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne

My take:

Increasing the Season Ticket base is to avoid all those unsold seats, as is including the CCL games. Good news that there is no pointless friendly included (maybe they'll have an option on a Real Madrid type match).

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 08:01 AM
I knew those bastards would try to dump the CCL games into the package since they don't sell out.

Fort York Redcoat
09-15-2010, 08:06 AM
^Good.

And they dropped the useless fucking friendlies. Now make sure that MLS final isn't on there and I'm full of win. How Ass backwards is this? They have to force Champions League on people but are confident about mid-season friendlies. I can't wait till this leagues fans figure out their priorities.

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Forget about the increase in games... they raised ticket prices AGAIN! For what this time? Simply because they're MLSE???

Nuvinho
09-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Let's assume that every STH takes the MLS Cup Final (let's say its optional). That is 16K out of 22K, 6K of tickets for MLS sponsors and other clubs, sounds very low.

I think TFC probably thinks that about half of STH will take the MLS cup final tickets.

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 08:22 AM
^ Im buying the finals tickets for sure. I don't get why someone who enjoys MLS wouldn't want to see LA vs NY (assuming that's how it goes down).

Carts
09-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Carts - keep faith. If the south end has only gone up $1 (according to a PB tweet)

I think he means they've gone up $1 per game - but they're adding games to our SSH Package...

Obviously, I could be wrong there...

I look at his tweets meaning this...

Remove the friendly but add the MLS Cup = probably on par w/last season cost, or a little more...

NCC games - there last year, here this year = on par...

Add in the extra MLS Games = more money... (not MLSE fault)

Add in the CCL games (that weren't there last year) = more money

We're looking at paying more money...

Maybe not a huge 'increase per game' but I'm thinking a significant increase in the overall cost of the SSH Package (in my Dark Gray area) as I'm paying for an extra 5-games.

That's an extra $500...

I hope I am wrong - b/c I truly think it will be poorly received, and hurt the crowd in the short term, and long run...

Carts...

H Bomb
09-15-2010, 08:23 AM
^ Im buying the finals tickets for sure. I don't get why someone who enjoys MLS wouldn't want to see LA vs NY (assuming that's how it goes down).

you're making the dangerous assumption that people like MLS. I love Toronto FC. I love them cause I'm from toronto and so are they. Other than that there's nothing to love about Football in North America

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 08:25 AM
...and think of it this way, for all of you in the South end...

You have no right to bitch about a bunch of Columbus fans using YOUR SEATS in section 112 if you willingly choose not to buy this ticket. You want that to happen? A Columbus fan in YOUR SEAT if the Crew make the final. South end painted Yellow and Black. That is the ultimate trump card.

Buy your seats for the finals.

Parkdale
09-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Good news that there is no pointless friendly included (maybe they'll have an option on a Real Madrid type match).

I'm fine with them doing a friendly as a 'non-inclusive' ticket, as long as seat holders get first refusal.

Many people enjoy the friendlies, even if they're kinda useless and put our players at risk of injury.
They aren't going away, so they might as well be smart about them.

Parkdale
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM

I'll be at the finals, if only because it's probably going to be a decent match.

hmmmm.... It would make sense for the team to sell the new north stands to whichever visiting team's support would fill it. Unless I'm mistaken, there's no SSH in the north yet, so they would all be open. that would certainly help keep them from mingling with TFC people.

supersaint
09-15-2010, 08:33 AM
This would make sense. So it probably won't happen. I'd be thrilled if ti did though - two real games instead of one fake, crap one? Sweet.

There's a tiny piece of me infected with a feel-good factor after today's events, and I am wondering if MLSE are about to say "you know what guys, you've stuck with us for four years and we've not delivered you any play off worthy seasons, so the MLS Cup Final is on us for buying all those shirts and over priced beers".

Wait - all those games for no actual price increase?! I know I know but let the warm fuzzy feeling last just a little bit longer before we get the MLSE face slap back into reality... :rolleyes:
Hope you are right. The friendly was a crock. And yeah, I still have the warm and fuzzies. And hey, a NY Galaxy final could be a mouthwatering prospect.

ensco
09-15-2010, 08:34 AM
PB tweet: "Great news for TFC waitlisters: TFC will expand the Season Ticket base to 18,000 this year"

OK now this is funny. This is the story they are preparing to lard out to the waiting list when the non-renewals start hitting.

I have high respect for Paul but cmon, we didn't all just fall off the turnip truck out here.

nascarguy
09-15-2010, 08:58 AM
this is just the same shit they do every year and I'm sick of it.

Good news that there is no pointless friendly included next season but bad news there making us buy tickets that we do not want!

Fort York Redcoat
09-15-2010, 08:59 AM
you're making the dangerous assumption that people like MLS. I love Toronto FC. I love them cause I'm from toronto and so are they. Other than that there's nothing to love about Football in North America

+1 The only reason for me to get to this game is to avoid an empty BMO. I think that reflects badly on the city. As it stands there has been plenty of people from around the league to fill seats for the final.

You have no right to bitch about a bunch of Columbus fans using YOUR SEATS in section 112 if you willingly choose not to buy this ticket. You want that to happen? A Columbus fan in YOUR SEAT if the Crew make the final. South end painted Yellow and Black. That is the ultimate trump card.

If Toronto isn't there I won't get my panties in a twist if it's someone who wants to watch their team win the final I don't give 2 shits about.

I don't think Toronto looks worse for filling the stadium with fans who follow the teams on the pitch.

Mango Kid
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Here's a thought: save giving me a scarf and a bunch of other things I care little about and spare me the price increase for once.

H Bomb
09-15-2010, 09:19 AM
ahhh, who cares what toronto looks like? I dont care at all if the stadium is empty and everyone on TV cries about it. Gotta get over this percention BS and not care what people around think. This is MLS, good players play in terrible places, not one player will not come here because the stadium looked bad for one game. I'm not playing this bush league's little PR game man.

Pinkie
09-15-2010, 09:23 AM
soooooooooooooooooo i gotta start saving now for my Season Tickets..

personally I'm going to opt-in for the MLS Cup..if worse comes to worse i'll sell them on craigslist!

nascarguy
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
they need to have a better payment plan for next season

Carts
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM
they need to have a better payment plan for next season

This is good point and suggestion...

Plenty of SSH are not happy. And with added games / added cost, they really should consider drawing out the payment plan...

Currently 100% of your tickets need to be paid (based on last season) by Mid December...

Is that really neccessary...????

If they're looking for some goodwill, some good statements they can say/send to people when asking for renewals - they should definitely draw that out...

In the end, the $$$ is the same, but giving people more time may alleviate some of the people thinking about not renewing...

Carts...

Parkdale
09-15-2010, 09:36 AM
personally I'm going to opt-in for the MLS Cup..if worse comes to worse i'll sell them on craigslist!

I remember passing on the RM tickets because I was going to be out of town, and had no real desire to change plans to come back for that game, but Craigslist was a-buzz with sellers.

CretanBull
09-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Here's a thought: save giving me a scarf and a bunch of other things I care little about and spare me the price increase for once.

Here's a better thought: give us value for money. Throw in the extra two games, don't raise the price a cent, apologize for past abuses and gouging, and in addition to the scarf jam the season ticket package full of stickers, key chains, fridge magnets etc. Say "thank-you" for sticking with the team for four brutal seasons and what will likely be a rebuilding 5th season.

menefreghista
09-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Here's a better thought: give us value for money. Throw in the extra two games, don't raise the price a cent, apologize for past abuses and gouging, and in addition to the scarf jam the season ticket package full of stickers, key chains, fridge magnets etc. Say "thank-you" for sticking with the team for four brutal seasons and what will likely be a rebuilding 5th season.

Agreed.

I'm sure everyone has noticed how with each passing season the package we get looks cheaper and cheaper.

Pachuco
09-15-2010, 09:49 AM
MLSE has a chance to renew my trust in them this season. If season ticket prices are up ONE BIT in my section they can lick me. I understand the overall price may go up because we are looking at something like 5 games that weren't in the schedule last year, but if they think they can also raise prices after this shit show of a season considering we will probably be in another rebuild of the rebuild of the rebuild next year I don't see how they could do it and still sell tickets.

I sit in dark greys. As McCartney is saying, we could be looking at $2500 for season next year. I'll gladly forfit them.

Mango Kid
09-15-2010, 09:50 AM

Well yeah, they could do that - and I'd be all for it - but my scenario seems at least slightly more possible than asking MLSE to give us more for nothing.:)

algieb
09-15-2010, 09:51 AM

are we all going to stand there not cheer because no tfc in final rather than let a supporter off a team in the final sit in our seat grow up man you are far to paranoid, its there cup final not yours

Mango Kid
09-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Agreed.

I'm sure everyone has noticed how with each passing season the package we get looks cheaper and cheaper.

Yeah, that bag was a real gem this year. I howl everytime I see somebody wearing it at BMO. Looks ridiculous.

DaBandit
09-15-2010, 10:00 AM

^^

BIG TIME THIS..
How do they justify raising prices again for this crap product? 4 years in and we already have the highest ticket prices in the league and have yet to make the playoffs. Wait for the day when we actually make the playoffs and then they really gouge us, AGAIN. Not me, I'm done paying through the nose for an inferior product.

shaggingscot
09-15-2010, 10:05 AM

Hit the nail right on the head!

nascarguy
09-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, that bag was a real gem this year. I howl everytime I see somebody wearing it at BMO. Looks ridiculous.
I only use that bag to hold my tickets and scarf. But yeah that bag does look ridiculous

nascarguy
09-15-2010, 10:09 AM
^^

BIG TIME THIS..
How do they justify raising prices again for this crap product? 4 years in and we are the highest ticket prices in the league and have yet to make the playoffs. Wait for the day when we actually make the playoffs and then they really gouge us, AGAIN. Not me, I'm done paying through the nose for an inferior product.

yeah If I want an inferior product I'll buy tiger cat season tickets but guess what piss me off mlse I will

mastermixer
09-15-2010, 10:18 AM
I think he means they've gone up $1 per game - but they're adding games to our SSH Package...

Obviously, I could be wrong there...

I look at his tweets meaning this...

Remove the friendly but add the MLS Cup = probably on par w/last season cost, or a little more...

NCC games - there last year, here this year = on par...

Add in the extra MLS Games = more money... (not MLSE fault)

Add in the CCL games (that weren't there last year) = more money

We're looking at paying more money...

Maybe not a huge 'increase per game' but I'm thinking a significant increase in the overall cost of the SSH Package (in my Dark Gray area) as I'm paying for an extra 5-games.

That's an extra $500...

I hope I am wrong - b/c I truly think it will be poorly received, and hurt the crowd in the short term, and long run...

Carts...

Interesting... the tweet by PB about a dollar increase could be interpreted as completely different amounts. In 113 he says it should go up a buck. Now if you calculate that for the whole package... great. But if its per game then with the extra 4 games your looking at over a hundered dollars. Not much for section 113 but when your looking at section 108 than it could be in the $400 range. For two tickets that's a $800 increase! Not sure I could budget that.

Parkdale
09-15-2010, 10:23 AM
as much as I'd like to get a goody bag full of fun trinkets and assorted TFC gizmos.... I don't really care that much for it.

give me a winning team, thank you very much.

DaBandit
09-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Don’t get me wrong, I want be there to support the team, but I'm also in the dark grays. Justifying $2400-$2500 for the year, when you have two young kids, is getting harder and harder.. What really pisses me off is the nerve of these guys at ML$E to somehow have the balls to raise prices year in, year out, despite their INCOMPATENCY to build a solid product from day one.

If prices go up ONE cent, I will not renew and only then will we find out how great this supposed waitlist really is. Putting your name down for the wait list cost you nothing, actually purchasing seasons and committing is another thing. Good Luck ML$E, thought you would have learned that the honeymoon is over, just look at the CCL ticket sales.

If anything ticket prices should GO DOWN. The demand is no longer there, I cant give away tickets this season..

nfitz
09-15-2010, 10:32 AM
I knew those bastards would try to dump the CCL games into the package since they don't sell out.If we end up with Edmonton in the Voyageurs Cup, and it's 3 home games for that, then it's only the single Champions League game ... just like the 2009 season.

I don't know whey you'd assume the worst ... if that was the case, it would include ALL the CCL games.

Looks more like an attempt to avoid the mad rush of trying to sell the first game or two of Champions League in a very short time-frame ... there was only 10 days to sell the Cruz Azul game this year. I can see why they might want to avoid that.

And also an attempt to cover their asses with the Voyageurs Cup, as there is no indication as of yet how many teams will be in the tournie, let alone for format! What if there are 5 teams in it (current 3+Edmonton+CSL champion ... which seems reasonable now that CSL is recognized by CSA).

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
What do you mean assume the worst? That saying gets thrown around a lot on this forum. I have plans for worst case scenarios. I actually assumed things would be similar to how they are now. 2 NCC games, a knock out game, and a CCL group stage. I assumed worst case scenario as much as throwing some team like Edmonton into the mix. There was no "the world is a miserable place" in my comment.

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 11:10 AM
are we all going to stand there not cheer because no tfc in final rather than let a supporter off a team in the final sit in our seat grow up man you are far to paranoid, its there cup final not yours

Yes. I think that would be a good plan. We all show up as if TFC were playing. Wearing red, singing our songs, waving our flags. Who are ya to every player in the stadium. No home advantage for anyone. Could be intimidating

Paranoid? I don't hate the crew, the fans, BA, or any other team/fan group. I don't have seats in the south end. Paranoid? Off the mark man. Grow up? lol.

I said no one should bitch about some other fans in their seat if they don't buy it themselves (which we have seen here in the past). Reading comprehension skills...

Commie Red
09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
"Great news for TFC waitlisters: TFC will expand the Season Ticket base to 18,000 this year" P. Bernie tweetWell, I assume this means they are now opening up the North End to season ticket holders -- which is a great opportunity for all of us IF they do it correctly.

Opening up the North End to season ticket holders will be a fantastic if -- and only if -- they lower the prices of those seats to be equal to the cost of South End season tickets and then enforced a no standing rule. As I've pointed out in another thread, making these seats "affordable" would function as an important release valve for the South End and improve the overall atmosphere in the entire stadium. It would do this by moving (or simply allowing) families with kids, some tourists, and people who simply want to sit or want to express their support in a less demonstrative fashion out of the South End and into an equally affordable but less "energized" section.

We all know better than to actually trust MLSE to do the right thing -- but perhaps as a Supporters group we could somehow push this idea to the forefront of our immediate "wish list". It is far from the dream of actually gaining control over the seats in our sections -- but it is achievable and may have the similar affect.

nfitz
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
What do you mean assume the worst? That saying gets thrown around a lot on this forum.You called the front office bastards. I simply meant that you were assuming the worst of intentions of them. I should have phrased differently.

As for the North End. I'd assume it would stay at medium-grey pricing. The view is better than from the south end, with that elevation. And you have to love the drink holders.

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
You called the front office bastards. I simply meant that you were assuming the worst of intentions of them. I should have phrased differently.

Ah, yes, that is true. Can't sell the ticket through the box office, let's lump them with seasons and offer more seasons.

Parkdale
09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
things I want in my SSH package this year

http://g.o.r.i.l.l.a.postle.net/images/HulkHands.jpg

^ Hulk Hands in Red

http://static-p3.fotolia.com/jpg/00/10/05/66/400_F_10056610_W8Wb34QPVNEsU7fNoKm9ud3NiTOXlmK7.jp g

A red cape

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/0/4/3/4/1/webimg/322197839_tp.jpg

and a red wizard hat

nfitz
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Ah, yes, that is true. Can't sell the ticket through the box office, let's lump them with seasons and offer more seasons.Surely selling as seasons gets more tickets in fans hands at cheaper prices, than selling every game individually with all the extra costs that entails. Look at the pricing ... this year a ticket in Yellow averages about $17 for season-ticket holders ... and $33.75 at the box office.

nfitz
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/0/4/3/4/1/webimg/322197839_tp.jpg

and a red wizard hatWith the extra games we'll have to play, I'd think we'll have to start earlier in the season at home. Perhaps a TFC toque is the thing.

AL-MO
09-15-2010, 11:33 AM

welcome to my world this season :(

Yeah I'm going to make arrangements for them to go to another RPB (or 2) so they stay in the 'family' so to speak.

:scarf:

Huyton
09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
And also an attempt to cover their asses with the Voyageurs Cup, as there is no indication as of yet how many teams will be in the tournie, let alone for format! What if there are 5 teams in it (current 3+Edmonton+CSL champion ... which seems reasonable now that CSL is recognized by CSA).

Really? The CSL Champion?

Now THAT would be cool.

A Home and Away series between Milltown FC and TFC.

The mind fairly boggles.

sidvan
09-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Really? The CSL Champion?

Now THAT would be cool.

A Home and Away series between Milltown FC and TFC.

The mind fairly boggles.

I like it, I like it!!

nfitz
09-15-2010, 11:38 AM
LOL, or a home-and-away with TFC academy. They can put Kocic in the net at both ends ... :)

I'd be surprised if this actually happens though - particularly in a round-robin format. Presumably the format has to go from round-robin to knockout as the number of Level 1 and Level 2 teams in Canada increases ... perhaps it will happen then.

Parkdale
09-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Hulk Hands and a Cape. I'm serious here.

Please bring your Hulk Hands to the season opener, as they are your ticket to the game

Fort York Redcoat
09-15-2010, 11:55 AM
LOL, or a home-and-away with TFC academy. They can put Kocic in the net at both ends ... :)

I'd be surprised if this actually happens though - particularly in a round-robin format. Presumably the format has to go from round-robin to knockout as the number of Level 1 and Level 2 teams in Canada increases ... perhaps it will happen then.

Agreed. Except on the Accies being eligible for this tourney. That would be a mistake. But then again aren't Edmonton a farm team for Vancouver?

DichioTFC
09-15-2010, 12:00 PM
I encourage *everyone* to get MLS Cup tickets. People from here (the United States) will be traveling en masse to Toronto regardless whether their team is in it or not (I know a few people who already have hotels booked).

Darlofletch
09-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Rather then playing extra games, can we not just have our mls games against vancouver, and montreal when they join up, count towards the voyageurs cup as well.

we'd still have to play extra games against edmonton, or other non-mls teams that participate, but this would cut down on fixture congestion and be fewer games in the season ticket pack, and with the games counting in two seperate competitions, as wel as for canadian pride, they'd be epic.

nfitz
09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
That would be a mistake. But then again aren't Edmonton a farm team for Vancouver?No. There was a proposal to put a farm team in Edmonton ... but it never happened. This is the current team (FC Edmonton (http://fcedmonton.com/)), that may play in the USL/NASL/USSF/D2 or whatever it might or might not be called, if or if not they play next year, if they let Edmonton in, league.

habstfc
09-15-2010, 12:14 PM
There is a reason the north end seats cost more, they are better seats than the south end.

Fort York Redcoat
09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
No. There was a proposal to put a farm team in Edmonton ... but it never happened. This is the current team (FC Edmonton (http://fcedmonton.com/)), that may play in the USL/NASL/USSF/D2 or whatever it might or might not be called, if or if not they play next year, if they let Edmonton in, league.

Glad to hear that "partnership" talk fell through. It would've hindered future growth of both sides IMO

redcard
09-15-2010, 12:21 PM
if they are increasing the STH base by 2000 seats...i would imagine/hope that alot of the famalies will decide to move their seats into the north...opening up an opportunity for all other STHs that want the south end to move right in!...could potentially improve the south end for next season.

nfitz
09-15-2010, 12:31 PM
if they are increasing the STH base by 2000 seats...i would imagine/hope that alot of the famalies will decide to move their seats into the north...opening up an opportunity for all other STHs that want the south end to move right in!...could potentially improve the south end for next season.'cause people with 3 or 4 tickets will be looking for more expensive seats. It won't happen naturally ...

Huyton
09-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Put the scalpers in the North Stand and make the south stand for supporters groups and run by supporters groups.

Huyton
09-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Rather then playing extra games, can we not just have our mls games against vancouver, and montreal when they join up, count towards the voyageurs cup as well.

we'd still have to play extra games against edmonton, or other non-mls teams that participate, but this would cut down on fixture congestion and be fewer games in the season ticket pack, and with the games counting in two seperate competitions, as wel as for canadian pride, they'd be epic.

That'd work to a point. However, all the games would have to be played before the CONCACAF deadline.

Not insurmountable.

How about a knock-out competition amongst all Canadian non-MLS teams to provide a non-MLS champion. That team to enter the semi finals against last years winner. The other two MLS teams play to determine the other finalist. The final to be played at the National Soccer Stadium.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Just to go back to the above, I think having the CSL champs. in the NCC would be great, it would give the competition the big team - little team dynamic that makes the FA cup so great.

Globetrotter
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Will section 104 ever be popular!!??

Huyton
09-15-2010, 12:56 PM

Kocic does not play for the Academy team...he's listed in the CSL as playing for Serbian White Eagles.

Fort York Redcoat
09-15-2010, 01:04 PM

You're making the Vcup less interesting. Right up there with the Carlsberg or Trillium. Keep it seperate. Plus your asking a favour from MLS scheduling and we know how much they like to schedule for us.

jaahuuu
09-15-2010, 01:10 PM
In the end, the $$$ is the same, but giving people more time may alleviate some of the people thinking about not renewing...
Not necessarily.

Getting renewals paid early = more interest in MLSEs bank account. I wouldn't be shocked if bonuses to ticket reps or marketing people were based on this and paid out of that interest.

Borga
09-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Considering they probably earn about 2% interest annually on those deposits, it's not a real significant source of income.

maninb
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Just to go back to the above, I think having the CSL champs. in the NCC would be great, it would give the competition the big team - little team dynamic that makes the FA cup so great.

CSL teams just don't have the budget to fly out West for 2 tournament games....never gonna happen....

kodiakTFC
09-15-2010, 05:33 PM
CSL teams just don't have the budget to fly out West for 2 tournament games....never gonna happen....

Not to mention if they miraculously qualified. Dino do you think you could afford to send Milltown to Honduras? I wish CSL was in the NCC but they won't even be looked at under they are more financially secure and they expand out west.

Azerban
09-15-2010, 05:38 PM

could've sworn i read something about the league putting together a fund for the champion to compete in Canada

and fuck if some shit CSL team beats us in the VCup MLSE should be forced to fly them wherever they want

Shakes McQueen
09-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Why don't we wait for the package and pricing details before we fly off the handle about this?

Oh wait, listen to me...

- Scott

Pachuco
09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Why don't we wait for the package and pricing details before we fly off the handle about this?

Oh wait, listen to me...

- Scott

Because Paul Beirne tweets his arse off so that he can have a good laugh at our speculation.

Shakes McQueen
09-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Because Paul Beirne tweets his arse off so that he can have a good laugh at our speculation.

I suspect you're not far off the mark, haha.

- Scott

nobuzz
09-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Put the scalpers in the North Stand and make the south stand for supporters groups and run by supporters groups.
No.

There is no way to make that work unless there is one supporters group.

Mikey
09-18-2010, 08:29 AM
The tweet mentioning 18,000 season tickets this year.... Does ML$E know they are looking at a big potential drop in expensive seats? are they opening up the north end as a lower price option to try and keep some of these SSH that are dumping higher cost seats on board? (based on getting some money is better than none)

I'll be surprised if they have 18,000 SSH at the start of next season.

Kooper
09-18-2010, 08:40 AM
The tweet mentioning 18,000 season tickets this year.... Does ML$E know they are looking at a big potential drop in expensive seats? are they opening up the north end as a lower price option to try and keep some of these SSH that are dumping higher cost seats on board? (based on getting some money is better than none)

I'll be surprised if they have 18,000 SSH at the start of next season.

Also a bum in the seat also usually means beer(s) in hand.

dupont
09-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Also a bum in the seat also usually means beer(s) in hand.

Correct. The funny thing is that people will pass on the game if it's $15 dollars more then they expected but will then spend 30-40 bucks on beer and merch. It is in MLSE's best business interest to get people in those seats even if it means lowering the ticket price. I don't expect MLSE employees would be nearly smart enough to figure that out though.

I learned this by throwing concerts. Keep the price low and people come in but spent ridiculous amounts on booze and t-shirts even though they would have walked away from the show if it was $5 more.

jazzy
09-18-2010, 09:38 AM

HST is on everything...probably even table dancing

TFC Cityboy
09-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I have 2 STs in 115 and have been on the platinum list for extras since the list was introduced in 2007. I need 2 more STs as I bring Mrs Cityboy and the young hoolies to every match. I sense that people on the platinum and gold lists may get lucky at the end of the season (maybe not in the South stand, but next price bucket up).

For those dumping the expensive seats, I don't blame you. If I wasn't in the cheap seats I'd be doing the same.

Re the concession sales: on the rare occasion that I've bought a beer in BMO, I've not had more than one person in line ahead of me- contrast to 7-8 last season. Likewise the food stands.

I'd be interested to know what % decrease the club has seen in concession sales this season

TFC Cityboy
09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
HST is on everything...probably even table dancing
I think I read elsewhere that the 13% HST replaces the 15% entertainment tax (or somrthing like it), so if STs remain same price (yeah I know..)then MLSE is likely still getting extra 2% revenue as the ST prices include applicable taxes.
I may be wrong here, but that's how I understand it.

jazzy
09-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Correct. The funny thing is that people will pass on the game if it's $15 dollars more then they expected but will then spend 30-40 bucks on beer and merch. It is in MLSE's best business interest to get people in those seats even if it means lowering the ticket price. I don't expect MLSE employees would be nearly smart enough to figure that out though.

I learned this by throwing concerts. Keep the price low and people come in but spent ridiculous amounts on booze and t-shirts even though they would have walked away from the show if it was $5 more.

^this....PaulB potential great business mind going to waste here....don't forget if you get youngsters in those seats, there is your potential future market........and the fun factor is huge....note Raptors!...the only reason they are still here is the kids and their noise/ fun in the uppers .....suits just don't support anyone else but leafs, unless they are winning of course.......ya stupid notion, sorry

jazzy
09-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I think I read elsewhere that the 13% HST replaces the 15% entertainment tax (or somrthing like it), so if STs remain same price (yeah I know..)then MLSE is likely still getting extra 2% revenue as the ST prices include applicable taxes.
I may be wrong here, but that's how I understand it.

you sir are absolutely correct, just checked,....at gov't web....thanx..in theory our prices should drop 2 %....so if they keep that, they still can get a slight increase without raising prices........haha I'm full of laughs today.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 01:57 PM
I've got a question: with the MLS schedule being increased from 30 to 34 games, will players actually get PAID more for the additional games they play? I ask this because the MLS schedule was actually reduced from 32 games to 30 games for the 2007 season, and I don't remember reading about players getting a slight pay cut. If players don't get compensated for playing extra games, then TFC SSH packages shouldn't go up by so much as a cent?

rocker
09-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I've got a question: with the MLS schedule being increased from 30 to 34 games, will players actually get PAID more for the additional games they play? I ask this because the MLS schedule was actually reduced from 32 games to 30 games for the 2007 season, and I don't remember reading about players getting a slight pay cut. If players don't get compensated for playing extra games, then TFC SSH packages shouldn't go up by so much as a cent?

No, they don't get paid more.. they aren't compensated on a per game basis.

Here are the relevant passages in the old CBA. Players must play up to 48 games in a season, but CONCACAF wouldn't count:

Section 17.1 Duration of Pre-Season and League Season: The MLS season, from the start of
pre-season through the MLS Cup, shall be any ten (10) months.

Section 17.2 Pre-Season Training Camp: Except as provided in Section 17.3 below, no
Team may commence pre-season training camp more than nine (9) weeks prior to the first game
of the MLS regular season (the “Pre-Season Training Camp Start Date”).

Section 17.3 Number of Games: From the beginning of the MLS regular season through
December 31, each Team may not play more than forty-eight (48) exhibition (not including
scrimmage games for which tickets are not sold), regular season and playoff games, and MLS
will not schedule players for four (4) games in any seven-day period unless such schedule is
reasonably unavoidable. No MLS Team (not including Reserve Teams) may play a game within
thirty-six (36) hours after the end of a prior game unless such schedule is reasonably
unavoidable, in which case no Player shall play in both such games. Games for which tickets
are sold where players have the opportunity (through guaranteed payments or performance
bonuses) to earn at least $500, and U.S Open Cup games and other compulsory tournaments
(e.g., any CONCACAF championships) shall not count toward the 48-game limit. For avoidance
of doubt, National Team duty (including the senior and youth national teams or Olympic teams
of any nation) shall not count toward the 48-game limit. Notwithstanding Section 17.2 above,
during the off-season (i.e., the time between a Team’s elimination from MLS competition or
victory in the MLS Cup, and the Pre-Season Training Camp Start Date), Players may be required
to play in matches or to participate in training as long as such matches and training do not violate
the vacation and time-off provisions of Article 13 herein, or the provisions of this Article 17.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 02:15 PM
^Thanks for the info. If players aren't getting paid any more money, then any additional MLS league games should be included in season ticket packages at no additional cost. When it was revealed that the MLS schedule was being reduced to 30 games for the 2007 season, TFC did not reduce its SSH prices, despite the fact that prices were based on a 16-game home schedule.

Blizzard
09-18-2010, 03:48 PM
^Thanks for the info. If players aren't getting paid any more money, then any additional MLS league games should be included in season ticket packages at no additional cost. When it was revealed that the MLS schedule was being reduced to 30 games for the 2007 season, TFC did not reduce its SSH prices, despite the fact that prices were based on a 16-game home schedule.

I don't think the other folks who work at BMO on game day would take very kindly to you volunteering their services for free on game day.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-18-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't think the other folks who work at BMO on game day would take very kindly to you volunteering their services for free on game day.

Haha, okay you're right on that note. However, the additional two MLS games shouldn't cost as much in proportion to the other 15 home games. How much does it cost to run BMO on game day vs. the cost of the team payroll per game?

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
The invoice appears on my account manager now.

Its looking like $433 for a south end season ticket.

I'm pretty sure that includes the MLS Cup ticket.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-20-2010, 05:13 PM

$323 last season for renewel rate i think......considering the strides this team has made in the last four years............i think i just threw up in my mouth..!

Thats a $340 hike on my 3 seats.....NOT HAPPY!

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
$323 last season for renewel rate i think......considering the strides this team has made in the last four years............i think i just threw up in my mouth..!

Thats a $340 hike on my 3 seats.....NOT HAPPY!

Yes, it was $323 last year.

At least the $12 account fee didn't go up. :rolleyes:

Nuvinho
09-20-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/index2.html

here you go...all the info you need.

rocker
09-20-2010, 05:25 PM

thanks.

So they took the double-cost friendly ticket and divided it into 2 games, which become league games (which I expected). The Nutrilite games remain at 2 (I guess the format is the same). What they've added is MLS Cup and the playin game for CL and the first group stage game.

22 games.

Suds
09-20-2010, 05:28 PM

I think it's kind of funny the "Benefits" link has not info ... so, no benefit to renewing?? ;)

rocker
09-20-2010, 05:30 PM
I think it's kind of funny the "Benefits" link has not info ... so, no benefit to renewing?? ;)

there's text there. is it blank for you?

Nuvinho
09-20-2010, 05:39 PM
I am trying to break down the cost of regular games, premium games, etc.

but for my seats (D-Greys), if you average out all the games (incl. MLS Cup) its $105/pair.

rocker
09-20-2010, 05:42 PM
this past season we had 15 league games, 1 friendly, and 2 Nutrilite, correct?

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-20-2010, 05:46 PM
The information was in account a minute ago, but now it's disappeared. Seems a bit weird.

Wagner
09-20-2010, 05:46 PM
433 - 58 for MLS cup = 375.

2007 = $200 per package
2008 = $240 per package
2009 = $280 per package
2010 = $320 per package
2011 = $375 per package

Yes it's a few more games.
I concede that.
And I do like that they appear to be scrapping friendlies.
but the trend is still the wrong way...the team is back to square 1.
And we have no reason to believe that season 5 is going to be anything other than a rebuilding season.

I wish opting out of the MLS cup was an option.
I know they need to ensure a sell out. But that's not really my problem.

I've blindly paid over the first 4 seasons...and to be honest...the return isn't really there.
I get more out of my RPB membership...and that has nothing to do with being a SSH.
Which makes me wonder, why do I maintain season tix?

I do appreciate the 4 payment installments...that 40% at xmas time was a killer.

866 / 4 = $216.50 per month.

$400 , $500 per year for my seasons wasn't so bad....
but as we get closer to $1000...for a pair in the south end...the value isn't there. (unless the team started to play both winning and exciting football)
Praise all things holy that Preki-ball is going away.

Cashcleaner
09-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Ummmmm...

Something's not right here. You see, last year I paid $361.00 plus the handling fee. Now I'm being asked to pay $479.00 for my 2011 tickets?

Does this sound right? Is this correct, or have I lost all sense of basic mathematics?

Suds
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
there's text there. is it blank for you?

just keeps reloading the home page ... no biggie, just got a laugh out of it

Suds
09-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Ummmmm...

Something's not right here. You see, last year I paid $361.00 plus the handling fee. Now I'm being asked to pay $479.00 for my 2011 tickets?

Does this sound right? Is this correct, or have I lost all sense of basic mathematics?

The actual cost/game has gone up for Dark Grey. Very little, but it has gone up. What pushes the overall price up is the MLS Cup and the extra league games.

Azerban
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
remember when i posted a thread about ST info coming out because we actually won a game and some scrub-tier mod moved it to off-topic even though that doesn't make sense

welp

Suds
09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
The information was in account a minute ago, but now it's disappeared. Seems a bit weird.

Yeah. Someone jumped the gun at Ticketmaster. I could still get to it by going to Edit Profile > View/Pay Open Invoices but that has been removed now.

Auzzy
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I haven't tried to figure out the per-game price yet for SSH's. Ticket price increase for single games is generally $1 per seat/per game. I bet season's are similar -- plus the additional games.

HOWEVER, the one big surprise for me is the North End/light blue seats. This season they were priced the same as medium gray, which I thought was fair after sitting in both. However, next season, they're priced about half-way between medium gray & dark gray. That's a 20% price increase ABOVE the general $1-per-game increase.

This year there were no SSH's in the north end, and I think it often didn't sell out. Next year there will be SSH's there, and I bet most of the new season's seats will there. That will be the "price of admission" so to speak for newcomers/latecomers like me. (On "gold list" now after buying a Marlie's pack this year.)

In that case, I'll probably pass. If I can't get season's in light grey or max. medium gray (fat chance, I know), I'll try to get a non-Marlie's partial pack in light grey again. I bet there will be plenty of seats available for the other games via ticket trader & the rest. Saves me the hassle of having to dump seats for the few games I can't make it.

Hmmm, I hope the stadium isn't going to be even more empty & dead some days/nights next year. At these prices, they better bring a TOP manager, TOP coach, some real DPs, and some attractive, winning footy. Yeah, even less of a fat chance, I know...

Pinkie
09-20-2010, 06:02 PM
so basically my tickets are now 479$ each. and i was forced to buy the mls cup tickets.

that is so much more than i paid last year...at least i don't have to give a giant chunk before christmas! oh and because I am not paying by credit card, i have to prepay for the 2010 playoff tickets even though i KNOW we're not going to make it. love.it.

Wagner
09-20-2010, 06:06 PM
that $866 or $958 number seems so much higher.

Again, i wish i could opt out of the MLS Cup.
it would make it easier to swallow.
$750 for my seasons vs $866...

And I'm in the yellow...i feel for you guys in the prawnies.

Pigfynn
09-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't want to go to the MLS CUP final and I don't want to pay for it. Without the $50 for that I can deal with the 2011 price.

rocker
09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
And I'm in the yellow...i feel for you guys in the prawnies.

did prawnies really go up much? nobody has commented on club or red seats.

My dark greys are pretty much the same per-game cost.

Canada72
As a Gold Lister (Marlies packs two years in a row!!) I wonder what my chances are for M Grey? or D Grey? Looks like I should be able to get L Blue.

Since Seat Relocation is end of Oct or early Nov I guess I have to wait until then.

Hopefully I'll get a chance for Season Seats before MLS Cup tickets go on sale (I'm going to the MLS CUP) but the timing will be close.

Pinkie
Again, i wish i could opt out of the MLS Cup.

yeah i think i'm going to scalp mine if the teams aren't worth it...it'll help me pay off my seats!

Nuvinho
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
there has to be an option to opt-out for MLS Cup.

if they sell out all 18,000 season seats....that means only 4,000 seasts for MLS sponsors, fans of the 2 teams.

ArmenJBX
09-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Do you think I'd have a good chance at getting seasons this year, being on the red list for oh so very long?

I have no problem taking anyones seats if they're not going to renew :D Preferably 2 side by side, 3 would be even better. I guess after I'm sent an email we'll see what happens :D

Red CB Toronto
09-20-2010, 06:52 PM
You have to remember it is actually 3 more games, since they are charging you for the three Canadian Championship games, Vancouver, Montreal and Edmonton plus the preliminary CCL game, which I guess if for some reason don't make it, they will refund it/credit it back.

I figure the renewing rate for this year, say in light grey will be the new season ticket holders rate in 2010, $399 + $1.00 for a total of $400.00. So if it is correct as mentioned above, that the price on the invoice is $491, they are charging you around $90 for the MLS Cup.

deltox
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
it says only 2 CC games,,,,,, i dont think edmonton will be there?

Suds
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM

Updated

Per game price for Dark Grey went up $1 on the list prices. So it's nominal increase per game for the league games. The same holds true for Red and Yellow per game pricing (based on renewal cost , not new season buyer price)

Last year we got 18 games (15 MLS, 1 Carlsberg Cup, 2 Canadian Champ)
This year we get 20 games + 2 CONCACAF if we qualify (17 MLS, 1 MLS Cup, 2 Canadian Champ, potenicaly 2 CONCACAF games)

Suds
09-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Do you think I'd have a good chance at getting seasons this year, being on the red list for oh so very long?

I have no problem taking anyones seats if they're not going to renew :D Preferably 2 side by side, 3 would be even better. I guess after I'm sent an email we'll see what happens :D

If you're willing to buy the higher priced seats, (Dark Grey and up), I'd say you'll have a good chance.

Yeoman
09-20-2010, 07:00 PM
sigh
are they going to have to charge of via CC?
cuz i got rid of mine
well, sounds like i'm back to scratch again

ArmenJBX
09-20-2010, 07:00 PM
lol I'm on a student budget :D If I had that kinda money we wouldn't have this problem :D

Red CB Toronto
09-20-2010, 07:01 PM
it says only 2 CC games,,,,,, i dont think edmonton will be there?

Well something has changed then since Paul's original tweet about 2011 season tickets said three NCC plus the first CCL game.

http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/status/24523502127

Suds
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
lol I'm on a student budget :D If I had that kinda money we wouldn't have this problem :D

haha ... wait until you're in University .. you can use your student loan to buy tickets :D

mlsintoronto
09-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Well something has changed then since Paul's original tweet about 2011 season tickets said three NCC plus the first CCL game.

http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/status/24523502127

We're not sure what the makeup of the NCC is yet. So we put 4 games in the package. Season ticket holders will get the first 4 games we qualify for: so if the NCC is 3, then you'll get the CCL preliminary game.

if NCC is only 2 then you'll get the preliminary game and the first group stage. If we don't proceed then you'll get a credit.

sidvan
09-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Club seats are up $365 per seat plus factor in the lounge access fee of $300 and the total for a pair of seats is $4598 or $104.50/game per seat (assuming 2 Nutrilite & 2 CCL , 17 MLS, MLS Cup)

This year the number is $1634 plus $300 lounge fee for 18 games - $107.45/game

price per game is down but would be better if I could opt out of MLS Cup

too rich for my blood now.

canadian_bhoy
09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
We're not sure what the makeup of the NCC is yet. So we put 4 games in the package. Season ticket holders will get the first 4 games we qualify for: so if the NCC is 3, then you'll get the CCL preliminary game.

if NCC is only 2 then you'll get the preliminary game and the first group stage. If we don't proceed then you'll get a credit.

Why are you raising the price of Season tickets?

MG42
09-20-2010, 07:26 PM

That is a question I would like answered as well...I feel pissed off renewing this year and I don't like it lol

rocker
09-20-2010, 07:34 PM

students shouldn't be attending 22 TFC games.. they should be home studying.

Regards, your professor.

ArmenJBX
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
students shouldn't be attending 22 TFC games.. they should be home studying.

Regards, your professor.

I have siblings and a dad who would easily go the days I don't :D
Where do you teach if you don't mind me asking? :D

Anyways, mlsintoronto, just one very simple question which I think deserves an answer;

Will there be marlies packs this year.........?

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't like the decision to include the MLS Cup in the package - why would TFC STH's want to be forced to pay to see two other teams play in the MLS Cup? Is there a remotely satisfactory answer to this question? At least the compulsory friendly match had our team playing in it!

The rest is alright. Glad to see the friendly match removed from the package. The remaining price increase is pretty simply explained by the fact that there are more games in next year's package.

But putting the MLS Cup in, I just don't understand. Was it a prerequisite to MLS agreeing to hold the final in Canada? Is it a requirement of any hosting team to charge STH's for Cup seats?

If it isn't, how is this defensible? I'd love to see an actual argument put forth, but I suspect Paul isn't going to respond.

- Scott

Nuvinho
09-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Its gonna be hard to sell MLS Cup tickets I think. There will be a flood of them on the market.

ArmenJBX
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
If Toronto FC makes it to the playoff finals, MLSE will look like Santa Clause giving supporters easy access to the game.

That being said, based on the standings.......

MFG1
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Shove those tickets and their prices so far up your ass MLSE, you are ripping people off and you know it. This is not football/soccer, and as for the last three years how can you honestly look 16000 people in the face and ask them to pay a penny more. Shame on you, really. I am wasting my breath, you greedy short sighted glutonous pigs, Hooray Corporatism!! I'm out.

ArmenJBX
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
What baffles me is that they continue to raise prices when play hasn't earned it AND there's expansion to 30,000...

Pachuco
09-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm too lazy to do the math and go and figure out how many games we had last year as opposed to this year. But does anybody know exactly how much the greys went up by? Per game?

Joe Kool
09-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I bet the friendly is only gone because they have the higher priced MLS Cup game, which they desperately want to do well, to replace it. I would be surprised if at least one friendly doesn't make it's return the following year. All speculation of course. I still don't see where they will group the traveling support for the teams when they are selling 18000 season tickets spread out in the stadium. I suspect most of the 2000 increase will be the north end.

neuf
09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
2007 South end prices - $200 for 18 games = $11.11 per game
2011 South end prices - $433 for 22 games = $19.68 per game

Increase of 77% since season one. Nice.

Cashcleaner
09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
remember when i posted a thread about ST info coming out because we actually won a game and some scrub-tier mod moved it to off-topic even though that doesn't make sense

welp

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 08:35 PM

I'm going to go look at mine and then tell my rep to tell his boss to put the tickets up his ass

sully
09-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Can you change to half-seasons if you have full-seasons? This is getting just too expensive.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
he wont answer that......haha

supply and demand....:rolleyes:

TDOT ON MY SHIRT.. NO MORE YEARS OF HURT..ITS COMING.........

MFG1
09-20-2010, 08:42 PM

and they turned a profit in the first season, as well.

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm going to go look at mine and then tell my rep to tell his boss to put the tickets up his ass
ok just look at my my account manager and did not see nothing

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 08:47 PM
he wont answer that......haha

supply and demand....:rolleyes:

TDOT ON MY SHIRT.. NO MORE YEARS OF HURT..ITS COMING.........
there is no demand

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM

welcome to the world of mlse......

they must be blind......they cant even fill the highend seats as it is.......and now im sure the south end will start to filter out

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
there is no demand

sarcaism..my man sarcasim..:D

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
there is no demand

What do you base that on? That a bunch of STH's stopped showing up to games? Those are still sold tickets to MLSE, and if they don'r renew, MLSE simply turn to the waiting list.

If ST renewals drop precipitously this year, I don't expect prices to go up again. But until then, they had over 90% renewal rates last season.

- Scott

TFC Cityboy
09-20-2010, 08:51 PM
MLSE- I do not wish to be forced to pay to watch NY Fizzy Drinks vs LA bloody Galaxy in order to renew my TFC Season Ticket.

Seriously thinking about dropping out as This Is Utter Bullshit and Is screwing those loyal fans who have stuck by this team thru 4 years of shit football.

Super
09-20-2010, 08:52 PM
welcome to the world of mlse......

they must be blind......they cant even fill the highend seats as it is.......and now im sure the south end will start to filter out

I have to admit that I believe that they'll struggle to sell the season tickets this time around. Personally I would've shown the fans a bit of respect and lowered the cost. But alas, they didn't. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
What do you base that on? That a bunch of STH's stopped showing up to games? Those are still sold tickets to MLSE, and if they don'r renew, MLSE simply turn to the waiting list.

If ST renewals drop precipitously this year, I don't expect prices to go up again. But until then, they had over 90% renewal rates last season.

- Scott

those seats...were eatin up by the brokers..they cant even give them away.....people on the waiting list wont touch these tickets if there not renewed..not a chance...at those prices

werewolf
09-20-2010, 08:56 PM

If my signature wasn't so legendary, I would change it to the above.

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 08:59 PM
I have to admit that I believe that they'll struggle to sell the season tickets this time around. Personally I would've shown the fans a bit of respect and lowered the cost. But alas, they didn't. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

I'm shocked they didn't freeze the prices this year in a token nod to the frustrated supporters as well, but my guess is this decision must have been made weeks ago - long before this season became another one for the memory hole. Not to say they wouldn't have raised them anyway, of course.

However, this is capitalism at work I guess. If you don't like it, then don't renew. If your'e right and they struggle to sell ST's for next season, then they will certainly get the message quickly.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
those seats...were eatin up by the brokers..they cant even give them away.....people on the waiting list wont touch these tickets if there not renewed..not a chance...at those prices

This is an information-less supposition from you. You could be right. You could be completely wrong.

- Scott

MFG1
09-20-2010, 09:03 PM
^ no they wont look how long it took them to do it for the leafs

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 09:07 PM
^ no they wont look how long it took them to do it for the leafs

Because people keep buying the tickets at the prices they sell them. That was the entire point of what I said.

If I sell a widgets at $50 a pop and no one buys them, I'm either going to lower my price, or try a different line of work.

- Scott

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 09:08 PM
it's as easy as this...

good by mls
hello csl the owner there care about there fans

werewolf
09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Milltown FC season tickets were $69.

nascarguy
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I know I'm thinking about getting them or hamilton

Wagner
09-20-2010, 09:16 PM

But the product has gotten 77% better....:picard:
yes we have grass...but we also got Edu Money...and we'll soon get Frei Money...

I know I chose to put a lot of time and money into this thing...but to be forced to buy tix to see the MLS Cup which I won't really care about...
I know the $400 in 2006...was pretty low.
but $900 doesn't seem to be worth it...i'm really struggling with what I'm going to do. (Getting married this winter...honeymoon or a rebuilding season)

Pachuco
09-20-2010, 09:16 PM

- Scott

I think it's a little more then that though. It's the amount of seats they didn't sell to games that they didn't shove up our ass (concacaf games).

it's the fact that when I don't go to a game I pretty much have to settle for giving them away for free or hope to god that someone else is willing to trade for another game that they can't make it too. Which then in turn means I have to give those away for free as well.

There is no demand, it is all manufactured by MLSE at this point. I swear there is a crap load of people that really don't care to go anymore. it's obvious just amongts my friends and family.

TFC Cityboy
09-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Mods- I think this deserves its own updated-named thread

TFC Cityboy
09-20-2010, 09:20 PM
If my signature wasn't so legendary, I would change it to the above.
I'm happy to nick it for my signature and would urge others to do likewise

rocker
09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
but $900 doesn't seem to be worth it...i'm really struggling with what I'm going to do. (Getting married this winter...honeymoon or a rebuilding season)

How much did you spend on that engagement ring for her? ;)

Alonso
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM

I'm with ya, if my seasons go up one cent I'm in serious doubt of renewing... I'm not even going to take an inflation increase. We deserve a discount for the farce the management of this team has been.

Oblio2
09-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Well, I was the 7th prson to EVER sign up for season tix.
I have 2 in 110 and 2 in 127 (Got those last season)....and based on the the price increase, the raping at concessions and that we are still shit, 4 years into a 5 year plan with that starting again next season...I am most probably bowing out.
:(

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I think it's a little more then that though. It's the amount of seats they didn't sell to games that they didn't shove up our ass (concacaf games).

it's the fact that when I don't go to a game I pretty much have to settle for giving them away for free or hope to god that someone else is willing to trade for another game that they can't make it too. Which then in turn means I have to give those away for free as well.

There is no demand, it is all manufactured by MLSE at this point. I swear there is a crap load of people that really don't care to go anymore. it's obvious just amongts my friends and family.

I don't necessarily dispute your point here Pachuco, but manufactured or not, they are still selling the seats. Eventually people are going to have to start refusing to renew in droves, for them to truly get the message from the fans. Perhaps that will happen this year.

I'd be interested to see how MLSE view the CONCACAF games - if they just view it as bonus cash, or if they plan to reduce the price of tickets to encourage more single ticket sales.

- Scott

TFC Cityboy
09-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, I was the 7th prson to EVER sign up for season tix.
I have 2 in 110 and 2 in 127 (Got those last season)....and based on the the price increase, the raping at concessions and that we are still shit, 4 years into a 5 year plan with that starting again next season...I am most probably bowing out.
:(
READ THIS, PAUL B.

You are killing the golden goose.

werewolf
09-20-2010, 10:05 PM
READ THIS, PAUL B.

You are killing the golden goose.

It's too late. Prices are now really going to drive people away with the team playing like it is. Even if they were a successful team, its price-skimming now. A future price-freeze (though after a recession and last place finishes, I am not sure what would cause one) is still freezing it at a higher level.

It's all down hill from here.

menefreghista
09-20-2010, 10:08 PM

LOL. He won't answer that. He never answers the tough questions.

The bottom line is that they think they can. Personally, I think they are gambling that the demand is still there for the higher priced season seats. But it would probably take one bad renewal period for them to lower their pricing.

I do get a kick out of the prices for the north end seats. It appears they want the north end to look as sparse next year as it did this year.

By the way, can anyone confirm for sure whether we have a choice for the MLS Cup?

VPjr
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Not to mention if they miraculously qualified. Dino do you think you could afford to send Milltown to Honduras? I wish CSL was in the NCC but they won't even be looked at under they are more financially secure and they expand out west.

totally off topic but in response to a direct question:

Finding the money to handle long distance travel is not the issue...being involved in the Voyageurs Cup would bring us HUGE sponsorship potential that would allow us to cover those travel costs. That is very high profile.

The biggest issue is that most CSL clubs do not play in a facility that is suitable for NCC play or CCL play.

the CSA has said that they need to know for certain that CSL clubs have the ability to fund a full run in the NCC/CCL. This is a fair request but I submit that they should set the criteria that would allow us to gain access to this tournament and then give the league champion a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of the season (lets say 90 days) to secure the necessary financing (in the form of a security deposit) to permit that team to participate.

I also suggest that the CSL champion (as a lower division club) be required to take part in a play-in versus the lowest ranked team from the previous year's NCC. The winner of that play-in gets to take part in the full NCC tournament.

Alonso
09-20-2010, 10:24 PM
I have 2 STs in 115 and have been on the platinum list for extras since the list was introduced in 2007. I need 2 more STs as I bring Mrs Cityboy and the young hoolies to every match. I sense that people on the platinum and gold lists may get lucky at the end of the season (maybe not in the South stand, but next price bucket up).

For those dumping the expensive seats, I don't blame you. If I wasn't in the cheap seats I'd be doing the same.

Re the concession sales: on the rare occasion that I've bought a beer in BMO, I've not had more than one person in line ahead of me- contrast to 7-8 last season. Likewise the food stands.

I'd be interested to know what % decrease the club has seen in concession sales this season

Yeah ML$E is catering to the wrong crowd... its the young, passionate, beer guzzling crowd that they've been pushing away with higher ticket prices and to much crowd control. And as the passion leaves so will the $$$.

I really think sports teams in Toronto are going to be seeing a new era where fans will increasingly hold them more accountable and ask for value for their dollar.... Blue Jays, Argos, TFC, Raptors are all going to see falling revenues and the Leafs will certainly see increasing disinterest.

VPjr
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM

and you can bring 2 kids under 12 to the game for free with 1 of those passes.....

and a pretty nice scarf too!

and a 25% discount off all team merchandise

and a discount on playoff tickets.

CretanBull
09-20-2010, 10:37 PM
and you can bring 2 kids under 12 to the game for free with 1 of those passes.....

Can you get yourself a MLS team? Soon? Please?

VPjr
09-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Can you get yourself a MLS team? Soon? Please?

honestly...no thanks.

My partners and I are passionate about helping make the CSL a league Canada can be proud of. The MLS is and always will be a US league, and will never really be the solution to Canada's player development problem

I really wish people would really give the CSL a chance. Support the team in your neighbourhood or just pick a squad you like. Set aside $20.00 a year to get out to a couple of matches. Believe me, you won't be disappointed and the more fans we can attract, the more we can reinvest in the product on the field.

I've said it a bunch of times....the CSL is the best value for your sports dollar in Ontario, bar none.

JonO
09-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Fuck! A seat in the reds was $960 in 2007. The renewal price for 2011 is $1562. That's a $602 increase per ticket!!! I was thinking about downgrading to dark greys, but now I'm not even sure I want to take the chance that I won't find a seat I like. To reiterate, fuck!

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-20-2010, 11:01 PM
honestly...no thanks.

My partners and I are passionate about helping make the CSL a league Canada can be proud of. The MLS is and always will be a US league, and will never really be the solution to Canada's player development problem

I really wish people would really give the CSL a chance. Support the team in your neighbourhood or just pick a squad you like. Set aside $20.00 a year to get out to a couple of matches. Believe me, you won't be disappointed and the more fans we can attract, the more we can reinvest in the product on the field.

I've said it a bunch of times....the CSL is the best value for your sports dollar in Ontario, bar none.

Super OT, but what if Milltown was approached by TFC about members of their coaching staff? A flat out no or would the potential compensation paid be worth it in terms of investing in the team?

RedRum
09-20-2010, 11:02 PM
The numbers don't lie, supporters are getting screwed next season.

http://imgur.com/tcmIm.png

CretanBull
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM
honestly...no thanks.

If the CSL ever comes to the Durham region I'll be on board. I've never been as fed up as I am now with MLSE.

I'm not a Leafs fan, but I usually go to 2-3 games a year because I like hockey. Not any more. I've had partial packs (6 games) for the Raptors for the past few years. Not any more.

The main reason for me sticking with TFC is because there's an organized fan base who might actually influence things. If things get better, TFC will have me for life. If they continue on the path that they're on, they'll lose me for life.

JonO
09-20-2010, 11:12 PM
The numbers don't lie, supporters are getting screwed next season. Everyone is getting screwed. The supporters % is likely skewed by the relative high cost of the MLS final (as compared to the red, for example). At the end of the day, regardless of %, a real dollar increase of $200 per ticket for the reds also really hurts.

VPjr
09-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Super OT, but what if Milltown was approached by TFC about members of their coaching staff? A flat out no or would the potential compensation paid be worth it in terms of investing in the team?

well, that's a very good question.

If they approached us, we'd have to listen. No proper professional club would ever want to deny its coaching staff the opportunity to take a step up the ladder professionally if preseented with a formal offer. That would be wrong.

Much in the same way as we want to be a pathway for players to graduate to the next level, the same would apply for coaches.

VPjr
09-20-2010, 11:27 PM
If the CSL ever comes to the Durham region I'll be on board. I've never been as fed up as I am now with MLSE.

based on what the CSL commissioner said on Rogers TV recently, there is apparently interst from Durham region.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-20-2010, 11:32 PM
well, that's a very good question.

If they approached us, we'd have to listen. No proper professional club would ever want to deny its coaching staff the opportunity to take a step up the ladder professionally if preseented with a formal offer. That would be wrong.

Much in the same way as we want to be a pathway for players to graduate to the next level, the same would apply for coaches.

I'd like to think that Rafael Carbajal is at least in the conversation for the coaching job at TFC. I know it would be a huge loss for Milltown, but having someone that share's, or embodies even, Milltown's philosophy at TFC could do a lot of good for Canadian soccer.

Joe Kool
09-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I do get a kick out of the prices for the north end seats. It appears they want the north end to look as sparse next year as it did this year.

By the way, can anyone confirm for sure whether we have a choice for the MLS Cup?

I think there will be people buying up the Light Blue section if it is available because I would if I wanted my foot in the door from the gold list and didn't want to get stuck with Dark Greys like I did my first year. Light Blue still saves you money.

According to the renewal info there is no choice...MLS Cup is part of the package.

Alonso
09-21-2010, 12:26 AM
it's as easy as this...

good by mls
hello csl the owner there care about there fans

That's the most beautiful argument that your inarticulate self has ever made.

I think Milltown FC is a much closer drive, they win more games, and, the prices are way better!

habstfc
09-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I think there will be people buying up the Light Blue section if it is available because I would if I wanted my foot in the door from the gold list and didn't want to get stuck with Dark Greys like I did my first year. Light Blue still saves you money.

According to the renewal info there is no choice...MLS Cup is part of the package.

Light blue are some of my favourite seats at bmo but going from 40 bucks to 50 is a disgrace. I like them much better than the south end but not at this new price point. I was probably going to pick these as seasons if they were available to gold list members but not now. Unless light grey or yellow are available I don't think I'm buying seasons and I've been on the waiting list for 2 years.

Alonso
09-21-2010, 12:39 AM

I'm not a Leafs fan, but I usually go to 2-3 games a year because I like hockey. Not any more. I've had partial packs (6 games) for the Raptors for the past few years. Not any more.

The main reason for me sticking with TFC is because there's an organized fan base who might actually influence things. If things get better, TFC will have me for life. If they continue on the path that they're on, they'll lose me for life.

Dude, I just sent an email to my TFC rep expressing these exact sentiments. I was a Leaf fan, I was a Raptor fan, I might not be a TFC fan for much longer.

These guys (ML$E) are fucked!

Super
09-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Fuck! A seat in the reds was $960 in 2007. The renewal price for 2011 is $1562. That's a $602 increase per ticket!!! I was thinking about downgrading to dark greys, but now I'm not even sure I want to take the chance that I won't find a seat I like. To reiterate, fuck!

That's incredible. That's more than your average season ticket cost at top 5 in the Premier League. INSANITY!!!

Toronto Ruffrider
09-21-2010, 12:56 AM
I find it interesting that MLSE will be raising the number of season tickets to 18,000. MLSE assumes that despite all of the complaining, the SSH renewal rate will stay in the mid-90% range and everything will be peachy. In past seasons, supporters complained but the organisation called their bluff. This time around, subscribers are going to bail.

CretanBull
09-21-2010, 01:44 AM
That's incredible. That's more than your average season ticket cost at top 5 in the Premier League. INSANITY!!!

The most expensive season ticket to a Spurs game is 400 less -in relative terms - for 21 home games (19 home league games + first 2 home cup ties). They're paying substancially less to watch a product that's infinitely better.

Brooker
09-21-2010, 02:24 AM
I can't wait for that dork Paul Beirn to come in here, crack a shitty joke and tell us how much we mean to the club.

I like how he said what great supporters we had today. Him and his friends sure have a funny way of showing it.

Jeff s
09-21-2010, 02:26 AM
lol this is funny. Never been to a play off game, and we're the most expensive team to watch in the mls. NICE.

Love how I'm forced to buy the mls finals tix.:rolleyes:

Keep it up guys, the fan base that you advertise a lot on, (cause you can't really make a big fuss about how the team is playing :rolleyes:) will soon go away and turn BMO to fucking library at this rate.

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 06:39 AM

Thanks. I'm contacting my rep today to see if you can remove them anyways. I know they have done stuff like that in the past.

Cashcleaner
09-21-2010, 07:07 AM
The numbers don't lie, supporters are getting screwed next season.

http://imgur.com/tcmIm.png

Absolutely we are. Take a good, hard look at this, everyone. It's bad enough that my seat in the Light Greys (Section 111) are getting hit with an increase of over 8%, but I can't even begin to imagine how angry I would be if I had to pay almost 10% for being in the Supporters Section.

For me, dropping my season tickets is a likely scenario for 2011. I don't think I can justify spending the $479.00. If we were a world-class team playing in a world-class venue, the price would reflect those luxuries. Instead, I'm paying EPL prices to watch MLS quality. And I gotta tell you, there's just no comparison in that department.

Technorgasm
09-21-2010, 07:08 AM
call me crazy but LESS than $500 for south end seats is still a good deal.

Its the fucks (like I used to be) in the prawn seats gettin the royal bend-over.

Im never leaving the cheap seats!!

Section 110
09-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Hey Guys,

I just emailed my ticket rep to ask if, in fact, the MLS Cup tickets are to be included and if so, that I'd like to speak to someone about removing them. If we all get on this, MLSE will feel the pressure. Right now, MLS Cup tickets or not, we are paying inflated prices for a substandard product. We deserve better - we're the reason that, at the MLSE state of the union held for the employees a couple weeks ago, they bragged about how much $ they've made off of TFC.

I'm sick of paying for this sub par product. I'm willing to give it a little more time, but I am insulted when ticket prices will go up and we're forced to buy tickets to the Cup because MLSE knows they'll have a ton of empty seats!

Contact your ticket rep!!! Complain!!! Let's take a stand.

mastermixer
09-21-2010, 07:27 AM
So by raising the season ticket base to 18000 and increasing per game prices on every level they are squeezing every last drop they can out of BMO field, even though the product they are offering is one of the worst in MLS. Good plan MLSE. Once again you have prioritized profits over fanbase.
Someone earlier mentioned that this will push away the hard working beer guzzling REAL fans and bring in those "what team are we playing?" corporoate suits. Ever been to leafs game mid season... you can hear a puck drop most of the game. Looks like we are going the same way.

Oblio2
09-21-2010, 07:27 AM

Ouch!!!!:facepalm:

H Bomb
09-21-2010, 07:31 AM
I've just seen this for the first time and am flabergasted. After a year of reduced attendance and a huge drop off in enthsiasm around the city they have the gaul to raise the ticket prices more that 100 dollars? I'm amazed. This is just more proof that EVERYONE who holds a position of power in the Org are destroying what we are trying to create. Shame on you MLSE, the quicker you fuck off, the better for everyone. Yet another day I'm embarrassed to call myself a TFC supporter.

Dave67
09-21-2010, 07:32 AM
I'm just having a problem justifying $1,580 to have a pair in lower 110. I can't justify it to my wife and I can't justify to myself. The club has gone insane.

mastermixer
09-21-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm just having a problem justifying $1,580 to have a pair in lower 110. I can't justify it to my wife and I can't justify to myself. The club has gone insane.

That's ok... a couple of senior vp's at that hedge fund on Bay Street will surely take those tickets from you and use them as bait for clients who don't give a rat's ass about TFC. That's what MLSE wants. They don't want real fans anymore apparently. :facepalm:

scooter
09-21-2010, 07:37 AM
how can they justify increasing ticket prices with a sub par product on the field ??

they must be either stupid or cant control the greed

as much as i hate to say it i may not renew

mastermixer
09-21-2010, 07:39 AM
how can they justify increasing ticket prices with a sub par product on the field ??

they must be either stupid or cant control the greed

I prob won't renew and just by my tickets off craigslist for every game. Even this year I saw tickets being sold for half of what they are worth. I'll save a fortune.

CretanBull
09-21-2010, 07:39 AM

You're not alone.

menefreghista
09-21-2010, 07:40 AM
That's ok... a couple of senior vp's at that hedge fund on Bay Street will surely take those tickets from you and use them as bait for clients who don't give a rat's ass about TFC. That's what MLSE wants. They don't want real fans anymore apparently. :facepalm:

The thing is I wonder if there is even much demand for the higher priced tickets anymore. I bet there isn't.

What I think we are seeing is TFC FO trying to squeeze out every last damn cent from us they can. Only when there is a push back from the fans in the form of less renewals will they lower prices.

My prediction is that next season the price for the higher priced seats goes down. But the south end and corners continue to go up.

Cashcleaner
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Hey Guys,

I just emailed my ticket rep to ask if, in fact, the MLS Cup tickets are to be included and if so, that I'd like to speak to someone about removing them. If we all get on this, MLSE will feel the pressure. Right now, MLS Cup tickets or not, we are paying inflated prices for a substandard product. We deserve better - we're the reason that, at the MLSE state of the union held for the employees a couple weeks ago, they bragged about how much $ they've made off of TFC.

I'm sick of paying for this sub par product. I'm willing to give it a little more time, but I am insulted when ticket prices will go up and we're forced to buy tickets to the Cup because MLSE knows they'll have a ton of empty seats!

Contact your ticket rep!!! Complain!!! Let's take a stand.

Doing it right now. They can't ignore all of us.

Dave67
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
I gave an unearned amount of love and support to this team because I wanted it to survive and thrive. They did nothing to earn it before I gave it to them. Me and so many of you just gave it to them. It's fucking MLS poor ass soccer we watch. I always thought I would be able to afford it. This is now getting stupid.

canadian_bhoy
09-21-2010, 07:46 AM

Its the fucks (like I used to be) in the prawn seats gettin the royal bend-over.

A good deal compared to what?

Fan: "Hey, why are you charging me 70% more than you did in season 1?"

MLSE "It's still under $500 - that's a good deal"

Fan: Compared to what? We have some of the highest priced tickets in the league.

MLSE "Yeah, but Leaf fans shell out 10k a year to buy their season tickets - you should call yourself lucky".

Fan: But the leafs are one of the most historic franchises in the world's best hockey league. TFC is a second rate team in a third rate league.

MLSE: What if we give you premium STH onsale prices

Fan: What the hell does that mean?

MLSE:...we don't know. Shut up and buy a hot dog.

sulfur
09-21-2010, 07:49 AM
MLSE:...we don't know. Shut up and buy a beer.
Fixed.

Workie
09-21-2010, 08:03 AM

Because they know we love our game. Even when we are shite we still support our team.

They know we will complain on the internet and do nothing about it. Make some noise here then buy or tickets and start the cycle over.

It makes me sick. I'm not kidding I'm buying my tickets again but I keep asking why? I'm gutted, tired and fed up.

Used to be excited before a game now I just go and await the disaster.

But I still show up and still by my tickets.
I just want to know why I should be buying them?

Again they are pimping the atmosphere in the vid. How about the game. Oh wait we don't have one and will not next year as we change over again.

I'm so pissed I can't keep on one train of thoought here.
Regardless.

We know we will still buy tickets even if less than before and they know they will still get money from us. Pimp the atmo and make money off us.

EOR

Ben - D.O.W.
09-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Wow the new invoice is painful to look at.

So what's the deal with renewals - if I want to relocate (because I can't afford my dark greys next year) I have to put my 25% down and then hope that I can switch seats a month later? And if not I'm stuck having spent that money? Sounds really unappealling to renew right now.

CretanBull
09-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Again they are pimping the atmosphere in the vid.

"Give us your money to enjoy the atmosphere seen in this promotional video! Please note: due to price increases the people who created this atmosphere can't afford to come to games any more so please don't expect to actually experience the atmosphere seen in this video. It's a thing of the past. But give me your money."

CretanBull
09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow the new invoice is painful to look at.

So what's the deal with renewals - if I want to relocate (because I can't afford my dark greys next year) I have to put my 25% down and then hope that I can switch seats a month later? And if not I'm stuck having spent that money? Sounds really unappealling to renew right now.

For the low, low price of $20 they'll use official MLSE brand lube before fucking you. Feel better? :D

Ben - D.O.W.
09-21-2010, 08:23 AM
For the low, low price of $20 they'll use official MLSE brand lube before fucking you. Feel better? :D

Only if they bought me dinner first.

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 08:28 AM
after year one I came back for the atmosphere. Now that tickets are so easy to get from anywhere. I have no need to buy season tickets when I can buy them the min I get off the gotrain for cheaper then the box office.

Guess what mlse your not the only football team anymore lower the price or kiss my ass !

flatpicker
09-21-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm stunned.
I'm insulted.
I'm hurt.

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Im never leaving the cheap seats!!your crazy:hump:

CretanBull
09-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Only if they bought me dinner first.

They will buy you dinner (and charge it to your account...a happy meal costs $45, right?)

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2010, 08:36 AM
I've maintained all along that the pricing structure should range from approximately $20-$50 throughout the stadium. At face value, $20 per game in the south end is still reasonable. The midfield level seats are completely out of line but that is MLSE's problem, not mine.

I think the circumstances surrounding the franchise and timing of the announcement have caused the negative reaction amongst true supporters, and justifiably so. If TFC was comfortably in a playoff position with stable management , I doubt there would be this much fallout.

As for me, I will renew because $1.50 per game is certainly not the end of the world. I will renew because I love this club and I want to see them succeed. I will renew with the hope that the new GM will assemble a team that will make me feel like I'm getting my money's worth in entertainment value next season.

That being said, I am probably in the minority. The reality is that for MLSE to implement any price increase at all with club in a state of disarray is simply indefensable from a public relations standpoint...

Toronto Ruffrider
09-21-2010, 08:39 AM

And this is why you will continue to get the largest price increase from season to season.

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 08:41 AM
guys here this we do we buy season tickets for next year and just sit down and make no noise or put up any banner's. The supporter made the atmosphere and they can take it away

Cashcleaner
09-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Well, I just got a phone call from my Ticket Rep after sending her an email. She laid it all out and said that the MLS Cup is included in my season tickets and that's all there is to it. Period. End of discussion. I asked her why they would be automatically included and she said that everyone she's talked to are happy with the game's inclusion. I then pointed out that NO, I am pretty sure that a lot of people ARE NOT HAPPY with it, but that's not even mentioning the overall price increase per game. I then asked how the decision came about to increase the ticket prices at all. Guess what? Didn't get an answer. More of the same old excuses.

I then told her that ticket renewal from me is unlikely and hung up.

Nuvinho
09-21-2010, 08:45 AM
I am so glad, I have 2 friends who are taking a pair each from me, and paying upfront too....else I don't think I would be able to fork out $5,500 now, and wait til April when the tickets come for them to pay me.

I still don't like the fact that the MLS Cup is included. I know its going to be hard to sell them.

btw, I love the globe & mail article - front page of the sports page....yes TFC is there, but for the wrong reason!

flatpicker
09-21-2010, 08:46 AM
I think anyone here who brings there kids to games should get their youngsters to write letters to the players.
Say something like:

Dear DeRo,
I have been going to watch TFC with my dad and I love it. I have a really good time watching you play soccer and I love all the songs and stuff. But now my dads tickets cost too much and he won't be able to take me to see you next year. Why is the team making tickets cost so much money? Why doesn't the team want me to come to games anymore?

Your biggest fan,
Little Jimmy

nascarguy
09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, I just got a phone call from my Ticket Rep after sending her an email. She laid it all out and said that the MLS Cup is included in my season tickets and that's all there is to it. Period. End of discussion. I asked her why they would be automatically included and she said that everyone she's talked to are happy with the game's inclusion. I then pointed out that NO, I am pretty sure that a lot of people ARE NOT HAPPY with it, but that's not even mentioning the overall price increase per game. I then asked how the decision came about to increase the ticket prices at all. Guess what? Didn't get an answer. More of the same old excuses.

I then told her that ticket renewal from me is unlikely and hung up.
see that tells me that they think we are just like leaf fans and wewill put up with anything.

TFC Cityboy
09-21-2010, 08:55 AM
just sent this to my ticket rep and copied in Manager of Ticketing plus Paul Beirne

You guys have lost the plot.
$110 more for next year in the Supporters' section because you make the MLS Cup match compulsory?
Do you have any idea how many of the hard core support are threatening to not renew?

If you had consulted a focus group of supporters, you would have made the MLS Cup final an "opt-in" or "opt-out".
I understand we have 2 more league matches next year so I expected a per game increase of around $35-40.
You have a decrease in included taxes (13% instead of 15%), there is a dreadful product on the pitch and you do this?

Take a read of this on Red Patch for some frank feedback
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24583&page=6 (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24583&page=6)

Congratulations, MLSE. You are showing your true colours at last in regard to Toronto FC.

Disgusted.

flambe
09-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Not sure if this was posted:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/a-tale-of-two-tickets/article1715784/

They really have become the Leafs on grass......