PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona/Seattle System: Democratically Elected GM

Damien
09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Wasn't there some talk of this? MLSE should adjust the system now to account for this. Have the SSH elect a new GM!

D.

Roogsy
09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I voted yes.

But this will happen when pigs fly.

Red Rat
09-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I voted yes.

I have seen pigs fly and walk on their hind legs, yeap.
Never happen here, pigs are too fat.

rr

Don Julio
09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Um, no.

Have you seen the retarded posts on here? You want these people choosing the GM?! They'd probably elect Rob fucking Ford.

And these would be among the most knowledgeable of the season ticket holders!

Damien
09-14-2010, 07:58 PM
^ So you're saying Toronto FC SSH's are collectively stupid. mmm'k!

Roogsy
09-14-2010, 07:58 PM
It's not about who to elect but rather their realization that they will be held accountable for results. The posters on this (and other) boards may be overenthusiastic, but I can say with some confidence, we know football. We may disagree on tactics, but we recognize skill. We may disagree on strategy but we can at least understand it.

If you put up a competent, proven GM up for vote (like Steve Nichol) I think you'd get a proper response, which is a positive vote. If you throw up Alexi Lalas, you'd also get a proper response...NO.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Um, no.

Have you seen the retarded posts on here? You want these people choosing the GM?! They'd probably elect Rob fucking Ford.

And these would be among the most knowledgeable of the season ticket holders!

HAHA afuckingmen!

^ So you're saying Toronto FC SSH's are collectively stupid. mmm'k!

If he's not then I am.

DavydMT
09-14-2010, 08:05 PM
i voted no, as in my opinion gm position is absolutely useless and we can only vote GM out and can''t select the new one as MLSE are the once who would be responsible for hiring the new one. I think voting for GM is a waise of time, if an employer (MLSE) can't see that employee is making mistakes, we have a bigger problem.

Also only thing in-common between Barcelona and Seattle Systems is that you get to vote. President and GM are very different positions.

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I think we shouldn't have a democratically elected gm, but we should have 2 members of NEE, 2 members of RPB and 2 members of U-Sector who sit on a panel and are allowed to interview and vote on a rubberstamp approval for any new GM. Obviously the final choice lies with MLSE but input from us, on a limited level can't hurt.

However, we should have no choice in who gets interviewed for the job.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 08:28 PM
This thread is jokes, seriously, I find this very entertaining.

Brooker
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
I think we shouldn't have a democratically elected gm, but we should have 2 members of NEE, 2 members of RPB and 2 members of U-Sector who sit on a panel and are allowed to interview and vote on a rubberstamp approval for any new GM. Obviously the final choice lies with MLSE but input from us, on a limited level can't hurt.

rofl?

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 08:33 PM
rofl?

Like I said, jokes man LMAO!

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 08:45 PM
rofl?

Why? Like really, why? You didn't justify your dumbass response. I'd love to hear it. Please do.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Why? Like really, why? You didn't justify your dumbass response. I'd love to hear it. Please do.

You seriously don't see the humor in your post? You want two reps from each Supporter's Group to be in on the interview process and you think that would fly?

Brooker
09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
whitey... you see that? my post was the "dumbass" one.

fuck me!

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
You seriously don't see the humor in your post? You want two reps from each Supporter's Group to be in on the interview process and you think that would fly?

Obviously you didn't read what i wrote at all, we'd be allowed to interview them, but have no control over whether they were hired.

And nothing stipulated it had to be the same interview as the MLSE one.

Supporters should have input on who is hired. Committees generally make better decisions than individuals, unless the individual is a genius. Which Tom is not.

Detroit_TFC
09-14-2010, 09:01 PM
ask me again once I've seen what that means in reality for Seattle. I know what it means for Barca but Seattle (and TFC) aren't them.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 09:01 PM
whitey... you see that? my post was the "dumbass" one.

fuck me!

All I can do is shake my head today LOL!

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Obviously you didn't read what i wrote at all, we'd be allowed to interview them, but have no control over whether they were hired.

Supporters should have input on who is hired. Committees generally make better decisions than individuals, unless the individual is a genius. Which Tom is not.

LMAO so what's the point of sitting in on the interview process then?

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
LMAO so what's the point of sitting in on the interview process then?

More as a rubberstamp and to have input. It's about input as much as anything else.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 09:08 PM

More as a rubberstamp and to have input. It's about input as much as anything else.

Again, what's the point? You yourself said you would have no control over hiring so how the heck does the rubber stamp come into play?

James Oliphant
09-14-2010, 09:11 PM
http://www.mydisplayimage.com/blog/premium/anim_wanking.gif

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.mydisplayimage.com/blog/premium/anim_wanking.gif

LMAO Jesus Christ James!

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow this didn't take long to derail.

Fuck can't we have some lighthearted discussion around here anymore?

Everyone knows its never happening.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow this didn't take long to derail.

Fuck can't we have some lighthearted discussion around here anymore?

Everyone knows its never happening.

AL MO we did take it as lighthearted by LOLing but then it took a serious turn LOL

MrHawk
09-14-2010, 09:26 PM
So, we can sit in on the interview...............ask questions..........give a rubber stamp of approval (which ultimately decides the candidate), but have no say in the actual hiring process?

I'm sorry, but I really don't get what you are saying here. If I am being stupid, please let me know.

Either way, MLSE need to learn from the first mistake.

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
AL MO we did take it as lighthearted by LOLing but then it took a serious turn LOL

Yes I see what you are referring to. But there are a whole lot of other posts that are equally as stupid and useless in this thread.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Yes I see what you are referring to. But there are a whole lot of other posts that are equally as stupid and useless in this thread.

Hey man you said it and cannot not disagree with you LOL

James Oliphant
09-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Hope you're not referring to mine...as far as I'm concerned, it's an accurate representation of TFCRegina's views on the subject.

Raging Reggie
09-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I think one member of RPB/U-Sector/NNE all site at a table and the GM has to sing William Hungs "She Bangs" while joggling a ball. The first person to do that should be instantly givin the GM job...

9RrLQUN8UJg

MrHawk
09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I voted yes.

While it would probably be in the BEST interest to the SG's.............the second part of your statement holds true.

prizby
09-14-2010, 09:48 PM
been discussed, what about the "16,000" waiting for season tickets

lol william hung

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Still think I'm right and you're not gonna change that. I haven't seen a single actual argument that has refuted what I wrote.

James Oliphant
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Still think I'm right and you're not gonna change that. I haven't seen a single actual argument that has refuted what I wrote.

I'm not falling for this bullshit. :D

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 09:53 PM

LMAO fuck man how old are you really? Dude, we've ALL refuted what you wrote!

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
LMAO fuck man how old are you really? Dude, we've ALL refuted what you wrote!

With what? You haven't made an argument. All you've done is LOL and ROFL at it. Seriously, make an argument.

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Again, what's the point? You yourself said you would have no control over hiring so how the heck does the rubber stamp come into play?

I guess you missed the part where it says it's about INPUT AS MUCH AS ANYTHING ELSE.

James Oliphant
09-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I guess you missed the part where it says it's about INPUT AS MUCH AS ANYTHING ELSE.

I guess you missed the point where we said WHAT INPUT????

Fuck, fell for it.

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
If I had access in this section I'd close this stupid thread and delete it from this board forever!!!

MrHawk
09-14-2010, 10:00 PM

Hey I refuted without an LOL.

Okay, so let's say Boris/Jack go on behalf of RPB and (Whoever is in charge of U-Sec, and NEE) go to this meeting.

We get to ask questions?
We get to give a rubber stamp?

But have no say in who gets hired? So they'd just be there as consultants?

James Oliphant
09-14-2010, 10:00 PM
If I had access in this section I'd close this stupid thread and delete it from this board forever!!!

I do love you, AL-MO. :)

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM

Okay, so let's say Boris/Jack go on behalf of RPB and (Whoever is in charge of U-Sec, and NEE) go to this meeting.

We get to ask questions?

This is for Oliphant as well as you.

That's called input. Even a symbolic vote (yes or no) is input and we could state why.

Would you rather we have a little bit of input or none at all?

It was a freaking suggestion which wasn't addressed with any sort of decency or even thought as to any actual benefits it might have.

Decisions with more input are generally better informed than those without. I don't see why there's all this resistance.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM

We get to ask questions?

they'd be there as stampers... sometimes parents let their kids push the "OK" button while they do debit transactions.

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I do love you, AL-MO. :)

SHUT IT!!!

:flare:

James Oliphant
09-14-2010, 10:07 PM

That's called input. Even a symbolic vote (yes or no) is input and we could state why.

It was a freaking suggestion which wasn't addressed with any sort of decency or even thought as to any actual benefits it might have.

Decisions with more input are generally better informed than those without. I don't see why there's all this resistance.

See, that's the thing, pal...your idea equates to no input at all.

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 10:09 PM
^ And I disagree. And you're not going to change that because you have to prove to me that there's no input at all, and from what I've seen in the LOLs and ROFLs, you guys are incapable of doing that.

Anyway, this is a highly unproductive use of my class time.

James Oliphant
09-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Can this be the new RCT?

:nono:

;)

MrHawk
09-14-2010, 10:12 PM

It wasn't resistance, just more of an understanding as to why you came up with that.

Would it have benefits if any form of SG's had input? Sure, of course it wouldn't hurt, but essentially it's a fairly useless process since, no one in that level of management would consider it in a million years.

WHITEY
09-14-2010, 10:33 PM
SHUT IT!!!

AL MO get like a one time pass type deal to shut this thing down man LOL fuck get it done!

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Naw...I prefer my limited mod status that still allows me to tell people on this board to fuck off when I feel like it.

Bluenose13
09-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Just for you Alex......Closed.