PDA

View Full Version : Dasovic thread - will he last to next season

sampace
09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
How do we do a poll here?

A) Will last this season only.
B) Return as an assistant.
C) Become head coach next year with Danny Dicchio as his assistant.

I think he needs to win 3 of the last 5 games (which includes one on the road) minimum, and he needs to make it unto the next round of Champions League. If he does he will be hard to replace, considering how popular he is with the team, and players. Input!

razor787
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I dont know what will happen with him next season. I do hope though, that he becomes the head coach next season. My opinion wont change even if we lose the next 6 games. With a new coach, comes a new style. Hopefully the players can adapt.

Hitcho
09-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Anselmi directly addressed this point in his presser today. The new GM needs to come in and then they go from there. It's out of Daso's hands, although if he sucks ass then he can cross himself off the list...

Roogsy
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Although if Daso does a good job stabilizing the team and makes them look cohesive and threatening up front, then I think he can add an accomplishment to his resumé that will help him in his career regardless if it's here or elsewhere.

ManUtd4ever
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Anselmi stated that Dasovic would end up as an MLS coach someday and that he will have the opportunity to be a candidate for the vacant coaching position next season. I hope he has a positive impact on the fortunes of the club and garners serious consideration to return. Daso has a rapport with the players and his familiarity with the team, as well as opposing clubs in MLS can be a substantial asset to the organization moving forward. If he is successful, he might have a leg up on the competition for the coaching position in the off season, unless of couse the new GM insists on selecting his own staff...

TFCREDNWHITE
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
The new GM will have the final say....personally, I think Daso will not be the Head Coach next year.

deschamp86
09-14-2010, 06:07 PM
I really hope Daso does well in this role.

He is my favourite coach we have had so far because I see him as a supporter's kind of coach. He is dedicated to the team 100% and would be more than willing to accept being just an assistant coach again (unlike Cummins who made it clear he was gone regardless).

You could tell at the conference today that this was probably the best day of the guy's life. He knows the Canadian landscape much better than Mo or any of the other coaches did and will probably do a better job at bringing talent in.

He has also proven that he came make something out of nothing when he got third place in the Olympic qualifiers a few years ago beating out Mexico with a team that looked unlikely to do anything special.

It is just too bad that this change wasn't made sooner as he knew how to utilize Andrew Ornoch in that tournament pretty well, and maybe he would have signed Ornoch instead of passing on him like Preki and Mo did.

I think if Daso continues into next season we could see some half decent young Canadian talent making their way over here as he seems to be pretty well liked.

Could possibly see some guys like Hemming or Rosenlund have another go with TFC as depth players after having gotten some good playing time in the USL.

Maybe see a guy like Wagenaar backing up Frei instead of some old guy like Conway.

Blizzard
09-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Maybe see a guy like Wagenaar backing up Frei instead of some old guy like Conway.

Conway is a placeholder, a short term back-up. Kocic is Frei's heir apparent. If and when Frei makes his move back to Europe, Kocic will likely end up our first stringer. I just hope it's not next year as, obviously, we'd all love to have at least one more season with Stef.

CretanBull
09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm sure the "interim" title was stressed to Daso. Ideally, we'll get a proper manager who does both coaching and GM duties. If not, the new GM has to be able to pick his own coach.

BS1327
09-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I already like the fact that Daso is liked around the locker room. That's a HUGE plus!
I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but it's up to the new GM.

Pachuco
09-14-2010, 07:02 PM
I have no idea how you judge a guy who's been given the pile of shit left by Preki and Mo for 6 games without the ability to actually make changes. Imagine Daso when he asks Peterson to attack for the first time in his life. Or imagine when he's gotta re-train Hscanovic and Usanov that breaking legs isn't actually the right thing to do.

I'm not judging Daso. Even if he turns this team around and they win 6 games in a row I'm not judging him in any way.

I trust the new GM will come in and do what he needs to do. Unfortunately I don't trust MLSE will hire the right GM.

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 07:05 PM
If Daso somehow gets this team to playoffs, I think it's generally a lock that he'll keep the job next year, because he literally will be a miracle worker. Simple as that.

If he does a decent job, he'll keep his name in the hat, and if he drops all the matches, then he's out as a Head Coach option and will be an assistant a little while longer.

I will point out that he was a player/manager (or so Wiki claims) earlier in his career with the Whitecaps. He does have some experience.

Voodooman
09-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I like Daso...lets keep him!

Keystone FC
09-14-2010, 07:39 PM
All Daso has to do is do the opposite of what Preki did team wise.

SilverSamurai
09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, he'll be around but not as a head coach.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-14-2010, 08:18 PM
If Daso somehow gets this team to playoffs, I think it's generally a lock that he'll keep the job next year, because he literally will be a miracle worker. Simple as that.

If he does a decent job, he'll keep his name in the hat, and if he drops all the matches, then he's out as a Head Coach option and will be an assistant a little while longer.

I will point out that he was a player/manager (or so Wiki claims) earlier in his career with the Whitecaps. He does have some experience.

If they make the playoffs....its not Daso that got them in.....the next 6 games plus champions league all rests on the players....if they make it its because of them(the players)........