PDA

View Full Version : One Man's Opinion

WHITEY
09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Well found this on YouTube and found it to be a very interesting point of view/opinion from one man.

104vLcIU3go

London
09-13-2010, 07:15 PM
seen this, whatever...

he sounds like the wanker actually

TFCRegina
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
This guys a wanker himself.

Vince Whirlwind
Ha Ha...guy who did this is so ridiculously conceited. How stupid would it be to go over to one of their English hockey league games and laugh at everything? About as stupid as this clown is.

He's right about the prices/level of football (at least last weekend) though.

anto7
He should have stayed home and had a wank, arrogant tosser.

ag futbol
09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Meh, just some loser who gets angry people in North America actually bothered to play the sport.

Probably thought of hanging himself after the world cup group stage, should have done us all a favor.

Wagner
09-13-2010, 07:22 PM
why go to games if you don't like people having fun and cheering for the home team?
he knew what he was getting in to.
think he just wants a reaction...looking to get some attention and hits.

Brooker
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
I'd be miserable too if I looked like that. I especially liked the "speak fucking english" part. Maybe he thinks he's still in England?

Flipityflu
09-13-2010, 07:28 PM
prime example of why i left lol

ArmenJBX
09-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Probably a Manchester United fan anyways. We don't need you, don't come back.

Rudi
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Who changed "cunt's" to "man's" in the thread title???

bman27
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
sounds like a typical bandwagon man united fan who thinks that any football that isnt the champions league final or the world cup is shit, and obviously doesnt realise that the 128 more years of history that united has over toronto fc makes a difference when it comes to fan support, atmosphere etc

Pookie
09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
It is nice that he bought a TFC shirt (4:06 in) to wear to the game... you know to look like all the other "wankers" he was criticizing.

How desperate was he to be on our bandwagon that he was willing to drop his own cash to look like a support of a team he never saw before?

At least have some principles and wear the Man U shirt of his beloved.

Chevy
09-13-2010, 08:02 PM
For a guy who hated his experience he sure spend a sh*t load of time and energy filming, producing and publishing it.

I suspect mental illness here.

Suds
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
For a guy who hated his experience he sure spend a sh*t load of time and energy filming, producing and publishing it.

I suspect mental illness here.

Or had a set agenda from the start.

Chevy
09-13-2010, 08:17 PM
You all may want to comment on one of his other posted videos - this one containing his little lady.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63s8PTHyAgQ

Look at the mug on that broad and you'll know why he's so miserable. Looks like lives in Cambridge too, which can't help. ;)

Pookie
09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Since he hates the idea of "capos" leading organized chanting, I guess we can look forward to future videos mocking guys like Pete Boyle leading the Man United faithful at the Bishop's Blaize

z2leiqcdXU8

Bars92
09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
"Give me Old Trafford any day"

Not Craven Cottage, not Fratten Park (no offense to these grounds), he had to compare BMO to Old Trafford.

AL-MO
09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
He should have stayed home and had a wank, arrogant tosser.

What he said.

andyc
09-13-2010, 09:25 PM
prime example of why i left lol

+1 arrogant, ignorant arsehole.... (the guy on the video not you :D)

TFC07
09-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Well the only thing he is right is how expensive everything is especially the tickets to watch very low standard of soccer. But the blame should go to ML$E and TFC management not MLS (for now).

RealG-TFC
09-13-2010, 09:48 PM
ee needsa proppa bee-ten, is that English enough?

Kidding aside, what kind of a loser does this? He's acting like a teenaged girl slandering someone on Facebook. Behaving completely juvenile and pathetic. Did he really have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon? Shit, maybe he could have tossed himself a couple times watching MUTV, even that would have been more age appropriate.

Fort York Redcoat
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow. Dude gives the term eoro snob a bad name.

phonzo
09-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Wow. Dude gives the term eoro snob a bad name.

haha you mean english snob? :) not all euro's roll that way mister.

razor787
09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
What a fool...

- He compares BMO to Old Trafford. There isnt a fan in Toronto that would ever compare BMO to old trafford. Two completely different experiences, sizes, and history

- If the football is such shit, why did he come dressed in a TFC shirt? A lot of money to spend on a team you dont like.

- If you want to live in Canada, you need to support what that means. That means multiculturalism, and french speaking among other things.

- The idea of a Capo, as stated by many other people in this thread, is not a canadian idea. It is taken from Europe, and you can even see it in clubs in England. No idea what the fuck he is talking about with that one.

- He complains about the price of food and drinks, and then buys a sausage.

But he does make some good points

Hidden behind his bias, and idiocy, there are some decent points buried in there.

- We need to work on chanting with the play.

- We need to pay attention to what is going on, instead of staring at the capo, - talking/looking at the person next to you during play.

- MLSE needs to stop people from going to their seats in the middle of a play. Its fucking annoying having people block your view, because they are 20 mins late, and are getting into their seat, while Toronto is on the attack.

MLSE needs to get rid of the BMO name for the Field. We will NEVER have a great history with the place, with corporate sponsors. Madison Square, Old Trafford, St. James Park. You dont get the same feel from "The Home Depot Center" or "BMO Field".

rocker
09-13-2010, 10:36 PM
- MLSE needs to stop people from going to their seats in the middle of a play. Its fucking annoying having people block your view, because they are 20 mins late, and are getting into their seat, while Toronto is on the attack.

yessss.... i think I miss 10% of every game because of these people.

Last game a guy got up -- and we counted -- 8 times to hit the concourse... he only came back with 1 drink and 1 package of M&Ms. Every other time he returned empty handed. Everyone around us was laughing.. but if we miss a goal while he's moving past, we won't be laughing any more.

I wanted to say: Get your bladder issues sorted out before you come to any more games dude!

razor787
09-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Yes, exactly. Even if there isnt a goal scored, its very distracting, and you could miss something else thats important. Its done with the Jays, Leafs, and probally the Raptors. Hell, even the Oshawa Generals, an OHL team, is smart enough to not let people into their seats while play is going on.

rocker
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes, exactly. Even if there isnt a goal scored, its very distracting, and you could miss something else thats important. Its done with the Jays, Leafs, and probally the Raptors. Hell, even the Oshawa Generals, an OHL team, is smart enough to not let people into their seats while play is going on.

Yeah, and lately I've been getting so many people who don't know where their seats are.. they stand in the aisle reading their tickets and pondering things for a minute right in front of me during the 20th minute or whenever. Then something exciting happens on the field, and they TURN AROUND AND WATCH. ugh!
I've also had a rash of people lately who are purposely in the wrong seats, trying to sneak up... then the rightful owners arrive and ask them to move.. so they look around for empty seats to sneak into... then the usher comes down to sort things out. Next thing you know, I've missed 2-3 minutes.

I wish I had Parkdale's seats in the second level, front row, dead centre. Then you have nobody in front of you but you have a nice high view.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Its fucking annoying having people block your view, because they are 20 mins late, and are getting into their seat, while Toronto is on the attack.

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

- Scott

CretanBull
09-13-2010, 10:50 PM
"Give me Old Trafford any day"

Not Craven Cottage, not Fratten Park (no offense to these grounds), he had to compare BMO to Old Trafford.

What a fool...

- He compares BMO to Old Trafford. There isnt a fan in Toronto that would ever compare BMO to old trafford. Two completely different experiences, sizes, and history

He's not saying "I can't believe that BMO isn't as great at Old Trafford"...he's saying "Old Trafford has the worst reputation for atmosphere and I'd take that over this".

If our entire stadium was made up of 112's, we'd be half of what Fratton Park is.

backbeat
drives me nuts - i go there to WATCH and SUPPORT the team - i arrive 15 to 30 minutes before and i leave AFTER the game is over - - after i've CLAPPED for the players as they leave the pitch - whatever the score. but between, "fans" are getting up every other minute to go somewhere and the "fans" behind me discussing their life for the whole 90 minutes - i begin to wonder why they are there....if they were singing or stomping i'd be ok with that, obviously, but coming and going in front and talking life stories behind - i mean come on .. .

223 row 1 is for observing and digesting the game - - pls leave me to lose myself in Football - except for last week - - that wasn't even close to Football...but otherwise....

razor787
Yeah, and lately I've been getting so many people who don't know where their seats are.. they stand in the aisle reading their tickets and pondering things for a minute right in front of me during the 20th minute or whenever. Then something exciting happens on the field, and they TURN AROUND AND WATCH. ugh!
I've also had a rash of people lately who are purposely in the wrong seats, trying to sneak up... then the rightful owners arrive and ask them to move.. so they look around for empty seats to sneak into... then the usher comes down to sort things out. Next thing you know, I've missed 2-3 minutes.

I wish I had Parkdale's seats in the second level, front row, dead centre. Then you have nobody in front of you but you have a nice high view.

Yea, I hear ya. Gotta be frustrating as shit. I admit, I myself have tried sneaking into 112 before. I thought there were usually seats open. Apparently thats not the case during the CCL :P

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

- Scott

:dita:

Azerban
09-13-2010, 11:13 PM
MLSE needs to get rid of the BMO name for the Field. We will NEVER have a great history with the place, with corporate sponsors. Madison Square, Old Trafford, St. James Park. You dont get the same feel from "The Home Depot Center" or "BMO Field".

hmm how about THE NATIONAL FUCKING SOCCER STADIUM

razor787
09-13-2010, 11:17 PM
I would take that over BMO, but it still doesnt sound like it could carry history with it. It needs to be named after a player, or someone big in Canadian Soccer, either recently, or from the past. I doubt it will happen, but hopefully BMO doesnt renew the naming rights when they expire.

Azerban
09-13-2010, 11:21 PM
I would take that over BMO, but it still doesnt sound like it could carry history with it. It needs to be named after a player, or someone big in Canadian Soccer, either recently, or from the past. I doubt it will happen, but hopefully BMO doesnt renew the naming rights when they expire.

Mo Johnston Field? hmm, a thought

razor787
09-13-2010, 11:21 PM
I am fine with BMO Field...

Brooker
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
anything is better than Pizza Hut Park

Super
09-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I am fine with BMO Field...

It pays bills. Not that MLSE is short on cash, but it's a good thing that TFC is profitable - and part of the reason for that is BMO.

razor787
09-13-2010, 11:52 PM
I do understand that it makes great business sence to sell the naming rights. They get millions and millions from BMO, just for letting them have their name on a sign. But while it does make sence, it would still be nice to have it named right. And, I dont even know if its MLSE's choice. The naming rights were probally owned by the City, in which case there is no way we will ever see a good name.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Corporate naming of stadiums is a North American sports convention that isn't going away any time soon, so I would get used to it.

- Scott

KezmanCCCC
09-14-2010, 12:10 AM
its funny how this guy is criticizing how the fans are orchestrated and making it seem like the support is forced, when many clubs and support groups in europe do the same, especially in eastern europe.... this guy is typical arrogant english dick....

Yagbod
09-14-2010, 12:11 AM
I just don't think of it as BMO, I think and say 'Beemo'.

Let's find some dude named 'Beemo' and make his day.

If I knew how to paste a picture of Happy Gilmore's caddy, I would.

TFC07
09-14-2010, 02:10 AM
I do understand that it makes great business sence to sell the naming rights. They get millions and millions from BMO, just for letting them have their name on a sign. But while it does make sence, it would still be nice to have it named right. And, I dont even know if its MLSE's choice. The naming rights were probally owned by the City, in which case there is no way we will ever see a good name.

I could be wrong here, but I believe ML$E bought naming rights from the city then sold it to BMO.

Hitcho
09-14-2010, 06:06 AM
I have no problem with Beemo Field. It doesn't dound like a corporate name, or at least not in the same way that PHP or HDC do. It actually sounds like it could be a league 2 ground name in England. I guess it depends on how engrained BMO is in your personal history. For me, not much as I only moved here when I was an adult. But if you grew up here saying BMO then I guess it would stick in your mind/throat more?

GBV
09-14-2010, 06:14 AM
i could only get through one minute of that. what a pretentious loser.

torontocelt
09-14-2010, 06:14 AM
That guy is a tit

Cashcleaner
09-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Who the fuck goes to the trouble of taking a camera into BMO Field and filming the crowd around him while talking about how much of a shit time he's having?

Sounds like something good 'ol Kenny would do.

Technorgasm
09-14-2010, 07:04 AM
my response:

MON THE HUNS!

MartinUtd
09-14-2010, 07:06 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

GIVE THIS MAN THE $10000!

This made my morning. I don't know if it was the shoddy camera work, the fact that he did in fact have a 6 minute wank right there or the walk of shame complete with hotdog shoved down his manc throat and the end.

Time to get the day started :D

London
09-14-2010, 07:11 AM
dont give his vid anymore views!!!

Chevy
09-14-2010, 07:15 AM
+1. View his other posted videos and comment on his butt-ugly wife.

Bars92
09-14-2010, 07:25 AM
my response:

MON THE HUNS!

We're gonna need some luck.

GBV
09-14-2010, 08:01 AM
next time i'm in europe, i'm going to a hockey game, avec camera ... and am gonna stand there, with my canadian accent, and bitch about how it's just not quite the same as back home.

fun times.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-14-2010, 08:04 AM
What a fool...

- If the football is such shit, why did he come dressed in a TFC shirt? A lot of money to spend on a team you dont like.

- If you want to live in Canada, you need to support what that means. That means multiculturalism, and french speaking among other things.

- The idea of a Capo, as stated by many other people in this thread, is not a canadian idea. It is taken from Europe, and you can even see it in clubs in England. No idea what the fuck he is talking about with that one.

- He complains about the price of food and drinks, and then buys a sausage.

But he does make some good points

Hidden behind his bias, and idiocy, there are some decent points buried in there.

- We need to work on chanting with the play.

- We need to pay attention to what is going on, instead of staring at the capo, - talking/looking at the person next to you during play.

good points.....watch the game....react to the play....and the atmosphere will have amore natural feel... Take a minute next game.....Look around....you'll be surprised of the number of people who are not watching the game....

Parkdale
09-14-2010, 08:10 AM
is that Cheeba in the bluejays cap a few rows ahead of him?

Parkdale
09-14-2010, 08:13 AM
I also like that he points out 'people not even watching the game' while he's filming them, and not watching the game himself.

but many of this points are valid. Some are just cranky bullshit, but some are valid.

KdotOdot
09-14-2010, 08:32 AM
I don't know whats funnier. The video, or the reactions in this thread.

I think the "Gimmie Old Trafford anyday" comment should have tip anyone off.

ACSertL
09-14-2010, 08:50 AM

Yep.

Parkdale
09-14-2010, 08:50 AM
seems like angry, cranky dudes are all the rage on youtube these days.

personally, I'll stick with what I like

x6TCnh5B8-w

a goat that sings like usher

London
09-14-2010, 08:52 AM
he is cranky, he needs a wank, he talks about it

TFC Via Buffalo
09-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Glad I didn't make this game. I'm sure I'd be on there and he'd be commenting on how there's no grass skirt wearing Americans at Old Trafford either. :rolleyes: Fucking cunt. Don't come back to 110 and don't come back to BEEEEEEEEEMO if you don't want to be part of what we're trying to do. Go to a pub, watch your Man U and die in a hole. We got our issues, but pointing out non issues and mocking us compared to the fucking Premiership is just stupid.

KdotOdot
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Meh I did the same thing in the England Monarch NFL Europa Stadium in 2005. MICKEY MOUSE CLUB!

Fort York Redcoat
09-14-2010, 09:56 AM
^Yeah I remember that league. Hilarious but they did have the stones to try new stuff. Loved when they micced up the QB uncensored during play. Funny as hell.

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 10:18 AM
You all may want to comment on one of his other posted videos - this one containing his little lady.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63s8PTHyAgQ

Look at the mug on that broad and you'll know why he's so miserable. Looks like lives in Cambridge too, which can't help. ;)

I have an old catchers mitt if he is interested in changing things up.

clc12
09-14-2010, 11:23 AM
this guy is a clown.
its different strokes for different folks

i'm sure i could go to old trafford and film their supporters and say they are a joke compared to the craziness that you would see at a boca juniors game in "la bombonera". its ridiculous cuz its two different leagues. two completely different cultures.

funny how he doesn't chant mickey mouse club really loud and make his opinions really heard during the game. what a clown.

tfc allez!!!

Chevy
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
People are jumping all over this guy on his youtube page.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM

yes and you get to see me hug another dude. wooooohooooo!!!

i wanked to myself in that vid.

TFC Via Buffalo
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
People are jumping all over this guy on his youtube page.

Good. Screw him. Sparta works his ass off game in and game out to keep our section alive. I'm glad we don't meet his "expectations". We do our thing, not England's thing. :scarf:

Kevvv
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM
i wanked to myself in that vid.

you're not the only one

Commie Red
09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
The guys an arrogant prick. It's so easy to sit back, whine and act superior when you are doing nothing but hiding behind a camera looking for anything to complain about. Go "back 'om" if its so damn superior!

Shakes McQueen
09-14-2010, 01:46 PM
The guy is a jerk. The best part has to be when he's thumbing his nose at the people crowded around the hotdog and beer stands as though they were beneath him, WHILE EATING A HOTDOG HE JUST PURCHASED.

Or the part where he doesn't know what a "capo" is - nor the fact that they are widely used in other, non-English leagues.

He's a guy who came specifically looking for a bad time, and hence, he got it.
We are a new team, playing a relatively unknown sport in North America (professionally), in a lower-tiered league. What was he expecting?

He saw what he wanted to see, and he got to reinforce his belief that England does it better. And that is all he wanted.

- Scott

MKR
09-14-2010, 06:49 PM
That video is hilarious!!

The only thing i find odd is that he is wearing a Toronto FC shirt.

Brooker
09-14-2010, 07:24 PM
this guy is a clown.

funny how he doesn't chant mickey mouse club really loud and make his opinions really heard during the game. what a clown.

lol. that was the only mickey mouse thing about that part.

The guy is a jerk. The best part has to be when he's thumbing his nose at the people crowded around the hotdog and beer stands as though they were beneath him, WHILE EATING A HOTDOG HE JUST PURCHASED.

Or the part where he doesn't know what a "capo" is - nor the fact that they are widely used in other, non-English leagues.

- Scott

:picard:

razor787
09-14-2010, 07:34 PM
good points.....watch the game....react to the play....and the atmosphere will have amore natural feel... Take a minute next game.....Look around....you'll be surprised of the number of people who are not watching the game....

I love how you agree that there are a lot of people looking around not paying attention... And then you recomend looking around, at all the people not paying attention :D

adamdz
09-14-2010, 07:54 PM

Problem is, this is just one style of support seen around the globe. I think it is pig headed and arrogant of him to say some of the things he says because what he sees does not fit his definition of support. Clearly we have a ways to go, and I don't always agree with the way we support sometimes. I don't expect us to get it right overnight though given all the hurdles we have to overcome in this market. Obviously people should pay attention to whats happening on the field, otherwise why the %#$@ are they there. You could also look at the reactionary style of support and say it is fabricated/predictable/boring.

EDIT: I guess part of this is that he has been spoiled by a better/established product. Someone like me who has had little LIVE exposure to the culture/success of more established clubs can appreciate what he has.

Chevy
09-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Good. Screw him. Sparta works his ass off game in and game out to keep our section alive. I'm glad we don't meet his "expectations". We do our thing, not England's thing. :scarf:

+1. In his youtube comment section he says he "may come back".

I guess it wasn't that bad afterall. That being said I think his next visit will be his last, considering half of 110-113 now knows his face.

TFC Via Buffalo
09-14-2010, 10:19 PM
+1. In his youtube comment section he says he "may come back".

I guess it wasn't that bad afterall. That being said I think his next visit will be his last, considering half of 110-113 now knows his face.

Those seats are pretty much in front of me. I've never seen him before and like I've said, I wasn't at the game. If he's there at the next game I'm at, the CCL game, believe me, the video of me verbally destroying this clown will be on You Tube as well.

I'm sorry to keep up on this. but I'm just horribly frustrated that this asshole came into a section that we have worked VERY hard to turn into another amazing place to watch and support the team, and I wasn't there to catch him in the act of trying to tear down everything we've worked for. He pointed the camera to the left of Sparta. Those people, some of them I have grown to know the last two years, are not the jumpy chanty TFC fans many of us are. However, they care just as much. It just kills me that this coward didn't have the balls to say anything to anyone, just hide behind a you tube video and make snide remarks, literally, behind Sparta's back.

Ok, I'm done. Back to happier things...... NO MORE MO JO!!!!!!

BASE
09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
He is right about one thing - way too many people stand there talking about unrelated b.s. and do not pay attention to what is happening on the field. True supporters should never take their eye away from the field during play - including the endless annoying runs to the washrooms that help wreck the experience for people trying to actually watch the game.

DichioTFC
09-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Those seats are pretty much in front of me. I've never seen him before and like I've said, I wasn't at the game. If he's there at the next game I'm at, the CCL game, believe me, the video of me verbally destroying this clown will be on You Tube as well.

I'm sorry to keep up on this. but I'm just horribly frustrated that this asshole came into a section that we have worked VERY hard to turn into another amazing place to watch and support the team, and I wasn't there to catch him in the act of trying to tear down everything we've worked for. He pointed the camera to the left of Sparta. Those people, some of them I have grown to know the last two years, are not the jumpy chanty TFC fans many of us are. However, they care just as much. It just kills me that this coward didn't have the balls to say anything to anyone, just hide behind a you tube video and make snide remarks, literally, behind Sparta's back.

LOLLLLLLLL AGREED 1000%!!! What kind of a bitch move is that? If this Man U loving frontrunner wants to be a glory hunter, put on a Beckham or T.Henry shirt in that section and see what happens.

The top of 110 has been *ruthless* to wankers like that whenever I've been there. This e-hooligan wouldn't have stood a chance if he said that shit aloud.

AL-MO
09-14-2010, 10:44 PM
I think some of those comments weren't even said in the stands, they were put on after when the video was made.

Whatever, I don't have time for tools like this anyway.

Chevy
09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Archer has made this wanker "famous", and actually kinda sorta sticks up for us (gasp). If you don't read Archer, at least read the comments...

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=9946

TFCRegina
09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
^ Bill Archer was less of an ass than normal. I'll give him a grudging measure of respect, albeit a very small measure, for that piece.

TFCRegina
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM

That's because we have Dichio TFC and You as enforcers. He probably was wearing a David Beckham jersey to a game previously, if you know what i mean...lol.

Detroit_TFC
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
This got posted on the BS Crew board prior to Archer putting on his blog and to their credit, pretty much everyone was ripping on the guy. Rightly so too, because the guy is criticizing not only TFC but in essence MLS supporters and the league as a whole, and our culture. Mostly people seemed to understand that.

MartinUtd
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Now we're linking to Bill Archer? I think this has run its course.

Yeoman
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
you know you guys can always call on me to come say hi to retards like this right?

TFCRegina
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
you know you guys can always call on me to come say hi to retards like this right?

Yeah but we don't want anyone to get hurt. :canada:

Ontario Arab
09-22-2010, 06:25 PM
The guy is a Tit.......We are trying to grow something here, it takes more than a couple of years....what a Tosser.

neuf
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Gotta love the lapsed TFC supporters giving that guy props on his video.