PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC - 2011 Roster

ManUtd4ever
09-13-2010, 12:13 PM
The general consensus among supporters on this forum is that TFC needs to undergo a moderate to drastic rebuild in the off season.

Assuming that expiring contracts could be extended, which players would you like to see return next season?

My two cents...

GK: Frei, Conway, Kocic

D: Attakora, Cann, Gargan, Harden, Usanov, Gomez

M: DeRo, JDG, Nane, Sanyang

F: Barrett, Santos

Parkdale
09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
this poll is complicated. I like that!

Jeffro
09-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Yes, I voted Garcia should stay.

Parkdale
09-13-2010, 12:21 PM
also, If I was on the fence, I didn't vote. We're going to have to lose some of the middle-of-the-road guys, and as much as I like some of them, there are better players out there.

pekduck
09-13-2010, 12:24 PM
R. Hscanovics has 0 votes so far...

no surprise.

the guy can't even receive a pass without it going out of bounds when under zero pressure...

ManUtd4ever
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes, I voted Garcia should stay.

LOL, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to be fair, he's been decent this year...

Pachuco
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Just wanted to say that I really like this poll. Will give some good insight (stats) on how suppoter's feel about individual players.

Wooster_TFC
09-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I think it should be clearer. This poll has to mean "at their current salary". For example, I'd take Garcia back at 40k a year, same goes for Raivis. Also, who do we have to replace them? That's the bigger question.

fetajr
09-13-2010, 01:03 PM
I say trade everyone away for draft picks and start this shit over again... if Mo is still around, he's shown that he's not that retarded when it comes to swinging a deal in MLS.... when the draft picks are stocked, then fire MO and get someone else in here who can has an eye for talent.

Darlofletch
09-13-2010, 01:09 PM
In a game where we apparently had no legs, and the schedule had killed us? who was taken off at half time? how much had he played in the last few weeks? that tells you all you need to know about hscanovics's chances of being invited back (no idea what his contract status is, hopefully he's not signed on a multi year deal).

I voted for 15 of them, probably half of that 15 I'm not particularly attached to but they're decent enough role players that you need to fill out the squad. I'd also vote for Doneil Henry if i could.

Chevy
09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
I say trade everyone away for draft picks and start this shit over again... if Mo is still around, he's shown that he's not that retarded when it comes to swinging a deal in MLS.... when the draft picks are stocked, then fire MO and get someone else in here who can has an eye for talent.

Love this. You know you're in deep trouble when one of the GM's character traits is "not that retarded". :facepalm:

TFC_Central
09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
really Chad barrett at 31 votes? id take santos over barrett any dayy! :D

SamK
09-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Love this. You know you're in deep trouble when one of the GM's character traits is "not that retarded". :facepalm:

Im still laughing at this.

Huyton
09-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I'd take Chad, Santos and Mista, but OBW and Ibrahim are barely journeyman status. I like Mista because, from what little I've seen, he seems to have far more "game smarts" than OBW and Ibby put together. If you're going to rebuild (a term I don't like as it assumes that something was built in the first place), then I'd like to keep the smarter ones.

I think that this off-season will be very interesting. Mo will go, and I suspect that a new GM will want his own coach, who in turn will want his own players.

TFCRegina
09-13-2010, 01:43 PM
really Chad barrett at 31 votes? id take santos over barrett any dayy! :D

You can keep both...

Fort York Redcoat
09-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I think it should be clearer. This poll has to mean "at their current salary". For example, I'd take Garcia back at 40k a year, same goes for Raivis. Also, who do we have to replace them? That's the bigger question.

Quick reference:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=24222&highlight=players+salaries

__wowza
09-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Quick reference:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=24222&highlight=players+salaries

oh god, don't do that! now i'm calculating how much the players i want to keep will leave us with salary wise! also..

did someone say:
FUAD IBRAHIM!?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:el8cwKmS6AwmAM:http://http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/07/10/tfc5.jpg&size=640x480&quality=90&t=1

__wowza
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
$2,300,000
- $1,248,230

Keeper:
Stefan Frei
Jon Conway

Defense:
Nana Attakora
Adiran Cann
Ty Harden
Amadou Sanyang
Maxim Usanov

Midfield
Dwayne DeRosario
Dan Gargan

Forward:
Chad Barrett
Maicon Santos

if everyone stayed at their current wage, we'd still have two DP slots left on top of this.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
DeGuzman and DeRo need to stay.

So does Preki.

Brooker
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
who voted for Jacob "Did you find everything you were looking for today?" Peterson?

ArmenJBX
09-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I did.

I like him, I see potential, we should keep him around at least another year..

woolly
09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
$2,300,000
- $1,248,230

Keeper:
Stefan Frei
Jon Conway

Defense:
Nana Attakora
Adiran Cann
Ty Harden
Amadou Sanyang
Maxim Usanov

Midfield
Dwayne DeRosario
Dan Gargan

Forward:
Chad Barrett
Maicon Santos

if everyone stayed at their current wage, we'd still have two DP slots left on top of this.

Agreed, but I'd use a DP slot on DeRo. I think he plays better when he doesn't hink he's gettign the shaft (e.g. last year at houston at this year.)

__wowza
09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Agreed, but I'd use a DP slot on DeRo. I think he plays better when he doesn't hink he's gettign the shaft (e.g. last year at houston at this year.)

at which point i'd be shaving his salary off of the total cap.

DichioTFC
09-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Keepers:
Frei
Conway

Defenders:
Attakora
Cann
Gargan
Gomez

Midfielders:
DeRo
JDG
Labrocca
Nane
Sanyang
Gala

Forwards:
Barrett
Santos
OBW
Ibrahim

Garcia I was divided, I want to keep him but his quality is really slipping and it's only going to get worse for him. The six youngsters (Gomez, Nane, Sanyang, Gala, OBW, Faud) I would keep for the sake of development. If we get a diamond out of these guys, it'll be worth it.

Keep JDG, get rid of Mista, make DeRo the DP (first time I've felt this since DeRo's signing). Get a third DP, NYRB style (preferably a creative striker with speed, or an Iniesta type that can play mid and winger equally well).

We need a fullback, a winger and an elite striker. Our holes are fillable, the squad is not a lost cause (don't forget, *competitative* in the MLS isn't really a challenging goal to accomplish for most other teams).

I'd keep Preki as well.

__wowza
09-13-2010, 03:42 PM
ibby is one player i can argue till my dying breath.
some people have it, some people don't. fuad ibrahim DOES NOT have it. he never will. when you saw chad barrett out there in previous seasons, you were waiting for something to click, it was only a matter of time. ibby doesn't have the finishing IQ, he's not menacing, and he doesn't work. there's no development to be found in that man.

Pookie
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Lots of interesting roster decisions.

- Could a new system get more out of De Guzman... ie. not playing a sweeper role as he did to close out the game on Saturday when we needed offense?

- If not, could DeGuzman be sold to another team in another league? Is there any market for his services?

- If JDG is kept, does making DeRosario the 3rd DP give the Captain a confidence boosting shot in the arm reduce any discontent?

- Is keeping DeRosario (1 year older) still a good thing? Is his trade value at its highest it will ever be going forward? Do you move him for assets or hope he retires in Red?

- If you rid yourself of 1 or 2 Canadian roster spots in DeRosario and JDG, who do they get replaced with?

ArmenJBX
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Pookie,

- An open, flowing system would, but I feel like in MLS he's being pushed around more then he's used to.

-Vancouver and Montreal would take him probably.

-If he was promised it, I'd give it to him when Mo goes.

-Hope he retires a red.

-Rob Friend and David Edgar

Mikey
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Dero, Frei and Labrocca. Bit surprised myself that I had no inlcination to click on anyone else!!

Brooker
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
I did.

I like him, I see potential, we should keep him around at least another year..

really? he'd be the first one I'd cut. agree to disagree i suppose!

__wowza
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Lots of interesting roster decisions.

it's obvious (look at the %) that the majority of us want frei around next season. i'm actually interested in seeing the rationale for some of the people who didn't want to keep him.

Pookie
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
^ I want Frei too but I'd be curious to know if there were other teams (in other leagues) interested.

If a transfer is likely in his future, moving him for allocation money might be a good strategy. Assuming there is a plan to use that allocation money.

woolly
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Neither of our DP's is running above 61%.

That can't be good.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-13-2010, 05:01 PM
At Depor, he was a Classic DM. Here, he has to be a DM an AM and a Central Midfielder!! I mean come on! who can do all that!?? LaBrocca, Peterson, Nane, Saric etc... Create such inconsistent flow/pass/protection/control That DeGuz has to try and pick up those pieces!! Its bullshit. The rest of the Midfield needs to be severely UPGRADED. Without upgrading it who the hell is going to service DeRo/Barrett/Mista/Maicon !!!?????? NOBODY. Thats why everything falls apart....

Bars92
09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Ibrahim is the second coming of Lombardo.

Northern Soul
09-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Keepers:
Frei

Defenders:
Attakora
Cann
Gargan

Midfielders:
DeRo
JDG
Labrocca

Forwards:
Barrett
Santos

I didn't hit the checkmark for Santos, but I'd keep him for sure. Otherwise, this is who I'd keep.

ag futbol
09-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm not going to both going over the garbage list because it's too long. It's like 2/3 of the guys on there.... yet again.

So of the guys we probably want to bring back i see the following potential problems:

- Frei - most likely going to be sold. TFC would be foolish not to, we'll get a big cheque.
- Attakora - europe or no? Can we get him back at a more expensive yet reasonable price?
- Barrett - Portland bound ? How many guys of the quality of Santos, Barrett etc do we want to carry?
Sanyang & Gomez - are they 21 or 28? Do they warrant being kept around longer. The draft and an off-season will provide us some time to identify more young talent. Are these the guys we want?

brad
09-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Maybe different leagues require different skill sets. Spain is more highly skilled and not as physical and the players are smaller. Maybe JDG was a great DM in Spain, but isn't in MLS.

Very true. The other thing needed by a DM in Spain is the ability to read a highly tactical game and shut down World XI caliber playmakers. Very different to chasing around a ball on in a tactically naive, physically hard league. You can also make it with a limited range of attacking skills and passing as you will always have an option to make the short pass to the more creative attacking players.

Makalele was one of the best DM's in that league and couldn't complete a pass over 10 yards.

It was no coincidence that JDG was dominant against Cruz Azul - small team, and a tactical game that he was able to read.

brad
09-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Sanyang & Gomez - are they 21 or 28? Do they warrant being kept around longer. The draft and an off-season will provide us some time to identify more young talent. Are these the guys we want?

Gomez deserves a look I think - he showed promise, but has been injured. Sanyang isn't good enough.

ag futbol
09-13-2010, 07:08 PM
JDG has put together (for a the most part) a pretty good run of games lately. I'd be fairly confident that if we had better players around him he'd be giving us a lot of synergy.

Now does this justify paying a defensive mid DP money? not by a long shot. But he's playing his spot more than well enough to justify being included in the squad.

He's taking the bulk of this criticism because people are expecting him to do what he did in the gold cup in 2007. He's not that player, never has been at club level.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Maybe different leagues require different skill sets. Spain is more highly skilled and not as physical and the players are smaller. Maybe JDG was a great DM in Spain, but isn't in MLS. Can you see him as a DM in the Premier League for instance? He'd get flattened like a pancake. I've seen him get bossed off the ball and thrown around too much this year. At the end of the Chicago game, he let Castillo walk right by him at the top of the box(he already had a Yellow Card at that point), Gargan then fouled Castillo and we nearly lost the game on the last kick of the game because of it. A DM has to make or at least attempt a tackle there.

I agree the supporting cast sucks. Losing Guevara hurt us badly, he was the one midfielder who consistently provided good service. JDG would look better with better midfield support, but I still don't think he's an MLS type DM.

One of the Greatest coaches can give you a little insight:

1. A great defensive midfielder is most important to Mourinho
For those who hope Mourinho’s Real will tilt the field and bombard the opposition, prepare to be disappointed. The Portuguese tactician is methodical and opportunistic; he prefers patience to panache. That is why the role of defensive midfielder will become a position of interest during his reign as manager.
The holding position behind the attacking midfielder(s) and in front of the central defenders is crucial to Mourinho because, even if he oscillates between possession-driven and counterattacking styles, he will expect that player to be the first point of transition. At Porto he had Costinha; at Chelsea there was Claude Makelele; and at Inter Milan it was Esteban Cambiasso. Each man played well over 25 games every season under Mourinho.
At Real, Mourinho has a number of players that can play that role: World Cup stars Xabi Alonso and Sami Khedira, Royston Drenthe, Mahamadou Diarra, Lassana Diarra — even versatile defender Pepe can be relied upon. So in the first few weeks, after the roster is thinned a bit, Mourinho will likely conduct myriad auditions.

brad
09-13-2010, 07:46 PM
^^ What's needed tactically at the highest levels of football and what's needed in the MLS are not always the same. When winning trophies depends on shutting down players like Iniesta or Snjeider, I agree with the above.

The rapid transition to counter is also true, but that also requires a level of tactics from the surrounding players that I've not seen in the MLS

Pachuco
09-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Neither of our DP's is running above 61%.

That can't be good.

And the funny thing is, I've been accused of being one of 4 people who make up the camp that would rather not have JDG on this team. Hey, I'm glad people see the truth now.

JDG is a terrible attacking midfielder and a so so defensive midfielder in the MLS. We've played him in both roles this year, and it's obvious he's just an average MLS player. He's overrated because he's Canadian by most people who still support him. I have no doubt if JDG was American he would have 10% of the support on this board.

I also am a bit curious about his performance with Canada against Peru. Same old shit, nothing impressive. I may have had this wrong in thinking it could be the league, his level of play could very well have dropped.

He was on his way down when he left Depor and he cashed in.

Nothing dissapoints me more then his performance with this club, I really thought he could come in here and make a much bigger impact.

We can't keep waiting around for Mo to build Barcelona in order for JDG to look good, we need DPs who are going to make the rest of the team look good.

canadian_bhoy
09-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Speaking of 2011 - wonder what the new kits will look like.

I wish our away kit looked as nice as this (IMO - way better than our white or our grey)

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/bayern-munich-10-11-adidas-away-kit-a.jpg

ag futbol
09-13-2010, 10:11 PM
He was on his way down when he left Depor and he cashed in.

That's not true, he called his club out on owing him un-paid money and was subsequently blackballed + nailed to the bench. He wasn't the only one but he got it the worst. He was one year removed from being player of the year for the club and was generally considered a useful piece up until the point where he didn't re-sign. Depor is deep with talent so they can let him rot on the bench if they want to. Easily could have gone back to Germany, but we have a crazy manager who likes to burn money so he came here.

This team doesn't suck because of JDG. It sucks because we have no wingers, no top level striker, and our go to option at left-back is a guy who has to stand 5 yards off the attacker to make sure he doesn't get beat. Outside of that, most of our players are technically deficient and struggle to receive and make simple passes.

I would never in my life pay him the money we did, but if someone simply asked the question "do you want him as your DM?" i'd say yes.

Pookie
09-13-2010, 10:19 PM
I would never in my life pay him the money we did, but if someone simply asked the question "do you want him as your DM?" i'd say yes.

If the question is do you want him as your DM, I'd agree. Better than anyone we have.

But the question is do you want him as your DP? One of just 3 slots available to build a team around. Is he the best DP option we have?

When he played the role of Sweeper in the closing minutes of the must win DC game, I can say with certainty that no, he is not the best use of that available DP roster spot

algieb
09-13-2010, 10:26 PM
[ quote=Bars92;1127700]Ibrahim is the second coming of Lombardo great comback so true llf

algieb
09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
That's not true, he called his club out on owing him un-paid money and was subsequently blackballed + nailed to the bench. He wasn't the only one but he got it the worst. He was one year removed from being player of the year for the club and was generally considered a useful piece up until the point where he didn't re-sign. Depor is deep with talent so they can let him rot on the bench if they want to. Easily could have gone back to Germany, but we have a crazy manager who likes to burn money so he came here.

This team doesn't suck because of JDG. It sucks because we have no wingers, no top level striker, and our go to option at left-back is a guy who has to stand 5 yards off the attacker to make sure he doesn't get beat. Outside of that, most of our players are technically deficient and struggle to receive and make simple passes.

this man is shit to small no pace spends a lot off his time on the ground gets needles bookings a master off the square pass and loves to play triangles with dan gar, labrocca and we loss the ball 90 off the time

algieb
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM

i would say cut our losses

algieb
09-13-2010, 10:39 PM
JDG has put together (for a the most part) a pretty good run of games lately. I'd be fairly confident that if we had better players around him he'd be giving us a lot of synergy.

Now does this justify paying a defensive mid DP money? not by a long shot. But he's playing his spot more than well enough to justify being included in the squad.

He's taking the bulk of this criticism because people are expecting him to do what he did in the gold cup in 2007. He's not that player, never has been at club level.
degusman came here with a big rep amid who was going to replace guevera and robinson ,i may be missing the point here but a lot off the guys he has been playing agst in the mls are just out off f uni, i want more from a guy on this money with his so called pedigree

KezmanCCCC
09-14-2010, 12:15 AM
i only voted for dero, cann, JDG, attakora, barrett, santos, frei, kocic, usanov, gargan and sanyang....

Oldtimer
09-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Very true. The other thing needed by a DM in Spain is the ability to read a highly tactical game and shut down World XI caliber playmakers. Very different to chasing around a ball on in a tactically naive, physically hard league. You can also make it with a limited range of attacking skills and passing as you will always have an option to make the short pass to the more creative attacking players.

Makalele was one of the best DM's in that league and couldn't complete a pass over 10 yards.

It was no coincidence that JDG was dominant against Cruz Azul - small team, and a tactical game that he was able to read.

That's what makes JDG the wrong choice for DP (as skilled as he is) if our goal is the playoffs. The right DP for MLS is always an attacking striker. (He would be OK as a secondary DP to a decent striker DP).

However, he is absolutely the right player if we want to win the CCL and play in the Club World Cup.

maninb
09-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Is JDG guaranteed money for 2011? if not then offer him a Non-DP contract or else let him go....We could certainly get far more punch for $1.7M, including a A-ONE attacking MF...

ManUtd4ever
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Very interesting results thus far. Certain player votes were predictable and others are somewhat surprising.

At this point, if the core of TFC's squad next year was to be selected by the majority it would consist of the following 11 players:

G- Frei, Conway

D- Attakora, Cann, Gargan, Harden

M- DeRo, JDG, Labrocca

F- Barrett, Santos

Carefree
09-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Definite YES
S. Frei
A. Cann
D. DeRosario
C. Barrett
M. Santos

On the fence, maybe keep as bench player
J. Conway
N. Attakora
D. Gargan
T. Harden
M. Usanov
N. Labrocca
M. Saric
F. Ibrahim

Hell NO

N. Garcia
R. Hscanovics
J. DeGuzman
J. Nane
A. Sanyang
G. Gala
J. Peterson
Mista
O. White

The others I don't know enough to say.

Alarius
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't understand why Frei is 98%.. it should be a 100%

DoubleUp
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
YES
S. Frei
A. Cann
D. DeRosario
C. Barrett
M. Santos
R. Hscanovics
J. Conway
N. Attakora
D. Gargan
T. Harden
M. Usanov
N. Labrocca
J. DeGuzman
J. Nane
A. Sanyang

No..Go
M. Saric
F. Ibrahim
N. Garcia
G. Gala
J. Peterson
Mista
O. White

Fushida
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
19 people voted for OBW... WTF? This isn't golf man... we actually need to score some time.

Carefree
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM
19 people voted for OBW... WTF? This isn't golf man... we actually need to score some time.
He's up to 21 now.

What I can't believe are the 10 people who voted for Peterson. A more useless player I have never seen.

woolly
09-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Carefree, meet Nick Garcia. Nick, meet Carefree.

He's up to 21 now.

What I can't believe are the 10 people who voted for Peterson. A more useless player I have never seen.

MKR
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
it doesn't even matter who on that last is back. Everyone on that list is replaceable.

but the more important thing for me is that i'd rather see some of those guys gone than see anyone in particular return.

prizby
09-14-2010, 02:56 PM
all of them, for the right price of course...if garcia takes a pay cut, if hscanovics takes a pay cut, if usanov takes a pay cut, if jdg takes a pay cut, if mista takes a pay cut

they all can stay, if the price is right

Broadview
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I vote for Amado Guevera!

ArmenJBX
09-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Sooo what happened with Fabien Brandy?

TFCREDNWHITE
09-14-2010, 05:33 PM

Exactly.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I have no problem with Mourinho's description. If you're implying that the likes of Cambiasso, Makelele and J Zanetti are not hard tackling players I would beg to differ on that point. All those guys are hard as fuck. Perhaps you missed Inter "parking the airplane" (to use Mourinho's phrase) against Barcelona last year, Cambiasso let nobody through.

All those guys would have made that tackle on Castillo, riding a yellow card or not, especially when the season was on the line.

You could insert (Makalele, Xavi or GOD himself) as our Defensive Midfielder and keep the exact same other ten on the field and this team would be in the SAME position it is in.....

DichioTFC
09-14-2010, 10:46 PM

I would keep OBW. Let's see how he does with better servicing wingers and an attacking option that opens play up (i.e. more time playing alongside Barrett).

The one thing I would get fixed about OBW above and beyond all else is reaction / response time. If he reacted like JDG does, he would have a much higher goal total

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-16-2010, 03:04 AM
The general consensus among supporters on this forum is that TFC needs to undergo a moderate to drastic rebuild in the off season.

Assuming that expiring contracts could be extended, which players would you like to see return next season?

My two cents...

GK: Frei, Conway, Kocic

D: Attakora, Cann, Gargan, Harden, Usanov, Gomez

M: DeRo, JDG, Nane, Sanyang

F: Barrett, Santos

HARDEN...USANOV...SANYANG...NANE....USELESS!

unless you have money on TFC missing the playoffs for a 5th year in row:D

ManUtd4ever
09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
HARDEN...USANOV...SANYANG...NANE....USELESS!

unless you have money on TFC missing the playoffs for a 5th year in row:D

I think Harden is capable of being a starter on the backline. Usanov, Sanyang, and Nane are capable of being solid contributors off the bench next season. To each his own...

ag futbol
09-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I think half of us are dumbfounded how Nane is playing professional soccer.

TFC had to pull weight just to get him invited to the combine where by all accounts he stunk. We still drafted him, which was somewhat surprising and he shows up on first wave's client list.

Despite being paid a minimal amount he is pretty much the poster boy for what's wrong with the way TFC has scouted players for the last three years. He has no talent!

I think 1/2 the guys in the CSL are of a higher technical quality. He's an athlete with no sense of position or ability.

Fort York Redcoat
09-20-2010, 07:13 AM
He's an athlete with no sense of position or ability.

Agree that he's more of an athlete then a footballer. He's seemed to have wooed the team with his measurements. It's bizarre watching him get him get dummied and have to pull shirts all game. He's not a small guy.

Oldtimer
09-20-2010, 08:26 AM
2/3 of people on this board think that JDG should stay when polling about all of our players. But 2/3 want him gone when polling only about JDG. A disconnect? Or different people voting in different polls?

92% think DeRo should stay.

That won't be enough for the small vocal number of haters on this board. Haters will hate.

ManUtd4ever
12-03-2010, 10:33 AM
-BUMP-

I thought it would be interesting to compare the results of this poll with the actual roster cuts that have been made by interim TFC management thus far.

As it turns out, with the exception of Peterson, Gomez, and Kocic, the rest of Cochrane's moves coincide with the general sentiment expressed by supporters in this forum...

TFC/Everton
12-03-2010, 11:02 AM
finally a poll that works!

alex andrew
12-04-2010, 09:52 PM
it's obvious (look at the %) that the majority of us want frei around next season. i'm actually interested in seeing the rationale for some of the people who didn't want to keep him.

he doesn't know, pure and simple.

he can catch the odd ball, but that is all, even the very odd ball, but not the 'normal' balls.

not to mention he cannot conduct ( as in opera conductor, cannot find better words ) his defence.

not to mention he does not see the game, he gets the ball, keeps it 4 minutes instead of launching a counter attack.

seriously, he gets an easy ball, waits a quarter of an hour to enjoy the cheers, than waits some more, and finally kicks it on king street.

he wastes eons instead of accelerating the play, and hey !

we play at home, and it's tied or we are lead.

but noooo, he takes his time.

do not like him at all. ( ok, he's not that bad, but under no circumstance european material )

he'll retire in this neck of woods.

__wowza
12-10-2010, 02:07 PM
all of them, for the right price of course...if garcia takes a pay cut, if hscanovics takes a pay cut, if usanov takes a pay cut, if jdg takes a pay cut, if mista takes a pay cut

they all can stay, if the price is right

this is what makes the re-entry draft fucking useless!
only two teams picked up players from there. how are the players supposed to bargain now? what are they going to do? go back to their teams and renegotiate contracts knowing that no one in the league wants them?

Stouffville_RPB
12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
this is what makes the re-entry draft fucking useless!
only two teams picked up players from there. how are the players supposed to bargain now? what are they going to do? go back to their teams and renegotiate contracts knowing that no one in the league wants them?

This was only the 1st round this week. Players taken in the first round have to be taken at their previous contract values.

In round 2 is where the selecting team gets the players rights and can negotiate with them. So the draft isn't over yet.