PDA

View Full Version : TFC Reaches New Low: Dasovic Goes Missing

Pookie
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Interesting read from Mr Wheeler. Like him or not certainly sounds like a soap opera:

"Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse, Toronto FC finds new levels of low.

Assistant Coach Nick Dasovic has been at the club long enough to witness numerous embarrassments. Yet, the so-called TFC “Number-Two” in charge was nowhere to be seen along the sidelines Saturday.

Dasovic wasn’t on the bench for Wednesday’s draw in Chicago or last Saturday’s loss at Dallas either. The club says Dasovic has been away scouting, rather than performing his usual game-day and training duties.

Red Flag raised.

Why would a well-liked, hard working and important member of the club be assigned to remedial scouting duties at such a crucial juncture of the season? The entire focus of all team members should be on playoff qualification.

So you can believe that story, pushed by the spinsters at TFC if you may. But doing so would mean you’re a sheep. It makes zero sense for a top assistant coach to be scouting local youth teams, as I’ve been told, at a time the senior side is battling tooth and nail for their playoff lives.

The only thing consistent at Toronto FC is there’s more than meets the eye.

Dasovic has in fact been left in the cold, pushed out of his first team duties and re-assigned.

Dasovic was unavailable for comment, but multiple sources confirm Head Coach Preki sent Dasovic away to scout instead of being with the first-team. It is unknown and unconfirmed why Preki made such a dramatic move.

Sources say Dasovic declined such a demotion. A re-assignment as such is a slap in the face, a sign of blatant disrespect to a man who’s been nothing but a solider for the club since 2008. What transpired next has not been confirmed, but there was a clear following out between the coaches.

Dasovic never was a Preki guy, being leftover from the previous years coaching staff. Sources indicate Dasovic’s future at the club remains up in the air. Toronto FC can only confirm Dasovic hasn’t been fired.

Whispers of issues with Dasovic at the club began at the Canada/Peru game in Toronto last weekend, the same night TFC was in Dallas. Those whispers turned into voices Saturday, with the situation still looming and a resolution not in sight.

This isn’t the first time a coach has been absent from the sidelines and the club as explanation has spewed half-truths. John Carver watched from the rafters as Head Coach, as assistant Chris Cummins lead a TFC side victory. Carver left the club days later.

Make it clear; Dasovic will not leave TFC on his own accord. Sources close to Dasovic say he as committed to the club as ever and has been put in a vulnerable position by making a stand for the betterment of the soccer.

Dasovic was also left in a precarious position last year when it came to replacing Carver. Multiple sources have acknowledged over time that Dasovic was to be named the Interim Head Coach, before being back-doored by the Cummins appointment.

The dysfunction and intrigue continues. The fact there is issue between Preki and Dasovic, yet the latter has not been removed of his duties and is well liked at the club, is clear indication there is question of what becomes of Preki after this season.

Let the rumour mill start churning – Dasovic still on the pay roll, yet out of Preki’s plans is clear indication there is serious doubt whether the Preki experiment will extend beyond one season.

Believe it folks; there is a distinct possibility Preki will not be in Toronto after this season. That would make it five Head Coaches before TFC kicks a ball in their 5th season.

Whether it would be the club, or the coach himself deciding to step away is all conjecture. But there’s no question Preki has become frustrated, has been tactically inferior, and hasn’t dealt with life under the magnifying glass in Toronto with any kind of enjoyment.

Sources at the club have described Preki as being ‘tired’ on multiple occasions. The frustration is plain to see, whether in post-game press conferences, media scrums, or even on the sidelines. Preki took a swipe a Rogers Sportsnet camera Wednesday night in Chicago after a Fire handball was not called.

And even behind the scenes, stories of frustration with Preki’s ways are starting to pop up, as the team’s struggles grow deeper. Preki’s departure from Chivas USA played out in similar fashion.

So it’s more instability at Toronto’s beloved soccer franchise.

The question is for how long will TFC’s most loyal fans keep the blinders on and not see what’s happening before their eyes. If the status quo remains and failure continues to be met with a smiling face, TFC and their supporters are no better than the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans.

Hopefully guys like Dasovic, who care deeply about the club and soccer in this city, don’t fight the good fight in vain"

denime
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah as usual GARETH WHEELER (gareth.wheeler@suntv.canoe.ca) got this from his "source".

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I think we all know that eventually, Dasovic will have the head coach job. Hopefully Mo hasn't screwed things up enough so that he leaves us.

ensco
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I think we all know that eventually, Dasovic will have the head coach job.

I think absolutely nobody "knows" this or even thinks it's an obvious idea.

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
My focus isn't on where Daso was and why he was there, my focus is on watching the boys get three on Wednesday.

Mr. Wheeler can eat a cock until then.

Oldtimer
09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I think we've now found out maybe why the players didn't perform on Saturday: they were upset. Of course, the source is suspect.

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I think absolutely nobody "knows" this or even thinks it's an obvious idea.

Oh cmon, Dasovic isn't going to be Assistant forever. He will eventually take the head coach job or move on.

Hitcho
09-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Well this is clearly full of conjecture and rumour mongering based on nothing of any substance, but just because it's TFC and they are still in the same shit hole mess they've a'ways been in on and off the pitch, it really wouldn't surprise me if there's something like this going on. Daso says to Preki "hey, let's work on something in training that's not anti-football for once" and Preki tries to kick him out. :facepalm:

Hitcho
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh cmon, Dasovic isn't going to be Assistant forever. He will eventually take the head coach job or move on.

That's not what you originally said, and anyway while Dasovic might be a candidate to one day take the head coach job at TFC it's by no means a certainty and certainly not something "we all know".

Back on topic though, I think OT could have a point about the players not performing if there is actually fire behind this smoke.

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Wasn't contract renegotiation this week? I swear I heard it was this week.

Darlofletch
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Well this is clearly full of conjecture and rumour mongering based on nothing of any substance, but just because it's TFC and they are still in the same shit hole mess they've a'ways been in on and off the pitch, it really wouldn't surprise me if there's something like this going on. Daso says to Preki "hey, let's work on something in training that's not anti-football for once" and Preki tries to kick him out. :facepalm:

You're facepalming Preki for a completely imagined over the top reaction to a hypothetical scenario. awesome.

is something going on? more than likely.

Personally i hope they don't just bump Dasovic up to the top job. If we're going to get rid of Preki and start all over again, which I'd still rather not do, but may be necessary, I'd rather it be for someone with a proven track record, rather than promoting from within.

A lot of people seem to think it'd be a good idea cos he gets on well with the players. It's fairly common for the assistant coach to be friendlier with the players, the good cop to the hard-ass head coach. I'd say it's also fairly common for that relationship to not survive the transition to being the top guy, with all the tough decisions that entails.

also, what have Dasovic's coaching repsonisbilities been over the last few years? serious question, i have no idea, I'm just wondering what his qualifications/track record are.

jazzy
09-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I think we all know that eventually, Dasovic will have the head coach job. Hopefully Mo hasn't screwed things up enough so that he leaves us.

We would have been far ahead if the mistake of unexperienced Cummins was chosen in a popularity vote instead of Dasovic as head coach last year.....he knows the playerfrom his time with the national squad and he isn't defensively anal, knowing the flair, skill and passion needed to be successful in soccer. He may not of course been the complete answer with meddling Moe, but where are we now AGAIN......although we really knew this last fall/winter didn't we, who are we kidding......bought again hook line and sinker.........

backbeat
09-12-2010, 09:45 PM
what a made up bullshit story - sure it may or may not be true - but it's pure and unadulterated speculation just like we do here everyday except in big print. as before no sources are available...oh sure...yes i also saw that Dasovic wasn't on the sidelines, and just like everyone else i wondered why and speculated, is there an issue? - he wasn't part of the Preki team brought in, he was a left over - but anyone could logically surmise this shit but it doesn't mean squat.

how i wish we had some REAL reporting from the media about this team, with REAL direct intelligent questions being asked, rather than this half assed speculation with no available sources....blood hell why not ask the question? where is Dasovic? what's up with Mista? is he a bloody DP or not and why are you not playing him - is he injured or what? instead the questions are wimpy at best and then we read this shit...which may very well be true but really who knows and he speculates just like we do.... pure crap...

that last game has really brought me down....I'd like to see Mo removed and a top down soccer/Football rich management team brought in - i was really hoping for Mo to succeed, but i don't see it.

we also need a scouting system similar to hockey. it is something MLSE can spend the $ on without the MLS rules kicking them in the balls - spend big time on a multi-cultural team that can truly scout throughout the world and identify quality players that fit the MLS budget - it is an area that we have the ability to SPEND money on and separate ourselves from the pack - we should DO IT!! Hire good people that have solid reputations in theses various regions that can find and be able to make deals for loans or otherwise with these team….

while we're at it I’d really like a coach with a desire for defence or team/unit play but with an strong eye on GOALS....attack - i find the games this year a total BORE - i'm sure that's because we are not winning but all the same it is boring to watch - i want to see a team that controls the ball, plays as a unit and is strong defensively but can counterattack and be somewhat creative in the top 3rd...

- - G O A L - -

SilverSamurai
09-13-2010, 12:37 AM
also, what have Dasovic's coaching repsonisbilities been over the last few years? serious question, i have no idea, I'm just wondering what his qualifications/track record are.
He coached the U-23 CMNT squad to the semi-finals. While you may say "big deal" the awesome CSA:facepalm: gave them I think it was no more than 2 training sessions before the tournament. No national training camp just "here you go" and threw them in together. When you think about it, it's nothing short of a miracle.
He's also 1 of the assistants for the CMNT. That would explain his absence during the games in Dallas and Chicago...

In any case, wasn't he brought in by Carver because he felt it was important for a Canadian to gain coaching experience? With the CSA mandate of only hiring from within, you know ya need someone with top flight coaching experience.

IMO, I don't think he's set to coach TFC permanently, but if Preki left tomorrow, I'd have no problem with him taking over in an interim case.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 02:03 AM
As always, particularly with a Wheeler article, I will wait until we get more information than his unnamed "sources".

If a guy like J-Mo starts reporting the same thing, I will give this rumour some merit.

- Scott

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 06:20 AM
I can't believe some people are brushing this off.

Our assistant coach has been missing from the bench. That's a big story.

razor787
09-13-2010, 06:53 AM
I can't believe some people are brushing this off.

Our assistant coach has been missing from the bench. That's a big story.

As samurai pointed out, he does assistant coaching for the CMNT. He was probally off with them the last two games, and will be back with the team at the next game.

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 07:09 AM
As samurai pointed out, he does assistant coaching for the CMNT. He was probally off with them the last two games, and will be back with the team at the next game.

It takes more than 4 days to get back from Montreal?

Edit: Just checked and Dasovic wasn't even part of the staff for the recent CMNT games.

Kaz
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
I really don't want to be the team that is breaking in the 5th coach going into the fifth season.. but I also don't want to be known as the Leafs of soccer.

Preki isn't a good coach, his record has always shown that, and the more control he gets, the more players he brings in the worse his teams get. And that is clear her then anywhere.

He was brought in by a train wreck of GM, and he should leave with the GM and let the new GM (who I'm hoping MLSE is already on the look out for) deal with the team as a whole.

Is there any truth to anything that Wheeler said, at this point it doesn't matter Wheeler looks too much like Mo Johnson for me to believe anything he says or take him seriously.

Wull
09-13-2010, 07:47 AM
as I said in the news thread, dasovic isn't important enough for such a reaction from wheeler, he'd be no great loss to the club but it's another reason preki has to go

Shway
09-13-2010, 08:11 AM
i thought i seen him up in the club area...

getting a different view of the game

Redcoe15
09-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Wheeler? Suuuure... :rolleyes5:

Brooker
09-13-2010, 02:27 PM
haha gareth wheeler

Darlofletch
09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
24th minute now confirming that he's heard something's going on as well.

rdroze
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Personally I think this just means Dasovic is going to end up in Vancouver sooner rather than later. (He's from there, and played for the Whitecaps for several seasons.)

Roogsy
09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
The funny thing is that Wheeler has consistenly shown to be able to pinpoint "goings on" at TFC. Yeah he hasn't been bang on all the time, but he certainly has been more willing to put things out there that he's noticed as an insider for public consumption and you guys are ripping into him? Now that 24th minute is backing up portions of what Wheeler is saying, when exactly will you guys give Wheeler's stories a chance as opposed to dismissing them outright even though he's been more right than wrong?

I still believe Wheeler was on to something with the Mista thing. My sources tell me it wasn't as simple and rosy as the team would have us believe. Now Wheeler is bringing something else to light that seems to have some legs. Instead of looking at the facts, we dismiss it because we don't like the messenger? Silly.

We ignore and dismiss Wheeler at our own peril. I may not like the guy, but he's certainly got more dedication (sometimes too much) to bringing out the inside info to the fans than some of the other mainstream journalists.

I can't wait for the day Mo and Preki are gone. BOTH are bad for our club.

Pigfynn
09-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Here's he 24th minute blog entry http://www.24thminute.com/2010/09/preki-rumours.html it's worth reading.

As for Wheeler, he keeps trying to tell everyone that will listen that things at TFC are not good. I think we all know that's true and I think there's more to the story and all these journalists know about it, but they can't say yet.

TFC Cityboy
09-13-2010, 02:55 PM
something smells ..for sure. One of the boys I know in 115 also told me on saturday that Preki was pissed off at the club as his son was cut from the Academy.....I have no way to substantiate this, but it could be a part of the picture- if true...

DichioTFC
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
We ignore and dismiss Wheeler at our own peril. I may not like the guy, but he's certainly got more dedication (sometimes too much) to bringing out the inside info to the fans than some of the other mainstream journalists.

Can't disagree with you, but integrity is a fragile quality especially for people in positions that have the ability to influence opinion (journalists, politicians, etc.). Can't speak for others, but if Wheeler can prove to me that he's trustworthy and a journalist with integrity, I'll happily change my mind on him. But until then, I'll react to what he writes with skepticism.

billyfly
09-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Dasovic will be back by week's end as interim

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Dasovic will be back by week's end as interim

This wouldn't shock me. Mo probably sees the writing on the wall if we miss the playoffs. There are rumours that Preki has lost the room.

Mo might make Dasovic the head coach until the end of the season as his last stab at saving his job.

GBV
09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
The funny thing is that Wheeler has consistenly shown to be able to pinpoint "goings on" at TFC. Yeah he hasn't been bang on all the time, but he certainly has been more willing to put things out there that he's noticed as an insider for public consumption and you guys are ripping into him? Now that 24th minute is backing up portions of what Wheeler is saying, when exactly will you guys give Wheeler's stories a chance as opposed to dismissing them outright even though he's been more right than wrong?

I still believe Wheeler was on to something with the Mista thing. My sources tell me it wasn't as simple and rosy as the team would have us believe. Now Wheeler is bringing something else to light that seems to have some legs. Instead of looking at the facts, we dismiss it because we don't like the messenger? Silly.

+1!!

wzhxvy
09-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Goodness...I know I have said it before but I hope someone steps in and ends this utter farce of an organization. Anselmi has shown himself to be out of touch by awarding Mo a long term contract last year and prancing around with PB like BMO is their dad's property and all is well. I hope Daso is not named interim, that both Preki and MO get fired now, and that they put DD as interim until the end of the season, when a new GM comes in and decides whats what.

Enough of this...seriously.

Blizzard
09-13-2010, 04:06 PM

I dunno. I'm no Wheeler fan but perhaps he really does know something.

Blizzard
09-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Goodness...I know I have said it before but I hope someone steps in and ends this utter farce of an organization. Anselmi has shown himself to be out of touch by awarding Mo a long term contract last year and prancing around with PB like BMO is their dad's property and all is well. I hope Daso is not named interim, that both Preki and MO get fired now, and that they put DD as interim until the end of the season, when a new GM comes in and decides whats what.

Enough of this...seriously.

We all love Dichio but you don't put a guy who has never coached or managed a team in his life into this situation and he'd be crazy to take it. He knows he has much to learn to truly break into the coaching fraternity and to take a head coaching job, even if just interim, now would be a professional disaster for the man.

At least Daso has a long history of assistant work plus his work with Canada. If anybody is to be interim right now ... from the current crop of assistants, Daso is the obvious choice.

Blizzard
09-13-2010, 04:12 PM

Things are a helluva mess that's for sure. Wheeler? I still don't know what to think.

Darlofletch
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Were all the coaches involved in this attempted coup? Percovich is a preki guy, so can't imagine he was against him. So who then, Dasovic, Dichio, Toshack, stuart neely and Jason bent from the academy?

Maybe preki needs to go, but i'm sorry, how much experience does that group have? I'm talking about as the top coach, as opposed to assistant work.

I'm not really all that comfortable with the thought that they're trying to force change through.

hmmm, guy with a long career down to hard work as much as talent, plenty of coaching experience including as head coach, with a coach of the year title to his name, and with some minor success very recently. Is a bit of a hard ass, so in the middle of a dysfunctional team with the egos that includes, he puts some noses out of joint, hits a relatively short rough spell, and gets forced out in favour of the friendlier canadian with assistant experience and a bit of coaching with the national team.

How exactly has that worked out for Triano and the raptors so far?

Brooker
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Instead of looking at the facts, we dismiss it because we don't like the messenger? Silly.

I don't dismiss it because I don't like the messenger. I dismiss it because I don't like the fact that the messenger has been known to make things up and exaggerate. Based on that alone I stop reading when I see his name.

wzhxvy
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
We all love Dichio but you don't put a guy who has never coached or managed a team in his life into this situation and he'd be crazy to take it. He knows he has much to learn to truly break into the coaching fraternity and to take a head coaching job, even if just interim, now would be a professional disaster for the man.

At least Daso has a long history of assistant work plus his work with Canada. If anybody is to be interim right now ... from the current crop of assistants, Daso is the obvious choice.

I am saying put DD not because he is the next coach, or that he is qualified at this stage, but as symbolic interim for the remainder of the season. I do not think we should reward Daso with it, given all the other noise that is going on. If Daso undermined Preki, then I am not sure he is the guy I want in that job. He should have resigned if he did not agree with the direction. But its all speculation regardless. However, one thing is true, and as the French say, the fish stinks from the head. It sure does with TFC.

Lets just clean house...who cares about Daso ffs. Lets get a real GM in here and they can bring their own coach...chances are, it will be someone from the outside.

Suds
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM

Could not agree more. DD would be best to continue his development as a coach working with youth development for a couple more years. Then it would probably be best for him to mentor under a top manger be it with TFC (if they ever get one) or with another organization.

ag futbol
09-13-2010, 06:43 PM
How exactly has that worked out for Triano and the raptors so far?

A lot better than Kevin O'Neil did ... and if you are wondering Preki is the soccer version of Kevin O'Neil.

As for Dichio, without out a doubt one day he will have his time providing he sticks around. But it's too early, I want him here when he's got a good chance to succeed. It feels like the team has done little but marginalize him so far.

algieb
09-13-2010, 10:04 PM
we realy do need a 6th coach table does not lie pricky dismantled a team that missed playoffs by 2 points brought in all his own players and tfc are worse we now have a boring hardworking team that are like watching paint dry

Pookie
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
^ we may have been 2 pts away from the playoffs but with the 5-0 showing in NY (as just one example in that season) we were miles away from anything resembling heart, teamwork and character. You need that if you ever hope to do anything special.

Preki brought a concept that no man was bigger than the team (remember the JDG curfew incident?). I supported the decision to bring him in and I'm not convinced that he isn't finding himself on the wrong side of a political showdown that has been brewing as Mo eyes his future.

I don't pretend to know what goes on but if you have another listen to Chris Cummings' interview of a few months back and take him at his word, Mo allegedly isn't beyond interfering in team matters... to the point of telling players that they should be playing.

If there is another part to this story... and I don't know if there is... would you still judge Preki in the same way?

Roogsy
09-13-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't dismiss it because I don't like the messenger. I dismiss it because I don't like the fact that the messenger has been known to make things up and exaggerate. Based on that alone I stop reading when I see his name.

Considering he has been proven to reveal accurate things more often than be mistaken on things, you ignore him at your own peril. Being suspicious and careful is one thing. Choosing to purposefully remain in the dark is another.

rocker
09-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Instead of looking at the facts, we dismiss it because we don't like the messenger? Silly

What are the facts? Facts are sourced. He sources everything to anonymous. Half of his facts could be right, half could be wrong. Or maybe the ratio is different. Who knows? I don't trust this shmuck based on his shitty writing alone. Usually when the writing is awful, that means the author lacks an attention to detail which extends to his research. Wheeler may be on to something (a fan observing that Dasovic is not on the bench might assume a similar thing), but it's his style and his lack of credibility that make me more likely to see him as a 'canary in the goldmine' rather than as a competent journalist.

He also goes and berates his audience, beating them down with two-cent argumentation tactics, such as calling his readers "sheep."

Anyhow, the funny thing is how Wheeler speculates so much. The "facts" are actually very few. Much of it is his positioning of his points to culminate in his interpretation.

Dasovic may indeed be on the outs with TFC. But that doesn't mean we should praise Wheeler. I wish a better journalist could do these stories. A better journalist, however, probably wouldn't deal in so much conjecture.

And to be honest, this Dasovic thing doesn't make a shits difference at this point. It's a sexy story. It's almost scandalous in a sporting sense. It has drama. But until he quits or is fired, it doesn't mean anything. He's an assistant coach on a team that's never made the playoffs in his tenure. This is not the kind of story that demands anon sources. Save the anonymous sources for Watergate kind of stuff.

ag futbol
09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
What are the facts? Facts are sourced. He sources everything to anonymous. Half of his facts could be right, half could be wrong. Or maybe the ratio is different. Who knows? I don't trust this shmuck based on his shitty writing alone
We've been over this 100x, you can't always get people on the record for obvious reasons.

24th minute reported this is well.

Would you like to try some more mental back-flips in defense of management or are you done?

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah Roogsy, I too must ask what exactly the "facts" of this case are.

I pay attention to rumours, but I certainly don't do much more than "pay attention", until the rumours have been corroborated by more than unnamed "sources".

Christ, sometimes it seems like 30% of the users here have claimed at one time or another to have reliable "sources" within the organization, and have been wrong way more than once.

This could be absolutely true. Or it could be absolutely false. Or it could have a grain of truth wrapped in hyperbole and exaggeration. Who knows.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 10:37 PM
We've been over this 100x, you can't always get people on the record for obvious reasons.

24th minute reported this is well.

Would you like to try some more mental back-flips in defense of management or are you done?

While I recognize the need to keep sources anonymous in some cases, the actual accepted scenarios in real journalism are far more limited than you realize.

Secondly, the fact that sources sometimes need to be anonymous, still doesn't automatically mean the information is credible. If anything, it reinforces the need for named sources to go along with it.

This doesn't require a mental step backwards, let alone a backflip.

As an aside, I hate how any time I person utters an opinion that goes against the conventional wisdom on this website, they are accused of being in the tank for the other "side". He's not "defending management" - he's making a reasonable point.

- Scott

ag futbol
09-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Listen, not long ago someone published a log of certain NBA general manger, and like a lot of them he starts his day reading hoops hype. The website itself is nothing but a collection of quotes from a number of publications. Many of them no better researched than our special friend Wheeler over at the sun. That doesn't mean they take everything they have at face value. The writer puts the info out there and it's up to the reader to decide what they think.

Anyway, for all the shots at Wheelers credibility can someone cite a real example where he's broke a story and it turned out to be little more than BS? His writing might be crude, but to the best of my recollection what he's printed has turned out to be true.

So i'll take it even though it's not meticulously sourced. Being correct trumps being by the book, apologies to the journalism grads.

Azerban
09-13-2010, 11:23 PM
The writer puts the info out there and it's up to the reader to decide what they think.

congrats you've described the fox news model

i honestly want a news organization to stop pulling this shit, and hit me in the face with the truth and call me a fucking retard if i disagree

would subscribe to that in a second

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 11:30 PM

i honestly want a news organization to stop pulling this shit, and hit me in the face with the truth and call me a fucking retard if i disagree

would subscribe to that in a second

Makes two of us.

- Scott

sampace
09-14-2010, 05:15 AM
As for the Triano comments, if you are not paying attention he spent the off season assisting USA win the gold medal. I don't think they are short on quality coaches, they invited Jay Triano because he is respected in the coaching ranks. Give him some talent to work with, people who will go at bat for you and play defence and this guy can get things done.

maninb
09-14-2010, 07:39 AM

^Agreed...If Preki goes now, Daso MUST be interim...DD could be his asst...If there's truth to the assistants revolting then either they or Preki will be gone asap....

ag futbol
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Separating Wheeler from Fox news from is that what he's reported has been shown accurate in time. So no, i'm not subscribing to that.

rocker
09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Separating Wheeler from Fox news from is that what he's reported has been shown accurate in time. So no, i'm not subscribing to that.

The general contention of the last article is correct. But I challenge anyone to go through that, look for the facts, and show how those facts were proven by what happened to Preki today.

Like I said, Wheeler may be a canary in the goldmine, but that doesn't make him a good journalist.

And his "sources" weren't good enough to see this coming when it came: today....