PDA

View Full Version : Mutiny?

ManUtd4ever
09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I would like to believe that yesterday's embarassing performance at home in the most important league match of the season against the worst club in MLS could be chalked up to injuries, fatigue, or that it was simply just one of those days. However, there seems to be something rotten at the core of this club, and it has progessively gotten worse since the confrontation with Mista and Preki during the NYRB match. It appears as though there are internal issues that go beyond Mo and the lack of depth on our squad.

I hate to speculate about dissent in the locker room but what else could possibly explain the sudden lack of cohesion and effort from a group of players that seemed to be motivated and on the right track only a few weeks ago?

Thoughts?

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Thoughts?

we hear these rumours of 'a locker room divided' all the time.

Americans v brits
john carver v mo backers
brennan v. everybody
gambians v. everybody
spanish speakers v. everybody else...

there's been so many rumours of a split that it just becomes an every day thing.

In the end, what really matters, is a manager/coach who can get the players to move past their egos and play a system that works. We need one of those guys to sort things out.

Yeoman
09-12-2010, 12:49 PM
i hear that right now it's between the players that like butter, and those that like margarine

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 12:51 PM
i hear that right now it's between the players that like butter, and those that like margarine

really? because I heard that the lefties aren't happy with the right handed locker doors, and are playing to sabotage the team because no one is taking their complaints seriously.

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Personally, there has always been a lack of cohesion on this team. Aside from 2 or 3 games. But TFC beat Dallas 4-0 in year 1. There are always exceptions. In general though, last night was more typical then not in my mind. We've gotten good results at home which we didn't deserve at all this year. Last night was the icing on the cake, but some people have seen this coming for a while now. 0-0 ties at home. 2-1 wins to shitty teams at home where we looked the worst team on the field. There has been lots of examples this year of poor games we've played at home. I'm not even going to mention games on the road.

As for problems in the locker room, it's about that time of the year when it happens isn't it? There's definately something rotten, I suspect we will see more and more of what it is in the next few games. Maybe the unthinkable will happen and Preki benches Dero or Deguzman. It really seems like the type of year where something like that happens and people lose it.

ManUtd4ever
09-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I wasn't implying a rift between the players, I was suggesting that perhaps the players have tuned Preki out...

FluSH
09-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm just not seeign a leader on the pitch... Brennan lead... Dichio lead... something is wrong with this locker room, but I'm not seeign anyone pull up their boot straps and lead this team.

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm just not seeign a leader on the pitch... Brennan lead....

you mean Robinson lead? :cool:

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm just not seeign a leader on the pitch... Brennan lead... Dichio lead... something is wrong with this locker room, but I'm not seeign anyone pull up their boot straps and lead this team.

I respectfully disagree in that I see Dero try to lift the team alot of the time. When he gets frustrated you see him drop back and starts trying to work the ball up the field with intensity. The rest of the players just don't seem to do shit about it. The lack of intensity on this team going forward is frustrating as hell. Hscanovic and Deguzman would be happy to pass the ball between themselves 100 times so they can rack up their pass completion average and they are quite happy doing that. It all starts with the leader off the pitch, he's probably got them working so hard going backwards they completely forget that they need to attack in order to score a goal. They are probably scared shitless of being the one to make a defensive mistake.

Cashcleaner
09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
The DC game on Saturday was pretty much a repeat of NY last year. Back then, the rumours of a poison dressing room were tossed around, and some ended up being true. Would it really be a stretch to suggest we're seeing the same scenario play out now?

In both instances we lost to teams that were placed DEAD LAST in the league's standings and who had already given up on their chances for the playoffs. In both instances, we went into the matches with victory all but assured in our minds.

The fiasco in New York ended up starting a whole chain-reaction of events that really opened our eyes to the internal goings-on at TFC, and I just wonder if history might be repeating itself with this latest loss to DC.

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
It did look like something was up yesterday. With the kind of lineup Preki put out, there was no reason the players should be playing like that.

Nana Attakora for me was one such example. He let DC players past him too easily, or easier then others. He didn't look like the same guy who took down Henry a couple weeks ago. Something has happened, and it looks like the players are fed up. I dunno. Maybe the CCL and MLS is too much, maybe the locker room is divided, maybe Preki lost the room...I dunno. But, what I know for sure is this; we will never have success with Mo Johnston at the head of this organization.

Globetrotter
09-12-2010, 02:08 PM
WE DO THIS EVERY SEASON!!!!!!!

Why is this such a surprise??? Seriously?! Get with the program. We've followed the same pattern every year. Wake up.

Davenport
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I wasn't implying a rift between the players, I was suggesting that perhaps the players have tuned Preki out...
You might be giving the players too much credit.
Most of them aren't good enough to tune anything in, never mind out.

Flipityflu
09-12-2010, 04:16 PM
i wouldn't worry too much about dressing room battles. the real battle is Mo Johnston vrs. The World

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 04:50 PM

That's exactly what they've done. Preki is a total lame duck coach. You either get rid of Preki or you get rid of all the players.

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I would mutiny too. It honestly looks like the players are just done with being mismanaged.

-Nick Garcia makes 198K, more then Dan Gargan, Adrian Cann and Nana Attakora combined.
-De Rosario does more then any other player and was promised DP, but is paid less then Mista and JDG who do much less. Landon Donovan, LA's De Rosario, was given DP status even though he's an MLS Player, so MLS rules can be changed. If I were De Rosario, and I saw my team basically agreeing with the league to back out of giving me DP, I'd be pissed. I'd want my team to keep calling MLS and saying "Hey, listen, we think De Rosario DESERVES DP status, and we want to give it to him!" That would actually show the team cares.
-Players like Nana and Frei make so little compared to players like Ibrahim and Garcia who make so much. This needs to change. Look at other teams salaries, they are all fairly even. Ours are just over the board.

Fuck, this kind of mismanagement would make any player pissed off, especially if they start losing matches. Bad games breed negativity, and it's a cycle that can't be broken if the players have bad blood because of things like bad salary cap management. It's not everything but it always seems to fall on Mo.

ag futbol
09-12-2010, 06:17 PM
That's exactly what they've done. Preki is a total lame duck coach. You either get rid of Preki or you get rid of all the players.
We seem to do this every offseason anyways :facepalm:

sampace
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
The story from http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/09/12/15322731.html is that their is a rift between Preki and the assistant coach Dasovic who has been missing in action the last three games. Preki is frustrated and losing his cool. Perhaps he pulls a Carver and will be gone soemtime soon!

Nuvinho
09-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Fire Mo now.

Daso needs to be with the club, but won't be until Preki is gone.

I don't know any MLS GMs who are available? Bring an experienced one in October, and he'll deal with Preki, and keep Daso around.

ManUtd4ever
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
The story from http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/09/12/15322731.html is that their is a rift between Preki and the assistant coach Dasovic who has been missing in action the last three games. Preki is frustrated and losing his cool. Perhaps he pulls a Carver and will be gone soemtime soon!

I was wondering what happened to Dasovic. Why is there a soap opera on this club every fucking year?! Daso was popular with the players. No wonder the players don't give a shit anymore...

billyfly
09-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Rabbit season....!

Duck season...!

Or

Spoon....!

Fork...!

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Rabbit season....!

Duck season...!

Or

Spoon....!

Fork...!

I would assume the Spork guys would mediate this situation...

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Rabbit season....!

Duck season...!

Or

Spoon....!

Fork...!

Chicken and Sporks, my good man. That is my promise to everyone when Mo is gone.

ochos
09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Fire Mo - it's time.

netsan
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Nana Attakora makes me want Marco Velez back!

TFC needs an enima!

Beach_Red
09-12-2010, 10:48 PM
I was wondering what happened to Dasovic. Why is there is a soap opera on this club every fucking year?! Daso was popular with the players. No wonder the players don't give shit anymore...

Because there was never an experienced guy at the top setting the tone. The management of TFC has always been inexperienced guys scrambling to keep their own jobs and not really knowing how. It's inexperience (Mo, Carver, Cummins - none of them had enough experience to run a team). It's guys hired for jobs they never should have been hired for.

nascarguy
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Nana Attakora makes me want Marco Velez back!

TFC needs an enima!
I think mlse needs one to all there teams play the same that way

Blizzard
09-14-2010, 12:47 AM
We seem to do this every offseason anyways :facepalm:

LOL, I suppose so. I don't know, it just seems that they will never get the job done under Preki. I hope I'm wrong. Contrary to what many think, I really do think their is enough talent on this team to get into the play-offs. If we miss by one or two ponts due to that uncalled handball in Chicago ..............

TFCRegina
09-14-2010, 12:53 AM
i wouldn't worry too much about dressing room battles. the real battle is Mo Johnston vrs. The World

I heard that movie was a total flop...like MoJo's coaching and managing career.

Oldtimer
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
continue discussion in the Mo, Preki gone thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1128007#post1128007