PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Lissel - no longer with TFC ?

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 07:29 AM
from our friends over at U-Sector

On tonight's Fox Soccer Report, they announced that Michelle Lissel will be re-joining the nightly news show starting in October. I wonder why MLSE never used her on any of their news shows on GolTV. She really did a great job with the Fox Soccer Report on Fox Sports World Canada before she joined Toronto FC's Communications Department.

anyone find a solid link to back this up?

seems like a sign that big change is coming (or that the ship is sinking)

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 07:33 AM
http://unprofessionalfoul.com/2010/09/11/just-in-michelle-lissel-returning-to-fox-soccer-report/

http://twitter.com/DerekTaylorFSR/status/24143286719

not official, but more details

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 07:45 AM
and for fun...

http://imgur.com/aY4c0.gif

London
09-12-2010, 07:47 AM
heard this last night, good riddance to her and her suporter hating ways,

please take your boyfriend slowMO with you

GBV
09-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Hopefully they get rid of Laura The Queen Of Ridiculous Over-Pronunciation.

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 08:07 AM
and guys..... let's keep it civil. Personal attacks will be edited out, and if they're over the line, infractions given.

keep it about the topic.

London
09-12-2010, 08:09 AM
she hated us, we hated her, this is for the best

anto7
09-12-2010, 08:23 AM
and for fun...

http://imgur.com/aY4c0.gif
That is awesome.
Do you have the link for this, I would like to share it.

anto7
09-12-2010, 08:25 AM
http://unprofessionalfoul.com/2010/09/11/just-in-michelle-lissel-returning-to-fox-soccer-report/

http://twitter.com/DerekTaylorFSR/status/24143286719

not official, but more details
Why does Derek Taylor have a picture of Bobby McMahon on his Twitter page?
Too funny

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 08:26 AM
That is awesome.

h_UB34xeF-0

denime
09-12-2010, 08:29 AM
That is awesome.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Why-goalkeepers-shouldn-t-be-too-quick-to-celebr?urn=sow-268819

anto7
09-12-2010, 08:29 AM
h_UB34xeF-0
Thanks

greatwhitenorf
09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Probably in her best interest. MLSE just chews the guts out of people who work there.

She morphed from FAUX Soccer's giggly '06 World Cup beer-tent correspondent into an occasionally icy TFC media wrangler who could quickly turn a gnarly set of antlers on anyone stepping beyond the stringent corporate policies or daring to ask hard questions at media conferences.

I don't blame her. The Neo-Orwellians that run MLSE's media ops love to cuddle and curry their current or potential rights holders but don't hesitate to sport the brown shirts and ax handles when it's time to bully other members of the media. The resulting friction burns don't wear well with everyone.

Mo and his coaches have come from soccer environments abroad where media are often kept at a very long arm's length from the team and only allowed access under the most controlled conditions.

While MLSE have gleefully embraced that attitude in all their sports properties, that isn't the case with most sports teams or leagues on this continent and that policy neither sits well with many media members(or certain MLSE staffers) nor does it serve the game's long term interests.

canadian_bhoy
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Who cares?

greatwhitenorf
09-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, when someone with her level of from-Day-One inside knowledge and contact returns to a media position, they often bring with them a willingness to use it against the former employer.

You can expect buckets of mud to be flung at TFC in the near future.

canadian_bhoy
09-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm sure she'll have to sign some sort of non disclosure agreement upon leaving. Besides - I don't really know what dirt is out there on TFC that people don't already know. I can't see too many gems of info coming out of this.

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 11:09 AM
combine her leaving with the 'scouting missions' of Nick Dasovic...

shakeups at that high a level inside the organization are interesting to many of us,
and having two big shifts at the same time indicate that trouble is brewing.

James Oliphant
09-12-2010, 11:33 AM
She morphed from FAUX Soccer's giggly '06 World Cup beer-tent correspondent into an occasionally icy TFC media wrangler who could quickly turn a gnarly set of antlers on anyone stepping beyond the stringent corporate policies or daring to ask hard questions at media conferences.

In my (limited) experience, the iciness was there at least a couple years before she joined TFC. I can't say it was ever-present, but on the two occasions I met her it was evident.

Wagner
09-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Lots of stories of her being less than nice to supporters.

MSP's KC story is the first that comes to mind.

She won't be missed.

greatwhitenorf
09-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm sure she'll have to sign some sort of non disclosure agreement upon leaving. Besides - I don't really know what dirt is out there on TFC that people don't already know. I can't see too many gems of info coming out of this.

??!!

Or what? She won't be allowed to leave Toronto?

I'm sure once she's back in FAUX Sawker's broadcast sweatshop studios, in that old converted arctic D.E.W Line station, she'll either say what she has to say or simply hand the info over to a colleague.

As for what dirt is still to be dealt? Take a look at that flushed, puffy face on Mo Johnston and ponder on how a former pro athlete gets to look that way.

FluSH
09-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Amen

johnmolinaro
09-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Very surprised by the tone of this thread. Why all the hostility?

She's been nothing but cordial, friendly and helpful to me in the four years I've covered the club.

John Molinaro
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM

She's been nothing but cordial, friendly and helpful to me in the four years I've covered the club.

your experiences are your own, just like people who have seen the other side have their own experiences to base their judgment upon.

like when TFC supporters who were watching a practice were told their cameras had to go away because 'footage of training would leak out'.
Seems un-cordial, unfriendly and unhelpful to me.... but I wasn't there --- but would trust the words of those who were above anything else.

Wagner
09-12-2010, 01:44 PM

John Molinaro

In a way, aren't you a customer? paying rights to broadcast their brand...

She didn't view the paying fans the same way.

She HAD to be nice to you, she didn't have to be nice to us.

Also, TV is her background...maybe was hoping to be the less pretty less talented Andy Petrulo for CBC.

greatwhitenorf
09-12-2010, 02:15 PM
You got it, Wagner. Cuddled and curried the rightsholders.

I got to see the antlers. Big, fcuk-off, shiny ones they were and all.

Cashcleaner
09-12-2010, 02:25 PM

John Molinaro

Our hostility is due to nothing more than her own condensing attitude and behaviour toward many fellow fans and supporters.

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Probably in her best interest. MLSE just chews the guts out of people who work there.

I don't blame her. The Neo-Orwellians that run MLSE's media ops love to cuddle and curry their current or potential rights holders but don't hesitate to sport the brown shirts and ax handles when it's time to bully other members of the media. The resulting friction burns don't wear well with everyone.

Mo and his coaches have come from soccer environments abroad where media are often kept at a very long arm's length from the team and only allowed access under the most controlled conditions.

While MLSE have gleefully embraced that attitude in all their sports properties, that isn't the case with most sports teams or leagues on this continent and that policy neither sits well with many media members(or certain MLSE staffers) nor does it serve the game's long term interests.

It's simple. She probably wants to be on TV. Let's not make more of this than really exists.

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM

shakeups at that high a level inside the organization are interesting to many of us,

Possibly I suppose but is this really such a big move? No offence to her. I've never dealt with her so I can't comment on the bad feelings here but it's not like she's a bit part of the operation although she definitely has her role.

manic.street.preacher
09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
good riddance. that is all.

Lots of stories of her being less than nice to supporters.

MSP's KC story is the first that comes to mind.

^defo, and there are way worse stories than that one.

Chevy
09-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Well, when someone with her level of from-Day-One inside knowledge and contact returns to a media position, they often bring with them a willingness to use it against the former employer.

You can expect buckets of mud to be flung at TFC in the near future.

Does she really have a significant influence on what get's reported?

AL-MO
09-12-2010, 04:30 PM
heard this last night, good riddance to her and her suporter hating ways,

please take your boyfriend slowMO with you

Amen

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

John Molinaro

You are in the media so she treated you much better than us. We are Supporters and are lower form or life to her.

habstfc
09-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Who the hell is michelle lissel, is she the blonde lady that strts the press conferences off and stuff like that? Who effing cares, was it a slow day today or something. I heard one of the janitors at tfc is leaving.

AL-MO
09-12-2010, 04:34 PM
your experiences are your own, just like people who have seen the other side have their own experiences to base their judgment upon.

like when TFC supporters who were watching a practice were told their cameras had to go away because 'footage of training would leak out'.
Seems un-cordial, unfriendly and unhelpful to me.... but I wasn't there --- but would trust the words of those who were above anything else.

It wasn't the request, it was how she went about it. If she requested it in a reasonable manner I don't think anyone would have took issue. But to be rude to Supporters who traveled hundreds of miles and spent over a thousand dollars on a trip rubbed more than a few of us the wrong way. If KD was there he would have told her to fuck right off. (which most of us wanted to say but bit our tongues)

TFCRegina
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Who the hell is michelle lissel, is she the blonde lady that strts the press conferences off and stuff like that? Who effing cares, was it a slow day today or something. I heard one of the janitors at tfc is leaving.

Probably was competent at his job too. MoJo just drives away everyone worth having. :D

RedsYNWA
09-12-2010, 08:24 PM
She was a Twat end of

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I tried contacting Doneil Henry for an interview, and received a cease and desist order.

See yeah later...

Hitcho
09-12-2010, 08:48 PM

Dasovic is big news. Lissell is not. She was a PR monkey, and a rude and miserable one at that. My sense is that it's for the best for TFC that she's gone, but "high level"? I may be wrong but I wouldnt have thought so.

I tried contacting Doneil Henry for an interview, and received a cease and desist order.

See yeah later...

Ha ha ha ha!!!

Oldtimer
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

You are in the media so she treated you much better than us. We are Supporters and are lower form or life to her.

Saw her twice. Certainly an unpleasant person to be around.

Redpunkfiddle
09-12-2010, 10:32 PM

See yeah later...

Well clearly she had some good judgement.

Lucky Strike
09-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Good riddance if true - I've never heard of a communications officer going incommunicado before...

TorCanSoc
09-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Never met her. Never had a run in with her. But read many of the complaints. Seems like one of those "be nice to some people" kind of person. Not in the role of her job, but as a person. Anyway... I just got the impression every time we had a TFC TV episode was on, she'd get in "harms way" of the camera. Sometimes just standing there for no reason. She's a media person, she knows where the cameras all at all times. I just found it funny. Every TFC-TV episode, I'd play where's Waldo with her sightings. For that... she'll be missed.

Chevy
09-13-2010, 07:14 AM
LOL. I saw her walk right on to the practice pitch once when the boys were stretching and warming up. Picked up a water bottle or something and then walked off.

TFC Cityboy
09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
I read that Terri Leigh has left the FOX Soccer Report...no reason to watch now
:(

Parkdale
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Who effing cares, was it a slow day today or something. I heard one of the janitors at tfc is leaving.

If Kit Man Malcolm or Carmelo the Trainer were leaving...
I'd be over at King Dave's house making them a 'Farewell Banner'.

The club is made up of more than just the players.

Fort York Redcoat
09-13-2010, 09:14 AM

As stated she was in PR. Paid to deal with us at times. The janitors we don't interact with so much...

GBV
09-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I read that Terri Leigh has left the FOX Soccer Report...no reason to watch now
:(

yep they announced it recently on the show.
too bad.

Jeffro
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
If Kit Man Malcolm or Carmelo the Trainer were leaving...
I'd be over at King Dave's house making them a 'Farewell Banner'.

The club is made up of more than just the players.

haha, this could be an idea even if he's not leaving! Kit man is still getting his job done, those jerseys are all looking sharp and clean. Can't say the same for too many other people in the organisation. lol

Phil
09-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I know I have not seen eye to eye with her on a few things but honestly I wish her all the best at Fox.

Lets all try and stay classy on this and not get into the mud slinging.

bgnewf
09-13-2010, 11:35 AM
She actually picked up the phone and took a few calls from me over the past months when I was trying to confirm a thing or two.

I personally wish her well.

Oblio2
09-13-2010, 11:46 AM
You got it, Wagner. Cuddled and curried the rightsholders.

I got to see the antlers. Big, fcuk-off, shiny ones they were and all.

HA HA HA

greatwhitenorf
09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
HA HA HA

You would laugh at that, Cockney hooligan.

Be a chuckle when she voices-over the J-League highlights

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/1/16/20091123151015!KashimaAntlers.png

Oh, wait. I cancelled FAUX ages ago. Not that they've got long to go in Canada anyway.

Brooker
09-13-2010, 02:16 PM

John Molinaro

we're just fans. we generally get treated like pieces of shit.... cattle, y'know?

this is the kind of person we have covering our club. unbelievable.

greatwhitenorf
09-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Given the infrequency of current TFC commentary by John, I was left wondering if Michelle was moonlighting as John's Serie A/La Liga/Ligue Un researcher, given the preponderance of articles that now most frequently grace his byline.

Happy to support CBC, just don't think that's the best use of those resources.

Gixmo
09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Side thought : Malcolm the Kit Man is one kick ass dude

Detroit_TFC
09-13-2010, 09:36 PM
This may be more about Terri Leigh leaving FSR, creating an opening for ML to return than state of TFC/MLSE. But obviously, if everything was shits and giggles at the FO, why would you leave?

johnmolinaro
09-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Given the infrequency of current TFC commentary by John, I was left wondering if Michelle was moonlighting as John's Serie A/La Liga/Ligue Un researcher, given the preponderance of articles that now most frequently grace his byline.

Happy to support CBC, just don't think that's the best use of those resources.

I'm currently on holidays, which is why you haven't seen much from me on TFC.

As for "the preponderance of articles" on Serie A, La Liga and Ligue Un that "now most frequently grace by byline," I'm not sure what that's in reference to.

John

Parkdale
09-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Side thought : Malcolm the Kit Man is one kick ass dude

I would let him, the keeper coach, carmelo the trainer and bitchy the hawk run the team.

sulfur
09-14-2010, 08:59 AM
I would let him, the keeper coach, carmelo the trainer and bitchy the hawk run the team.
Tosh. :)

Davenport
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Who is she and what the fukc did she do....shag someone ?

rocker
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Is this a trade? Terri Leigh for Michelle Lissel? I would love to see Leigh around the club regularly...... ;)

Detroit_TFC
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Asif said during the live Mo Go chat that Michelle is going to Fox Sports World, didn't know if she's back on FSR or not.

sulfur
09-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Fox Soccer Report announced the other day (yesterday?) that she was joining the show in October.

Detroit_TFC
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Fox Soccer Report announced the other day (yesterday?) that she was joining the show in October.

That's awesome. I think they should have Ines Sainz on there too and the two of them celebrate the end of each segment with French kissing.

:D

I digress.

TorCanSoc
09-14-2010, 05:05 PM
That's awesome. I think they should have Ines Sainz on there too and the two of them celebrate the end of each segment with French kissing.

:D

I digress.

Post of the day! Only caveat is put me in the middle of that. I still think Michelle's hot.

FluSH
09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
With all these great news, I think I am going to buy a birthday cake tomorrow!

jabbronies
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
With all these great news, I think I am going to buy a birthday cake tomorrow!

Don't buy that Dominion bakery shit. I fucking hate those cakes.

greatwhitenorf
09-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Post of the day! Only caveat is put me in the middle of that. I still think Michelle's hot.

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/83/Speciesver3.jpg

Five years ago, we sent a message to Winnipeg...