PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs. DCU postgame thread

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
The team played like crap. :picard:

Mo must go.

TFC USA
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
If I see even one ounce of "we can still make the playoffs" positivity I am going to fucking lose my mind because while optimism is fine, blind fucking faith is stupid.

That was the most gutless, spineless, useless performance since 5-0 last year.

All of them may have to go. Mo has to go first and then have it trickle down because this team is a disaster. We are Frei, Barrett, and Dero away from being worse than the Union.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:00 PM
dc united has more road wins than us

fuck this retarded earth

J .
09-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Pathetic

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 05:01 PM
The worst fucking game I've ever seen us play. EDIT: Ever seen in my life.

What makes a soccer team:
-Passing
-Defending
-Scoring

What does Toronto have?
-Passing? Fuck no. Hoofing the ball up the field and giving away position =/= passing.
-Defending? Fuck no. We give up stupid goals and if it wasn't for the keeper we'd have the worst defense ever.
-Scoring: 22 goals in 1 season, almost half by one guy. No goals in last 5 games that count.

Oh, and get this, so far, goal scorers against Toronto include:

-Carl Robinson
-Julius James
-Jeff Cunningham

Who are ya, who are ya? Let me fucking tell you, they're the players lucky enough to leave this shithole of a team.

MO, FUCKING LEAVE.

TFC07
09-11-2010, 05:01 PM
TFC should focus on CCL for now on and let the kids play MLS games.

MLSE: fire Mo now...I hope media starts pressuring MLSE now.

dupont
09-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I hope the people in attendance booed that horrible display.

werewolf
09-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I am excited for the impending rise of season ticket prices.

ParadymeTFC
09-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh I hope this is a good shit show of a post game.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Live_Streaming/ID=1551439435

Azerban
don't boo the players, we have to be behind them no matter what ~*gets dicked around for four straight years with no end in sight*~

TFC USA
DC United has more road wins than TFC.

TFC07

ParadymeTFC
09-11-2010, 05:04 PM
The worst fucking game I've ever seen us play. EDIT: Ever seen in my life.

What makes a soccer team:
-Passing
-Defending
-Scoring

What does Toronto have?
-Passing? Fuck no. Hoofing the ball up the field and giving away position =/= passing.
-Defending? Fuck no. We give up stupid goals and if it wasn't for the keeper we'd have the worst defense ever.
-Scoring: 22 goals in 1 season, almost half by one guy. No goals in last 5 games that count.

Oh, and get this, so far, goal scorers against Toronto include:

-Carl Robinson
-Julius James
-Jeff Cunningham

Who are ya, who are ya? Let me fucking tell you, they're the players lucky enough to leave this shithole of a team.

MO, FUCKING LEAVE.

Buddle hasn't scored on us?

[NBF]
09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Player Ratings:

Frei- 6

Garcia-4
Attakora-5
Cann-5
Hscanovics-3

Gargan-5
DeGuzman-5
Saric-4
DeRosario-6

Santos-5
Mista-4

LeBrocca-4
Joseph-4

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
werewolf do you really just fuckin love moose or was it an accident you have it twice in your sig

Keystone FC
09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
OKAY! I'm dead serious. We NEED a coach to teach our players (TFC) to flop and fake injury cause it seems that's what wins games in this league. Don't think so? Then how was DC able to get a goal? Their player flopped from a little push from behind! THAT'S how you win games in this league. ANYONE who says 'Well, we just need better players.' can go FUCK themselves cause we just lost to THE WORST TEAM IN MLS. WE had the better team record wise and we got beat at home.
Flopping and Diving! That's how you win in MLS.

canadian_bhoy
09-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I am excited for the impending rise of season ticket prices.

I won't be surprised if there is a freeze for next season as a reward for our loyalty.

It has nothing to do with the fact that they have topped out on how much they can charge and can't make any more money off us...it's our loyalty.

The prices should come down. God knows they won't. But they should. How much do people in the reds pay? For a 3rd rate team in a 2nd rate league? what a joke.

TFC USA
I'm not behind the players anymore. Shitheads like JDG who don't give a fuck have no place in a professional environment of any sort.

The players don't have heart, the coach doesn't have any creativity, and Mo is a fucking loser who should be burned at the stake for 4 years of failure.

I'm so pissed.

SilverSamurai
dc united has more road wins than us

fuck this retarded earth
LOL

+1.
Season is pretty much lost. Give the subs some time to stretch their legs. Concentrate on the CCL.
Although personally I'd rather do well in the CCL over MLS Playoffs. But it does suck since the Finals are at BMO this year...

Still I won't stop being a supporter because the team is sucky.

jloome
An absolute inability to hold up the ball and patiently develop something. Just awful.

Azerban
it'd be funny if it wasn't so fucking tragic

ParadymeTFC
lol even Nigel is speechless thats how shyte we are.

We should have just played 5-5-0 and maybe we could have come out with a point.

werewolf
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
werewolf do you really just fuckin love moose or was it an accident you have it twice in your sig

good form.

I do really love moose, however I was probably intoxicated when I comprised my list. Fixed.

My signature is in-fact more interesting then the match.

I had duiker the other day, some type of antelope, it was fantastic.

jloome
09-11-2010, 05:09 PM
DeGuzman sounds like they've given up on the league. "We've pretty much gotta concentrate on Champions' League," he says.

Davenport
09-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Everyone connected with TFC should be embarrassed to pick up their pay cheque.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:10 PM
My signature is in-fact more interesting then the match.

spent more time analyzing your sig to match to my own personal animals-in-my-mouth list than tfc did impressing me

Davenport
09-11-2010, 05:11 PM
DeGuzman sounds like they've given up on the league. "We've pretty much gotta concentrate on Champions' League," he says.
Concentrate...that'll be a first.

werewolf
09-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I won't be surprised if there is a freeze for next season as a reward for our loyalty.

It has nothing to do with the fact that they have topped out on how much they can charge and can't make any more money off us...it's our loyalty.

The prices should come down. God knows they won't. But they should. How much do people in the reds pay? For a 3rd rate team in a 2nd rate league? what a joke.

A few years too late, anyhow, I would take it. A price drop would be logical, but yea, logic...LOL

I am fine with that if they do something useful in the CL.

werewolf
09-11-2010, 05:13 PM
spent more time analyzing your sig to match to my own personal animals-in-my-mouth list than tfc did impressing me

Might change duiker to antelope since it is an antelope, I can't get into the induvidual species of everything, wont be enough room.

Alteration is under review.

TFC played like all of those collective animals feces.

__wowza
I am fine with that if they do something useful in the CL.

do you seriously think we'll make a decent run in the CCL with what we've done in this league so far?

ACSertL
I have had moose and thought it was gamey...unlike our beloved TFC this afternoon.

swan
Oh I hope this is a good shit show of a post game.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Live_Streaming/ID=1551439435

i'm out side of canada what did it say i can't watch it here

ecospice
09-11-2010, 05:14 PM

A 'we're not gonna take it' cheer broke out

Oldtimer
Time to fire Mo, Preki, and retire Nick Garcia.

Blow it up and start over.

Azerban
Might change duiker to antelope since it is an antelope, I can't get into the induvidual species of everything, wont be enough room.

where did that post of mine go

interesting

no mods no masters

manic.street.preacher
09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
^i was saying something to this effect this afternoon ... but that whole performance was so disheartening, i'm finding it hard to take the team seriously. we looked like timbits players.

ParadymeTFC
09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
lol whats goin on infront of 112 and 113?

__wowza
09-11-2010, 05:16 PM
at leats julius james is keeping it classy.

[NBF]
lol even Nigel is speechless thats how shyte we are.

We should have just played 5-5-0 and maybe we could have come out with a point.

Alex Ferguson fielded a 3-7-0 formation when his team were going through injuries and he still managed to come away with some wins.

3-7-0:

------------------------Frei--------------------------
-----------Usanov------Cann-----Attakora------------
Gargan-------DeGuzman------LeBrocca--------Hscanovic
-----------Ibrahim----Santos-----DeRosario------------

Batman
do you seriously think we'll make a decent run in the CCL with what we've done in this league so far?

no shit.

MO

MUST

GO

werewolf

no, but I also didnt think we would get any points at home versus Cruz Azul. At least if they concentrate, we might be able to sneak a few points. Especially if RSL are focused on the league.

ArmenJBX
Sell fucking everyone.

Throw out FO.

Fold this team, take a year off.

Re-enter, like San Jose Earthquakes, as a new franchise. Re-Do expansion draft and super draft. Try this shit again.

/Sarcasm

ilikemusic
09-11-2010, 05:17 PM
1. Julius James seems like a real class act.

2. When do we get to see Preki's news conference? Im dying to hear him piss and moan!

TFC USA
The day TFC is eliminated officially from the playoffs I think it's fine to chant "FIRE MO" as loud as you can.

Shakes McQueen
Only saw the first half of this one, but it sounds like the second half was the same. No patience in the build-up - as soon as a guy got within 30 yards of the goal, they would take a (bad) shot.

They don't look comfortable out there; they look skittish.

Goodbye Mo. Time to focus on the CCL, because any team that can't beat (or even score a goal) against DC United at home, in a CRUCIAL game, doesn't deserve to make the playoffs.

- Scott

SilverSamurai
09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Time to fire Mo, Preki, and retire Nick Garcia.

Blow it up and start over.
Hasn't that been the case of the revolving door for TFC the past 4 seasons?

Azerban
;1126460']Alex Ferguson fielded a 3-7-0 formation when his team were going through injuries and he still managed to come away with some wins.

that's quite obviously a 3-4-3

yeah dero and santos will track back :rolleyes:

ilikemusic
OMG He is blaming the schedule makers?!?!

This guy is a complete fucking clown!

:jaw:

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Hasn't that been the case of the revolving door for TFC the past 4 seasons?

the only thing that should have revolved hasn't

fuckin mo

Shakes McQueen
Sell fucking everyone.

Throw out FO.

Fold this team, take a year off.

Re-enter, like San Jose Earthquakes, as a new franchise. Re-Do expansion draft and super draft. Try this shit again.

Take a deep breath, and get a grip.

- Scott

Dub Narcotic
The bigger problem is that the alleged core of the team is not playing well. What is there to rebuild around? I think we're seeing the downside of DeRo's career (he's been anonymous since the all-star game), De Guzman is an average player at this point, and Cann and Attakora are also average players at best. I would dump De Guzman and Mista next year and just roll the dice on a bunch of attacking DP's: Michael Owen and Del Piero, if possible? Saric can easily do the job De Guzman is doing right now, and this team needs goals.

__wowza
no, but I also didnt think we would get any points at home versus Cruz Azul. At least if they concentrate, we might be able to sneak a few points. Especially if RSL are focused on the league.

no shit.

MO

MUST

GO

i'm assuming the same thing is going to happen. we'll burn out too early and just tank the CCL as well.

TFC USA
As much as I like Barrett now, he would not have helped us win today. It was that bad.

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 05:20 PM
;1126460']Alex Ferguson fielded a 3-7-0 formation when his team were going through injuries and he still managed to come away with some wins.

3-7-0:

-----------Usanov------Cann-----Attakora------------
Gargan-------DeGuzman------LeBrocca--------Hscanovic
-----------Ibrahim----Santos-----DeRosario------------

Preki is no Sir Alex.

Davenport
09-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Correct, this squad will never win a thing.
Time to start again with a GM who knows how to build a squad.

Nerepis
09-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow, Preki blames the loss on a 4 o'clock start. It's time for all in this organization to take a long hard look in their hearts.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:22 PM
The bigger problem is that the alleged core of the team is not playing well. What is there to rebuild around? I think we're seeing the downside of DeRo's career (he's been anonymous since the all-star game), De Guzman is an average player at this point, and Cann and Attakora are also average players at best. I would dump De Guzman and Mista next year and just roll the dice on a bunch of attacking DP's: Michael Owen and Del Piero, if possible? Saric can easily do the job De Guzman is doing right now, and this team needs goals.

cann and attakora are just fine, can't win a game if we don't score

the rest of this post isn't bad

__wowza
i'm getting a tad tired of preki saying "i don't like to make excuses.." and then making a fuck ton of excuses.

ParadymeTFC
Something about the way Preki speaks makes me want to punch him in the face.

__wowza
Wow, Preki blames the loss on a 4 o'clock start. It's time for all in this organization to take a long hard look in their hearts.

he mentioned dero and the 4 o'clock start time after the canada games. not the entire team.

[NBF]
09-11-2010, 05:23 PM
that's quite obviously a 3-4-3

yeah dero and santos will track back :rolleyes:

lol

I think John Carver was the only head coach we had who actually changed the formation from game to game if something wasnt working, i just wish that the team was a little bit smarter about their player management. This is also the first season we've had where we didnt have Paul Winsper as the fitness coach so I can see maybe fatigue playing a role in this slump. But if you needed to replace a fitness coach that would be the job of the director of football to hire a replacement.

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Something about the way Preki speaks makes me want to punch him in the face.

I bet the players hold a party when he's fired by the new GM, just like the Chivas players did.

Beach_Red
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Take a deep breath, and get a grip.

- Scott

No, he's right. It was painful to be in the stands today. It's hard to believe this team ever practices, it looked like 11 guys who'd never met one another before today.

This isn't a coaching issue or a manager issue, it really does go a lot deeper than that.

[NBF]
09-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I bet the players hold a party when he's fired by the new GM, just like the Chivas players did.

Where did you see that they held a party? And what else did they say about him?

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 05:27 PM
;1126492']Where did you see that they held a party? And what else did they say about him?

It was reported at the time, don't remember where.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:27 PM
It's hard to believe this team ever practices, it looked like 11 guys who'd never met one another before today.

This isn't a coaching issue or a manager issue, it really does go a lot deeper than that.

this doesn't make sense from top to bottom hope you know that

boysblue
09-11-2010, 05:29 PM
has any team in mls history ever missed the play-offs in four succesive seasons?

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 05:29 PM
There were 2 teams out there today.

Frei, Gargan, Attakora, Cann, De Rosario, De Guzman , Mista

Garcia, Hscanovics/LaBrocca, Saric, Maicon Santos.

They hardly passed to one another. You can tell De Rosario pulls back passes to certain players and chooses to give it to De Guzman instead.

I mean, I don't know why we can't just play soccer. There are 15 teams in this league who play a system and look like they're playing soccer. LA Galaxy vs New York could have been a midtear Premier League game, but for some reason Toronto FC just looks horrible. HORRIBLE. It's not the sport. Toronto FC have created their own sport, and the other teams just play their game instead. In four seasons I've never seen Toronto FC play 90 minutes of real soccer, except maybe against Cruz Azul.

[NBF]
09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
this doesn't make sense from top to bottom hope you know that

It means it looked like there were eleven "kuntz" running around with sand in between their legs. There was a negative vibe:drinking:

boozilla
09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Nice to see the streamers back. TFC doesn't deserve their fans.

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2010, 05:31 PM
In four seasons I've never seen Toronto FC play 90 minutes of real soccer, except maybe against Cruz Azul.

Again, take a deep breath. This is a completely ridiculous exaggeration.

- Scott

WHITEY
09-11-2010, 05:35 PM
LOL fuck man Julius James was pretty much ran out of town to get DeRo fuck man I find it very funny that JJ is in fact the one to put one of the final nails in TFC's coffin for this year! This is just too much fuck man Julius fucking James scoring at BMO after being run out of town!

deacon
09-11-2010, 05:37 PM
make no mistake this is Preki's team, and he is getting what he deserves. he brings in Saric,Petersen,Nane and sells Cronin for $, so he can get Mista for 1/2 year, No chance Mista returns, and we have No youth to build on going forward, JDG is not even in top 1/3 of DM in league, no matter what anyone says.Santos was let go by Chivas. So this is Preki's team and both he and Mo need to go.

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Again, take a deep breath. This is a completely ridiculous exaggeration.

- Scott

Is it? Was there a game where we didn't hoof it to no one? Where we didn't go forward two steps, stop, look around and see no one running to an open position, and turn back and pass to the keeper? Seriously, Stefan Frei kicks the ball waaaaay to much per match. You don't see any other team continue an offensive move, or maintain possession, by stopping, passing to the keeper, and then trying to win the long ball over.

Also, De Guzman was completely out of it today. He's too short for a CDM anyways.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
jdg is a fine player for most leagues

he'd fail in the epl and bundesliga, and he's failing here, he is just too small to deal with the physicality

SilverSamurai
09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Is it? Was there a game where we didn't hoof it to no one? Where we didn't go forward two steps, stop, look around and see no one running to an open position, and turn back and pass to the keeper? Seriously, Stefan Frei kicks the ball waaaaay to much per match. You don't see any other team continue an offensive move, or maintain possession, by stopping, passing to the keeper, and then trying to win the long ball over.

Also, De Guzman was completely out of it today. He's too short for a CDM anyways.
I'll give you #1, but too short?
He did it in Spain, but ya... it's not as physical of a league...

TFC USA
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Will we reach 30 goals scored this season? I don't think so.

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 05:49 PM
It's just sad that, after four seasons, there has not been any noticeable improvement. Want to know why that is? We keep changing the team up.

I think that if we kept the main core of last years group, we could have been a lot better this year. I'd rather have Cronin then Nane and Peterson. I mean, we never gave anyone a real chance here anyways. Chad Barrett is testament to what a real chance can do for you.

There's this fear that if we keep these players we'll suck so bad, but guess what, replacing the lot makes you good temporarily, then puts you back in the same position. De Rosario was the early half, not TFC. And now it shows.

Look at it this way. Rated 5 means no playoffs.

We started at 0. In year 1, we were a 5. There's 2 paths.
1) Keep the 5 rated team for next season, build on it, and it'll become a 6.
2) Scrap the team, and you'll become a 7 early then go back to 5.

We chose the second option.

Now, we're at year 2, at 7, but really, we're back at 5. There's the choice again:
1) Keep your 5, and it'll become an 8, but drop to 6. (GROWTH DUE TO TEAM CHEMISTRY)
2) Scrap your 5 again, and you'll become a 9 early but drop to 5 again.

We chose the second option.
Year 3, we're at 9, but really we became a 5 again, and, you guessed it:
1) If we kept the first team and built on it, we'd be a 7 this year.
2) Scrap the old team, become a 9 again and then go back to 5, again!

Oh you bet your ass we chose option 2.
Year 4. We're worse then last year! 9 becomes an 8 and it drops to 5 again anyways.
1) If you kept your original team, and just built on it, you'd have an 8 now, due to team chemistry and occasional player moves.
2) Reboot! You'll become an 8 this year, but turn into a 5 again anyways.

And what will Toronto end up choosing to do at the end of this season? Mhmmmm, option number 2. Scrap, build again, be good for a bit, fall down the shitter.

Do you really not get what went wrong here? We are running away from the main problem. YES, WE WILL BE SHIT. But being SHIT over TIME means you'll get less Shit to a point that you're good.

We can't reboot again. We have to let these players have a chance to improve over seasons, not just go for another overhaul and hope for the best.

Mo Johnston is responsible for picking option 2 over and over again. He needs to go. Someone needs to pick option number 1.

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM
tl;dr

By throwing out players you deny growth, so the revolving door needs to stop. The group needs to grow together to learn how to play soccer together. Otherwise, you have a group of individuals who may shine early but will burn out late, and we've seen this for 4 years now. Year 5, under Preki, with the same lineup and a couple of changes, will be a stronger one then Year 5 where we have a brand new lineup of people who've never played with each other before.

Bars92
09-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Almost enough to make me watch an Argos game.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Almost enough to make me watch an Argos game.

holy shit buddy don't say things you can't take back

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
tl;dr

By throwing out players you deny growth, so the revolving door needs to stop. The group needs to grow together to learn how to play soccer together. Otherwise, you have a group of individuals who may shine early but will burn out late, and we've seen this for 4 years now. Year 5, under Preki, with the same lineup and a couple of changes, will be a stronger one then Year 5 where we have a brand new lineup of people who've never played with each other before.

Are you not the guy who just one page ago demanded that we blow up absolutely everything?

- Scott

Beach_Red
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
tl;dr

People here have been pretty vocal from the very beginning about wanting to dump players - so many players have been run out of town. It looks like an insecure (and inexperienced) management trying to please fans.

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Are you not the guy who just one page ago demanded that we blow up absolutely everything?

- Scott

lol It was actually partially mocking what I figured was going to be said, and also partially sarcasm :D

There, I added an /sarcasm tag :D

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Is it?

Yes, it is.

"Was there a game where we didn't hoof it to no one?"...? Is this the standard for a solid 90 minutes of football? No errant passes?

This team hasn't been very good for four years now, but going completely over-the-top mental and saying we've never played a solid 90 minutes of football in our existence, isn't going to help things.

- Scott

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:03 PM
People here have been pretty vocal from the very beginning about wanting to dump players - so many players have been run out of town. It looks like an insecure (and inexperienced) management trying to please fans.

Thank you. You win a cookie :)

Shakes McQueen
lol It was actually partially mocking what I figured was going to be said, and also partially sarcasm :D

There, I added an /sarcasm tag :D

But ironically, what "you thought was going to be said" is roughly what you HAVE been saying the past few weeks, at the least.

- Scott

TFC USA
When is the last time we scored in stoppage time to equalize or win a game? Now what about the other team scoring late to win or equalize?

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Yes, it is.

"Was there a game where we didn't hoof it to no one?"...? Is this the standard for a solid 90 minutes of football? No errant passes?

This team hasn't been very good for four years now, but going completely over-the-top mental and saying we've never played a solid 90 minutes of football in our existence, isn't going to help things.

- Scott

Except the cruz azul game :D

Okay, maybe it is a bit over the top, but I don't feel like we've played a real game of soccer, something to look at and be like "World, we are Toronto FC, look at our style of play and our own unique, creative and working system! Look at how we score our goals and how we kick ass"

No, what we have is "World, we are Toronto FC, look how we sometimes score a good solo effort, maybe string 5 passes together, but most of the time hoof the ball up the field, we have our good days but those are always followed up by bad days and our good players became good when they leave."

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
But ironically, what "you thought was going to be said" is roughly what you HAVE been saying the past few weeks, at the least.

- Scott

Wrong. I've said THE EXACT OPPOSITE for the last couple weeks. Look at my posts. Everytime someone said we should try again, or dump Preki, or dump players, I've been there to tell them that it won't help the overall cause of Toronto FC.

Nerepis
09-11-2010, 06:07 PM
he mentioned dero and the 4 o'clock start time after the canada games. not the entire team.

The word I used was organization, not team. Preki puts together a totally defense-minded team and wonders why they can't score. Yet, this defense-minded team allows more shots on goal then any other team in the league. Boring, almost unwatchable football. Mo gets to keep his job, even after a failure to perform year after year. Last years last game versus the Red Bulls comes to mind. Players unable to show some balls against the worst team in the league in there own house. Then as usual excuse after excuse. Lack of heart.

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Except the cruz azul game :D

Okay, maybe it is a bit over the top, but I don't feel like we've played a real game of soccer, something to look at and be like "World, we are Toronto FC, look at our style of play and our own unique, creative and working system! Look at how we score our goals and how we kick ass"

No, what we have is "World, we are Toronto FC, look how we sometimes score a good solo effort, maybe string 5 passes together, but most of the time hoof the ball up the field, we have our good days but those are always followed up by bad days and our good players became good when they left."

Fair enough, but that's a drastic re-framing of your point from what you actually said.

This team hasn't defined it's own style yet, I agree. But I've seen us play many solid games of football over the years. We've just played a lot more bad ones.

- Scott

Bars92
09-11-2010, 06:09 PM
No one said it would be easy, starting a football team from scratch in MLS. Johnston should do the honourable thing, admit he's failed as a manager and step down. Then we can leave this four year period behind and take a new approach.

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Everytime someone said we should try again, or dump Preki, or dump players, I've been there to tell them that it won't help the overall cause of Toronto FC.

I think I misunderstood your last post. You were referring to the post about blowing the team up being "what everyone was going to say". I thought you were referring to the other one. My bad.

- Scott

ArmenJBX
Now what do we do? :D

In an ideal world, Toronto wins 5 games, enters playoffs, does okay in CCL but ultimately end up winning playoffs at home.

Mo is fired, Preki keeps his job and the team stays solid. They add a few wingers, sign Mista as a non-DP, and maybe add a new LB.

Preseason training goes well, players grow together and learn how to play soccer, and next year we actually play some nice soccer, consistently!

ag futbol
cann and attakora are just fine, can't win a game if we don't score

Cann and Attakora are fine except, neither of them can pass.

That's why someone like Jakovic for DCU is important to pair with your other physical defender.

Because otherwise the attackers just press up high and force guys who aren't competent on the ball to make bad decisions. Happens to us all the time. When your defenders are hoofing it all the time and can't help (for the lack of a better word) cycle the ball around, it hurts the team. One of them needs to be dropped to the bench and we need a real continental defender who can pass.

Anyway, bottom line: who played like the last place team today? It certainly wasn't DC.

4 years in this team shows a blatant disregard for basic technically sound concepts of the game.

supersaint
09-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I know a lot of us are calling for Prekis head, but I cannot believe that there are several knowledgable fans who are not, at least before this game.
I have said from very early on that he is void of strategic ideas, void of any talent in developing young players, and he cannot coach creative players either. Also he never changes strategies to take advantage of weaknesess in our opponents.
Anyway, here are some suggestions for Preki to help us start winning.
First off.....hire a witchdoctor to take the curse off us that he said we had
Secondly.....get a batch of new balls, cos two games ago it was because the ball is not bouncing our way
Thirdly....lets have Dicchio and Brennan become linesmen for the next game cos we dont get any referreeing breaks.
Oh and also.....lets all get to BMO on time, and be sure and stay till the end, otherwise the players wont be motivated!!!
I too cannot stand listening to him in interviews. I had a real bad feeling very early on in the season when he dismantled the team. I just knew good things were not gonna happen.
I just did not think that we would become as absolutely boring as we have.
I finally decided today that my four season tix will not be renewed for next season. I am dark greys. I will still come down to two or three games a season, and still watch every game on tv. But I cannot fork out this money to watch a team coached by this man.
I said before that the casuals are losing interest, and I really believe that. And I still blame Preki and his style of play.
Somebody here was going on about how many less goals we had let in this season, but Christ we have scored about eighteen less than last season!!!!
Cummins looks like Sir Alex compared to this moron.
So for me....yeah Mo should go...but PREKI HAS TO GO, at the end of the season.
Or else there will be about eight to ten thousand attending games, esp early season matches.:scarf:

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Let the casuals lose interest, because it makes FO motivated to win and get them back.

Anyways, we should have kept Serioux, Cronin, and maybe Guevara.

Our lineup would be way stronger

---Gargan-----Nana----------Cann----------Serioux--
-----------------Cronin------JDG---------------------
--Guevara--------------------------------De Rosario--
-----------------Mista-------Barrett/Maicon----------

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Cann and Attakora are fine except, neither of them can pass.

That's why someone like Jakovic for DCU is important to pair with your other physical defender.

Because otherwise the attackers just press up high and force guys who aren't competent on the ball to make bad decisions. Happens to us all the time. When your defenders are hoofing it all the time and can't help (for the lack of a better word) cycle the ball around, it hurts the team. One of them needs to be dropped to the bench and we need a real continental defender who can pass.

Anyway, bottom line: who played like the last place team today? It certainly wasn't DC.

4 years in this team shows a blatant disregard for basic technically sound concepts of the game.

It's not our passing at the back that really concerns me It's the creative passing up front that is non-existent. You saw it again today - guys would get within 30 yards of the net, and instead of looking for a pass, would just take a shitty long-range shot.

I think our movement in the other two thirds of the pitch, while not spectacular, is not a complete shambles. The attacking third is just dreadful, though.

- Scott

Bars92
09-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Let the casuals lose interest, because it makes FO motivated to win and get them back.

Anyways, we should have kept Serioux, Cronin, and maybe Guevara.

Our lineup would be way stronger

---Gargan-----Nana----------Cann----------Serioux--
-----------------Cronin------JDG---------------------
--Guevara--------------------------------De Rosario--
-----------------Mista-------Barrett/Maicon----------

Yeah and Liverpool should have kept Xavi Alonso.:picard:

redcard
09-11-2010, 06:17 PM
its seems like once mo is gone, preki will be soon to follow...a new manager would want to bring in his coach for his style...here we build again!

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah and Liverpool should have kept Xavi Alonso.:picard:

You'd rather have Garcia, Nane and LaBrocca?

Darlofletch
09-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Haven't read all this yet, but that was the worst performance I've seen for TFC. right up there with the 5-0 at new york last year, only difference is new york had strikers who can score, dc didn't.

fuck you mo, fuck you preki, the whole fucking lot of you, go fuck yourselves. absolute fucking shambles.

pawlukj
09-11-2010, 06:23 PM
god i hate being a toronto sports fan

deacon
09-11-2010, 06:24 PM
we gave cronin away for basicaly free,so we could keep the likes of nane,saric,petersen,usanov,and the latvian left back.that was all preki.cronin will be major factor in SJE making playoffs iin their 3rd year,watch!

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:25 PM
cronin will be major factor in SJE making playoffs iin their 3rd year,watch!

Probably by scoring against us.

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Today I broke my virginity. I got to boo this pathetic team off the field and it felt really good.

I hope we keep Mo. And I hope we extend Preki's contract. JDG should be the highest paid DP in th league. He's totally getting ripped off. Rafa who? Hscanovic should be starting. And I'm sick of us seeing this formation with one striker up top. I believe we should stop playing with strikers at all and maybe put a second goalie in net.

If Conway was in net beside Frei maybe JJ doesn't score and we get another 0-0 tie. Preki and mine's favorite.

Bombonera
09-11-2010, 06:33 PM
THere must be a lot of video footage of Preki doing things that are unusual and/or unnatural. WHy that Morthfucker continues to changes the formation game after game, but always plays Garcia dn Saric is totally overwhelming.

I love this game. But even my 10 year old just doesn't enjoy this any more. He asks me, "why do you want to go when they stink?" i could use a good answer at this point.

SoccMan
09-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Four years in and we still suck, nothing has changed, Mo should be charged with murder for killing pro soccer in Toronto!

Darlofletch
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
U-sector's frei tifo was awesome, especially when they made it point and dance during weeeee love you.

That's the only positive thing I can say right now.

brad
09-11-2010, 06:55 PM
DCU fans were classless - took the piss out of our anthem.

Security were incompetent, DCU had their Bara Brava banner at the top of 105 (BMO told them to put it there). Near the end of the game, a TFC fan started to take it down, instead of security doing their job, they let a DCU fan into a TFC section to sort it out himself. They let him hang out in our section for the rest of the match taunting us.

greatwhitenorf
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
If that wasn't the worst performance ever by a TFC side, it was certainly the most disheartening.

DCU couldn't hit the proverbial cow's ass with banjo today despite being offered chance after chance after chance by Toronto. Yet they were rarely in danger of losing and still found a way to win. They were comically inept and we still lost to them.

Nothing else matters now. This performance puts a huge, steaming, immovable turd in front of everything else that's happened this year. I won't be able to see past that no matter what they do. The season's spoiled. Again.

Someone explain Mista to me. Is it a five-letter Spanish slang word for pathetic?

Gets the ball with time and space around the penalty area - runs it into trouble and cleared. Several times.

Gets the ball with time and space and tries a cross-field pass to a wide open teammate - miles off target and out for their throw in.

He's as dangerous as a duvet. Got Laurent Robert written all over him.

Mind you, he had a lot of help today. Nick Labrocca, Martin Saric, The Latvian Eyechart Guy, and JDG were miles below the required standard. Charitably, I'll attribute some of to fatigue. But there were some slow minds out there as well. Yes you, Dan Gargan, not really reading or reacting well to several situations.

I heard OB White's name announced. Maybe he was inspecting the subsoil heating system. Because he sure went unnoticed.

greatwhitenorf
09-11-2010, 07:00 PM
And Garcia is never popular. But God loves a trier and he certainly looked like he was trying to give whatever he had to give. It may not be everything we need, but at least he looked like he was leaving it all out there. Can't hammer him for that.

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Lately Garcia has been less of a bother, but I guess that's because the whole team has gone down a whole level.

peter_tfc
09-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Garbage is what I told my step dad - garbage. This is from someone that said they were 'unlucky' to lose 4-1 to New York (2-1 would've have been less humiliating).

rocker
09-11-2010, 07:28 PM
first touches were so bad today.. there was a few where the whole crowd booed. I haven't seen a whole crowd boo a bad first touch on a harmless play before.

Redcoe15
09-11-2010, 07:30 PM
At this rate, Vancouver will be the first MLS team from Canada to make the playoffs.

billyfly
09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Do you hear that sound? Its Vancouver and Montreal laughing at us.

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
first touches were so bad today.. there was a few where the whole crowd booed. I haven't seen a whole crowd boo a bad first touch on a harmless play before.

That would be hscanovics inability to keep the ball in play and jdg's pathetic attempt for a break out pass.

billyfly
09-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Argos and Blue Jays killed today as well.

I LOVE YOU TORONTO.

billyfly
09-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I see you BC!

JonO
09-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Alteration is under review.

TFC played like all of those collective animals feces.
Can group Duiker, Kudu and Springbok all under antelope. I think I'd prefer watching animal feces

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Wrong. I've said THE EXACT OPPOSITE for the last couple weeks. Look at my posts. Everytime someone said we should try again, or dump Preki, or dump players, I've been there to tell them that it won't help the overall cause of Toronto FC.

That's usually true... stability breeds success. However, you can follow this mindlessly. Preki's plumbers (70% of the team) are so bad, that keeping them for 10 years won't help. They are D2 players at best, more like D4 (CSL) overall. Do you honestly think that improved chemistry beween Hscanovics, Peterson, and Usanov will save this team?

TFC_Central
09-11-2010, 07:40 PM
i sat in 127 for the first time today, god not to be cutthroat but hell whoever is on that loudspeaker is fking annoying. Why the heck does he start chants in the middle of a chant from the south end!?? this isint a pissing contest. It sucks though since i only came to the south end in the 60th min to watch them score, and some more garbage footy up close.

This is what needs to happen before next year.

-mo must go

-a full squad a month before the season opener.

- a promise of a second deck on the south end with a roof.
(with cheap seat)
- a united end (or two)of supporters, no more 3 chants going at the same time.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: ( give the north end to the NEE + supporters.)

-Expand the accessable seating area behind the south end goal into a terrace encompassing say 10 rows. Designate 116, 115, 114 for rpb usector.

Without united support, a manager with a vision & affordable seats this team will fail. To be honest, Hopefully it does. I'd rather have a rich buisnessman who loves footy as an owner then a rich cooperation who are just looking to use the fans and pad their bottom line.

tfc2008
09-11-2010, 07:41 PM
[quote=JimmyBaldX;1126419]The worst fucking game I've ever seen us play. EDIT: Ever seen in my life

vieuw more to come:drum:

TFC_Central
09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
the mo must go chant was good, should have sung it louder though. Also i loved the chant coming out of 115, about loosing today & yesterday how does that one go? I could barely hear it.....

JonO
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
That would be hscanovics inability to keep the ball in play and jdg's pathetic attempt for a break out pass.
I think it's a bit unfair to JDG. For the first 3/4 of the game I thought he was playing very well - then he gave up a couple of stinkers, but overall he wasn't the problem today...

WHITEY
09-11-2010, 08:03 PM
At this rate, Vancouver will be the first MLS team from Canada to make the playoffs.

I have no doubt in my mind that Vancouver will make the playoffs before us!

TFC Cityboy
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
the mo must go chant was good, should have sung it louder though. Also i loved the chant coming out of 115, about loosing today & yesterday how does that one go? I could barely hear it.....

glad you enjoyed it
http://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/manchester_city-chants/we-never-win/

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Did anyone else think, maybe, just maybe, they're doing this on purpose...?

Maicon Santos and JDG looked like they didn't even want to play today while De Rosario and Gargan kept trying. I dunno, looks like a split in the locker room to me..

swan
09-11-2010, 08:05 PM
it is what it is

WHITEY
09-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Well it seems that some people have finally taken off the rose colored glasses and finally have come to realize that TFC in fact does not shit roses and are actually shit!

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I think it's a bit unfair to JDG. For the first 3/4 of the game I thought he was playing very well - then he gave up a couple of stinkers, but overall he wasn't the problem today...

Fair enough, I disagree. And it seems alot of fans did as well. There was alot of anti JDG shit being yelled out of the stands, from people I've never heard say a word before. I think the booing of JDG was well deserved.

Benficachop20
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
this season was lost weeks ago, and for those saying just to concentrate on the champions league, forget that too. We wont go through with this squad. Since we are able to play academy players in the champions league we should just play the academy team in the cl, they would probably put on a better performance and get some results.

Petor
09-11-2010, 08:34 PM

I was in the north east corner right behind the flag, sounded like the whole north stands boo'd them after the final whistle.
It brought a tear to my eye just like the applause after the American anthem after the moment of silence for 911.
Highs and lows of the day for me I guess.
Also wtf is with all the people doing bathroom-food relays?
I have been in these seats before with one or two per half but today it seemed like every 10 minutes someone was either coming or going. :facepalm:
TFC played like robots, same old same old. Proof is near the end when their keeper caught Gargan's long throw in. We need more creativity and flow, less over thinking.

Pookie
09-11-2010, 08:35 PM
i'm getting a tad tired of preki saying "i don't like to make excuses.." and then making a fuck ton of excuses.

I'm not sure why but that phrase.. a fuck ton... made me laugh.

I intend to use it for a fuck ton of things that are pissing me off.... with your permission of course.

Bloor West FC
09-11-2010, 08:36 PM
This is what I did today, I went fishing at 3am in Haliburton not giving a shit about the TFC game. This is the first time ever I missed a game for fishing and I will do it again and again unless they start playing some decent soccer. We suck balls!

I don't think I will attend another game this season. I am ashamed to be a fan of such players and coaches who don't give a flying fuck but have all the passion to say they still have hope. Bullshit!

Stay home go fishing but ignore this team for the rest of the year! Fuck you MO

Pookie
09-11-2010, 08:39 PM

The issue for me with JDG is one of two things. Either he is not an impact player or he isn't be used in that capacity.

Either way, you only get limited DP slots. To use a slot on a player that was effectively playing the role of Sweeper in the late stages of a game in which we needed 2 goals to keep our playoff hopes faintly alive seems quite asinine

SirBobSaget
09-11-2010, 08:42 PM
it is what it is

Preki?

What a weaselly post-game conference. A solid 6 mins of "it is what it is"s and excuses. DC Utd played 4 games in the last 2 weeks same as TFC so that tired legs excuse was really lame.

TFCtoMUFC
09-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Booing your own players, and a team that you apparently love is absolutely unacceptable.

TFC_Central
09-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Booing your own players, and a team that you apparently love is absolutely unacceptable.

booing a team of players that played like garbage? still we went to cheer on frei after !

Bloor West FC
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM

That is pure bullshit, they are professional athletes we can change them, I love my team and thats TFC if they don't want to win they dont deserve to be apart of this team! Booing is there report card!

TFCtoMUFC
09-11-2010, 08:59 PM
That is pure bullshit, they are professional athletes we can change them, I love my team and thats TFC if they don't want to win they dont deserve to be apart of this team! Booing is there report card!

Don't blame Hscanovics because he sucks. Blame Mo for bringing in a bad player.

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 08:59 PM

I'm far from loving this team. I hate the owners. Detest the GM and coach. Can't stand most of the players that have put on a red jersey this year. Unfortunately it's all I have to support. I'm not one to support a team from another city, I just can't.

So having said that, you should give it a try. I hadn't before today's game but man did it ever feel good. I'd probably be alot angrier right now if I didn't.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Preki?

What a weaselly post-game conference. A solid 6 mins of "it is what it is"s and excuses. DC Utd played 4 games in the last 2 weeks same as TFC so that tired legs excuse was really lame.

I agree, especially when he prefaced it all by "I don't like to make excuses".

When need someone in here that's going to go younger, more local talent (you're telling there's no one in the CSL as good as Nane and Hiscanovic?), and start running this like a football club.

Benficachop20
09-11-2010, 09:02 PM

Yes we are the first bunch to boo the team. No big clubs around the world ever do that... Exactly wat were u looking for? did u want us to cheer for losing and missing out the playoffs again? There is nothing wrong with booing ur team when it is fully deserved, u don't like it? too bad. u can go ahead and sit on ur ass and accept the shit we are being fed from Mo.

TFCtoMUFC
09-11-2010, 09:04 PM
I was in row 2 of 113 (where I usually am) and 3 people (possibly more) from 112 came over to try and start something. Two guys who were in their 20's and one older guy in a RPB hoodie that was yelling about FluSH's hat. No respect for those three people. This is our team and I will cheer for them until I either die or they move the team. I think the first will happen before the second so I guess until the day I die I will support TFC. You can't blame a guy for sucking if he tries his hardest, you then turn your hatred towards the guy who brought in these sucky players.

ManUtd4ever
09-11-2010, 09:06 PM
What's left to say that hasn't been said. Absolutely pathetic display today in a must win situation in front of a home crowd in what was the worst game I've ever witnessed live at BMO Field. I just can't fathom how virtually the same group of players looked so good a few weeks ago against the likes of Cruz Azul. It seems as if the players have lost interest. Perhaps Preki really has lost the dressing room...

AL-MO
09-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I was in row 2 of 113 (where I usually am) and 3 people (possibly more) from 112 came over to try and start something. Two guys who were in their 20's and one older guy in a RPB hoodie that was yelling about FluSH's hat. No respect for those three people. This is our team and I will cheer for them until I either die or they move the team. I think the first will happen before the second so I guess until the day I die I will support TFC. You can't blame a guy for sucking if he tries his hardest, you then turn your hatred towards the guy who brought in these sucky players.

If you were in row 2 of 113 you should know better how it all started.

AL-MO
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
That game was a steaming piece of crap and I would like to erase that 2 hours from my memory.

phonzo
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM

been wondering when this would get posted.... :lurk5:

phonzo
09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
i sat in 127 for the first time today, god not to be cutthroat but hell whoever is on that loudspeaker is fking annoying. Why the heck does he start chants in the middle of a chant from the south end!?? this isint a pissing contest. .

not to be a cutthroat either but why would you expect him to care? This is like saying we in the south should wait and do whatever NEE is doing. The sections are horrendously far apart and it won't carry.

They do what they do and do it well - should just go along with them and ignore the south if you are in the North :)

London
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM

your statement answer your own comments.

Mo is a fucking bad GM, we dont blame the players, they try.

we blame the garbage people in charge of bringing in less than quality players and a half assed system.

Blindly support you team all you want but be ready for alot of anti -mo in the next while as alot will not stand idly by and watch him create a real low standard for this club

phonzo
09-11-2010, 09:31 PM
exactly you blame the guy that brought them in but you also don't go for each other's throats..such misdirected energy it was/is hilarious.

nor do you completely bash one another for taking a different view then yourself.

TFCtoMUFC
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
If you were in row 2 of 113 you should know better how it all started.

Yes, it started because of stupid chants and booing coming from 112. Then people from 112 felt the need to come to 113 and try and start something with people in 113 that were trying to stop the booing and stupid chants from 112.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 09:37 PM
whatever

i think we can all agree that this has been the worst 9/11 in at least a decade

TFCDP
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
What a f'n joke this team is... I can honestly say that I have never missed a game in 4 years.. Live or PVR'd...I feel like quitting on the team right now.. Don't think i've ever said that.. It was to the point today that i was hoping dc would score so we can end this playoff dream.. It's not going to happen... And by some miracle if it does we'll be out first round.. Would definitely rather be fishing than watching this team.

AL-MO
09-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes, it started because of stupid chants and booing coming from 112. Then people from 112 felt the need to come to 113 and try and start something with people in 113 that were trying to stop the booing and stupid chants from 112.

Your missing a key piece to the story but whatever, I'm not going to bother arguing with a teenager on here.

phonzo

a chant demonstrating our disgust for mo was stupid?...don't know how we're not going to take it impacts the players...actually even the toronto star article on the game captured the chant and explained it's direction. If the star can figure it out...just sayin

(no comment on the boo'ing didn't see a reason to do that but I can understand people's views)

anywho I look forward to the boards in the morning should be good..

TFCtoMUFC
Your missing a key piece to the story but whatever, I'm not going to bother arguing with a teenager on here.

Please add your "key piece" I am interested in what it is.

TFC Cityboy
09-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Not ashamed to say I booed a few of the many aimless passes late on in the match.
I pay my money and am entitled to express my approval/disapproval of what happens on the pitch. The boos were aimed at the team/club rather than the individual player(s) and tbh the fact there were only 5000 in the ground at the end was lucky for the club as 20000 booing is what they deserved to hear.

Best thing about today was that the more casual supporters may have finally seen the shitshow that has been Johnston/Preki's Toronto FC for some time.

Personally, I feel that losing today is the BEST thing that could have happened. We will miss the playoffs by a mile and Johnston's position becomes untenable.

tfcleeds
09-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Just got home...although I wasn't at the match today...WE SUCK!!!!!!

I would personally pay to send Mo and Preki one way tickets to Siberia.

denime
09-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Like it wasn't enough that game was shit,I was asked if I can sit down so that tourist with his girlfriend can see the game. FFS I'm iin sec 115 1st row and they want me to sit down.:facepalm:
To get even worst than I realized that first 5-6 rows everybody was sitting,couldn't recognize two faces,no one chanting and everybody staring at me,I swear to you guys at that moment I FELT LIKE A PIG IN TEHRAN.

Disaster on the field ,nightmare in the stands behind me,it's time to get drunk if you are not already.:drinking:

TFCtoMUFC
09-11-2010, 09:44 PM
I'd also like to give a huge thanks to King Dave for lightening the mood. He was on today. Walking to the stadium a car rolls up and the guys give him the finger (not sure if they were joking or actually thought he was the ref), but King Dave ends up running in front of the car and giving them a yellow card and writing their license plate number down. At the end of the game when RPB was preforming despicable acts King Dave was visible in 110/111, he gave RPB a red card and started writing down names. Gotta love the King.

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Perhaps Preki really has lost the dressing room...

You kind of wonder what he said to upset the players so badly. In the second half, they didn't even try.

IMO Preki will be toast after this season. No way a new GM will want to keep him.

Kevvv
09-11-2010, 09:52 PM
At the end of the game when RPB was preforming despicable acts King Dave was visible in 110/111, he gave RPB a red card and started writing down names. Gotta love the King.

Performing despicable acts? Like butt-sex?

London
^^^ go fuck yourself buddy.

despicable acts, fuck off!!!

Heart of Stone
I FELT LIKE A PIG IN TEHRAN.

I believe "police officer" is the preferred nomenclature.

TFC Cityboy
I'd also like to give a huge thanks to King Dave for lightening the mood. He was on today. Walking to the stadium a car rolls up and the guys give him the finger (not sure if they were joking or actually thought he was the ref), but King Dave ends up running in front of the car and giving them a yellow card and writing their license plate number down. At the end of the game when RPB was preforming despicable acts King Dave was visible in 110/111, he gave RPB a red card and started writing down names. Gotta love the King.

huh? Calling for Mo's head is suddenly dispicable?

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Like it wasn't enough that game was shit,I was asked if I can sit down so that tourist with his girlfriend can see the game. FFS I'm iin sec 115 1st row and they want me to sit down.:facepalm:
To get even worst than I realized that first 5-6 rows everybody was sitting,couldn't recognize two faces,no one chanting and everybody staring at me,I swear to you guys at that moment I FELT LIKE A PIG IN TEHRAN.

I suspect that a lot of SSHs have bailed on the team, at least for this season, maybe forever for some, and sold their remaining tickets to the tourist types.

TFCtoMUFC
09-11-2010, 09:55 PM
^^^ go fuck yourself buddy.

despicable acts, fuck off!!!

Performing despicable acts? Like butt-sex?

LOL at these posts.:scarf:

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Really though, if you are going to claim despicable acts you might as well tell us what you consider a despicable act.

TFC Cityboy
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Disaster on the field ,nightmare in the stands behind me,it's time to get drunk if you are not already.:drinking:

FFS....I feel your pain...we had all of 5 of us yelling MO MUST GO at the back of 115 near the end...bunch of fuckin tourists turn and laugh at the comical football supporter who gives a shit about the club while everyone else presumably loves the football on display under Johnston/Preki cos they stayed silent.

I shouldn't care as much but I do. Maybe I should just not care anymore and let more tourists in so they can show up at halftime and spend the whole game shuttling back and forth to the concessions.

tfcleeds
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Dear Mo: Kindly, go fuck yourself. If I had a wish, it would be to teleport you to Tehran with a burning Koran in your hand.

Rudi

Please stop posting about this. Thanks.

London
i cant wait for the SJ match as it will be all about NO-MO

Walnut
09-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I found myself staring at the sea gulls dive bombing the hawk on top of the west stand for long portions of this game -- the game was that dull.

The wheels have been wobbling all summer, and officially fell off at the end of the 4-1 defeat against NY.

Anyone who thought that the play-offs were a realistic hope before the DC game was delusional -- and if they still consider that an realistic option after the DC game, then they are just plain crazy!

Phil
09-11-2010, 09:59 PM

I posted at usector that we are looking into this.

I talk regularly with Rudi, a good stand up guy and I have a high amount of respect for Usector overall.

Lets not bring the drama here. If you have a problem with the group posting on here about it will be a predictable result.

A few individuls had some issues, lets leave the group lables out of it.

Juanito
09-11-2010, 10:03 PM
The players, Preki, and the FO should be ashamed of themselves. Simply ashamed. We NEEDED these three points to give us a realistic chance at the playoffs. They let the supporters down. They shouldn't be surprised that supporters start booing them.

Show some heart. Show some desire. Stop with the excuses. We expect you to win. The expectation was to make the playoffs. You have not and probably will not meet this expectation. You owe people an apology. Mo, Preki, and the FO should be apologizing to each and every supporter that they have FAILED MISERABLY.

End of rant.

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey before today, DC United was on a 400+ minute scoreless streak. Thanks to us we didn't let them break our own record. Although we are now going on 490 scoreless minutes. Maybe we'll break our own record this year. There is something to look forward to afterall

Juanito
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
^^

At least we're good at something. Sigh.

ACSertL
09-11-2010, 10:23 PM
FFS....I feel your pain...we had all of 5 of us yelling MO MUST GO at the back of 115 near the end...bunch of fuckin tourists turn and laugh at the comical football supporter who gives a shit about the club while everyone else presumably loves the football on display under Johnston/Preki cos they stayed silent.

I shouldn't care as much but I do. Maybe I should just not care anymore and let more tourists in so they can show up at halftime and spend the whole game shuttling back and forth to the concessions.

For what it is worth, my folks were in my seats in 114 today (the one's beside Leo) and they thought the stuff you guys were coming up with was great...well you got praise from my mum...my dad is a stoic German cynic (that's not redundant at all) :lol:

Walnut
09-11-2010, 10:25 PM
We NEEDED these three points to give us a realistic chance at the playoffs.

Before the DC game there wasn't a realistic chance of making the play-offs. There was a very unrealistic chance of making the playoffs.

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
We need to win 5 games to give us a good chance. I explain it all at

www.tfcteens.blogspot.com

Walnut
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
We need to win 5 games to give us a good chance.

There is a greater chance of being murdered by a lottery winner who has been struck by lighting twice, than TFC winning 5 games out of 6.

Darlofletch
09-11-2010, 10:39 PM
whatever

i think we can all agree that this has been the worst 9/11 in at least a decade

lol, literally. well done sir. a much needed laugh for me.

Phil
09-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, after seeing that and I know I need to re watch and analyze but did the team give up on the manager tonight?

I saw it last year, and tonight I think I saw it again.

Kevvv
09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Or they've given up on each other.

habstfc
09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
This whole team looks tired, physically and mentally.

Blizzard
09-11-2010, 11:21 PM
This whole team looks tired, physically and mentally.

Preki's lost them. He's a lame duck of a coach now and will be until they move him out.

andyc
09-11-2010, 11:27 PM
MLSE should fire Preki today and push Mo onto the bench. If the team plays the same then it's easy. Mo is embarrassed and has to leave. Does anyone believe that he can turn the team around???

This is a really sad time...

shaggingscot
09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
There's really no analysis needed, we're shite end of!

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I see no harm in firing Mo right now, but I think the team needs to stick with Preki until the end of the season. Even if the playoffs are looking unlikely, there's still the CCL and trying to maintain the appearance of being competitive in the league.

Yeah the team looked pretty shite, the way TFC matched up with the worst team in the league would indicate that.

Keystone FC
09-11-2010, 11:52 PM
There is a greater chance of being murdered by a lottery winner who has been struck by lighting twice, than TFC winning 5 games out of 6.
The real nut cruncher today was that Philly BEAT the Fire to keep them at bay and SJ could only grab a point from Dallas. So, IF we would have won today we would be 4 points from a playoff spot and the Fire would be another 3 points back of us with their 2 games in hand yet to play.
The playoffs seem like something for American clubs but there still is a slight chance but now we need the help of a few more clubs than before and for TFC to...well...win.:facepalm:

Roogsy
09-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Hey before today, DC United was on a 400+ minute scoreless streak. Thanks to us we didn't let them break our own record. Although we are now going on 490 scoreless minutes. Maybe we'll break our own record this year. There is something to look forward to afterall

Sweet! We're good at something!

Other than that, I don't know what to say. I suppose you can look at my signature because I don't know how to put it any other way.

For the first time ever, Roogsy is speechless.

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 12:12 AM
I see no harm in firing Mo right now, but I think the team needs to stick with Preki until the end of the season. Even if the playoffs are looking unlikely, there's still the CCL and trying to maintain the appearance of being competitive in the league.

Based on what we saw in Panama, the CCL is something that Preki doesn't give a damn about so I have no confidence that he is going to put our best foot forward in the remainder of the tournament.

Perhaps with this loss, he will realize that all we really have left is the CCL and he will put forth a 100% first team effort against RSL and Cruz Azul on the road.

If play-offs are still his first priority, I expect to see him play the reserves and the academy in the CCL. It would be ridiculous but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Darlofletch
09-12-2010, 12:13 AM
The long version (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/09/boooooooooooo.html)

the short version - boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Darlofletch
09-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Based on what we saw in Panama, the CCL is something that Preki doesn't give a damn about so I have no confidence that he is going to put our best foot forward in the remainder of the tournament.

Perhaps with this loss, he will realize that all we really have left is the CCL and he will put forth a 100% first team effort against RSL and Cruz Azul on the road.

If play-offs are still his first priority, I expect to see him play the reserves and the academy in the CCL. It would be ridiculous but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Mo's pre-game interview makes it perfectly clear that tfc already feels it's mission accomplished as far as the ccl goes.

We may as well play the reserves and kids against rsl and cruz azul, I really can't see us getting a result in either of those away games, even if we did have our best team out there.

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 01:34 AM
So much for that whole 'fortress'

Roogsy
09-12-2010, 01:36 AM
OMG Preki's post-game interview is laughable...a complete farce.

That guy is full of excuses. It happens when you have someone who doesn't know what he is doing.

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 01:49 AM

That guy is full of excuses. It happens when you have someone who doesn't know what he is doing.

Was the excuse fan-related, schedule-related or exhaustion-related?

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 01:52 AM

Let's cut him loose and drop Dasovic in there for the balance of the season and see if we can't salvage something.

Where is Dasovic anyway? I didn't see him at BMO today.

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 01:54 AM
LOL he compared the TFC injuries to if Henry / Angel / Marquez getting injured all at once... are our injured players really that good?

king dave
09-12-2010, 05:19 AM
MO JOHNSTON IS A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG!
THEY RAN HIM OUT OF SCOTLAND, THEY RAN HIM OUT OF NEW YORK!
WALKING IN A DOUCHEBAGWONDERLAND!!
KD.

Pookie
09-12-2010, 06:57 AM
If the players have quit on Preki, then we still have a character issue to deal with even if Preki goes.

Let's not forget that this is a developmental league in which the majority of players should have an aspiration to move on to bigger things. You don't do that by quitting.

The fact that many receive relatively small salaries... that aren't necessarily guaranteed... should be a motivator if pride and competitive spirit aren't.

If we have a group that is only playing to get the Coach fired... we clearly have the wrong group.

anto7
09-12-2010, 08:13 AM
I saw some body language in the 2nd half that appeared to indicate some problems between certain players. Hopefully it can be put down to the fact that they were just frustrated with each other because they were playing so shitty but to me that is when they should be sticking together and firing each other up. One occasion when Gargan hit a through ball intended for Dero and Dero didn't make the run was an example. Gargan looked at Dero to ask why he didn't make the run and Dero completely ignored him and turned his back in disgust. Perhaps it was nothing but I did not get a good feeling about it. Yesterday was the first time I questioned myself as to why I bother driving all the way from Belleville each week to be continually let down by this team.

koryo
09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Yesterday was capitulation, nothing else. I don't why, but that team has given up.

swan
09-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Preki?

lol.... yup

Walnut
09-12-2010, 08:29 AM

He put out a 100% first team yesterday against DC and they looked awful. A team of that caliber will not progress far, realistically.

London
09-12-2010, 08:38 AM
no way anyones sports teams did worse than mine yesterday.

TFC loss to the worst team in the league essentialy eliminating them from playoffs

Notre Dame losing to michigan in the last minute

Ac milan lost to Cesena, who have not won a match or scored a goal in serie A in 20 years

What a day

Glenchen29
09-12-2010, 09:34 AM
We started the year without a striker and we will finish the same, really the team was not assembled before game 1. After Mo and Preki decided who they wanted in the line up we were 1/3 through the year!

Next years team needs to be assembled now, get a new manager now and work on some real DP's. We need three solid strikers that can perform every game!

I would trade Mo and Preki for Sigi Schmid and get Van the man from HamburgSV as he has family in Toronto!

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Let's cut him loose and drop Dasovic in there for the balance of the season and see if we can't salvage something.

Where is Dasovic anyway? I didn't see him at BMO today.

Damien posted this in the news thread this morning. Looks like Dasovic's been demoted. Preki the terminator should be his name. Looks like Dasovic is another casualty of Preki's pathetic attempt for a system that can't get results. I can't believe there are still people that believe Preki has nothing to do with shaping this team. :facepalm:

Toronto FC finds new levels of low (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/09/12/15322731.html)

nfitz
09-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Toronto FC finds new levels of low (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/09/12/15322731.html)

Well it is Wheeler ... not to say it isn't true, but Wheeler is probably the first to make-up or embellish a story.

Oh, and look ... he's attacking the fans:

The question is for how long will TFC’s most loyal fans keep the blinders on and not see what’s happening before their eyes. If the status quo remains and failure continues to be met with a smiling face, TFC and their supporters are no better than the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans.

I assume that is payback for some of the anti-Wheeler comments that were made after his Mista fiction.

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Well it is Wheeler ... not to say it isn't true, but Wheeler is probably the first to make-up or embellish a story.

I assume that is payback for some of the anti-Wheeler comments that were made after his Mista fiction.

I don't even know why I'm defending Wheeler. But you are completely taking the bolded statement out of context. There is a BIG IF statement before the bolded part. And you can't tell me that you disagree if that big IF statement turns out to be the case.

Regardless though, it's obvious Dasovic wasn't there. So even if he WAS scouting, are you kidding me? is that really where the #2 man should be on three very important games? that's what we have scouts for. So regardless, whether you believe Wheeler or not, there's no doubt this isn't just the Mista scenario. This was either a very dumb move or a very calculated move.

nfitz
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I don't even know why I'm defending Wheeler. But you are completely taking the bolded statement out of context. There is a BIG IF statement before the bolded part. And you can't tell me that you disagree if that big IF statement turns out to be the case.I don't believe I'm taking it out of context. Given the booing, the video of fans living early on the board, and the singing of "We're not going to take it" that was very loud, and I was in 222 sitting one row in front of the press box. He could hear what was going on, but chose to ignore it, because it didn't fit into his piece.

It's not to say that his comment about the fans wasn't correct ... it's just an example of the piss-poor journalism that he writes. Like many of the hacks at the Sun he is more interested in fanning flames and becoming the story; rather than reporting it.

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 10:54 AM

You might be right.

In regards to his Mista "fiction", it wasn't total fiction. People toed the PR line but the truth is that Preki
is no Scotty Bowman .... a coach who was disliked by his players but a man who was smart enough to be able to make his teams good. Keenan is another one.

nfitz
09-12-2010, 10:57 AM
In regards to his Mista "fiction", it wasn't total fiction.That was clear from the start; clearly Mista and Preki had words after Preki took him off. The piece wasn't entirely non-fiction either ... and in any other newspaper in the city it would have had to be more factual to have been published. Whether he is right or not, Wheeler is still a hack, and we shouldn't take anything he writes too seriously until we find out more.

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 11:03 AM
No, that was clear from the start; clearly Mista and Preki had words after Preki took him off. The piece wasn't entirely non-fiction either ... and in any other newspaper in the city it would have had to be more factual to have been published. Whether he is right or not, Wheeler is still a hack, and we shouldn't take anything he writes too seriously until we find out more.

He's pretty bang on in this instance though. Daso has been exiled and Preki has come across as pretty much a broken man for the past couple of weeks, at least he has appeared that way to me, particularly in his post-match comments. He used to put on a display of bravado but now he speaks less animatedly and more quietly.

In all seriousness, if both Mo and Preki are gone prior to the RSL CCL match, it wouldn't surprise me one iota.

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't believe I'm taking it out of context. Given the booing, the video of fans living early on the board, and the singing of "We're not going to take it" that was very loud, and I was in 222 sitting one row in front of the press box. He could hear what was going on, but chose to ignore it, because it didn't fit into his piece.

It's not to say that his comment about the fans wasn't correct ... it's just an example of the piss-poor journalism that he writes. Like many of the hacks at the Sun he is more interested in fanning flames and becoming the story; rather than reporting it.

I do actually see your point about him choosing to ignore what the fans did yesterday. That's why he's a hack and I don't read his articles unless I didn't notice it was him writing it. However, as long as the fans continue to renew their season's tickets they will continue to greet MLSE with smiling faces as Wheeler says. Leaf's fans boo them all the time as well.

Darlofletch
09-12-2010, 11:17 AM
He's pretty bang on in this instance though. Daso has been exiled and Preki has come across as pretty much a broken man for the past couple of weeks, at least he has appeared that way to me, particularly in his post-match comments. He used to put on a display of bravado but now he speaks less animatedly and more quietly.

In all seriousness, if both Mo and Preki are gone prior to the RSL CCL match, it wouldn't surprise me one iota.

That's true. earlier in the season, he would never make excuses, i remember before the chicago home game, some reporter desperately prompting him about how windy it was going to be, and he pretended to have no idea, basically not giving himself or the players any kind of easy excuse not to perform.

same with the v-cup fixture congestion, it was a fact that needed to be worked around, in no way to be used as an excuse.

Contrast that with yesterday's post game whinefest. He kept saying "it is what it is" as if he wanted to be the man who doesn't make excuses and takes a shitty situation and deals with it, but it was with such an air of resignation. He knows that whatever the "it" is, scheduling, injuries, whatever, has beaten him.

dow117
09-12-2010, 11:19 AM
That game was a steaming piece of crap and I would like to erase that 2 hours from my memory.

You think you got hosed mate... I am committed to going to Seattle to see this freakin' team...no refunds here ...

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 11:27 AM
You think you got hosed mate... I am committed to going to Seattle to see this freakin' team...no refunds here ...

http://www.yourpartygirls.com/newsite/seattlegallery.html

Darlofletch
09-12-2010, 11:32 AM

I'll see your Seattle, and raise you a Chivas.

California better be all it's cracked up to be.

106-12
09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
in any team when the DP is not the best player you have in the game for at least %80 of the time he should go?

Kevvv
09-12-2010, 12:20 PM
THEY RAN HIM OUT OF SCOTLAND, THEY RAN HIM OUT OF NEW YORK!
WALKING IN A DOUCHEBAG WONDERLAND!!
KD.

H, ha, I was singing that as I walked along King last night. Much to the embarassment of my daughter.

bgnewf
09-13-2010, 06:23 AM
http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/disheartening-and-the-gloves-come-off-mo/

In video form I try and explain why Saturday’s loss for Toronto FC was just about the most disheartening game in the short history of the club, I bring some light on some staffers leaving the club at an odd time, I try and address fan dissension and I address if three hours more rest would have made a difference in the outcome Saturday.

Brooker
09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
the truth is that Preki is hated by the players

wait what?

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 02:54 PM
wait what?

Not sure why that would be shocking.

Brooker
09-13-2010, 03:22 PM
hmm... well, specifically which players hate him and why?

Section 117
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Booker

I have heard the same things.... Preki is a beaten man I wouldn't be suprised if he steps down (My own opinion)

Preki's "style" has an extremely short shelf life. He is extremely hard on the players in practice he wants everyone to be robots and be interchangable. He doesn't wnat highly paid players as they won't tremble in fear when he speaks. So now that I have said that put two and two together. Who is highly paid on this team? I stress not over paid ie Garcia, but highly paid whether they are a DP or not.

algieb
09-13-2010, 11:03 PM
tl;dr

pricky is a crap manager no tactics and cant motivate players enough said

Roogsy
09-13-2010, 11:08 PM
wait what?

:lol:

It's like you haven't been paying attention. This is such old news they've already written a book and filmed a Canadian mini-series about it.

Blizzard
09-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Not sure why that would be shocking.

Ya exactly although, to be fair, it's just a gut feeling based on the way they're playing out there. They are working hard, no doubt about it. They're all pro's afterall and they all want to keep their careers going but the intangibles are missing.

Where's the jump? Where's the urgency? Nobody plays poorly on purpose but players are human beings. Something just isn't meshing.

Blizzard
09-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Mo's pre-game interview makes it perfectly clear that tfc already feels it's mission accomplished as far as the ccl goes.

Really? I missed that. That really bums me out I have to say.

Blizzard
09-14-2010, 01:12 AM
That's true. earlier in the season, he would never make excuses, i remember before the chicago home game, some reporter desperately prompting him about how windy it was going to be, and he pretended to have no idea, basically not giving himself or the players any kind of easy excuse not to perform.

same with the v-cup fixture congestion, it was a fact that needed to be worked around, in no way to be used as an excuse.

Contrast that with yesterday's post game whinefest. He kept saying "it is what it is" as if he wanted to be the man who doesn't make excuses and takes a shitty situation and deals with it, but it was with such an air of resignation. He knows that whatever the "it" is, scheduling, injuries, whatever, has beaten him.

Of course, he's human too. These poor results have to wear on everybody. Why would he sound any different than the players. They're all feeling like crap right now as well they should. It's only natural. He really is like a different guy though ... on tv anyway.

Brooker
09-14-2010, 02:02 AM
:lol:

It's like you haven't been paying attention. This is such old news they've already written a book and filmed a Canadian mini-series about it.

Paying attention to speculation? No I stopped that in year 2. :D