PDA

View Full Version : goodbye mo

Azerban
09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
“Obviously, not making the playoffs for three years, absolutely, 100 percent, it stops with me,” [Johnston] said. “And if it happens in the fourth year, I won’t be here. It is as simple as that. I am a big boy. I will take it on the chin.”

fucking get in the bin

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 04:57 PM
If we're out of the playoffs on the Crew date, this HAS to be our banner.

MFG1
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
cant come soon enough.

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Mo must go.

ilikemusic
09-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Dont blame Mo.

You heard Preki. This is the fans' fault. If you guys would show up on time and stay for the full 90 than we would win more.

You know what the team needs?

The perfect cheer!

http://www.wevegotthekeys.com/key-west-blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/snlcheerleaders.jpg

Davenport
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Get rid....he's useless.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
wish this was serbia so we could walk onto the fucking training pitch and take their shirts from them

canadian_bhoy
09-11-2010, 05:13 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ziu2ag.jpg

manic.street.preacher
09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
^ Banner!

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Dont blame Mo.

You heard Preki. This is the fans' fault. If you guys would show up on time and stay for the full 90 than we would win more.

You know what the team needs?

The perfect cheer!

http://www.wevegotthekeys.com/key-west-blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/snlcheerleaders.jpg

Listen to the interview and you can see what the context was.

Managers do it all the time to pump up the fans. Remember how Capello called out the England Boo-Boys? Japanese manager told fans not to clap for discipline? These are managerial techniques.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:20 PM
the people who show up on time are the type to watch tfc.tv

the people who don't aren't

this is why his little call out was a dumb idea

ilikemusic
09-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Listen to the interview and you can see what the context was.

I've watched the interview. Its nothing but an excuse. The people he is trying to 'pump up' probably dont even know Preki's name, nevermind know that he 'called them out' on TFC TV. The only people who were aware of his attempt to 'pump up' the crowd were the people who are there on time.

The refs, the fans, the schedule makers, this sorry excuse for a coach is just full of excuses.

swan
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM

lol that is funny as hell

Batman
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
So...in 7 years, MO's teams have only had 1 playoff appearance... and that was his first year in NY, when he took over mid way through the year. (BTW they lost)

In his 6 full years...0 appearances.

So, my question is, can he get another job in North America. I think not.

Oh ya, and WHY did TFC ever think he could build a winner here, when he never had done so before... you hire crap, they pretty much will stay crap.

Azerban
09-11-2010, 05:26 PM

he can fuck off to motherwell or some shit nowhere hamlet in the ass end of civilization

Batman
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM
he can fuck off to motherwell or some shit nowhere hamlet in the ass end of civilization

LOL

I'm actually wondering if he burnt his bridges long ago in England and Scotland too.

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
So...in 7 years, MO's teams have only had 1 playoff appearance... and that was his first year in NY, when he took over mid way through the year. (BTW they lost)

In his 6 full years...0 appearances.

Oh ya, and WHY did TFC ever think he could build a winner here, when he never had done so before... you hire crap, they pretty much will stay crap.

My guess is he either a) doesn't get another manager job, or b) takes a job somewhere as an assistant. No way anyone gives him another kick at the can as a GM.

- Scott

Beach_Red
09-11-2010, 06:10 PM
My guess is he either a) doesn't get another manager job, or b) takes a job somewhere as an assistant. No way anyone gives him another kick at the can as a GM.

- Scott

Oh come on, we all know what's going to happen, he's going to go to some other MLS team and come back and burn us they way every player who leaves does ;).

billyfly
09-11-2010, 06:14 PM
What can one say that has not already been said these last 4 years (over and over and over again)

denime
09-11-2010, 06:15 PM

And we will pay for this ticket in case ML$E is to cheep to pay for it.

Bombonera
09-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I think Mo should apologize immediately, and then somehow retunr to me the 100's of hours and 1000's of dollars I have doled out only to have my son grow to hate the experience.

MLSE is a shameless bunch of scumbags. WHat are the odds our Friggin ticket prices go up again. FUCK THEM!!! FUCK THEM ALL!!! ANd definitely not gently!

SoccMan
09-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes players that we have let go have gone on to other teams and played well,however, it's a little different for a manager there is no way that another MLS team hires Mo as a manager, and even if a team were to do that they would have the same crap results. Mo can't manage end of story.

billyfly
09-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Man, I want to riot. Too bad I'm too lazy.

werewolf
09-11-2010, 06:27 PM

Just do it under the guise of "protesting the G-20", and it will be socially accpetable.

Brooker
09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
fuck mo

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 06:29 PM
There's gotta be some kind of "Contact us" at MLSE for Toronto FC, no?

Brooker
09-11-2010, 06:44 PM
way over the top...obviously. I suggest deletion

Tasteless and immature thing to say. Eminently deleteable.

my apologies. deleted.

now if only MLSE deletes Mo Johnston.

Darlofletch
09-11-2010, 07:26 PM
There was a man who broke a team and MoJo was his name-o.
no more fucking Mo
no more fucking Mo
no more fucking Mo
fuck you Mo Johnston.

and

Fuck you Mo Johnston
la la la la-la la
Fuck you Mo Johnston
la la la la-la la
Fuck you Mo Johnston
la la la la-la laaaaaa
Go back to Scotland
la la la la-la la
Go back to Scotland
la la la la-la la
etc etc

and

All we are saying is just fire Mo!

I must say kudos to the sg's for staying positive and supportive until the goal went in. I was feeling surly long before that point.

billyfly
09-11-2010, 07:30 PM
The whole business plan is in shambles. Surely Mo will be fired.

Chevy
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Now THIS would make a classic banner.

ilikemusic
09-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Just do it under the guise of "protesting the G-20", and it will be socially accpetable.

Just put on a TPS outfit and make sure you only attack innocent civilians and it will be socially acceptable.

Juanito
09-11-2010, 10:08 PM
MO FAIL! should be the banner. Fuck it, I'm gonna make it!

KezmanCCCC
09-12-2010, 12:29 AM
fucking get in the bin

i hope we dont make the playoffs this season and i also hope we crash out of the CL at the group stage (which i think is going to be the out come of the season anyways), this is the only way that ML$E will clean house in TFC managment and bring in some people that can get the fucking job done for once and for all... this is the only way things will get better.... of course i want TFC to be sucessful but this is the only way to get these goons that are incharge right now the fuck out the door....

Raging Reggie
09-12-2010, 01:22 AM
qww7bRbuf8E

jloome
09-12-2010, 03:45 AM
I'm gonna go with my March 16 suggestion......

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Stick_a_Fork_in_Mo_Hes_Long_Past_Done_mar_16_10_co lumn.shtml

Oldtimer
09-12-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm gonna go with my March 16 suggestion......

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Stick_a_Fork_in_Mo_Hes_Long_Past_Done_mar_16_10_co lumn.shtml

I like your picture in that blog:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/photos/time_expired.jpg

Anyway's Mo's almost done. Anselmi would have to be an idiot to not see that Mo has terribly damaged the brand.

Our job at this point is to make clear to MLSE our displeasure. That should tip the point to firing Mo, even if the "safe corporate" thing is to do nothing.

Even JFJ ended up losing his job eventually, although it took some time.

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 06:51 AM
is GIBLIN really his middle name? Or is that some slang I just don't know?

either way... it's great fodder for jokes.

London
09-12-2010, 07:02 AM
HEY MO!!!!

your girlfriend has jumped ship, why dont you follow her que and get the fuck out of here!!!!

Alixir
09-12-2010, 07:44 AM
He should have been fired yesterday.

DOMIN8R
09-12-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't understand why people don't aim higher. Our problems are a result of Tom Anselmi decisions than with others, IMO. I would like to see Tommy-boy replaced with someone who is ready to make a bigger commitment to our team and improve overall MLSE executive decision making or we risk another hire who is equal or worse than MoJo.

Pookie
09-12-2010, 08:36 AM
I don't understand why people don't aim higher. Our problems are a result of Tom Anselmi decisions than with others, IMO. I would like to see Tommy-boy replaced with someone who is ready to make a bigger commitment to our team and improve overall MLSE executive decision making or we risk another hire who is equal or worse than MoJo.

Amen

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 08:41 AM

we understand that there are things that will change, and things that will never change. Our team will always report to MLSE bankers at the end of the day, so expecting that to change is asking for a complete restructuring. I doubt it will ever happen. MLSE executive decision making is doing just fine where it matters to them (on the books and in the bank) so they have no need to change that part of the system.

Heart of Stone
09-12-2010, 08:53 AM
King Dave is a special ... special person...

Carts
09-12-2010, 08:57 AM

My favourite part of this is that's its a middle seat LOL

F*** the aisle or window...

Carts
09-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Just put on a TPS outfit and make sure you only attack innocent civilians and it will be socially acceptable.

WOW, bitter much...? lol

Let trash the city and break the law then complain when the... wait :topic:

Thanks, Carts...

BS1327
09-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Just a thought for a NEW chant for Mo...tune of Can you here ____ sing?

Can you see Mo cleaning? YES YES
Can you see Mo cleaning? YES YES
What is it Mo's cleaning?
His office out for TFC!!
BYE BYE MO!

sampace
09-12-2010, 10:31 AM
YES...HOLGER OSIECK ... time for Holger's Hero's 2. H2 Time! Welcome Holger! Way to celebrate Oktoberfest in Kitchener by hiring him on to clean this ship up!

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 10:46 AM
qww7bRbuf8E

Oh my fucking god this is the funniest shit I have ever seen. I am laughing my ass off out loud. I'm assuming that was Mo in the window?

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 10:58 AM
YES...HOLGER OSIECK ... time for Holger's Hero's 2. H2 Time! Welcome Holger! Way to celebrate Oktoberfest in Kitchener by hiring him on to clean this ship up!

Do you leave your position as the manager of the Australian national team to come to Toronto FC?

No, I didn't think so.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/socceroos-coach-holger-osieck-has-an-impressive-cv/story-e6frfg8x-1225904118685

B

Cristiano14
09-12-2010, 11:09 AM
WOW, bitter much...? lol

Thanks, Carts...

hate to take it off topic again but the TPS went after innocent people in the innocent Queens Park Protest, the police are entirely at fault

anyway back to the mo hating

Cashcleaner
09-12-2010, 11:18 AM
“Obviously, not making the playoffs for three years, absolutely, 100 percent, it stops with me. And if it happens in the fourth year, I won’t be here. It is as simple as that. I am a big boy. I will take it on the chin.”- Mo Johnston

Paint it in big red letters on a white background and it will be the most effective banner to date.

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Paint it in big red letters on a white background and it will be the most effective banner to date.

It won't be necessary. Don't waste your time. In two weeks, I doubt that either Mo or Preki will be a concern.

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 11:46 AM
It won't be necessary. Don't waste your time. In two weeks, I doubt that either Mo or Preki will be a concern.

like the boyscouts say: "Be Prepared"

reggie
09-12-2010, 11:46 AM
i worried about the smuck who is going to hire the new guy(anselmi)and i really dont give a shit about the spelling of his name.
the guy is useless,mo is prob the only guy he interviewed.
we need a futbol guy has our head guy..like van did...

ilikemusic
09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
WOW, bitter much...? lol

Thanks, Carts...

Wow. Ignorant much?

The police ran away from the 'black bloc' vandals for an hour and a half and then spent the next two days assaulting and arresting innocent, peaceful demonstrators. I dont know why the fuck Werewolf would even bring the G20 up but since he did, I wasnt going to sit back and let him make ignorant statements about what happened that weekend.

There is a reason there are three official reviews and a potential for an inquiry. There is a reason there are multiple lawsuits pending against TPS and other members of the G20 ISU. There is a reason that out of 1000 people arrested less than 20 have been charged with anything more than 'breaching the peace'.

If its your decision to blindly support the police and you choose not the question anything they do then that is fine, but dont bring that shit onto a football board and expect nobody to call you on it.

5kKg2jtjt0Y

Toronto police ran away from the obvious threat of the black block and chose not to respond. Instead they felt it would be easier to allow them to do as they pleased for an hour or two, allow them to return to Queens Park and mingle with the peaceful demonstrators assembled inside the 'designated free speech zone' (with obvious disregard for the safety of the innocent, peaceful demonstrators assembled there, as if the police attacking them later on doesnt make it obvious enough). The police had their justification, now they were free to start cracking skulls and bashing hippies (which, based on the facebook photos of cops I know is one of their favourite things to do). Of course they werent just bashing hippies. They were bashing old men with prosthetic legs, TTC workers, 50 year old office workers, old ladies, young girls, families on vacation, anybody unfortunate enough to be seen by the violent police which were turned loose on the city with carte blanche to assault citizens because of the powers they were given by the Ontario Pubic Works Protection Act (powers for which the police would lie about over and over again to the public).

As I say, I didnt bring up the G20. Werewolf did. I dont want to talk about it but I will not let someone make an ignorant comment about what did or didnt happen that weekend. What I would really like is for a mod to delete Werewolf's post, your post, my posts, and any other post referencing the events of the G20 weekend (taking shots at the ridiculous waste of money is fine though. I dont think there is any debate as to what a waste of public money that whole farce was).

Wagner
09-12-2010, 12:15 PM
c'mon guys....
G20 is in off-topic.

razor787
09-12-2010, 12:16 PM
This is not the place for a police discussion.

Start a topic in OT if you must.

Wagner
09-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Oldtimer has had the plan from the get go...
a simple...

"MO MUST GO" chant sustained for a few minutes.

Union Picket Line style.

Darlofletch
09-12-2010, 12:17 PM
:hurray: to Ilikemusic

Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic.

but yes,it is probably best to delete the whole thing.

Cashcleaner
09-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Wow. Ignorant much?

The police ran away from the 'black bloc' vandals for an hour and a half and then spent the next two days assaulting and arresting innocent, peaceful demonstrators. I dont know why the fuck Werewolf would even bring the G20 up but since he did, I wasnt going to sit back and let him make ignorant statements about what happened that weekend.

There is a reason there are three official reviews and a potential for an inquiry. There is a reason there are multiple lawsuits pending against TPS and other members of the G20 ISU. There is a reason that out of 1000 people arrested less than 20 have been charged with anything more than 'breaching the peace'.

If its your decision to blindly support the police and you choose not the question anything they do then that is fine, but dont bring that shit onto a football board and expect nobody to call you on it.

5kKg2jtjt0Y

Toronto police ran away from the obvious threat of the black block and chose not to respond. Instead they felt it would be easier to allow them to do as they pleased for an hour or two, allow them to return to Queens Park and mingle with the peaceful demonstrators assembled inside the 'designated free speech zone' (with obvious disregard for the safety of the innocent, peaceful demonstrators assembled there, as if the police attacking them later on doesnt make it obvious enough). The police had their justification, now they were free to start cracking skulls and bashing hippies (which, based on the facebook photos of cops I know is one of their favourite things to do). Of course they werent just bashing hippies. They were bashing old men with prosthetic legs, TTC workers, 50 year old office workers, old ladies, young girls, families on vacation, anybody unfortunate enough to be seen by the violent police which were turned loose on the city with carte blanche to assault citizens because of the powers they were given by the Ontario Pubic Works Protection Act (powers for which the police would lie about over and over again to the public).

As I say, I didnt bring up the G20. Werewolf did. I dont want to talk about it but I will not let someone make an ignorant comment about what did or didnt happen that weekend. What I would really like is for a mod to delete Werewolf's post, your post, my posts, and any other post referencing the events of the G20 weekend (taking shots at the ridiculous waste of money is fine though. I dont think there is any debate as to what a waste of public money that whole farce was).

All Werewolf did was make a sly remark at the thugs who engaged in illegal/stupid acts during G20 and how they attempt to justify their actions.

He didn't mention anything about police, court cases or lawsuits. If anyone blew this out of proportion, it's not him.

jloome
09-12-2010, 12:32 PM

Nope, that would be a mistake. Anselmi is a product of MLSE's corporate culture, which is a business cult culture, not a sports culture.

It's like a really stupid hydra. If you cut off one head, another'll just take its place.

Better to stick with the one that, while not having had success up until now, at least may have learned some things from the mistake, as any replacement is likely to be even worse.

EDit: Of course, I could be wrong. He could be dumb enough to just make the same mistakes over.

In contrast, he won't be as likely to go cheap and easy again, or be snowed by tales of Scottish footie glory and how bright he is the next time.

razor787
09-12-2010, 12:41 PM
If Mo goes, what would you guys all want? A new GM? Someone that may either clean house (again) or even just make a couple small changes? Or would you rather give the spot to Brennan?

And for coaching, what do you think is best? Keeping preki, or getting rid of him? And who would you want if we do ditch him? Give Daso the job, or find a new head coach?

I think we need to get a new GM, and give Brennan some more training. Daso though I think would be great. Has the experience of working with Mo, Carver, Cummins, and now Preki. He knows what worked for each of them, and what didnt. That, alone with the players loving him, will likely make him a great head coach. I think he is ready for a shot.

ilikemusic
09-12-2010, 12:41 PM
All Werewolf did was make a sly remark at the thugs who engaged in illegal/stupid acts during G20 and how they attempt to justify their actions.

He didn't mention anything about police, court cases or lawsuits. If anyone blew this out of proportion, it's not him.

To which I then made a sly remark in response and McCartney called me bitter and insinuated that the people who TPS and the G20 ISU assaulted and arrested were trashing the city and deserved to be arrested.

Im sorry, but the illegal searches, detentions, and arrests of thousands of innocent Canadians is a touchy subject for me.

Sorry im passionate about the law. Ill try and feel strongly about more socially acceptable things like sports and cars.

Suds
09-12-2010, 12:57 PM
To which I then made a sly remark in response and McCartney called me bitter and insinuated that the people who TPS and the G20 ISU assaulted and arrested were trashing the city and deserved to be arrested.

Im sorry, but the illegal searches, detentions, and arrests of thousands of innocent Canadians is a touchy subject for me.

Sorry im passionate about the law. Ill try and feel strongly about more socially acceptable things like sports and cars.

This is a site to discuss footy. Take this elsewhere. If fact, you should go back and delete your posts.

razor787
09-12-2010, 12:59 PM
This is a site to discuss footy. Take this elsewhere. If fact, you should go back and delete your posts.

agreed

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 01:00 PM
yeah --

:topic: please

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM
If Mo goes, what would you guys all want? A new GM? Someone that may either clean house (again) or even just make a couple small changes? Or would you rather give the spot to Brennan?

And for coaching, what do you think is best? Keeping preki, or getting rid of him? And who would you want if we do ditch him? Give Daso the job, or find a new head coach?

I think we need to get a new GM, and give Brennan some more training. Daso though I think would be great. Has the experience of working with Mo, Carver, Cummins, and now Preki. He knows what worked for each of them, and what didnt. That, alone with the players loving him, will likely make him a great head coach. I think he is ready for a shot.

I agree with you on both counts. Let's give Daso the reigns and asap. He also has his experience with the Nat U-23's as well as player / assistant coach with the Whitecaps.

He is well liked and would certainly be a total 180 from Preki and that is what we probably need right now. A breath of fresh air would probably give the players a bit of a boost too. They sure do need it.

And as for GM, Brennan isn't ready to do that job. Maybe he will be down the road but who knows. I don't know who they would bring in though.

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
If Brennan gets the GM I will walk up to Anselmass and shove my season's tickets up his ass.

Dasovic I've been impressed with as a coach, in particular what he did with the Olympic qualifying team, he had them playing some really good footie. I'm not going to say give him a shot because I have no idea whether he's ready for the job, but I won't be terribly upset if the higher ups think he's ready and I'll support him if he gets a shot.

Glenchen29
09-12-2010, 01:10 PM
We can't start over if and when a new manager comes in that would be a big mistake, Preki and Mo did it again this year! The last 4 seasons have been 4 different teams, this season being the worst as our final team wasn't put together until 1/3 through the season!

Preki is partially correct, this years actual attendance compared to sold tickets has been pathetic, many games have been half empty! Without a winning team the lust leaves!

Games on the hour are bad as the fans travelling east want to catch the hour train and not wait around for an hour. GO Transit will run more trains if TFC pay for it! Games on the half hour suit fans travelling east and west or leave the patio open longer and tell the security guards to back off our fun by forcing us out!

There was one highlight this year being the CL win but I'm not sure we will see that team again on the pitch!

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 01:12 PM
hmmmm....... I hear that David Miller will have some time on his hands pretty soon.......

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 01:32 PM
We can't start over if and when a new manager comes in that would be a big mistake, Preki and Mo did it again this year! The last 4 seasons have been 4 different teams, this season being the worst as our final team wasn't put together until 1/3 through the season!

Preki is partially correct, this years actual attendance compared to sold tickets has been pathetic, many games have been half empty! Without a winning team the lust leaves!

Games on the hour are bad as the fans travelling east want to catch the hour train and not wait around for an hour. GO Transit will run more trains if TFC pay for it! Games on the half hour suit fans travelling east and west or leave the patio open longer and tell the security guards to back off our fun by forcing us out!

There was one highlight this year being the CL win but I'm not sure we will see that team again on the pitch!

You say Preki and Mo did it but might it not be more accurate to say that Preki did it and Mo had to along with his new coach or risk being accused of sabotaging that coach or at least not giving him the tools he wanted to do the job?

Obviously Amado left on his own in the anticipation that Preki was coming. I wonder if he saw this coming?

TFCRegina
09-12-2010, 01:34 PM
fucking get in the bin

The guy is a useless pile of steaming dog poo.

Mo has ruined four years of this club and we need a new manager. Simple as that. MLSE should start looking now. We're not looking for an instant replacement. We want someone who is talented and has a track record of success.

Put as much effort into finding a good manager as you do into finding business executives who figure out how to make you money.

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Just in case anyone from MLSE is reading this...

I'm up for taking the GM spot. Here's why I'm qualified.
-I actually want Toronto FC to win.
-I know all the players in the league, not just the scottish ones.
-I'll go after a pair of wingers. I know, I know, revolutionary.

ag futbol
09-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Any talk of "we can't rebuild now" is complete bs. It does not take years and years to rebuild in MLS. Look around this sad sack league, you think clubs like FCD or Colorado have 1/5 the resources TFC does when it comes to the club? Sure our salaries are the same outside of DP contracts. But we easily have more staff, more resources, and more money to spend on basically anything that will allow you to get better quality players per dollar spent.

For this reason if TFC actually kept it's current level of commitment and put the right people in charge the turnaround could be swift.

It's just too bad those clowns in the front office didn't realize this after year one. There was no Seattle, no RBNY making big commitments, no Vancouver coming next year.

We had the opportunity to take the money we made at the gate and turn us into a perpetual force. The job is now much harder, because we let blow-hards like Johnston run the show.

razor787
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
I agree with you on both counts. Let's give Daso the reigns and asap. He also has his experience with the Nat U-23's as well as player / assistant coach with the Whitecaps.

He is well liked and would certainly be a total 180 from Preki and that is what we probably need right now. A breath of fresh air would probably give the players a bit of a boost too. They sure do need it.

And as for GM, Brennan isn't ready to do that job. Maybe he will be down the road but who knows. I don't know who they would bring in though.

Agreed. Although I dont think that Brennan can be any worse then Mo, he isnt ready yet. Needs another few seasons of training first. If he was just thrust into the position right now, then we would turn on him, and call for his head just as much as Mo. Make sure he is ready for the job, and then make him train a couple more seasons just to be safe. I dont want to see the groups calling for him to be fired.

Agreed with Daso. He has proven that he has what it takes to be the head coach. We need to make sure that he takes the team as soon as possible. We need a new coach, and Daso is someone that is already witht he team, that we know we can trust. He will combine Prekis defencive style, with a more attacking style, and will likely end with us scoring more goals, while still avoiding our last 15 fall outs thta we had last season.

IMO he is the top choice.

Beach_Red
09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Better to stick with the one that, while not having had success up until now, at least may have learned some things from the mistake, as any replacement is likely to be even worse.

It's not really a matter of having learned something - now that that there have been a few years of profit they can spend more money and get a better candidate.

It's like upgrading from turf to grass and finally spending money on a DP - this organization doesn't deficit spend. That's the "good business" everyone talks about when it comes to MLSE. First they make the money, then they spend it.

They didn't get, "snowed by stories of Scottish footie glory," they took the cheapest option available to them. You can practically hear the interview, "And you won't need to hire scouts or assistant GMs or anything like that because my agent will handle all that."

But now there's money in the bank so a "big-name" soccer guy can be brought in.

MLSE is so transparent it's sad.

ag futbol
09-12-2010, 01:57 PM
^ I don't want to nit-pick your post here but up until a few years ago DC United was the only team with a dedicated scout. TFC tries to spew bullshit about us having resources for this kind of thing, but as far as i'm concerned it's unsubstantiated. We go entirely through agents and central pickups MLS finds on behalf of their teams.

Another point would be that at the time Johnston was signed, he was one of the highest paid GM's in the league (from what we heard).

Anyway, I hope your right about them bringing in a quality candidate this time.

Davenport
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM

What on earth has Brennan ever done in any coaching/managerial position to make you think he'd be any good at either ?

razor787
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
He is the assistant GM right now. He is being trained for the position, so eventually, he will take it on. He needs a few more seasons as being an assistant though. Like I said, putting him in right now, he will end up getting forced out, becayse he doesnt have the experience, and would shit the bed as the head GM.

ag futbol
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
What on earth has Brennan ever done in any coaching/managerial position to make you think he'd be any good at either ?
I agree, his qualifications appear to be be riding nostalgia into a job and not much else.

Never understood why TFC didn't take the view of taking some of the best local coaches (there are a few good ones) and start grooming them into high level professional candidates down the road. Maybe if Johnston didn't do such a poor job with the types of Carmine Isacco we'd have something to show for it today.

The problem here is that the people we should have been grooming like Daso have been subject to the leadership of a bunch of baboons. Not exactly a good environment to raise your level. Brennan would easily crash and burn if he got anywhere near the head job, asides from not being overly impressive in the first place, he's being trained by a complete idiot.

ArmenJBX
09-12-2010, 02:30 PM
We gotta do it the right way and go after a premier league head. I swear Vancouver has a guy from Tottenham. We have to do this too, someone who knows how to build a soccer team and not just an MLS team, because I think right now, with no wingers and no depth, and still hitting the cap, we don't have a good overall team.

Sally Mack
09-12-2010, 02:53 PM

Bingo. Brennan as assistant gm was a bs pr move. It was the easiest way to say "hey Jim, since you're way past your prime, we'll give you a cushy head office job to make it seem like we're not cutting our captain... even though we are". He's good for tfc tv cartoon voice-overs and that's about it.

Red Rat
09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
well gloves are off and banners and flags are coming out next home game.

rr

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Bingo. Brennan as assistant gm was a bs pr move. It was the easiest way to say "hey Jim, since you're way past your prime, we'll give you a cushy head office job to make it seem like we're not cutting our captain... even though we are". He's good for tfc tv cartoon voice-overs and that's about it.

I agree, it's most like he was encouraged to retire. All so that we could see Garcia play LB the entire season.
:facepalm:

DOMIN8R
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
we understand that there are things that will change, and things that will never change. Our team will always report to MLSE bankers at the end of the day, so expecting that to change is asking for a complete restructuring. I doubt it will ever happen. MLSE executive decision making is doing just fine where it matters to them (on the books and in the bank) so they have no need to change that part of the system.

I think we can disagree here, Sparky.

I have no problem with sports franchises reporting back to business executives. And I never will. All the franchises should demonstrate maximum profitability. No reasonable person would expect anything different.

All 4 franchises are probably profitable but having sports fanchises that are winners or even dynasties lead to much higher profitability.

So I disagree. Better executive hiring practices and spending decisions would lead to higher profitability. Some decisions have been good. Like betting on soccer in Toronto, in the first place. Hiring/promoting/keeping Mo not so much.

WHITEY
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
My favourite part of this is that's its a middle seat LOL

F*** the aisle or window...

Ummm, yaaa, just because the seat says 26B doesn't mean that it's a middle seat. If the airpalne is a wide body then that seat in fact is an aisle seat. Just saying.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
MO gone will be great i hope.....But a team that will be going into its 5th year.....its gona be like starting all over again...New GM...new faces..new players...

It might take another 3 years to fix this shit.....this im not looking forward too...!

Dont count on the playoffs too soon!..

Im sure the new GM will have a new 5 year plan for TFC....heard that before...

Nuvinho
09-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I really hope to wake up tomorrow to a press conference or press release saying that Mo has been fired.

greatwhitenorf
09-12-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/11/18/johnston_mo_big_381.jpg

Take a good look at that face. Our wee Cloughie.

Hitcho
09-12-2010, 08:56 PM
MO MUST GO!!!

Heathen
09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
The guy is a useless pile of steaming dog poo.

Mo has ruined four years of this club and we need a new manager. Simple as that. MLSE should start looking now. We're not looking for an instant replacement. We want someone who is talented and has a track record of success.

Put as much effort into finding a good manager as you do into finding business executives who figure out how to make you money.

If something as rancid and slimy as Mo came out of my dog's arse , I'd have to go Old Yeller on the poor bugger

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I really hope to wake up tomorrow to a press conference or press release saying that Mo has been fired.

I just can't see MLSE actually firing Mo. I could see him leaving though. As for Preki, I hope he's fired ..... or the term "mutual agreement" could be used I suppose. We see that popping up a lot.

Toronto_Bhoy
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
qww7bRbuf8E

Mike Myers plays King Dave in "Mo's a Fuckin' Douchebag!"

sampace
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Mo should not make it to Wednesday's game, fire Mo and Preki, put Dasovic as interim with the goal of making the playoffs in either Champions of MLS. If he succeeds in one of the two he can have the job next season.

jazzy
09-12-2010, 10:07 PM

wow ...well thought out, Anselmi of course is Mr Petty's jr in waiting and although making boatloads of cah for MLSE, the actual sports team stink...shows how important actual success on the field is to making $...However with soccer I feel it's much more fragile, than the Leaf dynasty

maninb
09-13-2010, 10:18 AM

How do you know Brennan isn't qualified to be an Asst GM? I think that's entirely your opinion and based on NOTHING factual...For all we know in a few years he could become a very good GM...There's nothing to suggets otherwise...

Chevy
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
In a mature sports league Brennan would be 5 or 6 steps away from the head job. Here he's "number two". Whether or not he's really in line for the job or just riding a parachute to retirement is anybody's guess.

For an interesting perspective on what stage of development TFC is, take a look at the Jays front office directory. Holy S**T!!
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=tor

P-NUTZ
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
well i've spent everything i've got on this bunch over the years and the only good to come of this last result will be a more relaxed me.

If they win now, great. If they don't well that would make sense the way they've been going. So no pressure or anxiety going forward.

However, I hope they fire mo, the players personally feel bad for the lack of results, and mlse does something nice for me and others who they've ripped off. But i bet they wont do the latter - but i won't be that bothered because I'm a little tapped out and that's what we pay for with this lot.

So no more wasted energy and resources.

That's what losing does.

Davenport
09-13-2010, 10:45 AM
How do you know Brennan isn't qualified to be an Asst GM? I think that's entirely your opinion and based on NOTHING factual...For all we know in a few years he could become a very good GM...There's nothing to suggets otherwise...

How do you know Brennan IS qualified to be a GM ?

Just because someone is a decent player it doesn't make him an immediate identifier of talent and an expert on how to build a squad.

Let him learn that trade in a less pressurised environment and if he shows he's got the ability and qualities then employ him.

Until then, no.

maninb
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
How do you know Brennan IS qualified to be a GM ?

Just because someone is a decent player it doesn't make him an immediate identifier of talent and an expert on how to build a squad.

Let him learn that trade in a less pressurised environment and if he shows he's got the ability and qualities then employ him.

Until then, no.

That's exactly my point....give him some time to develop and then make a informed decision, if he's qualified to be a GM or not...this nonsense that he was given the job out of gratitude has no basis in fact...

Davenport
09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
That's exactly my point....give him some time to develop and then make a informed decision, if he's qualified to be a GM or not...this nonsense that he was given the job out of gratitude has no basis in fact...

Agreed, but he needs to have the top job at a lower level club to prove that he can do it, not just be an assistant at TFC and then get thrown in at the deep end.

Chevy
09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
We are a low-level club!! ;)

Davenport
09-13-2010, 11:04 AM
We are a low-level club!! ;)

So learn his trade here and move on to Liverpool....genius !!

C.Ronaldo
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
leave mo leave

fetajr
09-13-2010, 01:04 PM
to the song of NA NA NAAA NA, hey hey hey, goodbye

MO MO MOOO MO,
MO MO MOOOO MO,
HEY HEY HEY
GOOD-BYE!

Redpunkfiddle
09-13-2010, 01:12 PM
to the song of NA NA NAAA NA, hey hey hey, goodbye

MO MO MOOO MO,
MO MO MOOOO MO,
HEY HEY HEY
GOOD-BYE!

I suggest that this is too associated with when a team is defeated and will get too mixed up with the team on the pitch.

spark
09-13-2010, 01:21 PM

So by your logic someone becomes qualified for job AFTER they get it? You don't get a job based on the experience (or any!) you've built prior but WHILE you're there? Why not promote the janitor then to assistant GM? Hey - you can't prove he wouldn't do a good job, wait until he f#cks over the entire organization - THEN you can say it.

That makes perfect sense and should give you insight as to why MLSE is such a shit show.

Brooker
09-13-2010, 01:49 PM
comparing jimmy b to a janitor.... this thread is going places :D

AL-MO
09-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Agreed, but he needs to have the top job at a lower level club to prove that he can do it, not just be an assistant at TFC and then get thrown in at the deep end.

I would be highly against Jimmy B getting the job. He needs experience and needs to show his eye for talent and ability to build a team before he gets the reigns.

TFCRegina
09-13-2010, 02:04 PM
So by your logic someone becomes qualified for job AFTER they get it? You don't get a job based on the experience (or any!) you've built prior but WHILE you're there? Why not promote the janitor then to assistant GM? Hey - you can't prove he wouldn't do a good job, wait until he f#cks over the entire organization - THEN you can say it.

That makes perfect sense and should give you insight as to why MLSE is such a shit show.

Hey, Wenger has an economics degree...I'm close to getting an economics degree. Maybe that qualifies me for the job.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 02:07 PM
I will be unequivocally pissed if Jimmy B gets the GM job after Mo. It will be nothing more than a tacit admission by MLSE that they don't want to spend the money to get a proper GM, and and instead are willing to foist inexpensive fan favourites on the supporters in an attempt to buy some more patience. Fuck that.

- Scott

TFCRegina
09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
I will be unequivocally pissed if Jimmy B gets the GM job after Mo. It will be nothing more than a tacit admission by MLSE that they don't want to spend the money to get a proper GM, and and instead are willing to foist inexpensive fan favourites on the supporters in an attempt to buy some more patience. Fuck that.

- Scott

Absolutely 100% agree.

MLSE should spend the proper amount of time finding a qualified manager. I've said it before:

1. They need to have a proven track record.
2. They need to have a "business" plan - IE: a roadmap for fixing this disaster

MLSE needs to go out, hold interviews, hell maybe even make the top 3 manager choices make presentations on what they'd do to fix the damned club. If MLSE put as much effort into hiring Managers as they do for hiring business executives, Toronto would have the best teams in North America.

Simon Kuper pointed out in Soccernomics that the methods for hiring Managers (and not just in Soccer) is incredibly inefficient and usually the announcement is made too quickly without proper consideration for skills. Usually managers are selected for appearance and who they know, rather than for any skills they might bring to the table.

Beach_Red
09-13-2010, 02:18 PM

- Scott

It would also be out of character for MLSE - things ae following the same path as they did with the Raptors and Leafs, a few years of unqualified guys running the team (with small staffs and low front office budgets to put some money in the bank) and then experienced guys are brought in on big contracts and allowed to hire the rest of the front office.

Huyton
09-13-2010, 02:25 PM
So long, farewell (from the Sound of Music)

There’s a sad sort of ending now to year number 4
And the Champions League’s gone too.
In the front office there’s a red headed turd
To whom we’ve got to say “Fuck You”
(Fuck You, Fuck you)

(Fuck you) There's nothing he can tell us
(Fuck you) The loyal girls and fella's
(Fuck you) So say goodbye,
T. Oooooooo!

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight
You must admit we have been pretty shite

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, To you and take the missus, too.

So long, farewell, Au revoir, Auf Weidersehen
He'd like to stay ‘til there’s a playoff game
Spoken: yes?
(yelled) NO!

So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye
we’ve had enough, we cannot take the lies

There is one thing that we would like to do
Give him a flight to Glasgow from T.O...

Our Seasons done there’s one more team to go….
So long, farewell Auf Weidersehen, to Mo
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you

Section 117
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I have a very feeling that we will be saying good bye to Mo & Preki

nascarguy
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
hmmmm....... I hear that David Miller will have some time on his hands pretty soon.......
oh look he is drunk again

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM
It would also be out of character for MLSE - things ae following the same path as they did with the Raptors and Leafs, a few years of unqualified guys running the team (with small staffs and low front office budgets to put some money in the bank) and then experienced guys are brought in on big contracts and allowed to hire the rest of the front office.

I hope you are right, because I swear if Brennan is named the GM, I will lead a one man riot through the streets of Toronto.

- Scott

Brooker
09-13-2010, 02:32 PM

- Scott
we wanted gra$$, we got it. we wanted DeRo and his fat salary, we got him. we wanted a dp, we got it. we wanted more seats, we got them. we wanted another dp, we got one. when has MLSE not spent money on this club?

and yeah, if brennan is our next GM, we riot.

nascarguy
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
we wanted gra$$, we got it. we wanted DeRo and his fat salary, we got him. we wanted a dp, we got it. we wanted more seats, we got them. we wanted another dp, we got one. when has MLSE not spent money on this club?
we did not get a DP yet

Beach_Red
09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
when has MLSE not spent money on this club?

When they hired one inexperienced guy to run the whole thing (compare that to Vancouver).

When they waited till they'd sold a player for millions before they signed their first DP (compare that Seattle).

And so on....

Beach_Red
09-13-2010, 02:40 PM

And we want a real manager, a guy with a lot of experience, and we'll get one - right on schedule it seems.

Too bad we can never get any of these things upfront.

Oldtimer
09-13-2010, 02:41 PM
So long, farewell (from the Sound of Music)

:D:rolleyes:

If you think that you'll manage to get an 8 stanza song sung from memory at BMO... by barely sober people...

I've got some "deluxe" swampland in Florida to sell you... really cheap!!!

ArmenJBX
09-13-2010, 02:49 PM

If you think that you'll manage to get an 8 stanza song sung from memory at BMO... by barely sober people...

How much? :)

Huyton
09-13-2010, 03:04 PM

It was just for fun, really...I'm not expecting it will ever be sung anywhere, but if it brings a smile to a face, then it was worth typing out.

I'd actually advocate lots of very short chants, used when the situation warrants, anyway. Short chants can be done by the entire stadium, whereas songs are only done in the Supporters sections.

Oldtimer
09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
It was just for fun, really...I'm not expecting it will ever be sung anywhere, but if it brings a smile to a face, then it was worth typing out.

I'm sure it will bring some smiles...

We're kind of short of humour at the moment, so we need cheering up...

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2010, 03:34 PM

I didn't say I expected MLSE to make Brennan the next GM - I was giving my reaction to the hypothetical.

- Scott

bgnewf
09-13-2010, 04:03 PM
And another day goes by without a press conference/release telling us Mo is toast.

Not good

TFC Cityboy
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
And another day goes by without a press conference/release telling us Mo is toast.

Not good
I do get the sense that saturday was a turning point.
I'm confident Johnston will be gone by season's end. I also get the impression that Preki is at the end of his rope in T.O. Just look at his body language/attitude of late- even more surly than at the start of the season.

The club needs to know that the hardcore support will hold their feet to the fire, and having these discussions in the public forum are useful in that regard.
Great blog today, by the way. Summed up the situation very well.

bgnewf
09-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I do get the sense that saturday was a turning point.
I'm confident Johnston will be gone by season's end. I also get the impression that Preki is at the end of his rope in T.O. Just look at his body language/attitude of late- even more surly than at the start of the season.

The club needs to know that the hardcore support will hold their feet to the fire, and having these discussions in the public forum are useful in that regard.
Great blog today, by the way. Summed up the situation very well.

cheers mate!

appreciate the feedback.

Huyton
09-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Goodbye Mo,
You gotta go
Me o my o

Son of a gun
Say so long
now to T.O.

Oldtimer
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
continue discussion in the mo, Preki gone thread.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1128007#post1128007