PDA

View Full Version : Preki: Fans are 20 minutes late and leave 15 minutes early...

mastermixer
09-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Just saw him say this on his media scrum this morning. He says the team needs our support down the stretch. I guess its more evident than just on this board that fan support is down this year.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2400

MKR
09-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Preki has no business talking about fan support.

Boondaddy
09-10-2010, 01:17 PM
i hate fans showing up late...that is when the team needs us the most. Start strong and get that early goal...

menefreghista
09-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Preki is right on about the fan tardiness. Not sure how this will change though. Torontonians are notorious for this type of behaviour.

Did he call them part time supporters as well? :D

Bluenose13
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Good on him for mentioning it.

Fort York Redcoat
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry which supporter fanbase in MLS would he prefer?

ManUtd4ever
09-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Preki is right but the defensive style of football he has implemented hasn't exactly helped in this regard. It seems to be worse this year...

Roogsy
09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe Preki would prefer to go back to playing in front of the Chivas crowd where they could barely break 10k people on a good day.

Here is a piece of advice Preki...win some games and watch what happens with fans.

KdotOdot
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
That defensive football is preventing us from getting shot more times than tupac.

Vrati se kuci Predraze! Trebas nasoj Zvezdi!! Ove te budale ne razumeju!

KdotOdot
09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh OH! Here comes Roogsy with his change purse full of opinions!

Here's a thought. I'd rather fire DeRo and keep Dragutinovic

MFG1
09-10-2010, 01:32 PM
So whats the difference between these"fans" he speaks of and his own players as of late?

TOBOR !
09-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Preki seems to be unaware of the mood in the stands. However, it's unliklely that BMO staff could process 20K+ when the gates only open 1 hour before K.O.

Hitcho
09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Why are people taking offence at this? He didn't say anything negative about the fan support, he just called on everyone to get to the stadium for kick off instead of 20 minutes after kick off. It's not like he's the only one to mention it either - people are always complaining on these boards about it and we've even had threads about getting extra GO Trains lined up to help do something about it.

Every manager calls on the fans to up the noise and tempo when the team is facing a crunch home game. Benitez used to do it all the time at Liverpool, especially before European games, and Capello has done it for England. It happens all the time.

Seriously guys, I would take this as a call to arms rather than a kick in the face. It's not like Preki is some soft spoken prince of subtlety. In his own way, he's trying to rally the troops.

And if you don;t want to be called out for arriing late and leaving early, then make sure you're guilty of neither! :D (And also pay a visit to the CEO of GO Transit with a baseball bat and a request for additional Lakeshore line trains on game days)

stugautz
09-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't think he's talking about the supporters. For the most part, the south end is always pretty good by kickoff. It's the middle sections (how many times do you see the maple leaf at kickoff?) and the casuals that don't care to show up on time.

FWIW, I don't buy the go train as an argument much for weekend games when we suffer from the same issues.

P-NUTZ
09-10-2010, 01:50 PM
winning games helps...people become lackadaisical because the feel they aren't missing much.

In the scoring column, lately they aren't.

Otherwise blame the ttc and beer.

Pachuco
09-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Preki, I am a fan, and you are my problem that makes me arrive 30 minutes late and leave 15 minutes early.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Good on him for mentioning it.

have to agree....

Even alot of the supporters (RPB) show up late... i think we marched to late the grounds.....I dont care about the rest of BMO....But id like for once for all us to be rammed into 112 and going mental during the warmups....

HOW ABOUT we GIVE it a GO for SATURDAY!!.....

BRING BACK A LITTLE MAGIC FROM SEASON ONE!???????

SOMEONE CONTACT PAUL BERNIER...tell him to have the BOYS warming up IN OUR SOUTH CORNER like the good old days...and we'll have these boys pumped by kick off!

I keep referring to season one....ITS TIME TO GO BACK TO TO ROOTS!! :)

Section 117
09-10-2010, 02:17 PM
How about this worry more about scoring goals and winning games then what we do???

I would love to have a chat with Mo and Preki and just ask them WTF they are thinking some of the time

Technorgasm
09-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Good!

I hope every one here is offended.
Everyone involved with TFC is offended.
Callpeople out,. make a fuss. GET MEAN get angry!

light a fire under peoples asses, take teh reigns and use the media for gods sake.

Preki is such a dead fish in interviews and press conferences.
bout time he makes us notice.

well in.

Roogsy
09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
SOMEONE CONTACT PAUL BERNIER...

Who dat? :lol:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Who dat? :lol:

the guy who took MOJO's stapler..LOL

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2010, 02:27 PM
have to agree....

Even alot of the supporters (RPB) show up late... i think we marched to late the grounds.....I dont care about the rest of BMO....But id like for once for all us to be rammed into 112 and going mental during the warmups....

HOW ABOUT we GIVE it a GO for SATURDAY!!.....

BRING BACK A LITTLE MAGIC FROM SEASON ONE!???????

SOMEONE CONTACT PAUL BERNIER...tell him to have the BOYS warming up IN OUR SOUTH CORNER like the good old days...and we'll have these boys pumped by kick off!

I keep referring to season one....ITS TIME TO GO BACK TO TO ROOTS!! :)

so are we gona be rocking by warmups????:noidea::drinking:

Oldtimer
09-10-2010, 02:28 PM
So now Preki is treating us like he treats his players, asking us to step up... and we're surprised? He wants everyone going for the win.

The problem is, (unlike the players), the fans aren't the ones being paid... they're the ones who are paying, and they are none too happy as of late.

Oldtimer
09-10-2010, 02:32 PM
How about this worry more about scoring goals and winning games then what we do???

I would love to have a chat with Mo and Preki and just ask them WTF they are thinking some of the time

I don't know about Preki, but Mo is probably planning and thinking about his next all-expenses paid "scouting trip" to Brazil in December. :D

wzhxvy
09-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I am not offended by this statement but its a sign of when things go south, people lose FOCUS. He should not even care if his team is playing infront of an empty stadium...FOCUS on the game and winning. We are so not making the playoffs. Next he will complain about the sound system. How about concessions Preki ? How about start times for the game ? FFS...

KRO
09-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Mr Preki - the fans are at the stadium for 90 minutes. The tourists come late and leave early.

ArmenJBX
09-10-2010, 02:34 PM
You want us there early? Win some games! :D

I personally need to watch the full 90. Everytime I go I'm there at national anthem and leave after the players have left the tunnel. I'm sorry, but I'm there for soccer, not chip butties or bathroom breaks. Those can wait! :D

nfitz
09-10-2010, 02:35 PM
However, it's unliklely that BMO staff could process 20K+ when the gates only open 1 hour before K.O.There never seems to be much of a line-up before the game starts. At Gate 5, often they are standing there with no one to check.

Perhaps if TFC is so concerned, they could adjust the timing, so the game doesn't end 10 minutes after the hourly westbound GO Train leaves, or 2 minutes before the hourly eastbound GO Train leaves. Or kick-off isn't the same time that the eastbound GO arrives.

Red Rat
09-10-2010, 02:36 PM
finger pointing has begun, I guess that he knows what's coming next

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
So now Preki is treating us like he treats his players, asking us to step up... and we're surprised? He wants everyone going for the win.

The problem is, (unlike the players), the fans aren't the ones being paid... they're the ones who are paying, and they are none too happy as of late.

you have some good points....

but there's noting wrong with us showing up early...and get this push started off right...BIG GATEHERING AT JOES.....1PM FUEL UP!!!...2:30...WE MARCH!!!...3:00pm....we are outside the GATE..BUSTING TO GET IN!!!! 3:30 WE ARE IN FULL VOICE!!!!

FUK PREKI...FUK..MO.....

LET S PUSH OUR BOYS TO VICTORY!

Who's in?:drinking:

Beach_Red
09-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't know about Preki, but Mo is probably planning and thinking about his next all-expenses paid "scouting trip" to Brazil in December. :D

They probably both started looking for new jobs weeks ago.

Stencils
09-10-2010, 02:42 PM
The sad thing is that the sentiment is correct, but not for the people who are going to hear it or see it.

Tell me honestly if you think someone who arrives 20minutes late to a game on purpose is going to be watching TFC TV or reading articles on torontofc.ca. I certainly don't think so.

The only way this message gets to the people is through the season seat holder mailing list and I doubt a lot of people read those emails either. That and the fact that the FO would likely never send that kind of message to people that they are expecting to renew tickets for a price higher than they're probably worth at this point.

It's the faithful complaining to the faithful here. There will have to be some VERY creative ideas on how to take on this 'problem'.

Roogsy
09-10-2010, 02:45 PM
The only way to get people early to games is to make it worthwhile to them. The Jays used to have games where they hand out stuff (I dont know if they do that anymore as I haven't been to a Jays game in 6 years). But end it 15 minutes before the start of the game regardless if there is still inventory available.

Or make parking cheaper if they park before a certain time and then as you get closer to the start of the match, make the price more expensive.

As for staying...there is only 1 way to make people stay, win your games and have a team that puts goals in the net. Nobody wants to watch a scoreless draw for 90 minutes much less a game where the home team loses.

But don't blame the fans. We're lucky we are getting the attendance we have had so far considering the product on the pitch and the results in the stands.

dow117
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Torontonians are always late for venues of any kind ... business meetings, sports events etc the transit/ cars are paralysed in this city; yet they wont leave earlier to get on time. They leave early "to beat the traffic" - pathetic !!!. I live in Newmarket area and there is not 1 GO train on weekend.... I am always on time coz I figure its gonna be 3 hrs by car or transit..Game day is important.

ArmenJBX
09-10-2010, 02:52 PM
And on top of everything I don't believe he's talking about us as supporters, I think he means the regular fans, the one time or casuals. Supporters are always there, I've never seen a game that started without the RPB. But the midfield, for example, is very empty early on.

Detroit_TFC
09-10-2010, 02:53 PM
The FO should go back to setting the announced match times 1/2 hr before KO. It will fool some people for a few games at least.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
And on top of everything I don't believe he's talking about us as supporters, I think he means the regular fans, the one time or casuals. Supporters are always there, I've never seen a game that started without the RPB. But the midfield, for example, is very empty early on.

EXACTLY.....

most of those empty seats are in the hands of scalpers......and the tickets are set so high$$$$..they they cant even get face value for them.seriously!.....off topic...this is in another thread..:)

Pookie
09-10-2010, 03:12 PM
He's right on for both "Fans" and "Supporters"

In earlier years, there was chanting going on before the players took to the pitch. Even in 112, you are lucky if it is half full by the time the player's names are announced.

It has nothing to do with the product on the field. We've seen crappy teams before.

TFCRegina
09-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Good on Preki.

Dbl_D
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
i hate fans showing up late...that is when the team needs us the most. Start strong and get that early goal...

I don't understand Toronto fans maybe thats why the teams are so lame... it doesn't matter what sport here in T.O. there are always empty seats at the start of the game... (I think they must all be related to my wife who couldn't be on time if you paid her... )

:facepalm: 4fs its annoying

Yagbod
09-10-2010, 03:32 PM
you have some good points....

but there's noting wrong with us showing up early...and get this push started off right...BIG GATEHERING AT JOES.....1PM FUEL UP!!!...2:30...WE MARCH!!!...3:00pm....we are outside the GATE..BUSTING TO GET IN!!!! 3:30 WE ARE IN FULL VOICE!!!!

FUK PREKI...FUK..MO.....

LET S PUSH OUR BOYS TO VICTORY!

Who's in?:drinking:

I like it, but this weekend we tailgate!!! Lets get there early and go into the statium early.

Yagbod
09-10-2010, 03:44 PM
From the Unfortunate Coincidences Department:

This is from the TFC game day hype email:

// IF YOU'RE COMING TO THE MATCH....
This match is presented by Metro. 10,000 lucky fans will receive a Metro gift card as they leave BMO Field at the end of the game.

Financial incentives to leave early!!! Someone's not listening to Preki......

twistedchinaman
09-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I don't live in Toronto but I have to agree...you want to keep me watching at home and not finding a rerun episode of Spongebob Squarepants more interesting than the game? START WINNING SOME OF 'EM.

Yes, I watch Spongebob Squarepants. I admit it.

backbeat
09-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Preki is right on with that comment - Supporters included. I've noticed a HUGE difference in the decline of the number of supporters in their seats by the time the game started.

Hell it used to be that when they announced the starting line-up the callout of their names was really loud - - now it's a whisper at best most games.

if you want to be at the game 15 minutes before you can, it's a decision, plain and simple - if this Satuday's game was on at 3 most would be there by 3:30 so why can't people be there for 3:45?? it's simply a choice and the choice these days says an awful lot about the declining interest level.

Rudi
09-10-2010, 03:49 PM
But don't blame the fans.
He didn't.

He simply mentioned something that has been mentioned ad nauseum on this board and others. TFC suffers the same Toronto sports fan syndrome as every other team in this city.

I don't get why this is such a big deal. Preki said he wants the fans there for the full 90 because his players feed off the energy. Is that really a big revelation?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I like it, but this weekend we tailgate!!! Lets get there early and go into the statium early.

:hump:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
He didn't.

He simply mentioned something that has been mentioned ad nauseum on this board and others. TFC suffers the same Toronto sports fan syndrome as every other team in this city.

I don't get why this is such a big deal. Preki said he wants the fans there for the full 90 because his players feed off the energy. Is that really a big revelation?

bingo....! Agree %100 is not a knock to the supporters!

the biggest coaches the biggest teams in the world call out to there supporters...good times and bad..

Us showing up early and pushing the lads....could be a boost we need!

denime
09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Good on him and unfortunately he is 100% right.

Even 111-112 last two games 15 minutes before game were EMPTY,and we call ourselves supporters.Yeah right.

Comparing to other countries where supporters full up the stands at least hour before the game and already chanting and singing during the team worm up ,we look like real prawn sandwich eaters.

Every single one of you who is using an excuse that" I'm late because of bad results" or had a comment like "it not his business" or look at Shitlimbus fans etc ,ask your self is it our business to bitch here every single day fire Mo,Preki this ,JDG that?

You call your self TFC supporters show up at least 30 minutes before the game in your seats,and start worming up with our players,or shut your pie hole and never whine on this board again,since you are just wannabee supporter and nothing else.

:rant:

Cashcleaner
09-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not really offended by anything Preki has said about the fans, but I find it odd that such a comment would even be made. Of course, all coaches say things like "it's important to get the fans behind us on this", but I've never heard a remark as specific as Preki. I wouldn't get worked up over it, but it's a bit odd to hear things put that way.

The only thing I would say in response to his comment is: "Well, what sort of fans would you prefer? Columbus fans? New England fans? KC fans?" TFC fans may be arriving late and leaving early, but when other MLS clubs start to shit their respective beds, the fans of those teams stop showing up altogether.

J .
09-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Its the fans in the stands that cause the should be wins into ties.

Maybe if the team showed up for a road game?

Anyway, I agree to an extent, but that is what you get with the prices of tickets and beer. The prawn crowd cares little about the game and is there to watch the atmosphere.

God knows no body who wants to have fun will sit mid way.

They should lower the prices of tickets and beer so people will go to the game, want to get their early to have a few pints instead of guzzling at the bar and hustling in late.

nascarguy
09-10-2010, 04:26 PM
you know what ass hole aka Preki you should just be lucky that all the out of town fans show up.

Dave67
09-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Just saw him say this on his media scrum this morning. He says the team needs our support down the stretch. I guess its more evident than just on this board that fan support is down this year.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2400

It's about 3:20 in for anyone who wants to watch it. It would be nice to see people in their seats and actually stay there for 90 minutes. Hell it seems like 1/4 the ones who bother to show up early spend a good percentage of their time getting beer & food.

Oh well it's Toronto. I think most people who go to any sporting event here go mainly so they can tell people at work they went & put it on their facebook.

Parkdale
09-10-2010, 05:05 PM
it was the CNE for our last 2 (3 if you count CMNT) games.

If he wants us to make excuses for late arrivals, we can. What's his excuse for our record?

Mango Kid
09-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah, let's take our cues from Mr. Enthusiasm himself.

How about worry about scoring a freaking goal instead of what we're doing in the stands? They keep up with this and he won't have to worry about people showing up late, he'll need to worry about people showing up at all...

Mango Kid
09-10-2010, 05:12 PM

This match is presented by Metro. 10,000 lucky fans will receive a Metro gift card as they leave BMO Field at the end of the game.

You can't write comedy this funny....

Afra
09-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Preki should worry about his players being there for the full 90 minutes first.

Parkdale
09-10-2010, 05:15 PM
but you know what..... I wish more people would be there on time. BUT I understand that life does happen, and things come up. That's life.

as far as it being the typical Toronto attitude.... sadly, it's accurate. A TFC game takes way less time to play than a Jays/Raps/Leafs game, so you figure people would want to make the most of it.

Mango Kid
09-10-2010, 05:18 PM
winning games helps...people become lackadaisical because the feel they aren't missing much.

In the scoring column, lately they aren't.

Otherwise blame the ttc and beer.

...and the clowns who cracked down on (real) tailgating in the parking lot. First year it was a full house come game time if I recall. There was no need to roll in from Liberty Village or wherever, you were steps away from the stadium and when Thin Lizzy's "Boys Are Back In Town" came on, it was "finish the beer, time to get in" for everyone around.

Torontotonto
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't think it's his concern to make comments about the supporters.
What's his excuse for our pathetic road record.
Score some goals, win some games, and build some excitement for the fans.

GBV
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Preki has no business talking about fan support.

that dude is a PR nightmare.
he'd be best off shutting up on such topics.

Blizzard
09-10-2010, 05:40 PM
He didn't.

Every coach has said how important the twelfth man is to the club. I share Preki's frustration. As Rudi says, this is not a revelation. We all know it is so.

It's a sad state of affairs.

B

Pookie
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM

All depends on how it is implemented.

If they don't give them away until after the whistle, no incentive to leave early.

Pookie
09-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Every coach has said how important the twelfth man is to the club. I share Preki's frustration. As Rudi says, this is not a revelation. We all know it is so.

It's a sad state of affairs.

B

Agreed.

I think that quite a few of those that are arguing against him saying the obvious are most likely uncomfortable at the idea of being called out.

Maybe, as a collective, we just like to hear about how we are good fans/supporters... even if it isn't true.

(note to Road Warriors, RPB Banner Volunteers, Capos, Drummers and anyone else who is obviously dedicated... I'm not pointing at you)

Alixir
09-10-2010, 05:55 PM
people probably just think that there is no reason to get there early due to the fact that TFC never score till the 2nd half :smilielol5:

wzhxvy
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
This is like some idiot at work who is doing a poor job and about to be fired complaining that his clients dont work hard and have short hours...who the f cares...do your job. Where is Mista Preki ? Lets talk about something that is relevant. I cant believe people think that because its coming out of his mouth, it validates the point. Of course people should be there early, we all know that...but coming from him its just idiotic.

Blizzard
09-10-2010, 06:32 PM
This is like some idiot at work who is doing a poor job and about to be fired complaining that his clients dont work hard and have short hours...who the f cares...do your job. Where is Mista Preki ? Lets talk about something that is relevant. I cant believe people think that because its coming out of his mouth, it validates the point. Of course people should be there early, we all know that...but coming from him its just idiotic.

I totally disagree. People are making too many mountains out of too many molehills. Preki spoke the truth. If the majority of the softcore supporters really gave a damn, they'd show up on time. His point about the twelfth man is totally valid.

BTW, if Mista starts tomorrow (as I believe he will), will people stop implying that something funny is going on?

Hitcho
09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
He didn't.

Agreed.

And as fans we should be getting there early and pumpng the energy from the get go when things are going rough for the team.

To all those people blaming the poor product for turning up late, what's the logical extension of that argument if things get worse? Starting to boo the team during play? Not turning up at all?

The coach is asking the fans to turn up and pump it for 90 minutes for a crunch game. Frankly I'd be worried if he DIDN'T do this.

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2010, 06:35 PM
He didn't.

THANK YOU.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Man alive.

- Scott

Suds
09-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Come to the tailgate. You'll have plenty of time to get into the stadium before kick-off. :D

Batman
09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Preki should worry about his players being there for the full 90 minutes first.

No truer statement has EVER been made on these boards.

Well said,

:scarf:

TFCRegina
09-10-2010, 07:27 PM
you know what ass hole aka Preki you should just be lucky that all the out of town fans show up.

You hate him because he's not a Croat like you.

T0R0NT0 FC
09-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Maybe if the product on the field was a bit more entertaining more people would come. The honeymoon is over, maybe MLSE should lower the prices to be more in line with the rest of the league.

wzhxvy
09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I totally disagree. People are making too many mountains out of too many molehills. Preki spoke the truth. If the majority of the softcore supporters really gave a damn, they'd show up on time. His point about the twelfth man is totally valid.

BTW, if Mista starts tomorrow (as I believe he will), will people stop implying that something funny is going on?

When people fail, they typically look for diversion or excuses...this is only the beginning...wait and see, many more excuses to come from Preki and Mo. Whether "softcore" supporters gave a damn or not, has no bearing on this team and their performance. I am not arguing the validity of the statement, but its irrelevant, and shows a lack of focus in my opinion.

Why did he not mention travelling support and how he appreciates that ? We have the best in the league...its just BS...why hasnt our presence and support everywhere they go not inspired them to win on the road ?...this is just bs....

And Mista wont start but he might get some minutes to appease the people that paid 900K for him, and us looking for him. But Garcia will be there...that we know.

Pookie
09-10-2010, 07:50 PM
When people fail, they typically look for diversion or excuses...this is only the beginning...wait and see, many more excuses to come from Preki and Mo. Whether "softcore" supporters gave a damn or not, has no bearing on this team and their performance. I am not arguing the validity of the statement, but its irrelevant, and shows a lack of focus in my opinion.

Why did he not mention travelling support and how he appreciates that ? We have the best in the league...its just BS...why hasnt our presence and support everywhere they go not inspired them to win on the road ?...this is just bs....

And Mista wont start but he might get some minutes to appease the people that paid 900K for him, and us looking for him. But Garcia will be there...that we know.

Everything said about Preki's tactics or decisions are irrelevant to the quote. It comes down to 2 things.

1. Preki is right, TFC fans in general, show up late and leave early. There is no disputing that. That might hurt some egos but those are facts.

2. The debate as to whether it matters.

If you don't think it matters, that's fine. You are effectively saying that fan support and the environment have no influence at all on the outcome of the match. (ie. no influence on calls, no intimidation, no opportunity to get an opponent off their game... even if just for a second)

It could well be true that there is none. Though I am curious why analysts talk about a "good road result" being a draw. If there is no influence at all, why is a draw a good result on the road?

If there is an influence, then doesn't Preki have a point? Shouldn't we be in the stadium and setting the tone before the players even take to the field?

nascarguy
09-10-2010, 07:53 PM
You hate him because he's not a Croat like you.
hell I'm not croat I'm dutch:drinking:

nascarguy
09-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Maybe if the product on the field was a bit more entertaining more people would come. The honeymoon is over, maybe MLSE should lower the prices to be more in line with the rest of the league.
time for 2$ tuesday's ....lol

TFCRegina
09-10-2010, 07:56 PM
hell I'm not croat I'm dutch:drinking:

ND YOU support lamesauce Croatia? Lame.

Carts
09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Everything said about Preki's tactics or decisions are irrelevant to the quote. It comes down to 2 things.

1. Preki is right, TFC fans in general, show up late and leave early. There is no disputing that. That might hurt some egos but those are facts.

2. The debate as to whether it matters.

If you don't think it matters, that's fine. You are effectively saying that fan support and the environment have no influence at all on the outcome of the match. (ie. no influence on calls, no intimidation, no opportunity to get an opponent off their game... even if just for a second)

It could well be true that there is none. Though I am curious why analysts talk about a "good road result" being a draw. If there is no influence at all, why is a draw a good result on the road?

If there is an influence, then doesn't Preki have a point? Shouldn't we be in the stadium and setting the tone before the players even take to the field?

All of Toronto sports teams deal with this...

Its not "...TFC fans show up late..." its "...Toronto sports fans show up late..." ...

I hate it as much as all of you - but honestly, the Maple Leafs or Raptors could be in Game-7 of the finals, and you'd see empty seats at the start, and even more at the start of a period or 2nd half...

Carts...

Heart of Stone
09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Next year for 4:00pm start times put 3:30pm on all the tickets ... problem solved.

nascarguy
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
the honeymoon was over last season ...

Hitcho
09-10-2010, 08:04 PM
No, the solution is to have TFC score at the following pre-determined times in the game:

2 mins

45+2 mins

47 mins

90+3 mins

Problem solved.

jimiv
09-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I've been down early a few times and have been forced to wait for the gates to open, by the time I get beers and up to my seat the game has started... Perhaps if the gates opened earlier and the beer flowed sooner (and cheaper) fans would be in the seats sooner....

Chevy
09-10-2010, 08:12 PM
^^ I'll take just one of the above.

Globetrotter
09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Where to threads get "moved" to? I made one yesterday and it says "moved", however i click it, and in a proper forum it should take you to where it is moved to, however here it says i dont have the permissions to view it. i created the thread. was it deleted? if so, why? i've created 2 threads before, both were "moved" and never seen or heard from again. what's going on?

andyc
09-10-2010, 08:23 PM
No, the solution is to have TFC score at the following pre-determined times in the game:

2 mins

45+2 mins

47 mins

90+3 mins

Problem solved.

Let's start with TFC scoring... :)

razor787
09-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Where to threads get "moved" to? I made one yesterday and it says "moved", however i click it, and in a proper forum it should take you to where it is moved to, however here it says i dont have the permissions to view it. i created the thread. was it deleted? if so, why? i've created 2 threads before, both were "moved" and never seen or heard from again. what's going on?

Usually they get merged with an existing topic i believe. I cannot say that in your case. Why post that here though? Something wrong with making your own topic?

And as for the preki issue, I dont know what we can do about getting asses in seats. The only possible way would be to have giveaways. Invite sponsors in to give away products. First 10k that come get a free shick razor, or something else. And closer to the end of the season, TFC can give away some merch of theirs that just isnt selling. But make a cutoff time, of 10 mins or so before kickoff.

OR even have people going into the stands minutes before kickoff, handing out some merch to people that are already in the stands. Might get people to get there faster.

Its not likely to happen though. But it might get some people in.

Hitcho
09-10-2010, 08:54 PM

as a registered user you only get access to certain forums. if your thread got moved into a frum that you don't have access to, you won't be able to view it. PM a mod if you have an issue, they're usually pretty helpful about this kind of thing. although don't argue with Roogsy, it will swallow your life whole if you do... :D

rocker
09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Good for Preki.. I wish he was there to scream at the assholes who come late to my row... then they leave 10 minutes later for beer and food... then come back 10 minutes in the second half.. and then leave again for beer... and then leave early when the game is close.

I fucking get there when the gates open. I watch the warmups. I stay until the final whistle and let everyone else run down the aisle as if they have to get somewhere.

It's Saturday.. there's no excuse for tardiness at 4pm on a Saturday. And then after.. where you gotta be at 6pm on a Saturday? Good parties don't start til 11 anyways.

Globetrotter
09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Usually they get merged with an existing topic i believe. I cannot say that in your case. Why post that here though? Something wrong with making your own topic?

Yes something is wrong with making my own topic, that's what I am posting about!! Every time I have created a new thread, "the regime" comes along and sends it to Siberia. So creating a new thread saying "where'd my old thread go" would likely be tossed as well. I think my phone must be tapped... they're really onto me.

as a registered user you only get access to certain forums. if your thread got moved into a frum that you don't have access to, you won't be able to view it. PM a mod if you have an issue, they're usually pretty helpful about this kind of thing. although don't argue with Roogsy, it will swallow your life whole if you do... :D

Thanks for the info. The topic was news, comments that Rohan Ricketts made. If that's a private conversation for registered users... well I don't know what to say about that.

backbeat
09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
holy Christo people!!!

it's like f'n excuse after excuse

are you interested in TFC and/or football or aren't you?

if you are

BE AT the MATCH 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE GAME

if not SHUT THE F*#K UP!!

or something like that...:drinking: :drum: :flare: :scarf: <3

razor787
09-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Yes something is wrong with making my own topic, that's what I am posting about!! Every time I have created a new thread, "the regime" comes along and sends it to Siberia. So creating a new thread saying "where'd my old thread go" would likely be tossed as well. I think my phone must be tapped... they're really onto me.

Thanks for the info. The topic was news, comments that Rohan Ricketts made. If that's a private conversation for registered users... well I don't know what to say about that.

It was moved to the international football forum. Which is a RPB only section. I believe its RPB only because there were some people that got too heated about talking about their international clubs, so it was locked away from the main users. There were some other reasons as well, but I do believe thats the main one. You wanna see the forum, get to the pub an hour later, and spend the $20 you saved on a RPB membership :P

AL-MO
09-10-2010, 09:48 PM
holy Christo people!!!

if you are

YESSSSSS!!!

ilikemusic
09-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Fuck Preki. Who the fuck does he think he is?! Where the fuck does he think he is coaching?!

Did we lose in Dallas because of their fans who showed up so early and stayed for a full 90? Were our boys intimidated by their forceful show of support?

"The refs are against us! Lets make a video mocking them. The fans dont show up on time. Lets call them out!"

This is some pathetic behaviour from a 'professional' football club.

Go fuck yourself Preki.

ensco
09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Doesn't he have other priorities?

andyc
09-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I've finally seen the light... The whole reason we haven't made the playoffs in the last 4 years is entirely due to the fans tardiness....

Fuck off Preki and MLSinToronto for your idiotic Tweet.

I hate the fact that the stadium is empty for the first 10 minutes and people leave early but given the fact the fans are the poster child of the league how can Preki call us out?? Take a look at the video - while he was talking he turned and specifically looked at the south end.

This wasn't an encouraging call to action - Preki's comments were self serving and whiny... Any competent communicator would be able to put this in a positive manner however our Rain-man of a coach chooses to throw stones not build consensus... Time to take the microphone away from this man...

Then we can look at whether the pathetic brand of football we play is acceptable and start looking for a new GM and coach.

Hard work is essential but not the only component required from an MLS team...

habstfc
09-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Despite what you think of the guy he is 100% right on. I don't really have a problem with people leaving early, I am guilty of that occasionally. It's a bitch gettting out of the parking lot after games because it seems everbody's going west on to the gardiner. What pisses me off is people coming in 5, 10, 20 minutes late. It seems every minute or so I have to move so people coming in late can get past me in my row. I will leave brantford for the game about 1 30 tomorrow to get there with plenty of time to spare, If I can do it why can't everyone?

ilikemusic
09-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Despite what you think of the guy he is 100% right on. I don't really have a problem with people leaving early, I am guilty of that occasionally. It's a bitch gettting out of the parking lot after games because it seems everbody's going west on to the gardiner. What pisses me off is people coming in 5, 10, 20 minutes late. It seems every minute or so I have to move so people coming in late can get past me in my row. I will leave brantford for the game about 1 30 tomorrow to get there with plenty of time to spare, If I can do it why can't everyone?

Because people have lives.

Please, call out the RPB's on this board who at one time or another have had to arrive late or leave early. Whip out your supporter cock and have a big dick measuring competition.

This topic has been discussed to death on this board.

Regardless what cunt Preki says we have more people in our stadium at kickoff than 90% of the league gets period.

This is just another excuse from a pathetic franchise that would probably get routed by our national womens team.

Im not renewing my season tickets. Im not paying several hundred bucks just to get chirped by a manager desperate to deflect attention from his horrible record.

DangerRed
09-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Wow, the balls on this guy.

For you to call the fans out when your team is about to shit itself out of the playoffs and has scored one goal in the last five league games is unbelievable.

With all due respect, shut the fuck up and try to do your job better than you are currently.

Rudi
09-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Good God, Preki says the same thing EVERYONE has said at one time or another and people here go insane about it.

Posts like "maybe he should worry more about winning" are gold. You don't think he worries about winning? FFS, give your head a shake.

He spoke on the attendance issue for maybe 30 seconds TOTAL, in a media scrum where he's asked to give his thoughts on things, and that was it. It's not like he went on some tirade on the subject, nor did he blame the "softcore" for the team's performances.

All he did was plea for those people whop actually paid for tickets to actually show up on time and see the game through the end. Apparently that makes him an asshole...

As someone else said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Sheesh.

denime
09-11-2010, 05:28 AM
holy Christo people!!!

if you are

What he said !:drum::flare::scarf::flare::drum:

SHOW UP OR SHUT UP !

Bluenose13
09-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Because people have lives.

Please, call out the RPB's on this board who at one time or another have had to arrive late or leave early. Whip out your supporter cock and have a big dick measuring competition.

This topic has been discussed to death on this board.

Regardless what cunt Preki says we have more people in our stadium at kickoff than 90% of the league gets period.

This is just another excuse from a pathetic franchise that would probably get routed by our national womens team.

Im not renewing my season tickets. Im not paying several hundred bucks just to get chirped by a manager desperate to deflect attention from his horrible record.What a crock of shit.......If you get there in time, he's not talking to you.....If not figure it out or don't renew your tickets & arrive 20 minutes late to your TV. Either way stop your Whining FFS.

scooter
09-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Why are people taking offence at this? He didn't say anything negative about the fan support, he just called on everyone to get to the stadium for kick off instead of 20 minutes after kick off. It's not like he's the only one to mention it either - people are always complaining on these boards about it and we've even had threads about getting extra GO Trains lined up to help do something about it.

Every manager calls on the fans to up the noise and tempo when the team is facing a crunch home game. Benitez used to do it all the time at Liverpool, especially before European games, and Capello has done it for England. It happens all the time.

Seriously guys, I would take this as a call to arms rather than a kick in the face. It's not like Preki is some soft spoken prince of subtlety. In his own way, he's trying to rally the troops.

And if you don;t want to be called out for arriing late and leaving early, then make sure you're guilty of neither! :D (And also pay a visit to the CEO of GO Transit with a baseball bat and a request for additional Lakeshore line trains on game days)

x2

thats exactly how i took it too -- preki is asking for the casual fans to up there level of support and get behind the team and get things rocking
in no way did he mean anything bad about rpb
the team loves our support

and yes a couple of wins sure would help :drum:

all for one :scarf:

Oldtimer
09-11-2010, 08:31 AM
It was moved to the international football forum.

It was moved because, while it quotes a former TFC player, it's not TFC or MLS news. It really relates to Wayne Rooney's escapades, which is International Football.

Rather than worry that there is a "regime" out there to keep you from posting, just PM the friendly mods. We can answer your questions!

OT

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I just watched it again, and this is just a classic pump up move.

There's no malice in his words, just a challenge for ALL of the BMO Field to be filled EARLY. 20,000 people in the first minute is way more intimidating then 10,000 fans, with another 10,000 trickling in.

He's also talked about scoring goals from midfield, something I think needs to be worked on.

All things said and done, Preki does sound like he's on the right path, and if you take the group and give them all that preseason together, the friendlies and the trip to Florida and whatnot, they learn about each other and team chemistry grows. The group needs to grow together and that's why I personally think it's imperative not to lose Preki for next year.

Super
09-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Good God, Preki says the same thing EVERYONE has said at one time or another and people here go insane about it.

Posts like "maybe he should worry more about winning" are gold. You don't think he worries about winning? FFS, give your head a shake.

He spoke on the attendance issue for maybe 30 seconds TOTAL, in a media scrum where he's asked to give his thoughts on things, and that was it. It's not like he went on some tirade on the subject, nor did he blame the "softcore" for the team's performances.

All he did was plea for those people whop actually paid for tickets to actually show up on time and see the game through the end. Apparently that makes him an asshole...

Sheesh.

QFT!

Redboy11
09-11-2010, 09:12 AM
so are we gona be rocking by warmups????:noidea::drinking:I'm with ya Scotty...Fucking bullshit most of this thread. Fucking crying about a coach asking fans to be on time and loud. If your a fan then get the fuck there early and fucking stop bitching. If you already do then he isn't talking to you anyways. Bunch of fucking rocket scientists around here. Christ!!!

koryo
09-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Preki's not wrong. The ground is normally half full (at best) at kick-off. That said, his team doesn't always show up (on time or no) either.

nascarguy
09-11-2010, 09:31 AM

Sheesh.but all it takes is 30 sec to say something to pissoff someone all ready mad...

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Is it just me or has anyone realized that Toronto only score after 30 minutes?

AL-MO
09-11-2010, 10:30 AM
LOL just watched the video.

How is this even an issue for some people??

Pookie
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
LOL just watched the video.

How is this even an issue for some people??

Cognitive Dissonance
: feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time. To relieve the tension people may change their attitudes, beliefs, and actions. Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying.

Belief: I am hardcore

Fact: You get there late and leave early

Realization: I am a part time fan. No better than a Jays, Leafs or Raptors fan

Reaction: Preki is an asshole (for pointing out the obvious). F' him. I'm still hardcore... play better an maybe I'd go earlier... Preki is a shit for brains.. but I'm still not going to wait in traffic, plus I want to get one of those after game free boxes of pasta before anyone else does... how's that for hardcore you mother fuckers?!?!

ArmenJBX
09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Cognitive Dissonance
: feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time. To relieve the tension people may change their attitudes, beliefs, and actions. Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying.

Reaction: Preki is an asshole (for pointing out the obvious). F' him. I'm still hardcore... play better an maybe I'd go earlier... shit for brains.. but I'm still not going to wait in traffic, plus I want to get one of those free boxes of pasta before anyone else does... how's that for hardcore you mother fuckers?!?!

A well thought out and perfectly reasoned argument, good sir. You have just earned yourself a cookie.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/06/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

rocker
09-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I've been down early a few times and have been forced to wait for the gates to open, by the time I get beers and up to my seat the game has started... Perhaps if the gates opened earlier and the beer flowed sooner (and cheaper) fans would be in the seats sooner....

what games were these? I've been to almost every game this season and Gate 1 never opened later than 1 hour before the game. 1 hour is long enough to get beers and to your seat.

sidvan
09-11-2010, 11:58 AM
what games were these? I've been to almost every game this season and Gate 1 never opened later than 1 hour before the game. 1 hour is long enough to get beers and to your seat.

It has hapened twice to me that the gates haven't been opened on time. Never got a clear answer from anyone why it was delayed other than "technical issues".

denime
09-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Cognitive Dissonance

Reaction: Preki is an asshole (for pointing out the obvious). F' him. I'm still hardcore... play better an maybe I'd go earlier... Preki is a shit for brains.. but I'm still not going to wait in traffic, plus I want to get one of those after game free boxes of pasta before anyone else does... how's that for hardcore you mother fuckers?!?!

OUCH !:hurray::hurray::hurray:

bones
09-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Well this supporter won't be there at all this game because I can't find my tickets post house move :(

No problem you say? Just go online and print your ticket.....
YeeaaNO, window closes 2 hours prior to kickoff
No problem you say? Just call them up, they're in the office right up to kickoff
YeeaaNO, I've been calling off and on for over an hour and it rings about 8 times then goes to a "sorry our office is closed, leave a message and blah blah blah"

So needless to say, 1 less supporter with bleeding lungs post game won't be there, guess Preki won't like that ;)

Bones...

ilikemusic
09-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Well this supporter won't be there at all this game because I can't find my tickets post house move :(

No problem you say? Just call them up, they're in the office right up to kickoff
YeeaaNO, I've been calling off and on for over an hour and it rings about 8 times then goes to a "sorry our office is closed, leave a message and blah blah blah"

So needless to say, 1 less supporter with bleeding lungs post game won't be there, guess Preki won't like that ;)

Bones...

Its people like you who are costing this team a chance at the playoffs! :rolleyes:

Blizzard
09-11-2010, 07:00 PM

Bones...

All you had to do was show up at the box office with your season ticket ID and the credit card of record and they would print a new one for you.

It costs $5 but what the hey.

B

Afra
09-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Hey Preki - I stuck around until the end for you. Good thing as I would have missed the goal. . .

Waggy
09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
There never seems to be much of a line-up before the game starts. At Gate 5, often they are standing there with no one to check.

Perhaps if TFC is so concerned, they could adjust the timing, so the game doesn't end 10 minutes after the hourly westbound GO Train leaves, or 2 minutes before the hourly eastbound GO Train leaves. Or kick-off isn't the same time that the eastbound GO arrives.

Perhaps if TFC is so concerned they could try to field a team that shows up for a full 90 minutes before complaining about fans not

Darlofletch
09-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, Preki was right about this one. which is nice, cos he had a whole load of wrong going on today.

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Preki it's all Julius James' fault. He cleared out the stadium today. What a prick that guy is.

habstfc
09-11-2010, 10:11 PM
My brother and I were in our seats about 15 minutes before kickoff, I guess I have no life along with the rest of us who were there before 4 pm. Only people arriving late to their seats must have lives. What an idiotic argument.

Phil
09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I think the way to go about this is to say....

"we need fan support for 90 minutes in an important game"

The way it came out in that was a bit harsh.

Roogsy
09-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Late or not, at least the fans show up.

Somebody wake me when this team shows up.

Blizzard
09-12-2010, 12:15 AM
I think the way to go about this is to say....

"we need fan support for 90 minutes in an important game"

The way it came out in that was a bit harsh.

It would also make more sense if Dichio did it.

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 12:59 AM

Agreed. I'm not upset with it, I show up early for any games I go to and I leave after the boys have walked off the field, but who is Preki to say that its the fans that need to play their role? How about M.Santos / Mista / OBW / scoring some goals for fuck's sake?

What's the goalless streak at now? 500'+?

ilikemusic
09-12-2010, 02:53 AM

I think thats a really good point. Regardless of how each of them might have spit the words out, there would be a big difference between Preki saying it and Dichio saying it. Preki is the coach and should be concerned with his lineup and his game preparation, not the punctuality of Toronto sports fans.

Toronto sports fans are renowned for their tardiness. We have been for years. If Preki thinks he has provided the kind of product that will (much less deserves to) change that, then he is simply delusional.

This is just another excuse in an ever growing list. If it isnt the playing surface then it is the refs; and if it isnt the refs then it is the advantage of New York acquiting good players like Henry Angel and Marquez, and if it isnt specific players then it is the fans at home; and if it isnt the fans at home then it is the schedule makers.

I am sure before we see the end of Preki and Mo we will hear about how the salary cap has hurt us, we will hear about the domestic player problem, a lack of goal line technology, a need for a fifth official, too much stoppage time, not enough stoppage time, poor weather, a lack of home games, complications from travel, poor equipment, avian flu, mad cow disease, tennis elbow, joggers nipple, and of course...fixture congestion.

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 02:57 AM
^ In fairness to Preki, Jogger's nipple does suck.

gtaguy
09-12-2010, 07:11 AM
fuk preki . he has no say as to what time i decide to arrive at BMO or what time i leave. After the shitshow yesterday not even the fans in the stands would have helped get a win . With each passing game im losing hope on this club and am losing interest.
Message to Preki: Concentrate on making the squad a collective group of players with winning mentalities instead of worrying what time we the fans arrive or depart the stadium...

Pookie
09-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Toronto sports fans are renowned for their tardiness.

Give it up.

We aren't talking about "Toronto Sports Fans", we are talking about "Toronto FC fans."

300 of us drove 10 hours in the rain to spend a weekend with the team in New England. We weren't tardy. We got there days early.

To throw your hands up and paint everyone with this lame ass brush is an insult.

SGs have created a culture that that doesn't exist in any other Toronto sport. Cooperation is unprecedented, from banners and chants to tifos and sit downs with the FO. SGs took a stand early on against ticket scalping and have created an at (or below) cost market place for the benefit of the collective.

Rather than mocking Preki for speaking the truth you should be mocking (instead of excusing) those that ride our coattails when it is convenient.

It's 90 minutes of soccer. If there is someone that feels their attendance for the full 90 isn't necessary... I'd agree. Get the fuck out.

Parkdale
09-12-2010, 07:36 AM
oh....

and who made the fucking call to show some fans walking out
from the camera in the concourse ON THE VIDEO BOARD during the game?!?!?!

what was the point of that? That's some bad forum right there.

Mango Kid
09-12-2010, 07:43 AM
ND YOU support lamesauce Croatia? Lame.

He "hates" Preki because he's (allegedly, but not) Croatian, but you can go "lamesauce"?

nfitz
09-12-2010, 10:26 AM
oh....

what was the point of that? That's some bad forum right there.That did seem odd. Did they only do it the once ... I confess I left at the 92nd minute when that player was down on the pitch (sorry ... couldn't bring myself to being on TTC with people ... and I caught the 6 pm GO in solitude).

Huyton
09-12-2010, 01:12 PM
There's a couple of things that Preki should do, and that's to make his team go to the supporters sections and thank us for what we do.

And I don't mean a half-hearter "turn from the centre circle and clap you hands over your head a couple of times" sort of thing either.

Preki, do you want a love affair between the team and the supporters? Tell your team to go say thanks to us for being there in the wind and the rain, the sleet and the blazing sun and humidity, through massive traffic jams, and when we stand and sing, clap, cheer, wave our flags and bang our drums for 90 minutes.

I was late once for one game this season, and that was because I'd been to a Milltown FC Reserves game at 1pm, a Milltown FC game at 4 PM, and then had to get to BMO Field for the 7pm game. I made it in time to sing for Dichio.

I stay after every game and unless it's really late and I have to work the following day, I go and have a beer at the north end to let the traffic die down and talk about the game.

I loved Danny Dichio for the exact same level of commitment. I just have this awful feeling that Preki doesn't share our passion.

ilikemusic
09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Give it up.

We aren't talking about "Toronto Sports Fans", we are talking about "Toronto FC fans."

300 of us drove 10 hours in the rain to spend a weekend with the team in New England. We weren't tardy. We got there days early.

To throw your hands up and paint everyone with this lame ass brush is an insult.

SGs have created a culture that that doesn't exist in any other Toronto sport. Cooperation is unprecedented, from banners and chants to tifos and sit downs with the FO. SGs took a stand early on against ticket scalping and have created an at (or below) cost market place for the benefit of the collective.

Rather than mocking Preki for speaking the truth you should be mocking (instead of excusing) those that ride our coattails when it is convenient.

It's 90 minutes of soccer. If there is someone that feels their attendance for the full 90 isn't necessary... I'd agree. Get the fuck out.

There are hundreds of people who show up an hour early for Maple Leaf games, and who travel hundreds of miles to watch the Leafs on the road. Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Just because these Leaf fans dont call themselves a 'supporters group' doesnt mean that the Red Patch Boys or U-Sector invented loyalty and passion.

I dont even care particularly who Preki was directing his comments at. What I found so offensive is that this is just another in a long line of excuses that Preki has been throwing out.

The fact that they had just lost in Dallas, in front of friends and family, just made his comments all the more ludicrous.

Mikey
09-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Meh, bring on 2011 and "preki who?"

ltrain09
09-12-2010, 03:57 PM
hey guys, new to the forum, long time supporter.

the problem lies on both sides. There's far far too many wavering fans that only turn up to a winning team. If people realized that if we filled BMO field, created a ultimate hostel environment, the team can respond to that. From opening kickoff to the full time whistle, the stadium needs to be a hostel ground to opposing teams.

theres just not enough atmosphere in the stadium. you've got the part of the north end and the south end. thats basically it. The worst thing they could have done is add that north end addition. The beer garden was a unique thing at BMO, and now we've got the over priced seats at the half line 1/2 empty throughout the game, and we've got a 1/4 of that new north end full.

Should have kept the beer gardens and forced them to fill up the stadium. If (and I use that term loosely) we make the playoffs, have a successful season, THEN put the addition on.

Do we not learn anything from the Blue Jays? Fans will leave a team that offers them nothing, and leave the stadium empty. If TFCs not carefull, they're gonna have a Jays effect where you get that group of hardcore fans show up, and a few thousand of lingering fans, and half your stadiums empty. Now, a good part of this lands of the team and players, but as we've seen in the early part of the season, they can be a good team. I think if they had the fan support at home like they should, we'd be talking about our 1st round opponents, and not a lack of support

ManUtd4ever
09-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Even if there were a total of 5,000 fans in attendance yesterday it wouldn't have excused TFC's performance in such a crucial match against a weak opponent. I am not embarassed to admit that for the first time ever, I left a few minutes early yesterday to get a head start on traffic rather than subject myself to another second of that shite. It was also the worst atmosphere I can remember at BMO Field. Why? The level of play on the pitch literally sucked the life out of the stadium, that's why...

backbeat
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM
hey guys, new to the forum, long time supporter.

the problem lies on both sides. There's far far too many wavering fans that only turn up to a winning team. If people realized that if we filled BMO field, created a ultimate hostel environment, the team can respond to that. From opening kickoff to the full time whistle, the stadium needs to be a hostel ground to opposing teams.

theres just not enough atmosphere in the stadium. you've got the part of the north end and the south end. thats basically it. The worst thing they could have done is add that north end addition. The beer garden was a unique thing at BMO, and now we've got the over priced seats at the half line 1/2 empty throughout the game, and we've got a 1/4 of that new north end full.

Should have kept the beer gardens and forced them to fill up the stadium. If (and I use that term loosely) we make the playoffs, have a successful season, THEN put the addition on.

Do we not learn anything from the Blue Jays? Fans will leave a team that offers them nothing, and leave the stadium empty. If TFCs not carefull, they're gonna have a Jays effect where you get that group of hardcore fans show up, and a few thousand of lingering fans, and half your stadiums empty. Now, a good part of this lands of the team and players, but as we've seen in the early part of the season, they can be a good team. I think if they had the fan support at home like they should, we'd be talking about our 1st round opponents, and not a lack of support

I actually like the new north end stands - there is still a 'mini' beer garden but i really prefer the look with the north stand - they do need to lowere the ticket price however!!

the atmosphere has been slipping of late, you're right - we need a few things - a much more creative team to watch, that's wins enough - and fans that actually attempt to set their game clocks back a half hour and get there BEFORE the game and can actually participate like we all used to when the team was being announced and the WHOLE crowd would call out their name rather than the whispers that are now emitted AND we could actually sing the anthem with pride. now only a handful are there....sad

ltrain09
09-12-2010, 10:31 PM
... and can actually participate like we all used to when the team was being announced and the WHOLE crowd would call out their name rather than the whispers that are now emitted AND we could actually sing the anthem with pride. now only a handful are there....sad

True. Like you said, its the little things. It starts with a few lower ticket prices at midfield, the crowd raising their scarfs up in the beginning and singing the anthem. Slowly it will snowball and you'll hear a few random songs or chants every now and then, and before you know it, BAM, the atmospheres back.

Hopefully, with a stronger atmosphere comes a better product on the field. Like a lot of people have said, this team, coach, and management are running out of excuses. The LAST thing you want to do is start blaming the people that fill the seats...

Blizzard
09-14-2010, 12:54 AM
oh....

what was the point of that? That's some bad forum right there.

It looked like switcher finger trouble to me. I've got a pal who is a permitee at 58 and he told me they have a new switcher at BMO and that there had recently been some training classes. He attended one of them. It was up so briefly, I'm kind of doubting it was on purpose. That's the first time I've ever seen that camera angle.

TFC07
09-14-2010, 02:05 AM
It looked like switcher finger trouble to me. I've got a pal who is a permitee at 58 and he told me they have a new switcher at BMO and that there had recently been some training classes. He attended one of them. It was up so briefly, I'm kind of doubting it was on purpose. That's the first time I've ever seen that camera angle.

You're probably right, but I have a gut feeling it wasn't an accident. To be honest, I am glad they show fans leaving early. If the team isn't going to show up then why should the fans? Sends a clear message to ML$E and TFC FO if they haven't realize it by now.

Brooker
09-14-2010, 05:57 AM
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=135620

nfitz
09-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Interesting.

Though one of the comments is
As they leave they should have the date and time stamped on their forehead in indelible ink - so they can be identified and not admitted until ten minutes after kick off for the next game. which makes me think that they don't have quite the same problem at the beginning of the game.

DichioTFC
09-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Hey Preki, how do you like our tardiness now?
:D

Pookie
09-15-2010, 06:11 AM
^ That's funny.

But having the stadium looking like Columbus... which it does... isn't so funny.