PDA

View Full Version : I bought a beer next to Robert at the Jay's game last night

Pinkie
06-25-2008, 11:18 AM
he bought a Blue in case you're wondering

was also eating a hot dog

would coach carver agree with this diet?

Wagner
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
did you say "Bonjour"??

Parkdale
06-25-2008, 11:23 AM

oh no....

we're facing New England this weekend and Robert is tied up in someone's basement?

TorontoFC_Matt
06-25-2008, 11:23 AM

YES HE WOULD, read the article in the Toronto Sun today. I am sure it is in the news thread.... about being at the beach and having a hot dog or two

haha

werewolf
06-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Did you chant "OH WHEN THE REDS!" or "COME ON YOU REDS!", if it was ever appropriate at a baseball game in Toronto, that would be it.

ExiledRed
06-25-2008, 11:25 AM
You mean he had a 'bleu'

MG42
06-25-2008, 11:25 AM
http://www.leblogfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/laurent_robert.jpg

Pinkie
06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
unfortunately like a GIRL i just stared at him awestruck
also he was there with the fam...so i didn't want to bother him...?
and then spent the entire game staring at him(as he was sitting in my section)

AL-MO
06-25-2008, 11:45 AM
You're french, he's french you should have gone and talked to him!

I wonder what he thought of the blowout last night?!?

akoto
06-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Wow! That was creepy. Do people actually rock the banana hammocks still?

rocker
06-25-2008, 11:48 AM
unfortunately like a GIRL i just stared at him awestruck
also he was there with the fam...

how's his wife look?

Pinkie
06-25-2008, 11:52 AM
wife is ok..kids are adorable(i fucking sound so stalkerish)

well i am pretty shy sometimes and i am now kicking myself for not getting him to autograph my french flag

also he seemed to have fun?

also really hot in real life.... :D

MG42
06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
wife is ok..kids are adorable(i fucking sound so stalkerish)

well i am pretty shy sometimes and i am now kicking myself for not getting him to autograph my french flag

also he seemed to have fun?

also really hot in real life.... :D

you had a french flag at a jays game?

http://www.nufc.com/images/2004-05images/2005-05-15sjp-3.jpg

werewolf
06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
you carry around French flags to baseball games? Or do you just mean a generic white piece of cloth ;)

905shmick
06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
you carry around French flags to baseball games? Or do you just mean a generic white piece of cloth ;)

Hahahahahahaha.

T0R0NT0 FC
06-25-2008, 12:09 PM

:jaw: Oh My... that's the deep burn! :reddevil:

Wagner
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM

ooooh snap!!
WW2 smack.

MrHawk
06-25-2008, 12:25 PM

werewolf88 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Oldtimer
06-25-2008, 12:26 PM

:lol:

best one I've seen on an RPB Board since the first board.

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-25-2008, 12:26 PM
robear? robear? its robert, say it right

ill kill you, ill kill all of you......especially those of you in the jury

Rawkus_420
06-25-2008, 12:27 PM

HAHAHHA shit thats good stuff.

MrHawk
06-25-2008, 12:29 PM
robear? robear? its robert, say it right

ill kill you, ill kill all of you......especially those of you in the jury

Get back here Frenchy, I'm not through demeaning you

GrimsbyTown
06-25-2008, 12:32 PM

ROTFLMFAO

Funny shit.

Raging Reggie
06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
^ agreed funny shit haha

i wonder if he understands baseball at all? He probably understands baseball like i understand cricket

SilverSamurai
06-25-2008, 01:09 PM
^ agreed funny shit haha

i wonder if he understands baseball at all? He probably understands baseball like i understand cricket

It was pretty funny.
He was prob bored out of his mind. Prob figured it was the same as staying and spending time w/ the kids. Well it is the same, not like theirs anything exciting to watch at the Dome. lol

GeorgeB
06-25-2008, 01:11 PM
It was pretty funny.
He was prob bored out of his mind. Prob figured it was the same as staying and spending time w/ the kids. Well it is the same, not like theirs anything exciting to watch at the Dome. lolatleast he picked a good day to go ,because the jays won 14-1.best hitting display of the season.maybe Robert was good luck,maybe it was Pinkie lol

CretanBull
06-25-2008, 01:23 PM

Bravo, Mr. Werewolf, very well done!

pekduck
06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
sorry... call me oblivious, uneducated, ignorant or whatever, why the big trashing of the French? :hide:

T_Mizz
06-25-2008, 01:36 PM
did he start a fight on behalf of toonie tuesday?

giambac
06-25-2008, 01:38 PM
It was pretty funny.
He was prob bored out of his mind. Prob figured it was the same as staying and spending time w/ the kids. Well it is the same, not like theirs anything exciting to watch at the Dome. lol

Probaly as bored as the TFC fans on saturday watching the KC game:cool:

Raging Reggie
06-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Probaly as bored as the TFC fans on saturday watching the KC game:cool:

hahaha, ouch i can feel roberts pain then. I wonder when anyone slide into a base with there studs up if he was asking himself "where is the yellow??? that must be a straight red! This ref is a wanker!"

Pinkie
06-25-2008, 01:50 PM
this is hilarious:P
he actually was having lots of fun..did the seven inning strech...again here i look stalkerish..:P
also werewolf...really you couldn't have come up with something more original..i'm a little disapointed...:rolleyes:

and i had my french flag in purse leftover from the euro...

Cambridge_Red
06-25-2008, 01:57 PM
sorry... call me oblivious, uneducated, ignorant or whatever, why the big trashing of the French? :hide:

Check history books May 10 1940

TFCREDNWHITE
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
this is hilarious:P
he actually was having lots of fun..did the seven inning strech...again here i look stalkerish..:P
also werewolf...really you couldn't have come up with something more original..i'm a little disapointed...:rolleyes:

and i had my french flag in purse leftover from the euro...

Girls carry EVERYTHING in their purse! i'm suprised you didn't have your own robert bobble-head doll in their also!

section105
06-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I locked up when when I saw Greg Sutton at Dog Hill in High Park - same deal.

pekduck
06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
so the French was too chickened to pull an offensive on german when they had a chance and then crumbled like a headless rooster, the just decided to wave the white flag?

http://worldwar2database.com/html/france_40.htm

Check history books May 10 1940

jimiv
06-25-2008, 06:26 PM

Holy fuck, I can't stop laughing, that's awsome!!!:smilielol5:

MrHawk
06-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Girls carry EVERYTHING in their purse! i'm suprised you didn't have your own robert bobble-head doll in their also!

My gf has everything in her huge thief Guess purses.

wallet, cell phone, water, candy, sunglasses (multiple pairs) food.

I think you could fit a small dog in her purse

Dirk Diggler
06-25-2008, 06:40 PM

Funniest shit anyone will ever post on this board. Fact.

Daveisonfire
06-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I locked up when when I saw Greg Sutton at Dog Hill in High Park - same deal.

You didn't happen to eat any bread on the ground that day did you?:eek:

Azerban
06-25-2008, 10:10 PM

It takes skill to make an old joke funny again (see: everyone failing to make Danny Dichio/Chuck Norris jokes even smileworthy) but lets not go crazy here.

Also Laurent Robert is a part time supporter, left in 7th inning.

Pinkie
06-25-2008, 10:27 PM
so the French was too chickened to pull an offensive on german when they had a chance and then crumbled like a headless rooster, the just decided to wave the white flag?

http://worldwar2database.com/html/france_40.htm

yes pretty much.
and now we are known as wussies and such

and i can't even count the amount of times i've heard the french flag=white flag "joke".....

pekduck
06-25-2008, 10:32 PM
yes pretty much.
and now we are known as wussies and such

and i can't even count the amount of times i've heard the french flag=white flag "joke".....

following that logic... all the colonies of the brits/spanish/french/portugese/japenese/russian etc that didn't put up a descent fight are wussies and all....

dunno, war is war, people in power at the time make whatever decision they think is right given the circumstances...

call me naive... how's that a national thing?

wait.. i'm running the risk of hijacking the thread.... i should stop... (does this act count as surrender too? haha)

james
06-26-2008, 12:51 AM
the fact that you mentioned the kids are adorable and not talk about how the wifes rack or ass is make you sound like a chick or a pedophile!

MisterMacphisto
06-26-2008, 07:13 AM

Coffee. Nose. Damn. :(

Oldtimer
06-26-2008, 07:36 AM

What makes it so funny is not originality. It's that the cliche came out of nowhere so unexpectedly.

koryo
06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
i'm suprised you didn't have your own robert bobble-head doll in their also!

you mean the french tickler?

Heathen
06-26-2008, 08:32 AM
following that logic... all the colonies of the brits/spanish/french/portugese/japenese/russian etc that didn't put up a descent fight are wussies and all....

dunno, war is war, people in power at the time make whatever decision they think is right given the circumstances...

call me naive... how's that a national thing?

wait.. i'm running the risk of hijacking the thread.... i should stop... (does this act count as surrender too? haha)

chill out ffs he made a joke

SilverSamurai
06-26-2008, 09:26 AM
chill out ffs he made a joke

I think he's genuinenly curious and not trying to hijack the thread.

Long story short the French defense was over run for a number of reasons.
Although the French maquis did help the allies by sabotaging key targets during the fight to recapture Paris, although Vichy France took a while longer.
Wow, my edumacation is useful afterall!

pekduck: If you mean national as in Canada, the French also lost here in Canada which is why people joke about it and WW2 w/ the French surrendering. That's the short version of it. But I'm out of this thread!

pekduck
06-26-2008, 09:32 AM
thanks Silver :)

yeah, i'm just curious and will be out of this thread after this post, lol

apologize to heathen if somehow i offended you in someway that i'm not aware of

Heathen
06-26-2008, 09:49 AM
thanks Silver :)

yeah, i'm just curious and will be out of this thread after this post, lol

apologize to heathen if somehow i offended you in someway that i'm not aware of

no worries, truth be told the whole French surrender monkeys cliche is a fallacy really, in WW2 the French Army fought like animals but were undone by poor leadership and tactics

BeachRed
06-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I think he's genuinenly curious and not trying to hijack the thread.

Long story short the French defense was over run for a number of reasons.
Although the French maquis did help the allies by sabotaging key targets during the fight to recapture Paris, although Vichy France took a while longer.
Wow, my edumacation is useful afterall!

Well, if you're going to talk about the longer story it starts waaaaaay earlier. Some historians feel France made a decision to finally, after many wars, sit one out. They lost pretty much an entire generation twenty years earlier, their country was the battlefield, afterall, and felt maybe it was someone else's turn to keep the Huns at bay.

There, that won't change the the thread at all will it?;)

SilverSamurai
06-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, if you're going to talk about the longer story it starts waaaaaay earlier. Some historians feel France made a decision to finally, after many wars, sit one out. They lost pretty much an entire generation twenty years earlier, their country was the battlefield, afterall, and felt maybe it was someone else's turn to keep the Huns at bay.

There, that won't change the the thread at all will it?;)

If you mean WW1, I said a similar comment about the "white flag" in my class. Let's just say my prof was on my back the rest of the semester and was not too impressed. I had to kiss a lot of @$$ to get back on his good side, he was grading me afterall. Although it helps when you do a paper on wine. :taz::hump:

But ya WW1 was a dumb war, but you could also go back even before then when France lost to Bismarck and the German Empire and also lost Alsace and Lorraine. But then before that you have Napoleon and before that the Revolutions.
I will say this, when it comes to protests, the French are #1. Even a French girl I met that was on exchange told me that. lol

jloome
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
The french joke isn't from WWII, it's from the fact that they've NEVER won a major war -- well, not since a bunch of former Scandanavians living in Normandy kicked old Harold out in 1066 via an arrow through the eye, anyway. Doesn't mean they aren't brave, though; French Foreign legion's reputation was well-earned, in a cuthroat, dregs of society, willing to die for little pay kinda way.

^^ oops, pt already made. Je M'Excuse.

Northern Soul
06-26-2008, 10:07 AM

Maybe he thought the 7th inning stretch meant everyone was getting up to leave? :noidea: :)

SilverSamurai
06-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Maybe he thought the 7th inning stretch meant everyone was getting up to leave? :noidea: :)

LOL- So true..

SilverSamurai
06-26-2008, 10:21 AM
The french joke isn't from WWII, it's from the fact that they've NEVER won a major war -- well, not since a bunch of former Scandanavians living in Normandy kicked old Harold out in 1066 via an arrow through the eye, anyway. Doesn't mean they aren't brave, though; French Foreign legion's reputation was well-earned, in a cuthroat, dregs of society, willing to die for little pay kinda way.

Arrow to the eye?
OUCH!

pekduck
06-26-2008, 10:35 AM
have to jump back and say wow, i felt robbed of my tuitions since i can learn so much from RPB board, thanks guys for filling me in on some history :)

Detroit_TFC
06-26-2008, 10:48 AM

ROTFLMAO, well done, sir.

Oldtimer
06-26-2008, 12:27 PM

France won the 100 years' war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc

Their record since then has been spotty.

Red Rat
06-26-2008, 12:39 PM

hhaaahahahahahaa, shit.

Gobi
06-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=63177#post63177)
i'm suprised you didn't have your own robert bobble-head doll in there also!

you mean the french tickler?

:jaw: Whoa! :lol:

Azerban
06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
the fact that you mentioned the kids are adorable and not talk about how the wifes rack or ass is make you sound like a chick or a pedophile!

if only there were girls on the internet :(

Pinkie
06-26-2008, 09:46 PM
if only there were girls on the internet :(

sorry those don't exist on the interwebs...

H Bomb
06-26-2008, 09:48 PM
The name Pinkie didn't give it away huh?

Pinkie
06-26-2008, 10:24 PM
^^nope apparently it doesn't...
although if i remember correctly pinky was in fact a male mouse.

Roogsy
06-26-2008, 10:44 PM
:rofl:

I loved that show!

"What'r we gonna do now Brain?"

adampz
06-26-2008, 11:04 PM
was it tfc fans that made the cito banner? i wouldnt think any bluejays fans would go to those lengths to support the team