PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical: Mo, Preki, both, or neither?

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2010, 09:48 PM
So, let us assume for a moment that the rest of this season continues along roughly the trajectory that many of us expect - we win 1-3 games, and draw or lose the rest. Let's assume for a moment that we don't make the playoffs.

There has been much conversation and arguing over who should be removed from their post, if this comes to pass. So I'm just interested in taking a headcount from everyone here, to get an idea of where the entire community stands on this question.

And it's a simple one - if all of the above comes to pass, do you want to fire Mo, Preki, both, or neither?

CHOOSE.

- Scott

kaos197O
09-08-2010, 09:49 PM
MO only.....he's a plague!

H Bomb
09-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Both. I've said it since very early in the season, and am pissed off to be vindicated.

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Please note that I'm not trying to start a lengthy, annoying argument about this. I'm literally just curious to get a headcount. But feel free to discuss your choice if you want.

- Scott

tfcleeds
09-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Fire Mo, and by virtue of the fact that a new GM should be able to bring in his own man, Preki as well.

Beach_Red
09-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Both. Since last November this has really been Preki's team.

nascarguy
09-08-2010, 09:54 PM
fire mo and let the new gm have a say if jack ass stays or goes

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I can't wait until we get our first "Neither" vote, and everyone flips out, haha.

- Scott

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Both, any GM worth having, with a history of success, is going to want to bring in his own coach.

I know that this won't be taken seriously, but I'd like to see the team sign Rafael Carbajal to coach the team. Not sure in terms of a GM.

menefreghista
09-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I picked both.

Mo Johnston should go for obvious reasons.

But Preki should go too because I don't think he can really build a team. I hear people say we should give Preki time to build the team his way, but frankly I'm having a hard time seeing what exactly he's building. He will just rotate his pluggers with a new crop of pluggers. And we will be in the same boat, chasing 8th place in vein.

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I should add that the whole "GM should be able to bring in his own coach" thing should not apply to your reasoning. Assume, for the purposes of this poll, that the GM would have that power.

The question is who YOU want fired.

- Scott

Heart of Stone
09-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I can see Preki being fired and Mo being put back in as the game coach to save money... at least season 1 was a lot of fun...

Beach_Red
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Well, I said in another thread what I really want - and wanted from the beginning - was a "President of Soccer" with a long resume and then let him hire all the managers and coaches he wants. But it should be (and should have been) someone who had run a professional team for ten years or more (not half a year). Even if it was a guy pretty much retired who came in to be a kind of elder statesman and set the tone for the organization.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
^ I like this idea. But just can't see MLSE throwing the kind of money at someone that this would cost.

ag futbol
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
It's too early to say.

Obviously everyone wants Johnston gone.

Preki, I'd keep for a year only if we can't find an amazing candidate to take this thing over. I don't want to replace crap with more crap.

TFC USA
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Fire Mo, keep Preki unless he drastically fucks up in the last 5-6 games.

Red Rat
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Maradona is looking for a job.... hmmmm tempting

THA BUTCHA
09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Both...

Cause no Decent, self respecting Football Executive will ever wanna be forced into working with that Camera Shoving Hack of a coach..

The new GM will want his own team.

That means everyone will be fired. Brennan, the Assistant coaches, the Trainers

EVEN DANNY DICHIO....

ArmenJBX
09-08-2010, 10:33 PM
We've had 4 very different teams, yet all have been the same shit.

It's funny how people here still don't get it... You need to have some consistency. Imagine if every year you went to work and had a new group of coworkers and a new boss...

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
There's no point in worrying about consistency if don't have the right people in place. If Preki isn't the right fit for the team, things are only made worse by keeping him here another season.

Roogsy
09-08-2010, 10:52 PM

It's funny how people here still don't get it... You need to have some consistency. Imagine if every year you went to work and had a new group of coworkers and a new boss...

If consistency is what we need...hell...let's just bring this whole kit and kaboodle back, Mo, Preki and all the players.

ecantona7
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
As of right now, I don't want Preki to go. With all our players healthy we were doing well and the team was really gelling. I do want to see Mo gone regardless of making the playoffs or not. Need someone at the top that actually knows what they're doing. With Mo it looks like he's sitting on his ass all the time and doing fuck all to move this team forward. Mo needs to go if TFC is to take a further step forward.

Keyman
09-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Neither. Both deserve another season, another chance.

ag futbol
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Change is coming next year whether we want it or not.

Attakora will most likely be gone, Frei will be gone, TFC will be rebuilding from there rebuilding.

There is probably about 1/2 a roster of usable parts kicking around... But the other half that needs replacing is the most important part.

Whoop
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Mo for sure.

And given that the new GM should be able to hire his own coach Preki should go too.

TFC USA
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM

Yeah........and the most consistent person on this team is the one that has to be fired. Fuckin funny how that works, eh?

Coaches change, players change, still the same fucking Mo.

Brooker
09-08-2010, 11:22 PM
we have an entire offseason for one gigantic miserable bitching and whining fest....

why start it now?

David_Oliveira
09-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Can we PLEASE get Steve Nicol as our next coach?
or lets think outside the MLS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Sousa

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2010, 11:30 PM
we have an entire offseason for one gigantic miserable bitching and whining fest....

why start it now?

As I said, the point of this thread wasn't to start a bitchfest (though in the back of my mind, I expected it). I honestly just wanted to get a head count of where everyone was on this question, since it has been talked about a lot here.

- Scott

SirBobSaget
09-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Preki is a prima donna that can't handle players with egos that rival his (aka talented players). Unless we want to see more key games featuring the likes of Jacob (aka "Jake" props to Dobson) Peterson as an offensive threat then both gone.

A great player will come with an ego but its up to the coach to channel that into a positive thing. Mista has been tottaly mishandled. He obviously wants some minutes on the field after spending the last few watching from the bench in La Liga, so he comes to MLS. And find himself watching Obrian White on the field over him in MLS? Of course he's not going to be happy with that!

KezmanCCCC
09-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Get rid of them both.... Mo is shite and preki isnt to far off.... i dont care for preki's ego and i think this club can do alot better then both these goons...

King Jeff
09-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Fire Mo, and by virtue of the fact that a new GM should be able to bring in his own man, Preki as well.

This.

I don't think it's necessarily productive to keep changing coaches every year, but if the GM is being canned (and he damn well should be) then the replacement should be able to pick his own man.

My big fear is that the replacement GM would be a PR hire (e.g., Brennan) while Mo was shuffled off to a President-type role where he'd still be meddling.

I should add that the whole "GM should be able to bring in his own coach" thing should not apply to your reasoning. Assume, for the purposes of this poll, that the GM would have that power.

The question is who YOU want fired.

Mo, for sure. Undecided on Preki at this point.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Well, I said in another thread what I really want - and wanted from the beginning - was a "President of Soccer" with a long resume and then let him hire all the managers and coaches he wants. But it should be (and should have been) someone who had run a professional team for ten years or more (not half a year). Even if it was a guy pretty much retired who came in to be a kind of elder statesman and set the tone for the organization.

^ I like this idea. But just can't see MLSE throwing the kind of money at someone that this would cost.

nevermind the money, who would this person be, its not like theres a ton around willing to relocate to Toronto to do just this

Ossington Mental Youth
09-09-2010, 06:54 AM
If consistency is what we need...hell...let's just bring this whole kit and kaboodle back, Mo, Preki and all the players.

we've had consistency with Mo, we know hes not the right fit or the right man, so its ok to get rid of him, Preki on the other hand has had less than a year with the team as well as with Mo at the helm. I say give Preki more time.

maninb
09-09-2010, 07:44 AM
No DECENT manager would come to Toronto knowing that he's got 6 months to turn this mess around or else have the "supporters" screaming for his head....

Oldtimer
09-09-2010, 07:52 AM
No DECENT manager would come to Toronto knowing that he's got 6 months to turn this mess around or else have the "supporters" screaming for his head....

Nonsense. If its part of a general housecleaning... it will be fine.

Everyone knows Preki is a personal friend of MoJo and is closely associated with him (as is Nick Garcia). You can't get rid of one without dumping all 3 of them.

Hitcho
09-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Maradona is looking for a job.... hmmmm tempting

I'd take Maradona as player coach! :D

I voted both. Mo needs no explanation, the fucker should have walked the plank long ago, he's a sickness in the very heart of this club and has to be cut out immediately.

Preki I'd get rid of simply because I don't think his ability as a coach can ever match the ambition of most fans. Given time he might make us into a steady squad with a steady stream of seasons scrpaing into the lower play off places. But will he ever win the MLS Cup? Never, not a hope. Same goes for CCL. Like someone said, we'll end up as a team of pluggers and once the likes of De Ro have gone, Preki will want to replace them with more utility style grafters. That's not the vision I hold for this club.

Hitcho
09-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Also note that Preki is 100% Mo's appointment. How Preki does rests entirely on Mo. Given how badly Mo has fucked everything else up, I'm not sure I'd have confidence in his choice of coach. And anyway, for the reasons set out above plus the fact that a new GM should be able to bring in his own coach, I'd get rid of both, unless the new GM wants to keep Preki on, in which case, so be it.

Beach_Red
09-09-2010, 08:15 AM

Everyone knows Preki is a personal friend of MoJo and is closely associated with him (as is Nick Garcia). You can't get rid of one without dumping all 3 of them.

And yet, four times in recent years MLSE have brought in GMs to teams with coaches in place and the coaches remained in place. Was it explicitly part of the deal? Maybe not, but maybe the GMs who pass the interview and get the job can read their bosses and do what they think will please them...

Hitcho
09-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Both...

Cause no Decent, self respecting Football Executive will ever wanna be forced into working with that Camera Shoving Hack of a coach..

The new GM will want his own team.

That means everyone will be fired. Brennan, the Assistant coaches, the Trainers

EVEN DANNY DICHIO....

Never sure with THA BUTCHA if the post is serious or provocative! But I'll bite in case! :D

No way will Brennan and Danny get canned. Danny is an ambassador as well as on the coaching team and cannot be replaced. Brennan is there in an understudy role to be groomed long term. He won't hinder the new GM, and has enough icon status, like Dichio, to survive any new GM hire.

Hitcho
09-09-2010, 08:17 AM

Good point. The holy trinity - Mo, Preki, Garcia. Time to move them all on. A bit harsh on Preki after just one season maybe, but he's too closely tied to Mo.

ensco
09-09-2010, 08:18 AM
For me, the only reasonable scenarios are Both or Neither, for reasons much discussed elsewhere.

While I was an early member of the "Fire Mo" brigade, I think the best answer is neither, absent a great candidate. There is a chance that this team could gel next year. It's not a high probability, but ripping the team apart doesn't feel right either.

The only candidate that would cause me to vote "Both" is Frank Yallop, but only if he is Coach and GM..

Beach_Red
09-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Never sure with THA BUTCHA if the post is serious or provocative! But I'll bite in case! :D

No way will Brennan and Danny get canned. Danny is an ambassador as well as on the coaching team and cannot be replaced. Brennan is there in an understudy role to be groomed long term. He won't hinder the new GM, and has enough icon status, like Dichio, to survive any new GM hire.

And that's really the biggest problem here - this organization think thy can groom people - what in their history gives them that kind of confidence? What makes anyone think people here will be groomed into winners?

Hitcho
09-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Beach - I don't think it's necessarily about grooming Brennan to be a winner, it's about taking on a player who was something of an icon from the first season or two and teaching him the ropes, with the idea that one day, we can appoint an organically produced GM who literally knows the club from the bottom up and has also learned the ropes in a GM role. That's no guarantee for success, but it does mean we could have a GM candidate with credentials that match or better anyone else available at the relevant time, since he'll have a knowledge and understanding of the club that no other candidate could have.

v00d00daddy
09-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Okay...I'm not sold on Preki yet but I don't think he should be fired...yet.

Mo should go...

As for people talking about Brennan and Dichio.....

If they ever get appointed to anything more than their current positions (which are already ridiculous) my head will explode.

We're talking about firing Mo and Preki due to incompetence and people are honestly talking about Brennan and Dichio as "future" holders of the GM and coach position respectively?

Really?

Sometimes the only thing I can say is best described by a Sloan lyric:

"It's not the band I hate...it's their fans"

lol

__wowza
09-09-2010, 09:23 AM
two words: Arsène Wenger

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00575/Arsene_Wenger_575349a.jpg

KdotOdot
09-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I say fire the whole fucking team. EVERYONE. Fire DeRo fire JDG, Fire Attakora fire all these twats!

gtaguy
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
fire MO Preki and Garcia.. I don't want to see any remnants of this farce that this years team has been..

T_Mizz
09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
I really am starting to get annoyed with Preki, 0-0 draws are so boring and annoying, I'd rather win and lose than take 2 draws, does preki know that 2 draws do not equal one win?

TFC USA
09-09-2010, 10:59 AM
For me, the only reasonable scenarios are Both or Neither, for reasons much discussed elsewhere.

While I was an early member of the "Fire Mo" brigade, I think the best answer is neither, absent a great candidate. There is a chance that this team could gel next year. It's not a high probability, but ripping the team apart doesn't feel right either.

The only candidate that would cause me to vote "Both" is Frank Yallop, but only if he is Coach and GM..

There's a chance that Salma Hayek will let me play with her tits, it's not a high probability but asking doesn't feel right either.

4 years of the same Mo shit, get him the fuck out.

Phil
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
For 4 years we have blown it up it seems every year.

I say do it again and get some people in there that understand the concept of BUILDING a team.

We have some foundation, but the churn in all areas is too much and personally I think the team management is tainted - coach and GM.

ManUtd4ever
09-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I voted Mo for one simple reason; I don't hold Preki responsible for the glaring lack of depth that has sent this team into a downward spiral since our top 2 strikers were injured. In my opinion, TFC was playing fairly solid football until the loss of Barrett and Santos and the club just hasn't been able to compensate due to a lack of options on the bench.

Preki has frustrated me at times as well with questionable roster decisions but I believe his overall impact on TFC has been far more positive than negative. I don't subscribe to the theory that Preki built this team in terms of player personnel. I believe Preki was the ultimate authority in terms of signing players to the club this season but it was Mo who brought in the carousel of trialists and Preki decided which players were capable of playing within his system. I also believe Preki identified incumbent players such as Serioux, Wynne, and Robinson as players that wouldn't cut it but Mo inevitably executed those trades and is primarily responsible for the players TFC received in return.

In other words, Preki has tried to form a cohesive unit to the best of his abilities with the players at his disposal, which is a function of the general manager, not the coach. If TFC had a competent GM that was able to stockpile a reasonable pool of talent prior to the start of the season I believe Preki would be capable of yielding results and leading this club into the playoffs.

Let's not forget the general sentiment amongst supporters on this forum prior to the season. In all fairness, guiding this club to the CONCACAF Group Stage and the fact that TFC is in the playoff hunt has exceeded our expectations.

Preki deserves another shot with the club next season with a new GM assuming the new GM would be willing to keep him...

KdotOdot
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Fire BMO Feild

Roogsy
09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
He's already gone! :lol:

ManUtd4ever
09-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I call BS on this. Preki has exactly the squad he asked for. There was more player movement this offseason than there ever was before. This team was in a position to make a playoff run taking last year's results into consideration. All he needed was "tweak" the team, instead he blew it up and started from scratch and he deserves MORE time? This whole "players at his disposal" excuse doesn't fly. What other players was he going to move? DeRo? Frei? Attakora? JDG? Barrett? That's pretty much it from the leftovers of last year.

I think starting from scratch is somewhat of an overstatement. I agree that last year's squad only needed tweaking, but the core of our team is virtually the same with different role players. Again, if you disagree with the players brought in that falls on the general manager does it not? You are presuming that Preki hand picked every addition to this year's squad and I'm saying that he assembled the squad from the players that were made available to him by our GM, some of which were brought in after the regular season started.

That being said, I would welcome a new coach if the new GM preferred to hire his own guy. I just believe that Mo is primary responsible for the shortcomings of the team this year...

KdotOdot
09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Who's rsponsible for attempting to fill the squad with Canadian players? Seriously? I mean have theae assholes ever watched a MNT game? If I was scouting players for TFC I woud stay as far away from domestic talent as humanly possible.

I mean lets start at the fucking begining people.

Phil
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Who's rsponsible for attempting to fill the squad with Canadian players? Seriously? I mean have theae assholes ever watched a MNT game? If I was scouting players for TFC I woud stay as far away from domestic talent as humanly possible.

I mean lets start at the fucking begining people.

MLS

Pesky domestic rules :D

Roogsy
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I think starting from scratch is somewhat of an overstatement. I agree that last year's squad only needed tweaking, but the core of our team is virtually the same with different role players. Again, if you disagree with the players brought in that falls on the general manager does it not? You are presuming that Preki hand picked every addition to this year's squad and I'm saying that he assembled the squad from the players that were made available to him by our GM, some of which were brought in after the regular season started.

Trust me...the lion's share of the new players that came in are all Preki selections. So unless you can point to changes he will likely make the offseason to the remaining squad members that were not his selections, then this team is Preki's team and he takes the credit or the fall for its performance.

KdotOdot
09-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Well than I don't blame PReki or Mo I blame CANADA!!!!

KdotOdot
09-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Man you gusy are hilarious. I wouldn't give a shit is the Special One himself was coaching this team. The bums we field are HOPELESS. ALL of them with the exception of maybe Usinov.

Fort York Redcoat
09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
We all dream of a team of Usinov's?

maninb
09-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Man you gusy are hilarious. I wouldn't give a shit is the Special One himself was coaching this team. The bums we field are HOPELESS. ALL of them with the exception of maybe Usinov.

It's spelled "Uselessanov"....and I do hope you were being sarcastic....

TFC USA
09-09-2010, 12:08 PM

You've just said Usanov is more useful than Maicon Santos, Dero, Attakora, and Frei.

:facepalm:

torontocelt

Due to finances and players not wating to come to the MLS it is difficult to attract quality players. A good coach can only take players so far and if the players are rubbish to begin with then there is only so much you can do. How guys like Peterson make a good living from football I have no idea but rest assured that guy is not a good player and neither is
O'Brian White to name another. When you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for players then there is definitely going to be more misses than hits and I think with TFC that is evident.

flambe
Voted for Mo alone. I feel that Preki has done some good with this team, our defense is far better than it has ever been. If we can get a decent pre-season and a fill the holes, reliable striker and winger we will be in a better position next year.

Garcia has been playing fairly well of late, will we be paying his full salary next year? If so, and it's the same as his current pay he needs to go, otherwise I say keep him around at a much lower price.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-09-2010, 01:10 PM
if im not mistaken Garcia is at the end of his contract and i highly doubt we will resign him next year. ill definitely fall into doubt about Preki if he is resigned regardless of how little trouble he has recently caused us

canadian_bhoy
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
They should have fired Mo last season when Cummins left. Now we're totally screwed.

Personally, I'd like to get rid of both Mo and Preki and bring in Steve Nicol to run the whole friggin show (if that's a possiblity).

The problem is that if Preki goes, we will once again be at square 1. We'll be starting a new team for the 5th strait year.

How are we ever supposed to get better when we have 9 new starters every bloody season. No growth, no development. It's just been "well those 11 didn't do it, let's clean house and try again".

So I think Mo leaving is (or should be) a certainty. But Preki leaving...I don't think we'll ever be great with him, so maybe we cut him loose too and hope that we can bring in a Nicol type that can actually build a team.

Ugh....this franchise is in shambles.

Carts
09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
One thing most of us can agree on - change is needed..

Over 90% beleive that someone has got to go, either Mo, Preki, or Both...

If things finish out the way they are now - it will be an interesting off-season to say the least...

If someone does get fired, quit, whatever - I hope the club acts quickly, to have people in place for the entire off-season, not take almost the entire off-season to fill the void - whoever it is leaving...

Carts...

KdotOdot
09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
It's spelled "Uselessanov"....and I do hope you were being sarcastic....

Not at all. Usinov is the man! Who else do we have that plays their position well? I'll give you Frei. It was my mistake not to include our lord and saviour in the first post. I apologize Mr. Frei.

The rest are bums.

Look man say what you will about Preki but he's managed to teach these fucking chimps some basics. I counted 9 consecutive passes vs Cruz Azul. 9!!!!! Thats fucking incredible for a team that couldn't string 3 passes together last year.

I don't even remember what my point was. :hump:

Fort York Redcoat
09-09-2010, 01:24 PM
I believe your point was you want Usinov to be a naturalized Canadian...

__wowza
09-09-2010, 01:29 PM
preki's tenure should be up to the new GM but he should at least have a chance to prove himself. like i was going on about in the bright side of life thread, check out our GA:

2007 - 49 (GD -24)
2008 - 43 (GD -9)
2009 - 46 (GD -9)
2010 - 26 (GD -4)

unless our opposition nets in 2.4 goals in each goal of the remaining 7 games, we're on par to be in a better position (although not in the standings) than last year. our backline has always been a HUGE problem, preki fixed it for the most part by restructuring. finishing is not his problem, the striker needs to be a DP, we've all agreed on that. he did his best by bringing in santos and building a winning combination by barrett/santos/dero but injuries and our lack of depth hurt us bad. again, not his fault.

Phil
09-09-2010, 02:29 PM
They should have fired Mo last season when Cummins left. Now we're totally screwed.

Personally, I'd like to get rid of both Mo and Preki and bring in Steve Nicol to run the whole friggin show (if that's a possiblity).

The problem is that if Preki goes, we will once again be at square 1. We'll be starting a new team for the 5th strait year.

How are we ever supposed to get better when we have 9 new starters every bloody season. No growth, no development. It's just been "well those 11 didn't do it, let's clean house and try again".

So I think Mo leaving is (or should be) a certainty. But Preki leaving...I don't think we'll ever be great with him, so maybe we cut him loose too and hope that we can bring in a Nicol type that can actually build a team.

Sums up my feeling. We blow the team up almost every year. Time we start putting people there that will build a foundation instead of the continual churn. 1 more time....hopefully we get it right.

Hitcho
09-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure that getting rid of Preki would mean a total blow up of the playing squad though. I think we'd only see a change of the more peripheral players in the off season, and the core would stay reasonably steady. Example: none of the following players would be at serious risk of being traded under a new GM and head coach:

Frei
Nana
Cann
Gargan
JDG
De Ro

And the following list of players would only be at marginal risk:

Conway
LaBrocca
Saric
Barrett
Santos

That's half the squad (and all the key members) already in place. Plus there are some youngsters that it's not worth trying to trade yet and can be held on to.

So firing Mo and letting a new GM pick his own new head coach would not necessarily mean the type of Armageddon scenario that's being mooted. And let's be honest, of the players that are left, half of them we'd be looking to get rid of even if Preki stayed put.

The bigger issue is can a new head coach use a new/better system(s) to get MORE out of this squad than Preki would if he stayed? I'd say yes, especially if he's allowed to refresh the fringe side of the squad to add more depth, facilitated by a GM who knew what the fuck he was doing when it comes to strategic and balanced squad building.

So, MO MUST GO and Preki should follow him out the door.

Roogsy
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM

QFFT...

KdotOdot
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Preki's leaving anyway all the signs are there. At the start of the season the Serbian flag was flying free abd pround in the south end right between Canada and Scottland. Now it's nowehere to be found..

billyfly
09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
TFC should fire Paul B.

(I say this to see if mlsintoronto responds. I don't mean it Paul)

wzhxvy
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
TFC should fire Paul B.

(I say this to see if mlsintoronto responds. I don't mean it Paul)

They dont need to fire him. If I am him...I am looking for my next job...better leave on a high after the MLS cup.

bgnewf
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM

With due respect mate, we have had consistency. His name is Mo Johnston.

Cashcleaner
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM

Personally, I'd like to get rid of both Mo and Preki and bring in Steve Nicol to run the whole friggin show (if that's a possibility).

Exact-a-fuckin-lutely.

Mo should have been shown the door at the end of last season. Instead, the directors dragged their feet and kept him onboard - most likely because they just didn't have any idea what else to do.

As much as I want Mo gone, I would like to see Preki stay with the club if he so wished. Hopefully, any incoming GM would give him a shot as well, but staffing decisions would ultimately be up to him.

denime
09-09-2010, 05:05 PM

This and we are in year 4 in MO's 5 years plan so I wouldn't be surprised if both of them stay for one more year.

Excuse is going to be CCL,ML$E loves $$$ and 3 extra games in CCL will bring them more $$$$ than playoffs where in best case scenario TFC would play 2 games at home.
IF we come out of that group into CCL 1/4 finals,we will have Mo and Preki for another year or two.

Get over the fact that they are not going anywhere,and you will feel much better.
If you have problem finding your inner peace try :stogey:

So who is ready for ONE MORE YEAR of KING MO?

TFC Cityboy
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
This and we are in year 4 in MO's 5 years plan so I wouldn't be surprised if both of them stay for one more year.

Excuse is going to be CCL,ML$E loves $$$ and 3 extra games in CCL will bring them more $$$$ than playoffs where in best case scenario TFC would play 2 games at home.
IF we come out of that group into CCL 1/4 finals,we will have Mo and Preki for another year or two.

Get over the fact that they are not going anywhere,and you will feel much better.
If you have problem finding your inner peace try :stogey:

So who is ready for ONE MORE YEAR of KING MO?

I fully expect us to mobilise to force this issue once we are so far out of contention that our chances of making playoffs are even slimmer than they are today. TFC leadership will be aware of the feelings of the hardcore supporters of the club.

jimiv
09-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Preki's leaving anyway all the signs are there. At the start of the season the Serbian flag was flying free abd pround in the south end right between Canada and Scottland. Now it's nowehere to be found..

Is the Scottish one still there?

Ossington Mental Youth
09-09-2010, 06:41 PM
ill have a fit if hes gone and Mo stays

GeorgeBest
09-09-2010, 07:40 PM

Agreed. Mo's biggest error was hiring Carver. That cost the franchise two years. MLSE would have been justified in firing him for that last year.

I would argue the yearly coaching change has been the biggest drag on results. Enough decent players have come and gone to make a playoff team (although it would have been nice to have one decent winger in four years).

The problem is each new coach decides he doesn't like people. Mo the coach axed Buddle chosen by Mo the GM, then Carver didn't like Cunny, then Cummins didn't like Dichio and Preki couldn't live with Guevara. All these guys were at least decent offensive players and we currently don't have enough of those.

As much as things don't look promising, if we fire Mo that means Preki will continue only with the new GM's approval. That probably means another coaching change which brings more upheaval. So unless a great candidate for GM becomes available it probably makes sense to to keep both for one more year to see if MoPreki can turn it around. Ouch.

v00d00daddy
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=18479&highlight=preki

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=18630&highlight=preki

2 threads that ppl should read

10 months later and oh how the opinions have changed. DESPITE the fact that people seemed to predict what kind of soccer we would play under Preki...and were generally okay with it.

Now admittedly...we don't have the results we thought we would get but still.

it's interesting to see how easily we flip flop on things. (some of us)

Shakes McQueen
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
two words: Arsène Wenger

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00575/Arsene_Wenger_575349a.jpg

0% chance of this happening (and yes, I know you know that, haha). I just wanted to say that, if he did come to MLS, he would destroy this league. Wenger is the perfect type of manager for Major League Soccer - he's a tremendous, patient teacher for young players, he is unequaled at discovering and building up inexpensive talents, he inspires loyalty in a lot of his players, and he doesn't like to throw money around recklessly.

I think most world-class managers would be infuriated by things like the salary cap here, but I think Wenger would thrive in it.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
09-09-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=18479&highlight=preki

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=18630&highlight=preki

2 threads that ppl should read

10 months later and oh how the opinions have changed. DESPITE the fact that people seemed to predict what kind of soccer we would play under Preki...and were generally okay with it.

Now admittedly...we don't have the results we thought we would get but still.

it's interesting to see how easily we flip flop on things. (some of us)

It's almost as if people's opinions change as new variables are introduced.

Odd.

Shakes McQueen
09-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm fine with playing a more reserved, defensive style of football, but you still need to be able to score at least one goal to win a game. The real question is: Whose fault is that?

- Scott

TFC/Everton
09-09-2010, 08:56 PM
BOTH OF THEM!!! Preki before Mo! Preki is not a good coach....cant anyone else see that???? They dont play the wing....its just bad football.

supersaint
09-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Preki has been a huge disappointment for me. He has really got no answers when asked what went wrong in a game. He has now been reduced to suggesting we are cursed....or didnt get the right bounces...or the refereeing was dodgy, granted against Chicago it was, although they had a potential penalty claim denied also. The only cursed are suckers like me spending over three grand a year to watch this crap. We are more solid at the back, admittedly, but in midfield and up front we are struggling big time. No point harping on about getting a Guevara type skill DP, cos Preki does not like that kind of player. And when I hear guys here saying, give him more time, I dont wanna spend another three grand next year just so Preki may actually get us into the playoffs, but still playing shite unattractive football. And I honestly dont think he will get us there. We needed tweaked heading into this season, not overhauled!!

koryo
09-09-2010, 10:00 PM
One thing most of us can agree on - change is needed..

Over 90% beleive that someone has got to go, either Mo, Preki, or Both...

If things finish out the way they are now - it will be an interesting off-season to say the least...

If someone does get fired, quit, whatever - I hope the club acts quickly, to have people in place for the entire off-season, not take almost the entire off-season to fill the void - whoever it is leaving...

Carts...

Trouble is that the club still doesn't know what the fuck it's doing.

History, in our case, is doomed to repeat itself. Just you wait.

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
There are really people who want to fire Preki, but keep Mo? How is that possible?

- Scott

Pookie
09-10-2010, 07:08 PM

Well, they fired $2.7M at JDG and Mista and aren't getting any return on that investment. Paying a "President of Soccer" might be a safer place to invest in.

tfc007
09-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Axe Both Mother Fu.......!

Redcoe15
09-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I voted for both. Of course it seems way too to tie the can to Preki, even if his style and coaching philosophy borders on the sure fire cure for insomnia. I fear however that if MLSE does indeed fire Mo, they may turn around and hand his job over to Preki. And lord knows what that can turn into.

nfitz
09-11-2010, 09:27 AM
There are really people who want to fire Preki, but keep Mo? How is that possible?Without debating the actual position, it is in itself very logical.

One might say that Mo is responsibile for putting the right people on the pitch, and Preki is responsible for doing something with that.

One might say that we've got the best team we've ever had, so we should be able to do better than last year; which would put us in the play-offs. Therefore Mo has done his job.

Meanwhile one might say Preki has done less with this better team that the likes of Cummins.

It's easy to criticize Mo that we should have better players, but it's not easy to do this with the cap; it's always going to be a juggling act of compromise, with us not able to do what we really want. The key is performing with what we have.

With Preki's performance to date being worse than Cummings with a better team, then a case could be made that Preki is to blame.

Personally I'd like to see Preki back next season.

J .
09-11-2010, 09:35 AM
I think if it was going to be someone, it would be Mo. I would let Preki bring in the players he wants to bring in and Id give him two seasons to model the team.

We are not that far off from being a very good team. Two wingers short really. But we've been two wingers short since day one.

canadian_bhoy
09-11-2010, 09:42 AM
It's funny. In 4 years TFC has changed everything to try and get the team winning.
We've switched to grass, changes coaches multiple times, flipped the squad multiple times, brought in DPs, trained off-site, switched tactics, tried to grab all the canadian players on the market, tried old former stars, tried younger players...

But nothing has worked.

And there is one thing over the 4 years that hasn't changed. Mo

So if we've changed everything and nothing works...doesn't that seem to point out the real problem?

nfitz
09-11-2010, 09:52 AM
I think if it was going to be someone, it would be Mo. I would let Preki bring in the players he wants to bring in and Id give him two seasons to model the team.Would you replace Mo, or ask Preki to do 2 jobs?

ManUtd4ever
09-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I will give MLSE credit for implementing the correct managerial model with the Leafs and Raptors. Although the results with Burke and Colangelo have fallen short of expectations thus far I don't fault MLSE for their intentions in trying to hire qualified executives with an exemplary background and providing complete autonomy in managing their respective clubs.

MLSE must employ the same approach with TFC and find a GM with a substantial football pedigree to replace Mo in the offseason to satiate the fans and give us hope moving forward. The question is who is available? Is Steve Nichol's contract up at the end of the season?

Beach_Red
09-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Is Steve Nichol's contract up at the end of the season?

Would MLSE see him as a good candidate, though? He's never won the MLS Cup and since TFC joind the league New England has been worse each year. of course there's more to the story, but would they get it?

nfitz
09-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Personally I'd like to see Preki back next season.I'm retracting that.

How can he fucking lose to DC with the team he put on the pitch? Rope or guillotine?

TFC USA
09-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Mo has to go. I don't care if Rick Mercer runs the team he'll do better.

supersaint
09-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm retracting that.

How can he fucking lose to DC with the team he put on the pitch? Rope or guillotine?

Thank Christ you have came to your senses lad, it took you long enough though lol. We are beyond awful. I actually enjoyed last season....yeah we had our moments, but there was some entertainment...but now!!!!
Think I would be better off watching darts...ok, not quite. :scarf:

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
It's just absurd to me that it takes a loss like this for some people to see the pathetic coach that leads this team. Nevermind the horrible footie we've had to endure the entire season. Until people actually see a poor result they don't actually see the pathetic play.

There was no difference in this game and the 2-1 win against the union at home. Except luck. That was all. We were as bad then as we were tonight.

And I maintain that frei makes this defense look better then it is. He's making preki's defensive tactics look better then they are.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-11-2010, 09:09 PM
My fear is that they'll get rid of Mo and keep Preki for the beginning of next season, he'll start poorly, then they'll make a change.

I really like the idea, pretty sure it was in this thread, about bringing someone in addition to the coach and GM to act as a sort of football superemo. Maybe someone who's won something.

Phil
09-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Just putting this out there.....

Why do we need a GM and a coach when most teams in the leauge and the sport have both as 1 position.

To me, getting rid of both and starting fresh means you simplify things. You know....the way football is done everywhere else.

TFCtoMUFC
09-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Sven Goran Eriksson.

Pachuco
09-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Why do we need a GM and a coach when most teams in the leauge and the sport have both as 1 position.

To me, getting rid of both and starting fresh means you simplify things. You know....the way football is done everywhere else.

If they feel they have the right guy for the job and he wants to work alone then that's fine. But there will be questions to be answered if he doesn't succeed. Questions such as why MLSE isn't spending money on additional management when they can afford it. That's just the way life goes in Toronto.

Batman
09-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Oops. Mistake on my part.

I voted NEITHER.

I meant NEITHER should stay.

So deduct 1 from neither and add it to both.

Blizzard
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM

I can see that but it cannot be Preki!

DichioTFC
09-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Voted just Mo.

I give Preki another year with a set of players that he and a GM work with. If we get some quality players in, I think Preki can get the job done.

ilikemusic
09-12-2010, 02:56 AM
I voted just 'Mo' earlier. I want to change my vote to both.

Damien
09-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Isn't Preki under contract for 2 or 3 seasons? If so he's here next year unless he walks.

Fire Mo... he's the root of the problem.

sampace
09-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Let's bring Canada's secret weapon HOLGER OSIECK!

sampace
09-12-2010, 10:30 AM
HOLGER's HERO's 2! H2! Welcome Holger Osieck Time!

Pachuco
09-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Isn't Preki under contract for 2 or 3 seasons? If so he's here next year unless he walks.

Fire Mo... he's the root of the problem.

Coaches contracts are worst then Mo's word. We all know a coach can walk early or be encouraged to walk early regardless of the contract.

Roogsy
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Hmmm...we haven't had a "Preki" confidence vote in a while have we?

I know my vote hasn't changed.

menefreghista
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Let's bring Canada's secret weapon HOLGER OSIECK!

He actually recently signed on as Australia's coach.

CretanBull
09-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Hmmm...we haven't had a "Preki" confidence vote in a while have we?

I know my vote hasn't changed.

Preki has to be fired when Mo is fired.

1) The new manager has to be able to pick his own man (or be that man himself)

2) We can't give the new manager a built-in excuse...if things don't go well, it will be too easy for the new manager to blame the hire of the old manager and allow him to pass the buck at least once.

We need 1 guy to do everything, give him full autonomous power - let him know that he can do whatever he wants and all the glory or all the accountability will be his alone.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-13-2010, 06:51 AM
so all the people that want preki AND Mo fired, are you ready to make it 5 years without the playoffs?

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 07:12 AM
so all the people that want preki AND Mo fired, are you ready to make it 5 years without the playoffs?

You are implying that if we keep them on we make the playoffs in year 5.

I'd rather fire them and take my chances. Because the way things are going I don't think Mo Johnston could EVER get us into the playoffs. Even if we gave him 30 years to do it.

Technorgasm
09-13-2010, 07:23 AM
here we gop again.. the typical post-loss RPB baclash "mo must go" crap. .

After the season is over. . ya, sure let whomever go. . but its the men on teh pitch that need to take the FULL brunt of venom for the weekends un-inspired, haphazard slip.

Are they wornt out?
is teh squad ize too small or not good enough?
Is the schedule too demanding?
Is ther a problem in the dressing room?

Id like to know.

Oldtimer
09-13-2010, 08:28 AM
here we gop again.. the typical post-loss RPB baclash "mo must go" crap. .

I've been saying Mo Must Go since last season. Wins or losses don't change my mind. That guy is a detriment to the club.
You may have forgotten that the RPB voted by a plurality early in the year to protest Mo at the end of the season. That is what we are doing now, per our vote.

I don't believe any of the excuses anymore. All MLS clubs deal with fixture issues.

Section 117
09-13-2010, 08:35 AM
No more bloody excuses. I want Mo fired, I want a director of soccer operations aka GM that knows how to build a complete squad, not just a person who signs players cause it looks like he is trying to save his sorry ass.

I want a coach that knows that you need to score to win games (what a concept!!!) I want an upgrade in talent over the CPSL team we call TFC...

Fuck it lets blow the whole thing up ask MLS to let us keep a couple of players and go back into the expansion draft with Vancouver and Portland.

Fuck I hate the constant shit storm that is TFC every year at this time

KdotOdot
09-13-2010, 08:41 AM
I want a coach that knows that you need to score to win games

No you need a midfeild that can service your strikers.

One year we have an excellent midfield and no strikers, then we have strikers and no midfeild.

We never got two things that match, we got kool aid, no sugar, peanut butter, no jelly, cereal, no milk.

It's like I'm back on Kipling and Rexdale in '94

Pachuco
09-13-2010, 08:48 AM

Cause that Mo and Preki combo has done wonders for the team this year.

But to answer your question, I am willing to sacrifice a year of rebuilding with a proper manager and coach if that is what has to be done. As long as I see a team that is well balanced, well coached and doesn't need a rebuild in year 6 then I'll be happy.

This year's team needs a rebuild from the rebuild.

And rebuilding in the MLS as we all know doens't mean you can't do it over the preseason. Some of you haven't been watching the MLS since TFC came to the league. We've had teams like NY, LA and Seattle build an MLS team that can succeed quite quickly. LA and NY went from dead last to having a hell of a team (and that was without Beckham, Henry, Rafa).

ManUtd4ever
09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Mo's days are numbered and the reality is that a new GM with a substantial pedigree would either handle both managerial and coaching responsibilities or insist on hiring his own coach. That being said, I still believe that there is a solid core on this club moving forward and I agree that a competent GM could substantially improve the on field product in one off season. The spine of the team is above average in Frei, Attakora (if he resigns), Cann, JDG, DeRo, and Barrett. The team needs an upgrade at both fullback positions, on the wings, and the addition of a quality striker.

The key to a successful off season rebuild is timing. MLSE must hire Mo's successor within the calendar year in order to provide ample time to prepare for next season...

Ossington Mental Youth
09-13-2010, 09:13 AM
You are implying that if we keep them on we make the playoffs in year 5.

I'd rather fire them and take my chances. Because the way things are going I don't think Mo Johnston could EVER get us into the playoffs. Even if we gave him 30 years to do it.

Im not suggesting they will do it at all.
I want Mo fired (Preki i think deserves a year at the helm without his interference). Im merely suggesting that should they both go, we wont likely see any playoffs in year 5 as the new manager/coach/whoever would prob clean house and we'd have to start again. I do think several years of consistency under the guidance of Preki sans Mo would prove to be fruitful. At very least get the team moving in the right direction. If Preki fails to make the play offs in the 5th year, fire him but at least youve got a system that came from him that a decent coach could alter to his own vision.

Cause that Mo and Preki combo has done wonders for the team this year.

I never said they did.
What are the chances (i dont see it happening) of us getting a manager that could put together a team in a short time. Seeing as MLSE has always dealt with mismanagement, why would this change now?

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
I want Mo fired (Preki i think deserves a year at the helm without his interference). Im merely suggesting that should they both go, we wont likely see any playoffs in year 5 as the new manager/coach/whoever would prob clean house and we'd have to start again.

Again, this is not a reason to keep them.

Besides, now it appears Preki has lost the room.

They are both lame ducks at this point.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Ill reiterate, i never advocated keeping Mo.
As for Preki losing the room, what indicates he has?
The loss on saturday?
Thats hardly an indication.
Gareth Wheelers piece?
We know how trustworthy that guy is

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
As for Preki losing the room, what indicates he has?

This was posted by Blizzard in the post-match thread. A poster I respect infinitely.

Jarrek
09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Both.

menefreghista
09-13-2010, 09:32 AM
My favourite part of this poll is that before Saturday's game the Neither vote was at 11. After the match is shot up to 20.

maninb
09-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Changed my mind after Saturday's debacle.....Get rid of BOTH....

Ossington Mental Youth
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
This was posted by Blizzard in the post-match thread. A poster I respect infinitely.

i respect him too but its all speculation at this point

P-NUTZ
09-13-2010, 11:31 AM
mo appears as a dishonest crook at this point. Preki and his squad will have to roll with whatever punches come from mo being fired - assuming he is. it's all a big wash now.
P.

Parkdale
09-13-2010, 11:50 AM
mo appears as a dishonest crook at this point. Preki and his squad will have to roll with whatever punches come from mo being fired - assuming he is. it's all a big wash now.
P.

ahh, but remember how the team played when carver left? That big group huddle with all the team, trainers and coaching staff was a sight for sore eyes - it showed that some people (the ones we count on) still give a damn. I even think they wont that first game after Carver left/was fired/ got the 'Mojo Shuffle'

Wull
09-13-2010, 11:50 AM
I voted both as soon as this was started and I've never felt more justified in a decision than I do now. We had a good core that needed upgraded last season, not torn to bits and replaced by preki-like players who can't trap a bag of cement or who don't do anything other than running around and looking likely to get sent off every week. Cann and maybe Gargan have been the only two people we've brought in who have remotely justified their presence. Brennan, Robinson, Wynne, Guevara, Gerba, Serioux and Cronin are, for the most part, better than the people currently occupying their positions

Redcoe15
09-13-2010, 11:57 AM
After this past Saturday's game, I feel as if I've made the right choice.

P-NUTZ
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
ahh, but remember how the team played when carver left? That big group huddle with all the team, trainers and coaching staff was a sight for sore eyes - it showed that some people (the ones we count on) still give a damn. I even think they wont that first game after Carver left/was fired/ got the 'Mojo Shuffle'
????

i think we had a couple of wins parkie, then the cummins " wishy washy way until total failure " era started.
or are you being coy?

TFCREDNWHITE
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Mo should be replaced.....

Preki should definitely stay. We dont need to start rebuilding from ground zero again...

Frei should stay
DeRo should stay
JDG should stay
Maicon should stay
Barrett should stay
Cann should stay
Nana should stay
Mista should stay

everyone else should be released upon being UPGRADED.

Jeffro
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
I've been patiently waiting for Preki to get some offense out of this team. From the start of the season I've been saying to give him a chance, because he's built a great team shape and made us a tougher squad to play against. However, as the season has progressed, it has become increasingly clear that his only tactical approach is Anti-Football. Playing to not lose instead of playing to win. Playing to not concede instead of trying to score.

This is the one thing that would actually make me stop supporting TFC. Anyone who knows me knows my love for Barca, and probably has heard me rant about the antifootball tactics constantly used against us (mainly in Champions league), or my hatred of teams like Greece and Switzerland and their negative tactics. Please don't turn my beloved TFC into this.

Wull
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Frei should stay
DeRo should stay
Maicon should stay
Cann should stay
Nana should stay
maybe Gargan as cover

Oldtimer
09-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Mo should be replaced.....

Preki should definitely stay. We dont need to start rebuilding from ground zero again...

Actually, we do. The Preki anti-football era has been a dismal failure (not to mention, painful to watch).

TFCREDNWHITE
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Actually, we do. The Preki anti-football era has been a dismal failure (not to mention, painful to watch).

And what? The Mo Johnston Head Coach era wasn't a failure!?

How about the John Carver era?? was that painful to watch as we didn't make it to the playoffs...

Maybe the Chris Cummins era was real nice to watch!??

You can't keep flipping players and coaches like Whopper burgers at Burger King.....

What did Preki have at Chivas that was soooo special, that he doesn't have here!???

He took Chivas into the Playoffs and almost captured the West Division which is MUCH harder then the East! Im sure he knows a thing or two about what it takes to WIN! The man inherited a SHIT STORM when he came over...Do you expect him to work Miracles in a Year!??

Mo has been here for 4 years!! get rid of him....not the coach!

Section 117
09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
If I was a betting man which I am I would but my money on seeing them (Mo & Preki) both gone by the end of the year.... If not sooner.

Call it an educated guess on my part

Oldtimer
09-13-2010, 02:32 PM
You need a quality coach (something MoJo hasn't been able to find). Then pay him well and keep him for years.

Oldtimer
09-14-2010, 09:42 AM
continue discussion in the Mo, Preki gone thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1128007#post1128007