PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Season Tickets - any news?

Big_mac004
09-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Renewals should be coming up soon, has any one heard anything about next years prices?

Suds
09-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Nothing yet. Just a guess but I would think later this month or early October an email will come out.

KdotOdot
09-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I got a note saying that thre will be a 40% dicount if we make the playoffs rthis year. If not it'll be a 20% increase.

menefreghista
09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Last year you had until October 16 to renew your seats. So I would assume they will be mailing out the renewal packages in the next few weeks.

I'm guessing they are waiting for MLS to decide on next year's schedule before they can send out the renewal packages.

nascarguy
09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I think they will go up 50$

P-NUTZ
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I hate to say this after being a STH all this years, but with tickets so easily available and the novelty wearing thin for the average footy fan, are some thinking of not renewing?

My tickets are the most expensive in the building (by choice), and i ask the above because after all the ups and compounding downs, are some out there thinking of making a statement? Or are some feeling they are not getting fair value for their time, and financial, physical and emotional expense?

A thought to discuss because i'm not sure how im feeling at this point.

P.

Darlofletch
09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Take last season's new ticket price, add a very small amount, and that'll be this years renewal price. So there'll be an increase, it's just a question of how many games we get, to see if the price per match goes up or down.

woolly
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm thinking the least we can do is get all the supporters section to agree to hold out until the last day of renewal to make a statement.

Super
09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm thinking the least we can do is get all the supporters section to agree to hold out until the last day of renewal to make a statement.

I definitely plan to do that. Spread the word.

J .
09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
If they jack the prices up that would be ridiculous. They will price themselves out of a good atmosphere.

Mark in Ottawa
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM
If they jack the prices up that would be ridiculous. They will price themselves out of a good atmosphere.
Atmosphere... crapmostfear... since when did ML$E provide atmosphere?

They often seem to be using the Harold Ballard mantra...
"As long as the bums are in the seats, who cares about the product quality".

They will continue to perpetuate the "15,000 on the waiting list" myth until attendance drops off some. Then if they see a drop in revenue they will pay attention. Until then? Hang onto your wallet!

Hitcho
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Atmosphere... crapmostfear... since when did ML$E provide atmosphere?

They often seem to be using the Harold Ballard mantra...
"As long as the bums are in the seats, who cares about the product quality".

They will continue to perpetuate the "15,000 on the waiting list" myth until attendance drops off some. Then if they see a drop in revenue they will pay attention. Until then? Hang onto your wallet!

or, they will balance revenue year on year by compensating for the loss of expensive seat sales through increased prices elsewhere. we saw this last year i think - minimal price hikes on prawnies but 15% on south end seats or something stupid. plus concessions went up again, no?

they just don't seem to realise that keeping prices reasonable now will sell out the stadium every game, whereas if they drive people away and then try and lower prices, it will be too late.

BritSOL
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder how the prices will be affected with the HST. Looking at this website, the previous tax was 15%, and is now 13%.

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/taxchange/taxable.html

09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Do you think they'll tie in the ticket renewal with the MLS Cup Final tickets? As in, those who renew get first dibs at Cup tickets?

Suds
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Do you think they'll tie in the ticket renewal with the MLS Cup Final tickets? As in, those who renew get first dibs at Cup tickets?

Most likely. But that will be a perk for renewing and optional.

If they forced the purchase of MLS Cup tickets along with your season seats I think there would be outrage

wzhxvy
09-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Suds prepare to be outraged.

Carts
09-08-2010, 05:22 PM

If they forced the purchase of MLS Cup tickets along with your season seats I think there would be outrage

I firmly beleive the MLS Cup will be tied into our Season Ticket package...

The question is, how much will they charge for the MLS Cup if:
TFC was 1st in the league...?
TFC was one of the best in the league...?
TFC was in a comfortable playoff position...?
TFC fighting for a playoff position...?
TFC way out of the playoffs...?

Carts...

Petor
09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I wonder how the prices will be affected with the HST. Looking at this website, the previous tax was 15%, and is now 13%.

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/taxchange/taxable.html

Well there is the answer!
Prices will go up 2% but they will claim that the prices are the same. :)

pdogg
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM

When I spoke to my ticket rep last month while purchasing CCL tickets, he said that the MLS Cup would be an option and not mandatory.

Unless things change (and they always can..), I think that is a fair way of doing it. However, what publicity have we seen from MLS/MLSE to ramp up demand in advance?

menefreghista
09-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I was checking my old emails and I received one on September 16 last year with the message about season ticket renewals. If they keep a similar time-line we should be hearing soon about next years season tickets.

When I spoke to my ticket rep last month while purchasing CCL tickets, he said that the MLS Cup would be an option and not mandatory.

Unless things change (and they always can..), I think that is a fair way of doing it. However, what publicity have we seen from MLS/MLSE to ramp up demand in advance?

Thanks for this info.

I actually wondered why they didn't just sell the MLS Cup tickets when they first announced we where getting it? I guess they didn't imagine the season going sour so soon.

TOBOR !
09-09-2010, 02:21 PM
This year I picked up 2 x partial packs in 104. In previous years I've purchased single partial packs and purchased single game seats. I'm a gold-lister holding out for affordable Season Tix. Or at least that's what I was.

Things being as they are I don't think I'm interested in Season Tix.
Keep it up even longer and they risk compounding non-renewals of STs with an eroding waiting list. The effect won't be devastating, but there may be some impact.

I dunno. That's my 2 cents.

nfitz
09-09-2010, 05:46 PM
This year I picked up 2 x partial packs in 104. In previous years I've purchased single partial packs and purchased single game seats. I'm a gold-lister holding out for affordable Season Tix. Or at least that's what I was.A season ticket in 104 (light-grey) was only $361 last year; 2 partial packs were $368 (all 3 were $564). I can't see why one wouldn't go for season tickets if one is getting 2 partial packs - if you could get one.

rocker
09-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I actually wondered why they didn't just sell the MLS Cup tickets when they first announced we where getting it? I guess they didn't imagine the season going sour so soon.

that was a long time ago that they announced it. They don't plan MLS Cup before they announce which city gets it. they announce which city gets it and then they start planning. and from what I remember, the league has ticket commitments that have to be honoured.. they wouldn't know that before summer.

Joe Kool
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
My rep told me about the MLS Cup tickets being part of the 2011 package but I didn't hear about the optional part. That is good to hear.