PDA

View Full Version : Canada Trio Joins TFC !!

denime
09-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Canada Trio Joins TFC (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/canada-trio-joins-tfc)

:drum::scarf::drum:

Suds
09-06-2010, 08:48 AM
^^
Good. Hopefully we can get 3 on Wednesday and start a run of wins.

Fort York Redcoat
09-06-2010, 09:30 AM
They will be missed tomorrorow. We better get three.

denime
09-06-2010, 10:01 AM
So why the fuck did he called Nana if he did not plan to play him?
This was very stupid move by Hart.Next time CMNT needs players TFC will give them one of these :nono::nono: and :nono:

Fort York Redcoat
09-06-2010, 10:08 AM
D that's the question for me. Why would Hart take a player he has no intention to play? He could fill that spot with a choice of his own? We all know that there was talk of Nana for the National squad and he would be playing in his home stadium so was there pressure from other areas to take Nana then make up this bullshit injury, typo, scratch excuse? If so, I want that to never happen again.

We who follow world football have heard of club politics infiltrating a National squad. It's wrong. One can never be sure of a coach or managers decisions in that environment.

Too many cooks...

SilverSamurai
09-06-2010, 10:15 AM
So why the fuck did he called Nana if he did not plan to play him?
This was very stupid move by Hart.Next time CMNT needs players TFC will give them one of these :nono::nono: and :nono:
TFC can't do anything if it's a FIFA date.
It's MLS fault for insisting on playing during these dates...

Anyways, maybe he did take a knock in training or maybe he just didn't do well in training. Who knows...
But this is why I think we need to take the CL seriously, since these teams/opponents are who we face in WCQ.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-06-2010, 10:23 AM
^^I would really like to know Hart's true rationale for omitting Attakora from the starting XI. A BS answer just won't cut it. Canada's defence sucked on Saturday, and a player such as Nana could've made the difference. The fact that Nana wasn't subbed into the game leaves me scratching my head even more. It's not as though teams adhere strictly to a set number of substitutions in friendly matches.

Since being hired as Canada's full-time manager, I've been willing to cut Stephen Hart a lot of slack. I understand that Hart's hands are tied with regard to call-ups, but when you have certain players at your disposal you have to use them. Canada hasn't won a game in over a year, and judging by the tactics employed on Saturday it's not difficult to figure out why. I'm starting to really doubt Hart's effectiveness as a manager.

denime
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
TFC can't do anything if it's a FIFA date.
It's MLS fault for insisting on playing during these dates...

Anyways, maybe he did take a knock in training or maybe he just didn't do well in training. Who knows...
But this is why I think we need to take the CL seriously, since these teams/opponents are who we face in WCQ.
Oh I know that,but we will have a non FIFA date friendly sooner or later and than what?

SilverSamurai
09-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh I know that,but we will have a non FIFA date friendly sooner or later and than what?
Well friendlies during non-FIFA dates are rare and in that case TFC or any club can say no.

I do think/hope w/ Vancouver and Montreal joining the league that it will help the depth of the Canadian talent pool.

Blizzard
09-06-2010, 01:15 PM
^^I would really like to know Hart's true rationale for omitting Attakora from the starting XI. A BS answer just won't cut it. Canada's defence sucked on Saturday, and a player such as Nana could've made the difference. The fact that Nana wasn't subbed into the game leaves me scratching my head even more. It's not as though teams adhere strictly to a set number of substitutions in friendly matches.

Since being hired as Canada's full-time manager, I've been willing to cut Stephen Hart a lot of slack. I understand that Hart's hands are tied with regard to call-ups, but when you have certain players at your disposal you have to use them. Canada hasn't won a game in over a year, and judging by the tactics employed on Saturday it's not difficult to figure out why. I'm starting to really doubt Hart's effectiveness as a manager.

It's simple. Based on what he saw of Nana at the training sessions, he decided that he wasn't good enough. Many would disagree but Hart, as the coach of Canada, obviously has the right to make that decision.

What mystifies is why he wouldn't have released Nana to return to TFC, even if it was Friday at midnight!

Red CB Toronto
09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
It was simply a case of Coach Hart omitting Nana from the lineup sheet that he summited by mistake, I was in the press box for this game and early on the notion of an injury was floating around before the true story came out.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
It's simple. Based on what he saw of Nana at the training sessions, he decided that he wasn't good enough. Many would disagree but Hart, as the coach of Canada, obviously has the right to make that decision.

Makes me wonder about Hart's judgment of talent. Veteran players such as Richard Hastings have been used to death by Hart and Dale Mitchell, but up-and-coming players such as Attakora have been largely ignored. We've all seen plenty of Attakora at the club level, and IMO he easily deserves at least playing time as a sub at the NT level. Canada's defence just isn't that good.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
It was simply a case of Coach Hart omitting Nana from the lineup sheet that he summited by mistake, I was in the press box for this game and early on the notion of an injury was floating around before the true story came out.

So what exactly is the true story? Was Nana on the starting XI by mistake, and Hart omitted him because he didn't want Nana to start?

Blizzard
09-06-2010, 06:19 PM

OK I'll accept that although my source is still saying what I stated earlier, that Nana just didn't impress Hart.