09-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Discuss.

My summary: MO MUST GO!

billyfly
09-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Another wasted season it appears.

KiwiRedsFan
09-04-2010, 09:33 PM
was Mo the guy in the black training shirt with dark brown hair?

someone really should have told Hartman that peroxide blonde on men is out!

MFG1
09-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Arent you glad you have to pay for next seasons tickets before they decide what to do with that POS Mo at the end of another wasted season?

ArmenJBX
09-04-2010, 09:34 PM
The Good
-Ha. Don't make me laugh.

The Bad
-AAAAHEM. Jacob Peterson, Nick LaBrocca, Joseph Nane, Jacob Peterson, O'Brian White, Jacob Peterson.
-Dallas's Youth Section. Hahahahaha.

The Ugly
-Jeff Cunningham's douchebag meter. Seriously? Be a fucking man and show some respect you asshole. No one cares how many you score because in the end of the day my quality of life is probably better then yours, because I have people who actually respect me for not being a douchebag. I'm very happy you're not on my team because you are everything that is wrong with football. Go hang out with Kai Kamara and Emmanuel Adebayor, you De-de-de-DOUCHEBAG.

Vince Whirlwind
09-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Preki's strategy of never having the lead, so we don't give up late leads has made us so much better this season defensively!!!

OBW shouldn't be playing at this level - at least not at the moment. Case closed on that one.

ArmenJBX
09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
OBW is just vancouver draft bait at the moment.

jloome
09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Preki's strategy of never having the lead, so we don't give up late leads has made us so much better this season defensively!!!

OBW shouldn't be playing at this level - at least not at the moment. Case closed on that one.

He's like a younger, less chunky Charles Gbeke.

Fushida
09-04-2010, 09:36 PM
OBW is just vancouver draft bait at the moment.

I'd rather take a bag of balls.

reggie
wow...we didnt score,,AGAIN

MO MUST GO AND HE CAN BRING PRICKI THE CSA AND THE CMNT WITH HIM

TFC USA
Season is over. Fire Mo if not have major roster turnover because this team is shit.

Vince Whirlwind
09-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Better aim for the CCL now. No more giving away games by playing C squads on the road.

SoccMan
09-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Many people out here like to crap on this league,however, for how crapy a league people out here think the MLS is, remember it's a league that our beloved TFC looks like will go a fourth consecutive season of not being able to make the playoffs!

Oldtimer
09-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Those 3-4 haters who don't like JDG should be forced to watch tapes of how poorly this team defends without him in front of them. Our "improved" defense is really just JDG, nothing more. Otherwise they give up late goals, just like in this game.

reggie
09-04-2010, 09:41 PM
At least we have the best sports bar in N.A,wayda go MLSE.

Vince Whirlwind
09-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Those 3-4 haters who don't like JDG should be forced to watch tapes of how poorly this team defends without him in front of them. Our "improved" defense is really just JDG, nothing more. Otherwise they give up late goals, just like in this game.

I wouldn't classify Cuntingham's goal as "late"...it came in the first two minutes of the second half!

rocker
09-04-2010, 09:42 PM

But does it really matter? We've lost road games with JDG by greater than 1-0.

flambe
09-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Better aim for the CCL now. No more giving away games by playing C squads on the road.

We didn't really have much choice tonight given injuries and our pathetic lack of depth on the bench.

KiwiRedsFan
09-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Positives

Our of 16 teams in the MLS, TFC are 7th and still 3rd in the eastern conference.

sure more losses than wins but hey least you're not DC United.

Night Canadians, this kiwi is off.

TFC USA
09-04-2010, 09:44 PM
This team is so shit on the road.

The Sounders lost today, but I say right now they are significantly better than we are.

ArmenJBX
I completely agree with you oldtimer, JDG is so important for this team right now. I know what he did with deportivo and I know what he's doing with us, and he's doing his job well. It's an ugly, Makalele job and as DP a lot of people were expecting this "Messi" type player, but the reality is he does his job perfectly imo. I have no gripes with De Guzman.

The thing with rebuilding is that there are hits and there are misses. You sign a group of 10 new guys, 5 of them are good, you keep them, sell the others. Then you sign another 10, keep 5, and now you have 10 good players. That's how a team is built, gradually, over time.

Look at any MLS team 4 years ago and now. They have a lot of the same players. Look at our team 4 years ago and now. Nada. Nothing. No one. We just have to keep finding the Gargan and Cann's out there and getting rid of the Petersons or Nane's that we encounter on the way, till we have a solid group of players.

LesH
It was painful to watch that the boys have done on the field all they could do, but this is the level they can play.
This is the team Mo and Preki constructed (minus 5 of the best starters) - simply to little talent (Mista and Cann excepted).

This team needs at least 3 more players at the level of those missing today to be competitive in MLS. Will that ever happen?????

Vince Whirlwind
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Leafs season starts soon...more empty promises, ourageous prices and poor results.

MLSE...leading the way in mediocrity!

ArmenJBX
09-04-2010, 09:47 PM
The thing is, why should MLSE change anything if they're making a profit? They don't have a winning mentality. MLSE doesn't make moves to win trophies, they make moves to temporarily appeal fans to come back.

If I'm making 20,000+ attendance worth and the team is shit, why should I spend more money and more time finding players and winning trophies if I'm going to still be making 20,000+ attendance worth, whatever that figure is.

Their goal is never to win. I think this is a real advantage American teams have. Their organizations demand wins, demand good football, and demand results. Canadian teams are content with just being good enough. We don't have that killer instinct, nor that winning drive, and it's very typically Canadian. The organization would be much better in the hands of Yanks if you ask me.

TFC USA
I counted the road wins (MLS) we have on Wikipedia and guess how many we have?

Go fuck yourself, Mo.

Bars92
Our aim should be to equalise before the other team score.

denime

True,it was awful to watch that 2-3 passes between our defenders always end up in long pass over the midfiled,we missed JDG in transition from defense to offense tonight and vs NYRB.

Bars92
09-04-2010, 09:48 PM

Go fuck yourself, Mo.

What is the TFC all-time road record including draws?

Detroit_TFC
09-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Can't lay this one on the defense. The defense did well in the first half. The fact is we don't have a striker and haven't since Dichio retired. We can't score goals and that means we can't win games.

Getting a pure striker has to be the number one priority.

ACSertL
09-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Go fuck yourself, Mo.

:lol: wins! I would have guessed 7 points.

Boondaddy
Urge to kill riiiiiising....this team wouldn't be able to score in a whorehouse on a Tuesday afternoon with the blinds closed.

Pachuco

bahahaha, what a joke. You mean how he helped Canada's defense today? or his offense with that incredible field goal he took?

This game was absolutely no different then any other game. We lost 1-0 on the road and you are claiming that our defense was crap because JDG wasn't on the field. bahahahaha. What's even funnier is we were missing our starting CB.

Carts
Discuss.

My summary: MO MUST GO!

Really...???

Preki has offensive players on the bench (if you're healthy enough to dress, you're healthy enough to play) and brings in Peterson when we're down 1-nil, and Mo must go is your thought...???

Ya Mo must go, but take the idiot coach with you!!!

Carts...

TFC Cityboy
09-04-2010, 09:51 PM
less penetration in and around the box than a bloke with erectile dysfunction after 10 pints.

Bars92
09-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Can't lay this one on the defense. The defense did well in the first half. The fact is we don't have a striker and haven't since Dichio retired. We can't score goals and that means we can't win games.

Getting a pure striker has to be the number one priority.

Mista?

ArmenJBX
09-04-2010, 09:53 PM
It just sucks having no Chad Barrett, De Rosario, and Maicon Santos. Those are our goal scorers. Not OBW, maybe Mista, but we need those guys. The more we don't have them, the shittier we'll be.

Vince Whirlwind
09-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I completely agree with you oldtimer, JDG is so important for this team right now. I know what he did with deportivo and I know what he's doing with us, and he's doing his job well. It's an ugly, Makalele job and as DP a lot of people were expecting this "Messi" type player, but the reality is he does his job perfectly imo. I have no gripes with De Guzman.

The thing with rebuilding is that there are hits and there are misses. You sign a group of 10 new guys, 5 of them are good, you keep them, sell the others. Then you sign another 10, keep 5, and now you have 10 good players. That's how a team is built, gradually, over time.

Look at any MLS team 4 years ago and now. They have a lot of the same players. Look at our team 4 years ago and now. Nada. Nothing. No one. We just have to keep finding the Gargan and Cann's out there and getting rid of the Petersons or Nane's that we encounter on the way, till we have a solid group of players.

Agree with the philosophy, but assuming in a couple years as/if we get something solid going on, Dero will be getting too old, Frei and Attakora will be playing overseas, guys like Mista will get fed up and leave, etc. etc. What do you do with JDG in 2 years??? Is he worth the DP spot??

We're hoping for guys like Nane, Ibrahaim, etc. to be our go to guys eventually...and I don't like our chances.

TFC USA
What is the TFC all-time road record including draws?

This article is 3 weeks old so I guess we add 1 more MLS loss?

http://ssreporters.wordpress.com/2010/08/12/7-11-36/

MFG1
HEY MLSE can I be guaranteed more of this next year, oooh I am so looking forward to it........
http://www.southdacola.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/pics_shit-sandwich.jpg

Detroit_TFC
Mista?

Sure why not, but that's not what Preki is using him for, in fact that's the one thing Preki has NOT used him for.

Carts
09-04-2010, 09:55 PM
If JDG was in this game, nothing would have changed. The game would have been the same but his supporters would be saying "...he has nobody to play with..." instead of saying "...look we lost and had no control without him..."

Nothing would have changed unfortunately...

He played with our national team today, and did little to impress there either...

Carts...

rocker
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I miss Chad.

tfcleeds
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Didn't watch either the Canada or the TFC match today, and sounds like I didn't miss much at all, apart from some horrendously bad soccer.

Thank goodness for college football. (I know, such a statement sounds almost sacreligious on these boards, but for today, I'm glad I was watching something else).

Carts
09-04-2010, 09:57 PM
It just sucks having no Chad Barrett, De Rosario, and Maicon Santos. Those are our goal scorers. Not OBW, maybe Mista, but we need those guys. The more we don't have them, the shittier we'll be.

Agreed...

Sad thing is was Santos was on the bench... "Healthy enough to dress means healthy enough to play" and our coach DOESN'T bring him in when we're down 1-0...

NO, he brings in PETERSON!

ArmenJBX
09-04-2010, 09:57 PM
My goal this year was to see us playing soccer, not hoofball. To a certain extent, I've seen that, so I'm satisfied. I trust Preki because I know what he'll bring to this team over time. Next year I expect us to be more consistent and have a more regular team. I'm hoping that we sign a left back and a winger, a LB like Gargan, hard working, resiliant and cheap, and a more illustrious left back, perhaps in the mold of NY's Lindpere or someone like Cory Ashe.

Jacob Peterson, I believe, is like Chad Barrett. I see a lot of Barrett with Peterson. He just needs some time and I think he'll have an okay career here. Same with LaBrocca. However, as of right now, he's shit. But, like I've said, we can always fix shit.

Carts
09-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Didn't watch either the Canada or the TFC match today, and sounds like I didn't miss much at all, apart from some horrendously bad soccer.

I didn't go to the Canada match (watched on TV)...

I didn't go to the bar for the TFC match (watched at home with beers)...

I made the 100% right choice...

Carts... :)

Oldtimer
09-04-2010, 09:58 PM
The thing is, why should MLSE change anything if they're making a profit? They don't have a winning mentality. MLSE doesn't make moves to win trophies, they make moves to temporarily appeal fans to come back.

MLSE always wants to make the playoffs. That's more money for them. That's why JFJ was finally turfed from the Leafs, and why we can have some hope that Anselmi will finally can Mo.

Heart of Stone
09-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Leafs season starts soon...more empty promises, ourageous prices and poor results.

MLSE...leading the way in mediocrity!

Come on you have to admit the raptors have an amazing roster...

Pachuco
09-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey Oldtimer, Cunningham scored in the 47th minute today. Shit that's really a late goal allowed by TFC because JDG wasn't on the field.

SamK
09-04-2010, 10:01 PM
they really didnt play that badly. They strung a lot of passes together at times and kept possession for long stretches at times too. I also thought O'brian White played well, he hustled more than anybody and made some nice touches.
It really wasnt such a bad road game. I know its late in the season and we really need wins, but it didnt end so badly even though we didnt have JDG and nana and everyone else out.

TFC USA
09-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't see why Peterson should be defended. He cannot cross for shit.

Detroit_TFC
09-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I guess it could be worse. DCU didn't even have a shot on goal today.

Heart of Stone
Don't understand Preki's fascination with Peterson... he lacks confidence big time...

Martin Saric was brutal especially in the 10 minutes before being sent off...

Harden played well ... made an incredible tackle on Luna to save a sure goal...

LesH

Thank goodness for college football. (I know, such a statement sounds almost sacreligious on these boards, but for today, I'm glad I was watching something else).

You're a happy guy! :hump:

Oldtimer
09-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey Oldtimer, Cunningham scored in the 47th minute today. Shit that's really a late goal allowed by TFC because JDG wasn't on the field.

They had a couple of opportunities at the end that should have been goals, that's what I was referring to.

Anyway, you obviously didn't notice the lack of transition between defense or offense, or you wouldn't make such statements as you did earlier in this thread.

You and I should sit down with a game tape some day, and I could show you from a coach's eye how big a difference he makes.

Vince Whirlwind
they really didnt play that badly. They strung a lot of passes together at times and kept possession for long stretches at times too. I also thought O'brian White played well, he hustled more than anybody and made some nice touches.
It really wasnt such a bad road game. I know its late in the season and we really need wins, but it didnt end so badly even though we didnt have JDG and nana and everyone else out.

Those Garcia to Usanov lateral passes you mean? OBW's missed header from 3 ft. out? Yeah he ran a lot, but trying your best only counts so much in professional sports.

Did we watch the same game?!

ArmenJBX
Pachuco, do you go out of your way to fight with people on this board? Just wondering.

TFC USA, Peterson is a utility player, someone who I see potential in, in a way I don't see with other players. I see it in LaBrocca, Saric, and Harden, and I saw it in Garcia too, early on. I don't see it in Nane, Usanov, Hscanovics, and OBW. If anyone remembers, I was very excited when we signed Garcia, but I quickly put foot into mouth :D But, I always said that with a good, defensive system he wouldn't be too bad and now he's a very useful LB.

TFC Cityboy
09-04-2010, 10:06 PM
we're shit. End of.Something has to change.

SOON.

Heart of Stone
09-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Must be tough for an accomplished player like Mista to play in a high school football stadium called Pizza Hut Park...

Pachuco
09-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Pachuco, do you go out of your way to fight with people on this board? Just wondering.

TFC USA, Peterson is a utility player, someone who I see potential in, in a way I don't see with other players. I see it in LaBrocca, Saric, and Harden, and I saw it in Garcia too, early on. I don't see it in Nane, Usanov, Hscanovics, and OBW. If anyone remembers, I was very excited when we signed Garcia, but I quickly put foot into mouth :D But, I always said that with a good, defensive system he wouldn't be too bad and now he's a very useful LB.

when people call me out, I respond.

Carts
09-04-2010, 10:08 PM

Usanov was one of our better players tonight...

Peterson was brought in when we were a man down... Not his fault - not his role, but PREKI is an IDIOT for making that change, without bringing in someone more offensive minded with his fresh legs...

Carts...

Oldtimer

Nobody called you out directly. However, as the self-appointed "leader" of the anti-JDG "movement" of 4, I supposed you might consider yourself called-out. :D

Bars92

As a Leeds fan you must be used to horrendously bad soccer.

Oldtimer
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Usanov was one of our better players tonight...

Peterson was brought in when we were a man down... Not his fault - not his role, but PREKI is an IDIOT for making that change, without bringing in someone more offensive minded with his fresh legs...

Carts...

Preki has been over-rated by many on this board. At season's end, we need to clean house.

fiji_blue
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Its bad enough I am in Michigan attending a wedding and getting game updates from the forum... reading that we lost.....BUT the icing on the SH*T CAKE is the parents of the Columbus Crew Juniors are staying in the same hotel as me laughing it up.
MO must F'n GO

Detroit_TFC
09-04-2010, 10:10 PM

The first half was ok from a defensive standpoint but didn't really press them. In the second half we had some chances but couldn't do anything with them. I couldn't see how we would do any better than a tie.

I will say, considering the record that they have right now, FCD did not impress me a bit.

Pachuco
09-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Nobody called you out directly. However, as the self-appointed "leader" of the anti-JDG movement of 4, I supposed you might consider yourself called-out. :D

You might as well have put my name up there ;)

Really though, we lost 1-0 and didn't play all that bad. Not sure how you manage to throw JDG into this thread.

I can also point you to a certain game where we lost 2-1 away from home in the 95th minute agains the Union. JDG played 95 minutes ;)

Heart of Stone
09-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Even though we were missing several of our big guns(DeRo, DeGu, Barratt, etc.) I thought the team played better tonight than they did in K.C. on July 31... which was also a 1-0 loss...

SamK
09-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Those Garcia to Usanov lateral passes you mean? OBW's missed header from 3 ft. out? Yeah he ran a lot, but trying your best only counts so much in professional sports.

Did we watch the same game?!

One mistake from OBW, that was really it. Dero makes many mistakes every game and he is still loved. The amount of times he loses possession always hurts the team, and yet hes still loved by most people here. Im just saying that OBW did play a decent game it was just his one mistake that people are focusing on when they say he played badly.
And ya those Garcia to Usanov lateral passes were good. i liked seeing it as it kept possession which created openings. Playing like that will lead to wins.

Carts
09-04-2010, 10:13 PM

Sorry Oldtimer...

This is horrible..

Like I said in a different post, if JDG was on the field, no difference would have been made in the game... All the JDG supporters will scream blue murder, but sorry, nothing...

Actually, like I said before, the only difference would be the post game thoughts of "...we suck we had no JDG, see we played bad..." instead of the usual "...JDG has nobody to pass too, see we played bad..."

Just like in the Canada game... Give aways... Quick turns that look good - giveaway...

Carts...

Pachuco
09-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Even though we were missing several of our big guns(DeRo, DeGu, Barratt, etc.) I thought the team played better tonight than they did in K.C. on July 31... which was also a 1-0 loss...

I agree. the guys on the field didn't give up today. I wasn't expecting a hard fought battle based on the roster we had. we couldn't score today but we were also missing our first three strikers of choice. I jot this game down to injuries and call ups, it's the other games we should have won that let us down.

rocker
09-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Sorry Oldtimer...

This is horrible..

Like I said in a different post, if JDG was on the field, no difference would have been made in the game... All the JDG supporters will scream blue murder, but sorry, nothing...

Actually, like I said before, the only difference would be the post game thoughts of "...we suck we had no JDG, see we played bad..." instead of the usual "...JDG has nobody to pass too, see we played bad..."

Just like in the Canada game... Give aways... Quick turns that look good - giveaway...

Carts...

ya I'm still waiting for the JDG I was told about. Today with Canada he was surrounded by better players and he was still making those same mistakes he always makes. I guess my expectations were just way too high. I doubt things woulda been much different with him tonight.

TFC had enough chances tonight to get a goal or too (White's header shoulda been in.. that was a good cross from Usanov).

denime
09-04-2010, 10:17 PM

Oldtimer did not wrote trolls he wrote JDG haters so you weren't called out.:hump:

Heart of Stone
09-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Harden seems to be coming on strong... we have even more depth in the back now: Cann, Attakora, Gargan, Harden, and a more and more consistent Nick Garcia...

Pachuco
09-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Oldtimer did not wrote trolls he wrote JDG haters so you weren't called out.:hump:

You think I'm a troll. Define what a troll means and apply to me please. You got the balls to call me a troll, prove it. Should I personally insult you as well so you can use your power trip and ban me off this board.

Carts
ya I'm still waiting for the JDG I was told about. Today with Canada he was surrounded by better players and he was still making those same mistakes he always makes. I guess my expectations were just way too high.

You and everyone else, including everyone at MLSE...

HINT HINT nudge nudge...

Heart of Stone
If DeGu shaved his head he would look almost too short to be playing in the big, bad MLS... he's got to keep the fro...

ArmenJBX
Along with a possible return of Emmanuel Gomez who looked promising.

tfcleeds
09-04-2010, 10:22 PM
As a Leeds fan you must be used to horrendously bad soccer.

Actually, we're doing quite well so far this year. Quite looking forward to my trip to Elland Road in 3 weeks.

TFC USA
09-04-2010, 10:22 PM
My goal this year was to see us playing soccer, not hoofball.

Toronto FC is playing Shitball, which is basically soccer but played like complete and utter shit.

Roogsy
09-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Man that Preki really is impressing me...

Where is that sarcasm emoticon.

Carts
09-04-2010, 10:26 PM
To inject some POSITIVITY into the thread...

I will say this, the 11-men (10 at the end) on the pitch worked their asses off for the equalizer...

From Mista running & counting the keeper seconds with his fingers, to Gargan, Garcia, OBW running his ass off, Frei the usual, Cann pressing up - the work ethic and team spirit of TFC was there...

Carts...

Carts
09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Man that Preki really is impressing me...

Where is that sarcasm emoticon.

Preki will not allow us to sub in the sarcasm emoticon, as that would be the RIGHT move at this time...

Carts...

Heart of Stone
09-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Along with a possible return of Emmanuel Gomez who looked promising.

In reference to the depth at defence? Yes - agreed.... Gomez was showing great promise when he went down ... he is 6'3"...

Shakes McQueen
09-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Eh, I will just try and write this one up to the fact that we were missing... what? Our five best players, arguably?

I appreciate the heart the guys showed, but man, that was dreadful to watch.

- Scott

Roogsy
09-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I love the work ethic on our team. And if I were to vote for the most likeable team in the league, TFC would win by a landslide. Hard-working, never dive, best sportsman.

However, they are simply a sub-par team. Let's be realistic. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs they never did. This dream we have that somehow this team is better than last year is based on a record that benefited from what I would now call a lucky month of May. Unless we see another "lucky" month, we are done for the season.

Heart of Stone
09-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Toronto FC is playing Shitball, which is basically soccer but played like complete and utter shit.

Maybe they're fecal freaks...

ArmenJBX
09-04-2010, 10:31 PM
In reference to the depth at defence? Yes - agreed.... Gomez was showing great promise when he went down ... he is 6'3"...

I gotta start figuring this quote button out :D

LesH
09-04-2010, 10:33 PM

I will say this, the 11-men (10 at the end) on the pitch worked their asses off for the equalizer...

From Mista running & counting the keeper seconds with his fingers, to Gargan, Garcia, OBW running his ass off, Frei the usual, Cann pressing up - the work ethic and team spirit of TFC was there...

Carts...

Exactly what I've said in my earlier post.
But if there's not enough talent on the pitch, we'll always get what we got today.

In others words gold can't be made from shit.

Pachuco
09-04-2010, 10:34 PM
JimmyBald I gotta say you are way overrating Garcia. He's not a decent LB. He's just all we got. Garcia's positioning today is what got Cunningham his goal.

Beach_Red
09-04-2010, 10:35 PM
MLSE always wants to make the playoffs. That's more money for them. That's why JFJ was finally turfed from the Leafs, and why we can have some hope that Anselmi will finally can Mo.

Of course they want to, they just don't know how to (or really, they don't have a management style that can do it).

It's not like getting rid of JFJ has got the Leafs into the playoffs - how many years does the replacement get? Why should we expect TFC to be any different than their other teams?

TFC USA
09-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Maybe they're fecal freaks...

Mo is raping your wallet by putting out a shit product. Mo is shit.

Maybe Mo is a fecal freak and is giving the fans an unwanted Dirty Sanchez.

Heart of Stone
09-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Mo is raping your wallet by putting out a shit product. Mo is shit.

Maybe Mo is a fecal freak and is giving the fans an unwanted Dirty Sanchez.

And Mo lives 500 metres from a sewage treatment plant ... what a shit-lover he is!?!

Fushida
09-04-2010, 10:54 PM

Oh my... It seems like if Gerry Dobson and Craig Forrest repeat the same thing 10 times, people believe them.

Honestly though I don't even know how to begin with saying how WRONG that bolded statement is and how SAD it is that there are people who still believe OBW is a viable option as striker in any soccer team not at an amateur level.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized that you saw "a lot of passes strung together" and "kept possession for long stretches". Did Dobson and Forrest say that too? What the fuck was I watching then?

SamK
09-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Oh my... It seems like if Gerry Dobson and Craig Forrest repeat the same thing 10 times, people believe them.

Honestly though I don't even know how to begin with saying how WRONG that bolded statement is and how SAD it is that there are people who still believe OBW is a viable option as striker in any soccer team not at an amateur level.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized that you saw "a lot of passes strung together" and "kept possession for long stretches". Did Dobson and Forrest say that too? What the fuck was I watching then?

haha they dont make me think that, i thought of it myself :)
And you really did misunderstand my post, i never said that he is a viable option as a starter for for us. I dont think he should be a starter, not even a first man off the bench for us, but today he played well for us. Next game he should go back to the bench and only come back on if we really need a striker and there arent other better options. I only think he played well today. I agree with you he has been close to horrible for most of this season.

dow117
09-04-2010, 11:27 PM
The boys tried hard but face it ... a complete lack of quality; even our good ones are just that ..."good"... not great. There are just too many that are not comfortable on the ball and spray it anywhere.... No wonder TFC has the lowest away attendance in the League: its not watchable stuff..

ArmenJBX
09-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Lowest? Didn't know that :(

Vince Whirlwind
09-04-2010, 11:36 PM
haha they dont make me think that, i thought of it myself :)
And you really did misunderstand my post, i never said that he is a viable option as a starter for for us. I dont think he should be a starter, not even a first man off the bench for us, but today he played well for us. Next game he should go back to the bench and only come back on if we really need a striker and there arent other better options. I only think he played well today. I agree with you he has been close to horrible for most of this season.

Maybe you might want to phrase it he "played hard" instead of "well". I didn't see much of anything from him creatively nor did he ever look to be a threat. That missed header was a ball you HAVE TO at least force a save out of at this level.

That being said, just about any player in his position would bust their butt trying to show what they can do. I just think OBW doesn't really have the skills to pay the bills you know what I mean? Reminds me of Julius James - highly touted, can probably hang around the league awhile based on potential, but in the end...there just ain't that much.

LesH
09-05-2010, 06:52 AM

Sadly this is very true.
I can't stand to watch OBW (for a longer time now), even that fatass lazy Gerba was a more valuable player for the team.

tfc007
09-05-2010, 06:57 AM
We Are Fucken Horrible,i Cant Wait Till Mlse Calls Me To Renew My Tickets For Next Year.i Will Allways Love The Tfc And The Red Patch Boys ,but 4 Years Of Promises,lies,bullshit From Mlse Its Starting To Wear On Me.i Think I Will Be Supporting In The Future From My Couch.probably Better For My Health.

LesH
09-05-2010, 06:58 AM
No wonder TFC has the lowest away attendance in the League: its not watchable stuff..

This and also the fact that they are the only team outside the USA.
We all know the average American's mentality: they really care only about stuff which is American.

LesH
09-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Lowest? Didn't know that :(

What a fuckin paradox: we have almost the highest home attendance and the clearly the lowest away attendance.

This only demonstrates how wonderful are the Toronto fans, and that they are simply FANS (not like the majority of crowds at so many other clubs - the soccer mom & kids type), but hey you can't give even good fans a shit product for year after year after year after year.

I just can't see the attendance at BMO being so high in the future if things are not changing radically with the quality of product this team is offering on the pitch.

ManUtd4ever
09-05-2010, 08:47 AM

Carts...

I love the work ethic on our team. And if I were to vote for the most likeable team in the league, TFC would win by a landslide. Hard-working, never dive, best sportsman.

I agree with all the points stated above. I thought TFC played much better than expected given their depleted roster and definitely deserved a result last night. The effort was tremendous but the depth on our squad is simply not good enough to compete against the top clubs in the league with our 5 best players out of the lineup. I don't think Santos was quite ready and Preki probably thought it was more prudent to save him for the next 7 matches in the month of September.

Preki has made his share of mistakes but the tireless work ethic and never say die attitude he has instilled in the club is undeniable. If TFC had not lost Santos and Barrett at such a critical point of the season I honestly believe they would be in a playoff position at this point. If TFC can have a full squad available for the balance of the schedule and continue to display heart and determination, they just might make the playoff race a little more interesting down the stretch...

Carts
09-05-2010, 08:55 AM
I agree with all the points stated above. I thought TFC played much better than expected given their depleted roster and definitely deserved a result last night. The effort was tremendous but the depth on our squad is simply not good enough to compete against the top clubs in the league with our 5 best players out of the lineup. I don't think Santos was quite ready and Preki probably thought it was more prudent to save him for the next 7 matches in the month of September.

Preki has made his share of mistakes but the tireless work ethic and never say die attitude he has instilled in the club is undeniable. If TFC had not lost Santos and Barrett at such a critical point of the season I honestly believe they would be in a playoff position at this point. If TFC can have a full squad available for the balance of the schedule and continue to display heart and determination, they just might make the playoff race a little more interesting down the stretch...

The bolded statement, 100% spot on...

The guys we have played for the crest, played for us, played for Toronto, emptied the tank, but if you don't have the depth & players - there's only so much hard work will accomplish...

Carts...

London
09-05-2010, 09:08 AM
so hard work = losses

talent = wins

am i thinking "out of the box" on this one???

Wull
09-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I just don't get the jdg love on here, I don't get why people being Canadian seems to automatically make them decent players with some people (DP money for Hume?!) I understand the position he plays very well before the usual retorts start. I've been playing it since I was 7 and some of my favourite players were the likes of Lambert, McCall and Carsley. He doesn't tackle or break up the play as well as a dm should and he can't seem to get the ball to a red shirt on a regular basis regardless of who should be running where.

All of that aside, I can't fault the efforts of the team last night. Everybody ran their guts out last night, they just can't shoot to save themselves. I'd say we missed Guevara more than anyone because the final ball was missing more than not and even then I'm not sure we had someone who could tuck it away

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 09:16 AM
The bolded statement, 100% spot on...

The guys we have played for the crest, played for us, played for Toronto, emptied the tank, but if you don't have the depth & players - there's only so much hard work will accomplish...

Carts...

Like a few others, I wonder what may have become of our season, if we hadn't lost Barrett for such a long time, in addition to the extremely promising looking Maicon after only a couple of matches.

Of course, you could also say that a team with proper depth would never allow it's playoff hopes to hinge on the health of a player or two. But we all know who that responsibility boils down to.

I'm just exhausted with having the same conversations here day after day, about the same problems we have had for years.

- Scott

Alixir
09-05-2010, 09:20 AM
to all those who are saying JDG is a great player for this team...I saw one thing last night without him that I rarely see while he is on the pitch...we actually strung together 4 or 5 passes. He was shit in the Canada Peru game aswell. Also I think he has actually had only 1 real shot on goal since he signed with us. 90% of the time he misses the net by an acre.

My opinion.

David_Oliveira
09-05-2010, 09:25 AM
I think what this shows us is that we need to blow this team up again. we have a good core but need to reinforce certain areas.

KEEP:

Our Goalies (Sadly, even with our horrible GA, I have never thought it was the GKs' fault)
Defence: Cann, Harden, Attakora (if he stops being a douche and signs), Gargan. Gargan has fought from just a depth player to someone who deserves a spot on the team.
Midfield: De Guz and Dero are definite starters but we need more depth and wing players.
Forwards: Maicon and Barrett. THAT IS ALL WE HAVE and lets see how Maicon comes back. the 590 team was debating on his injury being a ligament injury.

With that said, our lineup for next year needs major help. This is my speculated starting 11. I really don't think Attakora stays. He has his mind set on leaving.

-------------Frei------------
empty-Harden-cann-empty
------------Deguz-----------
empty----------------empty
-------------Dero-----------
-------Barrett-Santos------

Depth:
Conway
Kocic

Gargan (if we don't find a decent RB he can start)
Garcia (Hey we don't pay his contract)
Usanov
Raivis

Labrocca
Nane
Saric

That leaves us 10 spots from 25. 4 on the starting 11 and 6 depth players. At Goalie and Defense, I think we have decent players Depth and Starting.

bgnewf
09-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Can anyone confirm if Attakora was hurt last night? I can't understand how Hart calls him up for Canada when he was needed for his club and not even start him.

If I was TFC I would be fucking furious about that.

koryo
09-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Can anyone confirm if Attakora was hurt last night? I can't understand how Hart calls him up for Canada when he was needed for his club and not even start him.

If I was TFC I would be fucking furious about that.

I seem to recall you being furious about it anyway :D

Seriously though, disappointing game but a pleasure standing with you man.

ArmenJBX
09-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Here's what you do next year, Mo, if you're reading this.

Goalkeepers:

Stefan Frei - Goes to Europe, if not, starts
Jon Conway - Becomes starter, if not, depth.
Milos Kocic - Comes back from loan, full team player.
---> In the case of Frei leaving, look for a cheap keeper from the USL. We already have spot 1 and 2 covered.

Defenders

Dan Gargan - Pay raise, keep.
Maxim Usanov - Keep
Nana Attakora - Goes to Europe
Adrian Cann - KEEP
Ty Harden - Starts in place on Attakora
Emmanuel Gomez - Back from injury, trial then keep or sell.
Raivis Hscanovics - Sell
Gabe Gala - Begin starting at LB.
Nick Garcia - LB replacement, do not sell.
---> In the case of Nana leaving, sign a CB in the draft.
---> In the case of Emmanuel Gomez failing trial, sign "Dejan Jakovic" from DC United.
---> In the case of Raivis Hscanovics leaving, sign "Michael Harrington" from Kansas City Wizards.

---> If you can, sign Kevin McKenna.

Midfielders

Martin Saric - Keep
Nick LaBrocca - Keep
Amadou Sanyang - Keep
Jacob Peterson - Start him in all preseason games. Get a read on any potential growth. After a full preseason, see how he performs.
Julian de Guzman - Keep.
Dwayne De Rosario - Keep
Sell everyone else.

---> Sign "Will Johnson" from Real Salt Lake. Sign "Cory Ashe" from Houston Dynamo.

Forwards

Maicon Santos - Keep
Chad Barrett - Keep
Fuad Ibrahim - Sell and never look back.
OBW - Trade with Vancouver or give up in expansion draft.
Mista - Send him packing if he's not fit.

---> Sign "Cam Weaver" from Houston Dynamo. Sign "Makoumba Kandji" from New York.

Lineup for 2011.

-------------------Conway-----------------
--Gargan--Harden-----------Cann--Harrington
--------------------JDG---------------------
-----Johnson------------------------Ashe---
----------------De Rosario------------------
--------Maicon-------------Barrett---------

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Of course, you could also say that a team with proper depth would never allow it's playoff hopes to hinge on the health of a player or two. But we all know who that responsibility boils down to.

Yeah, Mo and Preki, not just Mo.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah, Mo and Preki, not just Mo.

I'm not going to waste another afternoon having this argument AGAIN, haha.

- Scott

daner90
09-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I am actually surprised we didn't get blown out with the line-up we started.
That being said goodbye playoffs...

Pachuco
09-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Like a few others, I wonder what may have become of our season, if we hadn't lost Barrett for such a long time, in addition to the extremely promising looking Maicon after only a couple of matches.

I'm just exhausted with having the same conversations here day after day, about the same problems we have had for years.

- Scott

See I don't look at it that way at all. You are always going to lose 1 or 2 players to injury throughout the season. You are always going to lose players to international duty. Those are things you know will always happen on any team in any league. And in fact it's something that's happened to TFC every year we've played. Heck we've had like 9 players missing from a game once.

Where we went wrong is we gave up alot of points both at home and away from home to teams we had no business giving up points to. Now we are paying for it because now is the time where we really have an excuse to give up to the points.

I remember the pro-Preki camp 5 games ago talking about how great of a position we were in and that we were fighting for the last playoff spot. It was obvious to me (and I said this) that our position was inflated because of the quality of teams we had been playing and because we had gone through a long home stand. I even said we should be somewhere around 5th place if we want to be in 8th after the next 6 games. Well here we are, dropped points as predicted and now playoffs are a long shot.

Beach_Red
09-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I think what this shows us is that we need to blow this team up again. we have a good core but need to reinforce certain areas.

KEEP:

Our Goalies (Sadly, even with our horrible GA, I have never thought it was the GKs' fault)
Defence: Cann, Harden, Attakora (if he stops being a douche and signs), Gargan. Gargan has fought from just a depth player to someone who deserves a spot on the team.

Spend ten minutes on this board and try and come up with a good reason for Attakora to stay with TFC.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 10:51 AM
See I don't look at it that way at all. You are always going to lose 1 or 2 players to injury throughout the season. You are always going to lose players to international duty. Those are things you know will always happen on any team in any league. And in fact it's something that's happened to TFC every year we've played. Heck we've had like 9 players missing from a game once.

I'm not looking at it that way either, as I point out in the next paragraph. I was simply wondering to myself out loud, whether our current situation would be any different if we hadn't lost our primary striker for several weeks down the stretch. For a team with no depth at striker (OBW is our second choice striker, and he's awful), that's a major loss.

I wasn't postulating an argument about where we went wrong - I would hope anyone with half a brain could see that dropped points in draw after draw over the past 1.5-2 months, have cost us dearly.

- Scott

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I seem to recall you being furious about it anyway :D

Seriously though, disappointing game but a pleasure standing with you man.

My source says Nana was not hurt and that Hart feels he is not ready.

rocker
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM

wow....not ready to play in a friendly 4 years before the next world cup? geez.

Nana has some faults to be sure (passing) but he's good enough to get some minutes at this point, if not start.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 10:58 AM

In that case, don't take him from our team. He might not be worth minutes to the CMNT, but he's our starting CB in a pivotal game, for crying out loud.

- Scott

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not looking at it that way either, as I point out in the next paragraph. I was simply wondering to myself out loud, whether our current situation would be any different if we hadn't lost our primary striker for several weeks down the stretch. For a team with no depth at striker (OBW is our second choice striker, and he's awful), that's a major loss.

I wasn't postulating an argument about where we went wrong - I would hope anyone with half a brain could see that dropped points in draw after draw over the past 1.5-2 months, have cost us dearly.

- Scott

OB is your second choice striker? I'd put him at fifth behind Maicon, Mista, Chad and Dero.

To those that are bitching about depth, c'mon, there isn't a team in MLS who can lose five of its best starters and not have a massive drop in performance. The fact we lost one nil on a goal that easily could have been called offside against a team that is one helluva role is a miracle in itself. With a bit of luck, we draw or even win despite our shortcomings.
Dallas is on fire. They deserve some credit even if they are defeating a very weakened TFC.

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 11:06 AM
In that case, don't take him from our team. He might not be worth minutes to the CMNT, but he's our starting CB in a pivotal game, for crying out loud.

- Scott

I totally agree. Even if you let him go on Friday, he can still make it to Dallas. I think Hart dropped the ball in this case.

Darlofletch
09-05-2010, 11:07 AM
well, without reading the rest of the thread yet, Watched the game in shoeless after the canada game, and aat the time, i remember being quite unimpressed, and leaving with the thought that we could have played forever and not scored.
Caught most of the game again this morning while reading the paper, and we were a lot better than i remembered. generally defensively solid, and we actually created a few chances to score as well. but I still felt like we were never going to score. Obie had a much better game than usual, but "couldn't score in a brothel" is very appropriate for him.

In his post game interview preki was suggesting it was bad luck, that we just aren't getting the bounces. Nope the difference between us and Dallas wasn't luck, it's that one of their chances fell to Jeff Cunningham, who, despite his faults, does know how to score goals, our chances, aside form set piece headers from cann or harden, fell to white and peterson. With barrett, santos and De Ro out, we just don't have the cutting edge to score goals. That's not luck or bad bounces.

Taken in isolation, not a bad match, and even the result isn't that disappointing, away to one of the better teams in the league. With the season as a whole, just another example of our failings as a squad. Doesn't really hurt our playoff chances too much as i wans't really expecting to get anything from this, but it means we have to get points form all of our winnable games, we've got less and less room for error.

Darlofletch
09-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Is nana injured? that was my guess after they announced him and then he didn't play at all, not even as a sub. I don't buy this line up error excuse.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 11:11 AM
OB is your second choice striker? I'd put him at fifth behind Maicon, Mista, Chad and Dero.

To those that are bitching about depth, c'mon, there isn't a team in MLS who can lose five of its best starters and not have a massive drop in performance. The fact we lost one nil on a goal that easily could have been called offside against a team that is one helluva role is a miracle in itself. With a bit of luck, we draw or even win despite our shortcomings.
Dallas is on fire. They deserve some credit even if they are defeating a very weakened TFC.

Forgot about Mista! DeRo and Maicon are a little hazier though, since in an ideal lineup, both would probably be on the pitch WITH Barrett, playing different positions.

- Scott

Carts
09-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Is nana injured? that was my guess after they announced him and then he didn't play at all, not even as a sub. I don't buy this line up error excuse.

I have no idea if he's injured, got in a fight with Hart, was lazy at training, or whatever - but I don't buy the "line-up error" for a second either...

If that is truly the case, and Hart took a player away from his club during a fixture, f'ed up his lineup, then sent him back without even putting him on the bench - he should be as embarrassed as the CSA for utter incompetance...

Well done Hart, you're admitting you're an idiot in the papers...

And we're putting our WC2014 dreams in his hands... Yikes...

Carts...

Pachuco
09-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Preki's assessment of last night's game

"It’s really hard to believe we lost the game tonight because I thought the group worked extremely hard, showed a lot of commitment and, in a lot of moments, [played] some good football," head coach Preki told Toronto FC TV after the match. "I really feel like this group deserved more and had really no luck at all tonight."

What a joke, our team fails to score ONCE AGAIN and he focuses the fact we worked hard. The epitamy of why I can't stand Preki as a coach. He could care less that we didn't score, all he gives a rats ass about is whether players are runnning hard on the field.

Sorry break it to you Preki, it's not luck that this team needs, it's a coach who knows how to play a balanced game both offensively and defensively. Considering we never looked like we were going to score a goal luck wouldn't have changed this game, except for maybe another 0 - 0 tie.

Carts
09-05-2010, 11:22 AM

"It’s really hard to believe we lost the game tonight because I thought the group worked extremely hard, showed a lot of commitment and, in a lot of moments, [played] some good football," head coach Preki told Toronto FC TV after the match. "I really feel like this group deserved more and had really no luck at all tonight."

What a joke, our team fails to score ONCE AGAIN and he focuses the fact we worked hard. The epitamy of why I can't stand Preki as a coach. He could care less that we didn't score, all he gives a rats ass about is whether players are runnning hard on the field.

Sorry break it to you Preki, it's not luck that this team needs, it's a coach who knows how to play a balanced game both offensively and defensively. Considering we never looked like we were going to score a goal luck wouldn't have changed this game, except for maybe another 0 - 0 tie.

While I agree with you, I have no problem with the coach saying he was pleased with the work ethic - b/c the boys did work hard...

BUT, hard work means shit all nothing if you can't score & defend at the same time (like you said)...

Personally, I would prefer a coach who, after this game, said something like this...

"Goals win games, and we didn't convert. Yes, I think the group worked extremely hard, showed a lot of commitment and, in a lot of moments, [played] some good football," head coach Preki told Toronto FC TV after the match. "But hard work only gets you so far, and its time we starting turning that hard work into points ."

Right now, Preki's postgame thoughts sound more like "...well it was bad luck, we're gonna keep doing what we're doing..."

TIME TO CHANGE THINGS UP PREKI and get some goals... And NOTE TO PREKI, bringing in Peterson IS NOT the way to SCORE SOME GOALS....

Carts...

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 11:23 AM

I think you're seeing what you want to see in that statement.

He's doing what every coach does to shield his players after a hard, losing effort - praising them for working hard, lamenting the lack of "bounces" coming their way, and saying they deserved more. Coaches do this stuff all the time.

I also disagree with the hyperbole that we NEVER looked like we were going to score a goal. In the moments I watched (and I admit, I nodded off towards the end), I saw two easy headers in the box that OBW and (I believe) Mista both flubbed horribly. In OBW's case, he managed to take what was almost a free header in front of the keeper, and put it several feet wide of the net.

There were also the usual great chances that broke down at the "last pass", because of accuracy problems.

- Scott

ilikemusic
09-05-2010, 11:27 AM
TFC should put together a montage of questionable calls and time wasting tactics by Dallas and set it to funny music. :rolleyes:

Pookie
09-05-2010, 11:29 AM
At the end of the day the simple equation for MLSE is that they approved a $2.7M investment in 2 players with the expected ROI being playoff dates.

Clearly, their investment is in trouble.

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 11:43 AM

He's not injured. Hart chose not to use him.

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Forgot about Mista! DeRo and Maicon are a little hazier though, since in an ideal lineup, both would probably be on the pitch WITH Barrett, playing different positions.

- Scott

My "new" best case scenario is DeRo and Maicon up front with Mista in the slot and Chad on a wing as an AM.

Beach_Red
09-05-2010, 11:51 AM
At the end of the day the simple equation for MLSE is that they approved a $2.7M investment in 2 players with the expected ROI being playoff dates.

Sure, but compared to the trouble their other teams are in it's small change and likely far down the list of priorities.

But it is this focus on the details rather than the bigger picture that drives MLSE and is the reason they can't build a sustained winner. Back in the 80's it was a management style called "Total Quality Management," that broke everything down into small tasks and judged each one on its own -- kind of the opposite of a wholistic approach. It's that way of looking at the team that sees a point total improvement in each year and awards the management contract extensions rather than looking at the bigger picture and seeing the real direction the team is heading.

In the standings results, TFC has improved every year over the last three while New England has gotten worse - but not many people here would prefer TFC's management to New England's. But the way MLSE does business, they see TFC getting more points and New England getting fewer and the choice is simple.

Azerban
09-05-2010, 11:54 AM
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created Mo Johnston." - Charles Darwin

jloome
09-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I also disagree with the hyperbole that we NEVER looked like we were going to score a goal. In the moments I watched (and I admit, I nodded off towards the end), I saw two easy headers in the box that OBW and (I believe) Mista both flubbed horribly. In OBW's case, he managed to take what was almost a free header in front of the keeper, and put it several feet wide of the net.
- Scott

I don't remember either player flubbing an "easy header." OB's had him steaming in from the edge of the box and was quite high, very difficult to put on net. And Mista's was a half chance at best.

Sorry Shakes, you're often the voice of reason on here but if you think we created any kind of offensive threat in that game other than happenstance, you're in for a rude surprise when it comes to the level of performance required to actually make the playoffs in MLS.

Dallas worked an offense. They had calculated offensive approaches, like overbalancing one side, to create space on the other for switching fields. Like using their fullback to create space at the edge of the box for a shot by a central midfielder. Like sending men to each post on a corner! Basic, time-tested offensive approaches.

And they had David Ferreira to run their offense, and he's better than any player we have at doing that, period.

Right now, DeRo is our only unpredictable offensive threat. Unless he moves into space or pulls defenders away from their zones, everything we do is horribly predictable, horribly uncreative. Even Chad, who is consistently threatening, relies on the space created by DeRo to do much.

We're just not creative enough or smart enough on the ball. Any team relying on Labrocca, Peterson and Joseph Nane in the midfield is pretty much doomed, and although OB has some technique, he has no first step at all, and can't seem to get open without a strike partner.

We have no flair, no offense and no chance of making the playoffs with this team.

EDIT: And for those ragging on Mista, he was our best offensive player. Sad as that sounds. He had some good touches, some technique, created some space, but isn't fast enough anymore to do it on his own. He needs people around him who are in tune, and OB White and Jacob Peterson don't cut the muster.

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't remember either player flubbing an "easy header." OB's had him steaming in from the edge of the box and was quite high, very difficult to put on net. And Mista's was a half chance at best.

Sorry Shakes, you're often the voice of reason on here but if you think we created any kind of offensive threat in that game other than happenstance, you're in for a rude surprise when it comes to the level of performance required to actually make the playoffs in MLS.

Dallas worked an offense. They had calculated offensive approaches, like overbalancing one side, to create space on the other for switching fields. Like using their fullback to create space at the edge of the box for a shot by a central midfielder. Like sending men to each post on a corner! Basic, time-tested offensive approaches.

And they had David Ferreira to run their offense, and he's better than any player we have at doing that, period.

Right now, DeRo is our only unpredictable offensive threat. Unless he moves into space or pulls defenders away from their zones, everything we do is horribly predictable, horribly uncreative. Even Chad, who is consistently threatening, relies on the space created by DeRo to do much.

We're just not creative enough or smart enough on the ball. Any team relying on Labrocca, Peterson and Joseph Nane in the midfield is pretty much doomed, and although OB has some technique, he has no first step at all, and can't seem to get open without a strike partner.

We have no flair, no offense and no chance of making the playoffs with this team.

EDIT: And for those ragging on Mista, he was our best offensive player. Sad as that sounds. He had some good touches, some technique, created some space, but isn't fast enough anymore to do it on his own. He needs people around him who are in tune, and OB White and Jacob Peterson don't cut the muster.

... and that's exactly why I'd love to see Mista playing behind DeRo and Maicon. He has the touch and vision to feed both of those men with intelligent balls. He has everything but the pace.

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM

I am TIRED of hearing our coach and our players talk about "luck".

You make your own luck.

When you constantly have "bad luck" it's not luck at all, it's you. Luck is the occasional bad bounce or random event that doesn't go your way. With TFC, it's an entire season of things that don't go our way not because of luck but because of the decisions made by the team.

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:21 PM

When your investment goes awry...who do you blame? Your investment manager.

Who is our investment manager with regards to all these player contracts?

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:24 PM

Oh dear God can someone please package this post and send it to Anselmi, Tanenbaum or ANYONE that can make changes at TFC? This is bang on! I don't think I have ever read a post on this board that I have agreed with more.

Beach_Red
09-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I am TIRED of hearing our coach and our players talk about "luck".

You make your own luck.

When you constantly have "bad luck" it's not luck at all, it's you. Luck is the occasional bad bounce or random event that doesn't go your way. With TFC, it's an entire season of things that don't go our way not because of luck but because of the decisions made by the team.

And yet, it feels as if the team counts on luck - it always feels like they start the game hoping to defend and "get a lucky goal," rather than having any offensive strategy. It's always the other team taking it to TFC, the other team that sets the tone and TFC just trying to hold on.

It never feels like TFC ever plans to go out and get a goal or two and then defend.

Beach_Red
09-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh dear God can someone please package this post and send it to Anselmi, Tanenbaum or ANYONE that can make changes at TFC? This is bang on! I don't think I have ever read a post on this board that I have agreed with more.

But then they'd have to admit they made a mistake - and then compounded the mistake. You've got to find an out for them, a way they can make changes without it looking like they made mistakes from the very beginning, some way of saying, "It was a good decision at the time, but due to events beyond our control, blah, blah, blah..."

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:31 PM
And yet, it feels as if the team counts on luck - it always feels like they start the game hoping to defend and "get a lucky goal," rather than having any offensive strategy. It's always the other team taking it to TFC, the other team that sets the tone and TFC just trying to hold on.

It never feels like TFC ever plans to go out and get a goal or two and then defend.

Exactly...which has been my problem with Preki's style from the beginning. Luck is the only way this team can win.

denime
09-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Not even with some of mine "great" posts,Roogsy this is so disappointing .:(

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Exactly...which has been my problem with Preki's style from the beginning. Luck is the only way this team can win.

... and he lost the players months ago. They'll all be good pro's and say the right things and work hard but he's lost them.

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:34 PM
:lol:

You have had some gems Denime, but Jeremy's post represents the fundamental problem of this team.

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:36 PM
... and he lost the players months ago. They'll all be good pro's and say the right things and work hard but he's lost them.

It does seem like it from what I can see on the pitch and from what I have heard from some players privately. I tell you this, if Preki is back next year, don't expect much better. It will be a repeat of this year.

denime
09-05-2010, 12:37 PM
:lol:

You have had some gems Denime, but Jeremy's post represents the fundamental problem of this team.

Agree,he was bang on.

Carts
09-05-2010, 12:39 PM

In the money business sure - in pro-sports, a little different...

Two people take the blame...
The Investment manager...
AND...
The players/players they invested in (our DP's)...

The manager needs to pick the right people, but those right people need to perform...

In this case, he picked one definitely wrong player, and one who hasn't been here long enough to decide...

Carts...

denime
09-05-2010, 12:42 PM
It does seem like it from what I can see on the pitch and from what I have heard from some players privately. I tell you this, if Preki is back next year, don't expect much better. It will be a repeat of this year.

I can see MO being kicked out at the end of season,but not Preki.ML$E will give him a shot for one more season and probably upgrade his responsibilities to GM and coach,and if next year doesn't work again,we will see new start with new GM and his Coach.

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:44 PM
My favourite expression in sports is "unlock". Sports, all of them, are a variance on the game of chess. One coach puts out a lineup or a strategy and it is countered by the opposing coach. Adjustments are made, strategies are changed, players are moved. It's all strategy.

Preki has no strategy. He is in over his head. It is very much a similar problem to our national team. I love Hart, he has been a dedicated contributor to soccer in Canada but he is in over his head on the international stage. Last night showed how Peru came out in the 2nd half with adjustments and completely took out the Canadian team.

What we need is a coach that can "unlock" the strategies of the other team. A coach that can made adjustments in the 2nd half. A coach that can decipher how to break through an opposing team's defenses. Have we EVER seen Preki come up with something innovative in order to create solid opportunities in front of net?

This year has been just as frustrating as last year. People talk about how great we have been in defence and they would be correct. We were ALL pulling out our hair last year in the last 15 minutes of every game. This year we are more confident with our team in the last 15 minutes of the game in that we won't give up a goal, but we spend 90 minutes a game hoping for a single goal let alone 2 or more. We certainly have not "unlocked" MLS team defenses.

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 12:47 PM
In the money business sure - in pro-sports, a little different...

Two people take the blame...
The Investment manager...
AND...
The players/players they invested in (our DP's)...

The manager needs to pick the right people, but those right people need to perform...

In this case, he picked one definitely wrong player, and one who hasn't been here long enough to decide...

Carts...

We're getting a little detailed here with the analogy but I will disagree with you on this Carts.

The Investment "Advisors" are the Managers of the team.

The product or investments are the players.

The managers pick the investments. If at some point you want to "blow out" an investment (industry term for selling at a loss) it is similar to selling or releasing players that underperform.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 12:50 PM

I think you're assuming I'm making a broader point about our team here, than I actually am.

I am making no declarations about our overall level of performance, and whether it's good enough to make the playoffs this season. I was merely pointing out that, from what I saw, we had at least a couple of good CHANCES to score yesterday. I was contesting Pachuco's specific claim that we never came even close to scoring.

The header opportunity I saw OBW flub, came down in a great spot for him, and he was merely late in directing it with his forehead, which lead to him not putting it forward at a sharp enough angle.

I'm declaring war over a far smaller piece of land here than you think, haha.

Even Chad, who is consistently threatening, relies on the space created by DeRo to do much.

I'll go you one step further, and say that I think Chad is one of MAYBE two people on this entire team that use open space effectively - both off and on the ball. Everyone else just runs forward until the opposition catch up with them, then either passes it backwards, or fires off one of those terrible aerial through balls we are so well known for.

- Scott

Oldtimer
09-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I can see MO being kicked out at the end of season,but not Preki.ML$E will give him a shot for one more season and probably upgrade his responsibilities to GM and coach,and if next year doesn't work again,we will see new start with new GM and his Coach.

I think that your scenario is a possibility. Two others are:

(1) Hire someone like Arena as coach and GM.

(2) Hire a GM and let him either keep or axe Preki.

Preki hasn't shown enough either here or at Chivas to go with your scenario, IMO, which means that its the most likely choice by MLSE. :D

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Just shoot me. You would be doing me a favour.

Chevy
09-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I'll go you one step further, and say that I think Chad is one of MAYBE two people on this entire team that use open space effectively - both off and on the ball. Everyone else just runs forward until the opposition catch up with them, then either passes it backwards, or fires off one of those terrible aerial through balls we are so well known for.

- Scott

Maybe this will finally silence the Barrett haters out there. He may continue to miss his fair share of chances but you know he's going to run his ass of and generate a few each match.

Roogsy
09-05-2010, 01:18 PM
There is only one thing that will silence any "haters" of any player or coach. Results.

The good thing for Barrett is that his strike rate has improved. THAT has contributed to less Barrett hate this year, not his work ethic. We have an entire team that works hard and they are en route to missing the playoffs.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 01:19 PM

Assuming we don't make the playoffs, I think the most likely scenario is that Mo gets fired, MLSE hire a new GM, and Preki is still the coach going into next season.

I would hope MLSE would give the new GM the option to hire his own staff if he chooses, but I'm not holding my breath.

I honestly put the chances of Preki being fired at less than 10%, based on what has transpired to date.

- Scott

Beach_Red
09-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I think that your scenario is a possibility. Two others are:

(1) Hire someone like Arena as coach and GM.

(2) Hire a GM and let him either keep or axe Preki.

Preki hasn't shown enough either here or at Chivas to go with your scenario, IMO, which means that its the most likely choice by MLSE. :D

It has been MLSE's history to hire a new GM and keep the coach (and whole coaching staf) for at least a season - didn't Ensco point out they've done it four times in the last few years with their other two teams?

They're just not an organization that likes wholesale changes (again, I think because it would mean admitting to making so many mistakes in the first place) - they may hire a new GM but they will insist he keep most of the management team in place (or more likely they'll interview a bunch of candidates and pick the one who says all the right things - that he'll keep the management team and coaching staff intact, etc., etc., just like Preki had to keep all the assistants).

(by the wa, has MLSE ever said if they even considered Frank Yallop for the job the first year? Did they not want him or did he not want the terms they offered?)

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. Like every other season the playoffs this year will come down to the last game (mostly because the other teams chasing the last spot are also inconsistent) and then TFC might get lucky and sneak in. Then the season will be declared a success and everyone will get another extension.

rocker
09-05-2010, 01:30 PM
---> sign "Dejan Jakovic" from DC United.
---> sign "Michael Harrington" from Kansas City Wizards.
---> Sign "Cam Weaver" from Houston Dynamo. Sign "Makoumba Kandji" from New York.

Lineup for 2011.

These guys would require trades (can't "sign" them).
The second two are not worth bothering with.

ArmenJBX
09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Cam Weaver and Kandji are better then OBW and Ibrahim, so I'll take um.

Yes, we can sign them if we give allocation money for example. It doesn't always have to be player for player or pick for player.

Pachuco
09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I think you're assuming I'm making a broader point about our team here, than I actually am.

I am making no declarations about our overall level of performance, and whether it's good enough to make the playoffs this season. I was merely pointing out that, from what I saw, we had at least a couple of good CHANCES to score yesterday. I was contesting Pachuco's specific claim that we never came even close to scoring.

The header opportunity I saw OBW flub, came down in a great spot for him, and he was merely late in directing it with his forehead, which lead to him not putting it forward at a sharp enough angle.

I'm declaring war over a far smaller piece of land here than you think, haha.

- Scott

The OBW opportunity and the Peterson opportunity were the only legit chances we had in this game. The problem is, as soon as the ball left OBie's head and Peterson's foot I knew there was no chance of us putting the ball in the net.

You are taking what I am saying way to literal. 2 chances in 90 minutes simply isn't enough to contradict my view that this team never looked like they were going to score. As Jloome put it, there is no flare, no class on this team. There is no build up play from this team. When we score it's because of individual players like Dero, Maicon and Barrett having a moment of brilliance. It's rare that this team puts 4 passes together and the ball ends up in the back of the net. We typically lost the ball somewhere between our midfielders and our forwards. Quality chances are very rare on this team.

Somehow Preki though manages to blame it on luck. If we hit the post 3 times and their goalie robbed us another 3 times then maybe I could say we lacked a little bit of luck. But come on now, this team needs to learn how to play as an attacking machine alot more then they need luck.

TFC USA
09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
When is the last time we scored an MLS road goal?

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2010, 04:16 PM
The OBW opportunity and the Peterson opportunity were the only legit chances we had in this game. The problem is, as soon as the ball left OBie's head and Peterson's foot I knew there was no chance of us putting the ball in the net.

I certainly agree with you there, haha. I swore out loud after the OBW miss.

Somehow Preki though manages to blame it on luck. If we hit the post 3 times and their goalie robbed us another 3 times then maybe I could say we lacked a little bit of luck. But come on now, this team needs to learn how to play as an attacking machine alot more then they need luck.

Again, I think you're just getting out of that quote what you want to see. He mentioned poor "luck", the same way NHL coaches and players talk about not getting the "bounces" - it's just a way of trying to shield your guys from press scrutiny, and keeping morale up after leaving it all on the pitch and not getting a result.

If that was most other coaches, we would probably just write it off as the usual press conference pablum where the coach defends his guys. I certainly heard Cummins and Carver mention poor "luck" more than once after a loss.

- Scott

Brooker
09-05-2010, 06:06 PM
everything that could have gone wrong seems to have happend. no goals, cuntingham scores, red card.... glad I was up north for this disaster. im afraid to even watch the highlights... think I'll skip 'em. pretend it never happend.

bgnewf
09-05-2010, 08:05 PM

but with all due respect to Hart, WHY THE FUCK WAS HE CALLED UP THEN WHEN HE COULD HAVE HELPED IN DALLAS???

If I was TFC I would be hugely pissed about this.

ensco
09-05-2010, 08:14 PM
The last two pages here make this the best thread I've read on TFC in a loooooooong time.

I'd only add that Preki tied his fate to Mo when he signed here. I think the real decision facing Anselmi is whether to keep both or fire both. I can actually see the argument for keeping both, fwiw, but my vote would be to start over.

Darlofletch
09-05-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/09/losing-so-nice-we-did-it-twice-part-two.html

Bad luck? bullshit.

Pookie
09-05-2010, 09:08 PM

I guess the question is do you simplify things and seek one new investment manager who works alone and is willing to put up with a meddling President?

Or do you hire an investment manager and then surround him with solid football minds and resources (ie. scouting, who would have ever thought of that) AND remove the President from the equation?

Vancouver is doing the latter.

jazzy
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM

And they had David Ferreira to run their offense, and he's better than any

player we have at doing that, period.

sadly you have an accurate assesment

denime
09-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Just shoot me. You would be doing me a favour.

Yeah you wish.Why would you have better than us.

I'll buy you a good helmet so when you start :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: at least you want hurt yourself. :D

Heart of Stone
09-05-2010, 10:20 PM
but with all due respect to Hart, WHY THE FUCK WAS HE CALLED UP THEN WHEN HE COULD HAVE HELPED IN DALLAS???

If I was TFC I would be hugely pissed about this.

The FCD goal was largely due to miscommunication between Garcia and Cann ... not beyond the realm of possibility that had Attakora been on the field this would not have happened... but Dallas should have been given a penalty shot later in the game when Garcia hauled someone down in the box...

Blizzard
09-05-2010, 11:03 PM

I agree. You kind of hate to say that a new man is needed as it would be our fifth head coach in five seasons but I honestly don't see an alternative.

nascarguy
09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
I do not know how much longer I can put up with this bull shit from MO ? They better not put the price up too high for next season.

David_Oliveira
09-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I was once a firm believer in Preki. I cannot stand by him anymore. The disgrace week in and week out is getting to be too much. Our leading scorer is an AM playing out of position. I think with Dero at AM and Maicon and Chad upfront, we have looked our most dangerous. Lets see what happens in Chi-Town. Preki is on his way out but who do we sign?

DichioTFC
09-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Are people surprised Toronto lost to a streaking Dallas on the road? Everyone's up in arms as though it wasnt expected.

We had a few (VERY few) games left that we could have lost and that was one of them. 8 games left (3 at home), 13 points needed to hit the magical 40 threshold. 3 home wins, 5 road draws, we'll have 41 points. Hell, turn one of those draws into a win and we'll have 44 and face an easier opponent.

Nobody's saying it'll be easy, but I still believe we can make the playoffs. We have all winter to be bitter and angry, why start so early?

Fuck it, I'm going to Chicago optimistic that I'll be bringing home a point or three.

SirBobSaget
09-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Are people surprised Toronto lost to a streaking Dallas on the road? Everyone's up in arms as though it wasnt expected.

We had a few (VERY few) games left that we could have lost and that was one of them. 8 games left (3 at home), 13 points needed to hit the magical 40 threshold. 3 home wins, 5 road draws, we'll have 41 points. Hell, turn one of those draws into a win and we'll have 44 and face an easier opponent.

Nobody's saying it'll be easy, but I still believe we can make the playoffs. We have all winter to be bitter and angry, why start so early?

Fuck it, I'm going to Chicago optimistic that I'll be bringing home a point or three.

PTS GP
San Jose Earthquakes 32 21
Seattle Sounders FC 32 23
Toronto FC 27 22
Kansas City Wizards 27 22
Chicago Fire 25 20

40 is not the magical threshold, they're battling with SJ and Seattle both having 32 points to TFC's 27. Nevermind SJ also having a game in hand and Chi + KC also running with TFC. They will need something like 3 home wins and 3 away wins, so ya good luck with that.

Keystone FC
09-06-2010, 03:57 AM

Actually, TFC just needs to win the rest of their matches cause when you included draws and losses then we have to wait around for the rest of the potential playoff clubs to play the rest of their games to see who makes it in and who watches from home.
I'd rather go in strong than backing into the playoffs, but this isn't EA Sports FIFA franchise which you can set the matches to 'amateur' and destroy the rest of the league.
If our guys REALLY want this they better start with a victory in Chicago and go from there. The season starts (or could end) Wednesday.

LesH
09-06-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/09/losing-so-nice-we-did-it-twice-part-two.html

Bad luck? bullshit.

Very good blog man.
Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Ossington Mental Youth
09-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Preki is on his way out but who do we sign?

all speculation.
Mo i'd believe, this on the other hand...

Darlofletch
09-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Very good blog man.
Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Thanks LesH
appreciate it.

bgnewf
09-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Two Losses & One Inexplicable Decision

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/inexplicable/

Some video thoughts from the TFC loss this weekend past in Dallas, the fact that effort needs quality to succeed, why Nana Attakora being left out of the Canadian National Team's lineup was an odd decision plus some live video from the south stands on Saturday past.

Comments are always welcome.