PDA

View Full Version : Bad turf = home advantage

Oldtimer
06-25-2008, 10:11 AM
talking about RSL (second in West):

That turf that Findley uses to his advantage may be the biggest home field advantage in the league. But not in a good way. Opposing teams hate playing on the worst surface in MLS. And that’s why it’s the field, and not being home, that gives the advantage. In fact, Real may be the first team in the league’s history to lose its edge by moving to a soccer-specific stadium, which it will do this October.
Currently, RSL are one of two teams who have not lost at home and the other, coincidentally, is Toronto FC, who also play on an artificial surface. Granted New England and New York also play on artificial surfaces, but have combined for just three losses between them in 14 games. Let’s just hope those stats don’t start a trend for any new soccer stadia.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=751008

ensco
06-25-2008, 12:38 PM
If we meet RSL in the MLS Cup, maybe it would make more sense to play the game in the parking lot

Corpand
06-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Ensco youre my hero

Oldtimer
06-25-2008, 02:10 PM
If we meet RSL in the MLS Cup, maybe it would make more sense to play the game in the parking lot

Given Rickett's street skills, we'd be sure to win!!!

Damien
06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Ensco youre my hero

then we can hold the tailgate on the fieldturf

Roogsy
06-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Turf cannot equal or be made into a home advantage. At least, thats what I have been told by the apologists on this board... :rofl:

james
06-26-2008, 01:16 AM
an advantage can be created by anything that other teams arent use to, such as playing with crazy fans chanting against you, playing in high altitudes, in cold weather, rain weather, snow, mud or playing on Turf. In this case we got 2, great screaming fans and playing on turf, 2 things most MLS teams arent use to!