PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver season tix now at 13,000

Oldtimer
09-02-2010, 01:06 PM
The 'Caps now have 13,000 in season ticket deposits for next year.
This is actually ahead of where Toronto was in 2006 at this time of year.

Over 13,000 season ticket deposits have already been secured. Season tickets will be capped at 16,500http://www.vancouvermls2011.com/tickets/tickets.aspx

Good for Canada and good for the league to see another well-supported team. I expect to see sell-outs.
It should also bode well for television ratings next year, maybe we'll see them double.

$319 are their starting price. That's way above TFC's original pricing of $200 for "early bird" SSHs, but comparable to what we are paying now. ($323 for south end renewals).

Ron Manager
09-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Fantastic news...I'll never be a Vancouver supporter but his is great for the league and by extension for us.

Shway
09-02-2010, 02:39 PM
WHO GIVES A SH.....................

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ccfXzoHNhow/SIun-IkSQ4I/AAAAAAAAF1E/8BqRahfB2T8/Herbert.JPGhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/Martin-nash-2009-04-03.jpg/175px-Martin-nash-2009-04-03.jpg

THATS A BANNER RIGHT THERE!

Pachuco
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
The 'Caps now have 13,000 in season ticket deposits for next year.
This is actually ahead of where Toronto was in 2006 at this time of year.

http://www.vancouvermls2011.com/tickets/tickets.aspx

Good for Canada and good for the league to see another well-supported team. I expect to see sell-outs.
It should also bode well for television ratings next year, maybe we'll see them double.

$319 are their starting price. That's way above TFC's original pricing of $200 for "early bird" SSHs, but comparable to what we are paying now. ($323 for south end renewals).

But TFC also payed a heck of a lot less in expansion fees then Vancouver did. wasn't it something like we payed $15 mill and Vancouver payed $40mill? my numbers may be off, but it was something like that.

Anyways I would definately expect their prices to be close to ours. We unfortunately helped set the bar for them.

dupont
09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Nice. This will help Canadian soccer immensely!
I will hate the Whitecaps but I'm glad to see more successful Canadian teams!

Brooker
09-02-2010, 05:17 PM
they're gonna be some fucked up mixture of Toronto and Seattle....

they'll be extremely annoying and I can't stand them already. im gonna drown myself in my toilet if they somehow beat us next year.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-02-2010, 08:19 PM
But TFC also payed a heck of a lot less in expansion fees then Vancouver did. wasn't it something like we payed $15 mill and Vancouver payed $40mill? my numbers may be off, but it was something like that.

Anyways I would definately expect their prices to be close to ours. We unfortunately helped set the bar for them.

Oh yeah, Vancouver is paying way more than us. Our expansion fee was a bargain-basement $10M, way more than Vancouver's $35M. At any rate, that $25M difference has to show up somewhere.

habstfc
09-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm glad vancouver is going to be supported well, it looks like that so far anyways.

TFC getting in mls for 10 million is pretty much a bargain but vancouver paying 35 or 40 million is way too much for this league in my opinion.

Oldtimer
09-03-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm glad vancouver is going to be supported well, it looks like that so far anyways.

TFC getting in mls for 10 million is pretty much a bargain but vancouver paying 35 or 40 million is way too much for this league in my opinion.

That's because you are only counting the league revenues (ticket sales).

The real money to be made with an MLS franchise is you get a cut of Soccer United Marketing's profits. The dividend alone from SUM is over a million per club, but that's just a portion of the profits they hang onto. SUM controls most revenues from Soccer-related events in the US, including international friendlies, the broadcast rights for the Mexican league in the US, and quite large profits from the SuperLiga. In the past, they held the World Cup rights for the US.

SUM makes such large profits, you can lose money on your MLS club (most of them, in fact, operate in the red), but when you factor in SUM profits most MLS franchises are currently making money.

Fort York Redcoat
09-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Anybody keep track of the half dozen er so TFCers from the BC area that were on the board? Wonder how many of them are still around?

Gee Willakers. I hope Calgary doesn't get a team next. I'd hate to lose Twisted...:D

greatwhitenorf
09-03-2010, 09:11 AM
How many season ticket holders do the CFL Lions have?

Brooker
09-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Anybody keep track of the half dozen er so TFCers from the BC area that were on the board? Wonder how many of them are still around?

from what I gathered they hated the Whitecaps. Can't see them all converting.... maybe a few.