PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC may get three players back early

Pyeddo
09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/855469--toronto-fc-may-get-three-players-back-early

The Canadian Press
Canada Coach Stephen Hart says he is leaning towards excusing three Toronto FC players from Canada’s soccer friendly against Honduras in Montreal next Tuesday.

Dwayne De Rosario, Jonathan de Guzman and Nana Attakora are expected to see action for Canada in Saturday’s game against Peru in Toronto.

But Hart says if his roster escapes injury, he will free up the three Toronto FC players after the weekend game so they can rejoin their MLS team for a contest in Chicago next Wednesday.

Toronto, which plays in Dallas on Saturday, is in the hunt for an MLS playoff berth.

Fort York Redcoat
09-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh good. That'll make the Honduras game funner...

And I bet ticket sales won't be affected at all.

razor787
09-01-2010, 02:41 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! When did we sign Jonathan de Guzman? I didnt even realize he had chose to go back to the canadian team...

:P

Steve
09-01-2010, 02:41 PM
The Canadian Press
Canada Coach Stephen Hart says he is leaning towards excusing three Toronto FC players from Canada’s soccer friendly against Honduras in Montreal next Tuesday.

Dwayne De Rosario, Jonathan de Guzman and Nana Attakora are expected to see action for Canada in Saturday’s game against Peru in Toronto.

But Hart says if his roster escapes injury, he will free up the three Toronto FC players after the weekend game so they can rejoin their MLS team for a contest in Chicago next Wednesday.

Toronto, which plays in Dallas on Saturday, is in the hunt for an MLS playoff berth.

Holy crap, we signed Jonathan de Guzman?? AND he's being capped for Canada! What a day!

Steve
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM
woah, weird...

Carefree
09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Well thank you Mr. Hart. I'm going to the Chicago game and was really pissed that we would miss three of our best players. Awesome news! Now, what about Chad and Maicon?

TFCwestcan
09-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Well thank you Mr. Hart. I'm going to the Chicago game and was really pissed that we would miss three of our best players. Awesome news! Now, what about Chad and Maicon?
I was thinking the same thing! Fingers crossed for Santos.