PDA

View Full Version : OMG - This is freakin' awesome!! (and from TFC too)

Parkdale
08-27-2010, 12:36 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?id=2319

Time for your Friday Funnies!!!

(it's one of those "Laugh so you don't cry" kind of things, and I love it)

Stiggy
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh wow, that was an awesome video.

Nodoubtguy
08-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Hahahahahaha

madcow
08-27-2010, 12:42 PM
..... and the Oscar for Pratfall Comedy in a Sports Related Event goes to .....

Parkdale
08-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I think this is probably a web-only thing.... but I'd love to see it played on the Videoboard right before the player introductions when they come back to BMO.

Vancity RED
08-27-2010, 12:48 PM
For real.

Phil
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Very well done. That just made this friday a much better day for me.

They should just run that as the game in 6 minutes.

Oldtimer
08-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Best Tfc Produced Video Ever!!!!

Parkdale
08-27-2010, 12:55 PM

yeah... almost as good as the ones I used to do ;)

(really though, I dig their video content. It feeds my addiction nicely)

Wagner
08-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Ingenius.

Well done.

Roogsy
08-27-2010, 12:56 PM
What an embarrassment. All of those players should give back their membership in the "man club" and apply for membership in the "girls only" sorority.

Shameful. No sense of dignity whatsoever.

We SO need a banner IN SPANISH for these "florcitas"...

James17930
08-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I'll give them the Usanov one and the one where the guy actually had to be substituted (seems like he actually did 'possibly' bugger up his knee there).

But the rest, yeah -- there are no words to describe the patheticness.

SilverSamurai
08-27-2010, 01:06 PM
That's pretty funny.
The music does it. lol

v00d00daddy
08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I hate that they were diving but...most of those were clear fouls and it's childish to make a video like that. Maybe from a supporter but from the club itself?

Seems like stooping to their level to me.

ps...they forgot to add our Captain to that video. His was the best dive of the night.:)

ArmenJBX
08-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Toronto FC FO, all is forgiven. :D

I love you guys :)

Oldtimer
08-27-2010, 01:14 PM
I hate that they were diving but...most of those were clear fouls and it's childish to make a video like that.

All true... :yesnod:

but its fun!!!! :rofl:

Technorgasm
08-27-2010, 01:14 PM
yeah... almost as good as the ones I used to do

ya, where are those?
now that you are in with the cool kids = no vids?

your letting us all down.
deal with THAT.

ArmenJBX
08-27-2010, 01:17 PM
What an embarrassment. All of those players should give back their membership in the "man club" and apply for membership in the "girls only" sorority.

I second this x100000000 :D

Pyeddo
08-27-2010, 01:20 PM
And just for one moment, everything is right in the world. Great video

Parkdale
08-27-2010, 01:30 PM

I've seen girls play with more guts than those divers. Hell, that hairpulling girl from the youtube clips would give them something to really cry about.

Parkdale
08-27-2010, 01:46 PM
here it is. X4Piuuqqs10

I would put that one girl against the ENTIRE Panamanian team. See who's left standing.

Eastend
08-27-2010, 02:00 PM

Have you seen women play football? Arabe would of been carted of the pitch for real had they been playing girls.

manic.street.preacher
08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
^i second that motion ... my friday just got a whole lot better

AL-MO
08-27-2010, 02:15 PM
here it is. X4Piuuqqs10

I would put that one girl against the ENTIRE Panamanian team. See who's left standing.

LOL I have seen this many times before and it makes me laugh.

I see about 4 red cards in that video alone!

ensco
08-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Very good.

Never seen a formal taunt of one team by another like that before.

Shway
08-27-2010, 02:59 PM
after been stressed about work.

I was litterally laughing, cheer me up lol.
Thanks Parkdale.

And i agreeeee they should play it when they come to BMO.

Banners, and everything for them being a joke

Frick
08-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Classless. Shame on you TFC.
Like a previous poster mentioned, if this came from a supporter that’s fine. Not from the club though.

TFCDP
08-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I personally loved the video.. It did in some small way make me feel better about the game.. It was truly a disgrace.. I also couldn't believe my ears when that one dude started crying ffs.. Imagine if we still had a guy like kevin harmse playing.. His head would have exploded with rage minutes into the game.. probably would have been the fastest red card shown in team history.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-27-2010, 03:05 PM
thats what we need...is to poke fun at the Concaaff refs...and there brutal calls...

the next game should be interesting after this...hahahah

have to say it did make me laugh though!! :)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Like a previous poster mentioned, if this came from a supporter that’s fine. Not from the club though.

i have to agree..... not very professional

If they should post anything....it should be the bone head rosters decisions..preki made for the so called called important game!

Parkdale
08-27-2010, 03:07 PM

what? they can't have a sense of humour about things too?
it's not airing on GOL TV, it's getting a very limited release on the web.

It's risky, and some people will dislike it, but at least they're taking a stance.
They're often accused of playing things too safe, and this is a great move away from that.

And I get the impression that this was made by someone who didn't check with upper MLSE management first.
If anything, it shows me that some people working there are actual fans of the team, and not just working a job.

__wowza
08-27-2010, 03:10 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l79394cKR01qdowryo1_400.gif

rocker
08-27-2010, 03:21 PM
It's pretty funny. I'd like to see some professionalism from Arabe Unido before we start worrying about TFC making fun of them. Actually getting that out to the public is a good thing. It encapsulates everything and does it in a funny way.

werewolf
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Arabe Unido should make a video featuring our team sheet and every ball we sent to them, or out of bounds.

The video is funny, but that game really wasn't that bad by Concacrap standards.

Parkdale
08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l79394cKR01qdowryo1_400.gif

thank you

Eastend
08-27-2010, 03:56 PM
I think it is awesome. Although it's suppossed to be humour, someone has to take a stand, enough is enough. Gotta get it out to a wider audience. Almost any punishment will be worth it.

TFC Bhoy
08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
that video was awesome!! I almost can't believe it was actually done by TFC, it seems like something we would do, but not the actual TFC production team themselves due to maybe a possible backlash from CONCACAF or something, but that just makes me love it more!!

jabbronies
08-27-2010, 04:00 PM
I hate that they were diving but...most of those were clear fouls and it's childish to make a video like that. Maybe from a supporter but from the club itself?

ps...they forgot to add our Captain to that video. His was the best dive of the night.:)

Sure, most of those were clear fouls...but if you watch the reaction afterwards. That's what's funny IMO.

Derko
08-27-2010, 05:29 PM

If they should post anything....it should be the bone head rosters decisions..preki made for the so called called important game!

Actually, that is what the corrupt FIFA has to see, call a fucking disgrace a Fucking disgrace, I mean we all laugh about the theatrics of the Italian national team don't we, and we all say how diving douches are a disgrace don't we don't be Fucking hypocrites if reputable leagues start pointing it out perhaps something will change. I LIKE THE VIDEO it shows how disgraceful it was.
What I would like to see at a home game is when the officiating is so bad we all start moving through the stands over to the referees exit, just to see the reaction and make a point on National and perhaps International TV.!!

I've had a few!! Can you tell. lol

CretanBull
08-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Normally I'd be against this sort of thing, but public shame and embarrassment might actually help address the problem...TFC can't be reprimanded for this without it leading to a discussion about what lead to it being created.

And Dero shouldn't be let off the hook, I'm tired of watching him go down easy. I know he's just trying to level the playing field and/or give the refs a chance to make up for a bad call but enough is enough. Play on your feet and fight through a half-assed tackle or shirt tug.

Blizzard
08-27-2010, 06:28 PM

It wasn't actually the club. GolTV Canada put this together and put it on their section of the web site.

As to why they should be allowed to do .... that's another question. I actually didn't laugh once during this. I just got angry all over again.

I'd rather it not be up.

... and they weren't all fouls. A 50-50 ball in the air and two feet coming together as they go for the ball is not a foul ... unless your an El Salvadoran referee.

Blizzard
08-27-2010, 06:29 PM

Agreed. We can't allow the bad refereeing all Preki to get a free pass on this.

FluSH
08-27-2010, 06:31 PM
I truly hope that if TFC scores against ARABE UNIDO that the goal celebration is about diving theatrics

Jeff s
08-27-2010, 06:44 PM
It was funny.

But the part of the player crying was a little over the top, considering that I'm pretty sure he wasn't faking any injury there.

boozilla
08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
A club sanctioned diving montage makes TFC look like sore losers & whiners.
It plays down to their level and I hope it gets removed for the official site asap.

Darlofletch
08-27-2010, 07:28 PM
I truly hope that if TFC scores against ARABE UNIDO that the goal celebration is about diving theatrics

That would be awesome. every single player falling over and rolling around would be the single greatest thing in the world ever.

I'm quite drunk right now, but I'm sure I'd still agree with this when sober.

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking: :drinking::drinking:

werewolf
08-27-2010, 07:36 PM
A club sanctioned diving montage makes TFC look like sore losers & whiners.
It plays down to their level and I hope it gets removed for the official site asap.

If this had been done by the Crew or Salt Lake we would spend weeks laughing at the supporters and the club for weeks.

Concacaf is going to notice, and they will keep it in the back of their mind for the future, especially if we ever have a legitimate complaint.

SilverSamurai
08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
that video was awesome!! I almost can't believe it was actually done by TFC, it seems like something we would do, but not the actual TFC production team themselves due to maybe a possible backlash from CONCACAF or something, but that just makes me love it more!!
Nothing will happen.

Actually, that is what the corrupt FIFA has to see, call a fucking disgrace a Fucking disgrace, I mean we all laugh about the theatrics of the Italian national team don't we, and we all say how diving douches are a disgrace don't we don't be Fucking hypocrites if reputable leagues start pointing it out perhaps something will change. I LIKE THE VIDEO it shows how disgraceful it was.
What I would like to see at a home game is when the officiating is so bad we all start moving through the stands over to the referees exit, just to see the reaction and make a point on National and perhaps International TV.!!

I've had a few!! Can you tell. lol
+1.

If this had been done by the Crew or Salt Lake we would spend weeks laughing at the supporters and the club for weeks.

Concacaf is going to notice, and they will keep it in the back of their mind for the future, especially if we ever have a legitimate complaint.
Nothing is going to happen. This is CONCACAF. The confederation of flying piss bags, questionable stadiums and corrupt officials.

Sure the video makes a mockery of the officials and diving theatrics but to think CONCACAF is going to come down on TFC, and the CSA is an illusion. We could drown a guy in streamers during a corner and nothing is going to happen. Hell streamers compared to piss bags is nothing.
Remember FIFA is in charge and what have they done to reprimand racists fans/chants? Pretty much nothing.
Making a video of the diving problem is childs play compared to actually addressing the issue that CONCACAF refs suck or even more concerning racism/racist fans in certain parts of the world.

boozilla
08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
"Making a video of the diving problem is childs play.."

Totally agree. And it was.
I was hoping TFC would rise above.
Shit like this just bums me out as a fan.

gtaguy
08-27-2010, 10:39 PM
to put this bluntly.. this was f.ing amazing.. whether it was done by someone or the club i don't care.. And for anyone that finds this classless well wet your napkins and cry once more becuase the spectacle in panama was absolutely tasteless. What i got out of watching this brutal match was that panamanian soccer is more about the dives and the acting more then the real play on the field... WTG whoever made this clip... thanks for a decent friday night laugh fest......

Cashcleaner
08-27-2010, 11:05 PM

M'eh. I think it's kinda funny and wish more clubs produced official videos like this. My only problem with it is the fact that a few of the tumbles were the result of undeniable fouls; and that if Toronto FC is going to go to the trouble of making a video highlighting bad sportsmanship, we'd better make sure we stay squeaky clean ourselves on the pitch or risk being hypocritical assholes.

Shakes McQueen
08-28-2010, 12:37 AM
I just think it's puzzling that a few people have such strongly disdainful and negative opinions about this video, and the decision to make it.

It's an amusing montage illuminating the "diving problem", put up on the TFC website video player. Would we be laughing if another team did this? Probably - because they are rivals, and we don't like them.

As for retribution from CONCACAF - what could they possibly do to the team, beyond fining them? Could they refuse to give our team breaks when the other team are using questionable tactics? Could they give ill-deserved cards? Isn't that happening already? And how much time do CONCACAF officials spend surfing the TFC website, anyway?

My own guess is that CONCACAF never even notice this video exists, and TFC go on being treated the same way they always do, and these football teams in certain regions continue to get away with embellishing and faking.

- Scott

KezmanCCCC
08-28-2010, 01:33 AM
its funny when the pussy is ballin his eyes out...

Yagbod
08-28-2010, 02:47 AM
The Political Correctness in this thread is out of hand.

It's a sport. It's fun. And, it's funny.

End of!!!

Roogsy
08-28-2010, 03:52 AM
I don't understand those that have a problem with TFC doing this. What exactly is the problem?

CretanBull
08-28-2010, 04:04 AM
I don't understand those that have a problem with TFC doing this. What exactly is the problem?

It comes across as petulant and whinny, which aren't exactly the most professional of qualities. Want to make a statement? Pull the team out of the tournament. Tell CONCACAF that we won't participate until they committ to addressing the problems. Pressure other MLS teams to side with us, I'm sure Real Salt Lake and Columbus (who were also screwed over) would take a stand with us.

They need the MLS and American money & interest to legitimize this tournament, that needs to be leveraged by us into getting something that at least resembles a level playing field.

So, you can either take real measures to do something about the situation or throw your toys out of the pram to show mommy and daddy that you don't like it one bit.

I know what I'd like to see happen....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-28-2010, 05:15 AM
It comes across as petulant and whinny, which aren't exactly the most professional of qualities. Want to make a statement? Pull the team out of the tournament. Tell CONCACAF that we won't participate until they committ to addressing the problems. Pressure other MLS teams to side with us, I'm sure Real Salt Lake and Columbus (who were also screwed over) would take a stand with us.

They need the MLS and American money & interest to legitimize this tournament, that needs to be leveraged by us into getting something that at least resembles a level playing field.

So, you can either take real measures to do something about the situation or throw your toys out of the pram to show mommy and daddy that you don't like it one bit.

well put...alot of good points

Roogsy
08-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Want to make a statement? Pull the team out of the tournament. Tell CONCACAF that we won't participate until they committ to addressing the problems. Pressure other MLS teams to side with us, I'm sure Real Salt Lake and Columbus (who were also screwed over) would take a stand with us.

And THAT doesn't come across petulant and whinny?

This way, it comes across more of a joke with a point, nothing more. It's a jab that will hopefully get someone's attention without making too much waves.

CB, you are a smart guy and I have often enjoyed reading your comments, but in general you seem to be unwilling to acknowledge that business considerations are not something that can be dismissed on a whim. Leaving the tournament and the hundreds of thousands perhaps millions of dollars in revenue that goes along with it not to mention probably some serious sanctions and plenty of operational headaches that will probably have repercussions for years to come? Really? That is a better option than simply making a quick video that makes a point about how unhappy the team is? So instead of taking a subtle measured approach, you'd prefer to throw in the entire ball of wax? That is cutting off your nose to spite your face. :rolleyes:

Wull
08-28-2010, 07:00 AM
here it is. X4Piuuqqs10

I think I'm in love! <3

Wull
08-28-2010, 07:08 AM

^^ This. That team did what they did and it worked for them. It's up to concacaf to stop it or why should they change if it works? As for the video, if this was uefa we'd be fined and maybe worse. Here they show replays of contentious decisions in the stadium right after which isn't supposed to be allowed so we'll probably get away with it. Should have been done by supporters, clubs shouldn't be going there, especially when they're going through the proper channels

ensco
08-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Art can be a more powerful form of protest than any words or actions.

Has it gone out into the broader world? I wonder how many views they've had of that.

v00d00daddy
08-28-2010, 09:14 AM

Cretan makes a lot of good points and here's my take on the whole situation.

-TFC goes into Panama knowing full well the way this team plays and the bullshit theatrics invovled when they're fouled. TFC knew it would happen, we knew it would happen.

-TFC knows that the officiating in Concacaf is terrible....beyond terrible.

So what do they do?

They go out and play as if its any old MLS regular season game.

Fine...makes no sense to me but whatever.

Then....they start getting frustrated with the diving, play acting, and poor refereeing that they KNEW they were going to get. This doesn't make sense to me.

On top of it all they shit the bed with their performance, compounding the amount of frustration.

Now...I'm expected to find it funny that they make a video ridiculing their opponents? In a tournament that is still going on...when we still have to play that team again.

AND.......

-most of the clips in the videos were clear fouls
-one of the clips involved a play where I think it's pretty clear that Usanov injured a guy on a foul
-they cleverly omit the worst dive of the game which was DeRo on the edge of the box when he wasn't even touched. (double standard anyone)

So tell me again why this is funny? How does the club benefit in any way from putting out this video?

Like many have said..it looks childish. Not to mention that nobody is left talking about the shitty performance TFC put out on the field...and the questionable lineup selections by Preki.....and the drama surrounding those selections.

Instead we're laughing at a diving 3rd world football team that beat us, NOT because they're divers, but because we sucked more and barely generated a chance to score.

And to top it all off....the most blatant dive of the entire game was committed by our captain and nobody is bitching about that.

This is why I think that video was in poor taste.

If it were me....fuck 'em. Move on, put that shit behind us, get prepared for the next games, and stop whining.

Roogsy
08-28-2010, 09:23 AM
^ I can understand this point of view better than CBs. As for putting out the video, maybe it comes across a bit whiney, but certainly nothing to freak out about. It's their choice how to handle what they viewed as a poorly officiated game. Pulling out of the tournament is better than putting out this video? That's where he lost me. As for poor taste? Nah...just a bit childish at worst.

As for whether they were fouls or not, or whether we committed our own dives I don't know. I only saw highlights of the game not the actual game so I can't comment on that. But what I can definitely agree with is that it was VERY well known that this team plays like this and TFC did not go in prepared nor did they adjust. That falls on the players and on the coach, not on the marketing and AV guys that put out this video.

v00d00daddy
08-28-2010, 09:25 AM
As for whether they were fouls or not, or whether we committed our own dives I don't know. I only saw highlights of the game not the actual game so I can't comment on that. But what I can definitely agree with is that it was VERY well known that this team plays like this and TFC did not go in prepared nor did they adjust. That falls on the players and on the coach, not on the marketing and AV guys that put out this video.

I agree with that. We should have known better, going into this game and that's Preki's fault as far as I'm concerned.

I'm a supporter of his but he's testing my patience lately.

Hopefully today works out a little better.

Detroit_TFC
08-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I was talking to a supporter of a team that is not known for liking us, he thought the video was fantastic.

rocker
08-28-2010, 11:27 AM

I'm sure the team knew about Arabe Unido based on the RSL game. In MLS circles everyone connected with the sport heard of what happened.

Anyhow, what would you advise they do?
Never make contact? Cuz I saw TFC not make contact and those Panamanians still went down.

habstfc
08-28-2010, 11:41 AM
I love it, Just calling a spade a spade.

Darlofletch
08-28-2010, 12:05 PM
-TFC goes into Panama knowing full well the way this team plays and the bullshit theatrics invovled when they're fouled. TFC knew it would happen, we knew it would happen.

-TFC knows that the officiating in Concacaf is terrible....beyond terrible.

So what do they do?

They go out and play as if its any old MLS regular season game.

-they cleverly omit the worst dive of the game which was DeRo on the edge of the box when he wasn't even touched. (double standard anyone)

Even before that dive, De Ro was drawing fouls and going to ground very easily to win free kicks.

The penalty attempt was one he didn't get right, but he was doing it way before that.

And though it's something you don't like to see, in a way I applaud it.

He was the only one on our team who seemed to recognise how the ref was calling the game and how to work that to his advantage.

Like you said, everyone else played the game like a regular mls game.

De Ro's always looked more talented and dangerous than the rest of the team, but he really showed how much smarter he is as well.

Detroit_TFC
08-28-2010, 12:30 PM
^ That is one way to test if the calls are biased. Not advocating this as a strategy but it is logical.

BTW should I start working on a Divers Unidos two-stick?

dow117
08-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Its not "they all fall down"... It should be renamed to "they always fall down" Wait till they come to BMO !!!

CretanBull
08-28-2010, 01:36 PM
And THAT doesn't come across petulant and whinny?

I don't think so, no. It's a bold move that would force the powers that be to look at and take our concerns seriously (like I said they need American money and interest to legitimize the tournament). This isn't just us sulking over a loss, Real Salt Lake said their game in Panama was their worst professional experience ever, Columbus got a goal disallowed vs. a Mexican team by a Mexican official who waved the player on to the pitch. The officiating isn't just bad, its making a mockery of us.

This way, it comes across more of a joke with a point, nothing more. It's a jab that will hopefully get someone's attention without making too much waves.

True, but nothing will change because of it. It's not like CONCACAF officials are saying "Oh my God! TFC put a video on their web site that draws attention to our incompetence - lets fix the problem stat!"

CB, you are a smart guy and I have often enjoyed reading your comments, but in general you seem to be unwilling to acknowledge that business considerations are not something that can be dismissed on a whim.

I can understand why you might think that, but I don't think that it's true. I just don't think that business considerations are the be-all end-all in terms of deciding factors. I'm fully in favour of companies making money - the more the better - I just don't believe that pursuit should come at the expense of human rights, labour rights, environmental concerns etc. The way things are now, we're all too willing to look the other way when it comes to making a buck. Of course none of that is relevant here, but I'm sure your opinion of my position is formed by passed off-topic conversations that we've had.

Leaving the tournament and the hundreds of thousands perhaps millions of dollars in revenue that goes along with it not to mention probably some serious sanctions and plenty of operational headaches that will probably have repercussions for years to come? Really? That is a better option than simply making a quick video that makes a point about how unhappy the team is? So instead of taking a subtle measured approach, you'd prefer to throw in the entire ball of wax? That is cutting off your nose to spite your face. :rolleyes:

I actually think that my suggestion puts the financial onus on them, not us. A bold move like Toronto, Salt Lake City and Columbus pulling out of the Tournament forces the situation - they publically acknowledge the problems that they have, or the American money and interest that legitimizes this tournament walks away from it...fix the problem, or watch the tournament crumble. We'll make up our losses in other ways (like maybe a re-focused league cup) but they'll have nothing without us (ie our investment - ESPN etc.)

You seem to be fine with the message that while we're really upset with how our teams are treated, we're ultimately willing to put up with it because we can make a buck off of it. That's not only going to prevent change, its going to make us culpable for the problems.

None of this is new, and this isn't just about Tornto FC or even the MLS. The Canadian and American national teams have been getting the same treatment in CONCACAF for as long as I can remember. Has anyone in this region suffered more bad game determing calls than Canada or America?

I'm tired of it, for both club and country.

ArmenJBX
08-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Totally agree with you CretanBull.

MLS teams should pull out and make CONCACAF buck up, otherwise both TFC and Canada will get the shaft in the Caribbean.

SilverSamurai
08-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't think so, no. It's a bold move that would force the powers that be to look at and take our concerns seriously (like I said they need American money and interest to legitimize the tournament). This isn't just us sulking over a loss, Real Salt Lake said their game in Panama was their worst professional experience ever, Columbus got a goal disallowed vs. a Mexican team by a Mexican official who waved the player on to the pitch. The officiating isn't just bad, its making a mockery of us.

True, but nothing will change because of it. It's not like CONCACAF officials are saying "Oh my God! TFC put a video on their web site that draws attention to our incompetence - lets fix the problem stat!"

I can understand why you might think that, but I don't think that it's true. I just don't think that business considerations are the be-all end-all in terms of deciding factors. I'm fully in favour of companies making money - the more the better - I just don't believe that pursuit should come at the expense of human rights, labour rights, environmental concerns etc. The way things are now, we're all too willing to look the other way when it comes to making a buck. Of course none of that is relevant here, but I'm sure your opinion of my position is formed by passed off-topic conversations that we've had.

I actually think that my suggestion puts the financial onus on them, not us. A bold move like Toronto, Salt Lake City and Columbus pulling out of the Tournament forces the situation - they publically acknowledge the problems that they have, or the American money and interest that legitimizes this tournament walks away from it...fix the problem, or watch the tournament crumble. We'll make up our losses in other ways (like maybe a re-focused league cup) but they'll have nothing without us (ie our investment - ESPN etc.)

You seem to be fine with the message that while we're really upset with how our teams are treated, we're ultimately willing to put up with it because we can make a buck off of it. That's not only going to prevent change, its going to make us culpable for the problems.

None of this is new, and this isn't just about Tornto FC or even the MLS. The Canadian and American national teams have been getting the same treatment in CONCACAF for as long as I can remember. Has anyone in this region suffered more bad game determing calls than Canada or America?

I'm tired of it, for both club and country.
You're right about that. THE CMNT and USMNT have been getting the shaft as well.
The CSA and US have filed complaints forever it feels like, and nothing has changed.
If Canada and the US pulled out of the qualifiers, CONCACAF would probably say "ok" and then give those spots to someone else.

In the case of the CCL, if the MLS teams pull out, nothing will change. The spots will simply be allocated to other nations.

IMO, the only way to address the issue would be to force changes from the top and that's FIFA and we all know how "fast" they are to do so...
Even instant replays and giving red cards for diving after games would be a HUGE step. But most people here would be against both of those...

loconet
08-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Wait, it gets better. I've been trying to get a copy of the video in a more "shareable" format (they should really just use a youtube channel) and what was the name of the file-name for this?

"TWEB-100827-ALLFALLDOWN_sd"

LOL.

Alixir
09-01-2010, 12:03 PM
the only thing that was classless was the flopping going on on the pitch that day. Great video in my opinion.

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 12:30 PM
TFC actually produced this shit themselves and put it up on their own website?!

The dives werent even that bad. As has been pointed out, they were much worse in Salt Lake and the most blatant dive of the evening was committed by OUR captain.

This is beyond pathetic and makes me embarassed to support the team.

"Hey, we played like absolute shit and got beaten by a third world football club. Lets make a video making fun of them for playing us for chumps."

What a fucking disgrace. Fire whoever put this shit on the website and every person who has neglected to take it down since.

:facepalm:

Fort York Redcoat
09-01-2010, 12:46 PM
The dives weren't even that bad? Which group of dives are we speaking of? Has anyone counted how many of these dives there were? Perhaps than we can grab a ratio of "not that bad" to "bad". *insert the icon i refuse to stoop to*

Who but a fan of this team is going to see this? I think that's the point.

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Who but a fan of this team is going to see this? I think that's the point.

I think behaving like a professional football club is the point.

You want to see a symptom of the amatuerish nature of our front office (besides the four years of failure on the pitch)? Well here is one smacking you in the face. It doesnt matter who is seeing it or who is intended to see it. It matters that they feel that this is acceptable behavior.

Would you ever expect to see the Maple Leafs release a tounge-in-cheek montage of calls they felt were unfair? Would the Raptors? Would the Jays release a video mocking an umpire for having a horrible strike zone?

No; They fucking wouldnt. Because theyre professional clubs that behave as such.

rocker
09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
What a fucking disgrace. Fire whoever put this shit on the website and every person who has neglected to take it down since.

wow, yer angry! LOL

it's a video.. lighten up. I can see someone criticizing it, but you're taking it wayyyy too far with this "firing" thing.

Parkdale
09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Would you ever expect to see the Maple Leafs release a tounge-in-cheek montage of calls they felt were unfair? Would the Raptors? Would the Jays release a video mocking an umpire for having a horrible strike zone?

No; They fucking wouldnt. Because theyre professional clubs that behave as such.

that's the whole issue.

when our club owners act with all the passion of an index-fund, people complain that they're heartless and just care about the dollars. Now that they've done something a little more... excitable, people are saying they should be more professional.

It's a no win situation.

personally, I'd rather know the team was managed by people who really care about the game and the team, instead of just about the profit margins.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YFbXKOW1NoQ/SSLNN_DxMxI/AAAAAAAACHg/L2oLu0qGpzM/s400/mark+cuban+mavericks.jpg

^ I'd rather this guy was running our team, instead of some faceless corporation

Fort York Redcoat
09-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I didn't expect to see a tongue-in-cheek vid on tfctv. As a supporter I'm glad they feel the same way I do.

Fort York Redcoat
09-01-2010, 01:05 PM
me embarassed to support the team.

"Hey, we played like absolute shit and got beaten by a third world football club. Lets make a video making fun of them for playing us for chumps."

Aribe made the game of football and anyone who follows it look like chumps. Save some of your bluster for them.

Parkdale
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Would you ever expect to see the Maple Leafs release a tounge-in-cheek montage of calls they felt were unfair? Would the Raptors?

and yet....

Hv7IZP7u9FE
l05R9BuyIug

The Raps let their only (former) Star player make videos like this.

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
wow, yer angry! LOL

it's a video.. lighten up. I can see someone criticizing it, but you're taking it wayyyy too far with this "firing" thing.

I am angry. As a Toronto fan I am embarassed that my team would do this.

that's the whole issue.

when our club owners act with all the passion of an index-fund, people complain that they're heartless and just care about the dollars. Now that they've done something a little more... excitable, people are saying they should be more profes

It's a no win situation.

personally, I'd rather know the team was managed by people who really care about the game and the team, instead of just about the profit margins.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YFbXKOW1NoQ/SSLNN_DxMxI/AAAAAAAACHg/L2oLu0qGpzM/s400/mark+cuban+mavericks.jpg

^ I'd rather this guy was running our team, instead of some faceless corporation

Firstly, WTF has a Mark Cuban owned franchise ever won?

Secondly, I dont care what "people complain" about. This is completely unprofessional and just plain stupid.

If we were ever going to get the benefit of the doubt on calls in this tournament, we sure as fuck aint going to get them now. You think word of this video isnt going to get back to MLS, CONCACAF and anybody else with an interest in our fortunes in this tournament?

How on earth is mocking the officiating in the middle of a tournament going to help anything?! If you have a problem with officiating or with player conduct take it up with the league. Take it up with CONCACAF. But dont behave like an angry teenager and make a patronizing web video. This is a professional football club behaving like a 16 year old girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend and then posts a video on youtube to get some kind of revenge.

Not only is it completely pathetic and unprofessional but it is entirely counter productive.

Fort York Redcoat
09-01-2010, 01:16 PM
And you know for a fact they haven't complained to CONCACAF?

pekduck
09-01-2010, 01:17 PM
@music dude
you are entitled to your opinion :)

on the other hand, I like the humor and friendly jab.

it's common in all sports... like Portland in their stadium art construction has them beating Seattle on the scoreboard, like Whitecaps prompting match against TFC by have graphics taunting TFC fans, like Cruz Azul's comic strip with their evil and violent bunny

Parkdale
09-01-2010, 01:17 PM
This is a professional football club behaving like a 16 year old girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend and then posts a video on youtube to get some kind of revenge.

I prefer it when the boyfriend post the embarrassing video of the ex-girlfriend.

:ihih:

Parkdale
09-01-2010, 01:21 PM

Cuban bought the Mavs in 2000, and has made the playoffs every year since.
The Raptors... have made it into the playoffs 4 times since 2000

Phil
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I get some of the criticism. I choose to enjoy it for what it was, just something funny posted to make people have a chuckle.

If it bothers people this much, take a break. Its sports, its meant to be entertaining and fun at points.

Nodoubtguy
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I get some of the criticism. I choose to enjoy it for what it was, just something funny posted to make people have a chuckle.

If it bothers people this much, take a break. Its sports, its meant to be entertaining and fun at points.

Yep, end of the day....thats all this is

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
and yet....

Hv7IZP7u9FE
l05R9BuyIug

The Raps let their only (former) Star player make videos like this.

And where in those videos does Bosh criticize officiating?

Those video are apples and oranges. The Bosh videos are (attempts at being) funny and have to do with superfluous leagues goings ons like the All-Star Game. Also, theyre from his personal youtube account. Raptors TV didnt release those videos. Chris Bosh did. Chris Bosh isnt making any enemies in those videos and he is most definitely not making a public statement about the quality of officiating in a competition that he is presently engaged in.

Also, if youre holding Chris Bosh up as a compass for professional or respectability then I think we have very different understandings of what those words mean. And like Mark Cuban I ask, what has Chris Bosh ever won?

Cuban bought the Mavs in 2000, and has made the playoffs every year since.
The Raptors... have made it into the playoffs 4 times since 2000

Ask Mavs fans how proud they are of all those playoff failures. The Maple Leafs are still among teams with the most playoff games in the last decade. Making the playoffs isnt a championship. Its pretty sad that simply making the playoffs is held in such high regard in Toronto, though it isnt surprising.

Carts
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Ask Mavs fans how proud they are of all those playoff failures. The Maple Leafs are still among teams with the most playoff games in the last decade. Making the playoffs isnt a championship. Its pretty sad that simply making the playoffs is held in such high regard in Toronto, though it isnt surprising.

Considering Dallas has played 106 playoff games the last decade, and the Maple Leafs have played 51 playoff games - I unfortunately doubt the bolded statement is true...

Parkdale
09-01-2010, 01:45 PM
The Bosh videos are (attempts at being) funny and have to do with superfluous leagues goings ons like the All-Star Game. Also, theyre from his personal youtube account. Raptors TV didnt release those videos. Chris Bosh did.

The raps had advertisements up for Bosh's home movie in every wasroom at the ACC. Clearly they were part of the whole thing.

I just don't see it as such a bad thing. The players, team and support staff (in this case, the GOL TV people) were upset about a terrible display of officiating and chose to make a statement about it in the best way they knew how.

You think it's in bad form, I think it's showing a side of the club we rarely get to see. I'm only bringing Bosh / Mark Cuban into the argument because they are real people, and our team has always been accused of being run by a soulless mutual fund instead of people who give a shit. This video shows me they give a shit, even if it wasn't done in the most appropriate way. I'd rather see a person making a mistake than a board committee afraid to do anything at all.

Parkdale
09-01-2010, 01:47 PM
and yeah... the leafs haven't made the playoffs in the past 5 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toronto_Maple_Leafs_seasons

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Thats fine. To each their own. I think its a horrible display of sportsmanship (and "talk to Arabe Unido about sportsmanship" is not an acceptable retort, they have their pitiful standards, and evidently we have ours) and lacks any kind of professionalism but I accept that others might think it is 'fun'.

To me it says that the club is desperate for excuses and that is a disheartening realization.

ensco
09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Considering Dallas has played 106 playoff games the last decade, and the Maple Leafs have played 51 playoff games - I unfortunately doubt the bolded statement is true...

Leafs tied for 29th in NHL in playoff games played since 2004, with zero. (Thank you Florida for being equally inept over this period)

Raptors have played 11 playoff games since 2004. I can't be bothered to figure it out, but they can't be any better than 25th in the league in playoff games played since 2004, and are probably closer to 30th. (I did figure out that they're behind the Clippers, who have played 12 games.)

Fort York Redcoat
I don't see the lose here. We get to laugh at a laughable display of unprofessionalism and you get to grumble that it's because of this we were treated unfairly in the tournament.

Excuses all around.

Parkdale
to me it says that the game was such a blatant display of diving that it was asking to be lampooned, and if the club hadn't done it, someone else would have (yes I know a video from a supporter carries a different weight than soothing from an official source)

Parkdale
09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
(I did figure out that they're behind the Clippers, who have played 12 games.)

that stat hurts. a lot. ouch.

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 01:59 PM
to me it says that the game was such a blatant display of diving that it was asking to be lampooned, and if the club hadn't done it, someone else would have (yes I know a video from a supporter carries a different weight than soothing from an official source)

Which would have been the appropriate way for this to play out.

Carts
09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Leafs tied for 29th in NHL in playoff games played since 2004, with zero. (Thank you Florida for being equally inept over this period)

Raptors have played 11 playoff games since 2004. I can't be bothered to figure it out, but they can't be any better than 25th in the league in playoff games played since 2004, and are probably closer to 30th. (I did figure out that they're behind the Clippers, who have played 12 games.)

And here's some quickie NHL numbers from the last decade:
Red Wings = 120
Senators = 81
Avalanche = 81
Flames = 52

I left out some perennial playoff teams when just random searching, so there's no chance the Leafs are among playoff game leaders in the last decade...

Carts...

SilverSamurai
09-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I am angry. As a Toronto fan I am embarassed that my team would do this.

Secondly, I dont care what "people complain" about. This is completely unprofessional and just plain stupid.

If we were ever going to get the benefit of the doubt on calls in this tournament, we sure as fuck aint going to get them now. You think word of this video isnt going to get back to MLS, CONCACAF and anybody else with an interest in our fortunes in this tournament?

How on earth is mocking the officiating in the middle of a tournament going to help anything?! If you have a problem with officiating or with player conduct take it up with the league. Take it up with CONCACAF. But dont behave like an angry teenager and make a patronizing web video. This is a professional football club behaving like a 16 year old girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend and then posts a video on youtube to get some kind of revenge.

Not only is it completely pathetic and unprofessional but it is entirely counter productive.
Won't matter even if it does.
It's not an MLS tourney so why does MLS care if TFC criticizes the officials?
And CONCACAF is known for its horrible officiating. They won't do anything.

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Won't matter even if it does.
It's not an MLS tourney so why does MLS care if TFC criticizes the officials?
And CONCACAF is known for its horrible officiating. They won't do anything.

Except get even worse.

My point isnt that CONCACAF is going to punish us from a logistical or technical standpoint. CONCACAF is not going to repremand TFC for this. My point is that the refs are going decide "fuck these assholes" and be even more biased.

JonO
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Two things:
1) I don't see it as a knock on the officials, but rather the players
2) You don't think the player know they are diving? Behind doors, they're probably as amused with this video as I am. The difference is that the they see it as part of the game and I don't.

SilverSamurai
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Except get even worse.

My point isnt that CONCACAF is going to punish us from a logistical or technical standpoint. CONCACAF is not going to repremand TFC for this. My point is that the refs are going decide "fuck these assholes" and be even more biased.
They refs already think that.
These lil minnow nations love sticking it to the rich nations of the north whenever they can.

And you won't hear baseball and hockey officials criticize the reffing because it's a LOT better. Hockey has instant replays, as does basketball (plus they stop ever 2mins it feels like).
I just think you're overblowing it. Anyone that's followed the CMNT knows of this crappy reffing.
If anything the Canadian players need to get used to this type of atmosphere for the next round of qualifiers.

Yagbod
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
My point is that the refs are going decide "fuck these assholes" and be even more biased.

The video does not criticize the refs. It is a laugh about the diving and acting. Why would you think the refs would be mad? Unless they were mad from a guilty conscience...

This is all assuming, of course, that they would know how to access the 'interweb'. :canada:

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Anyone that's followed the CMNT knows of this crappy reffing.
If anything the Canadian players need to get used to this type of atmosphere for the next round of qualifiers.

Exactly!

Which is why it is so shocking that Toronto FC is acting like a great football injustice has been committed against them.

Everybody knows what you get when you go into Central America. What happened in Panama was nothing new.

If TFC is going to release a video like this everytime they play a cheap CONCACAF team that dives and embellishes then they are going to need a bigger production staff.

ilikemusic
09-01-2010, 02:36 PM
The video does not criticize the refs. It is a laugh about the diving and acting. Why would you think the refs would be mad? Unless they were mad from a guilty conscience...

This is all assuming, of course, that they would know how to access the 'interweb'. :canada:

So then why is LaBrocca's knee/shin to the face of the Unido keeper in the montage? He definitely wasnt 'diving' when Nick's leg smashed him in the face. So I ask, why is that clip in there if not to criticize the ref?

edit:

After watching it again with the sound I am just as disgusted. What a disgrace. Toronto FC should be ashamed of this childish bullshit. There were three of four completely obvious, completely egregious dives in the video (this is football, why people all of a sudden are getting so high and mighty about diving just shows how disingenuous the disgust of Arabe Unido is, again DERO had the most blatant dive of the night) but there are also 3 or 4 completely obvious fouls (Usanov's sliding tackle right near the beginning sticks out in particular) thrown in there just to flesh out the package and try and make it look worse than it really was.

And Labrocca's shin went right into keepers face. I dont know what your (JonO) 'say what?' is referring to.

Shameful, juvenile garbage from an organization that makes itself looks worse and worse every day.

But thats fine that you all like it.

I hope the irony of being told 'its just sports. its meant to be entertaining and fun' by someone who is a vice-president of a supporters group isnt lost on anyone else.

JonO
09-01-2010, 02:46 PM
So then why is LaBrocca's knee/shin to the face of the Unido keeper in the montage? He definitely wasnt 'diving' when Nick's leg smashed him in the face. So I ask, why is that clip in there if not to criticize the ref?
Say what?

Roogsy
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Man, people will complain about anything. Lord help us if an organization puts out something humourous. Shame on them for being fans of their own team.

Fort York Redcoat
09-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm embarrassed the Jays don't have blooper reels.

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2010, 03:11 PM

TFC didn't make the video to criticize official calls - they made it to laugh at the diving, faking of injures, and literally CRYING from the players.

We have no idea if such a video would be made by any of those other teams, because such behaviour is unprecedented in any other professional sport. You won't see hockey players laying on the ice crying while faking an injury. You won't see a point guard fall over and start rolling around clutching his shins when someone touches them.

And if you did, you can bet the opposing coach and GM would be complaining loudly and often about it. TFC chose to make a funny video about the lack of sportsmanship. Bully for them.

I think some of you are getting way too uptight about this. I will bet you $5 dollars the CONCACAF officials never even know this video exists, let alone watch it, or let it influence future calls against us.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Shame on them for being fans of their own team.

Couldn't have said it better.

- Scott

Wull
09-01-2010, 03:22 PM

i agree the video shouldn't have been made but did you not see the magic healing powers of the red card?!

v00d00daddy
09-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm not going to get into what others here have said but here's my take on this.

I (like many others here) think that the behaviour of the Unido players was shameful. It's sad to see players acting like that.

I also believe (unlike most others here) that reacting to the shitty behaviour of a football team by making a gag reel of them "diving" is just as shitty. What happened to taking the higher road?

What does the club gain by doing this? Other than entertaining/DISTRACTING the supporters when they should be worried about the pathetic effort put forth by the players and the coach.

Seriously though...other than a laugh..what's the point of this?

How does the club benefit in relation to the CCL and having to play this team again....or potentially deal with this official again?

That's why I don't think it's worth the "laugh".

Not to mention that they included a whole bunch of bonafied fouls in that video..and one where it looked like a player might have been injured.

Unido Aribe was classless on the field and we followed up by being classless off of it.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Man, people will complain about anything. Lord help us if an organization puts out something humourous. Shame on them for being fans of their own team.

Here we go again with the "being fans" of the team.

Everyone is a fan of the team. What does that have to do with anything?

If you ask the douchebag that throws a 3/4 beer on to the field in a fit of anger if he's a fan he'll say "Damn right I am"....doesn't make him any less a douchbag.

I don't mean to attack you or your point Roogsy but this argument holds no water for me.

Plain and simple...some people think this video makes the team look bad. Shame on the club for making the team look bad (if that's how you feel)

ochos
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Jeez a lot of people on here need to lighten up. How can some of you come on here for hours a days blabbing away, and the minute a funny video gets released you act all stiff.

Some people on here only know how to complain. Attitude is everything, and personally I think a lot of people on this site need to learn how to stop being so "hi/lo" with this club and it's results...

AL-MO
09-01-2010, 10:43 PM
ILM are you on your rag or something?

I understand your concern but really I watched the video, laughed and moved on.

Roogsy
09-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Everyone is a fan of the team. What does that have to do with anything?

Actually, it's the very point of the video. Regardless if it was staffers, this video reflects the frustration felt by a fan of the team that was felt by all fans. This video could have been made by anyone, staff or not. I have yet to see a good explanation why it's classless, but I grow tired of hearing about this subject, so I am not even going to ask for an explanation.

Comparing an organized, witty and well-thought-out but still heartfelt response to someone who throws a beer on the pitch is comparing apples to bags of piss. To most people, the team's reputation hasn't taken on any damage other than among the team's own fans who somehow worry too much about what others think of a staffers attempt at humour.

v00d00daddy
09-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Comparing an organized, witty and well-thought-out but still heartfelt response to someone who throws a beer on the pitch is comparing apples to bags of piss. To most people, the team's reputation hasn't taken on any damage other than among the team's own fans who somehow worry too much about what others think of a staffers attempt at humour.

This video is witty, well thought out and heartfelt?

Gimme a break.

This conversation is bordering on ridiculous. You say you haven't seen any explanation as to why this video is classless, despite the fact that there are several posts that explain that point of view. You just choose to ignore them because you disagree with them.

How bout answering the one question I asked several times already.

How does the club benefit (in any way), other than a cheap laugh, by making this video?

The only other thing I can think of is that the club gets to deflect the attention of the Unido Aribe game towards the diving and poor officiating, when it should be focused squarely on the players and the coach for their piss poor performance.

TFC's peformance that night on the field was far funnier than the gag reel that the club put out afterwards. Laugh at that if you're looking for a laugh.

Fort York Redcoat
09-02-2010, 07:04 AM
This conversation is bordering on ridiculous.

TFC's peformance that night on the field was far funnier than the gag reel that the club put out afterwards. Laugh at that if you're looking for a laugh.

Sir you just made a run for that border and crossed it ridiculously.

Oldtimer
09-02-2010, 07:25 AM
a lot of people on here need to lighten up.

Some people are wayyyy too serious.

v00d00daddy
09-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Sir you just made a run for that border and crossed it ridiculously.

Do you remember that game? Do you remember how bad we looked and how strange it was to see Mista on the bench for the whole game...even after going down a goal......even after he only played one half in the previous game?

That's what I chose to focus on....not the diving that took place or the shitty video put out subsequently.

Unfortunately nobody is talking about how we lost a perfect opportunity to pick up points on the road due to the fact that we played poorly.

Instead we're talking about how a terrible Central American team dives a lot and laughing at to shitty music.

Who's being ridiculous?

McBrace
09-02-2010, 07:41 AM
I thought we had an entire thread about how poor the team played and why did Preki choose a terrible lineup. Maybe you should visit that thread?

I personally thought it was funny..Professional or not...

Parkdale
09-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Unfortunately nobody is talking about how we lost a perfect opportunity to pick up points on the road due to the fact that we played poorly.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=24297
^ sure they are.

Parkdale
09-02-2010, 08:16 AM
also...

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww179/wonkybiff/gifs/omg.gif

Fort York Redcoat
09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
^Good Knight.

maninb
09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
I say we bomb those Panamanian pussies with streamers and watch them all throw themselves to the ground with "fracturer skulls"....and the whole team doing a DIVING display after we score would be BRILLIANT!!!

bones
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM
The Naked Gun was such a shitty movie. The acting was very poor......

Get a grip guys...fucking hilarious.

Bones...

SilverSamurai
09-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I say we bomb those Panamanian pussies with streamers and watch them all throw themselves to the ground with "fracturer skulls"....and the whole team doing a DIVING display after we score would be BRILLIANT!!!

Not a bad idea. Streamer rules only apply to MLS games ;)