By Scott F.

SilverSamurai
06-25-2008, 06:48 AM
http://ultras114.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

By Scott F.
The man has a point.

Shaughno
06-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Fantastic article. Good point on the pricing of the tickets as well. My understanding is that the Montreal tickets were fairly cheap in comparison, weren't they?

SilverSamurai
06-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Fantastic article. Good point on the pricing of the tickets as well. My understanding is that the Montreal tickets were fairly cheap in comparison, weren't they?
Highest ticket was $30.
Big dif compared to us eh?
Plus their ticketmaster fees are only 3.75

TK88
06-25-2008, 06:58 AM
great article.

Shaughno
06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Wow... ours were what, double that? More for the highest ticket I would assume.

blackandwhite
06-25-2008, 07:02 AM
do you work for CSA or something?

SilverSamurai
06-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Wow... ours were what, double that? More for the highest ticket I would assume.
Lucky if it was double, more like triple, quadruple in some cases...

Shaughno
06-25-2008, 07:14 AM
And they wonder why they have problems selling tickets.

akoto
06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Lucky if it was double, more like triple, quadruple in some cases...

You know what was funny about that? I bought the cheapest ticket to that and because nobody showed up they moved everyone down to fill the bottom. We ended up sitting in the first row with a few people who paid full price for front row. Man I would have been pissed if I were them.

dupont
06-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I definitely agree that they should keep the price down. They should generate interest in the National team by making it affordable and getting the public hooked.

SilverSamurai
06-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I definitely agree that they should keep the price down. They should generate interest in the National team by making it affordable and getting the public hooked.

They should market the f*CK out of it to the local youth footy clubs. That would EASILY eat up 3-4k seats.
Although we have the CSA factor again...

greatwhitenorf
06-25-2008, 12:51 PM
If I were running the show for Canada's WC qualifiers, I'd have two ticket prices. $35, lower west and east between the boxes, $20 everywhere else. I'd cap service charges at $3 per transaction.

I'd give TFC STH's first dibs on their seats. I'd also give a prior-to-the-public sale of packages of remaining cheaper-priced seats to local youth soccer organizations.

I think most TFC fans would instantly take their seats at those prices. The soccer clubs I've had contact with over recent years would love to get involved in something like this and would gobble up their share of tickets very quickly. The kids would go nuts for Canada.

You'd pack the joint, minimize the support for the visitors and create a visual and sonic spectacle that would have sponsors sitting up and taking note of.

There, was that so hard?

Shaughno
06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
If I were running the show for Canada's WC qualifiers, I'd have two ticket prices. $35, lower west and east between the boxes, $20 everywhere else. I'd cap service charges at $3 per transaction.

I'd give TFC STH's first dibs on their seats. I'd also give a prior-to-the-public sale of packages of remaining cheaper-priced seats to local youth soccer organizations.

I think most TFC fans would instantly take their seats at those prices. The soccer clubs I've had contact with over recent years would love to get involved in something like this and would gobble up their share of tickets very quickly. The kids would go nuts for Canada.

You'd pack the joint, minimize the support for the visitors and create a visual and sonic spectacle that would have sponsors sitting up and taking note of.

There, was that so hard?

Only if you are in any way shape or form involved with the CSA.

denime
06-25-2008, 01:14 PM
From V's board,ideas for Canada banner:
http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16180

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7/canadartwc20101280x1024tc5.jpghttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/%5BURL=http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=canadartwc20101280x1024tc5.jpg%5D%5BI MG%5Dhttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7/canadartwc20101280x1024tc5.th.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

denime
06-25-2008, 01:23 PM
They should promrote those tickets with EX at CNE.EX starts at Aug.15,

adamdz
06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Too Bad I will be rooting for Jamaica!@

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=429

FluSH
06-25-2008, 01:47 PM
http://ultras114.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

By Scott F.

EDIT: i.e. Ultras leftist or... (can someone move this to the correct thread =P)

I briefly scanned the blog... and immediately went and read the Che piece....

Personally I think the entire purpose nowadays of using Che as a figure or icon has diminished and backfired... it actually disgusts me... it makes some look like posers more than the believers behind the ideology.... why do you ask? Well... There are a dozen of other political figures like Che who can represent the same stance that you are trying to portray... but everyone and their uncle inlaw uses Che as a figure... because to some it is the cool thing to do and to use others it is not...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/mrtobo/Subcomandante_marcos.jpg

El Subcommandante Marcos

TFCBrigade
06-25-2008, 11:42 PM
EDIT: i.e. Ultras leftist or... (can someone move this to the correct thread =P)

I briefly scanned the blog... and immediately went and read the Che piece....

Personally I think the entire purpose nowadays of using Che as a figure or icon has diminished and backfired... it actually disgusts me... it makes some look like posers more than the believers behind the ideology.... why do you ask? Well... There are a dozen of other political figures like Che who can represent the same stance that you are trying to portray... but everyone and their uncle inlaw uses Che as a figure... because to some it is the cool thing to do and to use others it is not...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/mrtobo/Subcomandante_marcos.jpg

El Subcommandante Marcos

You know what I personally have a problem with? People who jump on the bandwaggon of bashing those who rock Che gear and label them as trend followers.

I can find you hundreds of South American revolutionary figures who were monumental in the struggle against totalitarianism - from Camilo Torres Restrepo to Allende to Carlos Fonseca and Augusto Sandino, but so what? Che is an international symbol of a struggle against oppression, who we happen to identify with in a non-political way. So you insulting us by making that banner, I take personally.

So please, keep your stereotypes to yourself.

adampz
06-25-2008, 11:44 PM
too bad they dont make shirts with pictures of lech walesa, adamdz we have to get some made:)

Roogsy
06-26-2008, 12:04 AM
You know what I personally have a problem with? People who jump on the bandwaggon of bashing those who rock Che gear and label them as trend followers.

I can find you hundreds of South American revolutionary figures who were monumental in the struggle against totalitarianism - from Camilo Torres Restrepo to Allende to Carlos Fonseca and Augusto Sandino, but so what? Che is an international symbol of a struggle against oppression, who we happen to identify with in a non-political way. So you insulting us by making that banner, I take personally.

Then you missed the point of his comment.

You freely admit using a trendy (although you don't use the word "trendy") figure of revolution but then get upset when you get called out for submitting yourself to the trend itself.

Odd that Flush is not the one I would accuse of using a stereotype. Most Latinos I know cringe at the commercialization and minimization of one of our historical figures. But what can we do? It's not possible to fight the trend. But I wouldn't call it a bandwagon. We have always felt this way...ever since Cuba started selling out his image.

All I know is that 10 years ago, had TFC existed, I doubt we would have seen Che Guevara's portrait at any stadium in Toronto. If that does not point to it's trendiness, I don't know what does.

adampz
06-26-2008, 12:09 AM
WHO cares, people where what they want, its not like theyre harming anybody. I've seen banners on the railings of the south section during games with che on them, and that is why this discussion started, i guess it can bug some people since its not really related to tfc, but until everysingle banner at tfc games has che on it, dont worry. Its not a big deal.

TFCBrigade
06-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Then you missed the point of his comment.

You freely admit using a trendy (although you don't use the word "trendy") figure of revolution but then get upset when you get called out for submitting yourself to the trend itself.

Odd that Flush is not the one I would accuse of using a stereotype. Most Latinos I know cringe at the commercialization and minimization of one of our historical figures. But what can we do? It's not possible to fight the trend. But I wouldn't call it a bandwagon. We have always felt this way...ever since Cuba started selling out his image.

All I know is that 10 years ago, had TFC existed, I doubt we would have seen Che Guevara's portrait at any stadium in Toronto. If that does not point to it's trendiness, I don't know what does.

Odd that there is a counter-revolution (ha at the irony) or a movement of individuals who aim to insult anybody who sports Ernesto's image; whether it be on a shirt, on a poster, or on a banner. Because Che is seen as a trend, I am to submit myself to that train of thought by refusing to rock a shirt (or make a banner) of a figure whom I personally admire? Why - because of all the Pradda-Che wearing air-heads? I don't think so.

And most Latino's that I know do not cringe at the commercialization of Che's image unless its spearheaded by makeshift revolutionaries, or idiots who know nothing about the man. I on the other hand, do know something about the man and about his movement.

I study and take great pleasure in knowing and understanding South American revolutionaries and their movements, thus to attack me (or the group for making a Che banner) is rather offensive.

And why would you see a Che picture at any other sporting event in Toronto when all other sporting events do not have the same supporter group culture of football?

koryo
06-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Very well written and poignant.

Kepp them coming.

FluSH
06-26-2008, 08:03 AM

I want you to sit down and think about this...

In North America:

Che means everything, and yet it means NOTHING.

inhale that for a second or two...

KdotOdot
06-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I want you to sit down and think about this...

In North America:

Che means everything, and yet it means NOTHING.

inhale that for a second or two...

Isn't that what Salah-Hadin said about Jeruselum?

Nomad
06-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Supporting Che and his ideologies but then making a banner in his image and saying it isn't political? I don't understand this.......

I thought we were going to keep politics out of the stadium?

FluSH
06-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Isn't that what Salah-Hadin said about Jeruselum?

hahahaha are you kidding me?! if he did then... call me Salah-Hadin!!!!

Barbarez
06-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Supporting Che and his ideologies but then making a banner in his image and saying it isn't political? I don't understand this.......

I thought we were going to keep politics out of the stadium?

Something you and the red patch crew agreed on doesn't go for everybody Nomad.

TFCBrigade
06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Whether I personally like Che or not is irrelavant to the banner. I already explained the banner, and its getting tiring explaining it over and over again.

And Flush, what difference does that make? So just because something is "irrelevant" to Canadian society (or what you deem to be irrelevant to Canadian society) we are not to talk about it or present it? Uhm, the logic never ceases to amaze me.

SilverSamurai
06-26-2008, 08:50 AM
I'll never understand the rational behind Che in Canada and somehow it not being political.
Then again, I don't get what this has to do with supporting the CMNT which is what the original article was being linked to.
F*ck it, I'm making a Juan Peron banner. Why? I have no idea... lol

FluSH
06-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Whether I personally like Che or not is irrelavant to the banner. I already explained the banner, and its getting tiring explaining it over and over again.

I thought I was clear... but I could careless if someone personally likes Che or not... that is not my point... it is your reasoning behind making the banner as you state in your blog, and chosing a better medium to do it.

And Flush, what difference does that make? So just because something is "irrelevant" to Canadian society (or what you deem to be irrelevant to Canadian society) we are not to talk about it or present it? Uhm, the logic never ceases to amaze me.

Also, is not simply whether it is irrelevant or not in our society... it is the fact that you have FAILED to see what Che has becomed in our society... whether you like it or not... you have been classified along with the rich college kids, and Yorkville yuppies sipping on Latte's... if you fail to see this then you are living in a bubble. In my opinion... If you are truly for the movement then a banner quoting Che... or saying "Stop the Oppression" would have more credibility and respect... but I can't tell you what to do... you do you... what I do know is that the movement is more than just the Che image... and our society fails to see that...

FluSH
06-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Something you and the red patch crew agreed on doesn't go for everybody Nomad.

Let's not place us all on the same boat here... I am indifferent about using politics in the stadium... my concern is what comes first.... Politics or the Team?

Will you be friends with the Montreal and San Jose Ultras who are also displaying the Che Banner? Shouldn't we be if we stand for the same political movement?

I would love to bring politics to the stadium, but then I would also probably lose alot of friends... and that's the truth.

TFCBrigade
06-26-2008, 09:11 AM
I thought I was clear... but I could careless if someone personally likes Che or not... that is not my point... it is your reasoning behind making the banner as you state in your blog, and chosing a better medium to do it.

Also, is not simply whether it is irrelevant or not in our society... it is the fact that you have FAILED to see what Che has becomed in our society... whether you like it or not... you have been classified along with the rich college kids, and Yorkville yuppies sipping on Latte's... if you fail to see this then you are living in a bubble. In my opinion... If you are truly for the movement then a banner quoting Che... or saying "Stop the Oppression" would have more credibility and respect... but I can't tell you what to do... you do you... what I do know is that the movement is more than just the Che image... and our society fails to see that...

And I believe you have failed to see my counter-point to the notion that anybody who rocks Che is a rich, college kid or a Yorkville yuppy. When they rock his image but know nothing about him, I know who I'm dealing with. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Che is a watered down revolutionary. My point was that there are people WHO DO know about Che and do rock his shit and should continue to do so, no matter what kind of capitalistic profit-making machine his image has become. They shouldn't counter that perspective by getting rid of the Che gear and fold like a bunch of US-backed troops in the Sierra Maestra.

ilikemusic
06-26-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.jakouiller.com/share/milton%20friedman.jpg

Im gonna make a big banner with his face on it. It isnt political though. Its just that I believe the salary cap is harmful to the league. :rolleyes:

FluSH
06-26-2008, 04:38 PM
And I believe you have failed to see my counter-point to the notion that anybody who rocks Che is a rich, college kid or a Yorkville yuppy. When they rock his image but know nothing about him, I know who I'm dealing with. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Che is a watered down revolutionary. My point was that there are people WHO DO know about Che and do rock his shit and should continue to do so, no matter what kind of capitalistic profit-making machine his image has become. They shouldn't counter that perspective by getting rid of the Che gear and fold like a bunch of US-backed troops in the Sierra Maestra.

I think my point is proven here as I will never 'rock' Che gear... and besides noone has ever asked you to fold your movement... If you read the most basic tactics in war you would see the need to adapt to change... which some unfortunately have never done.

Hasta la Victoria...

werewolf
06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
http://thoseshirts.com/images/square-med-commies.gif (http://thoseshirts.com/commies.html)

NF-FC
06-26-2008, 05:39 PM
From V's board,ideas for Canada banner:
http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16180

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7/canadartwc20101280x1024tc5.jpghttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/%5BURL=http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=canadartwc20101280x1024tc5.jpg%5D%5BI MG%5Dhttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7/canadartwc20101280x1024tc5.th.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

the CSA should be plastering images like this everywhere in Montreal, Toronto, and Edmonton. this is a really great piece of art, i'm almost considering having it blown up and wall mounted

Leprechaun
06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
the CSA should be plastering images like this everywhere in Montreal, Toronto, and Edmonton. this is a really great piece of art, i'm almost considering having it blown up and wall mounted

You are right. I love this image and immediately made it my background and wish I had it on a t-shirt or something. If CSA marketed the CMNT in ways like this then a lot more tickets will be sold.

Razcle
06-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Ha...First thing I did was print off a big version of this poster and put it on the wall. I am debating putting it up around University of Waterloo

Cashcleaner
06-27-2008, 07:20 AM
At this point in time I would like to once again note that not all Latinos view Che and his political beliefs in the same postive light that we seem to assume here in North America.

Do all Americans revere Kennedy? Do all Germans condemn Hitler?

Mikey
06-27-2008, 08:10 AM
This thread is a load of bollox.
why is it in the news section anyway?
Blogs aren't news.

Barbarez
06-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Blogs aren't news.

Because I'm your fucking daddy, thats why.

denime
06-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Blogs aren't news.

And you would put blogs in what forum? off topic :noidea:

Mikey
06-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Because I'm your fucking daddy, thats why.

hsahahaha

listen kid. stick to watching football factories with a lit flare protruding out of ass, and dont come looking for trouble from me.

NF-FC
06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Ha...First thing I did was print off a big version of this poster and put it on the wall. I am debating putting it up around University of Waterloo

Thats actually a great idea. We all know the CSA won't do any marketing. If could we could get people in Toronto, Edmonton, and Montreal to start printing these off and slapping them everywhere like concert posters it'll atleast get the message out there.:canada:

RealG-TFC
06-27-2008, 10:22 AM
hsahahaha

listen kid. stick to watching football factories with a lit flare protruding out of ass, and dont come looking for trouble from me.

Ooohh internet tough guy! Run!

:willy_nilly:

FluSH
06-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Ooohh internet tough guy! Run!

:willy_nilly:

That's it you're getting the beat down now!!!

RealG-TFC
06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
lol.

TorontoBlades
06-27-2008, 11:29 AM
hsahahaha

yeah cause you just might get control-alt-deleted mofo

I love cyber thugs

Rudi
06-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Glad to see some things don't change.

That banner art is fucking amazing, though.

FluSH
06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Glad to see some things don't change.

That banner art is fucking amazing, though.

Although I haven't seen it in up close... I've heard the same about the detail.

Super
06-28-2008, 03:17 PM
I go to the games to support the team and not some political agenda. Sure, we could all bring banners of people we admire, and then we can all fight, the left-wingers vs. the right-wingers. The supporters of Che, and those who quite frankly hate his legacy. Whatever! Speaking of Casuals :D

Football is everything to me when I am at the stadium. I couldn't care less about country, history, politics or religion. TFC is all of that when the game is on, and more :)