PDA

View Full Version : Team we could have been...

Vince Whirlwind
08-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Tonight's craptastic line-up made me think - take away all the personal crap, sell-offs and botched management and our starting 11 could look like:

Frei

Gargan - Cann - Tebily - Attakora

Edu
Dero Robert
Guevera

Buddle Mista

Bench:
Maicon
Barrett
Wynne
Brennan
Conway
(bunch of CanCon after that)

I know...I know...would never have gone down this way (who liked Buddle, for example, at the time?), but this line-up would be killer!

Heart of Stone
08-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Chris Cummins as Manager...

razor787
08-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Yea, we had all those players in the past, but to have them all at the same point, we would be well over the cap.

Plus why Tebily, Robert, Wynn?

Tebilly was here for 4 games before retiring, and was shit.

Robert Shit the bed.

Wynn had speed, but lacked skill

The Best XI from the top of my head, barring the cap

Gargan----Attacora---Cann----
------------JDG---------------
----Guevara----Dero----------
-----------Eskandarian------
-----Mista-------------------
----------------Buddle-------

Subs:
Maicon
Ricketts
Barrett
RoBo
Brennan
Dichio

Vince Whirlwind
08-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Yea, we had all those players in the past, but to have them all at the same point, we would be well over the cap.

Robert Shit the bed.

Subs:
Maicon
Ricketts
Barrett
RoBo
Brennan
Dichio

Disagree that Tebily was shit...probably the best back we've ever had, IMHO.

Robert is a great player who obviously was deflated by the team around him and stopped playing up to his potential.

Wynne is good depth.

Edu far better than JDG in my eyes.

Interesting to see your choices though!

TFC USA
08-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Wynne isn't even good depth. He should take up baseball because that way he like playing the ball with his hand and is fast so he can steal bases.

Heart of Stone
08-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Robert is a great player who obviously was deflated by the team around him and stopped playing up to his potential.

Storyline developing the same with Mista...

razor787
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Disagree that Tebily was shit...probably the best back we've ever had, IMHO.

Wynne is good depth.

Edu far better than JDG in my eyes.

Interesting to see your choices though!

Tebily played 4 games, let numerous people past him, and was slow. He had a good pedigree, but when he realized that the MLS wasnt the retirement league he thought it was, he backed out

Robert is the same way. He had a good couple games, but after that, he stopped caring, and let stopped trying. I doubt it was the fact that the players around him werent up to snuff, but even if that was the case, its no excuse to not hustle. He had eventually stopped running, and just walked around the pitch for the most part.

Edu was a great player, and has potential, but I dont think he is better than JDG. He was a great player, but he was only good at his position. JDG however, without him, the team falls apart. He is the glue that holds our whole back line together. Edu never did that.

flatpicker
08-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Robert is a free agent.

Shall we try again?

:noidea:

razor787
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Hell no... I wouldnt even consider taking that shitbag back.

Vince Whirlwind
08-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Robert is a free agent.

Shall we try again?

:noidea:

hells ya! Who'd you rather see - Robert or Peterson? Sheesh...

If nothing else, someone who can score off a free kick would be nice to have again.

razor787
08-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I would rather take peterson. Kid atleast shows SOME hustle

Vince Whirlwind
08-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I wonder how it is the Red Bulls can afford Henry, Marquez and Angel and my line-up would be out of reach?

Can't understand MLS sometimes...

Blizzard
08-24-2010, 11:29 PM

Robert Shit the bed.

Subs:
Maicon
Ricketts
Barrett
RoBo
Brennan
Dichio

Your totally off base on Tebily. First of all, he was injured for most of the time he was here and when he did play, he played with an authority that none of our defenders had at that time. Also, he didn't retire. He went home for family reasons.

I've said it many times. If Tebily sticks with TFC and is healthy enough to play a reasonable number of games, we do not miss the play-offs that season.

BTW, If you want a fantasy team of who could be playing for TFC now, you can't really include players who aren't playing anymore.

razor787
08-24-2010, 11:35 PM
I never said that it was for people playing now, I simply said it was the TFC best XI

And I dont think we are going to agree on Tebily. I had a pretty decent rating on him before he signed, but when he was here, I didnt rate him too highly

reggie
08-25-2010, 12:03 AM
no offence..but peterson is brutal he couldnt play in my beer league,i liked tebily the few games he played to bad he was injured so much,

Wagner
08-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Didn't we have Conor Casey for 2 minutes?

zooko62000
08-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Wynne isn't even good depth. He should take up baseball because that way he like playing the ball with his hand and is fast so he can steal bases.

Funny thing is his dad was a Major League Baseball player
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvell_Wynne_(baseball)
(look at personal life)

Wull
08-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Tebily wasn't nicknamed bombscare at previous clubs as a form of irony

Redcoe15
08-25-2010, 08:45 AM
What about Serioux?

ensco
08-25-2010, 09:21 AM
The more painful list is the "ex TFC but still in MLS" starting XI, which would almost certainly be better than our current squad (but would, admittedly, be older)

------------------Sutton-------------------------
----Dunivant---Marshall----Wynne----James---
--------Cronin---Robinson----Serioux----------
-------Buddle---Cunningham---Casey---------

you could also put Hesmer or Busch in the nets, as we had both their rights in 2007

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-25-2010, 09:50 AM
I also recall Tebily playing quite well for us.

v00d00daddy
08-25-2010, 09:53 AM
The more painful list is the "ex TFC but still in MLS" starting XI, which would almost certainly be better than our current squad (but would, admittedly, be older)

you could also put Hesmer or Busch in the nets, as we had both their rights in 2007

I'd take the current squad over this one in a heartbeat.

KezmanCCCC
08-26-2010, 01:57 AM
I agree^

What were you thinking:facepalm:

Cristiano14
08-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Frei
Gargan--Attakora--Cann--Dunivant
JDG
Guevera------Dero
Casey---Cunningham---Buddle

Yohan
08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
people seems to be forgetting that a lot of player listed, esp strikers never produced for TFC (but did helluva well for other teams)
heck, might as well put Carlos Ruiz on the list too, because he is one of best strikers MLS ever had

I dont recall Tebily ever screwing up for all the 4 games he plays for TFC. then again, with the shite backline of 07 season, he looked like Cannavaro in comparison

Mikey
08-28-2010, 04:40 AM
LOL, Robert and his white velour tracksuit with the gold stripe down the leg....hahahaha Whats French for Chav?

Voodooman
08-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Didn't we have Conor Casey for 2 minutes?

Unfortunately, could of used him for 5 minutes.

ag futbol
08-28-2010, 11:10 AM
These kind of things are a little disingenuous in the sense that we pickup-drop certain players for a reason.

But... list of former TFC players i would want back (and realistically would have played here):

- Marshall
- Dunivant
- Buddle
- Roselund
- Hemming

Of all the players we let go Marshall probably troubles me the most. He's not the best defender in MLS by any stretch but he's very servicable.

ArmenJBX
08-28-2010, 11:18 AM
All time best TFC lineup.

Stefan Frei
Greg Sutton
Jon Conway

Dan Gargan
Marvell Wynne
Nana Attakora
Adrian Cann
Adrian Serioux
Tyrone Marshall
Todd Dunivant
Jim Brennan

Julian de Guzman
Amado Guevara
Maurice Edu
Nick LaBrocca
Carl Robinson
Amadou Sanyang
Dwayne De Rosario
Paulo Nagamura

Edson Buddle
Miguel Mista
Chad Barrett
Danny Dichio

Brooker
08-30-2010, 02:33 PM

LOL! Not at all!

rocker
08-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Tebily was solid in his games. Miss the guy :(
I remember when he bossed Montreal around. That was awesome.

H Bomb
08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Your totally off base on Tebily. First of all, he was injured for most of the time he was here and when he did play, he played with an authority that none of our defenders had at that time. Also, he didn't retire. He went home for family reasons.

I've said it many times. If Tebily sticks with TFC and is healthy enough to play a reasonable number of games, we do not miss the play-offs that season.

BTW, If you want a fantasy team of who could be playing for TFC now, you can't really include players who aren't playing anymore.

So true about Tebily.

It also blows my mind that Gargan makes peoples team. I love him, he's a great attitude guy....but come on guys....he's only a good footballer. not a great one.

Dub Narcotic
08-30-2010, 09:20 PM

Don't think that team is that good, although the strikers are better than ours currently. I would put Nagamura in there instead of Serioux for a better team.

Can we please stop overrating Euro-crap like Tebilly and Robert? They both did nothing in MLS and went home to complete obscurity in secondary leagues, at best. It wasn't because they were geniuses dragged down by MLS standards, it was because they sucked and were past their prime.

maninb
09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
^ Agreed Tebily and Robert were both crap...the proof is after they left TFC they both faded into obscurity...and anybody listing Sutton over Frei should have their head examined!!!! Sheeesh...besides DeRo he's the one other UNANIMOUS pick...

Blizzard
09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Don't think that team is that good, although the strikers are better than ours currently. I would put Nagamura in there instead of Serioux for a better team.

Can we please stop overrating Euro-crap like Tebilly and Robert? They both did nothing in MLS and went home to complete obscurity in secondary leagues, at best. It wasn't because they were geniuses dragged down by MLS standards, it was because they sucked and were past their prime.

LOL. MLS fans talking about players in secondary leagues?! MLS fits that description to a tee.

ArmenJBX
09-03-2010, 02:13 PM
The problem is there's no way we fit all our "best ever" players under the salary cap. Yes, there are good players which we had but we can't have them all.

If you look at the best XI in the history of any club it is certainly better then their current teams. :D