PDA

View Full Version : Barrett now > Thierry Henry: discuss

Oldtimer
08-21-2010, 03:33 PM
How did Thierry Henry miss such an easy goal with just Frei to beat?

Honestly, the Preki version of Barrett would have finished that off.

I remember Henry from the France team with Zidane, but he's not just missing game fitness, he's past his best before date.

OK, I'm joking a bit, but that was an amazing miss.

ArmenJBX
08-21-2010, 03:36 PM
It was a poor miss, but it was just one miss. Chad Barrett could have scored it, but he could have missed. I think we just expect Henry to net those. Good thing he didn't, I can't handle 3 debut goals :(

colman1860
08-21-2010, 04:55 PM
He slipped on our shitty grass (yes I'm glad we have it, but how many times do you see players wipe out every game?) Not really his fault, still showed more skill out there than Barrett could ever dream of (with all due respect to Chad)

ensco
08-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I agree that Henry would not have missed that in his prime, but seriously, "past his best buy date"?

He had at least 6 or 8 great touches on the ball, 2 or 3 were sensational.

Carts
08-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Marquez & Angel - DP's who make a difference...

Chevy
08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Henry absolutely undressed Garcia on half a dozen occasions today.

But I guess that really doesn't prove anything does it. Never mind.

That's saying something, considering in soccer terms Garcia is running about nearly naked on the pitch.

Nodoubtguy
08-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry, but Henry is quality and so is Marquez. Comparing anyone on our team to them in talent is a bit of a joke.

Oldtimer
08-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry, but Henry is quality and so is Marquez. Comparing anyone on our team to them in talent is a bit of a joke.

I said I was joking, no? :D

jloome
08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
How did Thierry Henry miss such an easy goal with just Frei to beat?

Honestly, the Preki version of Barrett would have finished that off.

I remember Henry from the France team with Zidane, but he's not just missing game fitness, he's past his best before date.

OK, I'm joking a bit, but that was an amazing miss.

He just slipped on the wet grass and the ball balooned on him. I've seen Drogba do the same.

Barrett would have slipped too, but probably would've pulled a groin muscle to boot. (He's doing fine this year though, eh?)

bigtfcfan
08-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Henry missed a couple amazing chances against Houston too. He just needs to get back into his groove.

maninb
08-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I think Henry almost felt sorry for our pylon Garcia...he was tearing him to pieces and then switched wings...of course the guy he switched with also made Garcia look like a bufoon so it didn't matter much...I think our pitch is nice they just over-water it at times...