PDA

View Full Version : Songbooks: V2

__wowza
08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
bigger project = more lead time.
i'm doubling the war effort, which means that we're going for about HALF the people in attendance (as per last games attendance, we''re looking at 8000). this is going to be twice as large as the last set i did, and i really want it to go as smoothly as possible, here's the time frame i'm looking at. keep an eye out if you'd like to help.

week 1 (22nd - 28th):
- compiling chants (includes creating them)

week 2 (30th - 4th):
- finalizing a good 13/14 solid

week 3 (5th - 11th):
- designing / finishing
- contacting appropriate sources to let them know that there's 8000 of these things coming in (i don't want there to be any snags).

week 4 (12th - 18th):
-printing
-finding volunteers to distribute in the different sections

week 5 (19th - 25th):
- printing

DavydMT
08-19-2010, 10:16 AM
i think V.1 was very good, my $0.02 remove few easier chants and add

----
Forever we'll love you so
Through all of the highs and lows
This is our crest and this, this is our home

We want you to know
We want you to knoooooow oh oh
Forever we'll love you, we'll love you TO...

----
You're in our hearts,
You're in our blood
We love you TFC!
I'd rather die than see you lose
Forever Victory!

Laalalalalalallala
Lalalallalalalala lalalalalal
lalalal lalallaall LALaalalal
lalal Laalalallal lalla

- i can use my printer for 500 (black and white only)

West220Side
08-19-2010, 11:41 AM
So you won't be giving us a link as last time :( i'm a little sentimental so i printed a few out and handed them out, but i also printed one out on nice paper and kept it for myself :D. This "bigger" project meaning we will have to find somebody distributing to get a copy this time? i much preferred the option of printing it off my computer.

__wowza
08-19-2010, 11:48 AM
no, i'll be posting the link again for sure. the printing was just in reference to the copies that are going to be distributed en mass.

West220Side
08-19-2010, 12:31 PM
no, i'll be posting the link again for sure. the printing was just in reference to the copies that are going to be distributed en mass.

I bow to the master, Thank You!! :seeya:

Hitcho
08-19-2010, 12:44 PM
These are great, and this sounds like a massive effort being undertaken for the next CL match, great work.

The only problem with song sheets, is that if you're a newbie to the chants (and a lot of the people receiving the sheets will be) then it's very hard to get any idea of what it's supposed to sound like. In an ideal world people would learn through osmosis, but we're many years away from that yet.

In the meantime, is a properly organized set of videos possible, with a link being sent out in the FO e-mail that goes out before the game? If they gave it some prominence, a lot of people would probably view it, and at least then they'd have the tunes n their head, and could use the song sheets to fill in the blanks.

I think a tandem approach of videos and song sheets would make it that much easier for people to pick up on and join in with the chants. I know FluSh has already done something along these lines in the songs forum. Could that be the starting point we need? We'd need FO co-operation of course, but I think they must have seen on Tuesday night what it's possible to achieve on these big nights, so I'm guessing they'd be willing to help (subject to branding issues re the TFC crest and RPB logo etc being sensibly resolved).

PS - agree with DavydMT, that's a great one to add, but a classic example of something people would need the tune for (whereas "TFC clap clap clap" they probably would not).