PDA

View Full Version : BMO field access during CNE -- Enter with TFC ticket

bigred3
08-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know how we access BMO while the CNE is on? Can we get in any entrance with a game ticket?

Normally I wouldn't care but I recently tore my achilles tendon playing soccer down at the docks, and while I am on crutches I have pretty limited mobility. Going more than a couple blocks is pretty draining.

I haven't seen anything posted on the CNE or TFC sites in regards to this, and I have tickets for Aug 21 and Aug 28.

Thanks for the help!

:scarf:

jabbronies
08-19-2010, 09:06 AM
entrance with game ticket.
I hope this year they have a couple "TFC only" lines to get people in.

Parkdale
08-19-2010, 09:09 AM
yeah, you show the ticket, they let you in. It's pretty smooth actually.
I've never been that held up before.

bigred3
08-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the help. I think my best bet will be to enter off Strachan and ride the choo-choo to the SW corner of BMO.

Parkdale
08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I wish they still had the cable car ride across the midway.

tfcleeds
08-19-2010, 09:21 AM
^ah, the old Alpine Way. CNE hasn't been the same since it was torn down. Then again, CNE isn't what it used to be period. Now its practically just a glorified flea market with a few rides.

Parkdale
08-19-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm going to sticky this thread just because it poses an important question that many other people might also be asking.

ensco
08-19-2010, 10:25 AM

I think it was more of a skilift type thing, no?

I always think about this when I see BMO plastered with Carlsberg signage....

http://www.cnearchives.com/photo_ae_carlsberg.htm

Carts
08-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Also of note to everyone...

Just remember that TTC traffic will be much busier than normal...

Things like the lineup at Union for the 509 will stretch well up the stairs and into the station around Noon, so plan your travel time and route accordingly...

Hell, even the walk through the GO Tunnel will be a little slower, as there are ticket gates just past the station that people need to funnel through...

First weekend of the Ex, in the middle of the day, if the weather is nice, everything around/heading to will be very busy...

Carts...

Parkdale
08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
and the Dufferin Bus / Ossington Bus are always busy, but they run more of them to keep things moving.

nfitz
08-19-2010, 02:37 PM
For fans arriving on Saturday, there are extra GO trains running (http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/news/Table10CNE2010.pdf).

For those arriving on the westbound train from Oshawa, in addition to the 11:49 and 12:49 arrivals, there is also an 11:16 and 12:16 arrival; stops at all stations. Great for me, I'd normally be on the 12:49, but I prefer arriving half-an-hour earlier.

For those arriving on the eastbound train from Aldershot, there are 11:30 and 12:30 arrivals, in addition to the 12:00 and 1:00 arrivals!

There are also two extra trains to take everyone at the CNE home between 5 and 7 pm, but they don't help us this week; nor do they help us next week for the 7 pm game, except for those that might catch the extra 6:13 pm train from Union arriving at 6:19 pm at Exhibition.

Carefree
08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
For those arriving on the westbound train from Oshawa, in addition to the 11:49 and 12:49 arrivals, there is also an 11:16 and 12:16 arrival; stops at all stations. Great for me, I'd normally be on the 12:49, but I prefer arriving half-an-hour earlier.

For those arriving on the eastbound train from Aldershot, there are 11:30 and 12:30 arrivals, in addition to the 12:00 and 1:00 arrivals!

FINALLY! Now people won't be able to use THAT excuse for arriving late to the game. (They'll find something else though.)

nfitz
08-19-2010, 02:51 PM
FINALLY! Now people won't be able to use THAT excuse for arriving late to the game. (They'll find something else though.)Most likely excuse is that they weren't aware that there would be an extra train. I didn't see any signs up at the station for the last game.

torontocelt
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
what if it is a paper ticket? What is to stop someone photocopying a paper ticket and handing them to friends? Not that I will be trying that, I couldn't care less about the CNE but it could work for someone...

Petor
08-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Going to be a busy day at the EX on Saturday.
Warriors Day Parade at 10:30am.
http://www.thewarriorsdayparade.ca/Parade%20Info%20-%202010%20Route.htm

Blues Festival at the Bandshell starting at 11am.

Supposed to be nice weather too.

21,000+ inside the stadium, 100,000+ outside. :flare::scarf::flare:

Yeoman
08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
is there going to be a toronto nationals game?
just saying for parking wise is all

prizby
08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
what if it is a paper ticket? What is to stop someone photocopying a paper ticket and handing them to friends? Not that I will be trying that, I couldn't care less about the CNE but it could work for someone...

great question and to add on to that...what if your buying at the gate/will call???

sulfur
08-19-2010, 06:07 PM
is there going to be a toronto nationals game?
just saying for parking wise is all
MLL season is over.

Torontotonto
08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
From TFC website.

The Canadian National Exhibition is taking place so there are a few things you need to know about access to BMO Field for Saturday’s match against the New York Red Bulls (kick off 1:00 p.m. on CBC):

• All roads on the Exhibition Grounds are closed to traffic.

• Parking is extremely limited. We suggest using public transit to get to the game. If you are driving there are a few spaces available on the grounds, including under the Direct Energy Centre. You could also try parking at Ontario Place or Liberty Village.

• If you need to pick up tickets at Will Call, you will need to pay a deposit at the gate ($16.00) per person to get onto the Exhibition Grounds. You will then be able to get your deposit refunded when you pick up your tickets at the ticket office.

• If you are meeting someone at the match who does not have a ticket with them, arrange to meet outside the gates of the CNE to avoid them having to pay to access the grounds.

• Your match ticket also gets you access to The Ex, so you can enjoy the attractions as well as the soccer! And remember you can also get free grounds admission to Ontario Place on game day as well.

tfcleeds
08-19-2010, 06:38 PM
MLL season is over.

For the Nationals, that is.

Pyeddo
08-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Whats the official line on using a paper printed ticket for entry... same as a hard copy when we hit the EX ticket lines?

rocker
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
a ticket is a ticket... doesn't matter if it's the original ST or the print out.

greatwhitenorf
08-20-2010, 05:19 AM

Great vehicles for joining the Half-Mile High Club.

Or doing tokes and chucking water balloons out of.

Guilty, yer honner.

Gixmo
08-20-2010, 10:09 AM
^LOL

Is there a march, parade etc?

Hooligan69
08-20-2010, 07:24 PM
So, um, will I have to pay CNE admission before being able to spend even more money on a game ticket at the BMO box office prior to the game? :( :confused:

nfitz
08-20-2010, 07:31 PM
So, um, will I have to pay CNE admission before being able to spend even more money on a game ticket at the BMO box office prior to the game? :( :confused:

No (well yes, but it get's refunded).

See http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/08/ex-getting-saturdays-match

where it says:

If you need to pick up tickets at Will Call, you will need to pay a deposit at the gate ($16.00) per person to get onto the Exhibition Grounds. You will then be able to get your deposit refunded when you pick up your tickets at the ticket office.

rocker
08-20-2010, 07:33 PM

no matter, you prob should have a ticket purchased before you come through the Ex gate anyways.
i think this game is gonna be totally sold out. Ticketmaster is just showing singles in 123 ($100+) and STH ticket trader has almost nothing (which is highly unusual this season).

nfitz
08-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Indeed ... I just assumed that anyone who is going to the Box Office was picking up tickets they already ordered.