PDA

View Full Version : TFC - available Cdn players who could help / development

sampace
08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Let's start a thread for Mo / Preki where we list available Cdn players who could improve the squad today or excellent Blue Chip "Addidas Generation" types they should look into bringing on fold.

rocker
08-17-2010, 11:35 AM
just ask Nick Dasovic ;)

West220Side
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
just ask Nick Dasovic ;)

;)

There's a shortlist of Canadians id kill to see on our roster, and this is how it goes.

- Will Johnson (not likely) = 23 years old
- Teal Bunbury (instead of OBW on the bench, long shot) = 20 years old
- Doneil Henry (TFC Academy very likely) = Under 20
- Nicholas Lindsay (TFC Academy very likely) = Under 20
- Eddy Sidra (From what i hear, not under contract - very likely) = 21 years old.

All still young, and all talented.

Cas87
08-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Hell Yes to Nicholas Lindsay :canada:

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Massih Wassey.

Pachuco
08-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Ali Gerba

KezmanCCCC
08-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Igor Pisanjuk - 20 years old - plays in the hungarian first tier - already has 9 goals in 13 apperances... is out on loan from Ferencvarosi (one of the better clubs in hungary)

canada has yet to cap him (for the mens side, he has played u-20 for canada)... he is eligible to play for canada, ukraine or serbia internationally...

other canadians that are available currently are Massih Wassey (22 y midfielder), Richard Hastings and Eddy Sidra (21 y denender)....

i also would love to see players like Dejan Jakovic, Will Johnson, Kevin McKenna, Atiba Hutchinson, Josh Simpson, Iain Hume, Tomasz Radzinski, Simeon Jackson, Rob Friend, Paul Stalteri and Mike Klukowski make their way into a TFC kit at some point in their careers... sooner rather than later...

Oldtimer
08-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Ali Gerba

Playing for Montreal (but maybe not for long).

rocker
08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm not sold yet on Dejan Jakovic. He started out weakly with DC, played better, then has looked bad much of this season (he had an injury tho). It could be because he's playing alongside Julius James. Cann and Nana have been better than him, and a lower price.

ArmenJBX
08-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Paul Stalteri: Leader and a good right back. Can push Gargan to LB or RW.

David Edgar: I know, it's a long shot, but a good LB/LW we could maybe pay DP money for. Better then Mista for the money anyways...

Will Johnson: De Rosario type return to Canada? I dunno, good LW in this league.

Patrice Bernier: Good defensive midfielder, can compliment de Guzman.

Rob Friend: He just got demoted to a league 2 bundesliga team, and may want to come back home?

ag futbol
08-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm not sold yet on Dejan Jakovic. He started out weakly with DC, played better, then has looked bad much of this season (he had an injury tho). It could be because he's playing alongside Julius James. Cann and Nana have been better than him, and a lower price.
They don't have a good system in DCU, pretty much any CB is forced to look bad. They play 3-5-2 without the talent to do it and the guys next to him on the backline are pretty bad. That's not to say he hasn't had his gaffs, but I'd take him on our team any day of the week.

He's a true continental CB, can actually pass (rarity for MLS), and does a good job within a system. Not overly great 1v1 defender but that's why you structure the back-line to avoid those situations. Still in the top 1/3 of MLS defenders IMO.

Hell it's not like Adrian Cann isn't deficient in many ways, but he works for TFC because there's strength in the team and Preki plays him in a way that plays to his strong points.

spark
08-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Paul Stalteri: Leader and a good right back. Can push Gargan to LB or RW.

David Edgar: I know, it's a long shot, but a good LB/LW we could maybe pay DP money for. Better then Mista for the money anyways...

Will Johnson: De Rosario type return to Canada? I dunno, good LW in this league.

Patrice Bernier: Good defensive midfielder, can compliment de Guzman.

Rob Friend: He just got demoted to a league 2 bundesliga team, and may want to come back home?

I'd take Sidra over Stalteri. Although Stalteri is from this area and BMO has grass now, so maybe there's a chance. However, you can bet he will not take any contract bs from Mo like Cann did.

Will Johnson, although Canadian, is not really "Canadian" if you get what I mean. Grew up in the States, spent his teens in the UK.

Bernier I would think is more likely to go home to Montreal and has a year left on his contract so the timing is good for them.

Friend - just signed 3 years with Hertha who have made it their mandate to go right back to Bundesliga. I would think he's up for that challenge and not ready to call it a day in Europe.

A big problem for TFC soon will be competing with VAN/MTL - players like Friend/Sidra/Wassey all have West Coast connections and would probably be more likely to go there.

Pachuco
08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Playing for Montreal (but maybe not for long).

I was just kidding :)

West220Side
08-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Ditch De Guzman and Mista, bring in Edgar and Iane Hume (both as DPs). Problem is they are both still young and in England, it would be a tough negotiation. One i don't think Mo could pull off.

Hitcho
08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Let's start a thread for Mo / Preki where we list available Cdn players who could improve the squad today or excellent Blue Chip "Addidas Generation" types they should look into bringing on fold.

Erm, well in that case let's hope that the Shitecaps and Limp Act aren't reading this thread, since we're not the only Canadian team in the picture any more... :D

Macksam
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
De Jong because he would be the best left back in this league.

Yohan
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
De Jong because he would be the best left back in this league.
Jonathan Bornstein and Heath Pearce has something to say about that...

Macksam
08-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Jonathan Bornstein and Heath Pearce has something to say about that...
Maybe. De Jong does play in a more advanced position usually but watching him as a left back in the Gold Cup 2009 match against Costa Rica convinced me this guy should concentrate on being a full back. He is super at jockeying wingers, tackling and making runs in the final third when he needs to.

deschamp86
08-17-2010, 05:55 PM
FW
Isidro Sanchez (1987) - Currently with Puebla FC Reserve squad, not getting much playing time though he did feature in SuperLiga I believe.

MF
Phil Appiah (1989) - Played with Preston North End Reserves last season but has since then been released.

Shaun Saiko (1989) - Played with Middlesbrough Reserves last season. Started the season on trial with Houston. Has since been playing a bunch of exhibition games with FC Edmonton.

Matt Lam (1989) - Was previously with Sheffield United Reserves (I think), last year spent some time playing in Croatia as he now joins Saiko with FC Edmonton.

Mike D'Agostino (1987) - Has been unattached for a while now, has played at League One level and spent some time training with the Whitecaps, though I'm not sure if it was an official trial. If it was and he didn't stick, probably not worth pursuing.

Massih Wassey (1987) - Spent last season with Schalke Reserves, was capped by the National team where according to reports he played fairly well. Seems to be playing in 4th tier Germany right now.

DF
Paul Stalteri (1977) - All that has to be said about him is that his club has told him to find somewhere new to play. I think everyone knows who he is.

Richard Hastings (1977) - Once again most people will be familiar with him. He could be good depth but probably not worth it at his age. Was cut from his team in Scotland, so he may just end up being a Canadian Garcia.

Eddy Sidra (1989) - Has been capped by the National team. Played pretty well when he has been called upon. Has a lot of speed and can make runs from left back. Currently unattached after playing for Energie Cottbus Reserves last season.

Paris Nakajima-Farran (1989) - Probably not good enough except for depth. But he could be used to lure his brother Issey over here once his contract expires.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-17-2010, 10:35 PM
I think there are CSL players who could fit in with TFC, Milos Scepanovic comes to mind, maybe fellow SWE player Taylor Lord. Does anyone know where in MF Appiah plays?

prizby
08-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Igor Pisanjuk - 20 years old - plays in the hungarian first tier - already has 9 goals in 13 apperances... is out on loan from Ferencvarosi (one of the better clubs in hungary)

canada has yet to cap him (for the mens side, he has played u-20 for canada)... he is eligible to play for canada, ukraine or serbia internationally...

other canadians that are available currently are Massih Wassey (22 y midfielder), Richard Hastings and Eddy Sidra (21 y denender)....

i also would love to see players like Dejan Jakovic, Will Johnson, Kevin McKenna, Atiba Hutchinson, Josh Simpson, Iain Hume, Tomasz Radzinski, Simeon Jackson, Rob Friend, Paul Stalteri and Mike Klukowski make their way into a TFC kit at some point in their careers... sooner rather than later...

do we really need a 36/37 year old belgium div 2 player???

poppamidnight
08-18-2010, 06:57 AM

Not really,

BUT didn't he express his interest in coming her a couple yrs back, but eventually decided against it due to turf?

Now that issue has past, but so has time... Time @ that age is like doggy-yrs, you multiply the actual yrs to see how the body feels

deschamp86
08-18-2010, 07:47 AM

Belgium First Division player

KezmanCCCC
08-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Belgium First Division player

yes his club was promoted for this season...

sampace
09-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Josh Simpson would definetly be a good addition for TFC, he could be the wing player we need.